PDA

View Full Version : Alizée EN CONCERT

Toc De Mac
12-12-2008, 03:58 PM
I have had the European version of En Concert for a while now, and have contented myself with watching it on my computer screen, but now wish to move on to grander things. :p

The problem is, my DVD player is unable to play the disc. The "Code Région" marked on the back of the case states "Pal Toutes zones," which, I presume, mustn't be able to be played on my DVD player.

Have you ever encountered this problem, and, if so, how did you fix it?

Merci bien de vos réponses! :p

Rocket
12-12-2008, 04:18 PM
I have the exact same problem. When my copy of Psychedelices arrived it came with a five minute DVD of Alizee driving a red Mustang. It wouldn't play on our DVD player or my laptop. Finally, when I bought my new laptom I was able to play it. The only thing I can think of would be a cable link between your computer and the TV. I've done that a few times. Sometimes I'll hook it up and watch some othe music vids on youtube. Imagine watching Alizee performing under the Eiffel Tower on a 52 inch screen. :p

Ben
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
The only thing I can think of would be a cable link between your computer and the TV.
Either that, or if you're really serious buying a DVD player that can do the conversion. They're usually around $50. For example: http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-DVP3140-CODEFREE-COUNTRY-INCLUDED/dp/B000Q0NDSA/

I buy a lot of discs from the UK and other countries, so for me having such a player is a must.

Just a Guest
12-12-2008, 04:29 PM
I have had the European version of En Concert for a while now, and have contented myself with watching it on my computer screen, but now wish to move on to grander things. :p

The problem is, my DVD player is unable to play the disc. The "Code Région" marked on the back of the case states "Pal Toutes zones," which, I presume, mustn't be able to be played on my DVD player.

Have you ever encountered this problem, and, if so, how did you fix it?

Merci bien de vos réponses! :p
That is odd because it's a all region DVD (no region flag set)
So it should play on all DVD players, even if they are region 1 (USA/Canada) restricted.
You still have the problem of PAL off course if your TV set can't handle PAL...
Did you try to play the DVD on another region 1 restricted player?

Ben
12-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sure either his DVD player, TV, or both are NTSC only. It's very rare to find ones that can play PAL here.

Just a Guest
12-12-2008, 04:44 PM
I'm sure either his DVD player, TV, or both are NTSC only. It's very rare to find ones that can play PAL here.
Yes, i realized that later. I was thinking of my own situation here.
It works about 99% over here but only 1% there. :p
Is it so that players in the USA/Canada just WON'T output PAL? (regardless of TV capability) :confused:

Toc De Mac
12-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Did you try to play the DVD on another region 1 restricted player?

Yep, I just tried playing it on my downstairs DVD player, but to no avail. :(

Either that, or if you're really serious buying a DVD player that can do the conversion. They're usually around $50. For example: http://www.amazon.com/PHILIPS-DVP3140-CODEFREE-COUNTRY-INCLUDED/dp/B000Q0NDSA/

I buy a lot of discs from the UK and other countries, so for me having such a player is a must.

Thanks Snatcher, I'll have to keep that solution in mind (who knows, if Alizée releases another en concert film, I might just have to splurge on a new DVD player). :o

Imagine watching Alizee performing under the Eiffel Tower on a 52 inch screen. :p

:eek: :wub:

Just a Guest
12-12-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Snatcher, I'll have to keep that solution in mind (who knows, if Alizée releases another en concert film, I might just have to splurge on a new DVD player). :o
Keep in mind that standards conversion (especially these "Toys R Us" types in those DVD players)
will degrade the quality enormous, because of time stretching and resolution scaling. ;)
The result would be disappointing.

lefty12357
12-12-2008, 05:48 PM
I bought a DVD player that is region free and will play PAL and NTSC DVDs. I have Alizée, Les Enfoirés, and Mylene Farmer DVDs, so I decided it was worth it so I could watch these DVDs on my 46 inch TV.

whitey®
12-12-2008, 05:51 PM
Wait if I buy Alizee CD's and DVD's from a site like Amazon.fr the may not work in my in my computer?

Toc De Mac
12-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone! :)

heyamigo
12-12-2008, 06:53 PM
lucky for me, my toshiba dvd player had no problem with PAL discs. all i know is to stay away from Sony models when it comes to these things.

Bogart
12-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Why not just rip it and burn it to a new dvd? I purchased En Concert from Amazon.fr(eternally grateful for the directions on this site) and that method worked fine for me.

marik
12-12-2008, 08:28 PM
lucky for me, my toshiba dvd player had no problem with PAL discs. all i know is to stay away from Sony models when it comes to these things.

eh what ? i use to play my en concert DVD from my Sony DVD playereven my Psychedelises LE edition and it plays normally like on my desktop/laptop i dont know, maybe because my DVD player and my TV supports PAL ? (i have a sony tv btw)

ALS
12-12-2008, 09:05 PM

I got a cheap Toshiba from Best Buy that does play PAL DVD's
It was less than $60.

Just do a Google seach for DVD players that play PAL.
There a few web sites that will break out which models available in the U.S. will play that format.

Roman
12-12-2008, 10:39 PM
I got a cheap Toshiba from Best Buy that does play PAL DVD's
It was less than $60.

Just do a Google seach for DVD players that play PAL.
There a few web sites that will break out which models available in the U.S. will play that format.
What about zone? I have a player that will play anything, but it's breaking down. I will need to be able to play "Autour de la guitar" if I get a new player. I think it is zone bound as well as PAL. Does that make a difference? (sorry just realized I needed to read the entire thread)

Tchaikovsky
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
My DVD player and my 360 can both play the En Concert DVD. :)

ALS
12-13-2008, 03:00 PM
My DVD player is region free. It will play any PAL or any zone DVD.
Just look up on the net DVD players and their spec's.
Many are available that will fit your needs between $50 and $2,000.

Just Google NTSC PAL Region Free DVD Player

You will get lots of hits.

i_luv_alizee
01-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I just got En Concert today - and it plays! :D I have two DVD players and have maybe twenty PAL DVD's. Out of those I would say that seventeen play flawlessly while two others have minor "issues". But one just won't play at all... And unfortunately the last one I got (before Alizée) was the one that refused to play at all. That was about a year ago and I've been really hesitant to get anymore PAL stuff. But around Christmas when I saw that Amazon (US) had En Concert, I just had to get it. So I'm just thrilled that it plays correctly.:wub:

lowbeam
01-02-2009, 08:57 PM
I'm glad you had no problems playing En Concert, as mentioned already it seems like the cheap players do the best. I've got an old Phillips DVD player that plays almost anything but my Blu-Ray player is very picky.

Have you seen En Concert before? You've brought back memories of my first time. I liked Alizée and her music before I watched it but I can actually pin point the exact moment of En Concert when she broke me :wub: During a close up of her face during J'en ai marre! (yes, her face :p ) I was crushed by her beauty and I have yet to recover.

i_luv_alizee
01-02-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm glad you had no problems playing En Concert, as mentioned already it seems like the cheap players do the best. I've got an old Phillips DVD player that plays almost anything but my Blu-Ray player is very picky.

Have you seen En Concert before? You've brought back memories of my first time. I liked Alizée and her music before I watched it but I can actually pin point the exact moment of En Concert when she broke me :wub: During a close up of her face during J'en ai marre! (yes, her face :p ) I was crushed by her beauty and I have yet to recover.
So far I've only watched some of it. Mainly I just wanted to make sure it played. So I don't really have an opinion yet. And no, I hadn't seen any of it yet. But I've seen plenty of performances courtesy of the Internet. So I kind of knew what to expect. Having said that though, the first one I watched was JEAM. I've always liked that performance. And I love how the DVD has more close-ups (yes, of her face;)) and you can tell that she's really enjoying herself.:D

OGRE
01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
but I can actually pin point the exact moment of En Concert when she broke me :wub: During a close up of her face during J'en ai marre! (yes, her face :p )

There are some really great closeups on "Hey! Amigo!" too.

Roman
01-03-2009, 07:22 AM
I just got En Concert today - and it plays! :D I have two DVD players and have maybe twenty PAL DVD's. Out of those I would say that seventeen play flawlessly while two others have minor "issues". But one just won't play at all... And unfortunately the last one I got (before Alizée) was the one that refused to play at all. That was about a year ago and I've been really hesitant to get anymore PAL stuff. But around Christmas when I saw that Amazon (US) had En Concert, I just had to get it. So I'm just thrilled that it plays correctly.:wub:
congratulations and welcome to the club. I need Alizée friends to come over and watch it with me. :( I'll make popcorn.

lowbeam
01-03-2009, 08:33 AM
There are some really great closeups on "Hey! Amigo!" too.

Yes there are, and I must admit it may have been cumulative. Maybe her smile in J'en ai marre! just happened to be all my heart could take.

congratulations and welcome to the club. I need Alizée friends to come over and watch it with me. :( I'll make popcorn.

I would love to watch En Concert with others who enjoy it as much as I do, it's an experience I've never had. If we get together again I'd like to see about renting a place with a screen and enough room for us all, even if we're there for a live concert seeing En Concert together would be nice. RMJ was kind enough to share his place with us but he's not really set up for a crowd.

Roman
01-03-2009, 09:19 AM
Yes there are, and I must admit it may have been cumulative. Maybe her smile in J'en ai marre! just happened to be all my heart could take.

I would love to watch En Concert with others who enjoy it as much as I do, it's an experience I've never had. If we get together again I'd like to see about renting a place with a screen and enough room for us all, even if we're there for a live concert seeing En Concert together would be nice. RMJ was kind enough to share his place with us but he's not really set up for a crowd.
Dude. You know you should have been there at the virtual concert in Washington. It will never be quite the same as that one, the day before Alizée's leak announced her return (everyone was so exstatic before figuring out that it was a leak and that was a bad thing. But you'll never again see such a huge crowd of people in such a joyous uproar, or at least I won't in a way that I can relate to. See, people may not get being an Alizée fan, but they may never have that experience in their life. I was yelling when I walked through the door going in to work the day after that. (everyone knew I was Alizée crazy by then.) That was a time when these forums really lit up.)

The Cap
01-03-2009, 09:39 AM
Keep in mind that standards conversion (especially these "Toys R Us" types in those DVD players)
will degrade the quality enormous, because of time stretching and resolution scaling. ;)
The result would be disappointing.

Not always true, actually. Any name-brand DVD player capable of (1) playing PAL video, and (2) sending that video signal through it's NTSC outputs after conversion should produce acceptable (at worst) image and sound quality. However, there are caveats to observe : (1) "Name-brand" DVD hardware is important - cheap players from lower-quality manufacturers can produce inferior video output after conversion, and (2) even quality players can handle aspect ratios and cropping incorrectly, such that you may not be seeing the entire video frame on your NTSC display.

I'm using good quality NTSC equipment from Sony and Panasonic, but both brands are painfully strict about NOT being at all compatible with PAL in any shape or form. So, after my French "En Concert" DVD arrived from amazon.fr back in 2006, I spent a some time learning how to re-master the disc to NTSC standards. I even re-authored the menus into English, except for the song selection menus, which I left in French but added better menu highlighting. The overall result has some nearly unnoticeable color noise (due to some small compression required during format conversion), but I'm quite satisfied with how it all turned out.

It was a lot of learning and hard work, but I can enjoy "En Concert" and the extras on NTSC equipment with little quality loss.

Dark Engine
01-03-2009, 10:14 AM
If it works on pc, couldn't you just rip it, convert to a movie file, then reburn it to another dvd?

Ruroshen
01-03-2009, 12:25 PM

I would love to watch En Concert with others who enjoy it as much as I do, it's an experience I've never had.
Y'know, while it wouldn't be quite the same, we could co-ordinate a day for a bunch of us to get together on the Vent server, then cue it up and watch it "together" from the comfort of our own homes...sharing observations and pointing out some of the little things like editing gaffes.

It might even be interesting to record it for others to listen to later...sort of an "AAm commentary track" for the DVD.

Could be fun?

lowbeam
01-03-2009, 02:01 PM
Y'know, while it wouldn't be quite the same, we could co-ordinate a day for a bunch of us to get together on the Vent server, then cue it up and watch it "together" from the comfort of our own homes...sharing observations and pointing out some of the little things like editing gaffes.

It might even be interesting to record it for others to listen to later...sort of an "AAm commentary track" for the DVD.

Could be fun?

I think that's a great idea even if I don't understand how it works :o Could you explain, PM, email or link. We're already over the curb on this thread and heading for an open field :)

Amigo!
01-03-2009, 02:13 PM
we could co-ordinate a day for a bunch of us to get together on the Vent server, then cue it up and watch it "together" from the comfort of our own homes...sharing observations and pointing out some of the little things like editing gaffes.

What about the popcorn? :mad:

Ruroshen
01-03-2009, 03:35 PM
I think that's a great idea even if I don't understand how it works :o Could you explain, PM, email or link. We're already over the curb on this thread and heading for an open field :)

It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client (http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php). Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

(Click here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=116270&postcount=49) to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots!)

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are:

port: 3839

server name: missouri.ventriloservers.biz (or IP: 206.196.113.50)

What about the popcorn? :mad:

Orville Reddenbacher made it for you. It's at the store. :p

Seriously, do we want to do this? Because we could set it up for, say, next weekend...

lowbeam
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Seriously, do we want to do this? Because we could set it up for, say, next weekend...

Ok, I believe I'm set up (with your, Tomtentp, and Jung's help). Nobody was on line but it worked (I think :o ) I'm in for next weekend if we agree. So we'd connect and start our En Concert's at the same time - sounds like a great possibility for confusion and disorder, good times :D

Ruroshen
01-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Ok, I believe I'm set up (with your, Tomtentp, and Jung's help). Nobody was on line but it worked (I think :o ) I'm in for next weekend if we agree. So we'd connect and start our En Concert's at the same time - sounds like a great possibility for confusion and disorder, good times :D

Yes, that would indeed be the plan--all start En Concert at the same time, watch it in more-or-less unison, and talk about it throughout. Possibly a recipe for confusion and disorder, true, but fortunately, I thrive on confusion and disorder! :p

Anybody else interested? We could push the date out a week or two if folks need more time to co-ordinate.

Roman
01-05-2009, 06:06 AM
hehe, sure, what the heck, but I hope I can find a long ethernet cable so I can watch it from my couch. I will be cranking up the volume in that case in which case it could be a little weird if we get sound going through the mic. Hmm, even if we all tried to hit play at the same time, network lag and such... Well, probably won't be a big deal. Hey, then at least I can say I know how to set up teleconferencing. I better get to figuring out how that stuff works. We should put it on the event calendar here too. I'm sure there's plenty of room! :rolleyes:
And sorry, you have to come to my house to get popcorn. I'm not sending it through the mail. How long does Alizé last anyway? I could open that too. Though, let's see, it's probably like a year old now.

zee
01-05-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi everyone,
Any of you bought en concert DVD from Circuit City??

Is it PAL or NTSC? (PAL in Amazon so I guess this PAL too.)
Is it same as previous version or better audio/video quality?
Thanks.
Amazon is out of stock and higher price than Circuit City. Shipping in CC start at $1.99 for that DVD.

http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?v_id=V+++466306&prodid=POLF9825760DVD&type=features#sublinks

i_luv_alizee
01-05-2009, 05:33 PM
I think I'm the reason Amazon is out of stock. I got mine from there and the next day it was no longer listed. My apologies.:o

Vista
01-05-2009, 07:16 PM
UPC Search
http://www.upc-search.org/
http://www.upc-search.org/perl/upc-search.pl?upc=602498257609
Alizee En Concert (2004)
UPC 602498257609

Alizee En Concert
Release Date: 8/26/2008
Genre: Concerts
Run Time: 90 Minutes
Studio: Polydor Import
UPC: 602498257609

CD Covers
http://www.cdcovers.cc/
http://www.cdcovers.cc/view/9135/front/alizee-en-concert
Alizee En Concert (2004)
UPC 602498257609
Code Region: PAL Toutes zones

Alizee En Concert Sources: (UPCs may be different from 602498257609)
Circuit City
http://entertainment.circuitcity.com/Movies/Movie.aspx?prodid=POLF9825760DVD&store=Movies&si=ccity-prod&channel=b2c&partner=cc&catOid=-13219

Amazon (English)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006BLIYA/ref=nosim/gnugk1-20/

Amazon (French) (0.73 Euro = 1 US Dollar)
http://www.amazon.fr/Aliz%C3%A9e-en-concert/dp/B0002VYECW/ref=pd_sim_m_1

Full Confession
http://www.fullconfession.com/2-604224-B0006BLIYA-En_Concert

Alapage (French)
http://www.alapage.com/-/Fiche/Musiques/596021/CD/live-2004-fourreau-alizee-chanson-francaise.htm?fulltext=ALIZEE%20&id=19471203191648&donnee_appel=FZZWF

VirginMega ( French)
http://www.virginmega.fr/musique/album/alizee-live-2004-100303655,page1.htm

Mixup (Mexico) (13.43 pesos = 1 US dollar)
http://www.mixup.com.mx/mixup/product.asp?sku=7509967901267&subdept_id=2401&dept_id=1

Mixup (Mexico) (13.43 pesos = 1 US dollar) - En Concert DVD - UPC 602498257609
http://www.mixup.com.mx/mixup/product.asp?sku=602498257609&dept_id=2&subdept_id=33202

Proxis.be
http://oas2000.proxis.be/gate/jabba.coreii.g_p?bi=4&sp=DETAILS&mi=4978825&si=113682786

En Concert 2004 CD/DVD Cover (1502x1000 pixels)

Chommpers
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM
hehe, sure, what the heck, but I hope I can find a long ethernet cable so I can watch it from my couch. I will be cranking up the volume in that case in which case it could be a little weird if we get sound going through the mic. Hmm, even if we all tried to hit play at the same time, network lag and such... Well, probably won't be a big deal. Hey, then at least I can say I know how to set up teleconferencing. I better get to figuring out how that stuff works. We should put it on the event calendar here too. I'm sure there's plenty of room! :rolleyes:
And sorry, you have to come to my house to get popcorn. I'm not sending it through the mail. How long does Alizé last anyway? I could open that too. Though, let's see, it's probably like a year old now.

Hey sounds like fun, I'm in, we should set a date and time, which may be hard considering time zones. Also do you think it would be hard to hear each other over the music, especially when people don't want to turn it down? :p

edgar93
01-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Vista you are the links master. Thanks for the research you do and sharing the links! they are always useful ;)

Just a Guest
01-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Please don't buy the Mexican DVD (in combination with the CD)
Better to buy the PAL version and rip the DVD, then at least you have all audio tracks as well.

The quality is horrible.
It has terrible PAL to NTSC conversion, it ain't anamorphic and is DVD 4.5 instead of 9 like the original.
(more compressed... and it shows.)
Unless you have no way to play PAL off course, but at least you can watch it properly on your puter...

Vista you are the links master. Thanks for the research you do and sharing the links! they are always useful ;)
Actually, a couple of links direct to the CD and not the DVD...:p

edgar93
01-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Please don't buy the Mexican DVD (in combination with the CD)
Better to buy the PAL version and rip the DVD, then at least you have all audio tracks as well.

The quality is horrible.
It has terrible PAL to NTSC conversion, it ain't anamorphic and is DVD 4.5 instead of 9 like the original.
(more compressed... and it shows.)
ucks

lol I was just talking with Jung about this :p. Indeed, the Mexican version of En Concert sucks :S

Ruroshen
01-05-2009, 10:59 PM

Hey sounds like fun, I'm in, we should set a date and time, which may be hard considering time zones. Also do you think it would be hard to hear each other over the music, especially when people don't want to turn it down? :p

OK, so that's four of us so far. Let's set this up for reals, then...I'm thinking this Saturday, January 10 at 4pm EST/1pm PST, with the concert set to start at about 4:30/1:30 (to give everybody time to sign in, introduce themselves and get set up...some of us may have had a little bit of Alizé, by this point, so simultaneous button-pressing may be tough to co-ordinate :p). Assuming everything goes according to plan (touch wood!), we're out by about 6:30/3:30, in time for everybody to go do whatever it is they do on a Saturday night...

If anyone would like to campaign for a different day or an earlier/later start time, please feel free to speak up. I'm not married to this by any means. Whatever works.

While there's bound to be at least a little bit of lag here and there, I don't think it'll matter as much as if we were, say, trying to co-ordinate watching a movie together in real-time. Somebody going out of sync for a few minutes isn't going to destroy the experience (I hope!). And we had a good experience with Vent for the MTVLA Voteathon, which I'm hoping will hold true for this as well.

Feel free to jump in if you haven't already, folks! The more, the merrier! :D

Edited to add: By the by, how does everybody feel about recording this for posterity (and possible release as an AAm commentary track, assuming it doesn't completely tank)?

RadioactiveMan
01-05-2009, 11:15 PM
A later time would be better- how aboot 7 PST?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
01-05-2009, 11:20 PM

Could be fun?

yeah I'm in I will make a room for it when the time comes nearer

if anyone has any problems connecting to the server just let me know I am glad to help

Ruroshen
01-05-2009, 11:58 PM
A later time would be better- how aboot 7 PST?

OK, that's one vote for a later time. Anybody else?

yeah I'm in I will make a room for it when the time comes nearer

if anyone has any problems connecting to the server just let me know I am glad to help
Awesome, jung. Thanks, man.

EDIT: Created a new thread for discussion of the chat party over here! (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4471) :D

Tomtentp
01-06-2009, 01:28 AM
Seriously, I almost missed this event. We need create an announcement thread and maybe consider pushing the event a week. Not fair hiding it from everyone like this:p

Maybe we should consider vouching for a event part of the forum where we could do stuff like this.

Great idea by the way, En Concert is epic to say the least and I'm sure there are many who have thoughts and ideas that have spawned around it. If not then we can always have a blast watching a really great DVD togheter, we don't have to go all philosophical and deep about it, just enjoying a masterpiece togheter with like-minded people is a boost itself :p

About losing track in the DVD, having to turn down the volume of the DVD and stuff like that... You have all seen it before and know it by heart, atleast I do:p. It doesn't kill you if you miss a second or two :D

Any trouble with the ventrilo contact me or Jung. I've used it for many years and Jung owns the damn thing :p
A tip is to try it out as early as possible, computers have a funny way to screw you when you got the least of time:cool:

Edit: Just realized that was a total overdose of smiles, guess I'm feeling a bit smiliey since it's my birthday and all :):):):)

Rev
01-07-2009, 02:20 AM
Edit: Just realized that was a total overdose of smiles, guess I'm feeling a bit smiliey since it's my birthday and all :):):):)

Happy Birthday! :):):)

Tomtentp
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Happy Birthday! :):):)

Merci =>

Chommpers
01-07-2009, 05:51 PM
The time sounds alright to me, I should be able to get through most of the DVD if we start at 4. I might have to leave around 5:30 to go get something to eat, usually go out with the family on Saturday's.

Roman
01-08-2009, 12:59 AM
The time sounds alright to me, I should be able to get through most of the DVD if we start at 4. I might have to leave around 5:30 to go get something to eat, usually go out with the family on Saturday's.
Hey, there's another thread for it now. haha, but that's ok. Be there or be square. (guess that term has gone the way of the dodo, though, like the phrase gone the way of the dodo)

woohoo
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
I just finished downloading En concert last night and i cant do any thing i am in shock.:eek:

edgar93
01-16-2009, 09:38 PM
I just finished downloading En concert last night and i cant do any thing i am in shock.:eek:

Never saw it before :eek:?

Roman
01-18-2009, 02:43 AM
What, it's too awesome and you just can't stand it or something?

BrianB
04-18-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right thread so mods, please move this post to more appropriate one if necessary. Anyway, I read in the other thread on this subject (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=717&highlight=concert+amazon) about all the difficulties some forum members were having in trying to get a copy of En Concert. So, I registered with this forum to let everyone know that I ordered my copy from Barnes & Noble (http://video.barnesandnoble.com/DVD/Alizee-Live-2004/e/602498257609/?itm=1) last Saturday and got it on Wednesday. (To say I'm totally jazzed right now is an understatement! :D :wub:) I also wanted to thank the folks here for all the helpful information about the DVD (e.g., that it's in PAL and not NTSC).

The other thing I wanted to mention is I noticed in the other thread that several forum members wanted En Concert but couldn't get it because they didn't have a credit card. If this has been suggested before, I apologize, but how about buying yourself a gift card and using that? Personally, I fund my iTunes account and my cell phone that way because I can get those cards anywhere and I try to avoid using my credit cards whenever possible.

Now, off to the "how you discovered Alizée" and the introduction threads. ;)

Brian

ALS
04-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I downloaded a copy off my computer to a large USB flash drive for my older brother.

Yes I keep a copy on my computer so I can watch it when I need cheered up.

You should have heard his mouth when he started watching it. BTW he is 61 years old. OMG, She is SO sexy in a good way. Not that slutty sexy like Britney.

He's hooked. :D