PDA

View Full Version : [2009-03-09] Paris Concert Canceled (+ New Album)

JEP
02-13-2009, 01:03 PM
--- Mod Edit, March 2009 ---

From http://myspace.com/alizeeofficiel:

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/2755/scan0027.jpg

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je me réjouissais de vous retrouver au Grand Rex le 28 mars. Malheureusement à mon très grand regret, je dois annuler. La raison est simple : je me sépare de mon tourneur français. Je comprendrais que cette explication un peu technique ne vous satisfasse pas, mais j'ai bien peur qu'il n'y en ait pas d'autre.

Je ne vais pas vous le cacher : je suis très déçue. Je n'ai pu faire de concert à Paris pour Psychédélices, et ce n'est vraiment pas faute de l'avoir voulu ... J'avais donc très envie de vous voir !

Depuis quelques semaines je travaille à mon nouvel album, qui s'annonce différent de tout ce que j'ai pu faire jusque là. J'ai hâte de vous le présenter, si hâte que je voudrais dès aujourd'hui vous annoncer que nous nous retrouverons avant l'été pour un concert spécial. Vous et moi, entre nous, les yeux dans les yeux.

Je vous embrasse Alizée

Translation by Roman:

Hello Lilly Town people,

I was delighted to be seeing you at the Grand Rex the 28th of March. Unfortunately, to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am splitting with my French tour manager. I understand that this explination, a bit technical, does not satisfy you, but I'm afraid there is no other.

I am not going to hide it from you: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting to. I had much desired to see you!

For the last few weeks I have been working on my new album, which looks different from anything I've been able to do so far. I can't wait to present it to you, such haste I have that I would like, starting today, to announce to you that we will meet before summer for a special concert. You and me, together, eye to eye.

I kiss you, Alizée

Getting your money back:

Francebillet:

To be paid back you need to send back the tickets you bought by phone or on the internet to the following adress :

Réseau France Billet Aubervilliers
Service VAD
45 av Victor Hugo - Bat 266
93538 LA PLAINE SAINT DENIS cedex

We encourage you to send back your tickets as soon as possible while keeping a copy of them by registered mail if possible.

If you had chosen a paiment by credit card you will be paid back automatically on your bank account as soon as we'll receive them.
If you had chosen a paiment by cheque you'll receive a cheque at the delivery address you gave us for your order.

If you bought your tickets in a shop we encourage you to go to the shop to be paid back.

Cordialement
Le Service Client

Ticketnet:

Hello,

we inform you that the Alizée concert at Rex on March the 28th 2009 is cancelled.

To be refunded you have to send us by mail the original of your tickets and
keep their photocopy for you (as a proof).

The address to send it is :

TICKETNET WEB
Challenge 92
101 Avenue François Arago
92017 NANTERRE CEDEX
France

Please join us a letter whitch precize the number of your credit card and
the expiry date and then we'll give you your money back.

Thank you

Regards

Ticketnet
Service web
101 avenue François Arago
92017 Nanterre Cedex

--- Original Post ---

Got My Plane Tickets Yesterday,Plan To Book My Hotel Today.Plan To Spend 6 Days In Paris,After Going To Manchester To See Man U Play.:D:D:D

Rocket
02-13-2009, 03:08 PM
Alizee is playing at the Rex? When?

Jamie
02-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Someone being funny? :p
I think he means Le Grand Rex in Paris France, if it happens this time.

rcs
02-13-2009, 09:28 PM
Waiting...:cool:

Ruroshen
02-14-2009, 01:16 AM
Waiting...:cool:

Ditto. It'll more or less be a gametime decision, I think. I've booked the time off, and am working as much overtime as I can until then, but waiting until probably the first or second week of March before I pull the trigger.

I may just wind up going either way--I've always wanted to see Paris, and I'm really just using the concert as motivation to finally get my ass in gear about it--but we'll see what happens.

Junkmale
02-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I'll be there.
Ticket has arrived (allthough its high up in the balcony!). Balcony tickets seem to be the only ones left?
Plane tickets bought and hotel reservation made. New passport has arrived.
From the map i have my hotel is only about 5 minutes walk from the Rex so i'm sorted.
Counting the days:)

Rev
02-16-2009, 05:00 AM
I'll be there.
Ticket has arrived (allthough its high up in the balcony!). Balcony tickets seem to be the only ones left?
From the map i have my hotel is only about 5 minutes walk from the Rex so i'm sorted.

If it's true that balcony tickets are the only ones left then it sounds like the concert WILL happen! :)

Junkmale
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I hope so.
When i ordered (about 2 weeks ago) the options for anything other than high balcony tickets were blanked out so i presume that these are the only ones left??
Sound pretty positive that it will go ahead.

Scruffydog777
02-16-2009, 01:55 PM
I'll be there.

I will be there. I still have my concert ticket from October. I work for an airline so the plane ticket isn't a problem. I've been to Paris, 3 times in the past year in a half, so this time, I will be doing some touring in Germany for a few days before the concert. Will hopefully meet up with a co-worker in Paris, if he has time.

I'm curious how much you paid for a hotel Junkmale! I stayed in that area near the Rex, twice in the past couple of years and the going rate worked out to be about 130 US dollars.

Junkmale
02-16-2009, 07:29 PM
It was pretty expensive.
Worked out at around £90 Sterling which is roughly $130-$140 i think.
Thats just for 1 night and includes the dreaded 'single room' supplement.
Air fare was very cheap direct from Belfast to Paris so it worked out ok.
I didn't know the hotel (Place de la Republic) was near to the Rex when i booked it. Just a lucky coincidence i suppose. Thats if i'm reading this Map the right way round!

techno_Millenium
02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Hi guys

Count me in, please :)

I'll go alone, and i will do my best to get there early. I would love to meet you all. I didn't go on October, i canceled the flights but i know you had a wonderful time, but i missed the chance of meeting you, so i hope i meet you guys this time :)
About the afterparty, is it too far from the REX? i hope not :) Well it will be awsome, dancing to Alizee, Mylene, Indochine, Yelle, Superbus, it's like a dream :)

lowbeam
02-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks like I'll be going again, still have my ticket from October. Only thing that will stop me is concert cancellation / postponement.

Scruffydog777
02-24-2009, 01:29 PM
At least there's some good news on the hotels in Paris. Rooms that were typically going for about 135 U.S. dollars a night back in October, are now going for about 110. Shop around!

Roman
02-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Hey people, please post what hotels you are going to stay at and if possible, add that to the front post so we can try to get to the same hotel. And yeah, that sucks if the d'Espagne is not available. Maybe check it again or through different means. You might find it available yet. That was a good hotel. And if not that, another close hotel. There were several just as close or nearly. It's hard not having experience with the others though. Of course the most important thing is just that we can all hook up (we I say if I go).

Amigo!
02-26-2009, 10:29 PM
(we I say if I go).

Dammit Roman, quit the "If I go"

If Alizée is going to be there... Will you? :mad:

It wouldn't be the same without one of the most well known fans :p

bresil
02-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Greeting from Brazil!!!
I recommend Hotel Regina, Rue Marzagan. It is very near to the Rex and confortable. I went there in October and going again in March. If someone want to contact me, please email heitormp@terra.com.br.

Vista
02-27-2009, 10:48 AM
@ Roman: Is this the hotel of which you speak?

le Hotels Emeraude - Hôtel d'Espagne

http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/hotels/espagne/us_tarifs.htm

http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/hotels/us_index.htm

http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/us_index.php

http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/hotels/espagne/us_presentation.htm

Roman
02-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Ok, here's the list I have, please add your name and any other details such as hotel and dates you will be there:
from Jenny from AF (the Germans):
-HRO87 (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Tapetor (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Scene (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- plane
-Dr.House (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-M´alizee (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Mep (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Magicstocki (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- plane
-Kray (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Downfall (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Honey_Princess (with some girlfriends) (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- plane
-X9999 (25.03.09. - 30.03.09) --- plane
-Tron02 (28.03.09- 29.03.09) -- plane
-le grand d'or (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- train
-Matze (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- train

most of us will stay here:
Hotel Campanile Paris XVII Boulevard Berthier
4 Boulevard Berthier, 1 à 3 avenue de la Porte-de-Clichy
75017 Paris
----------------------------------------------------
fleutice from AF
For me 27.03-29.03 --- plane
Hôtel Ibis Grand Boulevard Opera near Grand Rex
Swiss French, not much English
Lowbeam AAm (Ross Sherman)
Brian01 AF (Brian Prinzivalli)
kris AF 27-29 March
with dani00 and probably Nevi

bresil from AAm - heitormp@terra.com.br - Hotel Regina, Rue Marzagan

And yes, Vista, http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/hotels.../us_tarifs.htm (http://www.hotels-emeraude.fr/hotels/espagne/us_tarifs.htm)
that is the hotel I and several others stayed at last time. So, I know it was good and close. But if someone else has a good and close hotel, it is best if we can get as much as possible in the same hotel or at least close by. I've noticed that being in the same hotel really makes a difference. Of course, I would only be there for two whole days really. I wish I could stay a year or two, but...

JEP
02-27-2009, 03:06 PM
staying at the monte carlo,rue du faubourg montmarte (26.3.09 -03.04.09)

Roman
03-04-2009, 03:04 AM
I just heard a rumor that the concert might be canceled. I am waiting to hear more, but if you have not bought your plane ticket. You might want to wait a minute.

Ruroshen
03-04-2009, 03:36 AM
I just heard a rumor that the concert might be canceled. I am waiting to hear more, but if you have not bought your plane ticket. You might want to wait a minute.

Eep! Disappointing as that is to hear, I can't say I'm entirely surprised to hear it, either.

I appreciate that it's just a rumour, and that you don't want to come off as Chicken Little or anything, but is there any chance that you could elaborate on that a little?

bresil
03-04-2009, 06:26 AM
Where did you get this "rumor" about new cancel/postponed show (28th march)? let us know...

Roman
03-04-2009, 06:48 AM
Where did you get this "rumor" about new cancel/postponed show (28th march)? let us know...
Sorry. SoftAlex told me someone reported it. He's trying to find out more and make sure it's not just a misunderstanding. I only mentioned it to possibly save someone who could otherwise wait a little bit to see what happens.
By the way, I finally decided to post my photos of the inside of the Rex, which is not allowed. They are barely useful to see what it looks like because of the very low light; so, I'm certainly not stealing any photo opportunities.
http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?p=765597#post765597

Scruffydog777
03-04-2009, 07:28 AM
The fact that Roman posted this has me worried. I think he's a good source of info and wouldn't post this if he thought there wasn't something to it. It's just a rumor at this point and I know that he's trying to give people a heads up so they wont lose a bunch of money the way people did this past october, so I'm not going to say anything at this point except I feel like I've just been kicked in the stomach.

Rocket
03-04-2009, 08:24 AM
Well, I already have the plane ticket, the room at the hotel and tickets for the concert. If nothing else, the three of us will have a nice weekend in Paris.

Rachelizee
03-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm going to be there with a girlfriend from Thurs 26.3 to Mon 30.3..We haven't booked our hotel yet but I just wanted to put my name down as going. :D

So , 26.3 - 30.3 Rachelizee ( Rachel (kinda obvious i guess) + friend , Sarah)

When I know my hotel I'll let you guys know as it would be awesome to meet up if we can.

aDZ
03-06-2009, 11:21 AM
Any news concerning the concert @ Rex? Will there be one? :)

I havn't been around this last week so I'm a little late on that front, I remember that there was a discussion about this!

Junkmale
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Any news concerning the concert @ Rex? Will there be one? :)

I havn't been around this last week so I'm a little late on that front, I remember that there was a discussion about this!

There was an entire thread about it and it wasn't looking good:(
Thread seems to have disapeared?

Ruroshen
03-06-2009, 01:43 PM
There was an entire thread about it and it wasn't looking good:(
Thread seems to have disapeared?

Hmm, yes. I can't find it either. It appears to have been baleeted. Curious, but I imagine Brad and/or Ben had a good reason. :confused:

Anyway, there's been no official word either way.

aDZ
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
According to the following Email I received, the Alizee concert will go on as planned.

from Psychalizee >dot< net <board@forumactif.com> lolithia7du06@msn.com

date Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 11:08 AM
subject Concert du 28 Mars 2009 maintenu.

Bonjour,

Depuis 24h des rumeurs sur le concert d'Alizée au Grand Rex de Paris se propage sur les forums de la miss.

"Concert annulé, Concert reporté"...

Mais Psychalizee.net vous confirme:

CONCERT MAINTENU AU 28 MARS 2009 !!!

See ya les fans!

Les admins / http:// psychalizee >dot< net

Got this message from Vista! Might've just been a rumor after all, and therefore got deleted? :)

You are only allowed to post URLs once you have at least 5 posts.
That's the deal with the >dot< thingie :-P

JEP
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Received Message From Psychalizeee.net. Bonjour. Depuis 24th Des Rumeurs Sur La Concert D'Alizee au Grand Rex de Paris Se Propage Sur Les Forums De La Miss. "Concert Annule", Concert Reporte " Mais Psychalizee .Net Vous Confirme. Concert Maintenu Au 28th Mars 2009!!!! See Ya Les Fans.:D:D:D

Junkmale
03-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Things seem to be looking good then?
As far as i'm concerned, i'm going to assume thats it's on until something offical is released to say otherwise?
My plans are going ahead as normal.

Roman
03-06-2009, 02:31 PM
current list:
from Jenny from AF:
-HRO87 (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Tapetor (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Scene (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- plane
-Dr.House (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-M´alizee (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Mep (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Magicstocki (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- plane
-Kray (28.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- train
-Downfall (27.03.09 - 05.04.09) --- car
-Honey_Princess (with some girlfriends) (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- plane
-X9999 (25.03.09. - 30.03.09) --- plane
-Tron02 (28.03.09- 29.03.09) -- plane
-le grand d'or (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- train
-Matze (27.03.09 - 29.03.09) --- train
most of us will stay here:
Hotel Campanile Paris XVII Boulevard Berthier
4 Boulevard Berthier, 1 à 3 avenue de la Porte-de-Clichy
75017 Paris
fleutice from AF
For me 27.03-29.03 --- plane
Hôtel Ibis Grand Boulevard Opera near Grand Rex
Swiss French, not much English
Lowbeam AAm (Ross) l'Hôtel Rougemont
Brian01 AF l'Hôtel Rougemont
Jordy AF l'Hôtel Rougemont
kris AF 27-29 March
with dani00 and probably Nevi
bresil from AAm - Hotel Regina, Rue Marzagan
JEP AAm - Hôtel monte carlo, rue du faubourg montmarte (26.3.09 -03.04.09)
homeslice794 - 25th - 30th
Rachelizee AAm (Rachel + friend Sarah) 26th to 30th

Ruroshen
03-06-2009, 02:31 PM
Things seem to be looking good then?
As far as i'm concerned, i'm going to assume thats it's on until something offical is released to say otherwise?
My plans are going ahead as normal.

Yeah, while it's understandable for everybody to be a little nervous, it's not likely they're going to put out a press release that reads "Concert still on! Not canceled this time, honest!" or anything. :p

Tiwaz
03-06-2009, 04:52 PM
Going 27-30, only planetickets left.

Fama crescit eundo - The rumour grows as it goes

bresil
03-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Bonjour,

nous vous informons que le concert de Alizée initialement prévu le 28 Mars 2009 au Rex est annulé.

Voici la démarche à suivre afin d’obtenir votre remboursement :

Renvoyez-nous vos billets originaux (conservez une copie pour vous) à l’adresse suivante :

TICKETNET WEB
Challenge 92
92017 NANTERRE CEDEX

Merci de joindre un courrier qui stipule le mode de remboursement de votre choix :

- par chèque (que vous recevrez un mois maximum après réception de vos billets dans nos bureaux),
- par Carte Bancaire en précisant les 16 chiffres ainsi que la date d’expiration afin de créditer votre compte (que vous recevrez une semaine maximum après réception de vos billets).

Cordialement

Ticketnet
Service web
92017 Nanterre Cedex

Hello,

we inform you that the Alizée concert at Rex on March the 28th 2009 is cancelled.

TICKETNET WEB
Challenge 92
92017 NANTERRE CEDEX
France

Thank you

Regards

Ticketnet
Service web
92017 Nanterre Cedex

aDZ
03-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Is this really official? :(

Sounds abit odd to me, and there are some grammar fails and such.. It smells weird, indeed. And with all the rumours that's been going on aswell.. hmm hmm.

But in the other hand, Who am I to judge?

Vista
03-09-2009, 11:51 AM
@bresil:
What is the URL that stated the March 28 Alizee concert is cancelled...? I can not find a source to verify the information.

bresil
03-09-2009, 12:00 PM
http://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/psychedelices-tour-f18/concert-du-28-mars-2009-annule-t1206-135.htm AND Ticketnet [desabonnement@ticketnet.fr]

Sorry but she is over forever in France and in many heart´s friends worldwide!!!

puffyrock2
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
For many fans, this is the final straw and i can understand that after the time and money they put into going to this concert.

Personally, i wouldn't go see her live unless she was coming to my area, because she's too unpredictable of a performer nowadays i suppose. I'm still a fan because i wasn't affected by this cancellation, but those who were have an important decision to make.

Dark Engine
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I think it's kind of odd that they also need the credit card number and expiration date. Should be able too look up a name and a transaction number or some such.

Junkmale
03-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Yep, i just got my email from the ticket agent.
It's off and am i pissed about it. Oh yes!
Can't wait to hear the pathetic excuse this time.
I'm not working at the minute and this has cost me a lot of money.
It's like Bresil says, unless there is a valid reason for the cancellation i fear her career is finished in France.
What a bummer:(

Ruroshen
03-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Sounds abit odd to me, and there are some grammar fails and such.. It smells weird, indeed. And with all the rumours that's been going on aswell.. hmm hmm.

Guys, please be careful. This is my line of work, and it sounds very suspiciously like a scam to gain your credit card info. Please make sure you're getting confirmation of this directly from TicketMaster (as in you telephone them or email them directly from their site, not just replying to the email) before you provide them with anything.

I think it's kind of odd that they also need the credit card number and expiration date. Should be able too look up a name and a transaction number or some such.

Exactly. This is what has me thinking it is most likely a scam. I don't know the laws overseas, though, and it is possible that they may not be permitted to store credit card numbers from a previous transaction in a database.

I'll do a little poking around here on my end and see if I can get an answer for you guys.

bresil
03-09-2009, 01:17 PM
The reason said by Kimaime.. is the she is "involved in her new album" ! Great excuses, who will buy this new one? she is past for me!!! I will go to Paris (again, october same blá-blá) because Paris is great. Sorry because her carreer is over so early, she is only 24!

Je ne sais pas si ça à été fait, mais j'ai téléphoner à Kimaimemesuive pour avoir une explication:

"Bonjour, j'aurai voulu savoir pourquoi le concert d'Alizée du 28 mars 2009 est annulé.
-Je ne sais pas du tout, je vais me renseigner.
(Musique d'attente)
Allo?
-Oui
-Apparemment, c'est pour son nouvel album.

Kaptain Kurse
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
I've had the same email:mad:
I've spent a small fortune on travel, accommodation and tickets (for 2).
We deserve some sort of official explanation from Alizee and her record company.

We will probably get our ticket money back but that doesn't cover the rest of it. I especially feel sorry for all you traveling from America, it's bad enough just traveling from the U.K.

This just isn't going to do her image any good at all.

Should this one be re-scheduled then I (and my wife) won't be going as we've spent enough on this trip.

KK

Tiwaz
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
This is what the postpone mail said in october

Hello,

we inform you that the Alizée concert will take place on March the 28th 2009 instead of October the 10th 2008 at Rex.
The tickets are valid for the new date or you can be refunded until the 31th of October 2008.

TICKETNET WEB

Challenge 92

92017 Nanterre cedex

France

Regards

Stéphanie TSEVAS
Ticketnet Web
Tél : 01.49.97.52.16
Fax : 01.49.97.52.15

bresil
03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Sorry dear friends but I am in contact we Mexico & France (see forum below) and unfortunatly it is true (canceled). Use any web translator to help you in french.
http://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/psychedelices-tour-f18/concert-du-28-mars-2009-annule-t1206-225.htm

See her excuses message in myspace

Ruroshen
03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Got this email back from a contact in Anti-Fraud:

Total phishing scam! No reputable business would request cc info thru email. Tell them to visit the TM website and look for cancellation info or speak to a CSR directly. Any refunds would have to go thru a CSR anyways. And while they're calling TM, have them report the email, TM's corporate security will want to see a copy of it if possible.

Hope this helps!

Make sure you're contacting TicketMaster directly for any refunds, and not clicking on any links in the email or replying and providing your info. Regardless of whether or not the concert is truly cancelled, THIS APPEARS TO BE A SCAM TO GET YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

Please spread this info far and wide, anywhere you see this being reported.

LL Cool B
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
See her excuses message in myspace

So what does the note say? can anyone translate?

Big step for her to actually address the situation! Just would like to know what she is saying!

Hang on, I am going to go grab my co-worker who speaks french

techno_Millenium
03-09-2009, 03:41 PM
About cancellation i didn't receive any e-mail until now. I bought my ticket through Francebillet.com, but right now it's impossible to buy tickets for Alizée in any of the sites, so i guess this will be true. But becareful with that e-mail you are receiving. I already received e-mails cancelling tickets for shows in Paris and my credit card number was never asked, they don't need it to do a transfer to your account because they already have all the information from the time you bought the ticket. Becareful!!

woohoo
03-09-2009, 03:44 PM
This is really bad for her fan base here and in France. I really think she is done singing for a while.:mad: Hopefully she is spending the time with her daughter and her husband.

techno_Millenium
03-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Can anyone translate the letter she wrotte in her myspace page? I can't even understand it clearly as her hand written is so bad lololol

LL Cool B
03-09-2009, 03:58 PM
So what does the note say? can anyone translate?

Big step for her to actually address the situation! Just would like to know what she is saying!

Hang on, I am going to go grab my co-worker who speaks french

OK here is what my French speaking co-worker got from the note. (just a rough translation, he had a hard time reading her hand-writing)

-She is very sad to announce the cancellation of the March 28th concert.
-There was nothing she could to do to prevent it
-She does not want to hide the reasons

-She is very upset that she has not been able to perform in Paris since her new album, Psychedelices.
-She is working on a new album
-New album will be completely different than anything she has ever done.
-She is very excited to present this new album soon.

Then she signs off with some kind of French saying that we are "eye to eye"

-B

RadioactiveMan
03-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Stolen for reposting:

Here is the French transcription (by Milly on psychalizee)

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je me réjouissais de vous retrouver au Grand Rex le 28 mars. Malheureusement à mon très grand regret, je dois annuler. La raison est simple : je me sépare de mon tourneur français. Je comprendrais que cette explication un peu technique ne vous satisfasse pas, mais j'ai bien peur qu'il n'y en ait pas d'autre.
Je ne vais pas vous le cacher : je suis très déçue. Je n'ai pu faire ce concert à Paris pour Psychédélices, et ce n'est vraiment pas faute de l'avoir voulu ... J'avais donc très envie de vous voir !
Depuis quelques semaines je travaille à mon nouvel album, qui s'annonce très différent de ce que j'ai pu faire jusque là. J'ai hâte de vous le présenter, si hâte que je voudrais dès aujourd'hui vous annoncer que nous nous retrouverons avant l'été pour un concert spécial. Vous et moi, entre nous, les yeux dans les yeux.

Je vous embrasse Alizée

I look forward to seeing you at the Grand Rex on March 28. Unfortunately to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am separated from my French turner [Tournée translates in this context to tour. Touréer would then refer to the tour company, I would think (Ki M'Aime Me Suivre?)]. I understand that this explanation a bit technical you are not satisfied, but I'm afraid there is no other.
I will not hide it: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting ... So I really want to see you!
For some weeks I work for my new album, which looks very different from what I've done so far. I look forward to the present, so excited that I would like today to announce that we will meet before the summer for a special concert. You and me, us, eyes in the eyes.

I kiss you Alizée

The special concert announcement at least gives us something else to look forward to. I'm excited to read about the new album as well. I am pleased to see that it will be different still from the previous three albums.

bresil
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Translation from french to portugues to english (sorry wat matter is the main ideia): "I´d like so much to meet you again at Rex. Unfortunatly I have to cancel it. I cancel my relation with my french tour-producer. I am working in my new albun that seens to be very different from the others ones. I´ve announce that I will see you before this summer for a very special concert. Just you and me, between us, eye-to-eyes."

techno_Millenium
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Ok, she had all the reasons in the world, so in the first place why the hell she or her company reschedueled something that was already suppose to not happen????????????????

Well, all in all a special concert would be nice if it is not canceled too, near its date

dreamer
03-09-2009, 04:23 PM
I think it's understandable that this concert is cancelled, after all Psychédélices is pretty much over. The decision could have been made (or could have been made public) a bit sooner though (like two to three months)...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album, I can't really be angry with her. But if that concert in the summer is cancelled as well...don't want to think about it.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb135/badou28/SCAN0027.jpg

I love her handwriting by the way.

AC Mix...
03-09-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow, i feel horrible to all those Americans and other people who had to book everything twice just to hear it was canceled. that sucks.... i know she will loose alot of fan base and credibility over this....

someone earlier in a coment said "go to mexico and be happy" But look on the bright side, if she does over come over to mexico ;), she will be right next door, much closer than France.... she would be our Neighbor!

hey if she is in North America, (mexico) dont u think she will look alittle bit more north and try to get into the US Market!!!! dont loose hope now..........

AC Mix...

JimmyDean23
03-09-2009, 04:58 PM
This is one of the many reasons I love her. Its always a roller coaster ride of emotions. I am very sad and slightly pissed that the concert was canceled, but I am so excited to hear that a new album is on the way!! And she even showed us how much she cares about us. I never expected a hand written letter from her, that blew me away.

johnkim2222003
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
However, based on my interpreting the letter, she is in deny. Sorry. She should take some responsibility, not still saying "eye to eye".

techno_Millenium
03-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Oh là là, careful!;) You will regret saying this, I guarantee it. Read her apology on myspace. Then again, I didn't lose any money because of this...:rolleyes:

I think it's understandable that this concert is cancelled, after all Psychédélices is pretty much over. The decision could have been made (or could have been made public) a bit sooner though (like two to three months)...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the new album, I can't really be angry with her. But if that concert in the summer is cancelled as well...don't want to think about it.

Lucky you who didn0t spend any money but some of us did and twice so i have all the right to be angry with her ... for now .... for sometime .... until .... new album and concert come out lolololo cause i know i'l be running after her again and buy all her stuff lololol

heyamigo
03-09-2009, 05:35 PM
ouch, that's horrible. it sucks for the people who have already made reservations, i feel your pain guys.
i can't say i'm surprised at all though. i don't know how she plans to ever have a successful concert after this debacle though.

Shoepick
03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Also a bummer for all the time and resources put into the banner.

lefty12357
03-09-2009, 05:57 PM
Well, I feel very bad for all the French fans and for all the international fans who spent money on tickets lodging and transportation, (again). I have to say that I’m not too surprised, because I have had my doubts about how you can have a successful concert after a cancellation, without any promotion.

I don’t know what Alizée’s contract for the concert looked like, but it’s not uncommon for the venue and the tour company to take some or all of the responsibility for promotion. They may have failed to hold up their end of the bargain and she had no choice but to dump them in return. Who knows, maybe her tour company convinced her last time to keep silent while they offered their lame excuses. Whatever the case may be, I’m sure she’s learned a lot in the process.

I truly appreciate her posting a note on her Myspace page. I wish she had done that the first time. I may be reading too much into it, but it almost feels like she’s implying that she knows France just didn’t like Psychédélices, and she's aware that it has been part of the problem.

It may be easy for me to say, since I personally haven’t lost anything in this, but I truly adore Alizée, (even with her faults) and I am looking forward to her new music. I’m sure she’s hurting as well as all of those who are disappointed by this news.

Personally, I think her tour company has failed to live up to their end of the bargain, and they are just throwing Alizée under the bus again. This time though, she has appealed directly to us by posting that note on her Myspace. I could be wrong, but I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt.

mavsluver41
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Bummer :(. I was not affected at all by the cancellation, but it still hurts to see fellow fans suffer. I remember the first few months of being introduced to Alizée: being in that world, her world, brought me nothing but happiness. Her voice and her smile - they washed away the trouble and tension in my life, if for a moment, leaving behind a sense of wonder and joy. Now, the happiness is mixed in with other emotions that aren't nearly as comforting, or soothing. I only hope that this intimate connection that I, and all of you here, once shared.

I'm both very pleased and surprised by her handwritten apology - it does seem that she's finally heeded our advice, which all of us here (every one of us has mentioned it at least ten times in the past five months) have expressed adamantly. But at what a great price! I hope she'll retain at least 80% of her fan base, the next two weeks will be very telling.

Roman
03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Well, this is a lovely letter the likes of which we have longed to see from Alizée for so long. Whatever happens, to see it directly from her and her charming words is nice. It is signed by her and on her MySpace. That's as official/personal as we are going to get.

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je ne vais pas vous le cacher : je suis très déçue. Je n'ai pu faire de concert à Paris pour Psychédélices, et ce n'est vraiment pas faute de l'avoir voulu ... J'avais donc très envie de vous voir !
Depuis quelques semaines je travaille à mon nouvel album, qui s'annonce différent de tout ce que j'ai pu faire jusque là. J'ai hâte de vous le présenter, si hâte que je voudrais dès aujourd'hui vous annoncer que nous nous retrouverons avant l'été pour un concert spécial. Vous et moi, entre nous, les yeux dans les yeux.

Je vous embrasse Alizée

My translation:

I was delighted to be seeing you at the Grand Rex the 28th of March. Unfortunately, to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am splitting with my French tour manager. I understand that this explination, a bit technical, does not satisfy you, but I'm afraid there is no other. I am not going to hide it from you: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting to. I had much desired to see you!
For the last few weeks I have been working on my new album, which looks different from anything I've been able to do so far. I can't wait to present it to you, such haste I have that I would like, starting today, to announce to you that we will meet before summer for a special concert. You and me, eye to eye.

I kiss you, Alizée.

As for her writing, it is rather difficult to read, but it has that very characteristic feminine quality to it. Ça me fait rire un peu. It seems very appropriate to her. :)

Junkmale
03-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I have to be brutally honest i'm afraid (and excuse the language) but it's a f*cking disgrace. If there was a problem between the tour company and the venue surely someone knew long before now?
A nice hand written note dosen't wash with me. As far as i'm concerned this cancellation shows a total disregard for her many fans (including myself) who have paid hard earned cash to make this trip to show our support for her.
I'm very angry at the moment and perhaps will calm down a bit later but i'm seriously unimpressed. I'll still buy the new album but my respect for her has gone. If she had any feelings towards her fans i'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to find an alternative venue or to make alternative arrangements?
We deserve much better than this.

Rev
03-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Not again!

At least this time she did not duck her fans, and instead chose to explain the problem herself.

To all who were planning on going - I'm very sorry. :(:(

Srbski-kralj
03-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Like many others said its sad and sorda exciting day i think. It sucks for those who bought tickets to the concert, but also its exciting for hte new album, even though i kinda saw the cancelation happening. i probably will go buy the new cd when it comes out.

peace and salute

LL Cool B
03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Interesting question regarding today's news:

Why is it that she has canceled 2 concerts within 6 months in Paris, while at the same time committing to, and actually showing up, to events in Mexico?
(we will see about April event)

Has she given up all together on the French fan base and is focusing on the Mexican base??

Bizzare

-B

Fish
03-09-2009, 07:58 PM
If you wish to take a small sample size as indicative of the whole of France, the French casual fan community is non-existent.

Tiwaz
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
I appreciate the fast explenation and she have a lovely handwriting, though I don't understand what the reason is, and why they re-schedule the show in the first place if they/she knew she weren't able to do it. Anyway I wasn't up in the clouds this time like I was last time she smacked me down on the ground, so the fall wasn't to hard.

I prefere to see Paris in the summer anyway. See you on the next show Alizée.

Bigdan
03-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I don't know if someone already said it but she say in her letter ( love the handwriting:wub:) that the put an end to her collaboration with her tour manager. Not sure it's a good reason... or the fact that the reservation was too low...:(

Tiwaz
03-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Im curious about this "special concert", is it going to be like that special "fan meeting" which at least I never heard anything about?

Rocket
03-09-2009, 08:32 PM
I talked it over with my two friends and we all decided to go to Paris anyway. We already have our plane tickets and reservation to the hotel. We are located very close to the Metro so we'll be doing some fast and furious touring. We won't have enough money to get inside the museums and such, but hey, think of the memories. :)

Srbski-kralj
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
there u go rocket thinking posative.

lefty12357
03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know if someone already said it but she say in her letter ( love the handwriting:wub:) that the put an end to her collaboration with her tour manager. Not sure it's a good reason... or the fact that the reservation was too low...:(

Yes, I suspect that there may have been low ticket sales involved, but I also suspect her tour company didn't do their job right either. Maybe we will never know for sure. I'm just glad that she wrote us a letter this time.

I talked it over with my two friends and we all decided to go to Paris anyway. We already have our plane tickets and reservation to the hotel. We are located very close to the Metro so we'll be doing some fast and furious touring. We won't have enough money to get inside the museums and such, but hey, think of the memories. :)

I'm sorry the concert didn't work out for you but I bet you'll still have a wonderful time. Why don't you walk by Alizée's place? Maybe you'll bump into her and get to meet her...:)

Amigo!
03-09-2009, 08:47 PM
there u go rocket thinking posative.

And that is sometimes all we can do.

I mean... It is paris :cool:

techno_Millenium
03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
This is a message for all users here, i'm sorry for my bad, childish and inconvenient comments about Alizee, i already deleted them. I was just writting in the heat of the moment and that's what came out, but i tottally screwed up writting what i wrotte. Don't judge myself for that comments cause i'm not like that, i was just so angry with all this situation, as i know you all are. Of course i still love her and now i understand her reasons and i know that maybe more then us she was the most injured with this cancelation, now she don't know what the future reserves to her in terms of music career, so i guess we have to show her again our support. I hope the new record will be ready soon (of course i will buy it) and what the hell, maybe she will present us with some memorable Summer concert.
That's what i wanted to say to all of you.

lefty12357
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Don't worry about it. It's quite understandable. If you can't blow off a little steam among friends, where can you? Hopefully the future will be much brighter...

Srbski-kralj
03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
I know how u feel man, not about spending money on hte concert, but writing something at the heat of hte moment then looking back and be shit i cant belive i wrote that.

Ruroshen
03-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Im curious about this "special concert", is it going to be like that special "fan meeting" which at least I never heard anything about?
Yeah, I had the same thought...but the point's been made elsewhere that the "fan meeting" idea came from the tour promoter last time, not from Lili herself. Nothing to do but wait and see, really...

Such a weird day. The cancellation is disappointing, but not entirely unexpected. The letter, on the other hand, came completely out of nowhere. Good for her. (Too little too late? Maybe, that remains to be seen...but good for her, nonetheless.)

One thing for certain: we live in interesting times, my friends...in the Chinese proverbial sense of the word. :p

Edit: Apropos of nothing, can I just say how much I dig that she started the letter 'Hello Lilly Town people'? I'm going to start kicking off the commentary tracks that way, I think...

Rocket
03-09-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry the concert didn't work out for you but I bet you'll still have a wonderful time. Why don't you walk by Alizée's place? Maybe you'll bump into her and get to meet her...:)

That is not a bad idea but I don't know where she lives. Does anybody have a clue? I know that she just bought a house outside the city but that's about it. Not sure if she still has the apartment.

Shoepick
03-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Well i'm hoping this new album has that one "moi lolita" that can push her back to the top

lefty12357
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
That is not a bad idea but I don't know where she lives. Does anybody have a clue? I know that she just bought a house outside the city but that's about it. Not sure if she still has the apartment.

That's a good question. The apartment is one thing, but if she's already moved to her new house, then I don't have a clue.

Ben
03-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Anyone receive word yet about getting money back from Francebillet or Fnac?

And anyone other than Rocket decide if they're still going to Paris or not?

I'm on the wire. There's Mexico in April, but those flights and concert tickets are, ironically, much more expensive.

I'll be adding all essential information to the first post of this thread.

Ruroshen
03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
It's nothing official, but this is the only reference I've seen so far on any of the English-language forums, from Backinblack on AF (emphasis mine):

I had never actually picked up my tickets for the October show, and I coincidentally picked today as the day to go and get my tickets for the March show at Fnac, so I found out the bad news from the clerk there. Her computer was unable to give me a refund, so she called a number in Paris and confirmed that the concert had just been canceled and that it would take a few days before the system would be updated and able to give out refunds for those who were still holding on to their tickets for the new date.

Srbski-kralj
03-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Sucks abouth the concert beig canceled, but at least we have something to look forward to. The new Album. Any clue when its comming out, ? April, or is that just her concert thing in Mexico?

ImRawdg
03-10-2009, 12:36 AM
It doesn't affect me either, but it breaks my heart. That really sucks.

Ruroshen
03-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Sucks abouth the concert beig canceled, but at least we have something to look forward to. The new Album. Any clue when its comming out, ? April, or is that just her concert thing in Mexico?
It is kind of a weird bad news/good news day, yeah. Bummed about the concert, excited about the new album, inexplicably jazzed about the handwritten apology/explanation (which I just wish she'd done six months ago...but like Lefty said, who knows what was going on behind the scenes).

I don't in any way begrudge the fans for whom this is the last straw, especially international fans who now have been hosed a second time in the space of six months, because I absolutely get that...but speaking as somebody who hasn't lost money because of this, I'm choosing to view this from a glass-half-full perspective. Your mileage may vary. :p

Roman
03-10-2009, 01:23 AM
It is kind of a weird bad news/good news day, yeah. Bummed about the concert, excited about the new album, inexplicably jazzed about the handwritten apology/explanation (which I just wish she'd done six months ago...but like Lefty said, who knows what was going on behind the scenes).

I don't in any way begrudge the fans for whom this is the last straw, especially international fans who now have been hosed a second time in the space of six months, because I absolutely get that...but speaking as somebody who hasn't lost money because of this, I'm choosing to view this from a glass-half-full perspective. Your mileage may vary. :p
Well, ok, I just have to ask you, what is the glass half full of?
By the way, even if I had lost that money this time, which thanks to SoftAlex I did not, I would not have been nearly as hurt because 1. we knew better the situation this time 2. Alizée wrote that letter

Sir Wood
03-10-2009, 01:42 AM
I feel terrible for those that have already committed to their flights and hotels, as well as empathize with the mix of emotions that one goes through during these times. It wasn't until this morning that I finally sent in my time-off request from work and was planning on looking into flights and hotels by the end of the week, and then 2-hours later I received an e-mail from the lads regarding what all fans feared with regards to the early rumors.

I for one will keep my Oct. concert ticket as a bitter-sweet momento (similar to the wrist bands from the first Mexico signing visit): 1) bitter because of the concert(s) that never came and 2) sweet because of the chance to hang out for a week with the wonderful fans that made the trip a "celebration of the fans." I hope that those continuing with their march journey get the same opportunity to meet up with other fans, eat and drink into the night, and enjoy Paris together.

Well at least Lili promptly providde a message to the fans, rather than let fanatical emotions stew from silence. I wish every fan the opportunity to see her grace in person at least once whether it be through a future concert or some other event (like Les Enfoirés).

Cheer's to a brighter future that one looks to believe that will come from the cryptic message within the note. Perhaps the new album will be released sometime in November and she'll host another Megastore signing. ;)

Best and warmest regards,
Sir Wood

Ben
03-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Fresh squeezed album juice, with a hint of letter-witting pencil graphite.

pepelepew
03-10-2009, 01:49 AM
Well, this is a lovely letter the likes of which we have longed to see from Alizée for so long. Whatever happens, to see it directly from her and her charming words is nice. It is signed by her and on her MySpace. That's as official/personal as we are going to get.

Hello Lilly Town people,

Je vous embrasse Alizée

My translation:

I was delighted to be seeing you at the Grand Rex the 28th of March. Unfortunately, to my great regret, I must cancel. The reason is simple: I am splitting with my French tour manager. I understand that this explination, a bit technical, does not satisfy you, but I'm afraid there is no other. I am not going to hide it from you: I am very disappointed. I could not do this concert in Paris for Psychédélices, and it is really not for lack of wanting to. I had much desired to see you!
For the last few weeks I have been working on my new album, which looks different from anything I've been able to do so far. I can't wait to present it to you, such haste I have that I would like, starting today, to announce to you that we will meet before summer for a special concert. You and me, eye to eye.

I kiss you, Alizée.

As for her writing, it is rather difficult to read, but it has that very characteristic feminine quality to it. Ça me fait rire un peu. It seems very appropriate to her. :)

Thanks Roman for the translation. I also want to express my disappointment that the fans that planned to go to her concert and or have lost money have been let down again. Being an Alizee fan is like a giant roller coaster ride. I am proud of her for at least sending a handwritten explanation this time. I am looking forward to the new album.

Ruroshen
03-10-2009, 02:00 AM

Ummmm...pixie dust?

Hell, I don't know...but the fact that we're getting a new album in the face of all this, that there's at least the potential of a late-spring/early-summer concert, and the fact that she's chosen to address this head-on for a change (with the added personalized touch of a handwritten letter, no less)...this all falls under the category of Good Stuff, in my book. If Lili's silence in October was deafening, this by the same standards is practically a cacaphony.

Like I said earlier, if another fan chooses to view this as "too little, too late", I can't begrudge that...especially if they were trying to be optimistic and demonstrate their faith in Lili that the March concert would go ahead as planned. It's a perfectly valid and justifiable response to everything that's happened over the past six months.

I'm just making the conscious choice to view it as 'better late than never'. Of course, it's easy for me to do that--I haven't been left on the business end of non-refundable travel arrangements twice in the space of half a year, which in this economy is nothing to sneeze at--but we all have to go one way or the other, and at the end of the day, neither choice is wrong.

OK, Ben is clearly more clever and succinct than I'll ever be...but we all knew that, already, didn't we? :p

Roman
03-10-2009, 02:16 AM
OK, Ben is clearly more clever and succinct than I'll ever be...but we all knew that, already, didn't we? :p
Well, at least with succinct I am of course in that same camp as you. Or should I have just said, yep?

Ben
03-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Well, at least with succinct I am of course in that same camp as you.
:\

Sorry don't get me wrong, I'm bummed also. Just a little too pre-occupied with practicalities at the moment (getting money back? still going to Paris? Mexico?) to be very sentimental about it.

It does suck, but at least there is a silver lining this time.

Roman
03-10-2009, 04:02 AM
:\

Sorry don't get me wrong, I'm bummed also. Just a little too pre-occupied with practicalities at the moment (getting money back? still going to Paris? Mexico?) to be very sentimental about it.

It does suck, but at least there is a silver lining this time.
Oh I know. I certainly wasn't taking succinct for not caring.

techno_Millenium
03-10-2009, 07:14 AM

And anyone other than Rocket decide if they're still going to Paris or not?

I bought mine also through Francebillet but still didn't receive a "cancelation notification". Although they still list the event it's not possible to buy tickets for it anymore, i think it's just a matter of time in receiving the cancelation e-mail.
Usually to get money back from Francebillet, they only ask to send the ticket back with the order confirmation e-mail.

As for the Paris travel, well i will cancel my plans for that weekend unfortunetly. Maybe i will resechedule the flights for other weekend with a good concert from a french singer in it :)

Rocket
03-10-2009, 08:15 AM
For us it was a no brainer. My two girlfriends wanted to see Paris more than they wanted to see Alizee. This will be my second trip to Paris and I'm planning on going back this summer. I have mixed feelings about the cancellation. I don't know exactly where the blame goes. Alizee, poor ticket sales or bad management. Perhaps all three plus some other outside factors. Anyway, three American girls in Paris. Watch out Paris. :p

As far as my feelings for Alizee. It hasn't changed. I still love her music and I'm anxious about her upcoming album. Who knows, maybe we'll run into each other while I'm there. I doubt it would happen. There may be some angry fans over there asking for her blood. Haha.

rcs
03-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Guess my tickets will go into a scrap book. See you in Mexico Lili, if I can.

Scruffydog777
03-10-2009, 08:59 AM
We've been let down for the second time in 5 months. All I can do is quote the words of that great statesman George W. Bush, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!".

Dark Engine
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
We've been let down for the second time in 5 months. All I can do is quote the words of that great statesman George W. Bush, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KBm5ZSWbD14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rachelizee
03-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Well having taken 24 hours to absorb the news I must admit I honestly don't know what I feel about this.It's certainly not anger , it's not even really disappointment.Can you be disappointed at something you thought was going to happen ? I really don't know.

Having read and re-read Alizée's message a few things have occurred to me. I know she has received praise ( of sorts ) for responding much quicker to the situation this time or indeed responding at all is a step up from October.That being said , while seemingly more personal , is the content in the message really that different to the October statement that enraged many.

By this I mean , 1) the "excuse" for cancellation , genuine or otherwise , does not explain the lateness of the announcement which on both occassions seems to imply the non-event was known well in advance and 2) the addition of an unspecified ill-defined "event" as a sop to the fans left disappointed.We will wait and see if this takes place unlike the December fan date.

Finally both statements for me are lacking one crucial word and that word is sorry.Sorry for both the inconvenience and the short notice of cancellation is absent from both statements.Before anyone says it , regretting the cancellation is NOT the same as apologising.

As for my own plans I don't know what I'm going to do yet as luckily I only have my Eurostar booking to worry about (my sympathies to those with unrefundable long-distance travel again).

I think ultimately I'm more annoyed at myself than anything else for not adopting a "wait and see" approach.Sadly this appeared to be the strategy for the concert organisers too.

While I now realise this all sounds a bit angry I can assure I'm really not but if I may also add a reworking of the proverb that George W. Bush had so many problems with :

" Fool me once , shame on you
Fool me twice , shame on me
Try and fool me a third time , I won't be there "

P.S. An observation for any conspiracy theorists/graphologists out there. Given the oft-discussed debate over whether Alizée actually runs here own Myspace , how do we know this message is actually from her ??

Edit : Whoa ! Spooky ! I wrote the Bush reference before seeing Scruffydog and Dark Engine's posts. Great minds think alike .. yeah , yeah I know the rest of the phrase !

Dark Engine
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Fool me once , shame on you
Fool me twice , shame on me
Try and fool me a third time , I won't be there "

I prefer:
Fool me once, shame on me
Fool me twice, ain't gonna happen...

Amigo!
03-10-2009, 10:17 AM

Goes down smooth doesn't it?

Taste great, less filling *burp*

Hmm, I know theres more... :o

johnkim2222003
03-10-2009, 10:52 AM
However, I believe that Alizee can fool us once, twice, third time and as many times as she wants. Toward to her, the rational parts of our brain are non-existing. She is now representing a very typical type of girls; "bad girl" or "devil girl". Based on her letter, she had no any remorse, but definitely knows how to find an excuse and trick us, at least many of us. The problems are that she is getting more and more attractive, according to the recent pictures from Les Enfoirés 2009. Therefore, I am afraid to say that many of us in the deep level of heart would not mind or possibly get some satisfactions if she fools again. That is love all about.

Scruffydog777
03-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I think the thing that bothers me most is that you would think after the cancellation of her concert back in october, if she was serious about wanting a successful music career,she should have been questioning her managers on a weekly basis, asking how many tickets have been sold so far and if finding out that they weren't doing well, asking what is being done to increase ticket sales which apparently was nothing.

If she had done this, she would have known a couple of months ago that her tour manager should have been fired when there was still time to save the concert. Which makes you wonder what level of commitment she is willing to make for her career and her fans. We all know her family comes first. So is her career something she just pursues as a hobby or a lark. If it does well..........great, if it flounders and her fans suffer.............oh well.

I don't know. We hardly ever hear from her so it's hard to tell. We are left to guess. We guess on a daily basis in here which leads to arguements (or are they discussions?), disillusionment (is that a real word?) controversy, what have you. Bottom line is she keeps losing more and more fans. Something she can't afford.

Meanwhile her fans are heartbroken once again.
Now we are left to cry in our beer (Miller).

Is there hope? I don't really know. Our only hope is a new album. It has to be a good album, like her first two were. If it's like Psych, it will just prolong the agony.

Junkmale
03-10-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm with Scruffydog and remain very very angry about the whole situation.
A few obvious points spring to mind.

1. Someone, somewhere must have known long before now that it wasn't going to happen? Why the late cancellation?

2. If it was due to poor ticket sales then move to a smaller venue, it's not rocket science.

I have a tale to tell of a not to dissimilar situation.
I am a big fan of a band from the Republic of Ireland called The Forget Me Nots. They split several years ago but had a series of reunion concerts in 2007. One of the dates was at the Limelight in Belfast.
With 3 days remaining it was cancelled due to some insurance issue with the venue.
What did the band do. They came anyway and played a 40 minute acoustic set on the street in front of the venue. It was fantastic.
That's dedication. That's the way to treat your fans.
Alizee (or her management) could easily have organised something else considering that they knew it was going to be cancelled a long time ago.
It's a real 'kick in the teeth' for her loyal fans. And let's face it we are loyal.
As i previously posted, i will buy the new album but my respect (and dare i say it) love and affection for her have gone.

LL Cool B
03-10-2009, 12:58 PM
My Simplistic View:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3646/3343894873_e6418a6332.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/29364204@N08/3343894873/)

BOOOO! : Canceled Concert

Hooray! : New Album

Ben
03-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Last week when the rumor first popped up that the concert might be cancellded, it struck me and I made a post to this effect the purpose of the after concert party wasn't "for the fans", it was because they saw there were a bunch of unsold tickets and they probably thought a lot of fans were holding back from buying tickets, waiting to see if the concert would actually take place this time. By announcing this party, they thought they would give fans the confidence they needed to buy tickets. But it was too little too late.
But Alizée's management had nothing to do with the party, it was a completely fan organized thing.

I don't think the cancellation's due only to ticket sales this time, since category one sold out weeks ago.

Scruffydog777
03-10-2009, 01:24 PM

I don't think the cancellation's due only to ticket sales this time, since category one sold out weeks ago.

It had to be ticket sales, it wouldn't make sense to cancel the concert for other reasons beacause if sales were doing well you would find a way to overcome all other obstacles, no matter who you had to fire. Everything should have been set up some time ago. The background singers and dancers. The musicians, the stage hands. Once again there is something they're not telling us

I thought Alizée had a closer connection with team Lillytown therefore I thought her managers had something to do with the after concert party. I guess I was wrong so I edited my earlier post to reflect this.

Scruffydog777
03-10-2009, 01:41 PM
[QUOTE=Junkmale;126578].
With 3 days remaining it was cancelled due to some insurance issue with the venue.
What did the band do. They came anyway and played a 40 minute acoustic set on the street in front of the venue. It was fantastic.
That's dedication. That's the way to treat your fans.
QUOTE]

One of the main reasons I went over to Paris in october after the concert was cancelled was I thought Alizée would show up to at least talk to these fans who made big financial sacrifices to see her. I think the young Alizée would have done that. But now she's married and has a baby. She didn't show up, so as I stated with my earlier post, you have to wonder what her commitment is to her career and her fans.

Junkmale
03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
You are correct Scruffydog.

I think we all have to remove our Alizee tinted glasses now and be brutally honest.

She dosen't care. It's as simple as that. Many don't seem to want to admit it, but it's true. Other arrangements could and should have been made.
I still love her, but just don't like her very much now.

Scruffydog777
03-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I've been working on a project for a while and didn't expect to finish until after the concert that was supposed to happen later in March. I still have a lot of work to do on it, adding several more stills and changing some stills already on it and checking to see if everything is in the right order chronologically. I also need to change the audio. I don't think I can legally use this audio and had plans to change it but after the concert cancellation I figured I'd post this early version in the hopes of cheering everyone up and reminding everyone why we are here. I should have spent the day cancelling the reservations I've already made and making new plans for my vacation but this is far better.

This is a chronological compilation of stills taken from videos of Alizée's performances, interviews, tv shows, etc from 1999 through 2003

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNqvIVD0pYQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNqvIVD0pYQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://rapidshare.de/files/46001146/Aliz_e___-___The_early_years_in_stills.mpg.html

LeFantôme
03-10-2009, 05:56 PM
For us it was a no brainer. My two girlfriends wanted to see Paris more than they wanted to see Alizée.
Rocket you are my hero. You clearly understand what it means to travel from the States to Paris. Don't get me wrong y'all: this is a terrible situation. But if you are going to spend a great sum of money to travel around the globe, to one of the world's most beautiful and historic cities, for a simple concert, then you need to get your priorities in order.
It is also all too easy to blame Alizée herself for this. The cause or causes could be anything; who can say? How do you know Alizée is not crying about this right now?
I have a friend named Freddy. He's from the Democratic Republic of Congo. He's lucky if he can afford to travel across town. He works two minimum wage jobs six days a week so that he can afford to live, get an education, and send money back to family members in Africa. A few years ago, before he came to the States, he watched his sister murdered, shot to death, before his very eyes. Who has the truly terrible situation?

Storms make roots deeper.
The hottest fires temper the strongest steel.
Sometimes you need to cut a branch to save the tree.
-Peace.

Ben
03-10-2009, 09:57 PM
It had to be ticket sales, it wouldn't make sense to cancel the concert for other reasons beacause if sales were doing well you would find a way to overcome all other obstacles, no matter who you had to fire.
Well if her career really is second priority like you say, maybe she is ready to forgo a concert over something like loosing a manager. I wouldn't be surprised if canceling costs more than playing to a not-quite-full auditorium (and again, according to ticket sites it was at least half sold), since unlike before they've gotta refund everyone's money. But I don't want to speculate. We got a letter this time, and I'd like to believe it's more or less truthful. Whether one finds it a good explanation or not is up to them. Personally, I'm too exhausted by it all to have much of an opinion.

Señor Villa
03-10-2009, 10:06 PM
To those that are going to Paris eventhough Alizée is not performing. The show must go on, enjoy one of the most beautiful cities in the world and have a time that you will remember always. :)

Tiwaz
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Good luck to all of you going to Paris anyway

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t28EUcTDLII&hl=sv&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t28EUcTDLII&hl=sv&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

pepelepew
03-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Alizee is the drug we are all addicted to. We are still chasing that first high. Doing the same things over and over expecting different results. Not as good as the first time, but still pretty damn good. Alizee is the classic beauty playing hard to get and the thrill is in the chase. Another pearl or the rantings of a madman. Take your choice! Expectations are always planned disappointments. Just a little humor with a hint of truth. In no way meant to deminish the understandable grief and concerns about Alizee's career that her fans are feeling right now, myself included. Alizee is lucky to have so many devoted fans from AA, LT, AF etc.:)

Roman
03-11-2009, 05:34 AM
<object width="425" height="344">
George Bush...</object>
That is just too embarrassing, for our nation. But it is encouraging in the sense that you can come off as a duffus multiple times and still be the president of the United States. That should give hope to bumblers everywhere. :p

@ Rachelizee, Scruffy, others- :confused: I would not fault you for being sceptical about the letter or her intentions or anything. I find it convincingly from her and choose to just believe it is what it appears to be. What else can I do? I think after the October cancelation it has been pretty pointless to question anything. We got the slap in the face wake up call back then. This? It's certainly disappointing still, but there's nothing more to learn. Yeah, the reason she gave was just another symptom of whatever business problems she's having, not a reason. She doesn't want to explain more... fine. That's how she is.

I do appreciate the letter. Her poetic and endearing flourishes were nice. It was nice to feel like we are being acknowledged as real human beings at least. Maybe it means some things are going to change. But yeah, they're just words. It is really only a start. I'll believe it when I see it.

As for Alizée and what she can or can't do or care about, well, ultimately she can only feel just so sorry about anything. She can't walk around feeling bad about her life and her decisions, even if it means ignoring her fans and career and consequences. Maybe that means this career is just a hobby. I don't know. If it's not good enough for you, then it's not. I have been given ample reason to stop expecting anything a long time ago and don't really care to question her business decisions anymore.

Many months ago I said, hey, I wanted to experience the Alizée I missed out on way back when and I wanted her to be successful for a long time to come... so, I got some of that, but after that it didn't work out. Whatever we get from now on is just gravy. That still stands. Thanks for being you, whatever that is, Alizée. Sing for me again someday.

bresil
03-11-2009, 07:58 AM
After this nightmare has past I could found the right word to express my feelings it is TRAUMA. I still love her, the music and talent and I hope to deal and survive with this felling of trauma.

techno_Millenium
03-11-2009, 08:23 AM
I still didn't receive any letter from Francebillet... Did you receive it?

On their website it already says "Annullée" :(

bresil
03-11-2009, 08:31 AM
You must send them a email [Suiviclient.francebillet@fnac.tm.fr] and you will receive some orientations, I did and going to send back my tickets.

Bigdan
03-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Alizee is the drug we are all addicted to. We are still chasing that first high. Doing the same things over and over expecting different results. Not as good as the first time, but still pretty damn good. Alizee is the classic beauty playing hard to get and the thrill is in the chase. Another pearl or the rantings of a madman. Take your choice! Expectations are always planned disappointments. Just a little humor with a hint of truth. In no way meant to deminish the understandable grief and concerns about Alizee's career that her fans are feeling right now, myself included. Alizee is lucky to have so many devoted fans from AA, LT, AF etc.:)

Totally right. I couldnt say it better myself... ;)

Dark Engine
03-11-2009, 09:05 AM
I didn't want to get too involved in this because I thought I'd piss some people off. But the way I see it, the real fans aren't going to let this effect their view of her. Yeah that's 2 concerts canceled, but at least she's working on a new album. My main attraction is the soothing effect her music has on my conflicted self. Unfortunately, her last album doesn't do anything for me. Regardless, I still like her all the same. Us real fans will have to FIDO and hope for the best.

ALS
03-11-2009, 09:28 AM
All I can say is we only know that the Concert is cancelled and the French promotion manager was fired. We don't have the details on why he or she was shown the door. One item that does come to mind is remember when some one asked Alizée why she didn't play in the U.S.? Her answer was the promoters were sharks.

Who says she didn't realize he or she was trying to rip her and Jeremy off putting on these shows and deep six-ed the concert.

Just my opinion on the situation. :cool:

Scruffydog777
03-11-2009, 11:10 AM
I was just wondering. Do you think any theater in Paris would be willing to let her book another concert. This has to be a big blow to the prestige of the Rex. I wouldn't think they would, unless her new album turns out to be a big success.

Bigdan
03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
I was just wondering. Do you think any theater in Paris would be willing to let her book another concert. This has to be a big blow to the prestige of the Rex. I wouldn't think they would, unless her new album turns out to be a big success.

And do you think she would agree to do the concert at my house, instead of the Rex, unless she can find a place... :D

I'd love to... :wub:

Scruffydog777
03-11-2009, 01:32 PM
And do you think she would agree to do the concert at my house, instead of the Rex, unless she can find a place... :D

I'd love to... :wub:

Hey count me in!
Wait a minute.....................how much will the tickets cost?

Scruffydog777
03-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Well after being off the past couple of days, I had to do a few errands today and hopped into my pickup. I don't have to tell you who's music automatically started playing on my cd player. As soon as I heard it, a big smile came across my face. I can't believe how much of an impact this beautiful young French woman has had on my life. I qouted that brilliant statesman George W. Bush earler in this thread when he said, "Fool me once.........shame on you................Fool me...............you can't get fooled again!". Well I'm going to add to that quote. " Fool me a third time or fool me a fourth or however many more times, I could never not be a fan.".

I'm no spring chicken and there's a lot of awesome singers who's music I've loved, i.e. Stevie Nicks, Shania Twain, Jewell, Dianna Ross (yes I'm that old), Celine Dione,Whitney Houston, Madonna, and so many others. The main difference being, after listening to their songs so many times, It started to get old. Not with Alizée. After two years of listening to her every day, it just doesn't get old.

I've been terribly, terribly disappointed twice in the past 6 months. I think her careeer has been awfully mismanaged since the start of her comeback. Wether she has anything to do with it or a lot to do with it, I have no idea.

I've been one of her biggest and harshest critics in the past when I thought some of my criticism might get back to her in time to do some good. In the past 6 or 7 months, I was not very critical, even to the point of avoiding confrontation with forum members I completely disagreed with because I thought it was too late and a lost cause to disagree.

But no matter how much I don't like the music of Psych, no matter how much I think her career is being terribly mismanaged, wether she has anything to do with it or not, no matter how much my feelings might be crushed by another concert cancellation, I could never stop being a fan, could never stop listening to her music, could never stop hoping to see her in concert.. She has just brought too much enjoyment into my life.

johnkim2222003
03-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi, Scruffydog,

I understand you 100% and might have the similar experiences as you had, but in a much less extent. I do not think I would be that devoting as you have been, but my kids indeed are starting to make fun of me, because of this devil girl.

Idéaliser
03-11-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm confused :confused:. Is the concert in march CANCELLED? :eek: Or is it just being moved to a later date or what? O_o:blink:

Customer1
03-11-2009, 02:43 PM
I'm confused :confused:. Is the concert in march CANCELLED? :eek: Or is it just being moved to a later date or what? O_o:blink:

As of right now, it's canceled for March 28th. Any future concerts, who knows, but don't expect it to be anytime soon if she just fired her manager.

It suck that it got canceled. I had to do future re-scheduling from school and work just so I can find time to go to the concert and now it isn't going to happen. I was already disappointed from the October one and now this one. I really don't know how to feel, I mean yeah I am angry, but at the same time you can only be angry so much. I hope the new album can bring some faith for me to keep believing in her.

Scruffydog777
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

I would think it was cancelled. To say it was moved to a later date would mean it would still occur at the Rex and I would think there is no way the managenent of the Rex would agree again to put if off to another date.

alizeeindia
03-11-2009, 02:44 PM
The main difference being, after listening to their songs so many times, It started to get old. Not with Alizée. After two years of listening to her every day, it just doesn't get old.

Yes thats true Scuffy, Alizee's music never gets old. And its not only us, who ever is attracted even a little towards her, becomes a devoted fan in a short time (mostly) as I hv seen. She definitely has something special.

Scruffydog777
03-11-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi, Scruffydog,

I understand you 100% and might have the similar experiences as you had, but in a much less extent. I do not think I would be that devoting as you have been, but my kids indeed are starting to make fun of me, because of this devil girl.

I work for a major airline here in Boston. I've been posting in a couple of different places here how many days it is to go and how many hours it is to go for her concerts. I've been made to look like a complete fool for what I've done and I couldn't care less. She is all that matters to me. My co-workers opinion means nothing to me. She is all that matters.

Srbski-kralj
03-11-2009, 04:41 PM
I agree with you scruffy, the cancalations was a surprise and a bit disapointing but i dont care, i still am and will be a huge fan of Alizee waht ever she decides to do. The psyc. album for me i like it alot, i mean i like all the albums but the pysc. album speeks to me. reason being is that she was the one that made it and not someone else.
And the songs are more in debth so to say.

Srbski-Kralj.

wolfram0790
03-11-2009, 06:46 PM
Well I read all this stuff days ago, and I don't blame Lilly at all, in fact I think it was good news. Finally she's getting rid of that lazy "manager" :D And of course the new album should be awesome too!

I really hope she can find a good, active manager, and not another lazy ******* like the one who almost ruined her career...

lefty12357
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
I just hope all this doesn’t hurt her relationship with the record industry. It’s pretty hard to put out albums when you don’t have a contract with a record company or a distribution deal. It’s all the more reason for her fans to stick with her and support her right now. It’s one thing to miss out on seeing her in concert. It’s quite another to never see or hear her again. Let’s hope this fourth album gets finished, released and promoted, and that it’s a big success.

Shoepick
03-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Right and all it takes is one song to be a hit for the whole album to be a success.. lets just hope Jérémy has had a stroke of genius. :)

Junkmale
03-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I must confess that i've been a lot more vocal than most in my criticism on this thread and i standby everything i have said on previous posts.
I'm a bit surprised that no one has berated me for my comments but there you are......
As i was driving home tonight i was listening to En Concert and had such a sense of disapointment. I know that a lot of the songs are not played anymore but now i have to acknowledge the fact that i will probably never hear that 'Merci' live and in the flesh.
I'll still go to Paris as everything is already booked and paid for but the trip is spoiled for me now.
So, if you see a down in the lip Northern Irishman hanging around the Eifel Tower do say hello.
I won't bite (well not unless you ask me too!)

JEP
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
I Am Still Going To Paris Since My Hotel Is Booked And Paid For. Hope To See You There Junkmale.

LL Cool B
03-11-2009, 08:15 PM
I must confess that i've been a lot more vocal than most in my criticism on this thread and i standby everything i have said on previous posts.
I'm a bit surprised that no one has berated me for my comments but there you are......
As i was driving home tonight i was listening to En Concert and had such a sense of disapointment. I know that a lot of the songs are not played anymore but now i have to acknowledge the fact that i will probably never hear that 'Merci' live and in the flesh.
I'll still go to Paris as everything is already booked and paid for but the trip is spoiled for me now.
So, if you see a down in the lip Northern Irishman hanging around the Eifel Tower do say hello.

You never know Junk, You might just be holding the door for someone and hear the unmistakable "Merci" and look up and see Lilly walking through giving you her patented finger wave and wink!

Moral of my story: Keep your head up and your eyes open!

LeFantôme
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
Any future concerts, who knows, but don't expect it to be anytime soon if she just fired her manager.

...unless she fired that manager for a super-cool high-tech new-and-improved one ;)

Alizée sang "Fan" by Pascal Obispo in Enfoirés 2008, you should all listen to and understand it. I couldn't find a translation of it online, so here is one by me. Link to song too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEJ6iOx2YdY

I have lived under some posters
To believe myself the only one to know
All of you.
I have gone to all the concerts
In dreaming of your appearance
Marylou [imaginary celebrity]

I wrote up some letters to France
Alone in silence
If I had not known how to write it
I would simply like to tell you

{Refrain:}
That if, if I exist
I exist
It's to be a fan
It's to be a fan
If I exist
My life, it's to be a fan
It's to be a fan
Without respite, day and night.

But who can say I love you? Thus I am...

I have known many hotels
In waiting for a sign, a gesture
From you.

I've gone through hell
Taken trains, crossed kilometers
To see you.

To give a name to a face
Behind a glass, a wire fence,
Something to hold on to
To make you understand before you go.

{Refrain}

But who can say I love you? Thus I am...

Who can say it exists?
And say it for life?

{Refrain}

It's to be a fan
It's to be a fan
If I exist
I exist
It's to be a fan
It's to be a fan

It's to be a fan
It's to be a fan
But who can say
I love you thus I am
But who can say
Thus I am
Thus I am
Who can say?
Who can say?
For life

I am a fan.

Idéaliser
03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
As of right now, it's canceled for March 28th. Any future concerts, who knows, but don't expect it to be anytime soon if she just fired her manager.

It suck that it got canceled. I had to do future re-scheduling from school and work just so I can find time to go to the concert and now it isn't going to happen. I was already disappointed from the October one and now this one. I really don't know how to feel, I mean yeah I am angry, but at the same time you can only be angry so much. I hope the new album can bring some faith for me to keep believing in her.

Ahh and I was very excited it was only like 20 days away :'(

Shoepick
03-11-2009, 09:30 PM
I am so incredibly pumped about the new album. I CANNOT stop thinking about it, think it will be out by the summer?

Rocket
03-11-2009, 10:02 PM

If you happen to see three American girls acting crazy, just act like you don't know us. Or just join in. :p BTW the name of the other two girls are Lili and Lindsey. Lindsey is the hip hop violin player on http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499&page=183

She is as crazy as she is talented. She also showed her talent on TV. She is awesome.

Srbski-kralj
03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
I am so incredibly pumped about the new album. I CANNOT stop thinking about it, think it will be out by the summer?

yeah man i cant wait eather lol, i also beliece its gona be soon. Still no word about it. Crazy thing couple of my buddies and i are probably gona go see Lili in mexico this april, just need to go se if i can call off from work. if so it will be crazy. :) Just need to remember not to drink the margarita again!!!!!.

Ben
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Just got an email from Francebillet about refunds. Added it to the first post.

To be paid back you need to send back the tickets you bought by phone or on the internet to the following adress :

Réseau France Billet Aubervilliers
Service VAD
45 av Victor Hugo - Bat 266
93538 LA PLAINE SAINT DENIS cedex

We encourage you to send back your tickets as soon as possible while keeping a copy of them by registered mail if possible.

If you had chosen a paiment by credit card you will be paid back automatically on your bank account as soon as we'll receive them.
If you had chosen a paiment by cheque you'll receive a cheque at the delivery address you gave us for your order.

If you bought your tickets in a shop we encourage you to go to the shop to be paid back.

Cordialement
Le Service Client

I also had some tickets still on will-call at Fnac. Contact them (http://www.fnacspectacles.com/contact.do) and they'll refund your credit card.

Scruffydog777
03-12-2009, 09:36 PM
Just got an email from Francebillet about refunds. Added it to the first post.

I also had some tickets still on will-call at Fnac. Contact them (http://www.fnacspectacles.com/contact.do) and they'll refund your credit card.

Thanks for the info!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
03-12-2009, 09:42 PM
You guys are probably way ahead of me, but I had not seen this 'til now.

French website cites low ticket sales as reason for cancellation:
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-67556.html

Text result from Google translate tool:
http://translate.google.com/translate_t#

Translation: French » English

Alizée cancel a second time the Grand Rex
While she was already producing them last year, the singer's concert was postponed due to lack of reservations, on 28 March. In recent days, it is definitely canceled.
Times are hard in the metropolis for the interpretation of "Moi ... Lolita" (Top 2 in 2000), here only because the singer receives a considerable success in Mexico, where his concerts in stadiums have sold-out! Strange fate for the former small protected Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat, uprooted in Corsica, his native island, following a television broadcast in 1999 ( "Graines de star") and now married to an ex - candidate of "Star Academy", Jérémy Chatelain.

Alizée, since it is in question, had already occurred on the stage of the Grand Rex in Paris on 23 October, following the release of his third album "Psychedelic" (a disc sold only 40 000 copies). The beautiful movie theater, when converted into concert hall, is not great, but the singer postponed her show at 28 March 2009 for lack of bookings. In recent days, a new dramatic turn of events, it simply cancels his concert scheduled in two weeks!

No next date has yet been officially communicated.

In addition to its undeniable talent as controversial as we knew Mylène Farmer excellent manager of his own career, image and "cliptorisation" understood. With the orbit of Alizée, barely 16 years old in 2000, it goes further, projecting a part of herself through this innocent young Corsican, found in 1999 when it won the competition TV "star seeds", led by Laurent Boyer M6. Endorsing the costume producer, Mylène illico knits him (to music by his accomplice Boutonnat Lawrence), a "Moi ... Lolita" including the single will sell for one and a half million copies. His first will also achieve Summits, and other distinctions and rain Awards will not only M6 and NRJ, but their counterparts from Russia, the Netherlands, Germany, Alizée's career started in Canada, Japan and even in Britain. Beginning in 2002, four million discs have been sold in Europe.

aDZ
03-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Only 40,000 copies? I guess that's in France.. :(

Wikipedia:
The album has sold 300,000 copies so far.

A huge drop nevertheless, She used to wear the title "highest-selling female French singer" :/

mavsluver41
03-13-2009, 07:35 PM
If you happen to see three American girls acting crazy, just act like you don't know us. Or just join in. :p BTW the name of the other two girls are Lili and Lindsey. Lindsey is the hip hop violin player on http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499&page=183

She is as crazy as she is talented. She also showed her talent on TV. She is awesome.

Whoa, you know her?! I remember seeing that video on Yahoo a few months ago and thinking, "Wow, that is awesome." I'm eager to hear some new stuff from her :).

Srbski-kralj
03-13-2009, 09:43 PM
Yeah she is preaty awesome, A master at the violin, same as Pizza on hte piano and guitar rocking it out to Lili.

Rocket
03-14-2009, 03:38 AM
Lindsey and I went to grade school together as well as ballet class. Her family moved from Chicago to Utah the summer before middle school started. We have kept in touch over the years and visit each other whenever we can. This video is of her on TV when she was 17. This was the first song she ever wrote. She even wrote the back up music as well.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIp_Q4DQ8uU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SIp_Q4DQ8uU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Rachelizee
03-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Well after much debate my friend Sarah and I will still be going to Paris.At the end of the day , as Rocket said , Paris is still Paris and despite knowing the city very well it's still great to visit.We are going on the dates I stated earlier (26/3 - 30/3) and are staying at the Eurostars Panorama hotel on Rue de Messageries.Hope that a few of you do still decide to go as it would be great to meet up with you all.

Dark Engine
03-14-2009, 07:35 AM
Lindsey and I went to grade school together as well as ballet class. Her family moved from Chicago to Utah the summer before middle school started. We have kept in touch over the years and visit each other whenever we can. This video is of her on TV when she was 17. This was the first song she ever wrote. She even wrote the back up music as well.

Saw t vid when you posted the other 1. Both are phenomenal but I liked this older 1 better. Hard to believe this was the first song she did.

lefty12357
03-14-2009, 11:42 AM
We're kind of drifting off-topic again, but I just have to add that I think Lindsey is very talented and I love what she's doing. I always loved the violin, but it's one instrument that I really have trouble learning how to play. I just can't get the bowing technique down. So anyway, I have a great appreciation for what she has accomplished.

Rocket
03-14-2009, 12:22 PM
You're right lefty, we are getting off topic. But then show me a thread that HASN'T drifted. :p We'll be arriving in Paris on 03/27 and leave on 03/30. We hope to hit the tower, a few museums and monuments. We may take one of the tour buses on the first day to see what is available. If we see something we would like to see up close, we'll make a mental note of it and discuss it that night. I wish we could stay longer because I would really love to go visit London again. I'll be vacationing in Paris again this summer and London is on my list along with seeing my realitives in Madrid, Spain.

Paenguin
03-14-2009, 01:40 PM
Yeah she is preaty awesome, A master at the violin, same as Pizza on hte piano and guitar rocking it out to Lili.

aou haven't exactly heard of Barrett's compulsive creations back in 08 have you. :p
He showed them to me recently and I was like, "Lol".

anyways, new album needs to be more progressive in my opinion, because she seems to like the experimentation.

You're right lefty, we are getting off topic. But then show me a thread that HASN'T drifted. We'll be arriving in Paris on 03/27 and leave on 03/30. We hope to hit the tower, a few museums and monuments. We may take one of the tour buses on the first day to see what is available. If we see something we would like to see up close, we'll make a mental note of it and discuss it that night. I wish we could stay longer because I would really love to go visit London again. I'll be vacationing in Paris again this summer and London is on my list along with seeing my realitives in Madrid, Spain.

Hi rocky. :p

Rocket
03-14-2009, 02:16 PM
OMG!! Paenguin!! Are you back now? I've missed you so much. We have got a lot of catching up to do.

Srbski-kralj
03-14-2009, 09:56 PM
hey Ricket u ladies planning on going over to the Aifler Tower. ( I know i spelled it wrong lol). All i can say is have fun on ur trip, try not to get into to much shananigans. (I know im misspelig that word again). :)

Rocket
03-14-2009, 11:03 PM
hey Ricket u ladies planning on going over to the Aifler Tower. ( I know i spelled it wrong lol). All i can say is have fun on ur trip, try not to get into to much shananigans. (I know im misspelig that word again). :)

That's the whole point of the trip. :p

Ben
03-15-2009, 04:26 AM
As much as I'd love to see you all, I can't really justify this trip for me after having been to Paris so many times and already seeing everything I want to there. So hope everyone still going has a great time, but I just cancelled my reservations.

Scruffydog777
03-15-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm cancelling my reservations too. I'm going to spend a week in Germany instead, starting in Berlin.

johnkim2222003
03-15-2009, 11:36 AM
Being the real Fans, we should not have the second thought in one second. Otherwise, the devil girl is able to sense you guys action. Be careful, hehe.

rcs
03-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Have fun Rocket. Post some pics.

Junkmale
03-24-2009, 08:37 PM
A quick word of warning!!
After returning my ticket as advised by Ticketnet (and against my better judgement) i got a call from Mastercard today.
Apparantley my card was used to buy some electrical equipment in Chile on Monday.
Could happen to anyone, at anytime i know but.....
Mastercard said that i should not have had to include my card details again when returning the ticket and should have contacted them directly for a refund. They also said that Ticketnet should not have asked for the card details again.
Hyndsight is a wonderful thing!

SimonH
03-25-2009, 01:22 AM
It sucks big time that this concert was canceled but there will be others so it is all good. I hope the new album she is working on is awesome.

Dark Engine
03-25-2009, 01:35 AM
After returning my ticket as advised by Ticketnet (and against my better judgement) i got a call from Mastercard today.
Apparantley my card was used to buy some electrical equipment in Chile on Monday.
Mastercard said that i should not have had to include my card details again when returning the ticket and should have contacted them directly for a refund. They also said that Ticketnet should not have asked for the card details again.

I thought them wanting the CC info again was a bit bizarre...

Ben
03-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Sorry Junkmale. Did you also receive the refund yet? Because the address is legit, so most likely your card number either got picked up some other way, or your letter was intercepted in the mail and never reached it's destination. Which is a danger, and why they shouldn't have asked for that info. But it's not a deliberate scam.

Ruroshen
03-25-2009, 01:51 AM

Sorry, dude. I did post a warning way back when, but it got lost in the shuffle of all the drama on the actual day. On the bright side, at least you won't be held liable for it.

Junkmale
03-25-2009, 06:48 PM
No refund as yet.
It looks like my letter may have been intercepted on the way to France?
I have telephoned Ticketnet but couldn't get anyone that spoke English and my French really isn't good enough to hold a full conversation.
It happens, it's one of those things but it's a nuisance now as i have a lot of Direct Debits and stuff on my credit card and now i'll have to change them all.
Mastercard will have iisued a new card and will probably refund the ticket price so all's well that ends well.
And there is a very happy chap in Chile who has very nice new Hi-Fi!

OGRE
03-29-2009, 07:00 PM
http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc81/lostogre/midlife/kisses.jpg

Mais les baisers d'Alizée
Sont de vraies gourmandises
:wub:

Edcognito
05-19-2009, 12:17 AM

?

Ed:cool:

Roman
05-19-2009, 04:31 AM

ouais, je suis sûr que c'est ça, mais bien sûr également, je ne le saurai jamais

wasabi622
05-19-2009, 04:21 PM
ouais, je suis sûr que c'est ça, mais bien sûr également, je ne le saurai jamais

what does that mean in english??? :blink:

i would use freetranslations.com, but that website sucks!(i've used it many a times for my spanish hw. :p)

Gh0sT
05-19-2009, 04:37 PM
yeah, I'm sure that's right, of course, but also, I do not know
At least according to Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/translate_t?hl=en&sl=fr&tl=en#) :) I highly recommend it. Best online translator I've found so far.

wasabi622
05-24-2009, 12:59 AM
what do you think are the chances of her having a concert for her new album somewhere in the US? or even Mexico?

Srbski-kralj
05-24-2009, 02:05 AM
in mexico its a bigger chance then here with us.

M'alizee
05-24-2009, 01:18 PM
in mexico its a bigger chance then here with us.

wait and see, i hope for an euopean tour. and maybe when i have money and there is a us or mexico tour maybe i come :D