PDA

View Full Version : Get The Word Out About Alizee

rcs
09-25-2006, 09:50 AM
Okay folks. How many new people have you introduced to Alizee this week? :p

O Rly
09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
Two. One of them said she's ok, the other one went and downloaded her cd's.

vctralca
09-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Nice :D i already told my friends and i get some good responses now i am trying to get the local tv station put some videos or information about her , no luck till now but i ll keep trying its good to post some threads about her in different forums

jeroh
09-25-2006, 12:41 PM
mmm i already told to a lot a friend's..

jaco
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
Personally I don't really recommend her through word of mouth. What I have done is work on the Wikipedia article and make it as good as it is now. I haven't done much work on it recently, mainly because there is nothing new happening, and we've got the old facts pretty much covered (at least for the facts where we can find reliable sources to back it up).

I think one thing that we should think about is setting up a link for moi-alizee.us on digg.com ... But then we need to really publicise it so that we we have enough diggs to get to the front page... everyone here would have to register an account and digg it. Once it is there, that should mean that thousands of people will find out about Alizée.

Another thing that worked well in the past was when the "Shake" video was in the Google Video "Top 100". But we can't really force this. Looking at the sad state of the videos in the top 100, they could really use some Alizée vids in there....

EDIT: Yes, I am a geek :)

Twitch
09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Getting the word out is important, but we also need to show support by actually buying her CD's. Case in point when Gourmandises went international it was released in Canada, unfortunately with next to zero PR so sales were low and none of her other CD's were released here until the I'm Not Twenty Remixes.

nurvonic
09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Ive told several of my civilian friends back home, none of whom could care less about Alizee. i even told them about this website...i think they visited it once and never came back to it. they're more into hardcore rock than anything else, and thought i was a crazy man for liking Alizee. I've told my army buddy, who's stationed in El Paso Texas right now. He actually liked Alizee's music and started downloading it....i dunno where he is with that anymore since i havent talked to him in months. My brother, obviously...you can tell from his drawings. My friend Mike L....he's more into RPG's than anything else (freaking dork). And ive told ALOT of my navy buddies and they like her alot. I havent tried the requesting Alizee songs on the local radio stations yet. That sounds like an idea

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/3843/nurvattemptjtp9.jpg

brad
09-25-2006, 03:05 PM
I think one thing that we should think about is setting up a link for moi-alizee.us on digg.com ... But then we need to really publicise it so that we we have enough diggs to get to the front page... everyone here would have to register an account and digg it. Once it is there, that should mean that thousands of people will find out about Alizée.

you are EXACTLY right ... Digg is the answer. If we can get 50 people with digg accounts, to all be ready and digg some story at the same time ... we can easily get Alizee on the homepage of digg. That alone would be a HUGE boost in fans ... I am sure of it.

We just need 30 - 50 diggs in about a 10 min period of time .. we need to get organized and do this :)

Moe
09-25-2006, 04:25 PM
We just need 30 - 50 diggs in about a 10 min period of time .. we need to get organized and do this :)

I'M READY...:D

General Patton
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
I haven't told any of my friends... but as Jacoplane said its better not to do it though word of mouth.

NANAKI
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Okay folks. How many new people have you introduced to Alizee this week? :p

Me personaly I've tried introducing her to my friends but they don't want to listen to her music because its not in English. They are so closed minded they just can't appreciate good music when they hear it I guess. Maybe I need some new friends.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bob
09-25-2006, 05:16 PM
recently i've shown it to a few friends, most just saw shes ok then let her go =/ but i've been requesting it on the radio stations.. and i'm up for this digg.com thing

Sir Wood
09-26-2006, 01:41 AM
*jinx* Wow, just last Thursday, I sent e-mails to the various shows/programs at one of our local popular radio stations. I'm going to give them a couple more days before doing it again. After that, I might have to rally the troops on this forum to assist. As their morning show had once discussed, "Operation: E-mail Bomb!"

aditya8617
09-26-2006, 01:56 AM
My friend circle is so small that I was long done introducing her to all my friends.

rcs
09-26-2006, 05:34 AM
you are EXACTLY right ... Digg is the answer. If we can get 50 people with digg accounts, to all be ready and digg some story at the same time ... we can easily get Alizee on the homepage of digg. That alone would be a HUGE boost in fans ... I am sure of it.

Brad, let's launch this thing. What would be a date and time to do this? The fans on this site are truly global; it would have to be on a weekend or holiday to be in that 10 minute window. Also, are you saying we need to write some kind of story in order to post on digg.com after we sign up for an account? If that's the case, what should we write? Ideas anyone???

C-4
09-26-2006, 07:06 AM
We could all write a short about why we all individually like Alizee.
That is the reason we would be signing up for Digg in the first place, right? That way the theme is consistant, and if it helps her get to page one, we have succeeded.

brad
09-26-2006, 09:18 AM
Brad, let's launch this thing. What would be a date and time to do this? The fans on this site are truly global; it would have to be on a weekend or holiday to be in that 10 minute window. Also, are you saying we need to write some kind of story in order to post on digg.com after we sign up for an account? If that's the case, what should we write? Ideas anyone???

no .. you dont need to write story or anything. one person will submit a link to this website .. (or some alizee thing) and then everyone else simply 'diggs it' .. or votes for that link. I have observed that stories that receive around 30-50 diggs within the first 20 mins or so get promoted to the homepage.

I have submitted a few alizee things to digg ... but they usually only get around 9 diggs, then they fall out of the cue.

brad
09-26-2006, 09:19 AM
it is a good idea to go ahead and sign up .. and start digging things that interest you (digg gives more weight to members that digg often)

my name is grizwald on there .. you can add me to your friends list if you want to see what I am digging

http://digg.com/users/grizwald

nurvonic
09-26-2006, 10:06 AM
I just registered on the site...now im just waiting for that damn email...ill add you to my friends list whenever im officially registered :)

and you know me...ill digg and submit nothing but alizee ;)

DJ_Greg
09-26-2006, 12:21 PM
My friend circle is so small that I was long done introducing her to all my friends.

Oh no! Change your avatar back!

NANAKI
09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
it is a good idea to go ahead and sign up .. and start digging things that interest you (digg gives more weight to members that digg often)

my name is grizwald on there .. you can add me to your friends list if you want to see what I am digging

http://digg.com/users/grizwald

just made you a friend I'm dhsvault07

riva2model64
09-26-2006, 08:50 PM

when should we do the digging? I ready too

welcome to moi-alizee.us jacoplane!!

aditya8617
09-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Oh no! Change your avatar back!

Why?:confused: What's wrong with this one?

DJ_Greg
09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
I have trouble adjusting to change. ;)

General Patton
09-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Why?:confused: What's wrong with this one?

ME TOO! I didn't know who you were... and then I say the name, and I was like WTF? Its a bad avator... :(

Bob
09-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Its a bad avator... :(

its alizee, its not a bad avatar

and for everyone's sake, change your avatar to alizee

General Patton
09-27-2006, 08:26 PM
its alizee, its not a bad avatar

and for everyone's sake, change your avatar to alizee

NEVER! And plus my siggy is going to have an M1A2 also so HA.

I <3 Zombies
09-27-2006, 11:20 PM
My entire D&D party this week. I had Gourmandises playing on the radio as the session was going on. Thats 13 people now with an unhealty obsession w/ two things. Alizee and Dungeons and Dragons.

brad
09-27-2006, 11:49 PM
My entire D&D party this week. I had Gourmandises playing on the radio as the session was going on. Thats 13 people now with an unhealty obsession w/ two things. Alizee and Dungeons and Dragons.

Nice :)

they haven't even seen any videos yet .. they will lose their minds when they see her in action .. lol

rcs
09-28-2006, 05:20 AM
Nice :)

they haven't even seen any videos yet .. they will lose their minds when they see her in action .. lol

Especially with that Gourmandises outfit she wears. I still love that song, and when it sticks in my mind all day, I'm in a good mood. :p

brad
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
when should we do the digging? I ready too

I don't think we have enough people yet .. if everyone who has a digg account posts in this thread we can get a good count .. i think there are like 5 people so far?

RadioactiveMan
09-28-2006, 10:11 AM
My new name on Digg is RadioactiveMan. Add me as a friend or something if you like. I haven't digged anything but I'll be happy to help out if I'm on when you want to do this.

DJ_Greg
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
What is digg?

brad
09-28-2006, 01:16 PM
What is digg?

http://digg.com

it is basically a website where people submit news stories or interesting links .. and people vote on what is the best. it is a pretty cool site, definitly worth checking out.

bt_bird_90
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I made one!

NANAKI
09-28-2006, 05:19 PM
has anyone created a digg for her or no if they have put down a link

Gatchaman
09-28-2006, 05:51 PM

Let's do it Brad. Post the site up there, and send every memeber an email to digg it.

jaco
09-28-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't think we have enough people yet .. if everyone who has a digg account posts in this thread we can get a good count .. i think there are like 5 people so far?

I think brad is right. We really need at least 20 people or something around that number ready to digg around the same time. Let's hold off with doing this until we reach this number. I guess the number of people who are friends of brad (in digg) should be a good indication of how many we have.

We could do a test run with one of the videos and post it in the Digg Videos section (http://digg.com/view/videos).

brad
09-28-2006, 06:55 PM
good idea jacoplane.

i submitted this story a few weeks ago... and only got a few diggs :(

http://digg.com/videos_music/Video_Aliz_e_singing_La_isla_bonita

I say we dont proceed until that story has 30 diggs

it is also important for everyone to have their digg accounts established a little bit, because digg doesnt give very much weight to users that have not dugg very many stories in the past.

so browse around, and find stories that you like and digg them :)

jaco
09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
good idea jacoplane.

i submitted this story a few weeks ago... and only got a few diggs :(

I say we dont proceed until that story has 30 diggs

it is also important for everyone to have their digg accounts established a little bit, because digg doesnt give very much weight to users that have not dugg very many stories in the past.

so browse around, and find stories that you like and digg them :)

Dugg :) The algorithm which determines which stories get posted to the front page is related to the frequency of people digging the story, so even if this story gets 30 diggs in a week, it won't get posted. We really need to have a group of people ready to digg within a 3-hour time period (or something like that). I agree that everyone should digg that story (http://digg.com/videos_music/Video_Aliz_e_singing_La_isla_bonita) so we can determine how many people we've got.

vctralca
09-28-2006, 07:25 PM
I just made my account on digg i never heard about it, anyway just tell me what to do . Anything for Alizée :D

jaco
09-28-2006, 07:46 PM
I just made my account on digg i never heard about it, anyway just tell me what to do . Anything for Alizée :D

Start by digging this story (http://digg.com/videos_music/Video_Aliz_e_singing_La_isla_bonita), and keep an eye on this thread...

DJ_Greg
09-28-2006, 11:13 PM
I registered, and I dugg it.

rwd716
09-28-2006, 11:23 PM
I registered, and I dugg it.

So did I. :cool: O snap! I'm a senior member now, lol!

brad
09-28-2006, 11:55 PM
hey .. i just noticed that Gatchaman has had 3 stories on digg make it to the front page :)

nice going

Twitch
09-29-2006, 01:02 AM
He's also got a video blog of all of Alizée's YouTube videos, or at least most of them, if you want them all in one place. I didn't mention it because its listed in his member details and figured it was old news, if it is sorry.

Edit: I should have said that better, I know its old news to senior members, but thought it useful for the lazy new ones...who haven't found it yet :)

brad
09-29-2006, 01:10 AM
yeah .. he has a great website.

http://alizee.wordpress.com/

i watch those videos a lot when i am at work, especially when people are hogging up all of our bandwidth there (when they should be working) .. don't they know I am trying to watch alizee videos?

riva2model64
09-29-2006, 01:22 AM
So did I. :cool: O snap! I'm a senior member now, lol!

how do you do it? im still a member

RadioactiveMan
09-29-2006, 01:23 AM
You may have set your title as 'member' in your profile. I think that if you leave it blank it will update automatically according to posts.

nurvonic
09-29-2006, 01:53 AM
i watch those videos a lot when i am at work, especially when people are hogging up all of our bandwidth there (when they should be working) .. don't they know I am trying to watch alizee videos?

LOL lazy bastard

jaco
09-29-2006, 09:21 PM
When we decide to proceed with this digg action, we should probably inform the folks on alizee-forum.com. Perhaps also we could leave messages on the major french forums (not sure which one is the biggest).

Also if someone speaks spanish we should tell the people at http://www.alizee-mexico.com/forum/ too... that forum is pretty massive...

brad
09-29-2006, 09:30 PM
how do you do it? im still a member

go here ..

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile

and click 'reset' next to your title.

brad
09-29-2006, 09:32 PM
When we decide to proceed with this digg action, we should probably inform the folks on alizee-forum.com. Perhaps also we could leave messages on the major french forums (not sure which one is the biggest).

good idea, we need to start thinking about the best thing to post on digg. Something that would get the best response ...

rcs
09-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Youpidou!!! I registered on Digg.com; that makes 6 of us if that's the official count. :)

jaco
09-30-2006, 12:26 AM
good idea, we need to start thinking about the best thing to post on digg. Something that would get the best response ...

I guess one of the videos is probably a good idea. If it isn't a success we can always try again with another video. Maybe this J'en Ai Marre version?

http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11

cane17
10-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Well i just should Alizée to my hockey group and they think its the best thing they have seen since the Stanley Cup.lol and there still going nuts and i should them this site.

rcs
10-01-2006, 03:40 AM
Alright, it's been a week. We've got 8 people registered if I'm not mistaken. We need more of you Alizee fans out there to register please on www.digg.com. If you haven't already, please register and be ready to post. Thanks guys. :)

cane17
10-01-2006, 03:46 AM
I just sign up.

Nitro
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
I registered too.

brad
10-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Well i just should Alizée to my hockey group and they think its the best thing they have seen since the Stanley Cup.lol and there still going nuts and i should them this site.

way to go cane :)

in a few days they will want to rename it to the 'Alizee Cup' .. lol

garçoncanadien
10-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I registered there under the same username; I digged that story in English and French so that as many people as possible could come here for a visit!

rcs
10-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I registered there under the same username; I digged that story in English and French so that as many people as possible could come here for a visit!

Way to go garconcanadien, you make 11! We're 1/3 of the way there to make the 30 we need. Any others?

riva2model64
10-02-2006, 12:49 PM
i just registered and digg

oo fun digg garçon

btw thanks for assistance brad

riva2model64
10-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Start by digging this story (http://digg.com/videos_music/Video_Aliz_e_singing_La_isla_bonita), and keep an eye on this thread...

that story right there

rcs
10-03-2006, 11:15 AM
i just registered and digg

oo fun digg garçon

btw thanks for assistance brad

12! Please help guys! :D

garçoncanadien
10-03-2006, 02:24 PM
Rcs: what happens when you get 30 diggs?

Twitch
10-03-2006, 02:31 PM
I dugg the story last week my digg.com id is Bloodwulf. But don't we need to get a lot of diggs to a story in a short time to really move it up to the digg homepage?

brad
10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
Rcs: what happens when you get 30 diggs?

Nothing for this story in particular.

The plan is to submit a new story once we have enough people ready to digg it. If you can get a lot of diggs quickly (like within 20 mins of posting the story) it will be promoted to the front page of the website and millions of people will see it.

spysmasher
10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
Just registered with digg and dugg the La Isla Bonita video.

rcs
10-05-2006, 10:07 PM
We have 13 diggers registered. Need 17 more, get the word out...promote Lili.

Thanks guys/gals. :)

Rocket
10-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Make that 14 diggers. Look for me as Rocketbabe. That was my first user name in yahoo. Look me up and add me please.

rcs
10-06-2006, 06:02 AM
We have 21 fans registered who dugg. Nine more Alizee fans to reach Digg goal. Attention Lili lurkers, please register on Digg.com and be sure to Digg. We're almost there! :)

Click here, register, and Click Digg
http://digg.com/videos_music/Video_A...La_isla_bonita

garçoncanadien
10-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Err, I think that link doesn't work. Everybody come here and pleeeeeez digg Alizée =)

Get out those shovels and spades and digg! (=

Spartan500
10-06-2006, 12:01 PM
hey I just dugg alizee that makes 23 i think

atra201
10-13-2006, 06:51 PM
i told 2 recently

brad
10-13-2006, 07:04 PM
i told 2 recently

thanks atra! we may be getting close to being ready for a test run. I mean we can give it more than one try, and I really think if we can get it enough votes to be noticed .. it take off on its own.

Who ever here has the most front page stories should submit the story, let try an plan to do it this weekend sometime.

Señor Villa
10-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Brad, have you considered advertising this site on a t-shirt and maybe selling them here. Then we can advertise Alizée and Alizée America.

Sir Wood
10-13-2006, 08:41 PM
Brad, have you considered advertising this site on a t-shirt and maybe selling them here. Then we can advertise Alizée and Alizée America.

This old thread had Bob looking into the whole ordering of stickers for advertisement.

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=98&highlight=stickers

He was recommending this site: http://stickerjunkie.com/

I don't think much came of it because "Alizée America" was still new.

brad
10-13-2006, 08:44 PM

yeah .. i have thought about that. I will do this one day.

if anyone wants a sticker I think justchil still has some. I will even buy the stamps to mail them if anyone wants some.

only request them if you are going to put them on your car or somewhere neato .. lol

justchil has one on his car :D

Moe
10-13-2006, 08:46 PM
ok i request one!
to who i send my addy :P

brad
10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
ok i request one!
to who i send my addy :P

let me verify he still has them. he will prolly see this soon, you can pm me the address once i know he has some.

Twitch
10-13-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't have a car but I'll put one my neighbor's car. jk lol:D
But selling T-shirts/stickers if there is enough interest later might help generate some of the revenue needed to help out the site. Maybe we should we have a logo/T-shirt design competition?

Sir Wood
10-13-2006, 08:58 PM
Speaking of which, I did get this response from one of our local radio station. If they did have it and she played the song, I missed it because I was getting ready for school. :'(

This is her station page, if you're intersted, http://www.kosi101.com/airstaff/denise/index.php

The other station I was trying to get was via their "All Request Work Day" channel, but they must have thought that the music didn't fit into their program (unless it's based on the number of request they get for a specific song/artist): http://www.alice1059.com/middayshow.asp

atra201
10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Brad i thik the best way to promote Alizee and the web site is to hack
Alizee's officeal site www.moi-alizee.com and run or make a front for this site.

garçoncanadien
10-23-2006, 08:30 PM
May I ask how do you tell your friends about Alizée without making it sound like you are being arrogant, and/or enforcing your taste on somebody else? In short, how do you make it a pleasant introduction?

Thanks very much

-le gars

RMJ
10-23-2006, 09:16 PM
"Have you heard ACC, yet ?"

That's pretty much it.

bt_bird_90
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Over AIM:

Hey Dude
wassup?
do you want to see the most gorgeous, talented girl in the world?
lol, I guess so
ok, but I'm warning you, this will ruin any chances of retaining a relationship with your girlfriend... and screw up your standards for women for the rest of your life
um... ok
than I suggest you sit back my friend, enjoy the moment before you see enlightenment, you're going to go on a trip...

garçoncanadien
10-23-2006, 10:23 PM
that's hilarious bird! :D Would you approve of saying such a thing in real life?

Twitch
10-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Well like RMJ was suggesting I usually, when given the opportunity, just put on some of her music (a few songs on a mixed CD works nice), if they like it they will ask about it. If they say something about it being French or not liking it then I show them some of the videos. And since I have friends who play WoW, they keep bugging me to buy it, I enlighten them on who the night elf dance is based on. Alizée sells herself IMO, you just need to expose people to her.

bt_bird_90
10-23-2006, 11:50 PM
Alizée sells herself IMO, you just need to expose people to her.

You get a bit QFT for that one.

brad
10-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Over AIM:

Hey Dude
wassup?
lol, I guess so
ok, but I'm warning you, this will ruin any chances of retaining a relationship with your girlfriend... and screw up your standards for women for the rest of your life
um... ok
than I suggest you sit back my friend, enjoy the moment before you see enlightenment, you're going to go on a trip...

lmao bird ... i actually had a conversation almost exactly like this on IRC the other day.

rcs
10-24-2006, 07:44 AM
Brad, have we dugg yet? :confused:

bt_bird_90
10-24-2006, 07:51 AM
B...t_bird_90, have we dugg yet? :confused:
We've dugg one article already just to see how many people we have, but Brad still has us on standby for the big digg.

Quentin
10-24-2006, 10:13 AM
I just signed up on DIgg.com waiting / sleeping til the event.

vctralca
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
Over AIM:

Hey Dude
wassup?
lol, I guess so
um... ok

Yeah sometimes when i present Alizée to my friends i usually tell them something like that, like hey this is highly addictive content, the moment u will see her other girls will just look cute and she ll be you goddess .. i warned you .. i show them the video(usually the trio jen ai marre, la isla bonita and gourmandises (who can say no to these?). Then . . . well u guys know what happen :wub:

Amelie
10-26-2006, 01:35 PM
what a terribly love of appearence! :eek:

atra201
10-26-2006, 01:40 PM
May I ask how do you tell your friends about Alizée without making it sound like you are being arrogant, and/or enforcing your taste on somebody else? In short, how do you make it a pleasant introduction?

Thanks very much

-le gars

well i just let Alizee do the talkin and walkin and clickin .I paly a video or two.

and i just registered on digg as atra201 of course.

garçoncanadien
02-07-2007, 07:26 PM
alright I ask for your help again guys. I've had this weird results:

I tell people about Alizée. Then they either show me this bland attitude of, oh she has a nice face. Or oh, she has a nice voice. Or, they don't answer (if by e-mail). Or, they imply to me "i'll listen to your music if you listen to mine".

what have I done wrong here :confused:

nobody has come back enlightened with the fire in their eyes. What should I do?

CFHollister
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Sit them in front of a TV with a HiRes J'en Ai Marre (Merci Vol.1 is good for this), and say "Watch this." That seems to do the trick for me :)

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 07:45 PM
i usually tell em.
Watch it or ill kick ur ass outside school..... and it works!

garçoncanadien
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
oh so you make them an offer they don't refuse... Corleone style.... jajajajaj :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 07:55 PM
Of course...i ask em
yo dude wanna see something really cool?
haha no...
then my face goes from happy to mad....
There`s where they stop laughing and say
What do you want me to see? hehe

DJ_Greg
02-07-2007, 07:58 PM

I tell people about Alizée. Then they either show me this bland attitude of, oh she has a nice face. Or oh, she has a nice voice. Or, they don't answer (if by e-mail). Or, they imply to me "i'll listen to your music if you listen to mine".

I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You just can't expect everyone to have the same taste in women or music that you do. I've heard comments that ranged from:

-She's really beautiful
-She has a great voice
-She looks like she's twelve
-I was expecting her to be hotter

Can't win 'em all...

garçoncanadien
02-07-2007, 08:04 PM
but *sigh* I haven't won 1 person like was won on this forum.

DJ_Greg
02-07-2007, 08:08 PM
but *sigh* I haven't won 1 person like was won on this forum.

I'd say your contribution has been much greater than that. You've helped a lot of people get a much deeper understanding of Alizée and her music. The rest of us need to work on getting the converts. :)

General Patton
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
LOL if I showed anyone Alizee and her music they would just point and laugh their butt off...

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Patton at least try... better trying than not doing it.

lefty12357
02-07-2007, 09:51 PM
I discovered Alizée on my own. Maybe finding her on your own is what makes it work. How many people here found her on their own, and how many were introduced to her by a friend?

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 10:34 PM
i got introduced to alizee by a dj..but i didnt pay a lot of attention
then my bro reminded me when he played JEAM live and i was like uhm i seen this girl before... he was like Alizee u dumbass! :p

atra201
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM

maybe they are simply disbelievers
i got introduced to alizee by a dj..but i didnt pay a lot of attention
then my bro reminded me when he played JEAM live and i was like uhm i seen this girl before... he was like Alizee u dumbass! :p

and who are you calling dumbass??? u dumbass :p

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Im calling myself a dumbass :p

atra201
02-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Im calling myself a dumbass :p

oh ok soory man :D

JCC
02-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I read this on the Mylene International Forum concerning the 3rd album. Thought it was interesting..only a rumor, but it does give you something to think about. :rolleyes:
Link to the actual posting below:
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?p=107621#107621

----------
More rumors, from Analili55:

One of the songs on the new album is about Romeo & Juliet

One of the songs begins with the phrase "La mélancolie dans le colimateur.."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collimator

There'll be a lot of Jérémy's influence, also Jean Fauque, Daniel Darc, and others; the style will be a lot closer to rock

It'll be out in June, with a big promo

----------

atra201
02-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I read this on the Mylene International Forum concerning the 3rd album. Thought it was interesting..only a rumor, but it does give you something to think about. :rolleyes:
Link to the actual posting below:
http://www.mf-international.com/viewtopic.php?p=107621#107621

----------
More rumors, from Analili55:

One of the songs on the new album is about Romeo & Juliet

There'll be a lot of Jérémy's influence, also Jean Fauque, Daniel Darc, and others; the style will be a lot closer to rock

It'll be out in June, with a big promo

----------

thiss rumors seems to be liable i have set a date for myself that was 29 of march or 17 of april but this rumor may be the coorect one

General Patton
02-08-2007, 12:21 AM
I discovered Alizée on my own. Maybe finding her on your own is what makes it work. How many people here found her on their own, and how many were introduced to her by a friend?
I found her on my own, I think most people here found her over google video or youtube then searched google for her, came across the wiki article and then found the link to this site.

atra201
02-08-2007, 12:42 AM
I found her on my own, I think most people here found her over google video or youtube then searched google for her, came across the wiki article and then found the link to this site.

me too , found her on my own
you see i was searching day and night for that special someone going up the hill and down, swimming the river until i found her unfortionately my back hurts from all that searching so i just hang here. :D

bt_bird_90
02-08-2007, 12:51 AM
thiss rumors seems to be liable i have set a date for myself that was 29 of march or 17 of april but this rumor may be the coorect one

~ ATTENTION EVERYONE ~ purchase those plane tickets, this rumor has to be true, atra had a hunch :p

atra201
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
~ ATTENTION EVERYONE ~ purchase those plane tickets, this rumor has to be true, atra had a hunch :p

are you mocking me?

madraven
02-08-2007, 01:17 AM
are you mocking me?

so it would seem ;)

atra201
02-08-2007, 01:23 AM
we'll see about that
only time will tell

aditya8617
02-08-2007, 02:56 AM
What happened to the Birthday theme regarding the release date of the album. Is it discarded now?

Ben
02-08-2007, 03:00 AM
Analili55 has been posting these rumors for awhile now. She says her source is a classmate who's a relative of Jérémy. I'm skeptical, hence why not been posting them. I don't think Analili55 is a lair, she seems like a nice girl, but I worry that she may be too trusting in her "source" (who even if really related still might be making stuff up to pull her leg, especially since the Romeo and Juliet rumor has been circulating for awhile now).

aFrenchie
02-08-2007, 04:42 AM
It's a weird but common expression in French.
"Avoir quelqu'un dans le (son) collimateur" means "le surveiller de près, se préparer à l'attaquer."
In English, literaly: "to have someone in the (one's) collimator", meaning "to watch someone closely, to be prepared to attack him"
Now I fail to see what "La mélancolie (melancholy) dans le collimateur" would mean! :confused:

DJ_Greg
02-08-2007, 08:04 AM
It's a weird but common expression in French.
"Avoir quelqu'un dans le (son) collimateur" means "le surveiller de près, se préparer à l'attaquer."
In English, literaly: "to have someone in the (one's) collimator", meaning "to watch someone closely, to be prepared to attack him"
Now I fail to see what "La mélancolie (melancholy) dans le collimateur" would mean! :confused:

"I've got you in my sights" would be the English expression, then.

atra201
02-08-2007, 10:49 AM
I wonder how tall her hair will be?

aFrenchie
02-08-2007, 06:19 PM
"I've got you in my sights" would be the English expression, then.
Yes, sort of.

garçoncanadien
02-08-2007, 06:25 PM
pourquoi sort of.

aFrenchie
02-08-2007, 06:31 PM
pourquoi sort of.
Because I'm not sure it's exactly that. It's very close but I'm too lazy to explain little nuances I'm thinking of precisely :p :D

garçoncanadien
02-08-2007, 06:38 PM
ben alors donne-les-moi en PM si c'est pas la peine :D

hey aFrenchie how many people did you introduce our Alizée to ;)

DJ_Greg
02-08-2007, 07:54 PM
Because I'm not sure it's exactly that. It's very close but I'm too lazy to explain little nuances I'm thinking of precisely :p :D

"Sights" refers to the instrument on a gun used to aim at someone...which is also the same as a collimator, no?

"I'm coming for you" or even "I'm gunning for you" would express a similar sentiment.

P.S., I am referring to the second phrase you mentioned (the one without mélancolie), not the actual one in the song...

rwd716
02-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I wonder how tall her hair will be?

How tall, nice :p (JP)

aFrenchie
02-09-2007, 08:44 AM
hey aFrenchie how many people did you introduce our Alizée to ;)
Not many. You know, she's already quite known in France ;)

"Sights" refers to the instrument on a gun used to aim at someone...which is also the same as a collimator, no?

"I'm coming for you" or even "I'm gunning for you" would express a similar sentiment.
It's ok then.