PDA

View Full Version : The girl from 'Slumdog Millionaire'

dreamer
05-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I just saw 'Slumdog Millionaire' at the cinema and I was highly impressed by the beautiful girl playing the love interest of the slumdog hero.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2008/jun/16slid1.jpg

I think she is gorgeous, close to Alizée but different.

MonteCristo
05-23-2009, 07:07 PM
i liked that movie.....but i would only watch it once.

mavsluver41
05-23-2009, 07:20 PM
Yup, Freida Pinto. Frickin' gorgeous. Here's a better pic:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/mavslover41/mq-018.jpg

wasabi622
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM
wait.. is this person indian?

Srbski-kralj
05-24-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah well at least i think so.

wasabi622
05-24-2009, 12:51 AM
ooooh, nice. i didn't know that Indian people could have such light skin.
(not being racist or anything! i just.. didn't know that. :D)

shes a stunner i must say.

dreamer
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
She is indian and she was born in India. I wonder though if maybe her ancestors are of european descent? The name Pinto is not indian in origin.:confused: Can one of our members from India help us out?

mavsluver41
05-24-2009, 12:54 PM
She is indian and she was born in India. I wonder though if maybe her ancestors are of european descent? The name Pinto is not indian in origin.:confused: Can one of our members from India help us out?

If I remember correctly, she is of Goan descent. Goa is a state in India that was settled by the Portuguese during the earl period of European imperialism (16th century). I've been there actually, so I can attest that the people (and the architecture and food) have a definite Mediterranean/Portuguese influence in look and style ;).

dreamer
05-24-2009, 03:03 PM
I guess that explains it, thanks.

wasabi622
05-27-2009, 11:52 PM
If I remember correctly, she is of Goan descent. Goa is a state in India that was settled by the Portuguese during the earl period of European imperialism (16th century). I've been there actually, so I can attest that the people (and the architecture and food) have a definite Mediterranean/Portuguese influence in look and style ;).

that proves my point man. i've alwasy said and thought that asian/european mixed girls are amazingly gorgeous! anyone else agree?

though of course, petite french girls are no exception either. :p

Ali
05-29-2009, 02:39 AM
Yup, Freida Pinto. Frickin' gorgeous. Here's a better pic:

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq80/mavslover41/mq-018.jpg

Nice pic. And thanks for the info mavsluver. I have a lot of Indian friends and I know a lot about their culture. Indian food is all spicy and great!

alizeeindia
05-31-2009, 05:45 AM

Yes Pinto is not a surname of Indian Origin. Its Portugal because her ancestors were Portugal.

She was not born in Goa, but in Mumbai and has been there since her birth. Her schooling and all have been done in Mumbai itself.

ooooh, nice. i didn't know that Indian people could have such light skin.
(not being racist or anything! i just.. didn't know that. :D)

shes a stunner i must say.

People in Northern parts of India have fair skin but not as fair as European or American. In fact wheatish.