PDA

View Full Version : To Alizée - If I Could... (video)

lefty12357
01-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Just what we need – one more fan made video ! :)

Things have been slow and somewhat of a downer in Lillyville in the last few months, so I thought I’d write/record another song and make another video.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TA0lC-IROZM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TA0lC-IROZM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think I accidently clicked on the wrong render template when I made this because this video looks like crap, but if you play it at YouTube in HQ it’s OK.

mavsluver41
01-10-2009, 01:49 PM
"The way that you move is magical to me. And the sound of your voice just takes my breath away.

That's my favorite part in the song. Wow, Lefty, your voice is incredible, the lyrics flow well, and the music of course is wonderful. What more can be said? Spectacular job and, as the comment on your video says, Alizée is indeed lucky to have a fan as great and talented as you :).

Idéaliser
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
This is a very good song! I never expected your voice to sound like that lefty :P I also agree with mavsluver, that line itself is magical :wub:

By the way, at about 1:02 where it's raining in the forest, what clip/video is that from? I've never seen that before.

Paenguin
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
Zomg Pete Townshend is that you? :p

exile
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM

lefty12357
01-10-2009, 11:01 PM
By the way, at about 1:02 where it's raining in the forest, what clip/video is that from? I've never seen that before.

It’s from the “Parler Tout Bas” video, my favorite from the Gourmandises era. Believe it or not, an excerpt from this video was played once on American TV shortly after it came out and that was the first time I saw and heard Alizée. Unfortunately, I forgot her name by the time I got around to search for her the next day, so I wasn't able to find her again until 2006.

Check it out here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLepyBDiyw

And thanks for all your comments, guys. I know I sound like a broken record because I've said it many times before, but Alizée is a great inspiration.

Ben
01-10-2009, 11:16 PM
You're truly amazing, Lefty. I just hope that everyone who watches these on YouTube realizes the music is yours too. Stunning!

edgar93
01-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Whoa Lefty, nice job! As Idealiser said, I never expected your voice to sound like that :D. That pink shirt Jessica is wearing around 2:45, I have seen it before...

And could you post the lyrics please :o?

pepelepew
01-11-2009, 02:27 AM
Another beautiful video and song Lefty. You do sound a little bit like Pete Townsend. Your sound and style are a little like Seals and Crofts also. I hope you are not insulted by these comparisons. Over all you have a unique sound though. I'm surprised you aren't on a label. I know the best talent never gets signed. The music industry is very political as I'm sure you know.

lowbeam
01-11-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm surprised you aren't on a label. I know the best talent never gets signed.

That's the way I've felt about Lefty's music from the first time I heard him. He is a great talent but the rest of the world doesn't know. At least we're lucky in that he shares with us.

Thank you Lefty.

Tomtentp
01-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Aye, I hope people understands that's you because I wouldn't had guessed it, this is proffessional! Get a label and become a star so you can meet her in person and peform that duet everyone is dreaming of doing :p

Also, if it's possible, could you post a HQ version of it? YouTube doesn't give it much justice.

How long did it take to make this thing, in total I mean. How much time did you spend on this song and video?

lefty12357
01-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Aye, I hope people understands that's you because I wouldn't had guessed it, this is proffessional! Get a label and become a star so you can meet her in person and peform that duet everyone is dreaming of doing :p

Also, if it's possible, could you post a HQ version of it? YouTube doesn't give it much justice.

How long did it take to make this thing, in total I mean. How much time did you spend on this song and video?

Well I’m not a video guy and I don’t claim to know much about it. I really only spent an evening on it, not counting rendering it and uploading it. As far as the song goes, I guess it took me about 2 or 3 hours to write, but I wasn’t keeping track of time. I spent about 3 evenings recording it and 1 evening mixing it down. This song could have probably used another evening of tinkering to get a better result, but I wasn't getting paid...:) Seriously though, a song can take me an hour or many, many hours to write. It just depends. I typically write at least one a week, but I don't have time to record them all so most of them are eventually forgotten.

I used to play in a band, but I never enjoyed playing live that much. I guess I’m more of an introvert. As far as going for a record deal, we did try that for a while, but it’s a tough world out there. I got to meet some interesting people and made a few friends along the way, though.

I much prefer writing, recording and studio work. I do my own stuff, and I do some music for a friend who does nature videos and outdoor stuff. I also play on some of my friend’s recording projects. I’m currently working on an album for a friend. We’re recording the whole thing in my home studio. I really love music, but I no longer want the life that goes along with being a performer.

Anyways, here are some links:

Video, (WMV 99MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nzwtmyyrn2m

Video, (MPG 65MB)
http://www.mediafire.com/?dgjmnqqi1jw

Song, (MP3)
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjyvnnwgznk

Thanks again for your comments, everyone.

Edcognito
01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Bravo sir.

Bravo.

Ed:cool:

Ruroshen
01-12-2009, 01:49 AM
Bravo sir.

Bravo.

Hear, hear! This is excellent, sir. Very well-done. Between your awesome 50/60 trilogy, Alizée and now this, I'm becoming quite the fanboy.

Shoot me a PM if you ever have need for a roadie! :p

rcs
01-12-2009, 04:26 AM
Sounds professional Lefty, good job.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks for the download link bud

Timusa
01-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks for this fan video--it's great! :)

Edcognito
01-12-2009, 08:59 PM
Ok, quick note:

If your tired, and have had -0- sleep in 36 hours, DO NOT WATCH THIS VIDEO!

Ed:cool:

Tomtentp
01-13-2009, 05:43 PM
As far as going for a record deal, we did try that for a while, but it’s a tough world out there..

That is a sad truth, it's not really about the music anymore... Or has it ever been? There are so many people with musical minds out there and so many talents. But all that the people see is what gets rubbed in their faces.
Promotion is king, without it you can might aswell give up.

And while thinking of this you suddenly get's a glimpse of Souljah Boys newest super hit and you just want to kill something small and fuzzy...