PDA

View Full Version : What's your claim to fame?

Junkmale
05-18-2009, 07:09 PM
I was thinking about the thread that's elsewhere about what you would say if you met Alizee.
So i got to wondering who else famous has everyone met?
Not so many for me, but here goes-

Leonard Nimoy (from Star Trek)
Nichelle Nichols (from Star Trek)
Wayne McCullough (former World Champ Boxer)
John McCarthy (Bierut Hostage)
James Herbert (Author)

That's about it, i think!

woohoo
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
President H.W. Bush
President Bush
jack hanna
many military officers
Craig Scott
President Kim of the United world haedong kumdo federation
Master Brian So
Mike Fath (my friend and great musician) new album yesterdays child in Itunes check it out:):):)

Not too many but i probably forgotten a few

Ruroshen
05-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I used to be an assistant manager for kind of a high-end home organization store downtown, so I've actually met an inordinate number of Canadian celebrities, but that list would maybe only impress Pizza and edgar. (Example: I've met both of the girls from the series Ready or Not on seperate occasions, and the one kinda-sorta flirted with me every time she was in the store, which was cool. And I've met a few members of the Degrassi cast. Joey Jerimiah is a huge dick in real life, btw.) The only two names I think might might make an impression on Americans are Kurt Browning and Mats Sundin. (Both class acts, if you were wondering.)

Oh, and I helped carry stuff out to Britney Spears' assistant's car once, but I don't think that counts...

At various cons and signings, I've met:

Kevin Smith (twice; the second time, I told him I loved his podcast even more than his films--faux pas!--to which he just laughed and said "Y'know what? So do I.")

J.M. Strazcynski (also twice, and he genuinely remembered me--to the point of asking a follow-up question about something I'd mentioned the first time, like a year previous--which was really, really nice of him; a real class act)

Linda Park (Hoshi from Star Trek: Enterprise, extremely cute and funny, and very gracious about Trek nerds reciting Klingon love poetry to her; yes that really happened, and no it wasn't me)

Margot Kidder and Erica Durance (who both played Lois Lane, twenty years apart from each other. Margot was very, very funny and candid. She also teared up a little when talking about Chris Reeve, which was touching. Erica was also very pleasant and funny, and--fyi--ridiculously hot in real life.)

Jeffrey Coombs (who's done a lot of recurring roles in various Trek series; also from the cult film Reanimator. Comes across as kind of a self-absorbed dick, which was disappointing, though he might have just been having a long day.)

Rowan Atkinson (kind of; we didn't really talk, but he bumped into me and said "excuse me". He said it in the Mister Bean voice, though, and winked when I laughed.)

The closest I've come to having a "celebrity friend" was when Jason Finn (from the band Presidents of the United States of America) joined my EverQuest guild a few years back. Our characters were about the same level, so we grouped quite a bit together on and off for a year. Nice guy, hell of a paladin. :p

Renegade
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Gallagher - Got watermelon in my eye, and I tell you it wasn't a pleaasant thing.

Bernie Mac-R.I.P Very Funny Man and was taken too early too soon

Jason Mraz-Nothin much to say saw him while visiting Hawaii very nice performance though

The voice of Mastershake(Aqua Teen Hunger Force)- Enough Said

Respect to All
Peace Out :cool:

mavsluver41
05-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Thanks for making me feel small and insignificant guys :p.

I've only met a few worthy of mention:

Mark Cuban (owner of the Dallas Mavericks)
Terdema Ussery (president of the Dallas Mavericks)
Harlan Crow (son of billionaire Trammel Crow)
Tom Hicks (owner of the Texas Rangers and Dallas Stars)
Steve Miller
Clarence Thomas

Lerxst
05-18-2009, 10:46 PM
I've met Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush (highlight of my life!)

Joonhyuk
05-18-2009, 11:44 PM
joe satriani
matthew mcconaughey
se7en
BoA
steve vai
tobias sammet (i actually didnt kno who he was at first, but after i met him, then i realized what he did, lol)
slash
greg marra

and just two days ago
mikael akerfeldt and martin axenrot (had to thank my friend for helping me get to know what they do and who they are,)

ImRawdg
05-18-2009, 11:59 PM
I've met Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson of Rush (highlight of my life!)

Lucky.

Never in my life have I met anybody famous, nor do I understand how you guys manage to.

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
05-19-2009, 10:05 AM
If you love adventure....

These guys are on an incredible journey! They came through Texas recently and I wanted to meet them, unfortunately the logistics didn't work out.

Still might try to meet them somewhere on their route....maybe the finale in NYC!

They still have legs through the US and Canada so be on the lookout for them.

http://www.theworldbyroad.com/

Follow 'em on twtter:
http://twitter.com/theworldbyroad

Tiwaz
05-19-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm not sure what counts as "met", but when it comes to people someone here acctually might have heard of I've met and got autographs from everyone in Slipknot and Mats Sundin.

dreamer
05-21-2009, 08:04 AM
J.M. Strazcynski (also twice, and he genuinely remembered me--to the point of asking a follow-up question about something I'd mentioned the first time, like a year previous--which was really, really nice of him; a real class act)

Cool, Babylon 5 was one of my favorite shows. Did you talk about the series?

Youpidou1
05-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Hmm, I met a bunch of the cast of Third Watch(FDNY, FDNY EMS and NYPD).

And actually my Fire Science teacher is kind of famous since he was in 3 movies. He is a retired firefighter from FDNY and he had small parts in, Ghost Busters 2, Frequency and Spike Lee's Do the right Thing.

Kelly Osbourne. Actually my dad was to blame. He saw her and pushed me into her crowd lol and she thought it was funny. My dad was hysterically laughing and I was so embarrassed. At Cesar Palace in Las Vegas.

When I remember more I'll post.