PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question about the website

brad
05-16-2009, 10:35 PM
If I were to consider selling Alizée America to someone, would anyone here be interested in buying it? It would have to be someone that I know will take good care of it and continue to grow the site.

The only reason I am asking, I just don't have the time to devote to the site like I know it deserves, and it would be great to get some extra cash right now. I am still paying 2 house payments (for almost a year now!) and it is a little tight right now. It was a great time to buy a house last year, but it was also a horrible time to sell one I am finding out!

I am never going to shut the site down, that won't happen so no one panic or anything. But it may be time to put a little more life into the site like we had in the beginning. I haven't added any videos or anything in forever it seems. Some new ideas and stuff would be great for the site. I would be open to the idea if the right person came along.

PM me if you are serious and want to talk about it.

Future Raptor Ace
05-19-2009, 12:55 AM
wow good luck brad I hope you find someone. This was a really good site you made here, just don't let it all be for nothing man. Cheers~

wasabi622
05-19-2009, 04:31 PM
thanks for not shuttind down the site! its my only source of joy and entertainment while im stuck in the house. :p

besides its the only place that i can talk about Alizee without being yelled at to shut up about her. i try to add as much "life" here as i can.. mainly by madly commenting on everything i can think of :p

Jess
05-19-2009, 10:27 PM
Hypothetically speaking how much would you consider selling it for... money is no problem it's whether you want to sell it and I want to buy it, for now I'm just curious. If you don't want anyone else to know about the price etc, you can pm if you want. ;)

SimonH
05-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Hypothetically speaking how much would you consider selling it for... money is no problem it's whether you want to sell it and I want to buy it, for now I'm just curious. If you don't want anyone else to know about the price etc, you can pm if you want. ;)

Coming from someone with 2 post lol.

Youpidou1
05-20-2009, 12:04 AM

And you with 73.
You don't know Jess. Jess actually is a long time member here. From a different account.
And yes Jess you should buy it...
We would have every video ever created with Alizée in it because of you. You always knew where to get the best videos :D. How ya been?

Good luck Brad, your situation is totally understandable and you should try to save any money you can.

SimonH
05-20-2009, 02:40 AM
And you with 73.
You don't know Jess. Jess actually is a long time member here. From a different account.
And yes Jess you should buy it...
We would have every video ever created with Alizée in it because of you. You always knew where to get the best videos :D. How ya been?

Good luck Brad, your situation is totally understandable and you should try to save any money you can.

I didn't offer to buy it though... so my response is still acceptable.

Youpidou1
05-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I didn't offer to buy it though... so my response is still acceptable.

Yeah ok but Jess still is the one of the most responsible people on this website to take on the role of owner.

Junkmale
05-20-2009, 11:51 AM

And your point is Simon?
What does it matter if the person has 2 posts or 2000? If they are interested in taking the site forward surely that is to be appreciated instead of ridiculed?
I wish i had the money, time and technical savvy to help out.
We should all be together on this one don't you think?

SimonH
05-20-2009, 01:24 PM
If you don't see the potential problem with that then perhaps your not a very intelligent person... no offense. I will try my best to explain the "problem" with it. Even though this does not apply to Jess because I was informed he is a veteran on these forums, it would apply to anyone else.

1.) Someone with 2 post is new, obviously, & we know nothing about them.
2.) Often times (more so on other communities then this one) people join just to spam and troll forums, normally they have 10 post tops & often times they make outrageous claims like buying the site for example.

The list goes on use your imagination. I own my own site & forums & if I were to sell, there is no way in hell I would sell it to someone who just joined or has less then 100 posts. Hope I enlightened you.

Chommpers
05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
If you don't see the potential problem with that then perhaps your not a very intelligent person... no offense. I will try my best to explain the "problem" with it. Even though this does not apply to Jess because I was informed he is a veteran on these forums, it would apply to anyone else.

2.) Often times (more so on other communities then this one) people join just to spam and troll forums, normally they have 10 post tops & often times they make outrageous claims like buying the site for example.

The list goes on use your imagination. I own my own site & forums & if I were to sell, there is no way in hell I would sell it to someone who just joined or has less then 100 posts. Hope I enlightened you.

Let me enlighten you since you seem to want nothing more than to insult everyone else. Again regardless of the persons post number you are not allowed to ridicule them, I am sure Brad is intelligent enough to choose the right person, if a person is interested let them speak up without you insulting them as they may be a veteran member you don't know, like Jess for instance. Also try not insulting other members like you did in the post above while you are working on this one. Have a nice day!

wasabi622
05-20-2009, 06:02 PM
ok, so yeah bottom line?

simon thought he was new to the forum, and the idea of a new guy buying the whole damn thing is sort of stupid. BUT he is not new, but a veteran of this forum.

mistake was made. end of story!

Junkmale
05-20-2009, 06:15 PM

Fair enough Simon. You have a point but could have stated it better in your original post?
However, the insults and sarcasm were not necessary (or appreciated).
The tone of your response says more about your intelligence than it does about mine, don't you think?

SimonH
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Fair enough Simon. You have a point but could have stated it better in your original post?
However, the insults and sarcasm were not necessary (or appreciated).
The tone of your response says more about your intelligence than it does about mine, don't you think?

I merely used the same tone you used with me.

Let me enlighten you since you seem to want nothing more than to insult everyone else. Again regardless of the persons post number you are not allowed to ridicule them...

I did not insult the guy by saying, "coming from a guy with 2 post lol", how is that insulting.

--------------------

I'm sorry I seem aggressive I just have low tolerance for "stupid" questions, & believe it or not I took Junkmale's post as being an aggressive retort towards my statement.

I also get more aggressive or at least seem so when I've got to defend myself from the majority of people on a forum. I may seem like the problem starter but that is because I'm the new guy with less friends on here & of course everyone is going to defend their friend making it look like most people are against me. Now that I'm finished with my sob story I would like to thank wasabi622 for defending my point. Thanks.

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 07:54 PM
True, ur point sorda made a point but, you cant judge a person by how many posts he or she posted on the forums.

SimonH
05-20-2009, 07:57 PM
I didn't judge him. Honestly does no one else see how selling your site to someone new with 2 post is strange. Seriously. ....

Yes I know this does not apply to Jess, but that is what I thought when I made my first post.

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Well yes obviously no, but we know Jess and thats why no-one said anything. actually because of him and other like him, we have all those awesome videos of Alizee. Somehow he finds them first before anyone else knew they existed.

Youpidou1
05-20-2009, 08:42 PM
Well yes obviously no, but we know Jess and thats why no-one said anything. actually because of him and other like him, we have all those awesome videos of Alizee. Somehow he finds them first before anyone else knew they existed.

Because he is awesome. Give him a topic and he has 2-3 videos about the topic.

Simon for the future, a person has 2 posts, questions before assumption.

Jess
05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks Youpidou1 & Srbski-kralj, you guys honor me with your posts !! But I think you guys are giving me way to much credit here. Simon I see your point, in addition to that it is scary to think things could change, and not knowing the person would make it even scarier. I would like to point out that Brad has done an awesome job thus far !! I don't think anything really needs to be changed, if anything I would suggest adding more content: Like more videos of Alizée that I know we don't have here, and maybe a section for fan made videos only. We could also use some activities like contests and maybe even some promoting gatherings, anything to get everyone excited again !! In any case, I respect any decision that Brad makes !! And guys, you all have very good points, sometimes it's the way we present them that creates misunderstandings or disagreements. Also, one thing I learned last time I was here was that I was too sensitive. Don't take everything so serious, enjoy yourself and just have fun... ;)

SimonH
05-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Because he is awesome. Give him a topic and he has 2-3 videos about the topic.

Simon for the future, a person has 2 posts, questions before assumption.

I assumed nothing. People go back & look at my post lol. Goodness... making something out of nothing.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-20-2009, 10:13 PM
making something out of nothing.

I completely agree there

Srbski-kralj
05-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't take everything so serious, enjoy yourself and just have fun... ;)

Yeah im starting to go on that path myself, just having fun with what i do in life. You cant live life to the fullest if you dont have fun and enjoy urself once in a while. Yeah Brad and ben and everyone else who has contributed in growing this site, thank you, (as we Serbians say pravi Kingovi ste svi vi) rought English translation true Kings are you guys. ( sound out of contrast in English srry lol. But yeah great job with the site, this was the first site that actually got me hooked even more on Alizee then just streaming Youtube videos. So again Hval vam puno. (Thanks).

Srbski-Kralj.

SimonH
05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Ok now my question is how did he go from 2 post to 1000+?

Chommpers
05-20-2009, 10:31 PM

merged his old account with his new one, must have forgot his old account information I suppose.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
admin granted him his old posts ;)

Ben
05-20-2009, 10:37 PM
It's a conspiracy to make Simon look bad.

Na, Chommpers is right. :p

SimonH
05-20-2009, 10:51 PM
I knew it. Kidding lol.

Future Raptor Ace
05-21-2009, 01:40 AM

With all do respect SimonH, you yourself are too new of a member to be making assumptions like that about other members.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
05-21-2009, 07:30 AM
With all do respect SimonH, you yourself are too new of a member to be making assumptions like that about other members.
with all do respect the whole too new assumption shouldn't be made of anyone as it doesn't matter if you are a member for one month, six months, or six years you never know what others just may so happen to know ;)

best of luck Brad

wasabi622
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Thanks Youpidou1 & Srbski-kralj, you guys honor me with your posts !! But I think you guys are giving me way to much credit here. Simon I see your point, in addition to that it is scary to think things could change, and not knowing the person would make it even scarier. I would like to point out that Brad has done an awesome job thus far !! I don't think anything really needs to be changed, if anything I would suggest adding more content: Like more videos of Alizée that I know we don't have here, and maybe a section for fan made videos only. We could also use some activities like contests and maybe even some promoting gatherings, anything to get everyone excited again !! In any case, I respect any decision that Brad makes !! And guys, you all have very good points, sometimes it's the way we present them that creates misunderstandings or disagreements. Also, one thing I learned last time I was here was that I was too sensitive. Don't take everything so serious, enjoy yourself and just have fun... ;)

omg. you definetly are the one to take over, if it is to happen.
seems like you have an idea of what to do, and a plan of how to do it!

i hope you can bring everyone back though, i mean, i am new, but looking through the old threads, i've noticed that this was much more active than it is now.

you've got my vote jess!
:D

Youpidou1
05-21-2009, 12:32 PM
omg. you definetly are the one to take over, if it is to happen.
seems like you have an idea of what to do, and a plan of how to do it!

i hope you can bring everyone back though, i mean, i am new, but looking through the old threads, i've noticed that this was much more active than it is now.

you've got my vote jess!
:D

Probably find every known video of a performance by Alizée hes that good!

ALS
05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I have the cash and the incentive but not the time needed to do it right. I have a business that takes up 60-70 hours a week.

You guys have no idea how much time you need to put into a board like this one to make it run as well as Brad has. Lucky for Brad, Alizée fans are a pretty easy going bunch. :D

I have been on boards where the original owner decided to sell it off mainly because of time constraints. The new owner put it up for sale for the same reasons in under six months. I know two boards right now with a serious amount of members and very good reputations that are for sale with no quality prospects. The one has put two or three new owners on probation over the last year or so and had to take it back each time.

Not that they did anything wrong but with the old saying, they bit off a whole lot more than they could handle.

Don't consider purchasing Alizée America just because you have the cash and an ego. If you really want the board make sure you have the time and ambition to do it right.

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
05-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Not that they did anything wrong but with the old saying, they bit off a whole lot more than they could handle.

Hey ALS, thanks for some insight on that.

That's what I was wondering about, what is the behind the scenes work that has to go on to really do a good job.

I realize that Brad probably does not have the time to answer, but if anyone has more info or can just throw me a good link, I would appreciate it.

Jess
05-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I have the cash and the incentive but not the time needed to do it right. I have a business that takes up 60-70 hours a week.

You guys have no idea how much time you need to put into a board like this one to make it run as well as Brad has. Lucky for Brad, Alizée fans are a pretty easy going bunch. :D

I have been on boards where the original owner decided to sell it off mainly because of time constraints. The new owner put it up for sale for the same reasons in under six months. I know two boards right now with a serious amount of members and very good reputations that are for sale with no quality prospects. The one has put two or three new owners on probation over the last year or so and had to take it back each time.

Don't consider purchasing Alizée America just because you have the cash and an ego. If you really want the board make sure you have the time and ambition to do it right.

That's a very good point ALS !! Only one thing though, you forgot to give credit to the mods that help run this an other forums. I don't think Brad or anyone could do without them~ ;)

mavsluver41
05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
mods

ModS? I don't think I've seen a mod, other than señor Ben, on the site in the last six months :confused:.

Ruroshen
05-22-2009, 05:23 PM
ModS? I don't think I've seen a mod, other than señor Ben, on the site in the last six months :confused:.

It is pretty much just the Brad and Ben show these days, yeah. They seem to be doing an awesome job on their own, though!

Jess does make a good point, however. I was a mod on Comic Book Resources for quite awhile in its earliest days, and while it was usually fun, it really could be a thankless job a lot of the time.

edgar93
05-22-2009, 06:01 PM

We do have more moderators, It's Ben and Brad as admins, and CFHollister, Cooney, garçoncanadien, Nurvovic and Mon Maquis as mods.
You might have noticed that most of them are gone :(.

Youpidou1
05-22-2009, 11:59 PM
Nurvonic comes into chat from time too time too.

MonteCristo
05-23-2009, 12:28 AM

seems to me that not many people have the time to dedicate themselves to dressing up websites anymore, i barely have time to visit, but i love this fansite, well maybe not love it, but like it enough that i really hope it can continue with its quality. I dont care who buys it as long as this sites quality videos, quality pictures, and its incredibly easy navigatable interface continues, but most importantly, that the people ive met on this site continue being here. I know i havent been on alot at all, but i just like reading all your posts :p