PDA

View Full Version : A Contre Courant - Live

nurvonic
09-24-2006, 03:28 AM
A Contre Courant - Live

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/519g9_byN9I"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/519g9_byN9I" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<div><object width="425" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/4q2xIqhIdpxt03N09"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/4q2xIqhIdpxt03N09" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="334" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjd11_alizee-disques-dor">Alizée Disques d'or </a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/isa30">isa30</a></i></div>

Alizée - 2003-12-27 - Performance - A Contre-Courant - Disques D'Or.m2v - 279.1 MB
Part1: http://rapidshare.de/files/16140916/A_Contre-Courant_-_Disques_D_Or.part1.rar.html
Part2: http://rapidshare.de/files/16140923/A_Contre-Courant_-_Disques_D_Or.part2.rar.html
Part3: http://rapidshare.de/files/16140919/A_Contre-Courant_-_Disques_D_Or.part3.rar.html

O Rly
09-24-2006, 09:58 AM
She looks so beautiful in this one. Too bad she didn't sing live, though.

NANAKI
09-24-2006, 12:38 PM
nurovnic love this video have it download on my ipod I always did like the way she looked in all of the A Contre Courant videos she is so beautiful as it says below above my sig

DJ_Greg
09-24-2006, 01:19 PM
So, what is this "Alizée" everyone keeps talking about? The alcohol?

By the way...the girl in that video is HOT.

General Patton
09-24-2006, 02:34 PM
That video was great! I love that song!

aFrenchie
09-24-2006, 02:46 PM
A Contre Courant - Live
For your info, the guy you can see applauding in the very first seconds (0:01-0:02) is Laurent Voulzy, the author of "Rockollection" in 1977 that Alizée sings here (http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=57) (he was younger in 77! :D)

nurvonic
09-25-2006, 01:52 AM
thanks for that info aFrenchie. seriously? he was younger in 77? lol

aFrenchie
09-25-2006, 08:10 AM
seriously? he was younger in 77? lol
Hehe. Ok, I meant that he looked younger in 77 :)

nurvonic
10-16-2006, 02:03 AM
eh, im just moving this video to the top of the list cuz its my favorite a contre courant performance:)

riva2model64
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
this is very rocking. . .

imho ACC should of been the first song they promoted upon Alizée's reapppearance (in stead of JEAM)

again thats just my opinion, but I do have my reasons

rwd716
10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
After seeing the official vid, ACC became one of my top three!

nurvonic
12-24-2006, 07:28 PM
ive added this little interview after her performance. feel free to translate if you want;)

bt_bird_90
12-24-2006, 07:45 PM
that interview was awsome, thanks a bunch for adding it, best Christmas Eve present ever!

and I understood it for the most part too

nurvonic
12-24-2006, 07:53 PM
well what are you waiting for. get to translating..lol

aFrenchie
12-26-2006, 03:17 PM
ive added this little interview after her performance. feel free to translate if you want;)
As usual, here's the French transcription first. I've just posted my translation to garçoncanadien so he can improve my English before I post it here then...

French:
[Flavie] ...nelle de fin d'année. Bonsoir Alizée.
[Alizée] Bonsoir
[Flavie] Ça va ?
[Alizée] Oui, très bien
[Flavie] Alors je le disais tout à l'heure Alizée, vous avez démarré votre carrière, alors là pour le coup, sur les chapeaux de roue avec l'album Gourmandises. Ça a été un véritable coup de foudre entre le public français et vous. Ça s'était vendu à combien de...
[Fabrice] D'albums ? Plus d'un million d'exemplaires. Et alors tous les singles ont marché en plus, hein ?
[Flavie] Oui c'est ça. Disque de diamants. Alors oui ?
[Fabrice] Il y a eu quatre singles qui ont tous été disques d'or, c'est impressionnant.
[Flavie] Ouais, la totale. Ce nouvel album, Mes Courants Électriques, apparemment va suivre la même, le même chemin
[Alizée] Ben on espère
[Flavie] En tout cas c'est ce qu'on lui souhaite. Quel effet, comme ça, de cumuler les récompenses du public ?
[Alizée] Ben ça fait toujours chaud au cœur et de savoir surtout que le public est fidèle parce que quand on fait un premier album, on a toujours peur que le deuxième album, ben que le public ne suive pas et euh.. j'ai beaucoup de chance parce que le public est fidèle avec moi et je le remercie.
[Flavie] Quels sont les chanteurs français que tu as aimés particulièrement cette année, qui t'ont particulièrement touchée ?
[Alizée] Ben il y a beaucoup... beaucoup de nouveautés cette année. J'aime beaucoup Diam's et euh.. parce que je suis fan de son album que j'écoute souvent
[Flavie] C'est bien parti aussi au niveau des ventes hein ? C'est récent mais...
[Fabrice] Ah bien sûr, c'est DJ [??? not sure he means that]
[Flavie] Oui exactement
[Alizée] Et puis ma petite préférée, c'est Jenifer
[Flavie] Et la petite préférée, c'est Jenifer. Jenifer ? Son dernier album a fait un carton ?
[Fabrice] Ah ben aussi oui, c'est impressionnant oui. Je crois que c'est sept cent mille albums, donc double disque de platine. L'album Jenifer.
[Flavie] Voilà Alizée a les mêmes goûts que vous dans le public qui achetez ces disques. Cette soirée, c'est une progression de disques d'or vers ceux de diamants donc plus d'un million d'exemplaires vendus. Euh, selon toi Alizée, qui est recordman des ventes de 2003 ? Qui a vendu le plus de disques cette année ?
[Alizée] Alors j'ai deux petites idées. Euh, peut-être Renaud ou peut-être Patrick Bruel avec son dernier album, "Entre-deux"
[Flavie] On verra bien. Tout ça c'est pour la fin de cette émission
[Alizée] D'accord
[Flavie] Merci beaucoup d'être venue Alizée...
[Alizée] Ben merci
[Flavie] ...on retrouve "À Contre Courant". Le deuxième album d'Alizée, c'est "Mes Courants Électriques", euh ben c'est dans les bacs après avoir sillonner la France depuis la fin du mois d'août, eh ben il y aura la scène du Zénith, Wow, attention le Zénith de Paris le 17 janvier, prenez date ! Merci beaucoup Alizée.

English:
[Flavie] ...end of year. Good evening Alizée.
[Alizée] Good evening
[Flavie] Are you doing well?
[Alizée] Yes, very well
[Flavie] So, I was just saying a moment ago, Alizée, you started your career, well I must say, on the fast track with the album Gourmandises. It's been a real love at first sight between the French audience and you. It sold, how many...
[Fabrice] How many albums? More than one million copies. And all singles did well too, eh?
[Flavie] Yes that's it. Disc of diamonds. So, yes?
[Fabrice] Four singles have been released, which have all been discs of gold, it's impressive.
[Flavie] Yeah, all of them. This new album, Mes Courants Électriques, is apparently going to follow the same route
[Alizée] We hope so
[Flavie] Anyway that's what we hope for it. How does it feel to receive all these rewards from the audience?
[Alizée] Well, it always warms my heart and knowing above all that the audience is faithful because when you make a first album, you always fear that that the second one, well that the audience won't still like it and err.. I'm very lucky because the audience is faithful to me and I thank them.
[Flavie] Who are the French singers that you have particularly enjoyed this year, who have particularly touched you?
[Alizée] Well there were a lot... a lot of new things this year. I like Diam's a lot and err... because I'm a fan of her album, that I listen to very often
[Flavie] Sales started very well too eh? It's recent but...
[Fabrice] Of course, it's DJ [??? not sure he means that]
[Flavie] Yes exactly
[Alizée] And my little favorite is Jenifer
[Flavie] And the little favorite is Jenifer. Jenifer? Her last album was a hit?
[Fabrice] Yes also, it's impressive yes. I think it sold 700,000 copies, so double disc of platinum. The Jenifer album.
[Flavie] So Alizée has the same tastes as you in the audience, who buy those discs. This evening, we see this album progress from discs of gold to discs of diamonds, so more than one million copies sold. Er, in your opinion, Alizée, who's the record holder of sales in 2003? Who sold the most discs this year?
[Alizée] Well, I have two little ideas. Err, maybe Renaud or maybe Patrick Bruel with his latest album, "Entre-deux"
[Flavie] We'll see that indeed. All this is for the end of this show
[Alizée] Ok
[Flavie] Thanks a lot for coming Alizée...
[Alizée] Well thank you
[Flavie] ...we'll hear "À Contre Courant" again. The second album by Alizée is "Mes Courants Électriques", err well it's in all stores, after sweeping across France since August, and well there will be the stage of le Zénith. Wow, watch out, le Zénith de Paris on January 17th, make your reservation! Thanks a lot Alizée.

Note to reader: The discs of ______ are various Music Awards in France. They are awarded based on how many discs you sell.

aFrenchie
12-28-2006, 09:02 AM
I have added the English translation above. Thanks garçoncanadien for improving my English! :)

brad
12-28-2006, 09:08 AM
thanks aFrenchie :D

nurvonic
12-28-2006, 09:24 AM
thanks aFrenchie. your services are very much appreciated!

aFrenchie
12-28-2006, 09:52 AM
BTW, are my transcriptions of the original French useful for some people here? (even if it's only one of you, I'll keep on doing it anyway because I prefer to translate from the original written down).
I ask because I'm sure that if you follow them while playing the video in the background, I'm sure it will help a lot those of you who want to improve their pronunciation of the French language. Better than any book lessons (although they're useful too of course!)

neoteny
12-28-2006, 10:09 AM
i think youre bustin your ass. and doin a good job at it. i find it useful. im reading (rather studying) from this old highschool book and lemme tell ya, it sucks. everythings is french and i cant understand a damn thing...hehe

brad
12-28-2006, 10:58 AM
BTW, are my transcriptions of the original French useful for some people here? (even if it's only one of you, I'll keep on doing it anyway because I prefer to translate from the original written down).
I ask because I'm sure that if you follow them while playing the video in the background, I'm sure it will help a lot those of you who want to improve their pronunciation of the French language. Better than any book lessons (although they're useful too of course!)

it is a huge help having the original French. I don't know about everyone else, but when I hear French, the words never end up being anything close to how I imagine them being spelled. And they all seem to run together for me when I am listening to it. Being able to read along helps a lot.

zpa
12-28-2006, 11:57 AM
It does help a lot. I think its prolly the fastest way to learn to recognize spoken words and proper pronounciation. Good job! :)

CFHollister
12-28-2006, 05:12 PM
it is a huge help having the original French. I don't know about everyone else, but when I hear French, the words never end up being anything close to how I imagine them being spelled. And they all seem to run together for me when I am listening to it. Being able to read along helps a lot.

Exactly! A lot of the time when I listen to Alizée songs I try to follow along with the French just so I can learn to sing along.

Cooney
12-28-2006, 08:08 PM

Yes Yes Yes! The transcriptions in French are hugely valuable!

Being able to follow along in the French text as it is spoken helps me hear the word breaks and lets me know what I'm listening for in the future, so I can hear it without transciption later. Also, it helps me learn expressions and phrases that I wouldn't otherwise know, which don't translate literally. If I hear a set of words I don't recognize and see them translated a certain way, I'll assume it was literal and that I just mis-heard. If I see what's written, I can piece together idiomatic and figurative expressions much more effectively.

Actually, if you get a chance, there is one very brief bit of transcription I was wondering if you could do for me; at the beginning of the Moi... Lolita music video, I can not hear what the "mother" is saying to Alizée well enough to try to understand it. I'm happy to do my own translation, but I can't even hear the French! Any chance of getting a written version of those couple lines the mom says?

aFrenchie
12-29-2006, 08:31 AM
Actually, if you get a chance, there is one very brief bit of transcription I was wondering if you could do for me; at the beginning of the Moi... Lolita music video, I can not hear what the "mother" is saying to Alizée well enough to try to understand it. I'm happy to do my own translation, but I can't even hear the French! Any chance of getting a written version of those couple lines the mom says?
French:
Ah, t'es là, toi.
(inaudible as she's touching her cheek)
T'es vraiment qu'une sale petite trainée... T'es vraiment fagotée comme une poufiasse. T'étais où ?! Dégage, dégage ! J'veux plus te voir ! Dégage !

English:
Ah, so here you are.
You really are a dirty little whore. You're really decked out like a slut. Where were you?! Clear off, clear off! I don't want to see you anymore! Clear off!

You can improve my English version. The original is full of (vulgar) slang so you should translate better than me! :)
(note, I'm not absolutely sure of the last "Dégage !". Quite sure because of the context but the word isn't very clear)

EDIT: used Cooney's suggestions in the English part.

Cooney
12-29-2006, 08:54 AM
French:
Ah, t'es là, toi.
T'es vraiment qu'une sale petite trainée... T'es vraiment fagotée comme une poufiasse. T'étais où ?! Dégage, dégage ! J'veux plus te voir ! Dégage !

English:
Ah, so here you are.
You really are a little dirty whore. You really are dressed like a prostitute. Where were you?! Clear off, clear off! I don't want to see you anymore! Clear off!

You can improve my English version. The original is full of (vulgar) slang so you should translate better than me! :)
(note, I'm not absolutely sure of the last "Dégage !". Quite sure because of the context but the word isn't very clear)

Thanks a bunch! I knew it was hostile, but I hadn't realized quite how horribly demeaning and vicious the mother was. Ironically, the one part I thought I could hear, "T'étais où ?!" I misheard as "Taissez-vous !" Of course, had I been thinking about it, I would have remembered that the mother would never use "vous," it couldn't have been that.

The only change I would make to make your translation completely valid in English is I would make it "dirty little whore" instead of "little dirty whore." Both are technically correct, but "dirty little" is a very classic American usage, typically followed by any number of insults.

The rest fits as is, though obviously it can be made slangier and more vulgar sounding. Checking on the literal translations, I'm guessing the intent of the second sentence would come out as something similar to "You're really decked out like a slut," which means the exact same thing, but sounds a hell of a lot more insulting.

aFrenchie
12-29-2006, 09:07 AM
I misheard as "Taissez-vous !" Of course, had I been thinking about it, I would have remembered that the mother would never use "vous," it couldn't have been that.
You mean "Taisez-vous" ("shut up")?
And yes, no way the mother uses "vous" :D

"dirty little" is a very classic American usage, typically followed by any number of insults.
Like "sale petite ..." in French. I inverted the order because adjectives are often placed the other way around in English. It must be an exception here ;)

Checking on the literal translations, I'm guessing the intent of the second sentence would come out as something similar to "You're really decked out like a slut," which means the exact same thing, but sounds a hell of a lot more insulting.
I've edited my post to use your two suggestions...

Cooney
12-29-2006, 09:13 AM
You mean "Taisez-vous" ("shut up")?
And yes, no way the mother uses "vous" :D

Errr, yes! One "s" :-P

Like "sale petite ..." in French. I inverted the order because adjectives are often placed the other way around in English. It must be an exception here ;)

I saw that. Every time we think we have a good rule, we find something that breaks it!

I've edited my post to use your two suggestions...

I'm honored, it usually happens the other way around! :p

Even with the bass turned off, the treble cranked up, and the words in front of me, I'm still not able to follow most of what she says! I guess I'd better not piss off any French women while I've got background noise around me... I'll never understand what they're calling me ::grins::

Really, with the "mother" going off like that, it doesn't surprise me the little girl that was playing the sister was having trouble shooting the scene. She's very young, and it must be hard being hollered at like that when you don't understand what is happening.

aFrenchie
12-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Even with the bass turned off, the treble cranked up
Don't worry, I had to do the same, and even had to use my headphones to get everything because the music is way too loud.

Cooney
12-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Don't worry, I had to do the same, and even had to use my headphones to get everything because the music is way too loud.

I figured out a way to clear it up a little - well enough at least that I can make out words.

I don't know if you have equalizer software (égaliseur, en français ?) on your computer, but if so, it helps. I knocked out all my low ranges, and then most importantly, I took out my 4k range. That seems to be the closest to Alizée's voice, so it really dropped out the vocal a lot. I turned up the 2k to max (which picked up the mother's voice), and the 8k about half way (too high and it becomes static).

I was also able to take out my bass even more with my mixer software - I forgot for a minute that I had both software and hardware controls on my sound.

aFrenchie
12-29-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't know if you have equalizer software (égaliseur, en français ?) on your computer
My computer is linked with my hifi system which has one (yes it's "égaliseur" in French). And when I use my headphones with my PC, it's via the hifi system anyway. Although I didn't put the equalizer on this time (for the "mother"'s quotes)

Cooney
12-29-2006, 10:08 AM
My computer is linked with my hifi system which has one (yes it's "égaliseur" in French). And when I use my headphones with my PC, it's via the hifi system anyway. Although I didn't put the equalizer on this time (for the "mother"'s quotes)

Coolness :-) I don't have any form of equalizer for anything other than my computer - my stereo system is very basic, to say the least.

I'm hoping to buy a stage-style sound board some time this year, and will patch all my computer's speakers through it, so I can really play with stuff. For the moment though, I only have software :-/

marik
07-16-2007, 05:02 AM
hey anyone can give me link to the 1st and 2nd vid download link?
cant find it anywhere! :(