PDA

View Full Version : Alizée Douceur, Alizée Colére

Myrddin
09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Hi
I have been watching the videos on this site for a while now and just decied to join.

I think I know the perfect song for Alizée to include in her next record. A week ago while watching Talladega Nights I became enchanted by a French version of the Rolling Stones' Paint it Black. I found out from the IMDB page that it's real song sung by Marie Laforet called "Marie Douceur, Marie Colére". While it has the same music and sound like Paint it Black, the lyrics are competely different. It is about two sides of Marie a soft side and an angry side. This why I think it's a perfect song for her to sing. I have read that Alizée is very shy and reserved, but has a hidden wild side.

What do you guys think?

Here is a link for those who never heard the song: Marie Douceur,Marie Colre (http://amongstlilacs.imeem.com/music/-NwvKgZI/marie_douceur_marie_colre/)

NANAKI
09-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Hi
I have been watching the videos on this site for a while now and just decied to join.

I think I know the perfect song for Alizée to include in her next record. A week ago while watching Talladega Nights I became enchanted by a French version of the Rolling Stones' Paint it Black. I found out from the IMDB page that it's real song sung by Marie Laforet called "Marie Douceur, Marie Colére". While it has the same music and sound like Paint it Black, the lyrics are competely different. It is about two sides of Marie a soft side and an angry side. This why I think it's a perfect song for her to sing. I have read that Alizée is very shy and reserved, but has a hidden wild side.

What do you guys think?

Here is a link for those who never heard the song: Marie Douceur,Marie Colre (http://amongstlilacs.imeem.com/music/-NwvKgZI/marie_douceur_marie_colre/)

welcome to the site hope you enjoy it

Spartan500
09-23-2006, 04:16 PM
welcome to the site and i just want alizee's new cd to come out soon also me and my friends were at go kart world yesterday and we keept doing our version of shake and bake lol

nurvonic
09-23-2006, 04:31 PM
hey welcome to the site Myrddin. wow surprisingly i can see Alizee singing this song lol

O Rly
09-23-2006, 04:32 PM
I think the song could fit her quite well...
Welcome to the site!

brad
09-23-2006, 04:52 PM
welcome to the website .. and alizee would be awesome singing that song :)

RMJ
09-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I don't see much of a reason to cover some old song for album. She'll have plenty of great songs of her own.

Moe
09-23-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't see much of a reason to cover some old song for album. She'll have plenty of great songs of her own.

QFT, and welcome to the site:D

DJ_Greg
09-23-2006, 05:36 PM

Well, it's done all the time, so I don't see a problem. Every song Alizée has covered sounds great. Ella, Elle La...Il Jouait Du Piano Debout...La Isla Bonita...

However, it would seem like copying if Alizée did another French version of "Paint It Black." It's a great song, but if she was going to do a cover, she should probably pick something else.

Maybe something by Beth Orton...I could see Alizée singing a French translation of "She Cries Your Name." Maybe... I don't really know why that song popped into my head. :confused:

aditya8617
09-23-2006, 05:43 PM
hi! Welcome to the site. I like your signature pic Moe, it rocks!

BlancZulu
09-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Alizee'll send any song she choses platina-high any day of the week!

DJ_Greg
09-23-2006, 05:54 PM
Haha...I have no idea what that means...

General Patton
09-23-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi welcome to the site!

Sir Wood
09-23-2006, 07:33 PM

Agree, but if she did, it would be a 100% better! :D

And welcome to the site!

RMJ
09-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Well, it's done all the time, so I don't see a problem.
Yes, but there's no need for Alizée to do it. She will have magnificent album without any cover songs. She can do the covers later in promotions if she feels like it.

Every song Alizée has covered sounds great. Ella, Elle La...Il Jouait Du Piano Debout...La Isla Bonita...

Of course they sounds great, it's Alizée singing them. She could cover Incy Wincy Spider and it still would sound amazing !

Bob
09-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Of course they sounds great, it's Alizée singing them. She could cover Incy Wincy Spider and it still would sound amazing !

haha i would love to hear that!

DJ_Greg
09-23-2006, 09:25 PM
Haha, me too!