PDA

View Full Version : Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes (Updated)

Ben
05-25-2009, 08:19 PM
Happy Memorial Day everyone!

The purpose of this message is two fold. First, to let you all know that I am now the owner of Alizée America. Brad will stick around as an administrator, so no need for teary farewells, but obviously any questions that you may have directed toward him in the past should now come to me. Second is to talk about what this means for the future of the site. Over three years Brad nurtured Alizée America into, in my opinion, the very best English language community dedicated to our fée clochette. So for that let's offer him our deepest thanks, gratitude, and congratulations! Because Brad did such a great job, more things will stay the same here than will change. There might be a few tweaks along the way, but our clean layout and laid back approach isn't going anywhere. And the podcast especially is a feature I want to keep going and growing!

But why stop there? Though the USA will always remain our focus, I recently created the "apprendre l'anglais" (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19) forum as a way to reach out to our international friends. We're looking for bilingual members to staff it, so drop us a line if you're interested! We should also draw more attention to the fantastic creative work that comes out of this community. I have a few ideas in mind, but the first is the new fan art area (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24). Please bear with us as we migrate old posts! In addition, our video section (http://alizeeamerica.com/media.php) was one of the main reasons Brad started this site, so we'll resume regular updates there as well. In the years since we started, however, streaming quality on places like YouTube has increased dramatically, and I'd like to upgrade ours to compete. We'll be experimenting with this, so stay tuned!

Last, and this is something more general that will happen over time, I'd like to slightly tweak the focus of this website. Alizée has enjoyed tremendous success in Mexico thanks to grassroots fan support. While hurdles like aversion to foreign-language music present a challenge to replicating that success in the United States and Canada, it's not impossible. Alizée America should be a platform for that promotion. We're already a gateway to the world of Alizée online, but we can also be on the streets and in the media, showing people what they're missing. I hope we can work together with other fan sites to set up teams of people across the country, like I began to do with Lilly Town New York.

We'll always be a resource where fans can come for the latest news, media, or just to chat. But I'd like for us to also be a place where people give as well as receive - a site with a mission. Because Alizée as an artist, and we as her fans, deserve a chance at her being successful here. Please don't hesitate to post any questions or suggestions you might have about this or anything else. Whether we reach our goals or not, it's sure to be quite an adventure. Hope you join us for the ride!

Thanks for reading,

Ben
Owner, AlizeeAmerica.com

dreamer
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I think it's great news that you're taking over the site and want to keep things the way they are for the most part. And promoting Alizée in the US is a worthy goal but I think she will have to actively participate in such an effort for it to be successful. Best of luck with everything you want to do with this great fan site.:cool:

And thanks to Brad for starting it all!:)

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
05-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Congratulations, Ben!

When Brad posted his message about the site possibly being for sale, you were the first person that came to my mind.

We're all on this ride together, looks like the fun will continue.

Also, a big thank you to Brad for all of the time and effort you put in.

The Fée Clochette has been greatly blessed to have both of you at her sides!

Once again, congratulations to you, Ben! I look forward to meeting you one day in the "City That Never Sleeps".

AAA

brad
05-25-2009, 11:36 PM
Good luck Ben! I know you will do a fantastic job with the site. I can't wait to see future updates and new changes :D

Alizee Nation
05-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Well, this is exciting news!

I have always enjoyed the site, the layout and the members. Ben, I am happy for you. I know this will be a labor of love and will result in a continuation of an excellent product.

aw
Alizee Nation

admin
05-25-2009, 11:47 PM
Oh AW, I always wondered if you had an account here, didn't realize that was you! Thanks all, especially Brad!

If you notice a few things offline the next couple days, it's probably just DNS resolving the new server. Let me know if they persist.

Oh man, it's too weird posting from this account... :o

Chommpers
05-26-2009, 12:04 AM
Turn and face the strange.... oh sorry, ahem,

Thank you Brad for all the hard work you put into the site and handing over what you created because you knew it could be more but didn't have the time to invest, you are still here with us though so that is good :D.

Congratulations Ben, I feel good with the site being in your hands, looking forward to the days to come.

TheBarrett
05-26-2009, 12:08 AM
A couple years from now we may all stare into the profile pages of the new members and say:
"We knew Ben before he became the owner of this website"

Jess
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
I can't imaging anyone more suitable for this position then you Ben !! Honestly, your dedication is compared to none in my opinion, add to that your well mannered & well balanced character and you have a wining combination. If I knew you were interested I wouldn't have spoken hypothetically to Brad, my respect and sincere best wishes to you with this site !!

Brad we have nothing but love and respect for you, I think you know that already. ;)

Amigo!
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
Congratulations ben, take good care of it. I'll be around if you need any help. Just drop me a line. C'ya ;)

Alizee Mid-West
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
I would like to say thanks to Brad for an awesome web site. And I would like to welcome our new Alizee Overlord, Ben.

Long Live the King!!! :D

TheBarrett
05-26-2009, 12:26 AM
Congratulations to the new moderators as well. I could not have thought of better choices.
Members of no-conflict and uplifting personalities, the grip is brightening.

Ben
05-26-2009, 12:29 AM
Congratulations to the new moderators as well. I could not have thought of better choices.
Thank you, yes, for those who don't know I added Lefty12357 and Ruroshen to the moderating staff. More may come over the next few days as we see who wants to work on the various new projects.

If I knew you were interested I wouldn't have spoken hypothetically to Brad
No worries, Jess. Nothing was certain at the time!

Rev
05-26-2009, 12:31 AM
Wow.

Ben - I can't think of a more dedicated or capable individual to take the reins. Best of luck with the site. It will be interesting to see how your dedication to Alizée will manifest in this site as it moves forward. :)

Brad - Thanks for everything. You made this site into an amazing one. Good design and great style prevail, as well as setting an environment that was very even-handed, safe, and enjoyable. This labor of love was very well done. I'm sure Alizée has been very aware of this. :)

mavsluver41
05-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Over three years Brad nurtured Alizée America into, in my opinion, the very best English language site and community about our fée clochette. So for that let's offer him our deepest thanks, gratitude, and congratulations!

Hear, hear :)! Brad, thanks for making time in your busy life to create, foster, and mold this great place. You've truly made a site fit to support our girl :cool:!

Ben
Owner, AlizeeAmerica.com

Mr. President, I knew from the moment you released that LTNY video that you were destined for great things :p. I should have guessed by your randomly fluctuating avatar that great change was in store ;). Here's to a great future for this site, with you at the helm :)!

patyl
05-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Brad , Ben you both ROCK the site, and with these new changes this is going to be so cool!

I guess this means more podcasts more subtitles or translated news and more high qualiies videos.... (yeah)

A big big applause for those "hidden" members with their contributions to this Alizee's site as well :D

Ruroshen
05-26-2009, 02:52 AM
Woo, exciting!

Brad, there aren't words enough to thank you for all the time, effort and hard work you've put into this place. AAm is my browser's home page for a reason, and it's not just because of Alizée. This is an amazing community you've built and fostered, here. You should be proud. Kudos, sir.

Congrats, Ben! As Triple-A already said, yours was the first name that came to mind when Brad posted his hypothetical question about transferring ownership of the site. I'm really looking forward to seeing what your plans are and the future holds, and excited to be a part of it.

Heh, thanks B. I'm proud and humbled to inherit the role of token Canadian mod from Garcon, and will endeavor to do right by his legacy. :p

chazkimies
05-26-2009, 03:01 AM
congrats ben!
and brad, th-th-th-thanks for everything!
you're da man!:D

Unrealizée
05-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Thank you Brad for initiating this awesome site (its the best) and I am happy to hear that its Ben who takes over this site! This is really the best site for real Alizée sympathizers and supporters at least for people like me who are weak in French ( this will change soon hopefully^^). I do not know any better site whatever language.
The clear conception of this site is a dream!

lilly
05-26-2009, 06:35 AM
Congrats Ben!! :)
Finally its nice to see new mods here! The old ones went away and never came back!
Not that this place need moderating or anything! This site/forum just may be one of the most civilised ones on the web!!

Geech
05-26-2009, 08:07 AM
Congratulations Ben!

And thank you Brad for all the work you have put into the site over the last 3 years.

ALS
05-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Congratulations to Brad for finding someone top notch to take over the site.
We all know that Ben will perform marvelously as AA's new owner. We're all behind you 100% with your new endeavor.

Karlalizee
05-26-2009, 10:33 AM
i would like to say something clever, witty and fantastic about brad and ben. but since niether of them are clever, witty or even fantastic i will say nothing. :p

ok, i will say thanks to brad for starting this forum and congrats to ben for keeping it going.

M'alizee
05-26-2009, 10:35 AM
Congratulations Ben!!!! really nice :)
and thanks for all who worked on the site, thanks brad, thanks all :). this great site must live forever :).

wasabi622
05-26-2009, 12:00 PM
yay Ben!!
glad to see someone like you will be taking over! ima excited for all the new videos!
:D

Scruffydog777
05-26-2009, 01:59 PM
Congratulations Ben and thank you for keeping this site going.
I've been one of her biggest critics over the past couple of years. I've voiced my opinions in ways that didn't show much class in the past, but I've learned a lot since those early days. I'm still a big critic of the New Alizee, but I choose my opportunities for criticism much more wisely. Thanks for giving everyone, wether their opinions are pro or con a chance to air their views.

alizeeindia
05-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh thats a great news for me. Its true..no one else deserved more to take over the site than Ben. He is a true dedicated Fan and biggest Fan of Alizee, I hv seen. I am very optimistic about this site and surely we will see some rapid changes.

nurvonic
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Finally its nice to see new mods here! The old ones went away and never came back!

I'm still here:cool:

As for Ben, I give you a non-sarcastic golf clap...

*non-sarcastic golf clap*

Srbski-kralj
05-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Congatz Ben for becoming the next Tzar. :). And to Brad and anyone else who contributed in making this site prosper a big standing ovation.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this massly growing Alizee population

Damir.

Toc De Mac
05-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Brad, thank you for all that you have done to help make this site one of the best online communities that I have ever participated in.

Ben, congratulations! I can't wait to see the forum evolve even further, and I look forward to your proposed changes.

:)

Future Raptor Ace
05-26-2009, 04:33 PM
wow kool Ben, good luck i'm sure you will do a great job!
Thanks for sticking around Brad, this site wouldn't be the same without you!

lefty12357
05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Thanks Brad for starting this wonderful site and all that you have done to keep it going. I have had some wonderful times here and I truly believe there are many more to come.

Ben, I couldn't be happier knowing that you will be at the helm as this site moves on into the future. I can't think of a better or more deserving person. It's nice to be able to look to the future of this site with optimism.

Sir Wood
05-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Congratulations and continued success to the both of you. I will try to help if I can.

edgar93
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Brad, thanks for everything you did for AlizeeAmerica, we all wouldn't be here in the best Engilsh Forum if it wasn't for you champ. You have done a great job, thanks for growing AAm :)!
Ad for you Ben, congratulations chief! Aside from Brad, I don't think there is another member in the site than you that can take care of the site as owner. A great American site for one of the greatest American members.

If you need more people Ben, I'm in, you guys know I love to bring spanish articles and translate them :). Interesting times are coming for the states indeed ;).

wasabi622
05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
oh, and Ben:

If you find any articles in Korean, Id be more than happy to try to translate. I would find them myself... only I honestly have no idea where you guys find all these videos(other than youtube) and news. The only news I get is from here!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio..
05-26-2009, 11:02 PM
oh, and Ben:

If you find any articles in Korean, Id be more than happy to try to translate. I would find them myself... only I honestly have no idea where you guys find all these videos(other than youtube) and news. The only news I get is from here!

Hey wasabi622,
You could search the news everyday here (http://www.google.co.kr/), you never know when you might scoop us all!

TheBarrett
05-26-2009, 11:06 PM
All I can do for the site is be a parasite, offer sarcasm at random turns, spam metal, speak in a classy manner, attempt to type in broken Finnish and Korean, record more songs, perhaps offer more art, and maybe even create slightly inappropriate innuendos at chances given.

Sound good? I think so. ;)

Srbski-kralj
05-26-2009, 11:13 PM
ahahah yeah sound perfect Barrett, :). I offer my services also in the Balkan language but honsetly speaking Im not sure how well know she is over there.

Dark Engine
05-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Brad, thanks for your hard work and giving us American fans a place to congregate. Ben, good luck with your new responsibilities, we know you'll do well.

And Barret, omg wb.

Ben
05-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Thanks again for the kind words everyone!

In my message, I forgot to mention one other on-going project: drawing more attention to the fantastic creative work that comes out of this community!

I have a few ideas in mind for this, but the first is the new fan art section (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24) that's just been created. Please bear with us as we migrate old posts there!

iolaus_uk
05-27-2009, 01:31 PM
I have not been posting for a while but am still alizee crazy.
Just to thank Brad for all he did and Thank Ben for keeping this great site going.
Its a shame you didnt come over to paris the end of last year as you was one of the members i was really looking forward to meeting,as you are a ultimate alizee fan.
Best wishes Ben and i promise to visit more than i have.
Alizee forever x

AceTone
05-27-2009, 03:14 PM
It's good to know that this great forum that Brad started is still in good hands.

Congratulations Big Ben!
... and good luck!

(and to Lefty12357 and Ruroshen)

Klokkeblomst
05-27-2009, 04:56 PM
Congratulations and good luck, Ben! :)

davmuz
05-27-2009, 05:10 PM
best wishes cest davec amour

Ali
05-28-2009, 02:33 AM
Congrats Ben on your purchase of Alizee America. I know you will make a great owner. :) I don't think I know anyone as dedicated to Alizee as you are with all the info and tidbits you provide us about Alizee. If there is anyone worthy of running this site it would be you. I would say you are Alizee's #1 fan in the USA. :)

To brad, thanks for creating this site and keeping it going for all these years. You were one of the first ones that welcomed me when I joined the site. Even though I joined this site in July of '07 I had been lurking on the site ever since Jun 14-16 of '06, so basically ever since the site was created. I remember some of the early members that joined this site like Moe, cybersoil, General Phatton, riva2model64, aFrenchie. Even though I haven't been here for months and probably won't be coming and posting as often because I have real been busy with other things (and Alizee is real addicting if I come here I spend hours on end on this site :p, which I can't afford to anymore). So, I would like to thank you for all the memories and all the enjoyment I had since visiting this site since June of '06. Thanks a bunch! :) I hope you still keep posting here from time to time. Take Care.

Junkmale
05-29-2009, 09:00 PM
Indeed.
Good luck Ben. I'm sure it will be a 100% success for you and thanks to Brad for all his hard work.

Roman
06-06-2009, 07:41 AM
I can't imaging anyone more suitable for this position then you Ben !! Honestly, your dedication is compared to none in my opinion, add to that your well mannered & well balanced character and you have a wining combination. If I knew you were interested I wouldn't have spoken hypothetically to Brad, my respect and sincere best wishes to you with this site !!

Brad we have nothing but love and respect for you, I think you know that already. ;)ditto and thanks Brad for creating this site and allowing me to profit by it in becoming a fan and member of a really cool community

And having such themed sections as a fan art section where all many examples of great fan art over the years can be posted in one place giving the world easy access to discovering how much Alizée has inspired, or a least perhaps an impressive sampling of it.

fsquared
06-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Congratulations Ben! I too have faith that this site is in very capable hands now. Best of luck!

edgar93
06-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much Ben for the PM inbox storage upgrade :eek:! You don't know how much I appreciate it, I was fed up with deleting messages :p.

rehochipe
06-10-2009, 03:40 AM
well,

like all the other guys, I just vame here to say thanks brad!, You have created THE MOST IMPORTANT ENGLISH FORUM ABOUT ALIZEE IN AMERICA, I love this site since I visited it for first I have done many friends here,

and ben, I certanly can say that you will do a perfect work, you are doing it now!

greets!,

wasabi622
06-10-2009, 10:02 AM
is there like an official website or anything? i mean, other than Alizee's website, but like an official US Alizee fan page or anything?

edgar93
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
is there like an official website or anything? i mean, other than Alizee's website, but like an official US Alizee fan page or anything?

Alizee-Latino and Alizee-World are official. Huh, official by Sony BMG.
LillyTown is official as well.

wasabi622
06-11-2009, 12:35 AM
soo... is lillytown in english? and what makes something official anyways?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
06-11-2009, 07:20 AM

lilly-town.com is a french site lillytownusa.com is it's English counterpart

official status is pretty much gained through Sony BMG

heyamigo
06-11-2009, 10:07 AM
just wanted to say i'm really happy for you snatcher (ben) and for this site and community that it worked out this way. there's no better person to take over.

gonna miss brad though. is he around at all anymore?

edgar93
06-11-2009, 03:42 PM

Alizee's presence in the country the website is from is also a big factor.

wasabi622
06-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Alizee's presence in the country the website is from is also a big factor.

oooh.. does the fact that she got married in the US help at all?
:p