PDA

View Full Version : It's time to work Together for Alizee! :)

Alex
06-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Well I've been trying to write down this thread for the past months or so. We all have asked the question if one day we will ever get to see Alizee in a U.S. Tour. Why hasn't this occur? Us Alizee Americans have a big challenge and responsibility, that is to promote Alizee in any way we can so America will get to know her. I'm sure that every one of us have done our part to tell others about Alizee. However we still have to work harder, we have seen the great job that Mexican fans did to promote her in Mexico and did whatever necessary to make her come 3 times. I know that if we work together as a Fan Club we could accomplish aolt of success.
Some ideas that I have come up with are:
Internet:
Myspace: send as many messages possible telling her how much we appreciate her, admire her, and hope one day she could delight us with her presence in America.
YouTube: Make mixed videos of her that look attractive for viewers, however put search tags that are popular for Americans, such as: Obama(politics), Madonna/ Britney Spears(music), Transformers(Film), or any other important news during the week/month.
Emails: Try to send emails to French TV stations showing them that she also has a big group of fans here in the U.S.
Radio:
Lets make music request frequently in different stations, so others may hear her.
Flyers:
Making flyers and distributing them anywhere we go and giving them to anyone we see, just as Mexicans fans do it over there.
Have the flyers be in English/Spanish/ Any other Asian language depending ur location
DVD/CD demos:
As someone here in this forum has done; Burn CD/ DVD demos and just leave them anywhere you can.
Her new album is set to come out during September 09, according to SONY BMG Mexico. So we have to get started for this promotion. We are many fans here in the U.S. and Canada there are several fan websites also, we have to get together and work for Alizee. Mexicans fans worked hard for 2- 1 years or so to show Mexico Alizee. Now the time has come for us to show Alizee to America. After reading this post some of you might think Im nuts! lol but lets be honest we all want her to come to the U.S. so lets start this journey together and get organized and begin this new adventure! It will be good to know how many fans do we have here in the U.S. and Canada and know their location (Eastern/Western side of the U.S) to group up and each one of us do our part. I hope after reading this you might understand the picture that I have and together we can make this one dream we all have soon a reality!
Thank You for your support!
Any comments, critics, ideas please dont doubt to post:)

ImRawdg
06-27-2009, 07:18 PM
I have always thought that radio is the best way. In my experience, things are so much better when you come across them by accident. Honestly, I think that if somebody had shown me Alizée deliberately, I would not have been too interested.

AlizéeDuSiècle
06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I talk about her everywhere i try to get people interested i go everywhere when i go to NY ill take the album and buy a CD player and whisper the lyrics in a resturaunt or SOL Ellis Island ill do it

SimonH
06-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Honestly, I think that if somebody had shown me Alizée deliberately, I would not have been too interested.

LOL. I feel you.

People I introduce Alizee's music to don't seem to have the same zeal as me if any at all, & I think it is because of exactly what you claimed.

Vista
06-28-2009, 04:45 AM
Since Alizee has a strong Mexican fan base; and since many Mexicans have migrated to the USA, I would imagine a high percentage of them would be aware of Alizee. So earlier this year I suggested a "... method to promote Alizee is to contact Latino radio stations in the USA...". See my forum post earlier this year.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127973#post127973

user472884
06-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I did the radio thing and the cd thing.

I called one of those radio stations and asked for "Moi Lolita"...... they didn't have it.
I asked for "J'en ai Marre", nope. "Mademoiselle Juliette" nada. "I'm fed up" bing bing bing.

the sickest part of that was not even a minute after i hung up a guy pulled up next to me with none other than I"m Fed Up absolutely blasting. What was hilarious was he looked over to me and said "Can you believe that jackass took that long to get to this awesome song?"
---------------------------

I made a bunch of copies of mes courants électriques and slyly put them on my teachers desks and a few peoples backpacks.

The next day my history teacher came up to me and awesomely said "You can have this back, I already have all her albums"
Man I spent everyday during lunch with him in his class and we would blast the entire Gourmandises album everyday

wasabi622
06-28-2009, 11:36 PM
Since Alizee has a strong Mexican fan base; and since many Mexicans have migrated to the USA, I would imagine a high percentage of them would be aware of Alizee.

that's what i thought!! hahahaa, so whenever i see some Mexican people when i drive around, i make sure to increase the volume of whatever Alizee song i have playing at the time :p

i also have a lot of hispanic friends.. but none of them have heard of her.
:(

Alex
06-29-2009, 02:14 AM
Well you see most of the Mexicans that migrate; migrate from Northern Mexico so in the most part they listen Banda, and "corridos" (mexican music from the north) they are not exposed that much to international music like the central part of Mexico. This is why most Alizee mexican fans are from Mexico City, Puebla, guadalajara, and the northest part Monterrey. So that sucks that is very rare to Find ourselves with a Mexican immigrant that knows of Alizee :( but thats just shows us we still need to spread Alizee's music more in the US.

Karlalizee
06-29-2009, 10:44 AM
in brownsville we would listen to the spanish speaking stations that played a mixture of english and spanish. a few months ago, they started playing alizee's music but mostly her old stuff. many of my friends would listen and say karla, do you have some of her albums? i would say i have all of them including her dvd. we had an alizee party that night. since i was the only one who also spoke french, i had to explain what each song was about. in venezuela, the government controls the music that is played so i listen to merenque, salsa and vallenato on the air but i still have my alizee cd's.

wasabi622
06-29-2009, 12:46 PM
we had an alizee party that night.

that there? that's exactly what we need!

Alex
06-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Thats pretty cool and interesting Karlalizee that a local radio staion played some of Alizee's music. And we can see the results that occuered after playing it; your friends got interested and wanted to listen more to Alizee and even threw out an Alizee party! cool! Just think how many others in that city also wanted to know aboout the new songs playing at the radio.

wasabi622
06-29-2009, 04:49 PM
yea, my friend was having a party and i told him i was gonna bring all of my Alizee albums.. he told me, and i quote "forget man, it's a party. you go enjoy the french chick by yourself in the corner."

Alex
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
And you're still friends with this guy!! Well dude there are all kinds of people in this world, some people are just closed minded towards hearing, experiencing new things. Sucks for him that he doesn't hsve the privilage of enjoying life with Alizee. XD

wasabi622
06-29-2009, 06:32 PM
And you're still friends with this guy!! Well dude there are all kinds of people in this world, some people are just closed minded towards hearing, experiencing new things. Sucks for him that he doesn't hsve the privilage of enjoying life with Alizee. XD

I KNOW! funny thing is.. he's actually French! :P

Alex
06-29-2009, 06:38 PM
WTF! how could this be!!!! this is insane! WOW! well this is how some people are closed to new things. WOW this is very surprising how a French would say such a thing to one of France's most succesful artist in their music history. But o well this doesn't change plans we will still do our part to promote her in America! XD

JimmyDean23
06-29-2009, 07:40 PM
I had a very similar experience. One of my best friends is French and when he saw Alizee's music in my iTunes, he said "why do you listen to this crap, this song is like, ten years old!" (he was talking about Moi...Lolita and this happened in late 2007) He is the only person I know who's heard of her and he didnt like her.

wasabi622
06-30-2009, 06:24 PM
But o well this doesn't change plans we will still do our part to promote her in America! XD

hellz yeah! im not exactly one who cares much of what others think about me as long as i believe in it. :D especially my friends, im sure they're just messing with me, but eh, who cares when i have Alizee?

edit: soo.. about them t-shirts? I am honest to god excited to get working on them! :D

RobandSandy
06-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Since Alizee has a strong Mexican fan base; and since many Mexicans have migrated to the USA, I would imagine a high percentage of them would be aware of Alizee. So earlier this year I suggested a "... method to promote Alizee is to contact Latino radio stations in the USA...". See my forum post earlier this year.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=127973#post127973

I am a new fan in Orlando FL. I just discover her mabey 90 days ago. Ever since I tell everyone, I give out demo cd, I send video links, I talk to record storesetc.... But this news is encouraging,,, since Scruffy began the radio ads in Boston, I was inspired to call requests in to 2 Orlando stations that would play her music. The feedback I recieved was a mix of good and bad. The good, they have been recieving requests for Alizée for quite some time now and have heard of her. The bad news was this, they are NOT ALLOWED to honor her requests by MGMT untill a US album is released. I like this suggestion a lot Latin radio stations in Orlando!!!!!!! I think Alizée has been heard of here due to the large latin community esp those who have immigrated from Mexico. Actually, if my memory ever serves me correctly a young Mexican man at a construction jobsite several years ago was trying to tell me about her. The language barrier and the fact that I had no computer caused me to blow it off, however passionate he was in his telling me of her. But now I can thank him too. Because I have become a very ardent Alizée fan. I will begin my quest to request Alizée on some Latin stations.:D

Edit:

yea, my friend was having a party and i told him i was gonna bring all of my Alizee albums.. he told me, and i quote "forget man, it's a party. you go enjoy the french chick by yourself in the corner."

My boss said that if he wanted to go to sleep instead of work then I should play Alizée. Im the one who has the tune box at work. So I played her when he left. And several times when he came back she was on and I turned it up anyway. And when the next comment hit it went something like this outta my mouth," You get to a certain age and you know what you like whether anyone else likes it or not." Won his respect. Dont say nuthin to me when I get in the Alizée mood anymore. Wasabi dont let the fakers and the haters ever get to you.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Yup sure will I'll try and get the word out as best I can.

Edit:

I had a very similar experience. One of my best friends is French and when he saw Alizee's music in my iTunes, he said "why do you listen to this crap, this song is like, ten years old!" (he was talking about Moi...Lolita and this happened in late 2007) He is the only person I know who's heard of her and he didnt like her.

What that's crazy I don't know anybody persnolay who likes or doesn't like Alizée.

Edit:

He acually said that that's pretty harsh for someone to say.Some people just need to keep things to themselves sometimes. Hey if I were you I would of brought them still.

wasabi622
07-14-2010, 01:07 AM
Though recently my activity level in Lilly Town has been low.. the only thing that I can think of doing is probably joining the French club back at college and try to get some of them interested. There's not enough interest to start an Alizée club, unfortunately. :p

He acually said that that's pretty harsh for someone to say.Some people just need to keep things to themselves sometimes. Hey if I were you I would of brought them still.

Hahaa, well I had them on me, but I just blasted them in my car on my way there. (He needed a ride. :p)

Though now that I've calmed down a bit and I'm no longer in everyone's face about it, they've all accepted my fandom of Alizée, and some of them even.. well, somewhere between tolerate and like, whatever that may be, her.

Success?? :p

Chuck
07-14-2010, 01:30 AM
I've been playing lots of her music at home, in the car, and on my mp3 for about a year now, and at least a couple dozen Madisonians now are aware of Alizée who never were before. Our local video store now has 'En Concert' and a lot more French movies for rent, and one of my buddies has been borrowing a couple of her albums from me.

Small stuff. But not insignificant. :o

...Actually, I've been thinking that it's been a while since anyone was doing any new graphic ideas here on AAm. Like, BlackAnthem's bumper sticker design - that would've been sweet. I've got an idea or two I've been saving up for some time, but I bet most anybody else here could do at least as well...

wasabi622
07-14-2010, 01:38 AM
I've been playing lots of her music at home, in the car, and on my mp3 for about a year now, and at least a couple dozen Madisonians now are aware of Alizée who never were before. Our local video store now has 'En Concert' and a lot more French movies for rent, and one of my buddies has been borrowing a couple of her albums from me.

Small stuff. But not insignificant. :o

...Actually, I've been thinking that it's been a while since anyone was doing any new graphic ideas here on AAm. Like, BlackAnthem's bumper sticker design - that would've been sweet. I've got an idea or two I've been saving up for some time, but I bet most anybody else here could do at least as well...

You got a local business involved? I'd call that a great success. :D

Chuck
07-14-2010, 03:24 AM
You got a local business involved? I'd call that a great success. :D

Awww, it wasn't that hard, it's my store. :D (Ulp, I mean, Mrs. Chuck's and mine!) :o But I'm the guy who orders all the movies. :D (For a picture, see this. (http://bongovideo.com/Forum))

...Actually, I've been thinking that it's been a while since anyone was doing any new graphic ideas here on AAm. I've got an idea or two I've been saving up for some time, but I bet most anybody else here could do at least as well...