PDA

View Full Version : A six pack of Alizée

Scruffydog777
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CA_Hy-Jggps&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CA_Hy-Jggps&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's the rapidshare link for this file.
http://rapidshare.com/files/190441603/Six_pack_of_Aliz_e.mpg

Tchaikovsky
12-09-2008, 07:34 AM
No!!! Why didn't he use any songs from Psychédélices?!!

Scruffydog777
12-09-2008, 09:03 AM
No!!! Why didn't he use any songs from Psychédélices?!!

Mainly because there are several versions out there of these 6 songs which was important for what I wanted to do. I'm working on something else that will include songs from Psychédélices too.

chazkimies
12-09-2008, 09:24 AM
what? no toc de mac?:p

Youpidou1
12-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Man when I saw the title of this I thought you meant a 6 pack of Alizée beer.

outlaw
12-09-2008, 01:06 PM
:)she is always soo beautiful and cute AND COOL! i like dat eyeroll of hers @ approximently 1:55. i'd like 2 hear her sing dat "im not 20" song now but substitute it 2 im not 30. lol

Scruffydog777
12-09-2008, 01:29 PM
what? no toc de mac?:p

Unfortunately, I believe there is only one video of her singing Toc de mac and that's from her concert, so there's not much you can do with that video along the lines of what I did with these.

Scruffydog777
12-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Good Job McScruff! Nice editing, smooth, clean, and right on tempo.

I just hope it didn't take too much of your time. Do I need to worry the next time I take a flight that the plane is OK??:)

Thanks!
Not to worry though. I do all this at home. You have to be well rested for this (not to mention the work I do), otherwise you find you start dozing off or you can't concentrate after staring at that monitor so long.

mavsluver41
12-09-2008, 05:52 PM
Why oh why did I watch it. I knew it would happen. Now there's a pile of homework that'll remain on my desk until tomorrow morning, untouched. I guess one more video can't hurt. Or another. One last one. :D

Scruffy, you're the man :)! The video successfully regenerated the reverie of my first few days of heavy Alizée overdose, excellent work.

btw, if your heart doesn't skip a beat at 1:47, see a doctor :p.

edgar93
12-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Awesome! your 2 videos that I have watched are great and original :). You did a nice work there, specially synchronizing the clips with the music.
OMG look at minute 1:28, when she is singing L' Alizee, and she "says" hello to 2 girls in the crowd, they almost became paralyzed :p.

heyamigo
12-09-2008, 06:14 PM
it's a well made video, great job. *reminisces about the old days*

Scruffydog777
12-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Why oh why did I watch it. I knew it would happen. Now there's a pile of homework that'll remain on my desk until tomorrow morning, untouched. I guess one more video can't hurt. Or another. One last one. :D

Scruffy, you're the man :)! The video successfully regenerated the reverie of my first few days of heavy Alizée overdose, excellent work.

btw, if your heart doesn't skip a beat at 1:47, see a doctor :p.

Sorry about the homework Mav. I just reposted this same video. There were a couple of problems in the sync between the video and audio and couple of problems with the audio alone. You just have to click on the first posting to see the updated one.
I'm sure as most of you know, you lose some quality when you upload a video to youtube. If anyone would like the origional version of this video, just send me your address and let me know if you want it in mpeg or dvd form.

MonteCristo
12-09-2008, 10:34 PM
I suddenly feel like volunteering to protect endangered species.....

Amigo!
12-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Nice... Video :wub:

Ben
12-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Very cool, nice memories! And the cut at 2:05 is awesome. :)

chazkimies
12-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Unfortunately, I believe there is only one video of her singing Toc de mac and that's from her concert, so there's not much you can do with that video along the lines of what I did with these.

it's okay, no worries
you've done a great job already;)

JCC
12-10-2008, 01:21 AM
AHHHH...the memories! It made me pop in the En Concert DVD and watch it again:)

It's too bad you couldn't squeeze Parler Tout Bas in there and call it a Baker's Half Dozen....:p

I still ponder what it would have been like to witness this megastar unfold in Europe first hand early this decade! I wish i could've been there. But in a way, we ALL were there...just by listening to her Music!

TheBarrett
12-10-2008, 02:43 AM
Thought I could handle the emotional pains. But no...
I basically lost it at 2:06, and now I feel like bursting Thrash Metal in my ears until they bleed just to prevent myself from being proactive and attempting to stop global warming and bringing the economical crisis around.
Very well done Scruffy, you are yet another conspirator in one who would wish to forever whisk away my equally-bruised soul. :)

dreamer
12-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Very nice video! Unfortunately my computer does not nearly have enough RAM to handle such a large editing project.:(
It's time for a new one, soon.

Scruffydog777
12-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Very nice video! Unfortunately my computer does not nearly have enough RAM to handle such a large editing project.:(
It's time for a new one, soon.

I used Womble. It's good because theres no lag no matter how far you move in the time line. Of course the amount of ram you have also matters, but you should give it a try. You can download a free trial version for 30 days.

rcs
12-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Alright, so I went to each time mark that everyone pointed out. And I've got to admit, there are many fine Lili moments no matter how many times I see these edited videos. My fav is at 1:57 with Lili's "Come Here Finger." Yep, I'm a Gourm fan. Nice transition also at 2:05.

Scruffy, is this the vid that you would introduce Alizee to friends? You put together some great clips that showcase Lili's best angles...not that she has any bad ones. A six-pack intro is a great idea.

Scruffydog777
12-11-2008, 12:02 PM
Scruffy, is this the vid that you would introduce Alizee to friends? You put together some great clips that showcase Lili's best angles...not that she has any bad ones. A six-pack intro is a great idea.

This is definitely a video I would love to introduce other people to Alizée with but where I just made it haven't had the chance yet. The way I usually intoduce them to her is first showing them the Isla Bonita video for 2 reasons. One is that, that's how I found out about her. The main reason though is I've found that even though a lot of people might like the sound of the songs, for them they really can't enjoy if they don't understand a word of what is being sung. So I show one that's in English first.

The second performance I usually show is Moi Lolita. First I have to size up the viewers. Most young and middle aged men,who I will refer to as group 1, I show the Moi Lolita in Amsterdam performance. I consider this one of her most beautiful performances and not because the cheeks of her rear end are hanging out but for her singing, dancing, the music, her beauty, the setting was just awesome. For other people that I would show a Moi Lolita performance to, who I think would take things the wrong way,who I will refer to as group 2, I would choose the Moi Lolita at Festivalbar performance (6-25-2002).

The third video would definitely be JAM.
For group 1 it would be either the performance on 3-3-2003 (Pour Laurett)or the one on 3-15-2003 (Chanson No1). Both incredibly beautiful performances but the one on 3-15 usually wins out because of that beautiful smile on her face at the beginnig. For group 2 it would be the on 6-20-2003 (Festivalbar).

Number 4 would be the great Youpidoo remix that's posted in the video section of this forum. One reason for this is that it's another song in English (though I love the French version equally as well).

Number 5 would be L'Alize in concert. Another great performance. The only reason I have this after Youpidoo is you have keep those none likers of the French language interested.

After this it's such a tough choice.
I think one of the performances where she looked the most beautiful was the J'ai pas vingt ans video at the Eiffel tower. But the scenes where she looked so awesome are well after the song is over and the other woman is jabbering away, so I usually don't show the whole video to prospective fans

After this it's such a tough choice. Lou ou Toi, L'e-mail a des ailes, Toc de mac, Gourmandises, A contre courant, Par Les Paupieres, Amelie, Ella Ella.
So tough to choose. Sometime after the french version of J'ai pas vingt ans and JAM, I'll throw in the English versions.

If I know I got someone hooked, I'll show them Stars a domicile 2003. A real good story.

mavsluver41
12-11-2008, 05:18 PM
This is definitely a video I would love to introduce other people to Alizée with but where I just made it haven't had the chance yet. The way I usually intoduce them to her is first showing them the Isla Bonita video for 2 reasons. One is that, that's how I found out about her. The main reason though is I've found that even though a lot of people might like the sound of the songs, for them they really can't enjoy if they don't understand a word of what is being sung. So I show one that's in English first.

The second performance I usually show is Moi Lolita. First I have to size up the viewers. Most young and middle aged men,who I will refer to as group 1, I show the Moi Lolita in Amsterdam performance. I consider this one of her most beautiful performances and not because the cheeks of her rear end are hanging out but for her singing, dancing, the music, her beauty, the setting was just awesome. For other people that I would show a Moi Lolita performance to, who I think would take things the wrong way,who I will refer to as group 2, I would choose the Moi Lolita at Festivalbar performance (6-25-2002).

The third video would definitely be JAM.
For group 1 it would be either the performance on 3-3-2003 (Pour Laurett)or the one on 3-15-2003 (Chanson No1). Both incredibly beautiful performances but the one on 3-15 usually wins out because of that beautiful smile on her face at the beginnig. For group 2 it would be the on 6-20-2003 (Festivalbar).

Number 4 would be the great Youpidoo remix that's posted in the video section of this forum. One reason for this is that it's another song in English (though I love the French version equally as well).

Number 5 would be L'Alize in concert. Another great performance. The only reason I have this after Youpidoo is you have keep those none likers of the French language interested.

After this it's such a tough choice.
I think one of the performances where she looked the most beautiful was the J'ai pas vingt ans video at the Eiffel tower. But the scenes where she looked so awesome are well after the song is over and the other woman is jabbering away, so I usually don't show the whole video to prospective fans

After this it's such a tough choice. Lou ou Toi, L'e-mail a des ailes, Toc de mac, Gourmandises, A contre courant, Par Les Paupieres, Amelie, Ella Ella.
So tough to choose. Sometime after the french version of J'ai pas vingt ans and JAM, I'll throw in the English versions.

If I know I got someone hooked, I'll show them Stars a domicile 2003. A real good story.

Good choices, all. But it's been my theory for a while now that no matter what videos you show someone, they will never get hooked as you are. I think a large part of "getting hooked" is discovering Alizée's magic for yourself, if that makes sense. I've used this analogy before and here it is again: it's as if someone tells you they think a painting's beautiful and then shows you the painting. Different factors exist in this situation than had you seen the painting for yourself and formulated your own opinions. It's always worth a try, but from my experiences and the infinitesimal successful conversion rate, I don't think showing people videos will ever work. In my opinion, using Alizée themed sigs/avatars on other forums, promoting her work like Disque and LTNY, and placing links to her videos on other sites have a higher chance of working, as they instigate the process of discovery rather than simply imposing one's own passion on others. That's just a hypothesis though, and who knows, your video package might just work.

lefty12357
12-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I totally agree with you mavs. And Scruffy, great job on your video work.

Tchaikovsky
12-12-2008, 12:13 PM
using Alizée themed sigs/avatars on other forums
Huh...I was just thinking of doing that before you posted it. Weird.

Scruffydog777
12-12-2008, 01:00 PM
I think a large part of "getting hooked" is discovering Alizée's magic for yourself, if that makes sense. I've used this analogy before and here it is again: it's as if someone tells you they think a painting's beautiful and then shows you the painting. Different factors exist in this situation than had you seen the painting for yourself and formulated your own opinions.

I think I can relate to this. When I went to Paris last December for Alizée's autograph session, I went for a walk afterwards, headed towards the Eiffel tower. It was around 9 at night. I hadn't seen it yet. I knew something had been done with the lights on it thanks to one of her videos but had no idea what. I was walking down a hill when I could see part of a street in the distance that had red Christmas lights on the trees that lined it. It looked really nice even from a distance. I walked down to get a better look and when I rounded the corner, I saw up and in between all these trees with the red lights, the Eiffel tower. They had installed a series of strobe lights all up and down it and they turn them on for 10 minutes at the top of each hour every night. It was really a spectacular site, and to have rounded that corner when the lights were on was just a piece of great luck. Now if someone had told me about this before hand, I'm sure I would still thought it a beautiful site, but it wouldn't have been the same as discovering it for myself.

I don't think showing people videos will ever work. In my opinion, using Alizée themed sigs/avatars on other forums, promoting her work like Disque and LTNY, and placing links to her videos on other sites have a higher chance of working, as they instigate the process of discovery rather than simply imposing one's own passion on others. That's just a hypothesis though, and who knows, your video package might just work.

I think you could be very right about this, but the problem is, in the 22 months since I've found out about Alizée, I haven't met anyone who's ever heard of her. Most of the people I work with are 30+ and probably don't do as much surfing for music as they used to, but I know plenty of other young people throughout my family who don't have a clue who she is. I have one cousin who has three kids going to college. Each one in a different state and they never heard the name Alizée. I have a niece going to college, same thing. One thing that's kind of ironic is, I was up visiting my uncle ( the grandfater of these three kids) and several members of his family and I was showing him and a few other people several of Alizée's videos. Well the three kids came in to get a bite to eat, just as Amelie the video from the movie started to play. They all recognized the movie which was made in Paris (it has English subtitles) but didn't recognize her voice. Funny part is they all saw the movie on seperate occassions. I would have thought the odds were better for them finding out about Alizee than of seeing a French movie though I guess it did win several awards.

I know one technician I work with that it did have a big impact on. About a month after I found out about her. I gave him a dvd with three of her videos on it. Moi Lolita (Amsterdam), JAM and Isla Bonita. He took it home, watched it, then said he spent most of the weekend just surfing the internet for any of her music or information about her.
After that is when I showed a DVD in at work with about 10 of her songs on it. People had different opinions of her, some very good who wanted copies of it, others I think couldn't quite enjoy it because they don't understand a word of French, but not one person left that room while it was playing.

Edcognito
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Oh Scruffy! :eek:

There is a special place for people like you!

That montage is "MAGNIFIQUE!".

That was really well done sir.

Thankyou.

Ed:cool:

Scruffydog777
01-06-2009, 01:49 PM
A couple of people had asked me to e-mail them the original file for the Six Pack of Alizée video but it was too large to send that way so I uploaded it to Rapidshare. If anyone is interested. Here's the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/180451576/Six_pack_of_Aliz_e.mpg.html

Edcognito
01-06-2009, 05:09 PM
^-^? What Link? :blink:

Ed:cool:

Zack -Alizee Lover-
01-07-2009, 02:08 AM
omg it has Moi lolita-JEAM-L'Alize..
this is the best :3

btw where is the link?

Scruffydog777
01-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Here is the link I neglected to include with my post yesterday for the Six Pack of Alizée video I uploaded to Rapidshare. I added it to that post too.
My apologies!

http://rapidshare.com/files/190441603/Six_pack_of_Aliz_e.mpg

Tchaikovsky
01-08-2009, 10:26 AM
In fact, Every time I talk with the wife about going back, I sound like Jack from Lost:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UWjBDPKGJPk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UWjBDPKGJPk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I lqtm'd...

Aldighieri
01-27-2010, 09:39 AM
the rapidshare file is gone..is it possible to upload again? thank you

paintballpdh19
01-28-2010, 12:03 AM
another great vid... these are creative and well done

Scruffydog777
01-31-2010, 04:40 PM
the rapidshare file is gone..is it possible to upload again? thank you

Here's a megaupload link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RAAXVR84