PDA

View Full Version : People getting fired over Facebook posts

ALS
11-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Be careful if you have Facebook or other Internet blogs.
Companies are looking for excuses to terminate employees.

Watch-out-bosses-are-saving-money-by-firing-employees-over-face/ (http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2008/11/06/watch-out-bosses-are-saving-money-by-firing-employees-over-face/)

JCC
12-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Be careful if you have Facebook or other Internet blogs.
Companies are looking for excuses to terminate employees.

Watch-out-bosses-are-saving-money-by-firing-employees-over-face/ (http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2008/11/06/watch-out-bosses-are-saving-money-by-firing-employees-over-face/)

two of my friends just got fired over some Myspace comments about where they work....comments about upper mangement.

Sucks for them..:blink:.... with the way the economy is right now. Its tough finding a job, especially if your over qualified.

Rocket
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
My dad is a physics professor and my mom is a corporate lawyer. They were warned not to have things like myspace or facebook for threat of being dismissed. We have friends who work in other companies who say very few people make it beyond ten years when the company fires them for some petty reason. They have rules and regulations but they are often ignored unless they want to get rid of you.

Señor Villa
12-07-2008, 01:48 PM
Stupid people getting caught. Never post anything that will be used against you.

JCC
12-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Stupid people getting caught. Never post anything that will be used against you.

I did a search of my name on google, and got hits....so if THAT is available, no telling whos doing the same thing.

You guyz should try that...typing your full name on Google, and see what you get! You might be surprised. Even alias names, like my JCC, got online hits tied to me since i used my real name to register for boards/blogs. Scary stuff..!

watch out!

Ben
12-07-2008, 03:42 PM
I did a search of my name on google, and got hits....so if THAT is available, no telling whos doing the same thing.
Some of those hits are how I get jobs, though. :D

Lerxst
12-07-2008, 10:48 PM
You guyz should try that...typing your full name on Google, and see what you get! You might be surprised. Even alias names, like my JCC, got online hits tied to me since i used my real name to register for boards/blogs. Scary stuff..!

watch out!

I googled my name and apparently I own an internet dating site. :blink: LOL

Ruroshen
12-07-2008, 11:22 PM
I googled my name and apparently I own an internet dating site. :blink: LOL

It's not eHarmony, is it? 'Cause those commercials are kinda creepy... :blink: