PDA

View Full Version : The Alizée America Birthday Fan Art Contest!

Ruroshen
06-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Contest FAQ

Q: I'm an Alizée fan, but I'm not from America. Can I still enter/vote?

A: Of course! Even though the site is called Alizée America, ours is an international community consisting of fans from all over the world! (In fact, I'm actually Canadian myself, eh! :P)

Q: I'm a new Alizée fan (or I'm an Alizée fan who's new to Alizée America). Can I still enter/vote?

A: Anybody who's a member here at Alizée America is welcome to vote or submit an entry...but remember that the contest is being voted on my the members of the community. Hopefully the cream will rise to the top, and people won't be averse to voting for a really great project from a newcomer...but it still wouldn't hurt to get to know people here, and let them get to know you, before posting your magnum opus. ;)

(Caveat to the above: Like I said, I will be monitoring the contest threads for shenanigans. This includes looking for multiple accounts created by the same person. Let's keep it honest, OK? Keep your sock puppets in your sock drawer, please. ;))

Q: How many times can I enter?

A: Community members are limited to one entry apiece in each of the four categories. This means you can submit both a video and a song, or a poem and drawing, but you can't submit both a poem and a short story, since they're both in the 'Writing' category. (You can develop as many different ideas from the same category in the forum as you want up until the deadline, though. So don't hesitate to "test drive" your ideas with the community on the forum before you settle on the one you want to submit!)

Q: Are we allowed to collaborate with other members?

A: Absolutely! In fact, we encourage it! Just keep in mind that you're restricted by the 'one entry per category' rule. If you and a friend are co-writing a story, that means you can't submit a poem of your own, too.

Q: My project doesn't fit into any of your narrowly defined categories!

A: Actually, I've tried to keep the categories as broad as possible, but if you're not sure where it fits, PM me and we'll figure it out together.

Q: What do I get if I win?

A: Bragging rights, mainly. You get to see your creation immortalized on the front page of Alizée America on Alizée's birthday, and the warm, satisfactory glow of a job well done.

Q: No seriously, what do I get if I win?

A: Well OK...it's top secret, so don't go telling everybody...but the winners will also receive a free, very exclusive piece of custom Alizée America swag. We don't want to reveal what it is just yet, but it's something that the community has been asking for, for a long time. Stay tuned for details!

Q: What happens if two projects get the same number of votes?

A: In the event of a tie, the winner in that category will be chozen by the staff of Alizée America.

Q: My concept is a little "edgy"/"controversial"/"adult in nature". Is that OK?

A: Contest entries will be held to the same standards as any other forum post on Alizée America, so the same rules apply: no politics, no religion, and nothing that would offend Alizée. I'd also prefer we err on the side of caution, and avoid any strong language. If you feel your project pushes the envelope on this, PM me and we'll discuss it. (But, uh, do keep in mind the whole "Happy Birthday" theme, huh?)

Q: Why do we have to stick to the "Happy Birthday" theme?

A: Um, because that's kind of the whole point of the contest? :p If you have an unrelated Alizée project you'd like the world to see, we have this whole other section (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24) for that!

Ruroshen
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Hello Lilly Town people! Welcome to the Alizée America Birthday Fan Art contest!

Alizée's 25th birthday is fast approaching, and Alizée America needs some talented fans to help us celebrate it in style! From now until August 10, community members can submit one piece of work in each of the following four categories:

Static Image (original art, Photoshop signature/desktop, etc.)
Music (Remix, original composition, etc.)
Video (Music video, animation, digitial short, etc.)
Writing (Short prose, poetry, etc.)

The theme for the contest is, naturally, “Happy birthday Alizée, from your fans at Alizée America”

Once submissions are closed, we'll be opening up a voting thread for each category. From August 11 until August 14, the community will have the chance to vote for their favorites!

The winners will be revealed on Alizée's birthday, August 21, on the front page of Alizée America, along with links to the other entries!

We'd like to encourage our artists to use this forum to share their development process with the community during the contest phase, and maybe even engage in a little shameless self-promotion (within reason, of course) during the voting phase. Show us the evolution of your project from start to finish, and get some feedback from your fellow fans to make it even stronger! Naturally, some people are going to want to play their cards close to their chest, but in my experience, it’s the people who really get the community involved that fare best in contests like this. I think if enough people get involved—and we do have some really talented people in the community—it has the potential to get everybody really excited!

Once your project is ready for submission, send me a PM with a link to "officially" enter it in the contest. You can change it as much as you like right up until the submission deadline of midnight PST on August 10, at which point all the entries will be considered "locked in".

Voting will begin the next day, August 11, just as quickly as I can get the voting threads for each category up on the forum, and will close at midnight PST on August 14. Community members will each be able to vote once in each category. I will be monitoring the voting threads for shenanigans, so please keep it friendly and honest, OK? Above all, please keep in mind that this is all supposed to be for fun!

And that's it! If you have any other questions that I haven't covered here, please let me know either below or in a PM, and I'll add the answer here.

Thanks gang! Best of luck to all!

TheBarrett
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
You really know how to screw around with me Ruro.
Just when I thought this year would be nice and easygoing. :\

Ruroshen
06-17-2009, 10:41 PM
You really know how to screw around with me Ruro.
Just when I thought this year would be nice and easygoing. :\

Dang, you figured it out. Some of my best ideas come from me sitting here and idly wondering "How can I screw with Barrett?" :p

TheBarrett
06-17-2009, 10:42 PM
Dang, you figured it out. Some of my best ideas come from me sitting here and idly wondering "How can I screw with Barrett?" :p

Happy anniversary by the way.
'Tis the month of June, and you joined June of last year. :)

Ben
06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Happy anniversary by the way.
'Tis the month of June, and you joined June of last year. :)
Ah, that first year of Alizée is always magical...

And actually, the site celebrated it's third anniversary this past Monday, something that slipped even my mind!

Good luck to everyone in the contest. I can't wait to see what you create! :)

TheBarrett
06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
Just one little itch on the back of my head, should we split the traditional artists and the computer artists? It's kind of an apples and oranges kind of deal isn't it?

Ruroshen
06-18-2009, 12:41 AM
Just one little itch on the back of my head, should we split the traditional artists and the computer artists? It's kind of an apples and oranges kind of deal isn't it?

I thought about it, but you could make the same argument for prose and poetry, or for remixes versus original compositions. If we wind up with twenty-five different categories for each little niche, it really dilutes the competition. I've deliberately tried to keep them as broad as possible.

That being said, we can always revisit this if it genuinely becomes an issue. Let's wait and see what happens.

ImRawdg
06-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Sweeeeet. I already planned on starting another recording after I get my mixer modified. I'm really excited about it.

Edit: After reading the FAQ, a normal song of mine wouldn't fit the "happy birthday" theme... I wonder if it would still pass.

Ruroshen
06-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Edit: After reading the FAQ, a normal song of mine wouldn't fit the "happy birthday" theme... I wonder if it would still pass.

Just to follow up on this: part of the reason for the restriction of the theme is to actually encourage creativity and see how far you guys can push it, or how you can twist it to make it work with your style!

That having been said, it doesn't have to be "all birthday, all the time", either. Subtext works too, and subtle allusions or tongue-in-cheek references to the theme (the more clever, the better) are all OK by me. :p

Ben
06-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Yeah, it would be a crime if our talented instrumentalists didn't participate!

lefty12357
06-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Sweeeeet. I already planned on starting another recording after I get my mixer modified. I'm really excited about it.

Well, here's my 2 cents - Just keep Alizée’s birthday in mind when you compose your piece and you should be able to capture a sense of the theme. I think it’s great to have instrumentalists participating.

If we were having a fan art contest about the four seasons, I don’t think we would disqualify Vivaldi...;) So I hope you go for it and submit something.

user472884
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
this is going to be fun...... I wish I knew how to play with all the funky features and effects of photoshop

ImRawdg
06-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah, it would be a crime if our talented instrumentalists didn't participate!

Sorry....

-

Anyway, I honestly don't know how I would ever integrate it, :blink: maybe an alternate version...but maybe I won't submit anything for this... it may not be well received for the event.

Ben
06-18-2009, 11:54 PM
Quote a few notes of the happy birthday song. :p
Heck, I wouldn't mind even if you just tacked it on to the start or end of the file, as long as you participate ImRawdg! :)

Ruroshen
06-19-2009, 12:01 AM
Quote a few notes of the happy birthday song. :p
Heck, I wouldn't mind even if you just tacked it on to the start or end of the file, as long as you participate ImRawdg! :)

Heh, that's funny...I suggested he just add a party horn after the fade-out. :p

ImRawdg
06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
I got an idea recently, actually. It might actually work, a funny coincidence might actually make this "secret" idea work.

And while I'm here, I have not found the easter egg yet.... maybe I'm just an idiot, but I have no idea what to even look for.

TheBarrett
06-19-2009, 12:40 AM
I got an idea recently, actually. It might actually work, a funny coincidence might actually make this "secret" idea work.

And while I'm here, I have not found the easter egg yet.... maybe I'm just an idiot, but I have no idea what to even look for.

What you're looking for, is not what you're looking for. :)

Tomtentp
06-21-2009, 02:04 PM

What is he not looking for?

And I agree, as long as you do something Rawdg, and that goes for everyone else aswell... There's alot of talent around, we already know that.

It doesn't even have to be that "talented", it can just be a bit witty or plain funny. And even if you don't win you still contribute regardless...

This will be mighty fun indeedo :D

ImRawdg
06-21-2009, 02:17 PM
What is he not looking for?

Don't worry, I found it... I don't know whether I hate or love easter eggs :P

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-27-2009, 08:36 AM
when do we post our complete project

Ruroshen
06-27-2009, 10:43 AM
You can post it whenever you want! You don't even have to wait for it to be done - share your development process with the community, and let them get involved to help you make it better! :D

Just rock me a PM linking me to your post when it's an "official" entry, and I'll drop it into the hat.

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
im 12 my drawing isnt gonna win i suppose

user472884
06-27-2009, 03:25 PM
oh i got an idea..........

crap, i actually have to sing though..... but if i can do the JEAM dance for the cult I can sing happy birthday! POUR VOUS ALIZÉE ! C'EST POUR VOUS

does anybody have a link to some piano chords for mademoiselle juliette or fifty sixty?

----------------

HOLY CRAP!!!!! I NEVER MADE THIS CONNECTION!!!!!!!!! I HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY AS ALIZÉE!!!!!!!!! WOOT FTW

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-27-2009, 04:14 PM
heres my horrible drawing oh no look i lost lol http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/Alizee911/?action=view&current=DSC00769.jpg

Roman
06-27-2009, 04:48 PM
heres my horrible drawing oh no look i lost lol http://s692.photobucket.com/albums/vv287/Alizee911/?action=view&current=DSC00769.jpg
clearly he spent like an hour shading her upper lip :p (silly Napoleon Dynamite joke in case you didn't get that)
That's cute. Probably better than I could do. :o
I don't remember her wearing a necklace like that though. Was she?
Hey, just keep working on it. Win or not, I think you will be happy to create a good rendition of Alizée. haha Just thought, make her a birthday outfit and then it will fit the theme. Actually, that dress with the animals on it from the Mexico concert kinda looks like a birthday theme almost.

By the way, I like your signature line. I may have to steal that one.

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-27-2009, 04:56 PM
lol that was supposed bto be that thing from j'en ai marre with the cape thing but I made the outfit different

Roman
06-27-2009, 09:23 PM
lol that was supposed bto be that thing from j'en ai marre with the cape thing but I made the outfit different
"artistic license" I figured that's what that was.

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-28-2009, 10:36 AM
kk sweet i made a video 2

just finished http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sio51eSKpms

Ruroshen
06-28-2009, 01:08 PM
Nice! Some of my favorite photos are in that video, and I love how many of the Alizée Motivators made it in!

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-28-2009, 08:33 PM
used over 50 pics of alizee lol

wasabi622
06-29-2009, 04:40 PM
hahahaa nice video there!! i felt quite speical being a part of Alizee America and seeing it being mentioned.

:p

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-30-2009, 10:19 AM
thank you wasabi! oh and i submitted it

user472884
07-23-2009, 04:39 AM
I've been planning, but I think I might have to drop out.

I had a good idea, but I've found out that I do not have the technical skills to get my desired result... I would have to sing....... I have no idea how to play Mlle Juliette or Fifty Sixty or anything from Psychédélices...

or.... I might continue if I could drop the psych part.....

A question to all of you: Would it be odd to have a tribute consisting of aspects from Gourmandises and MCÉ but nothing from Psychédélices?

Roman
07-23-2009, 08:54 AM

I had a good idea, but I've found out that I do not have the technical skills to get my desired result... I would have to sing....... I have no idea how to play Mlle Juliette or Fifty Sixty or anything from Psychédélices...

A question to all of you: Would it be odd to have a tribute consisting of aspects from Gourmandises and MCÉ but nothing from Psychédélices?
Do what you like.

Tomtentp
07-23-2009, 11:54 AM

+1 what Romanilus said

I mean why would that matter?
Add what you think feels right for the creation. Not like anyone is gonna judge you for not covering everything.

user472884
07-23-2009, 12:03 PM
+1 what Romanilus said

I mean why would that matter?
Add what you think feels right for the creation. Not like anyone is gonna judge you for not covering everything.

yea but my creation involves the trifecta...

it's like celebrating all of Apple's contributions to the world of technology

"and the award goes to Apple for creating the macintosh and the ipod"

and then the crowd goes "wtf? what about the iphone/psychédélices? that's the most recent one!"

or having a slideshow about the government "our government consists of two branches, executive and judicial" "wtf? what about legislative?"
-----------------

it has the same effect on me........ but then again I am mental

Ruroshen
07-23-2009, 12:17 PM
I'm with Roman and TP, Jalen. I'm sure we'd all rather see <i>something</i> from you rather than nothing. Perfect is the enemy of good!

lefty12357
07-23-2009, 06:20 PM

I'm with Roman and TP and Ruroshen, Jalen. Just remember that this contest is in celebration of Alizée's birthday, so I think you are free to focus on any aspect of her life, music and/or career. Don't let your concerns stop you from doing something with your idea and entering it in the contest.

TheBarrett
07-24-2009, 02:23 AM
I don't think i'll be entering this one with anything.
I simply lack the time and the true inspiration to stick with anything for the whole hundred.

Fyrel
07-24-2009, 02:56 AM
Is an extension possible? I don't know if I'll finish mine in time for the deadline.

Srbski-kralj
07-24-2009, 03:16 PM
I use to draw characters and Anime, but now i suck at it lol. I do preaty good with flames and such lol. Cant sing even to save my life lol. So my options are to shut up put the pen down and just watch lol.

Tomtentp
07-24-2009, 03:20 PM
I simply lack the time and the true inspiration to stick with anything for the whole hundred.

I don't think you need them hundred to come up with something brilliant. Like ten or so should do the trick.

Is an extension possible? I don't know if I'll finish mine in time for the deadline.

Hold on, I'll call her mother 'n check ;)
Really, same as above, anything is better than nothing. But ofc I understand what you mean, I could never show off something which isn't "done" with my pride still intact. That's why I seldomly get anything done at all :(

TheBarrett
07-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I don't think you need them hundred to come up with something brilliant. Like ten or so should do the trick.

Really, same as above, anything is better than nothing. But ofc I understand what you mean, I could never show off something which isn't "done" with my pride still intact. That's why I seldomly get anything done at all :(

Okay, i'm okay with a 10. :p
I have made a song then, it took me about....5 minutes to layer it all the way I wanted and 2 minutes to pen the lyrics.
When it's released, you'll sense a very similar melody as the riff. ;)

Fyrel
07-25-2009, 04:52 AM

Hahaha.....I meant for the contest (July 7th). The 21st should be plenty of time, although I doubt I'll get color done in that time. This is shaping up to be pretty ambitious.

Ben
07-25-2009, 11:03 PM
Pretty awesome, Inclining. Not sure how Ruroshen wants these, but I know for adding to the site it would be best if everyone uploaded their original files to sites like rapidshare, medafire, or megaupload.

Fyrel
07-26-2009, 05:15 AM
So is an extension for the contest possible or not? I'm going to be on vacation from the 2nd for about a week, so I don't think I could make the contest date as it is now.

TheBarrett
07-26-2009, 05:28 AM
So is an extension for the contest possible or not? I'm going to be on vacation from the 2nd for about a week, so I don't think I could make the contest date as it is now.

I'm sure he can flex it especially for you, isn't that right Ruroman? Eh? ;)

user472884
08-06-2009, 08:11 AM
great, I have like 20 hours to make a video

THANK YOU PROCRASTINATION

would a song count as one entry and the lyrics themselves count as a writing entry?

-------------

I don't think I can finish in time for the deadline

is it by the 7th (before the clock strikes midnight) or before the eight (by 11:59 on the 7th)?

BlackAnthem
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Well:

I can't draw her. I can't play her music. I can't sing her a birthday song. I CAN, however, write her name very fancy.

sigh.

Amigo!
08-06-2009, 11:12 AM
From now until August 7

From August 8 until August 14, the community will have the chance to vote for their favorites!

The winners will be revealed on Alizée's birthday, August 21, on the front page of Alizée America, along with links to the other entries!

You can change it as much as you like right up until the submission deadline of midnight PST on August 7, at which point all the entries will be considered "locked in".

Voting will begin the next day, August 8, just as quickly as I can get the voting threads for each category up on the forum, and will close at midnight PST on August 14. Community members will each be able to vote once in each category.

Isn't august 7th a bit early? I don't know, it seems a few people might feel a bit rushed. I don't think we need too many days for voting. Maybe sliding the voting over a few days later, closer to her actual birthday. To me it seems like the birthday "surprise" would be kinda ruined if the projects are revealed too soon for the vote.

just my random thoughts :o

Ruroshen
08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Isn't august 7th a bit early? I don't know, it seems a few people might feel a bit rushed. I don't think we need too many days for voting. Maybe sliding the voting over a few days later, closer to her actual birthday.

Hmm... I did announce the contest all the way back on June 17th, though. Somehow I thought giving folks almost 2 months would be more than enough time. Silly me. :p

That having been said, I have gotten a few panicked requests for more time this week, so we'll extend the deadline until Monday, August 10 to give everyone the weekend to finish (or, um, start ;)) their entries. We'll vote from the 11th to the 14th.

** Important: Remember to send me a PM with a download link to your entry once it's ready to go! **

To me it seems like the birthday "surprise" would be kinda ruined if the projects are revealed too soon for the vote.

You do have a point, but we also need to give Ben plenty of time to host the winners and design the special birthday home page for the site!

Amigo!
08-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Somehow I thought giving folks almost 2 months would be more than enough time. Silly me. :p

Yeah Ruro come on, get with the program! you should know this group by now :D, how long have you been here? :p

*looks at Ruroshens join date*

Oh right :p

ImRawdg
08-06-2009, 03:11 PM

I think you could dig up an old drawing and steal the entire show! :p

user472884
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
thank you....... SO much

it seems whenever I set my energy to something, everything goes wrong.

My original birthday file where half was done... well I don't know what happened to it but somehow it got deleted.

My microphone is starting to record mono, not stereo... I was told that my yamaha clp-330 would easily connect to my macbook (that's why I bought the damn thing) but it's not

i actually cut my ear on my headphones
--------------
I'm going to quit complaining and pulling my hair out and take a nap
--------------

again, THANK YOU so much

ImRawdg
08-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah Barrett, do some supernatural Alizée drawing, or medieval sort of thing. Kind of like what you did for the Alizée members on your profile. Those were really good!

And Rawdg, which of your entries are you gonna put in? You have a really big selection to pick from. :D

It's a new one that I'm making, you'll know soon enough. But it's not really "winning" material, just something to put in. I really want to see some amazing visual art pieces done, because that's more fitting for this, and there has to be some really good stuff capable of being created. ;)

Ben
08-06-2009, 07:14 PM
You do have a point, but we also need to give Ben plenty of time to host the winners and design the special birthday home page for the site!
Yeah. Unfortunately her birthday's on a Friday this year, so I'll need the weekend of the 15th-16th to put this together.

TheBarrett
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
I actually did enter, but it's a song recorded and mixed in like 20 minutes with a BlackMetalMic. :p
It's just there though, i'm not expecting nor hoping for anyone to vote for it, it's just a little something members can hear for fun. :)

Ruroshen
08-07-2009, 12:07 PM
I really want to see some amazing visual art pieces done, because that's more fitting for this, and there has to be some really good stuff capable of being created. ;)

There actually haven't been any visual art or writing pieces submitted yet, surprisingly. I'm really hoping that changes over the weekend, because we definitely have some very talented artists and writers in the community.

I actually did enter, but it's a song recorded and mixed in like 20 minutes with a BlackMetalMic. :p

You did that in 20 minutes?! :blink:

EDIT: Alright kids, entries are slowly beginning to trickle in. We actually do have a visual art piece entered now, but still nothing in the writing category...so the field is wide open there! Remember, you've just got 2 days left to get your entry in!

user472884
08-09-2009, 01:37 AM
after the harsh realization that I suck at recording music and video....

I've decided I'll just throw together some karaoke versions of the songs I was going to play so my lyrics won't go to waste.

crap, I will have to sing.

Anybody wanna do it with me?

TheBarrett
08-09-2009, 01:52 AM

I've decided I'll just throw together some karaoke versions of the songs I was going to play so my lyrics won't go to waste.

Anybody wanna do it with me?

Karaoke?
My friend you have just plucked a heartstring.
I've recently fallen in love with some public Karaoke spots, especially when its a full house, you're singing "Gee" with your best friend, and go back to your table to enjoy some Gejang and Kimbap. :)

Roman
08-09-2009, 06:39 AM

Anybody wanna do it with me?hehe où et quand ?
No, but seriously, what songs? I have Mademoiselle Juliette in karaoke. Uh... what'ch you got?

user472884
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM
*sigh*

due to some recent circumstances, I have to drop out of the running.

Ruroshen
08-10-2009, 01:25 AM
*sigh*

due to some recent circumstances, I have to drop out of the running.

Jalen, PM me and let me know what's up. Maybe we can work something out.

To everyone else, I'm just about to head to bed, so this is the absolute last call for entries. Tomorrow morning I'll start posting the voting threads for each category. If you haven't already, make sure you PM me a download link to your entry!

Thank you, and good night. :)

TheBarrett
08-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Just uphold my promise Ruro not to make mine available to be voted on. I don't really care for the victory, I just wanted to put something out there no matter how poorly. :p

Ruroshen
08-10-2009, 01:33 AM
Just uphold my promise Ruro not to make mine available to be voted on. I don't really care for the victory, I just wanted to put something out there no matter how poorly. :p

Boo-urns! :mad: :p

Alright man, it's your call. I'm still totally gonna post it, though. :D

Fyrel
08-10-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I won't be able to make the contest, but I'll make her birthday.....I look forward to seeing everybody else's entries though!

Ruroshen
08-11-2009, 02:49 AM
So the deadline for the contest has come and gone...and from the looks of it, we have a grand total of five entries. (Six, if you count Barrett's.) :o

In light of this, we're going to forego the voting part of the contest, and extend the deadline one last time to Friday, August 14th!

This means you have four more days submit your birthday-themed project for AAm's birthday celebration, and have it featured on the site's home page on Alizée's birthday next week!

It's crunch time now, people! No more excuses! Let's show the world how talented and creative Alizée's American fans can be!

Remember to PM me with a download link to your entry once it's ready!

lefty12357
08-11-2009, 07:44 PM
I was really looking forward to seeing all the entries. But there's only five so far?!?! I hope more people get involved.

After all, this is for Alizée's Birthday ! ! ! :D

Fyrel
08-13-2009, 09:04 AM
UGGGHHHH

I'm totally banging myself over the head over my drawing speed.....it's highly unlikely I'll be able to make it. I'm going to cut down a little on the original concept and focusing on refining what I have to a presentable state. Going to be drawing all day tomorrow trying to finish. :(

Ben
08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Ok last day everyone, and this time the deadline really is final because I'll be making the winners page over the weekend.

Now since we forgoed voting, I think the idea is everyone who submits something is a winner.

And as a last motivational push, let me mention that the prize for winning will be free Alizée America shirts! :)

FireCanine
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Ok last day everyone, and this time the deadline really is final because I'll be making the winners page over the weekend.

Now since we forgoed voting, I think the idea is everyone who submits something is a winner.

And as a last motivational push, let me mention that the prize for winning will be free Alizée America shirts! :)

yay! that's awesome! What's more awesome is that my name is America and my name will be on the shirt as well lol

Fyrel
08-14-2009, 06:19 AM

Oh my god. *insert spectacular awe inspiring string of colorful language here*

I'm going to enter whatever I have by the end of the day then. I want those shirts.

EDIT:

Alright, got what I could get done submitted. Expect something even better on the date of her actual birthday. *rubs hands together*

Ruroshen
08-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Alright folks, the window for submitting entries to the contest has now closed. Altogether, we had eight entries, with at least one in each of the four categories. Huge thanks to everybody who participated. Your projects all look (and sound) awesome!

Obviously we're still working on nailing down a design, but once everything is finalized, you guys will definitely be the first in line for the shiny new AAm T-shirts! :D

Remember to check out the site's home page next Friday, August 21, to see all the contest winners!

FireCanine
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Can't wait to see the page with all of the entries

Ben
08-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Extra special thanks to Ruroshen for putting this contest together! The submissions (including Lefty's project (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4947)) are now on our front page at http://alizeeamerica.com!

Fantastic work everyone, they're all really really great! Feel free to PM Ruro or I your mailing address so we can send a free t-shirt your way as soon as they're ready!

And of course...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALIZÉE!!! :)

Toc De Mac
08-20-2009, 05:47 PM
I am thoroughly, thoroughly impressed.

Chapeau, everyone !

FireCanine
08-20-2009, 06:06 PM
yeah! trop cool! I especially like Lefty's song(Did you put the song on youtube so I can share the song with everyone?!) lol I can hear my voice at the end :P I also like everyone's entry! y'all like my drawing of Alizée as Tinkerbell? wow great job everyone!:D

Srbski-kralj
08-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Great job everyone, it looks great and big congradulations to everyone that was part of the video.

lefty12357
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Leave it to Barrett and his magic fingers to come up with an unexpected and creative twist to this project. Great idea, Barrett – I love it !

And ImRawdg, your music is always so clear, well arranged and recorded. Such good musicianship and so enjoyable to listen to !

Such a very nice poem by IncliningPizza as well as really good piano music.

And FireCanine, a very nice original song (love your voice!) and I like your Tinker-Lilli !

Amigo!, I really love your artwork. Of course it didn’t hurt that you used one of my favorite pictures of Alizée.:)

And Fyrel, that’s really a great drawing ! Impressive!

All in all, I think everyone’s work is excellent and Alizée should be proud that she has such talented and dedicated fans.

And a big thanks to the AlizéeUSA Singers !

And Joyeux Anniversaire Alizée !

Roman
08-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow! good job guys. See, now that's an interesting front page.

Chommpers
08-21-2009, 12:03 AM
The front page has left me beaming from ear to ear, you all are magnificent. I hope Alizée see's it as well and it brightens her day a little. Voilà!

TheBarrett
08-21-2009, 12:17 AM
If you don't mind, you can send that free-shirt I think I gained to Wasabi. :)
I think he's one of the new-wavers that truly deserves it.

Ben
08-21-2009, 12:34 AM
If you don't mind, you can send that free-shirt I think I gained to Wasabi. :)
I think he's one of the new-wavers that truly deserves it.
Always the selfless one, eh Barrett? Don't worry, while at some point we do need to start charging as a fundraiser, I'm sure there will be plenty of freebie love to go around too. ;)

rcs
08-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I was blown away by the front page. You guys rock!:cool:

ImRawdg
08-21-2009, 12:53 AM
Barrett - you are my hero, I wasn't expecting that! Putting a little bit of everything you've got into it :)

And thanks for your compliment, Lefty!

Ruroshen
08-21-2009, 01:58 AM
Woohoo! Incredible work, everybody! Massive, massive thanks to everyone who participated, especially to Ben for designing the awesome-looking front page, and just rolling with it back in June when I said "I have a crazy idea..." :p

I'm really proud of how it's all turned out. I think we've really represented ourselves well as part of Alizée's online fan community, and I really do hope she sees it.

You're all amazing. I want you to know this.

And of course, Joyeux Anniversaire Alizée! :D

Criss_pl
08-22-2009, 09:08 AM
WOW!
It's amazing. All the songs are marvellous. Big thanks to song performers for courage, big thanks for music composers, but the greatest for lefty for beautiful lyrics. Performance is also very good . Lady Lily by Inclining Pizza is a great poem. Artwork, Tinkerbell is amazing, Fyrel's drawing is fantastic, but for me Amigo!'s work has something magical. Thanks for FireCanine for his great work. Thanks for all who participated. I hope that I haven't missed anyone.

I don't know the words, that can express my admiration, it's why I used so simple words.

Ben
11-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Sorry for the delay! Anyone who participated in the contest, please see this topic for info on claiming your prize :) :

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5207

steamstrgg
06-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Demo birdtday picture

http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6096/demographicalz.jpg

Marquis
06-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Yeeeees I've been waiting for this I have some good ideas!!!

steamstrgg
06-28-2010, 06:12 PM
When I'll what send full version

steamstrgg
07-19-2010, 11:39 AM
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3011/dadaf.jpg

2.version alizee happy birthday draw coming soon.:)

Marquis<3Alizée
07-19-2010, 01:22 PM
We need to plan something for her birthday this year.