PDA

View Full Version : Alizee Cd's

NANAKI
09-23-2006, 11:35 PM
I have great news everyone just came back from Barnes & Nobles and ordered her two cd's intwo weeks I will order the dvd. It is 9/23/06 10:34 PM so excited will probably recieve them by the end of the week he said five days or so at the store will notify when recieved. :D :D :p :p

jeroh
09-24-2006, 12:42 AM
nice one :)

riva2model64
09-24-2006, 01:25 AM
good NANAKI

I bought one the other day,
1-2 day airmail, but it not come 3 days since it shipped out?

RMJ
09-24-2006, 02:40 AM
I know excatly how you feel !

It's so exciting to wait new Lili CDs to arrive !

http://3rdw.net/temp/lilialbums.jpg

riva2model64
09-24-2006, 03:36 AM
impressive collection mibir!
you have the MCE cassette too even?
wasnt' that sold to russia only or something?
where do you buy this stuff from?

I believe I just bought one of the very last Gourmandises Remixées album available on the internet

RMJ
09-24-2006, 03:50 AM
impressive collection mibir!
you have the MCE cassette too even?
wasnt' that sold to russia only or something?
where do you buy this stuff from?

Mibir ? :)

And that's just tiny piece of the collection. I just grabbed the CDs lying around next to amplifier. :)

There's several version of MCE cassette. Atleast French, International, Russian and Polish versions exist. Also Epyptian version exists, altho, it's pretty much same as the International. Also, some version was sold in Asia (don't have much info about it but I have seen photos long ago).

I have French and Egyptian version of the MCE cassette.

rcs
09-24-2006, 05:41 AM
Nice collection RMJ. I think I need to order some more Lili CDs myself. I only have her two CDs and DVD. Her singles hopefully will suffice, since I can't wait for her new material.

HibyPrime
09-24-2006, 10:49 AM
lol I don't have any of the CDs..

If they sold them in any stores around here I would buy em..

Twitch
09-24-2006, 12:26 PM
They don't sell the CD's in Toronto, even her 2 main albums? That sucks, at least here in New Brunswick they had the Gourmandises CD for sale back in 2001 or 2002. The province is officially bilingual and I grew up in a city literally across a river from the province of Québec so there are a lot more French people here, don't know how popular it was though. Don't remember seeing Mes Courants Electriques anywhere, but I was in university out of province when it came out.

HibyPrime
09-24-2006, 12:34 PM
They don't sell the CD's in Toronto, even her 2 main albums? That sucks, at least here in New Brunswick they had the Gourmandises CD for sale back in 2001 or 2002. The province is officially bilingual and I grew up in a city literally across a river from the province of Québec so there are a lot more French people here, don't know how popular it was though. Don't remember seeing Mes Courants Electriques anywhere, but I was in university out of province when it came out.

If their single wasn't played on much-music, you can expect to search for a long time to find that artists CD.

People around here scoff at non-mainstream music, it makes me sick. Edit: I should add that Hindi and Chinese (all chinese languages) music is considered main stream around here, eventhough much music does not touch it.

One of my friends thinks Linkin Park is borderline indie.....................

Twitch
09-24-2006, 12:46 PM
But the very first time I heard about Alizée was on FrenchKiss, on MuchMusic, I don't usually watch it often complaining that they have MusiquePlus for playing French music but when I turned on the TV Moi Lolita was playing I liked the song so waited to see who it was by, and it was about a year though before I could get any of her other songs, except the vids and samples of the website, talk about frustating. But ya if its not on heavy rotation most stores don't bother with it here either, guess the label wanted to test the French markets in Canada, but most people in Quebec tend not to be very supportive of artists from outside the province, maybe why she never bothered to come here...

DJ_Greg
09-24-2006, 01:17 PM
If their single wasn't played on much-music, you can expect to search for a long time to find that artists CD.

People around here scoff at non-mainstream music, it makes me sick. Edit: I should add that Hindi and Chinese (all chinese languages) music is considered main stream around here, eventhough much music does not touch it.

One of my friends thinks Linkin Park is borderline indie.....................

:rolleyes:

Moe
09-24-2006, 01:25 PM
my collection until now:
http://www.uaehitman.com/monpics/Photo000.jpg

still to come:
J'en ai marre - Maxi CD [Maxi]
A Contre-Courant [CD Single]
En Concert [Live] [CD audio]
L Alize [CD Single]
I'm Not Twenty [CD SINGLE]
Moi Lolita [Audio CD]
Moi Lolita [Single]
Mon Bain De Mousse

HibyPrime
09-24-2006, 01:41 PM
But the very first time I heard about Alizée was on FrenchKiss, on MuchMusic, I don't usually watch it often complaining that they have MusiquePlus for playing French music but when I turned on the TV Moi Lolita was playing I liked the song so waited to see who it was by, and it was about a year though before I could get any of her other songs, except the vids and samples of the website, talk about frustating. But ya if its not on heavy rotation most stores don't bother with it here either, guess the label wanted to test the French markets in Canada, but most people in Quebec tend not to be very supportive of artists from outside the province, maybe why she never bothered to come here...

french kiss is on at like 9am here.. noone watches it lol

It's nice to know that they did play it at one point though

my collection until now:
http://www.uaehitman.com/monpics/Photo000.jpg

Nice collection

Twitch
09-24-2006, 01:54 PM
Nice Moe, is your asian import of Mes Courant Electriques the single CD, or the 2CD version that has a mousepad and postcard size photographs? The second cd is a CD-Rom with videos on it, amazon.ca in Canada sells it for about $28 Canadian. Was curious about the video quality if you had it...

Moe
09-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Mes Courant Electriques the single CD ...

RMJ
09-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Nice Moe, is your asian import of Mes Courant Electriques the single CD, or the 2CD version that has a mousepad and postcard size photographs?
Photocards, not photographs. They are size of the CD booklet.

The second cd is a CD-Rom with videos on it, amazon.ca in Canada sells it for about $28 Canadian. Was curious about the video quality if you had it...
Much better quality is on captured videos. The video on VCD is hall frame resolution compressed with MPEG1 if I remember right.

Moe
09-27-2006, 03:01 PM
got some of my stuff today : ACC, JEAM & ML

http://www.uaehitman.com/monpics/Photo002.jpg

Bob
09-27-2006, 05:04 PM
got some of my stuff today : ACC, JEAM & ML

http://www.uaehitman.com/monpics/Photo002.jpg

wow moe... nice.... (jealous...)

Moe
09-28-2006, 01:10 AM
*hides his collection*

RMJ
09-28-2006, 01:33 AM
Nice little collection. :)

But the the DVDs are on ACC blocking the view... :(

NANAKI
10-01-2006, 09:32 PM
I have some depressing news my cd's were delayed and won't be here until Oct. 9 next monday :mad: :mad: :eek: :(

so to cheer myself up I went and bought Ten Thousand Fists

cane17
10-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Dude that sucks but at lest there coming btw heres my little collection

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/cane17/100_5940.jpg

I know its little for now but i really need to get the Gourmandises CD

riva2model64
10-01-2006, 10:49 PM
*hides his collection*

nice collection Moe! don't worry we not steal from you
unfortunately, your music player site is no working?
http://www.uaehitman.com/alizee/

sry RMJ i meant you

NANAKI
10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
nice collection Moe! don't worry we not steal from you
unfortunately, your music player site is no working?
http://www.uaehitman.com/alizee/

sry RMJ i meant you

actually it is working

General Patton
10-01-2006, 11:49 PM
you want to see my collection? It just all on my hard drive LOL

Moe
10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
i got En Concert and Moi Lolita Cd's today!!! (well yesterday by now)

and to patton... its different when you have something physical ...we all have our own collection of Alizee on our hard drives ( and I'm sure everyone has a bigger collection than yours) :D

General Patton
10-02-2006, 07:36 PM

and to patton... its different when you have something physical ...we all have our own collection of Alizee on our hard drives ( and I'm sure everyone has a bigger collection than yours) :D
.........................................:(

Bob
10-02-2006, 08:56 PM
.........................................:(

well it is true

Sir Wood
10-02-2006, 11:36 PM

LMAO Moe! I only have Gourmandises & MCE (that came with the bonus tracks and VCD). The remixes I just go to Moe's stream and dvtq's. :cool:

spysmasher
10-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I've got both her studio albums, no concert cd or dvd ... yet! No singles yet, either. But the first Alizee cd I got was MTV's Music History collection, which is just a compilation of tracks from the two studio albums. One listen to that one was enough to convince to get the studio albums!

RMJ
10-04-2006, 11:40 AM
The MTV cd is Russian bootleg (tho, one of the best of them in quality).

spysmasher
10-04-2006, 12:08 PM
The MTV cd is Russian bootleg (tho, one of the best of them in quality).

Didn't know that. I bought it off ebay.

RMJ
10-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Yea, it's often sold there.

spysmasher
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Some sellers on ebay will say that their cd's are not bootleg. I don't rember if the seller I bought that one from made such a claim. In any case, I'm inclined to be more skeptical about such claims now. Is there any way to tell if a cd you're looking at is bootleg or not? I don't want to be buying bootleg Alizee cd's because I want her to benefit as much as possible from each purchase that I make.

RMJ
10-05-2006, 02:31 AM
Well, it's easy to tell that this CD is bootleg since it has never been actually released. There's lots of such CDs in Russia and China (and few other countries, but those two are the main sources).

If you want to make sure that you are buying official releases, then refer to some list on the fan sites. Like for example the support page on Le Nid d'Alizée (which is pretty complete):
http://www.nidalizee.com/discographie/discographie_albums.htm

It's in French of course, but that shouldn't stop you to watch the images. :) There is dedicated sections for each album and single. Listing almost all the official releases, including promotional items.

However... There might be missing couple rare promo compilations that were released by various magazines. But those compilations are never "just-Alizée". They have also other artists in them. And they are quite rare.

So, if you see CD that isn't on Le Nid d'Alizée, and the CD only contains Alizée's songs, the you can be quite sure it's bootleg.

NANAKI
10-05-2006, 04:57 PM
They finally came YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY :D :D :D :D

iPod now-
songs: 1600
days: 4.9
size: 6.41GB

Audio: 6.41GB
Video: 425MB
Photos: 6.7MB (all of them Alizée and my sig)

spysmasher
10-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the info about bootlegs, RMJ. I'll be a more careful shopper hereafter!

ipoh
10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
I got my cd from fye.com

http://shop.fye.com/searchresults.aspx?search_store=54&qu=alizee

pretty good price if you ask me.

overstock.com has good selection too

http://overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2.cgi?PAGE=ENDECA&SearchType=HP_Header&N=0&keywords=alizee

I think both sites are a bit cheaper than amazon.com but get concert DVD fom amazon.com only $15.99 cheapest around.

NANAKI
10-08-2006, 12:07 AM
I just ordered En Concert CD and Mes Courants
Electriques [Bonus Track] cd should be here in about a week I will keep you guys posted

Twitch
10-08-2006, 01:13 AM
Nice Nanaki, I still have to get the concert DVD. I did download the 7.76GB DVD ISO but it's not the same, well it is, but just not morally. Just waiting until a few more of the CD's I want show up so I only have to pay one international shipping fee. Unless I find it from a Canadian seller, this country loves to charge excessive duties and taxes (14%inNB) on everything imported...

NANAKI
10-12-2006, 04:57 PM
They came today so happy yay