PDA

View Full Version : JPVA - mélodie du vent

Scruffydog777
02-11-2009, 05:51 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWpcLd8t2Gg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gWpcLd8t2Gg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've listened to JPVA at least a couple of hundred times. I was working on a video project of mine using part of this video when I noticed something I never noticed before. When Alizée is singin la, la, la, la, la, at 2 points the background singers say the line "mélodie du vent" which means melody of the wind. It sounds awesome and I can't believe I missed it. I thought it might have been because I have a little bit of hearing loss from my military days, but I asked a co-worker who's about 15 years younger than me and who is also a huge Alizée fan if he had ever noticed it? He never noticed it, so I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it. They sing it at about 1 and 9 seconds into this video clip.

Roman
02-12-2009, 02:15 AM
You're asking if I ever noticed them singing mélody du vent? haha, yeah I notice it! I think they keep it in the english version too, right? See it helps to pay attention. I'm going to blame your hearing loss, but as for the other guy... ??
And you have a co-worker who is a huge fan!? :( Why don't I!?

Scruffydog777
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
You're asking if I ever noticed them singing mélody du vent? haha, yeah I notice it! I think they keep it in the english version too, right? See it helps to pay attention. I'm going to blame your hearing loss, but as for the other guy... ??
And you have a co-worker who is a huge fan!? :( Why don't I!?

Didn't think to check the english version. I'm sure it sounds as good as the french. As for my co-worker, we've both have worked around jet engines for most of our career. I also was a tank crewman and a helicopter avionics mechanic in the military, so maybe that explains why we both missed it.

Scruffydog777
02-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Checked the english version and it sounds no wheres near as good as the french version.

OGRE
02-13-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed it.

Yes. I picked it up in my earlier days. Once you realize it's there, you hear it every time.

It's also a nice twist on the double entendre. We know Alizée (the wind) is the mélodie du vent. This double entendre stands with the basic song lyrics. The La la la interlude twists the double entendre. In most songs with melody and wind, the melody words are sung against the backdrop of the wind (white noise with variation of intensity). In this case you have the foreground of the wind (The "La la la la" represents the wind noise of varying intensity) sung against the melody of words (which is, itself, the double entendre already mentioned).

Basically, you have a word double entendre wrapped in a musical double entendre. Mylene is indeed a genius in such things.:wub:

Roman
02-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Hey, Scruff, find and listen to the "I'm not twenty ! and J'ai pas vingt ans ! mix" where the English and French versions are woven together. hehe, those are kinda funny.

Ruroshen
02-14-2009, 01:22 AM
Hey, Scruff, find and listen to the "I'm not twenty ! and J'ai pas vingt ans ! mix" where the English and French versions are woven together. hehe, those are kinda funny.
Ooo. Linkity-link, svp?

Roman
02-14-2009, 02:31 AM
Ooo. Linkity-link, svp?
Oh man. I guess I was asking for that one. Well, ok, here I put both versions up: I'm not vingt ans (http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=O83BD4MN)

By the way, don't bother with Spacekid unless you are just wanting to make a complete collection (nice cover). There's no Alizée actually on it. Though, as for the lady singing the Moi... Lolita parts, well, if you want to really understand just how good Alizée is, go ahead and listen.

Scruffydog777
02-14-2009, 11:51 AM

I did check it out and it was awesome and funny at the same time. But was the la la la la la part in french or english? (just kidding). Thanks for posting that.

Who deserves the credit for the audio file, which brings up another subject I'd like to pm you about in the next few days.