PDA

View Full Version : Donations?

brad
09-27-2006, 03:11 PM
CLICK HERE TO DONATE (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/billspaypal.php?)

I don't even want to ask for donations, because to be honest .. this website is definitly a labor of love for me ... but the volume of traffic that we have been getting is pretty amazing.

The reason I can host this is because I have a lot of other 'projects' that I do for people and I have several dedicated web servers that I use to do it. Up until now this website has kind of been along for the ride on one of my servers that I use for other things. It is getting to a point now, that I really need to move it to something of it's own, so I am not taking advantage of others.

Basically I have 3 options:

-- 1. Close the website
This will never happen, even if no one donates at all .. I will keep this website alive until Alizee sends me a love letter or something :)

-- 2. Limit videos to Member Only
We have around 1200 unique visitors per day (about 40,000 uniques per month, and around 400,000 pageviews per month), the vast majority of these people are not registered with the website .. by limiting access to the videos to members only would cut a HUGE chunk of the bandwidth down.

-- 3. I buy a new server for this website only.
This is probably what I will do (even if no one donates) .. because I don't really want to limit access to the videos. My main goal is to create NEW Alizee fans .. kind of hard to do that if new people can't check out all of the interviews / videos. Plus, I can still use that new server for other small projects that come up in the future.

I know most of you are kids, and can't donate ... that is understandable, and please don't feel obligated to donate in any way. However, if you have some spare cash and want to donate to the cause every little bit helps!

I will keep a record of what is donated here in this thread so everyone can see how much has been coming in. if you do not want to be identified please let me know when you donate.

thanks in advance

Moe
09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Tommrrow for sure!...you'll get it just been lil busy

brad
09-27-2006, 03:23 PM
Tommrrow for sure!...you'll get it just been lil busy

no rush Moe .. whenever you have time :)

Fisherman
09-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Brad, to help this worthy cause, priceless. Got my Paypal in already.

That might even be the word I would use on the other thread to describe Alizee.

brad
09-27-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks Fisherman!

Also thanks to Acer for donating as well. :)

Matrix
09-27-2006, 06:08 PM
How about CLOSE the other website "projects" you got going in favor of this one.... hmmm ... hmmm

I got alot of money... but unitl i hear a legitimate reason why I should send you a check... well..... there it is

Alizee.. we all go that in common.. and agreed this website isn't going anywhere as long as you continue to put forth, well if you can.. your PRIORITY into this website

If this is your PRIORITY... sigh

Never mind me... i wasnt born yesterday

brad
09-27-2006, 06:34 PM
How about CLOSE the other website "projects" you got going in favor of this one.... hmmm ... hmmm

I got alot of money... but unitl i hear a legitimate reason why I should send you a check... well..... there it is

Alizee.. we all go that in common.. and agreed this website isn't going anywhere as long as you continue to put forth, well if you can.. your PRIORITY into this website

like i said, please don't feel obligated to donate. the only legitimate reason I can think of is because you want to ...

HibyPrime
09-27-2006, 06:53 PM

Are you some type of stupid?

Urb4n
09-27-2006, 07:07 PM
Hey Brad, whenever I have some spare cash I'll be sure to throw it your way. I'd love to see this site keep growing... However I do not have Paypal, I'll need to fix that.

brad
09-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey Brad, whenever I have some spare cash I'll be sure to throw it your way. I'd love to see this site keep growing... However I do not have Paypal, I'll need to fix that.

When I was your age, I didn't have any money either ... lol. Don't worry the website will keep growing either way (and you don't need to have a paypal account to send a dontation, so don't worry about making an account if you don't want one)

General Patton
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Brad your not acting like this just to get extra cash for your personal gain? Right? I did donate money and turns out the bastard run away and closed down the site... sigh....

brad
09-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Brad your not acting like this just to get extra cash for your personal gain? Right? I did donate money and turns out the bastard run away and closed down the site... sigh....

yeah ... my plan all along has been to get your 10 bucks and take off to Mexico

rcs
09-27-2006, 11:06 PM
yeah ... my plan all along has been to get your 10 bucks and take off to Mexico

Or to Corsica! :D Check's in the mail. Actually, I paid paypal, but had to use my old defunct phone number since I have a Korean 12 digit cell phone number now.

Alizee is a good cause. SAVE ALIZEE

nurvonic
09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
dammit brad, i cant help but feel obligated to donate lol. unfortunately i spent all this paycheck on a damn car payment and other stuff...and beer. so friday when i get payed, ill definately donate;)

brad
09-28-2006, 12:01 AM
thanks rcs!

for that donation, you can rename pattons account to anything you like .. lol

brad
09-28-2006, 12:13 AM
dammit brad, i cant help but feel obligated to donate lol. unfortunately i spent all this paycheck on a damn car payment and other stuff...and beer. so friday when i get payed, ill definately donate;)

Seriously, don't feel obligated. I'm well aware of the costs associated with websites like this, and knew that going in. I am fully prepared to pay the bills and don't mind doing it all ... at the same time, it never hurts to ask for donations :)

nurvonic
09-28-2006, 03:58 AM
oh, then what the hell am i worried about for? you're on your own partna! jk. friday, its in the bank. and all you want is 10 dollars? good cuz i was thinking somewhere along the lines of at least 200.....good thing you said something ;)

rcs
09-28-2006, 05:16 AM
thanks rcs!

for that donation, you can rename pattons account to anything you like .. lol

Pattons name spelled backward is Snot Tap, of course, that's with the "s".

P.S. I don't know Patton well enough, but it was the first thing that came to mind. JK General :)

C-4
09-28-2006, 07:19 AM
I don't make much working for the State, but I sent what I could.
Stephen

brad
09-28-2006, 08:48 AM
thanks guys !

RadioactiveMan
09-28-2006, 10:15 AM

Just send him the beer. :)

riva2model64
09-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Brad I'll do it as soon as I cash in my two paychecks (haven't gotten around to asking my mom to cash them). ps this is so exciting!!!

HibyPrime
09-28-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm curious to know what kind of servers are you running?

Are we talking old pile-of-junk 300mhz PC or are you at a rack-mount level?

BTW, this is a very risky topic to ask people, some people react really bad to this type of thing, you got lucky :P

I might donate a few bucks.. not quite sure yet.

marik
07-16-2007, 04:51 AM
srry if icant donate but im thinking if ican donate when i have a job:means ill be a working student!

ill help this site!..........
promise!
for Alizée and Brads coollest site!o