PDA

View Full Version : [Official] Alizée's Twitter and Instagram -pre 2016

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Jenny_HRO87
04-26-2009, 11:47 AM
Twitter (https://twitter.com/mellealizee) Instagram (http://web.stagram.com/n/alizeeofficiel/)

MOD EDIT: Please post any tweets from Alizée's Twitter here. Discussion about her tweets are also welcome here.

Julien had posted this on Lillytown today:

A l'instar de Lily Allen, Britney Spears... Melle Alizée est dorénavant sur le célébrissime Twitter !

http://twitter.com/mellealizee

Like Lily Allen, Britney Spears... Mlle Alizée is from now on at the celebrated Twitter!

Alizée is on Twitter now... maybe we will get some news at her page...

btw I'm not using Twitter but it's really interesting... her myspace isn't really up to date... but maybe she has enough time to write some little notes on Twitter... I hope... it would be sooooo cool :)

Ruroshen
04-26-2009, 11:54 AM
Right on, following her now. I'll report back with any updates for those who aren't on Twitter. Thanks HRO! :D

BTW, for anybody here who may, for some strange reason, suddenly find themselves motivated to sign up for Twitter today (:p), I'm @Ruroshen (http://twitter.com/Ruroshen).

Jenny_HRO87
04-26-2009, 11:58 AM
BTW, for anybody here who may, for some strange reason, suddenly find themselves motivated to sign up for Twitter today (:p), I'm @Ruroshen (http://twitter.com/Ruroshen).

if we will get some news on this page I will definitely join Twitter... at last Alizée was the only reason to sign up at myspace :D

EDIT: current profil picture

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/184326343/IMG_0378_2.JPG

rcs
04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Cool, thanks for the update. Nice smootchable lips she has. :cool:

IncliningPizza
04-26-2009, 01:55 PM
Right on, following her now. I'll report back with any updates for those who aren't on Twitter. Thanks HRO! :D

I quote a motivational poster from the Alizee Motivational Poster topic here on the site:

"Alizee: All the motivation you'll ever need".

And yes... Elle a deux grands, belles, bouches. C'est bon dire, "Les baisers D'Alizee sont de vraies Gourmandises." :wub:

I think I'm going to sign up right now. Excuse me. ;)

mavsluver41
04-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Dear diary, today I visited the dentist, cleaned out the closet, and sorted my socks :p . I call for a blog!

That's something I posted last September. My wish has finally been granted (kind of) :D!

Ruroshen
04-26-2009, 02:11 PM
That's something I posted last September. My wish has finally been granted (kind of) :D!

That's about the substance of most people's tweets (mine included), so you may not be far off! :p

lefty12357
04-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Well, I have no idea if I would have any use for it other than hopefully getting news about Alizée, but what the hell, I'm in. I'm @Lefty12357.

Chommpers
04-26-2009, 05:46 PM
cool following her now as well, been awhile since I twittered maybe I will get back into it, I am of course @chommpers

Jenny_HRO87
04-26-2009, 06:08 PM
I signed up at Twitter now...

btw there was an update an hour ago on Lilis Twitter:

is discovering twitter!

but I have a question... I can't follow Lillytown or some other people - is that normal?? :blink:

Karlalizee
04-26-2009, 06:29 PM
i will have to think about this

Srbski-kralj
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
I probably will go on twitter if she bigins to edit stuff on it :)

Youpidou1
04-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Wtf is twitter?

Srbski-kralj
04-26-2009, 07:08 PM
ahaha yah i had the same question before lol, its like myspace but i think better or something.

Jenny_HRO87
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
ahaha yah i had the same question before lol, its like myspace but i think better or something.

nope not really... it's just that you write some notes and everyone can see what you are doing right now... and you can follow your favourite profils and will see what they are doing in the moment... and if you follow the person who is also follow your profile you can send this person a private message... that's all I found out... maybe there's more I don't know... but myspace is much more better... but hey Alizée is around and that's great!

from HER profil under "bio"

new album coming soon...

yeah!

Youpidou1
04-26-2009, 07:21 PM
nope not really... it's just that you write some notes and everyone can see what you are doing right now... and you can follow your favourite profils and will see what they are doing in the moment... and if you follow the person who is also follow your profile you can send this person a private message... that's all I found out... maybe there's more I don't know... but myspace is much more better... but hey Alizée is around and that's great!

from HER profil under "bio"

new album coming soon...

yeah!

So it's a lesser version of Facebook.com.
Just use facebook lol.

edgar93
04-26-2009, 07:38 PM
J
Alizée is on Twitter now... maybe we will get some news at her page...

http://www.alizee-forum.com/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif hmm, I don't feel so happy with this, dunno why. Just hope that people won't get too annoying.

but I have a question... I can't follow Lillytown or some other people - is that normal?? :blink:

no it is not normal :p you can "follow" anyone (not if the profile is private), but in order to post on their page, they have to follow you too.
Right now LT is not set to private.

M'alizee
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Hm twitter looks a bit too small. I think myspace or facebook are much better.
But ok it is small and easy to use

edgar93
04-26-2009, 08:04 PM

+1, in both of your sentences you are right, facebook (and even Myspace) is way better, but Twitter is easier to use.

What is really cool is the fact that now a lot of fans are on Twitter, hopefully we can get to know more each other on Twitter.

Ruroshen
04-26-2009, 09:20 PM
+1, in both of your sentences you are right, facebook (and even Myspace) is way better, but Twitter is easier to use.

I actually wasn't too fond of Twitter at first myself, but I've actually grown to like it quite a bit. I like the stripped-down, minimalist approach compared to all the extra garbage you have to deal with on Facebook/MySpace.

My only real problem with Twitter now is how buggy it still is, occasionally...but given that its popularity has exploded almost overnight, it's no wonder that it's been unstable.

What is really cool is the fact that now a lot of fans are on Twitter, hopefully we can get to know more each other on Twitter.

This is true!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
04-26-2009, 11:09 PM
Is Twitter somehow searchable, so that you can find others to "Twit" with?

Yikes, not another user name and password! Somebody could write a song about having to create yet another user name and password.

I was reading alittle bit on the Twitter website and it talks about being "hyper-connected" to others. Skeptical to say the least.

Ruroshen
04-26-2009, 11:30 PM
Is Twitter somehow searchable, so that you can find others to "Twit" with?

Yep! Once you've signed up, you can click on 'Find People' in the menu bar in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, and search for people by either their first name, last name, twitter name, or email address/IM name if they're with one of the services that Twitter can search.

Yikes, not another user name and password! Somebody could write a song about having to create yet another user name and password.

Dude, seriously. This is all I hear at my job. All. Fracking. Day. "What, you mean I have to remember ANOTHER PIN number?!"

I was reading alittle bit on the Twitter website and it talks about being "hyper-connected" to others. Skeptical to say the least.

Yeah, that's from people who've drunk the Kool-Aid. Most of us just use it to follow celebrities and share spur-of-the-moment thoughts with our friends (or get into Twitter fights with them, which is more amusing than it sounds). I look at it sort of like public text messaging with the odd update from Kevin Smith or Trent Reznor thrown in for colour.

Trent Reznor, BTW, is very very funny on Twitter, nothing like what you'd expect. The only reason I don't follow him is because he actually tweets TOO often sometimes, and it was getting way distracting.

Roman
04-27-2009, 04:11 AM
Mademoiselle Alizée says...
mellealizee (http://twitter.com/mellealizee)1er jour de Mix ! Yeah !environ 1 heure ago (http://twitter.com/mellealizee/status/1627105580) from web
first day of Mix!
She's getting ready to bust out with that album. I don't know how long mixing will take, but she sure sounds excited to be getting it done.

By the way, I have 1302 user IDs and passwords. I think that's a bit beyond singing about. I'm sure others have many more.

alizeeindia
04-27-2009, 05:52 AM
Is it really a profile made by Alizée?

Jordy
04-27-2009, 07:43 AM

Yes, but in this case it is better than Facebook or MySpace because it is so small. Of course Lili has her Facebook (maybe even private MySpace, who knows), but you can't see what she writes there because it is private, frankly who tried to send her friend request? ;)

But Twitter is perfect for it's purpose, just short messages, nothing more, so we will know what's going on directly from her! I just hope she will really use it, now it looks good, two days, two mesages :D

brad
04-27-2009, 08:41 AM
yay, ive been waiting for her to join. we should get better updates on her now. celebs seems to get addicted to twitter rather quickly :)

im br4d on twitter btw :p

i dont ever write anything, but maybe i will start someday

Roman
04-27-2009, 09:53 AM
yeah, looks like http://twitter.com/alizeeofficiel is not her. Why do people do that? Trying to get attention is fine, but trying to steal it? That's just lame. I guess http://twitter.com/mellealizee is. It looks real anyway.

Jenny_HRO87
04-27-2009, 11:05 AM
But Twitter is perfect for it's purpose, just short messages, nothing more, so we will know what's going on directly from her! I just hope she will really use it, now it looks good, two days, two mesages :D

indeed! It would be so nice - every week three or four notes... I really hope that she will using Twitter often from now on - not like her myspace :(

but she's mixing her new album now... :D I'm soooooooo happy!!!

Jordy
04-27-2009, 01:43 PM
yeah, looks like http://twitter.com/alizeeofficiel is not her. .

Well, look at the bio there:
Bio: Ruling the hearts of many, Nightingale of Cosica, Angel of France.

I really don't think that she would write it about herself :D

Alizee=Czech-Princess!
04-27-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm Slavic_Blue =)

lefty12357
04-27-2009, 06:22 PM
yay, ive been waiting for her to join. we should get better updates on her now. celebs seems to get addicted to twitter rather quickly :)

im br4d on twitter btw :p

i dont ever write anything, but maybe i will start someday

Brad, maybe you should make an "AlizeeUSA" account on twitter so this site is represented. Alizée is currently following the French Lillytown site and the Mexican fan site. It sure would be nice if we could be noticed.

LL Cool B
04-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Brad, maybe you should make an "AlizeeUSA" account on twitter so this site is represented. Alizée is currently following the French Lillytown site and the Mexican fan site. It sure would be nice if we could be noticed.

Good Call! Good Call indeed

Junkmale
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
What about opening a 'sticky' with her updates?
Obviously, she is going to update her twitter page in French. It might be an idea to have a sticky with an English translation when/if there is an update?

Ben
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Good idea. Done! http://twitter.com/AlizeeUSA

Srbski-kralj
04-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Ok now im on twitter lol.

JimmyDean23
04-27-2009, 11:29 PM
I guess I'll have to sign up now that Lili is on. I was really hoping to avoid social networks in general but Twitter seems alright.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
04-28-2009, 12:23 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/TECH/04/27/swine.flu.twitter/index.html?iref=mpstoryview
Swine flu creates controversy on Twitter

Tiwaz
04-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Two new messages:eek:

2 ème jour de mix! And happy birthday my sweet heart! She's 4!

Happy birthday Annily!

and a pic of the studio.
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2557/pfk.jpg

Ruroshen
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Wow, four messages in three days? How cool is that?! We're gonna get spoiled if she keeps this up... :p

Seriously, though, I think it's very cool that she apparently recognizes the majority of her followers aren't native French-speakers (or so it appears, so far), and is posting her updates in a mix of French/English. And it's cute that almost all the replies to her I've seen include at least an attempt to use some French. Just a little give-and-take thing I noticed and thought was kinda neat.

Karlalizee
04-28-2009, 10:59 AM
i conciede lol i am now in twitter. my name is @karlalizee hope to see some of you there :)

04-28-2009, 11:13 AM
It looks like Twitter is way more contagious than the "When pigs fly" flu!

Toc De Mac
04-28-2009, 05:25 PM
What exactly is mixing an album?

Srbski-kralj
04-28-2009, 05:30 PM
I got a qustion sorda new to the teitter stuff, if i Reply to someones message that means it shows up on their pages right? *Or am I being parranoid again*

edgar93
04-28-2009, 05:48 PM
I got a qustion sorda new to the teitter stuff, if i Reply to someones message that means it shows up on their pages right? *Or am I being parranoid again*

on his page, it should show up ;). Remember that in order to get a message posted on his/her page, the other person has to follow you.

Srbski-kralj
04-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Ahh ok did not know that cool ty.

lefty12357
04-28-2009, 06:46 PM
What exactly is mixing an album?

Recording nowadays is mostly multitrack. This is where each instrument (or groups of instruments) are recorded on separate tracks. This allows the engineer to control the volume, EQ, pan, and effects of each track. It also allows musicians to put their parts in at different times or for one musician to play all the instruments in a song.

Once all the tracks are recorded and the song is complete, the engineer will mix all these separate tracks down into a two track master (in the case of a standard stereo mix). He does this by adjusting the various track controls while the music is playing back. This process can almost be like a performance in itself. Nowadays we have automation tools that record the movement of every fader and knob the engineer moves. This makes things much easier. The 2 track master is then put through a final mastering process.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_mixing_(recorded_music)

LL Cool B
04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Recording nowadays is mostly multitrack. This is where each instrument (or groups of instruments) are recorded on separate tracks. This allows the engineer to control the volume, EQ, pan, and effects of each track. It also allows musicians to put their parts in at different times or for one musician to play all the instruments in a song.

Once all the tracks are recorded and the song is complete, the engineer will mix all these separate tracks down into a two track master (in the case of a standard stereo mix). He does this by adjusting the various track controls while the music is playing back. This process can almost be like a performance in itself. Nowadays we have automation tools that record the movement of every fader and knob the engineer moves. This makes things much easier. The 2 track master is then put through a final mastering process.

More here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_mixing_(recorded_music)

Good Knowledge!

-B

Toc De Mac
04-28-2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Lefty! :)

Lerxst
04-28-2009, 10:29 PM
The good news is that the mixing stage is one of the last steps in producing an album (after recording and before mastering). In other words, the new album should be ready for release sooner rather than later. Yay!

04-28-2009, 10:36 PM
The good news is that the mixing stage is one of the last steps in producing an album (after recording and before mastering). In other words, the new album should be ready for release sooner rather than later. Yay!

What type of time frame do you think that would be? Ballpark of course.

P.S. It's no wonder your posts are so infrequent, you've got to be the most tired "Member" on this forum.:)

Chommpers
04-28-2009, 11:33 PM
i conciede lol i am now in twitter. my name is @karlalizee hope to see some of you there :)

I wasn't able to find you through the name search, thats weird.

Also pretty cool to see Alizée posting, neat studio table and a confirm of new album in the works from the source herself woo hoo!

Srbski-kralj
04-28-2009, 11:37 PM
Yeah its awesome that she is actually posting on twitter thing lol. Im still getting use to it lol, somewhat different from myspace and facebook.

patyl
04-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Hi everybody!

My boyfriend is addicted to twitter so a month ago I signed in for fun.

Good thing I found:
- You can follow any thing you like as long as there is a twit blog
- And I was astonished when celebrities replied to my bf's twits or my twits. Like Ashton Kutcher, Camilla Belle, Ryan Schekler, Jimmy Fallon, Megan Fox, some Latin celebrities and so on :D

Bad thing and I didn't like:
- Addiction! (careful LOL)
- A lot of fake people pretending to be someone else :(

Don't know if Alizee will answer to our twits but is nice to see her too. :wub:

patyl

SimonH
04-29-2009, 03:17 AM
wht the heck I signed up too....

http://twitter.com/TheSimonH

Ben
04-29-2009, 06:13 AM
Seriously, though, I think it's very cool that she apparently recognizes the majority of her followers aren't native French-speakers (or so it appears, so far), and is posting her updates in a mix of French/English.
Could be, though mixing French and English seems hip online these days and you see it a lot. I'd guess she does it for both reasons.

Jenny_HRO87
04-29-2009, 07:41 AM
a new message:

"Where is the sun?"

ha ha that's nice... btw I could ask the same... is was very hot during the last few days and now? rain... :rolleyes:

Srbski-kralj
04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Yeah was fun couple days ago lol, the bad thing I dont suntan lol i burn. Worked outside all day on saturday and sunday fixing our driveway taking old cement off and paving a new and lets just say i looked like a candy cane lol half red half white :). Its funny arms, head, legs are all red.

wolfram0790
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
She made me sign up, now I'm following her :p

lowbeam
04-29-2009, 07:22 PM
OMG, I had no use for Twitter but now I've joined - the stuff she makes me do :)

dreamer
04-29-2009, 10:57 PM
I signed up as well, just for her. I'm fandalizee. I'm pretty sure I will never use Twitter except for following her.

Karlalizee
04-29-2009, 11:35 PM
I wasn't able to find you through the name search, thats weird.

Also pretty cool to see Alizée posting, neat studio table and a confirm of new album in the works from the source herself woo hoo!

sorry chommpers. it is karlalizee :o

Future Raptor Ace
04-29-2009, 11:43 PM
here is mine
http://twitter.com/FutureRaptorAce
i don't plan on using it that much and i didn't put my last name on my account.
Also don't get your hopes up. This might not be Alizee; many of us can remember being fooled on myspace before the official one came out. All I'm saying is be alert

Ruroshen
04-30-2009, 11:56 AM
For the benefit of those still not on the Twitter bandwagon, your recommended daily dose of Alizée:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=46282&g2_serialNumber=1&g2_GALLERYSID=994346be1ac44d144d5e981ba2eb75ed

ImRawdg
04-30-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm assuming it's actually her because MM is following her.

Anyway, I am really liking the (mostly?) daily updates! Even if they aren't always descriptive.

JimmyDean23
04-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I noticed something about that picture she posted of the studio. It appears to be taken from an iPhone. I've had one since it came out and that pic definitely looks like an it was taken by an iPhone. Plus the applications she uses to post are only on the iPhone and Mac. Alizée + Apple = Heaven. Now if only she drove an Evo...

Ben
04-30-2009, 07:22 PM
Alizée + Apple = Heaven.
You'll love this then (interview in official French iPod magazine):
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=93082
:)

lowbeam
05-01-2009, 07:29 AM
mellealizee: Lunch with sun!

http://yfrog.com/052o7j

41 minutes ago from Tweetie

Latest message, great picture :wub:

Roman
05-01-2009, 09:16 AM
Yeah, that's pretty clearly from Alizée as she is the one who took the photo, as you can see, with her iPhone (guess she was finally won over (you may recall she didn't really like it at first (maybe they got better?))).

JimmyDean23
05-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Yes!!! I knew it!

Idéaliser
05-02-2009, 12:04 AM
I might need a twitter just for this =)

lefty12357
05-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Just a suggestion for whoever is running "AlizeeUSA" on Twitter - if the opportunity arises, I suggest that you reply directly to one of Alizée’s tweets so it will appear on her page and she will be aware of AlizeeUSA. I would love to see her add AlizeeUSA to her follow list.

edgar93
05-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Was this ever posted :confused:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9736/2o7.jpg

Ruroshen
05-02-2009, 12:22 PM
I might sound like an idiot or something dont say nothing Ruroshen :), but who is Chateau Marmont?

No worries, dude. I had no idea who they were until this morning, either. They sound pretty cool, though!

Just a suggestion for whoever is running "AlizeeUSA" on Twitter - if the opportunity arises, I suggest that you reply directly to one of Alizée’s tweets so it will appear on her page and she will be aware of AlizeeUSA. I would love to see her add AlizeeUSA to her follow list.

I believe it's Ben who's running it. You could also try re-tweeting one of her posts, which also would show up on her profile as a reply (since it'll have @mellealizee in it).

Was this ever posted :confused:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9736/2o7.jpg

Lowbeam linked to it, but otherwise it wasn't posted. It's a great photo, pretty awesome composition for an iPhone pic, actually. She's clearly her father's daughter. :p

Ben
05-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Just a suggestion for whoever is running "AlizeeUSA" on Twitter - if the opportunity arises, I suggest that you reply directly to one of Alizée’s tweets so it will appear on her page and she will be aware of AlizeeUSA. I would love to see her add AlizeeUSA to her follow list.I believe it's Ben who's running it. You could also try re-tweeting one of her posts, which also would show up on her profile as a reply (since it'll have @mellealizee in it).
You got it. If you think of anything else, guys, both Brad and I update the account.

Karlalizee
05-02-2009, 04:32 PM
i am bored. someone message me or comment or twitter me. i am going crazy today. sob sob :(

edgar93
05-02-2009, 04:39 PM
i am bored. someone message me or comment or twitter me. i am going crazy today. sob sob :(

follow me/us so I can send you a message :p

Chommpers
05-03-2009, 01:53 AM

I still can't find you for some reason using the find people tool, you might have to add me, just look for chommpers ;) cya around

Yeah really like the iphone pic as well, not surprising she switched to the iphone from the blackberry, the introduction of the app store alone is a huge success, not to mention she is already an apple fan.

agreed as well :D

JimmyDean23
05-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Hey Karlalizee and anyone else who is bored, you could follow me and my story of four friends trying to survive a zombie attack. It was inspired by a series of notes my friend Harvey wrote at the hotels while on our trip to Washington D.C. I'm @JimmyDean23 (duh).

patyl
05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
So amazing how many followers has Alizee in her twitter compared from one week 'till now :D

BlackAdder
05-05-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm not much into the social networking, but for Alizee, OK. I am signed up and following. You can find me at @blackadderlv. But don't expect me to post much. :)

Roman
05-05-2009, 11:48 AM
Well, that didn't last long.:p Yeah, I would tend to get quickly bored of something like twitter too. I'm sure Alizée is too busy actually doing things to be thinking about posting stuff all the time.

Ben
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Careful Roman, looks like she might be watching what you say. ;)

is very satisfied and excited with her first finished songs !

Karlalizee
05-05-2009, 02:26 PM
this is for all you non-twitters:

mellealizeeis: very satisfied and excited with her first finished songs!

i do not know about you but this makes me excited :D

aw ben, you beat me to it grrrrr :mad: :p

05-05-2009, 04:18 PM
All kidding aside, I've been doing a little research on this "Twitter" thing and I'm actually extremely excited about Alizée making use of it!

I hope she blazes a new trail for all singers and musicians. We at this forum know she can.

It seems that at least a couple of you posted the link to Courtney Love's Salon.com Magazine interview where she talks the "inside baseball" of the music business: http://archive.salon.com/tech/feature/2000/06/14/love/
My gut is telling me(really, really hope I'm wrong in this regard!) that there is an absolute "Mt. Everest" of back stage drama behind Alizée and her career and that she wisely tries to keep it out of the public eyes. It's very plausible that she has been ripped-off and cheated in a myriad of ways. Possibly in ways similar and beyond what Courtney Love discusses in her Salon interview. (Alizée, I hope you're keeping a diary under lock and key, because someday, when the time is right, there will be an incredible story that needs to be told.)

Anyway, here we are in 2009 and musicians and singers are still working under difficult circumstances. This is where Twitter or something perhaps even better could come along and really create a playing field where artists and fans can both come out winners and the middle men, in particular the ones that have played the role of rip-off artists should finally be pushed out of the way! A solution is way, way overdue....and the Angel could be one of the ones to show the way to fix it.

For example: An artist could just get out, work hard and do alot of shows. Sign up for all the possible social network sites, but to avoid getting overloaded with work, just use Facebook, MySpace, etc. to point people to your Twitter handle and become followers. Send out regular tweets to your followers to stay in touch(Yeah, give them back some love). In the past, artists have basically had to create an "album" containing several songs so the economies of scale would make it practical to release a CD or record(also, requiring in the process, the middlemen(some, not so nice)). Now with downloading on the internet that can and probably should change. Think about it, many folks that are buying music online (moi, for example) are buying entire albums but, also more importantly and more frequently, songs à la carte.

The internet will now allow for artists to directly "tweet" to their followers and let them know "Hey, fresh, hot new tune available... preview and download at my site at abcxyz.com". Songs could be released and sold à la carte, then later combined into special release CD/DVD packages with some one off bonuses thrown in.

Bottom line is.....now with the web(and perhaps Twitter), there are numerous opportunities for the artists and their fans to make a mutually profitable and more direct connection. It would be absolutely wonderful to see Alizée with a million plus followers.....and they would all just be waiting to buy and download the next song! (Holds up left hand while right index finger hovers over select "BUY NOW!" button.)

And Alizée, I hope you are the one to show the way!

Got way more to say, but it's too long a post already.

Keep those "tweets" a comin'.

Ciao Baby!

Roman
05-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Careful Roman, looks like she might be watching what you say. ;)
oops, yeah now she's throwing me a little hint:
mellealizee (http://twitter.com/mellealizee) N°5 http://tinyurl.com/dmqxnr22 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/mellealizee/status/1709348154) from web

Hey, if it was that easy to get Alizée to talk to us ...

Future Raptor Ace
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
oops, yeah now she's throwing me a little hint:
mellealizee (http://twitter.com/mellealizee) N°5 http://tinyurl.com/dmqxnr22 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/mellealizee/status/1709348154) from web

Hey, if it was that easy to get Alizée to talk to us ...
wait.....................what? What am I missing here:confused:

Jenny_HRO87
05-05-2009, 04:44 PM
new funny Twitter pic :p

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/199065967/Photo_421.jpg

05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Got the following posted in the comments on alexpaniagua's most viewed Alizée YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM).

Dear Alex,

Congrats on having the most viewed Alizée video!

Is it possible to add comments to the video without losing the view count?

If it is, could you add Alizée's Twitter address to the comments so folks can follow her: twitter /mellealizee

Thanks,
Triple AAA from AlizéeAmerica

P.S. Guys, if you have time, sign in to YouTube and give my comment some "thumbs up" maybe that will help as well.

Roman
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Got the following posted in the comments on alexpaniagua's most viewed Alizée YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM).

Dear Alex,

Congrats on having the most viewed Alizée video!

Is it possible to add comments to the video without losing the view count?

If it is, could you add Alizée's Twitter address to the comments so folks can follow her: twitter /mellealizee

Thanks,
Triple AAA from AlizéeAmerica

P.S. Guys, if you have time, sign in to YouTube and give my comment some "thumbs up" maybe that will help as well.

Too bad that's not even the best example of that performance or recording of it anyway. Well, I gave you one thumb.

05-05-2009, 05:20 PM
Too bad that's not even the best example of that performance or recording of it anyway. Well, I gave you one thumb.

Hey, thanks Roman.

It's about the view count, trying to get the numbers.

Hopefully Alex will post her Twitter handle in the area by his YouTube username for all to see in perpetuity.

I PM'ed him via YouTube as well.

Roman
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Hey, thanks Roman.

It's about the view count, trying to get the numbers.

Hopefully Alex will post her Twitter handle in the area by his YouTube username for all to see in perpetuity.

I PM'ed him via YouTube as well.Yeah, I know, that's why I said it's too bad, because I understand why you want to support this one. Nevertheless, it's not like it's bad! It's one of the awesomest Alizée videos; so woohoo! et youpidou !

wasabi622
05-05-2009, 08:41 PM
ok, im a little confused.
did anyone else watch that video she put up on her twitter?

its some chanel movie thingy, and i have no clue as to what it has to do with alizee.
o_O

i feel like im missing out on something.

Srbski-kralj
05-05-2009, 08:44 PM

its some chanel movie thingy, and i have no clue as to what it has to do with alizee.
o_O

Ur not the only one man lol, im in the sme boat as u.

SimonH
05-05-2009, 09:00 PM
looks like female clone advertisement. The man can not resist the scent of it & is able to track the smell down. Looks like it is trying to get the message out that it will pick up lots of dudes.

Maybe Alizee posted the link because she uses it & like it or something.

Toc De Mac
05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
The commercial was very recently released, and I'm guessing that she simply likes it. :)

YesterdaysAirRace
05-05-2009, 09:27 PM
The commercial was very recently released, and I'm guessing that she simply likes it. :)

Probably because it stars Audrey Tautou, who also stars in her favorite movie :) In fact, the clip was also made by the same guy who directed <i>Amélie</i>.

wasabi622
05-05-2009, 10:29 PM
yeah that makes sense.

im just curious as to how we managed to find Alizee's actual twitter. i mean, im not too familiar with twitter, but how do we know it aint some role player?

but im glad that shes doing it in english! at least i can read it.
:P

Ruroshen
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
yeah that makes sense.

im just curious as to how we managed to find Alizee's actual twitter. i mean, im not too familiar with twitter, but how do we know it aint some role player?

Your skepticism isn't entirely unfounded--there's a TON of fake celebs on Twitter, after all, and as FRA said, fans were often fooled by faux Lilis on MySpace before the 'Officiel' page was created.

However, the fact that the info came directly from Julien (see Jenny's first post in the thread), combined with the iPhone photo she posted on Friday (in which she's reflected taking the photo in her friend's sunglasses) makes me extremely confident that this is actually her.

wasabi622
05-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Yea, the iphone photo was pretty sweet, and got me convinced too.

that makes it so exciting!
:D :D :D

Chommpers
05-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Yeah Alizée did mention that Amélie was her favorite movie at one time and Audrey Tautou who stared in Amélie also plays Chanel in the new Coco Chanel movie, so it's possible she is looking forward to this movie so posted a trailer.

Ben
05-05-2009, 11:13 PM
Yea, the iphone photo was pretty sweet, and got me convinced too.
Not to mention the two unseen profile pics:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/374/016613080.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?image=016613080.jpg) http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/1403/photo421.th.jpg (http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=photo421.jpg)

wasabi622
05-05-2009, 11:15 PM
yup yup yup.

i didn't mean to create doubt!
i was just wondering.

:P

ima believer.

05-06-2009, 01:41 AM

o_O

Ur not the only one man lol, im in the sme boat as u.

looks like female clone advertisement. The man can not resist the scent of it & is able to track the smell down. Looks like it is trying to get the message out that it will pick up lots of dudes.

Maybe Alizee posted the link because she uses it & like it or something.

Probably because it stars Audrey Tautou, who also stars in her favorite movie :) In fact, the clip was also made by the same guy who directed <i>Amélie</i>.

Yeah Alizée did mention that Amélie was her favorite movie at one time and Audrey Tautou who stared in Amélie also plays Chanel in the new Coco Chanel movie, so it's possible she is looking forward to this movie so posted a trailer.

I think Alizée enjoys a multi-faceted approach, so as well as the points above, we most certainly should be paying attention to the lyrics in the video:
I'm a fool to want you
I'm a fool to want you
To want a love that can't be true
A love that's there (for) others too

I'm a fool to hold you
Such a fool to hold you
I love you (Evidently, this last line is not in the original Billie Holiday song.)

Also, there was talk a while back about her being in a movie....

Is this possibly the one?

dreamer
05-06-2009, 03:15 AM
I just noticed that Alizée follows Lily Allen on Twitter:)

M'alizee
05-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I just noticed that Alizée follows Lily Allen on Twitter:)

lol i don't saw this^^

Roman
05-07-2009, 01:12 AM
Oh ok. I didn't know there was actually some movie also related to this Chanel thing. Well, that would explain why there's so much hype over it right now (and Audrey).

Ruroshen
05-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Oh ok. I didn't know there was actually some movie also related to this Chanel thing. Well, that would explain why there's so much hype over it right now (and Audrey).
Yep! I am so jazzed to see it, you have no idea.

It came out on the 22nd in France and Belgium, and is gradually rolling out across Europe over the summer...but I haven't seen a North American release date for it yet. I have my fingers crossed that even if it doesn't get a wide release, it may still play at some of the smaller festival or repertory cinemas in Toronto or Montreal.

Roman
05-07-2009, 05:45 AM
Yep! I am so jazzed to see it, you have no idea.

It came out on the 22nd in France and Belgium, and is gradually rolling out across Europe over the summer...but I haven't seen a North American release date for it yet. I have my fingers crossed that even if it doesn't get a wide release, it may still play at some of the smaller festival or repertory cinemas in Toronto or Montreal.
Is it in French? They have a French film festival here in Sacramento in June. I wonder.

LL Cool B
05-07-2009, 05:02 PM
Ummmmmm? What is our little one up to now?
mellealizee: ROB - "Le Dodécalogue" http://institubes.com/rob

Roman
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Ummmmmm? What is our little one up to now?
mellealizee: ROB - "Le Dodécalogue" http://institubes.com/rob
Uh, yeah. I don't think that has anything to do with her, just people she's working with. But yeah, it gives you an idea of the kind of people she knows or is working with maybe. Institubes in any case.

Ruroshen
05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Uh, yeah. I don't think that has anything to do with her, just people she's working with. But yeah, it gives you an idea of the kind of people she knows or is working with maybe. Institubes in any case.
Exactly. I could be wrong, but I think it serves a dual purpose of pimping a cool, ambitious and artistically risky project that somebody on the same label is working on...while maybe giving us some insight into how Institubes does its thing.

I must say, I am really intrigued by Dodecalogue. Everything about it tickles me, from the theme to the delivery system, from the whole multi-tier patronage angle to the 'grand experiment' feel of the whole thing. Just the fact that they essentially say "seriously, what the hell are we thinking?" right there in the promotional blurb is awesome. Even though I've never heard any of R O B's music before tonight (though I do really dig the three samples I've heard), I find myself really tempted to support it just for the hell of it. Just the idea of it is crazy, ambitious, quixotic, and kind of brilliant. It reminds me an awful lot of the year that Jonathan Coulton spent on his 'Thing A Week' project, which was a completely awesome experience.

Look at how easy they're making it to get internationally, too, directly from them. Gotta say, it fills me with hope.

Ben
05-07-2009, 11:52 PM
Aye, it sounds like a cool idea, though not sure I'm down with the subject.

Anyway, found this browsing Alizée's friends on Twitter: http://lolalola.fr/index.php?/ongoing/love/

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3252/17alizee.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17alizee.jpg)

Jenny_HRO87
05-08-2009, 01:24 AM

Anyway, found this browsing Alizée's friends on Twitter: http://lolalola.fr/index.php?/ongoing/love/

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/3252/17alizee.th.jpg (http://img259.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17alizee.jpg)

thx Ben... really beautiful picture! :wub:

rehochipe
05-08-2009, 02:18 AM
amazing photo!

thanks man!

Ran Vijay
05-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Yes, nice photos. Interesting....

puffyrock2
05-08-2009, 01:59 PM

anyone care to print it out and use it as a mask?:)

05-08-2009, 02:24 PM
this is for all you non-twitters:

mellealizeeis: very satisfied and excited with her first finished songs!

i do not know about you but this makes me excited :D

aw ben, you beat me to it grrrrr :mad: :p

Moi....Karlita, I do think you've become a "Twitterholic"! Awesome.

I believe that "grrrrr :mad: :p" is the cutest I've seen in print. I can literally picture you doing it in my mind. lol

P.S. Ben has been at this for years, when it comes to Alizée he's like QuickDraw McGraw! He's hard to beat, but with hard work and dedication it can be done!:)

Here's to Ben:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hujvVmuLuoM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hujvVmuLuoM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Srbski-kralj
05-08-2009, 03:48 PM
ahahaha yeah ur riht about that lol.

05-08-2009, 04:14 PM
Flash, this just in moments ago.....
Tweet, Tweet! oO0Alizée0Oo wins! Tweet, Tweet!:eek:

at https://twitter.com/AAofA:D

Jenny_HRO87
05-09-2009, 02:56 PM
something form goodbyedarkness aka House of kids... Lili follows them on Twitter...

a photo from the studio...

"Where is Ali?"

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8888/etax.jpg (http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=etax.jpg)

oh... I see her :D

alizeeindia
05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Oh yes, I can see her too.... Careful observation!!......

alizeeindia
05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Alizee's new update:

Alizee's team -

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8884/kidfct.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kidfct.jpg)

Rachelizee
05-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I've succumbed to the Twitter fad as well.I'd been ignoring it so far but Lil Miss Lili has persuaded me to follow her :D. For those interested I'm @rachelizee (original I know !). Follow me and I may follow you ( at a discreet distance of course ;))

SimonH
05-12-2009, 12:37 PM
I posted tht pic in the new pics thread awhile ago.

LL Cool B
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
I dig a lot of things about this photo.

1. Dig the composition. Way cool with everyone's back turned. (I like to do crazy stuff like that too when taking pics)

2. Dig the black and white and faux grainy-ness (this smells like it has big Papa Jo's fingerprints all over it)

3. Dig that those Chateau Marmont cats are in the pic.

4. Dig the guy in the hoodie. Don't know why, but I dig him.

5. Dig the fact that she is sporting the same vest she wore in Mexico. I guess the global recession has hit Lili's closet too!:)

6. Dig the belt.

7. And last but not least, Dig that confident little (dare I say "shit eating") grin she has.

-B

wasabi622
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
thats a pretty sweet pic!

i like how short Alizee is compared to everyone else. :p

by the way.. anyone curious as to why she writes so much in English? i figured she'd use French more than anything, seeing as how she's French! :p

Tiwaz
05-12-2009, 04:38 PM
by the way.. anyone curious as to why she writes so much in English? i figured she'd use French more than anything, seeing as how she's French! :p

Realizing she have an international fanbase perhaps.

wasabi622
05-12-2009, 04:45 PM
yeah, i figured that too.. only that i think it'll make more sense if she used like spanish or something, i mean, doesn't she have more spanish fans anyways?:blink:

then again, i remember hearing that she takes english lessons.

*shrugs*

SimonH
05-12-2009, 07:33 PM
thats a pretty sweet pic!

i like how short Alizee is compared to everyone else. :p

Think about it.... literally just about every country speaks two languages (besides the United States), their native tongue & English. That said one could figure she writes in English because she has French, English, Spanish, Russian, & then some Scandinavian fans. So to make it easier to understand globally & since English is pretty much a global/universal language she writes in English.

Ben
05-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Alizee's new update:

Alizee's team -

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8884/kidfct.th.jpg (http://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kidfct.jpg)
In da house! ;)

wasabi622
05-12-2009, 08:16 PM
Think about.... literally just about every country speaks two languages (besides the United States), their native tongue & English. That said one could figure she writes in English because she has French, English, Spanish, Russian, & then some Scandinavian fans. So to make it easier to understand globally & since English is pretty much a global/universal language she writes in English.

yeah, that makes sense. :D

chazkimies
05-13-2009, 10:19 AM
i'm using twitter now all because of you-know-who:D
also little that i know that my father and my big sis are using twitter too.:p

wasabi622
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM
hehehe, i do twitter too.. but i don't get internet access with my phone. :D

Edcognito
05-14-2009, 08:54 PM
What the hell is twitter? How do I use it? Is it like a newsfeed or something? I'm at work (of course) when I find this, and can't access anything... :(

Any help appreciated muchly! Thanks,

Ed:cool:

edgar93
05-14-2009, 09:39 PM
What the hell is twitter? How do I use it? Is it like a newsfeed or something? I'm at work (of course) when I find this, and can't access anything... :(

Check this thread Ed :cool::

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4652

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=127790&postcount=4

05-14-2009, 10:50 PM

As Edgar93 suggested those threads will help, plus you can visit http://twitter.com/ (http://twitter.com/) and here's a video:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddO9idmax0o&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ddO9idmax0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Ruroshen
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I'd just like to point out that edgar's links are proof that I was using Twitter before all the cool kids started. :p

LL Cool B
05-19-2009, 05:33 PM
So I wonder what happened. No tweets for a week? She must be working hard on the new album. Long hours in the studio with Bruce Dickenson...that's right, THE Bruce Dickenson. MORE COWBELL!:)

-B

Alizee Mid-West
05-19-2009, 08:23 PM
Alizee needs MORE Cowbell

http://www.japanisshinto.com/images/cowbell.gif

wasabi622
05-20-2009, 05:36 PM
um... what's cowbell??? :blink:

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 07:48 PM
yeah please elaborate lol im lost to.

Ben
05-20-2009, 08:05 PM
Best sketch ever. Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of Blue Oyster Cult, edit: and am seeing them live on June 6th! :)

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="pageurl=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/628756/&file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/video/431176/628756.flv&mediaid=628756&title=SNL more cowbell skit&tags=skit,sketch,will,ferral,snl,standup,coemdy,co wbell,haha,lol&description=My personal favorite skit with Will Ferral. Hillarious SNL sketch.&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccccc&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/thumbs/video/431176/628756.jpg&username=guywithknife" wmode="transparent" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="425" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

lefty12357
05-20-2009, 08:14 PM
So I wonder what happened. No tweets for a week? She must be working hard on the new album. Long hours in the studio with Bruce Dickenson...that's right, THE Bruce Dickenson. MORE COWBELL!:)

-B

My guess is the novelty of Twitter has worn off a bit for her. Hopefully, I think she will continue to use it to communicate, but it may not be as often as it was the first week or two.

It's amazing how uplifting this was for her fan community to actually receive messages from her. It goes a long way to creating a lot of good will between her and her fans. I hope she sees the value in keeping it up.

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Best sketch ever. Incidentally, I'm a huge fan of Blue Oyster Cult, edit: and am seeing them live on June 6th! :)

<embed src="http://www.ebaumsworld.com/player.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" flashvars="pageurl=http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/628756/&file=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/video/431176/628756.flv&mediaid=628756&title=SNL more cowbell skit&tags=skit,sketch,will,ferral,snl,standup,coemdy,co wbell,haha,lol&description=My personal favorite skit with Will Ferral. Hillarious SNL sketch.&displayheight=325&backcolor=0x0d0d0d&lightoclor=0x336699&frontcolor=0xcccccc&image=http://media.ebaumsworld.com/thumbs/video/431176/628756.jpg&username=guywithknife" wmode="transparent" loop="false" menu="false" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="425" height="345" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

ahahahah Ben thats was funy.

LL Cool B
05-20-2009, 08:38 PM
My guess is the novelty of Twitter has worn off a bit for her. Hopefully, I think she will continue to use it to communicate, but it may not be as often as it was the first week or two.

It's amazing how uplifting this was for her fan community to actually receive messages from her. It goes a long way to creating a lot of good will between her and her fans. I hope she sees the value in keeping it up.

I sure hope my More Cowbell theory is the reason, and not your loosing interest theory, because it would be a shame. Like you said, her communications did uplift the fan base. Well at least for me it did, I shouldn't speak for others.

-B

Ben
05-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Word on the street is she may be shooting a new video at the moment.

lefty12357
05-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I sure hope my More Cowbell theory is the reason, and not your loosing interest theory, because it would be a shame. Like you said, her communications did uplift the fan base. Well at least for me it did, I shouldn't speak for others.

-B

I don't think she's loosing interest, I just think as Twitter becomes more routine for her, she may “tweet” us less frequently. I think that’s just human nature when anything new eventually becomes common place. I guess my point was that we probably shouldn't be disappointed if she doesn't send us 4 or 5 tweets every week as time goes on.

As Ben pointed out, there is a rumor that she is working on a video, so she may be too busy right now to tweet...:)

Jess
05-20-2009, 11:38 PM
Here's a summary of Alizée's activity thus far on Twitter in case anyone was curious... ;)

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9369/mellealizee1.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mellealizee1.jpg) http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/66/mellealizee2.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mellealizee2.jpg) http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/2903/mellealizee3.jpg (http://img42.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mellealizee3.jpg)

JimmyDean23
05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Sorry for going off topic but I have a story that fits here.

I was in Branson, MO for the state Beta club convention and a girl from my school was running for office. We had to do a skit and we decided to do our own version of the cowbell skit. I was the lead guitarist but instead of using a real guitar I had to use a guitar hero controller. it was terrible and everything went wrong, the music skipped, the giant thermometer that I built didnt work and I almost slid off the stage when I did a powerslide. However, it was so amazing to perform in front of thousands of people, and the whole time I was thinking "so this is what its like for Lili when she performs on stage." It was an amazing feeling to have all those people cheering for us. I wish I could be up on stage with her at the next concert.

Ben
05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Hey keep pointing out when she stops tweeting guys, cause it seems to make her post more. ;)

Enjoy ! http://bit.ly/18BRj

Another collaborator, or just a group she likes? Can definitely notice a trend in the type of music. Can't say I love it myself, but very cool animation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_WwHsE6DBk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_WwHsE6DBk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.myspace.com/birdynamnam

Jenny_HRO87
05-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Another collaborator, or just a group she likes? Can definitely notice a trend in the type of music. Don't totally love it myself, but very cool animation:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_WwHsE6DBk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u_WwHsE6DBk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I don't like it... terrible... :blink:

lefty12357
05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
I don't like it... terrible... :blink:

I'm not crazy about it either, although I don't hate it.

I hope whatever music she is working on for her next album won’t overshadow the heart and soul or the essence of Alizée. To me, Alizée’s voice is about warmth and emotion, and I hope the new music compliments that quality.

I’m glad she’s sharing these little tidbits with us, though. This isn’t information she needs to share, it’s information she chooses to share, with us.

Ruroshen
05-21-2009, 11:28 AM

It's certainly different. She definitely appears to be going through a techno/electronica/New Wave phase. The animation is very cool, as Ben said.

I hope whatever music she is working on for her next album won’t overshadow the heart and soul or the essence of Alizée. To me, Alizée’s voice is about warmth and emotion, and I hope the new music compliments that quality.

I think it could work, actually, and work well. Some of my favorite remixes of songs from the past three albums have a definite techno edge to them. We'll see, I suppose...!

I’m glad she’s sharing these little tidbits with us, though. This isn’t information she needs to share, it’s information she chooses to share, with us.

Agreed. It's really cool to see her reaching out to her fans, if only just a little. :p

Jess
05-21-2009, 11:48 AM

My sentiments are exactly... ;)
It's also quite possible that she's just testing the waters to see what reaction her fans have to this kind of music, if it's in any way related to her new album, I guess we will know soon enough... ;)

LL Cool B
05-21-2009, 02:57 PM
Hey keep pointing out when she stops tweeting guys, cause it seems to make her post more. ;)

Another collaborator, or just a group she likes? Can definitely notice a trend in the type of music. Can't say I love it myself, but very cool animation:

So if this is the direction she is taking her music, Hey, that's cool in the gang with me. Can't say it is my favorite. I mean, after all, my days of glow sticks, whistles, and pacifiers hanging around my neck are long over.

As long as she is doing what makes her happy. "Exploring the studio space...really, .....exploring the space" as the great Bruce Dickenson once said (as you well know)

-B

Srbski-kralj
05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Yeah exactly, the thing she posted was praty funny to me at leat. hte music I think 50/50 on it my self, I dont hate it but i dont compleatly love it eather. Nice animations. Lol Jess thats an awesome sig man. Oh and Ben yur avitar pictures are getting wilder all the time, they are nice :)

SimonH
05-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Can't say it is my favorite. I mean, after all, my days of glow sticks, whistles, and pacifiers hanging around my neck are long over.

I found this to be very funny. I remember when I was a little kid (5 - 8) teens used to wear pacifiers, even suck on them. Very strange style that was pretty big were I lived in the 90s.

Chommpers
05-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Yeah I didn't really like the music either, went to their myspace and gave the full song a listen but I couldn't really get into it even though I like lots of different techno and trance music. I did find it pretty funny though once you guys started to say she stopped twittering she posted a message to prove you all wrong. :p

Also how did all this new tattoo talk start, has someone heard something we haven't or think this video is a indication of a new tattoo? I just don't see where they got the idea she was thinking of getting another.

Ben
05-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Made a new thread for the tattoo discussion: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4748

Sir Wood
05-22-2009, 07:16 PM

I don't know... I can see it being used as a small intro for or intermission during a concert. And yes, cool animation.

CinnamonPixie
05-24-2009, 04:06 AM
if we will get some news on this page I will definitely join Twitter... at last Alizée was the only reason to sign up at myspace :D

EDIT: current profil picture

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/184326343/IMG_0378_2.JPG

She's on MySpace?! :eek: Now I do wish Daddy would let me get on there... I do have a Twitter account though... *runs off to add a certain someone*

Jenny_HRO87
05-24-2009, 10:51 AM
New update

Oxmo's daughter birthday party!
http://yfrog.com/5k70228700j

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2971/70228700.jpg[/QUOTE]

that's sweet :)

@CinnamonPixie: her myspace wasn't updated for months... :(

dreamer
05-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Who is Oxmo? The one who helped her with her last album?

mavsluver41
05-24-2009, 12:57 PM
Who is Oxmo? The one who helped her with her last album?

Oxmo Puccino, I assume, the man we have to thank for "Décollage" (or in some cases, NOT thank :p) and "Par les paupières." I think those are the only two songs to which he contributed, but I could be wrong :confused:.

M'alizee
05-24-2009, 03:22 PM
Oxmo Puccino, I assume, the man we have to thank for "Décollage" (or in some cases, NOT thank :p) and "Par les paupières." I think those are the only two songs to which he contributed, but I could be wrong :confused:.

oxmo puccino is a french raper and wrotes the song decollage and par les paupieres! for alizées 3rd album

AceTone
05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Is there a chance he's involved in the next one? I would like that.

Sir Wood
05-25-2009, 06:16 PM
She's on MySpace?! :eek: Now I do wish Daddy would let me get on there... I do have a Twitter account though... *runs off to add a certain someone*
You're better off with just sticking to Facebook and Twitter for Lili stuff... :/

CinnamonPixie
05-26-2009, 04:04 AM
You're better off with just sticking to Facebook and Twitter for Lili stuff... :/

Oh really? Ok. Thanks. I've never played with Facebook (or MySpace - other than to see what some of my friends do on their pages).

wasabi622
05-26-2009, 12:05 PM

Hey, i LOVED Decollage!! at first i was like.. seriously Alizee, rap?!
but after i heard it a couple times, i kinda liked how cute little Alizee was trying to be all... rappy? :p

Vista
05-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Oxmo on Twitter?
http://twitter.com/oxmopuccino

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitter_production/profile_images/195969616/Puccino.jpg

alizeeindia
05-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Alizée likes this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4J8KJZ6F

That's her new update. It's an Mp3 - IF YOU SEEK AMY (Comedia Dell'Ar.mp3). Downloading now......

OK...so its a mix of Brittney's If you seek Amy and Alizee's M'lle Juliette. Good and as Alizee recommends, it's great.

mavsluver41
05-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Brittney's If you seek Amy

Really :blink:? It's catchy and all, but that is a ridiculously trashy song: I wonder if Alizée realizes what it means :confused:.

M'alizee
05-26-2009, 04:44 PM
i dont like that song.

lefty12357
05-26-2009, 05:00 PM
While listening to it I kept thinking that I'd much rather hear Alizée's voice...:)

JimmyDean23
05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Is Britney still making "music"? God I wish she would drop off the face of the earth. I'm really concerned about Lili's choice in music these days.

ALS
05-26-2009, 07:06 PM
Is Britney still making "music"? God I wish she would drop off the face of the earth. I'm really concerned about Lili's choice in music these days.

Seems since she dumped KFed things have improved with her. Last CD did pretty well and was accepted by the main stream music critics.

TheBarrett
05-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Seems since she dumped KFed things have improved with her. Last CD did pretty well and was accepted by the main stream music critics.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_793f914a95db41c5b7a41785176b1d49.jpg

It only goes to show how poorly directed mainstream music critics are.
They wouldn't know talent if it knocked them on the head with a wrench.
Britney does not even write her own songs, and there is this slight problem I have with "performers without a personal flair".
Most mainstream music is the battle of songwriters/performers/managers vs. other songwriters/performers/managers.
This is why I adore non-mainstream music, those with an ear and a mindset for music struggle hard to create vast compositions of brilliant persona, that expresses an inner beauty and spirit of the songwriters.
I have nothing to say to mainstream music, i've said much, and many others have said the same things, all I can say is that I pity the fans of mainstream for not having the ear to locate more beautiful music, and that I envy them in that they can enjoy such simple, surrogate, 2nd class compositions, whilst completely ignoring masterpieces of atmospheric splendour.

Sir Wood
05-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Well, she always did like Britney. So, at first I was thinking Lili was going to be signing the song. Meh, I've no problem with Britney's songs...

05-26-2009, 08:01 PM
Well, I'll admit it's pretty much an absolute SWAG(scientific wild ass guess) on my part, but I'm thinking that Lili didn't know about this (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:avTYaGUjR7wJ:www.earvolution.com/2009/01/britney-spears-if-you-seek-amy-lyrics.asp+if+you+seek+amy+lyrics&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a) aspect of the song.

Sir Wood
05-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Well, I'll admit it's pretty much an absolute SWAG(scientific wild ass guess) on my part, but I'm thinking that Lili didn't know about this (http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:avTYaGUjR7wJ:www.earvolution.com/2009/01/britney-spears-if-you-seek-amy-lyrics.asp+if+you+seek+amy+lyrics&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a) aspect of the song.

The same could be said with Mylène's works (ie: JEAM). But in the end an individual will always take away what they want to hear and those meanings that may not be in line with the artist's own impression.

05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
The same could be said with Mylène's works (ie: JEAM). But in the end an individual will always take away what they want to hear and those meanings that may not be in line with the artist's own impression.

That's right! It's kind of like your handle, Sir Wood.:D

mavsluver41
05-26-2009, 09:32 PM
That's right! It's kind of like your handle, Sir Wood.:D

That, my friend, was completely unnecessary and uncalled for :p.

Regardless of what meanings were intended and what interpretations were made, I still don't like Alizée's name associated with that song at all.

BlackAdder
05-28-2009, 01:48 PM
New message posted today...

@mellealizee ça c'est la classe! http://bit.ly/7CeRx

Ruroshen
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Alright, this one has me scratching my head. It's an ad for Le Grand Journal. Huh? :confused:

LL Cool B
05-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Alright, this one has me scratching my head. It's an ad for Le Grand Journal. Huh? :confused:

Maybe she meant to link to a particular story on that page. She did indicate that what ever she was linking us to was "classy". hmmm.

-B

edgar93
05-28-2009, 03:11 PM

I think she wanted to show us this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2166/chateau.png

Maybe they are going to talk about Chateau Marmont in Le Grand Journal. Makes sense.

Jenny_HRO87
05-28-2009, 03:28 PM

Chateau Marmont wrote something about it on their Twitter too...

http://twitter.com/chateau_marmont

damn I love the song from the Teaser... :)

full one:
chateau marmont - anything & everywhere
<object width="350" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2vRkLxTMA0&hl=de&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I2vRkLxTMA0&hl=de&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="350" height="300"></embed></object>

Bigdan
05-28-2009, 07:47 PM
I think she wanted to show us this:

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2166/chateau.png

Maybe they are going to talk about Chateau Marmont in Le Grand Journal. Makes sense.

It means that, when you click on the " coming next" video, you can see that they ( Canal+) gonna use the Chateau Marmont song in their " coming next" sequence in Le Grand Journal for the week to come. (May 25 to 29)
(They changes the theme every week)

:rolleyes:

Sir Wood
05-28-2009, 08:03 PM
It means that, when you click on the " coming next" video, you can see that they ( Canal+) gonna use the Chateau Marmont song in their " coming next" sequence in Le Grand Journal for the week to come. (May 25 to 29)
(They changes the theme every week)

:rolleyes:
Agreed. It would be the same as if we just saw a Lili song to be used in an upcoming show, then we'd probably tweet about it. Sort of like when we heard about ML being featured in A Good Year. In Paris now huh Bigdan? :cool:

SimonH
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Really :blink:? It's catchy and all, but that is a ridiculously trashy song: I wonder if Alizée realizes what it means :confused:.

Really funny how people like you think Alizée is nothing but purity. So what if she likes a trashy song & I'm pretty sure she understands it.

mavsluver41
05-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Really funny how people like you think Alizée is nothing but purity. So what if she likes a trashy song & I'm pretty sure she understands it.

What :confused:? Who said I thought she was "nothing but purity"?

I would be much obliged if you could point out what exactly in my comment led you to your conclusion. That's funny because I'm almost positive she doesn't understand it: a) her grasp of English isn't that great, b) most native English speakers (me included) do not realize what the song means until they are told, and c) if she understood what it meant, she would not have posted it on her twitter ;).

SimonH
05-28-2009, 10:44 PM
You don't know that. Don't pretend you do.

In an interview long ago she said she took English classes so I'd bet you it has improved since then. Also her dad speaks fluent English & so does her husband. Not to mention shes been exposed to English in the English songs shes done.

The "tone" in your post lead me to my conclusion & the below quote from you supports my conclusion.

c) if she understood what it meant, she would not have posted it on her twitter ;).

You know this how, If you know Alizee personally then forgive me for doubting you.

Ben
05-28-2009, 11:12 PM
b) most native English speakers (me included) do not realize what the song means until they are told
Really? Personally I don't know how else to interpret it, especially when the first shot of the music video says "Britney Spears song lyrics spell out obscenity in disguise". I don't think they were even trying to be subtle with this one, and would venture to guess Alizée's aware since she's a Britney fan (horror to some, I know), but who knows... No need to attack each other over it.

Anyway, pretty cool with the Chateau Marmont thing! :)

mavsluver41
05-28-2009, 11:34 PM
No need to attack each other over it.

Sorry, I don't usually do this :o. I just thought my comments were misunderstood and needed clarification.

Really? I don't know how else it could be interpreted, especially when the first shot of the music video says "Britney Spears song lyrics spell out obscenity in disguise".

That explains it: I've never seen the music video :p. I heard it on *Barrett, cover your ears* the radio :p.

In an interview long ago she said she took English classes so I'd bet you it has improved since then. Also her dad speaks fluent English & so does her husband. Not to mention shes been exposed to English in the English songs shes done.

You don't know that. Don't pretend you do. :D

It's generally accepted that her English is not very good (see Moscow concerts for evidence). You're entitled to your own opinion though :).

& the below quote from you supports my conclusion.

Do you honestly believe that Alizée would intentionally condone a remix of her song that screams "F me" every 5 seconds :rolleyes:? Regardless of whether you do, even though I don't know Alizée personally, I like to think otherwise. That's what I believe (maybe some of the members here would agree with me), and I'd appreciate it if you were a bit more respectful toward the opinions of "people like me," even if they are "really funny" :).

That's it, I'm done with this debate (I promise, Ben) :p.

TheBarrett
05-28-2009, 11:40 PM
That explains it: I've never seen the music video :p. I heard it on the *Barrett, cover your ears* the radio :p.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/69/l_793f914a95db41c5b7a41785176b1d49.jpg

...Is the big bad radio gone?

Ben
05-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Hmph look how everyone's afraid of me now, don't know if I like it! Don't worry, mavsluver, that was directed at Mr. Simon too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, not to continue the debate too much, but as I mentioned Alizée has said she's a Britney fan, so I imagine she's seen the video, perhaps even followed the controversy, and and is well aware what the song means. Though I'm also sure it's far less controversial in France, where tracks like Moi Lolita climb the charts.

SimonH
05-29-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah we forget other countries are less uptight about such topics as we are in the United States.

JimmyDean23
05-29-2009, 12:23 AM
Mavs, its usually best to ignore Simon if he tries to argue.

Also I hope Lili doesnt know what this song means but she probably does.

Btw, I'm not afraid of you Ben. (dont hurt me):p

TheBarrett
05-29-2009, 12:27 AM
Mavs, its usually best to ignore Simon if he tries to argue.

Also I hope Lili doesnt know what this song means but she probably does.

Btw, I'm not afraid of you Ben. (dont hurt me):p

There is of course, no problem that she knows what this song is about.
She's gotten more action than about 50% of the people here and I can see that for a fact.
So why not, besides music is for the melody, the lyrics should always be second. Unfortunately I despise the sound of Britney music and the lyrics are often typical.
Of course, she may be free to like the music (or the lyrics, whatever floats her boat, aye?)

Jess
05-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Don't be ashamed mavsluver41, a lot of english speaking people did not know this either, as it's obviously reflected by many posts on many forums. I too did not know of this since I don't follow Britney's music, or cared to listen to the song Alizée linked once I learned who sang it. No disrespect to her fans, it's just not my taste... ;)

Future Raptor Ace
05-29-2009, 01:00 AM
Don't be ashamed mavsluver41, a lot of english speaking people did not know this either, as it's obviously reflected by many posts on many forums. I too did not know of this since I don't follow Britney's music, or cared to listen to the song Alizée linked once I learned who sang it. No disrespect to her fans, it's just not my taste... ;)
Hahah I agree with you 100 percent, its just I don't think I would've said it as politely as you put it.

Bigdan
05-29-2009, 05:19 AM
Hmph look how everyone's afraid of me now, don't know if I like it! Don't worry, mavsluver, that was directed at Mr. Simon too. :rolleyes:

Anyway, not to continue the debate too much, but as I mentioned Alizée has said she's a Britney fan, so I imagine she's seen the video, perhaps even followed the controversy, and and is well aware what the song means. Though I'm also sure it's far less controversial in France, where tracks like Moi Lolita climb the charts.

If you means by that , we are open minded, well...remember
1/ Lolita was controversial when it hit the charts in France
2/ Most of French people do not react to the lyrics of the Britney' song cause they simply don't undersand it...

LL Cool B
05-29-2009, 05:40 PM
How about we try this out for size? Maybe, just maybe, Alizee twittered that she liked this remix because she likes the technical aspects, and the blending of the 2 songs from a musicality standpoint.

She may very well be aware of the controversy attached to the song, but could give a rats rear end. She just appreciates the art of the mix. She is after all, as we have seen, very involved in mixing her new album.

Maybe we are not given her enough credit here.

Just a thought

-B

Tiwaz
05-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I actually dreamt Alizée posted several new posts on twitter, to my disappointment it wasn't real. Is this a sign of addiction? :D

SimonH
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
yes it is.

lefty12357
05-29-2009, 08:35 PM
How about we try this out for size? Maybe, just maybe, Alizee twittered that she liked this remix because she likes the technical aspects, and the blending of the 2 songs from a musicality standpoint.

She may very well be aware of the controversy attached to the song, but could give a rats rear end. She just appreciates the art of the mix. She is after all, as we have seen, very involved in mixing her new album.

Maybe we are not given her enough credit here.

Just a thought

-B

Sort of what I thought too. Since she seems to be a fan of Britney, Alizée may have just liked hearing Britney's voice mixed with her own music. Regardless of how one feels about Britney, she is still huge in the business.

wasabi622
05-29-2009, 11:59 PM

hahaha, thats like exactly what i do when i listen to Alizee's music! though of course, her songs aren't what you'd classify as trashy. by that i mean, i first listen and like her songs cuz i find them catchy and intresting, and once i like them more, i then try to go and figure out what they mean.

like right now, im totally digging decollege and a quoi rêve une jeune fille.. but have yet to figure out what they mean.

:p

edgar93
05-30-2009, 12:12 AM
like right now, im totally digging decollege and a quoi rêve une jeune fille.. but have yet to figure out what they mean.

:p

If you succees I would be glad to read your reflections, Wasabi :)!

This might help ya:

http://alizee-reflections.net/

Roman
05-30-2009, 02:27 AM
Well, I went to YouTube to watch Britney's song once. I wasn't really paying all that close attention, but either way, I couldn't make out from listening to it what it was about. Honestly, many times people don't pay much attention to what is being said in a song, especially young people I think. I'm pretty sure that I have listened to songs that were many years old that I had heard many times over the years and only after all that time actually paid enough attention to get what it was saying.

Ruroshen
05-30-2009, 03:35 AM
Well, I went to YouTube to watch Britney's song once. I wasn't really paying all that close attention, but either way, I couldn't make out from listening to it what it was about.

Really? 'Cause I just watched it for the first time myself, and I found it pretty hard to miss...

"All the boys and all the girls are (dying? begging?) to If You Seek Amy..."

"If You Seek Amy tonight, we'll do whatever you like..."

Ain't a whole lot of room for interpretation there, methinks. :p

Anyway, though I'm not crazy about Britney or the original song myself, it's a surprisingly cool remix that works remarkably well without any apparent alteration to either the vocals or the music. I can see why she'd dig it.

Honestly, many times people don't pay much attention to what is being said in a song, especially young people I think. I'm pretty sure that I have listened to songs that were many years old that I had heard many times over the years and only after all that time actually paid enough attention to get what it was saying.

Hmm. In that case, "Turning Japanese" probably isn't about what you think it's about... :p

Ben
05-30-2009, 06:01 AM
Really? 'Cause I just watched it for the first time myself, and I found it pretty hard to miss...

"All the boys and all the girls are (dying? begging?) to If You Seek Amy..."
The line before that also. Not to sound condescending, but what was meant after "love me, hate me, say what you want about me" seemed pretty obvious, even though I hadn't heard of the song before this remix. Yeah, I guess many in France wouldn't notice, but then I figured Alizée the type to be in the loop. Admittedly, I was paying more attention since she had posted it! ;)

Oh well whatever, I do agree with LL Cool B that she probably just thought it sounded cool. And it does, I like it. Actually, I'm no a Brit fan but the video for this says some interesting things about celebrity that I bet Alizée could identify with. The way Britney emerges from her typical bacchanalia out into the 1950s American dream wouldn't work so well with a less explicit track. I guess there's some art in it after all!

alizeeindia
05-30-2009, 06:10 AM
Alizee knows the meaning of the song, may be. But Alizee likes the song, I am doubtful. Its not Alizee who has done the remixing. Obviously its done by someone else and then shown to Alizee. As it was the most suitable song of Britney (Musical point of view) to be mixed with Alizee's and finally came out great, it was liked by Alizee and that's why she posted it. That can be the whole scenario.

If some one says, Alizee likes that Britney's song, I would be surprised.

Really funny how people like you think Alizée is nothing but purity

I know Alizee is not an angel (purity) but still it gives deep pleasure to believe so.

Karlalizee
05-30-2009, 09:40 AM
i thinks she is just getting stranger and stranger. but that is just me.

Jess
05-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I just want to point out the obvious, since Britney & Lady GaGa are very popular in France don't be too surprised if these artist have influence in Alizée's music at one point or another... ;)

Ruroshen
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
The way Britney emerges from her typical bacchanalia out into the 1950s American dream wouldn't work so well with a less explicit track. I guess there's some art in it after all!

Wow, bonus points for the use of the word 'bacchanalia'! I had to look that up! :D

Um, and is it wrong that I actually found Brit kind of hot in 1950's mode? I know, I know, I feel wrong just typing it, buuuuuut... :o

Future Raptor Ace
05-30-2009, 10:22 PM
i thinks she is just getting stranger and stranger. but that is just me.
*cough* jealous *cough* :p:D
Just kidding Karla

I think Alizee is getting better and better because she is showing a more human-behind the sceens-side to her that makes her much easier to relate to. I personally think she has a great personality which seems to get better and better as time goes on!

Srbski-kralj
05-30-2009, 10:32 PM
*cough* jealous *cough* :p:D
Just kidding Karla

I think Alizee is getting better and better because she is showing a more human-behind the sceens-side to her that makes her much easier to relate to. I personally think she has a great personality which seems to get better and better as time goes on!

haha yeah I totaly agree with u, now we finally see Alizee behind hte scenese i guess u can say, and honestly i love it. Do i think she is getting stranger lo lnope, better hell yes.

wasabi622
05-31-2009, 12:15 AM
ehh, i don't shes getting stranger. she's just getting more and more different.

different not always strange.

:D

Rev
05-31-2009, 02:02 AM
Her current direction is still unclear - all we have are bits and pieces. However, she is definitely testing new waters.

She wants to be loved in France, and she wants to perform in front of crowds that are there for HER. I'm sure she is making the best choices she can. Time will tell if her judgment is as good as her on-stage persona.

Ruroshen
06-01-2009, 06:24 PM
A somewhat sombre update today:

a une pensée pour l'Airbus A330...

For those who haven't been following the story (http://www.thestar.com/article/643496): "A missing Air France jet carrying 228 people from Rio de Janeiro to Paris ran into a towering wall of thunderstorms over the Atlantic Ocean, officials said today, fearing that all aboard are lost."

So very bizarre and sad. My heart goes out to the passengers, crew and all their loved ones. It sounds like the chances of finding survivors--or indeed, even the plane itself--are fairly slim. :(

(Mod's note: Discussion about the Air France tragedy has been moved to this thread here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=131025#post131025). - Ruro)

Jess
06-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I was just wondering if everyone knows how twitter works: I see a lot of messages directed to Alizée and other people that those sending are not being followed by, and wanted to point out that anyone that is not following you cannot see your messages unless of course they come to your page and read them from there... ;)

Ruroshen
06-03-2009, 06:38 PM
I was just wondering if everyone knows how twitter works: I see a lot of messages directed to Alizée and other people that those sending are not being followed by, and wanted to point out that anyone that is not following you cannot see your messages unless of course they come to your page and read them from there... ;)

Well, yes and no. :D

It is true that if somebody you're not following replies to you with an @, it won't show up in your timeline (on your Twitter account's 'Home' page).

However, it will show up on the 'Updates mentioning @YourName' page, which you can see by clicking on '@YourName' (where 'YourName' is your Twitter user name) just below 'Home' on the navigation bar to the right. You don't have to follow the person to read their update there.

A few people I'm following have actually started following me because they noticed a reply to them on this page.

In short, Alizée may not see your reply, as it won't show up on her Twitter home page...but there's nothing to prevent her from seeing it if she clicks on '@mellealizee' on her homepage. Don't be discouraged! (But don't expect to receive a reply, either!) :p

Edit: Adding some images, 'cause I'm not sure my explanation is clear enough:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3593/twitter01.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3431/twitter02.jpg

Better?

Jess
06-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Yeah it would be nice to know she checks that, but I doubt it. Not trying to be negative just realist, I think the reason she left myspace and went to twitter is to avoid having to deal with everyone else's comments etc... but I could be wrong.

I mean one of the best feature on twitter for artists is exactly that you don't have to deal with a lot of fan messages, only with those you decide to follow. Also all these messages that don't find their destination go to everyone else that's following you by the way. But to be on the positive side, it's quite possible that once in a while she does click on this link out of curiosity and reads some fan messages. ;)

Ruroshen
06-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Also all these messages that don't find their destination go to everyone else that's following you by the way.

Again, yes and no: you have to be following both parties in order for an @ reply to show up in your timeline. So anybody who's following both you and Alizée...yes, your reply to her will show up on their twitter page. It is something to be aware of.

Jenny_HRO87
06-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Edit: Adding some images, 'cause I'm not sure my explanation is clear enough:

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/3593/twitter01.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3431/twitter02.jpg

Better?

thx for pointing this out Ruroshen NOW I got it how Twitter works :cool:

btw I hope Lili will tweet a new message soon...

Van
06-07-2009, 09:34 AM
New Alizée twitter less than 5 seconds ago!

bonne fête à toutes les mamans http://bit.ly/gGX6G

Jess
06-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Van beat me to it, lol...Ok Alizee just posted this: mellealizeebonne fête à toutes les mamans http://bit.ly/gGX6G

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9xIKRQEeI04&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

Karlalizee
06-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Van beat me to it, lol...Ok Alizee just posted this: mellealizeebonne fête à toutes les mamans

she posted this because today is mother's day in france. :)

brad
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
ha! alizée is excited about the apple WWDC keynote just like me! :D

http://twitter.com/mellealizee/status/2076049311

Jess
06-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Twitter Update: mellealizee (http://twitter.com/mellealizee)is waiting for Steve Jobs at the Keynote of WWDC 09!

Obviously she's a true Mac user and is waiting to see what's new from Apple... ;)
http://smokingapples.com/events/wwdc-coverage-roundup/
http://gizmodo.com/5014465/apple-wwdc-liveblog-coverage

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/1020/2008wwdclive1.jpg

Jess
06-08-2009, 10:52 AM

Hahaha we posted at the exact time, I don't think I've seen that before, lol :D

LL Cool B
06-08-2009, 11:14 AM

Wow!, This is probably to only time Alizee would be jealous of me and want to be in my shoes!

-B

wasabi622
06-08-2009, 11:39 AM
as an asian.. im feel so technologically inept. i have no idea what the "apple WWDC keynote" is! the only apple things i know are apple pie and an ipod. :p

Jess
06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
For anyone that's interested in the WWDC 09 follow this link: ;) http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4812 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4812)

JimmyDean23
06-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I love this woman more everyday!!!
I'd give anythingbto be there.

Tupuz
06-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Alizée's last tweet makes me happy, because it makes me feel like closer to her. We both share the same preferences for technology. I am also a fan of Apple products. I second JimmyDean23: "I love this woman more everyday!!!"

mavsluver41
06-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Wow!, This is probably to only time Alizee would be jealous of me and want to be in my shoes!

-B

Care to elaborate, B :p?

Chommpers
06-08-2009, 05:38 PM
Think maybe he was lucky enough to be at WWDC?

We always know that she had a preference for Apple products (the magazine with her iPod and macbook, her new iPhone, soon to be newer :p) and she was a bit of a techie, I think that was probably helped by her dad, isn't he an apple fan? Anyway it warms my nerdy heart to think she was looking forward to seeing Steve Jobs as well as me, shame he didn't show up.

Roman
06-08-2009, 07:03 PM
Think maybe he was lucky enough to be at WWDC?

We always know that she had a preference for Apple products (the magazine with her ipod and macbook, her new iphone soon to be newer) and she was a bit of a techie, I think that was probably helped by her dad, isn't he an apple fan? Anyway it warms my nerdy heart to think she was looking forward to seeing Steve Jobs as well as me, shame he didn't show up.
ah, big bummer. People will be talking about that for a while.

-BWhat makes you think she wasn't there? ;)

LL Cool B
06-08-2009, 07:21 PM
Care to elaborate, B :p?

Because of my proximity to the festivities :D (I was there)

What makes you think she wasn't there? ;)

Ya' know, that actually crossed my mind too! And trust me you, I had my eyes open! My Lili-dar was on full strength!

-B

mavsluver41
06-08-2009, 07:24 PM
Because of my proximity to the festivities :D (I was there)

Ya' know, that actually crossed my mind too! And trust me you, I had my eyes open! My Lili-dar was on full strength!

-B
Ah, okay :). And don't you mean your Alizée-dar :p.

Chommpers
06-08-2009, 07:39 PM
And don't you mean your Alizée-dar :p.

Is there a difference? If that is a new model announced at WWDC I may need to upgrade.... ok that was really lame, I think I am going to go crawl into a dark corner for a few days.... :p

mavsluver41
06-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Is there a difference?

Oh, there is a huge difference: "Alizée" kind of rhymes with "ra," "Lili" doesn't :p.

Srbski-kralj
06-08-2009, 09:32 PM
Umm fellas who is Steve Jobs lol, as u can see not a big fan of Mac.

Chommpers
06-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Umm fellas who is Steve Jobs lol, as u can see not a big fan of Mac.

Steve Job's is the CEO (chief executive officer, big boss) and co-founder (along with founder Steve Wozniak) of Apple Inc. and former CEO of Pixar (still in board of directors). A very important person, so start reading up :p Don't want to displease Alizée with you lack of knowledge of Apple or Steve Job's do ya?

Oscar
06-08-2009, 10:44 PM
So does this mean that Alizee is in San Fran??

Chommpers
06-08-2009, 10:51 PM
So does this mean that Alizee is in San Fran??

no, not necessarily (she could be but I doubt it), you can watch the keynote online by going to Apple.com video is in the bottom left. They do it every year and post it on their website.

JimmyDean23
06-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Steve Job's is the CEO (chief executive officer, big boss) and co-founder (along with founder Steve Wozniak) of Apple Inc. and former CEO of Pixar (still in board of directors). A very important person, so start reading up :p Don't want to displease Alizée with you lack of knowledge of Apple or Steve Job's do ya?

No no no no. Steve Jobs is my REAL father and he will one day hand over the company to moi. Just you wait. I can see it now...

@mellealizee is waiting for Jimmy Dean at the Keynote of WWDC 19!

Srbski-kralj
06-08-2009, 11:51 PM
Lol chomps, nah reading about CEO's is to much work ontop of all my shit i have to deal with lol, no thanks. Hey Lili no-one is perfect lol, Im not to found of Apple products had couple of them break the very first day i bought it, especually the I-pods, the phones so no thanks lol. So u can see y me not a fan of Apple lol.

TheBarrett
06-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Lol chomps, nah reading about CEO's is to much work ontop of all my shit i have to deal with lol, no thanks. Hey Lili no-one is perfect lol, Im not to found of Apple products had couple of them break the very first day i bought it, especually the I-pods, the phones so no thanks lol. So u can see y me not a fan of Apple lol.

Most of my living space is clad in Apple products, not one of them has broken once. ;)
It's not the product, it's the owner of the product, you must be quite a reckless man. (Rawr*)