PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Alizée interview about Rex cancellation

Scruffydog777
11-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I've been hoping and hoping that someone from Alizée's camp would make some type of statement concerning the cancellation of the concert at the Rex,but still we haven't heard a thing. Therefore I've decided to make a video about how a hypothetical interview with her would go. Now I have a small amount of closure!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4BUWixwEEo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4BUWixwEEo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Tchaikovsky
11-12-2008, 08:50 AM

NarutoSoul
11-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Palm, meet Face. Face, Palm.

clique
11-12-2008, 10:51 AM
I honestly can't believe you're 55 years old.

Ruroshen
11-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Well, they do say that the mind is the second thing to go...

I KEED! I KEED! :p

vercingetorix
11-12-2008, 12:40 PM
I've been hoping and hoping that someone from Alizée's camp would make some type of statement concerning the cancellation of the concert at the Rex,but still we haven't heard a thing. Therefore I've decided to make a video about how a hypothetical interview with her would go. Now I have a small amount of closure!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4BUWixwEEo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Q4BUWixwEEo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can respect why you would make this video but I think you went a little far with the whole thing...I think it's kinda disrespectful what you did...:o

Quantum
11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
I can respect why you would make this video but I think you went a little far with the whole thing...I think it's kinda disrespectful what you did...:o

A little pessimistic as to Alizée's future, but I wouldn't say disrespectful. Fans are disappointed about the cancellation and failure to explain why. But more important they have less tolerance for her right to privacy, given her various below-par performances over most of 2007-2008, and a third album that was pretty good but not in line with her real strengths. It's all a bit tragic, the course she has taken, given the obvious misuse of her strong talent. Her desire for self-management, if that is the correct term, reminds me of some actors in Hollywood who made a good career performing but sought to move up the food chain to become a director or producer. Most flopped because their talent was in acting and not in directing or producing. Alizée might someday, even someday soon, be able to manage her career successfully, but first she must do two things - the first being something she needs help with, the second her's alone to accomplish. First she must have a clear and appropriate strategy of her performance niche focusing on her several strengths, not her weaknesses. Second, she must work more diligently on all the things she does even if it causes delays in production. If she fails to accomplish either of those objectives then pessimism is the right call.

Scruffydog777
11-12-2008, 03:52 PM
I made this video just to bring a little humor to this forum at what I would call a depressing time for her fans. I chose my words and the segments of video very carefully.

I would say that if I made 1 mistake, it was to say that a "lot" of her fans think she may never perform a concert again. I know several of her fans are worried that might happen, because without some new and very good material, she's not going to be able to fill up a theater in Paris in March, but to say a lot might be inaccurate. It could be a lot or it could be just a few. I should have said "some fans".

If anyone was disrespected in this video it was me. I made the most fun of myself. I am a big fan of hers and to post that segment of the video where the interviewer asks if she knew that I was one of her biggest fans and then to have her laugh at the idea was difficult to do.

The only people that might have been offended were Miriam, Alexander and Jessica. But to suggest that they had anything at all to do with the cancellation is totally absurd.

It's just a little bit of humor where I tried very hard not to be disrespectful.
Do you really think Alizée would be offended by this?

I'm 55 and a half

Paulina
11-12-2008, 04:01 PM
I don't know about you all, but I laughed at the "Keep my distance!" part. lol

Future Raptor Ace
11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I made this video just to bring a little humor to this forum at what I would call a depressing time for her fans. I chose my words and the segments of video very carefully.

I would say that if I made 1 mistake, it was to say that a "lot" of her fans think she may never perform a concert again. I know several of her fans are worried that might happen, because without some new and very good material, she's not going to be able to fill up a theater in Paris in March, but to say a lot might be inaccurate. It could be a lot or it could be just a few. I should have said "some fans".

If anyone was disrespected in this video it was me. I made the most fun of myself. I am a big fan of hers and to post that segment of the video where the interviewer asks if she knew that I was one of her biggest fans and then to have her laugh at the idea was difficult to do.

The only people that might have been offended were Miriam, Alexander and Jessica. But to suggest that they had anything at all to do with the cancellation is totally absurd.

It's just a little bit of humor where I tried very hard not to be disrespectful.
Do you really think Alizée would be offended by this?
hey bro, yea I see your effort to make some humor, but you shouldve indicated it right from the beginning,before you got our hopes up for this. Plus its still to soon to joke about this people are still a little pissed off about this and really wont find humor in this.
Respectfully, FRA~

edgar93
11-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I really, dont know what to say :blink:. In one way, I must say it, I laughed, but for some people it isnt funny. You know, if you used your creativity (though you are 55, you have a lot ;)) to create a positive video, it would be great :).

Anyways good job ;) (not sarcastic)

pepelepew
11-12-2008, 04:49 PM

Do you really think Alizée would be offended by this?I got it and it was humorous and I am a staunch protector of Alizee. The grief that I feel regarding Alizee's career has room for some humor although I respect other fans feelings about this. I only fear that Alizee may not want to further her career as opposed to her not being able to. Though her comeback has not been a great marketable success except in Mexico; was in fact a pretty successful attempt from an artistic level. If she has learned and developed a style, developed marketing strategies, and puts together a viable team that will pull to her strengths as an artist then it can and will happen. There is no better teacher than experience. Alizee is very intelligent and I have faith in her as an artist. If she builds it they will come. :)

Scruffydog777
11-12-2008, 06:52 PM
hey bro, yea I see your effort to make some humor, but you shouldve indicated it right from the beginning,before you got our hopes up for this. Plus its still to soon to joke about this people are still a little pissed off about this and really wont find humor in this.
Respectfully, FRA~

You're right Raptor, so I changed the title of the thread. Sorry for getting yours or anyone elses hopes up.

I changed the title of the thread but the old one is still shown on the discussion page. I e-mailed the web master asking him to change it.

Rocket
11-12-2008, 07:16 PM
I think it was a great 'GOTCHA!' :D

johnkim2222003
11-12-2008, 07:23 PM
You hit the right note and it is very funny video. I really enjoyed watching the segment of how Alizee responded to your question; Do you know I am your biggest fun?

Poor fun!!!!

heyamigo
11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
dude you're not related to matrix are you? if you're not, you guys should be friends.

TheBarrett
11-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I was a bit pissed off a long time ago, but I can see the humor in this.
People who are pissed off at this video should calm down, I managed it a while ago. :)

mavsluver41
11-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I thought it was funny, Scruffy :). Especially when she says "keep my distance" :p.

Although, at first when the video wasn't working, I was pissed because I thought that was the joke (as in she would never give an interview :mad:). That would not have been cool. But since that's not the case, thanks Scruffy :p!

Scruffydog777
11-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I really, dont know what to say :blink:. In one way, I must say it, I laughed, but for some people it isnt funny. You know, if you used your creativity (though you are 55, you have a lot ;)) to create a positive video, it would be great :).

Anyways good job ;) (not sarcastic)

Actually, I was working on a kind of a remix. That's how I got the idea.

Although, at first when the video wasn't working, I was pissed because I thought that was the joke (as in she would never give an interview :mad:).

I got a real good laugh out of that. Embedding a video that didn't work would have been really diabolical and I don't think even I could've done that. Certainly not during these difficult times.

P.S. Your quite welcome.

Ben
11-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I changed the title of the thread but the old one is still shown on the discussion page. I e-mailed the web master asking him to change it.
Taken care of.

For what it's worth, I laughed. :)

Sir Wood
11-12-2008, 10:58 PM
Thanks Scruffydog777, I certainly caught on to your jest. ;) And always did love that scene with her laughter and expression that you used from her Japan visit. Of course the "keep my distance" is classic! LMAO!

AceTone
11-13-2008, 12:57 AM
I laughed.

"Stay away." Hah! :D

Tchaikovsky
11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
dude you're not related to matrix are you? if you're not, you guys should be friends.
What he said.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
11-13-2008, 09:56 AM
that was very funny

I don't see how some of you guys can stay so pissed off at such little things all the time

TheBarrett
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
that was very funny

I don't see how some of you guys can stay so pissed off at such little things all the time

They just can't let go. :p

edgar93
11-13-2008, 04:51 PM
My favorite part is when she "says" it was Jessica's mother, her brother, and, oh yes, Jessica :eek:!

:p

johnkim2222003
11-13-2008, 07:32 PM

Besides we are the same age, there is no relationship. However, I believe I am the Biggest supporter of Matrix, and occasionally critics. I believe Alizee owns him. On the other hand, Alizee owns a lot of us here in the board anyway. I watched every video he made. Some of them were very provocative, but most of them have their rationales. He always picks up the right musics. However, recently, he decided to disable comment's feature in his video, so he is becoming stubborner.

NoHandleBars
11-13-2008, 10:08 PM
You all who have critized it and taken it seriously need to chilllllllll out and get a life damn. It was funny and very entertaining.

Good job scruffy!

Rev
11-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Yes. I enjoyed it. :)

Not bad for someone who grew up with rotary telephones and Black and White TV (all three channels).