PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps she is bringing French to America

Bogart
01-17-2009, 08:14 PM
I picked up a French translation app at the iTunes store. I received the email receipt and there's the usual "Those who purchased your selection also bought" column on the right. The first thing at the top of the list was Gourmandises. :)

TheBarrett
01-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Ah well, good to hear that, I guess...

Paenguin
01-17-2009, 08:18 PM
She can try.
They can all try.
:p

OGRE
01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
I picked up a French translation app at the iTunes store. I received the email receipt and there's the usual "Those who purchased your selection also bought" column on the right. The first thing at the top of the list was Gourmandises. :)

Did you look at (or buy) Gourmandises or any songs from it anytime in the past on iTunes or an affiliate? Online marketing processes this days will grab something you've already browsed and will place that in the "bought by others" section. One of the strongest incentives delivered for the buy psyche is to take something you have looked at in the past (but not yet bought) and push you over the top through buy association. This process can have little to do with what others have actually bought, and is used mainly as a means of bringing your past browsing to your attention in the hopes of making the sale.

AlizéeDuSiècle
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I wish Psychedelices was in iTunes now!

wasabi622
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
so... have we decided on how we're gonna be promoting her?
seems like that threads died down a bit due to the tweeter wall craze! lets get back on track people! i want my Alizee t-shirt and hat to walk around campus in!!

Srbski-kralj
08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
Well I belive that stuff is still on the drawing boards. But some of us are trying contacting radio stations, and many other stuff like that. Similar idea that fans in Mexico are doing.

CFHollister
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Well I belive that stuff is still on the drawing boards. But some of us are trying contacting radio stations, and many other stuff like that. Similar idea that fans in Mexico are doing.

Perhaps it's already been mentioned in my year of absence, but those of you in college might have some success trying to get your university's radio station to play Alizée and get her some exposure. I think college radio may be an effective avenue where individuals might be able to have an impact.

Srbski-kralj
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Well yeah it might have worked for me if this was mentioned couple months ago lol, I graduated for college so that option is gone for me :). Im still contacting my local stations, i goten some good reports and some dont care lol.

wasabi622
08-02-2009, 11:41 PM
college radio.. see, im sure that a university as big as UIUC has one, but honestly, i've never heard the damn thing!

not sure how effective that'll be..

Srbski-kralj
08-03-2009, 12:26 AM
college radio.. see, im sure that a university as big as UIUC has one, but honestly, i've never heard the damn thing!

not sure how effective that'll be..
well might not be for the main public, but at least it will open the eyes to the college kids that are listening to it before their classes, i know I did listen to it and heard some strange country music and other stuff I never heard of on the radio. That is how I started to like country music and heavy metal.

user472884
08-03-2009, 01:40 AM
would that necessarily mean America? I'm pretty sure iPod apps are available nearly worldwide...... more likely her influence is spreading to ALL english speaking countries.

I'm not an expert in the old British empire, but since they conquered like half the world, would be a very nice thing!

Srbski-kralj
08-03-2009, 09:44 PM
would that necessarily mean America? I'm pretty sure iPod apps are available nearly worldwide...... more likely her influence is spreading to ALL english speaking countries.

I'm not an expert in the old British empire, but since they conquered like half the world, would be a very nice thing!

But yes you have to start somewhere to build her likness here. You cant just go uo to a famous radio station that plays from coast to coast and expect her song to be played. I must have submited hundreds of request to some radio stations that are local were i live, and eventually they played La isla Bonita, and Moi Lolita. But frankly i think they did it because they were tired of me spamming their lines and E-mails. Other people can tell you that have tried and failed its not that simple. So starting with like collages and stuff like that is an excelent idea who ever thought of it, hats of to u man. That is an excelent foothold to spread Alizee here in the States.

Bogart
08-04-2009, 05:17 PM

My guess is that it is for the U.S. only since the iTunes store is localized by country\region. Not all music, videos, and apps are available everywhere.

wasabi622
08-05-2009, 11:42 AM
why can't she make an appearance on the Colbert Report or anything? there was some swedish pop/folk/jazz band thingy on it a few days ago.. so why not Alizee??

Three
08-06-2009, 12:29 AM
why can't she make an appearance on the Colbert Report or anything? there was some swedish pop/folk/jazz band thingy on it a few days ago.. so why not Alizee??

maybe because she feels that there aren't that many fans here in the US.

wasabi622
08-06-2009, 12:44 PM
maybe because she feels that there aren't that many fans here in the US.

hahaha, im quite sure that the swedish band has even less fans than Alizee.. I hate to say this and make us sound shallow.. but us Americans enjoy looking at beautiful women, even if we have no idea who they are or what they're saying! :p

Srbski-kralj
08-06-2009, 09:33 PM
hahaha, im quite sure that the swedish band has even less fans than Alizee.. I hate to say this and make us sound shallow.. but us Americans enjoy looking at beautiful women, even if we have no idea who they are or what they're saying! :p haahahah thats is true, lol when i showed her some clips at work the guys were i cant understand her but dam is she geourgous as hell lol.

Dark Engine
08-06-2009, 10:02 PM
haahahah thats is true, lol when i showed her some clips at work the guys were i cant understand her but dam is she geourgous as hell lol.

Tried that with one of my country bumpkin, military friends. All he said was that He hated those "ignorant, communist, french fucks", oh the irony.

If you call the Europeans "ignorant, communist, french fucks"....you might be a redneck.

Srbski-kralj
08-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Tried that with one of my country bumpkin, military friends. All he said was that He hated those "ignorant, communist, french fucks", oh the irony.

If you call the Europeans "ignorant, communist, french fucks"....you might be a redneck.

ahahaha funny lol. how u been bud u finaly speak lol. Hows life at the base?

TheBarrett
08-07-2009, 01:39 AM
You know, a group i'm particularly addicted to is So Nyeo Shi Dae.
They sing mostly in Korean with some English phrases here and there, and haven't really done much to promote themselves in the US.
However, their fanbase is booming and wholly large due to fans from the United States and Canada, and other countries being a huge factor in it.
(Take for example, the Soshified forum, in which over 500 members are active at all times, and that's just ONE of the many SNSD forums)

So looking at how they achieved this is fairly simple
1.) The members of the group are all individually beautiful and have interesting niches to bring to the group.
2.) Their success with the internet community has done very well to boost their popularity, both of their songs "Gee" and "Sowoneul Malhaebwa" have been YouTube hits with iconic music videos and a style to match each particular tune.
3.) Constant activity related to the group and outside the group. Constantly appearing live, each member doing their own thing in the entertainment world when not doing anything with the group.

So really you have to put these into the equation.
Alizée needs an eye-catching and easy to recognize style and image to her music, she needs to take advantage of the internet, and she definitely needs to try to be a lot more active even though it doesn't seem like she can be any more active than she is!
The language barrier apparently doesn't matter if you make use of what you have and attract some fans! There are plenty of hardcore Americans who hate the Korean language as much as they may hate French, but that doesn't stop attracting the attention of the people who may just give those different languages a try. :)

wasabi622
08-07-2009, 11:49 AM
what i want to know is how many of those fans are Korean. :D

and its sorta easier i think, cuz they're a group? so there's many different personalities and looks to like, whereas Alizee, well.. the Goddess stands alone.

outta curiosity, ya know what Sowoneul Malhaebwa means? :p

TheBarrett
08-07-2009, 10:53 PM
what i want to know is how many of those fans are Korean. :D

and its sorta easier i think, cuz they're a group? so there's many different personalities and looks to like, whereas Alizee, well.. the Goddess stands alone.

outta curiosity, ya know what Sowoneul Malhaebwa means? :p

1.) Part of them, but if you see the Soshified forums you'd find the majority lot of them from USA, Canada, Indonesia, and other Pacific Island countries. :p

2.) That doesn't give her an excuse to not keep her game up. :)

3.) Yes.

AlizéeDuSiècle
08-08-2009, 04:04 AM
To be honest all I am sucked in to a world where all i think about is alizee i cant stand it anymore i want her to be in america ill do whatever it takes (speaking from a 12 yr old fanboii)

Dark Engine
08-09-2009, 10:50 PM
ahahaha funny lol. how u been bud u finaly speak lol. Hows life at the base?

Been busy as hell. I was in St Louis when I posted that message, now I'm in DE, and tomorrow I'll be in Jersey. USAF loves to make me earn ma pay. I can't complain tho, had an awesome time in St Louis. The hangovers sucked. :(
What about you?

wasabi622
08-10-2009, 10:16 AM
To be honest all I am sucked in to a world where all i think about is alizee i cant stand it anymore i want her to be in america ill do whatever it takes (speaking from a 12 yr old fanboii)

don't worry son. i haven't listened to any music other than Alizee for the past 4-5 months now. i always carry my stack of Alizee CDs to the car whenever im driving. i've been buying Alizee posters to plaster onto my dorm(I plan on moving in couple days earlier to that my roommates won't be there to hinder my Alizeeification of our room). when talking with anyone i'll bring her up somehow (ex: watching James bond with my friends, HEY! ya'll know that Alizee might be a bond girl someday???)

Fyrel
08-11-2009, 06:09 AM
don't worry son. i haven't listened to any music other than Alizee for the past 4-5 months now. i always carry my stack of Alizee CDs to the car whenever im driving. i've been buying Alizee posters to plaster onto my dorm(I plan on moving in couple days earlier to that my roommates won't be there to hinder my Alizeeification of our room). when talking with anyone i'll bring her up somehow (ex: watching James bond with my friends, HEY! ya'll know that Alizee might be a bond girl someday???)

She'd better be a Bond girl someday.....except Bond isn't allowed to touch her, much less make love to her. Nothing more than what he does to the last Bond girl, which is appropriate. As another request, I would like to see her using a sniper rifle in the MJ hairstyle.

....yeah, I've thought about this before. :cool:

wasabi622
08-11-2009, 10:37 AM
She'd better be a Bond girl someday.....except Bond isn't allowed to touch her, much less make love to her. Nothing more than what he does to the last Bond girl, which is appropriate. As another request, I would like to see her using a sniper rifle in the MJ hairstyle.

....yeah, I've thought about this before. :cool:

that would be hot. i mean.. that would be hawt. there's just something sexy about beautiful women and guns.

though, i don't know how id handle the traditional james bond doing the bond girl scene.

M'alizee
08-11-2009, 11:38 AM

yeah mate, everybody wants to see her, it would be the best feeling on world. you dont need to say your age ;) everybody has love feelings :). i live near to her than you, but i also want to see her more then ever. good luck mate, with america, i hope she is visiting your country again.

wasabi622
08-11-2009, 06:24 PM
yeah mate, everybody wants to see her, it would be the best feeling on world. you dont need to say your age ;) everybody has love feelings :). i live near to her than you, but i also want to see her more then ever. good luck mate, with america, i hope she is visiting your country again.

life would be quite boring if we did. and i dont' mean it in the creepy way either!