PDA

View Full Version : Can't sell me French

BlackAnthem
07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Well, to start, you are not going to be able to go on a popular radio station and tell them play Alizée. They won't do it. Sorry.

But college radio stations will! And college students are good to start. They like it then.....everything falls into place. Because then her fan basis in America among young adults will increase. Which is good. So that is my idea.

Also her singing English songs on demo CD's. You could ask a local store to give them out for free with every purchase or something. Then she will be known for her English songs and stuff...I don't know. You get me right?

wasabi622
07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
i like this better. :D

the only problem i can see is.. well, only one actually. and that's getting the stores to give em out, and i suppose getting people to take them too.

btw, we're not doing anything illegal are we? i mean, trying to promote a singer by making CDs of music that isn't ours and giving them out.. i know we're not taking any money for it, but still, just to be safe. :blink:

user472884
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
i like this better. :D

the only problem i can see is.. well, only one actually. and that's getting the stores to give em out, and i suppose getting people to take them too.

btw, we're not doing anything illegal are we? i mean, trying to promote a singer by making CDs of music that isn't ours and giving them out.. i know we're not taking any money for it, but still, just to be safe. :blink:

yea im pretty sure it's illegal

I think a loophole may be if we make cd's with samples of some of the better songs
-----------------
if we were really dedicated we could just simply buy a lot of her cd's and give them away as gifts, or as I found on my D.C. trip, just leave the cd's in strategic places in an airport

Future Raptor Ace
07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
yea im pretty sure it's illegal

I think a loophole may be if we make cd's with samples of some of the better songs
-----------------
if we were really dedicated we could just simply buy a lot of her cd's and give them away as gifts, or as I found on my D.C. trip, just leave the cd's in strategic places in an airport
The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-07-2009, 08:50 PM
why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

The CDs me and Ben gave out im pretty sure were demos (not full songs) therefor it is not illegal

so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars ;)

TheBarrett
07-07-2009, 08:59 PM
why don't someone buy air time on a radio station for like 3 minutes and play a song?

so long as the clips are under 20 seconds I believe once it gets over that it becomes illegal, but then again people on youtube get away with it all the time

and as far as foreign music in the states just look at Yelle, Rammstein, Korpiklaani... all of them can sell out venues in the states and can get radio airtime

PS. and soon to be Melissa Mars ;)

Korpiklaani has been active since 2003 (less than Alizée) and sing in languages that are far less understandable or common than French. They do not appeal to a mainstream sound, so why is it plausible that they just had a very successful North American tour, and Alizée can not?
If people can accept a bunch of drunks, sing about being drunk and getting drunk, in a language they can't understand, why can't they accept someone who speaks a well-known foreign language that is now nearing a similar sound to what's hip today?

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs44/f/2009/143/d/2/Korpiklaani_III___PaganFest_by_Rachybby.png

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/143/8/3/Korpiklaani_XI___PaganFest_by_Rachybby.png

ImRawdg
07-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Do you think this would work:

Directly emailing the radio station and send them a song in an attachment, that way they may download the attachment and listen (I was thinking 50/60 would be a good song choice). I also plan on telling them about our situation as far as getting her spread around. And if that doesn't work, I know one of the DJ's at the station and if the DJ's can play whatever they want then this just might work. This is no college radio station either, it's one of the main ones in my area (I guess). If it ends up happening I will see about getting my hands on a recording of the surrounding comments from the DJ. I don't know anything about how radio stations operate so if this sounds ridiculous, that doesn't surprise me.

lefty12357
07-07-2009, 10:04 PM
Do you think this would work:

Directly emailing the radio station and send them a song in an attachment, that way they may download the attachment and listen (I was thinking 50/60 would be a good song choice). I also plan on telling them about our situation as far as getting her spread around. And if that doesn't work, I know one of the DJ's at the station and if the DJ's can play whatever they want then this just might work. This is no college radio station either, it's one of the main ones in my area (I guess). If it ends up happening I will see about getting my hands on a recording of the surrounding comments from the DJ. I don't know anything about how radio stations operate so if this sounds ridiculous, that doesn't surprise me.

I bought an extra copy of Psych and sent it to a station in my area along with a letter of explanation. I addressed it to the person that DJ's the Saturday night request show. I gave them links to fan pages, Alizée's official sites and some YouTube Vids. I then requested the the hell out of it, but to no avail. I still think it's worth it, though. Sooner or later I think someone will play her and it will set the precedent.

If you send an attachment in an e-mail, make sure you are directing it to a person there that might do something with it. If it just ends up in a general mailbox it will likely be discarded. The same goes with regular mail. A contact person can be very important.

BlackAnthem
07-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Ok I am not sure if this is illegal, but giving people little 20 second demo's aren't going to hook them. I think people in shops will give them out. And people taking them isn't going to be a problem. You don't even have to give them to shop you can just leave a box on a corner with the CD's. I am only worried about the legal issues we may encounter.

user472884
07-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Ok I am not sure if this is illegal, but giving people little 20 second demo's aren't going to hook them. I think people in shops will give them out. And people taking them isn't going to be a problem. You don't even have to give them to shop you can just leave a box on a corner with the CD's. I am only worried about the legal issues we may encounter.

its only illegal if we burn a couple thousand dvd's and start throwing them around like mardi gras beads.......

if someone *crazy* enough legitimately buys a number of cd's and then hands them out... there is no wrong doing because the label and Alizée still get paid

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-08-2009, 07:46 PM
its only illegal if we burn a couple thousand dvd's and start throwing them around like mardi gras beads.......

it is illegal if you burn just one that is not for personal use and that is only if you have proof of purchase of the album and if you didn't it would also be illegal

I think Sony (or any other record company) could legally sue you for up to $20,000 per song shared

BlackAnthem
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Ok but don't sell it to them. Just give it to them. Even so leave them in a box with a "take one" sign on it.

wasabi622
07-09-2009, 04:49 PM
sooo.. to be clear, as long as we're NOT making any sort of economic profit off of it, it's not illegal right? The whole copyright law thing regards fans buying one album, burning copies of it and selling them right?

BlackAnthem
07-09-2009, 04:55 PM
It's to my understanding that you are not allowed to sell "burned" albums for profit without the consent of Sony/Alizee/her agent. Which I am not getting. So providing maybe, like someone said on a different thread, a fan made demo of bits and pieces of music and pictures. You know like a slideshow of her at concerts singing and pictures of her to music.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-09-2009, 08:24 PM
copyright laws apply even when a profit is not made, hence most of the free file sharing sites are no more

rcs
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
The college radio thing has been done. It shouldn't stop there though. I think you need to keep networking. Start making friends in advertising, communications/media, clubs and people in general who like to get out (that means away from the computer) and spread the word on the street. Who in your city is willing to network? Surround yourself with those friends and try to keep growing that circle. Sounds like an Amway approach, but it is the concept that I think may help some of us.

edgar93
07-09-2009, 10:19 PM
it is illegal if you burn just one that is not for personal use and that is only if you have proof of purchase of the album and if you didn't it would also be illegal

I think Sony (or any other record company) could legally sue you for up to $20,000 per song shared

I wonder what people like Disque-Drop did to avoid this problem, anyone knows?
It would suck if Sony sued you while you were just trying to promote Alizée, ehmm, or do their job.

Ben
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
I took a grad-level course on copyright law in college, and whenever things like this come up it reminds me of something that professor said: these laws only exist as far as the copyright holder is willing to enforce them. Not to say it's suddenly legal, but if Sony or whomever else approves, what's the problem? There's also a lot you can get away with under "fair use" with samples if you can prove that it's helping (or at least not hurting) the artist, and is all non-profit. Basically, I wouldn't worry about making reasonable demo discs as long as they don't feature, like, large chunks of an album.

Scruffydog777
07-10-2009, 09:06 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ptsh-YRwFQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_ptsh-YRwFQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If it has to be under 20 seconds, maybe something like this video I posted specifically for promoting her could work. It has several clips around 20 seconds in length. You could include attachments for links to individual 20 second links of songs to make it easier for them to pick and choose.

It's fairly easy for anyone to make up a video like this and post it so they can include whatever songs they think would work best, Psych, MCE, Gour, whatever.

Even though for the most part, where she has both an English and French version to a song, I prefer the French version, I started off this demo with all English songs because I thought they were the ones most likely to get played by U.S. station.

I started off with Youpidoo because it has a catchy beat to it and whoever made this video, had several beautiful views of Alizée in just this short segment. If the music doesn't quite hook them, then the video surely will.

lefty12357
07-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Speaking of copyrights, I just got this in my e-mail today from Dailymotion:
Some or all of the elements composing your video, "Alizée - Fifty Sixty - Lefty Remix," have been flagged as infringing upon the intellectual property rights of a third party (e.g. author, producer, artist, etc.). It has been removed at the request of one or more of the rights holders.

It sure would be nice if they would tell you which elements and who claimed ownership. The video is all stills from various sources. It had to be one of the photos because the music is mine and Alizée made her voice available for free download for the purpose of allowing us to make remixes. And none of those photos appear for over 20 seconds.

Like Ben said, they can enforce it if they want to.

Ben
07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Like Ben said, they can enforce it if they want to.
Well I meant that more about cases where they choose not to enforce it. ;) Did your clip include any footage from M6? They've been cracking down lately. I doubt it would hold water if the copyright holder brought it to court, but then Dailymotion can do whatever they want on their site.

wasabi622
07-10-2009, 11:28 PM
*sigh*

all this legal buisness makes this attempting of a good selfless deed such a headache.

as long as we're not making money off of it, why would they care?!?!

we don't want no damn money! we. want. ALIZEE! we will actually give money to them for it.

Ben
07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Don't worry Wasabi, copyright law isn't as stupid as some might think, and will take into account the nature of what it is you're doing if it ever comes to court (which it won't). "Fair use" asks four things: the nature of the use, the nature of the thing being used, the amount being used, and the effect it has on it's value. If it's clear that you're not profiting, causing no harm and in fact being beneficial, then there shouldn't be a problem. All the crack downs online are based on that fact that file sharing supposedly hurts artists, but I don't see how that could be said about the things we want to do for Alizée.

wasabi622
07-10-2009, 11:43 PM
yeah, i guess people are a bit more logical. :p
and didin't Alizee said that she doesn't mind the free downloading of her music?
she said something like although it does hurt sales, it greatly helps in her music getting to people who might have otherwise never heard of her?

heck, if they were strict and took her vids off of youtube, i'd have never found her.
which would be unknowningly devestating to me.

Ben
07-10-2009, 11:49 PM
she said something like although it does hurt sales, it greatly helps in her music getting to people who might have otherwise never heard of her?
Yeah, she did say that... ehhh... I think she's walking a fine line trying not to offend anyone, because file-sharing did help her in Mexico. I wouldn't take it as a blanket statement endorsing downloading. At the same time back home in France, her name was one of those included on a recent petition to promote legal downloads and cutdown on piracy. So I dunno, the whole internet thing is a trickier issue. I was just referring to our efforts to promote her in the US with fliers, clips, demo CDs/DVDs, etc. I'm sure all of that will be totally fine! :)

wasabi622
07-10-2009, 11:52 PM
Fliers and demo CD/DVDs. gotcha!

where can we put the fliers though? I mean.. :blink: i don't have the slightest clue.
i suppose i can just randomly give them out to people? stick em peoples mail boxes? on their cars windshields?

Ben
07-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Yeah, I dunno. To be honest I think we need far greater numbers than can be achieved with scattered fliers. Need to hit the media, or figure out some other way to reach a mass audience.

wasabi622
07-11-2009, 12:02 AM
ok, so here's another out there idea.
as ya'll know, i work at the theater. now, between showings of each movie, and right before them(right before the previews) they show ads. any ads. ads from big companies, small companies, or even individual people(lawyers, doctors, and such).

i suppose we could try go get that going, but the issue of rights comes up again.. and the audience would be limited to those that come to the theater i work at. and im sure it'll require significant amounts of moolah.

Ben
07-11-2009, 12:06 AM
That's not a bad idea! It's at least worth looking into if they'll allow it. I think we could probably come up with the money if we all contribute. It reminds me of talk a few years ago about renting a theater for Alizée's birthday, just for fun.

wasabi622
07-11-2009, 12:12 AM
well, i'll leave the legal stuff up to you ben. :p you seem to know a lot more than me.
i'll talk to the managers and figure out what we can do.. like, maybe we can have short video clips? or pictures? and how much it'll cost, etc.

and i think timing is important too.. we should probably plan on doing it say, september? in anticipation for the new album due in october?

Ben
07-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Where's your theater located, Wasabi? Cause I think it would make most sense to hit up metro areas like NY or LA first. They have slide-show ads for local businesses before most movies here. I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to get one of those.

wasabi622
07-11-2009, 12:23 AM
the one i work at is showplace 16 in Naperville, Illinois, but the company is Kerasotes.. the only non mid-west state that we're in is California, and New Jersey.

and definetly go for any theater that does it. i was simply suggesting a vessel. :D

lefty12357
07-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Well I meant that more about cases where they choose not to enforce it. ;) Did your clip include any footage from M6? They've been cracking down lately. I doubt it would hold water if the copyright holder brought it to court, but then Dailymotion can do whatever they want on their site.

No, there was no M6 footage. Actually, no footage at all. It was all stills. However there may have been a few screen caps from M6 footage. It was mostly Alizée’s promo pics, along with a few fan photos. But there was one that I suspect might be a problem. I had the FHM magazine cover photo. Unfortunately, I used the one that someone photoshopped to remove the logo. It’s normally my rule not to use stuff like that, but it must have slipped my mind when I put it in the video.

Anyways, I’m not concerned about any legal action. It’s just the fact that it was removed without giving me an opportunity to respond to the accusation. I see filesharing as the main danger in copyright infringement and I would agree that fan-made videos and video excerpts from concerts and shows only help to promote artists. I surely would not encourage anyone to stop making them or using them to promote their favorite artist.

I can’t tell you how much money I’ve spent on artists that I discovered because this stuff is out there. The fact that I’m here and a fan of Alizée is a perfect example.

BlackAnthem
07-11-2009, 12:47 PM
The theater is a good idea. Yeah buying slides before a movie might work. But if the movie is good, who's going to remember an AD they saw?

"Oh the movie was good....BUT THERE WAS THIS AD!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!" I don't see it, sorry.

wasabi622
07-23-2009, 01:34 PM
The theater is a good idea. Yeah buying slides before a movie might work. But if the movie is good, who's going to remember an AD they saw?

"Oh the movie was good....BUT THERE WAS THIS AD!!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!!" I don't see it, sorry.

well.. it sorta works like any other ad.
i mean, when you drive on the high way, you see the billboards, but its not like you're gonna arrive at six flags and go "ZOMG! I SAW THE MOST AMAZING BILLBOARD SIGN!"

its... just advertisement.

Fyrel
07-23-2009, 06:40 PM
well.. it sorta works like any other ad.
i mean, when you drive on the high way, you see the billboards, but its not like you're gonna arrive at six flags and go "ZOMG! I SAW THE MOST AMAZING BILLBOARD SIGN!"

its... just advertisement.

Advertisement isn't supposed to make you buy the product just by itself; when was the last time you bought a product purely based on a commercial or billboard you saw? It works with the subconcious; i.e you'll see the most stunning woman you've ever seen on a billboard or on a theater ad (;)) and you see the album in the store or online and you'll go "Hey, might as well check it out". It's very hard to make an advertisement that moves products purely by itself, but if you have an ad and then a product readily available then it works. I don't think advertising would be a huge problem (I know I'd be willing to donate towards one), but the main problem would be making something Alizée oriented purchasable without one actively searching Amazon for it.

wasabi622
08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
so i saw school of rock today. and jack black gave me an idea.

can't we just post psoters of her? not like those expenseiv legit posters, but just like a peiice of paper with a picture of her and those little ripoffabble thigns that have the url to either here or some of hery outube videos?

i dunno what the lawas are regarding that though. :blink:

puffyrock2
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
so i saw school of rock today. and jack black gave me an idea.

can't we just post psoters of her? not like those expenseiv legit posters, but just like a peiice of paper with a picture of her and those little ripoffabble thigns that have the url to either here or some of hery outube videos?

i dunno what the lawas are regarding that though. :blink:

We could, but people wouldn't know who they're looking at. Is she a singer? Actress? Model? Depending on the image, it might not be easy to tell. Another thing, her name is unusual and i've notice people tend to forget it. My family butchers her name when teasing me about how much i like her.

JEP
08-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Louisiana Has A French Population, Maybe We Should Put A Push On Getting Her Music Played Here. Vive Les Francaise En Louisiana.:D:D:D

puffyrock2
08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Louisiana Has A French Population, Maybe We Should Put A Push On Getting Her Music Played Here. Vive Les Francaise En Louisiana.:D:D:D

Down in the swamps, there are quite a few french speakers, but i don't know if Alizee's music would resonate with these people. Zydeco and cajun music is popular here, a far far cry from Alizee's brand of pop.

wasabi622
08-17-2009, 12:18 AM
We could, but people wouldn't know who they're looking at. Is she a singer? Actress? Model? Depending on the image, it might not be easy to tell. Another thing, her name is unusual and i've notice people tend to forget it. My family butchers her name when teasing me about how much i like her.

hahahaa so true! all my friends pronounce it "Ali-Zee" rather than "Ali-Zay". :p
oh well, i think the name is unique and thus easier to remember! its one of the few female names i know that has a "z" in it!! :p

'sides. shes beautiful, that'll be enough for most people. or we can just have a picture of her singing! :eek: hahaaa

Fyrel
08-17-2009, 05:28 AM

This is why I think promotion should coincide with the new album release. That way we can have a "new album out now" or something that goes with the poster.

BlackAnthem
08-17-2009, 03:55 PM
Good point everyone. To answer some of the questions asked:

1. We could show her with a microphone like wasabi has and play a sample of her music in theaters before the movie starts. (I was just weary that no one would remember it after a two hour movie. But if someone can do it, I am all for them.)

wasabi622
08-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Good point everyone. To answer some of the questions asked:

1. We could show her with a microphone like wasabi has and play a sample of her music in theaters before the movie starts. (I was just weary that no one would remember it after a two hour movie. But if someone can do it, I am all for them.)

yay for agreeing with me! :D

heres the thing though, it ain't cheap. we're all gonna have to pitch in, and most importantly, decide which theater to do it at, and what clip to show.

and of course.. how freaking legal it is!

Fyrel
08-18-2009, 05:54 AM
yay for agreeing with me! :D

heres the thing though, it ain't cheap. we're all gonna have to pitch in, and most importantly, decide which theater to do it at, and what clip to show.

and of course.. how freaking legal it is!

Jive Epic has been rather responsive to Tweeter posts, so perhaps we could ask for permission there. They seem to be positive about the whole fan promotion thing.

BlackAnthem
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Good. That's really good that they are all for the promotion. That means they are ready to act if a lot of people show interest. So if everyone is willing to pitch in for the movie thing (however I think we will have conflicts with the whole movie ad thing regarding location, money, etc.) I am all for it.

Good Luck.

wasabi622
08-18-2009, 10:19 PM
glad to see we're all slowly begining to agree and work towards something!! :D

Fyrel
08-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Good. That's really good that they are all for the promotion. That means they are ready to act if a lot of people show interest. So if everyone is willing to pitch in for the movie thing (however I think we will have conflicts with the whole movie ad thing regarding location, money, etc.) I am all for it.

Good Luck.

Technically all they said was "Are Alizée fans the most dedicated?", but I take that as a good sign. I'll probably do some advertising on my own once the album comes out anyway.

Chuck
08-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Actually, early in the thread, you folks were discussing making and distributing CD's with samples of songs. It's a terrific idea, and it's been done before, too!

Check out this Operation Disque Drop: http://disquedrop.blogspot.com/

I think he said he was a member of AAm-- anybody know?

Anyway, burning "mystery disks" that have some song samples and something like "Tangy Pop -Alizee" scrawled on 'em, maybe a hint to go to youtube, disquedrop, or here. That'll get some converts. One at a time, but hey...

The poster idea is cool too: what if we had a .pdf or two of posters or stencils here to download and start plastering/painting our towns with? Hint, black and white is better for cheap, mass copying, but heck. ;)

Fyrel
08-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Actually, early in the thread, you folks were discussing making and distributing CD's with samples of songs. It's a terrific idea, and it's been done before, too!

Check out this Operation Disque Drop: http://disquedrop.blogspot.com/

I think he said he was a member of AAm-- anybody know?

Anyway, burning "mystery disks" that have some song samples and something like "Tangy Pop -Alizee" scrawled on 'em, maybe a hint to go to youtube, disquedrop, or here. That'll get some converts. One at a time, but hey...

The poster idea is cool too: what if we had a .pdf or two of posters or stencils here to download and start plastering/painting our towns with? Hint, black and white is better for cheap, mass copying, but heck. ;)

If you spread it out through different types of media it's more likely to attract attention, I think. I guess once the new cd comes out we can slip sample cds in Andy Warhol biographies? I dunno how legal that'd be, but we could do something of the sort.

BlackAnthem
08-19-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah...no. Now that I really think about it I realize selling (or even giving away) these "sample/demo" CD's is probably very illegal. I would stick with posters although CD's would make more of an impact. Posters or flyers to stick in people's doors would work I suppose. Like "Check out Alizée @ AlizeeAmerica.com.." or something like that, along the lines of. Okay.

wasabi622
08-19-2009, 11:36 PM
if anything, the easiest would probably be either bumper stickers or t-shirts.
effortless really, but gets the message across.

and seeing as how we're all so spread out.. it'll be down to like one person per every other city or something to carry it out.

i smell a Alizee America convention!! :p

Alex
08-19-2009, 11:46 PM
I know what you mean Wasabi, like I've linked this video before: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4gosyNj8Bc
but the stickers are REALLY cool! we should get ideas from these guys

BlackAnthem
08-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Well...I wouldn't but a t-shirt of something that I didn't know about. So who is going to buy Alizee stuff if they haven't heard her music? Isn't THAT what we are trying to do.

(Also yesterday, I found out that hardly anyone in Sony knows who Alizee is. And by hardly anyone, I mean no one. As far as Alizee goes, the place was a ghost town.)

wasabi622
08-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Well...I wouldn't but a t-shirt of something that I didn't know about. So who is going to buy Alizee stuff if they haven't heard her music? Isn't THAT what we are trying to do.

(Also yesterday, I found out that hardly anyone in Sony knows who Alizee is. And by hardly anyone, I mean no one. As far as Alizee goes, the place was a ghost town.)

hahahaa, sorry i should've been more clear. :D

what i ment was that bumper stickers and t-shirts are the best ways to get her noticed. not to get people to buy her stuff.

Srbski-kralj
08-20-2009, 09:04 PM
True I like the bumper sticker idea alot, it would be awesome driving around with Alizee on my car, and her music blasting out of my system.

wasabi622
08-22-2009, 01:52 AM
True I like the bumper sticker idea alot, it would be awesome driving around with Alizee on my car, and her music blasting out of my system.

ahh yes.. how i miss those days now. here, stuck at college with no car, thus no way of spreading the awesomeness of Alizee's music.

but of course, i raise the volume just a tiny bit when im listening to Alizee in my dorm! :D not to mention the Alizee poster i've finally put up! (it was, in all actuality, the first thing i did when i got to my dorm. :D)

BlackAnthem
08-22-2009, 09:50 PM
hahahaa, sorry i should've been more clear. :D

what i ment was that bumper stickers and t-shirts are the best ways to get her noticed. not to get people to buy her stuff.

Ok, but still. Who has the bumper stickers? Us? Well that is fine but that's only a thousand people, assuming we all participate. We need a "surge" of Alizee "noticible-ification" in one area. Not thinned out over millions of squared miles. Let's get her noticed in one confined area. You catch me?

wasabi622
08-23-2009, 02:43 AM
Ok, but still. Who has the bumper stickers? Us? Well that is fine but that's only a thousand people, assuming we all participate. We need a "surge" of Alizee "noticible-ification" in one area. Not thinned out over millions of squared miles. Let's get her noticed in one confined area. You catch me?

yea. but then there's nothing much we can do practically... not a significant chunk of the people here live close to each other, so if we wanted to start off in a confined area, not much would happen i don't think.

Fyrel
08-23-2009, 06:48 AM

One person can do quite a bit by themselves....

BlackAnthem
08-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Fyrel, I believe you. Wasabi, that would depend on the area. Washington D.C. is an easy place to advertise and will be effective. I mean look at the traffic in the area. Thousands of workers and tourists go through there everyday. So I would put that at the top of oiur list. New York City too!

So think about it. If the confined area is popular...you do the math.

wasabi622
08-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Fyrel, I believe you. Wasabi, that would depend on the area. Washington D.C. is an easy place to advertise and will be effective. I mean look at the traffic in the area. Thousands of workers and tourists go through there everyday. So I would put that at the top of oiur list. New York City too!

So think about it. If the confined area is popular...you do the math.

mmmm... bumper stickers... :D

Vorock
08-25-2009, 10:52 AM
mmmm... bumper stickers... :D

I like where this is going O.o

BlackAnthem
08-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Fine. I don't disagree. It's a good idea. Do it.