PDA

View Full Version : Better chances of Alizee coming here?

super5
07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
Are the chances of her coming her still very low? or have they gotten higher, cause ive never been to a concert, and i'd LOVE for this to be first one.

Srbski-kralj
07-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Well I believe still preaty low but who knows how her 4rth album will hit.

super5
07-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Well I believe still preaty low but who knows how her 4rth album will hit.

hopefully the album will catch the American Media and people will like it, so im not the only one in milwaukee who's heard of her!

Karlalizee
07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
(whispers) if you pay her she will come :p

edgar93
07-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I hope the new album will come with an english song, and if so happens, Alizée should try the States ;)!

Scruffydog777
07-13-2009, 11:54 PM
I would think there would be two main focuses of this new album. The first would be to make one or two songs in Spanish to help maintain her current fan base in Mexico, because right now, it looks like that is the only place she can fill up a concert hall.

But the main focus has to be to win back fans in her home country, so I would think the rest of the songs would be in French. The French are a very proud people and it's got to be a very big thorn in her side that she has had to cancel two concerts in Paris, so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.

I think the best we can hope for is that there might be a couple of songs on there like J'ai pas vingt ans and JAM, that lend themselves easily to translation. Actually it wasn't that easy, because they did have to modify the lyrics quite a bit, but with some songs it's a lot easier than others.

wasabi622
07-13-2009, 11:58 PM
my dear friend super 5.. where have you been?!

we've all been racking our brains as to how to promote here in the America so that she have a concert here. :D

and i feel ya in the alienation.. im pretty sure im the only one in naperville and all surrouding areas (maybe all of illinois?) that knows about her.

edgar93
07-14-2009, 12:05 AM
But the main focus has to be to win back fans in her home country, so I would think the rest of the songs would be in French. The French are a very proud people and it's got to be a very big thorn in her side that she has had to cancel two concerts in Paris, so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.

Well, If there is any better time to hit the U.S. market with an english song, that's RIGHT NOW.
As we have discussed before, her catchy songs are already about 5 years old.

Ben
07-14-2009, 12:12 AM
I know a lot of artists feel the French music industry is pretty poisonous right now. Alizée isn't the only big name to cancel concerts there (e.g. Lorie).
So even if she is going to try winning back some fans at home, I wouldn't say that rules out something in English and/or a stab at other markets.

Scruffydog777
07-14-2009, 12:37 AM
Well, If there is any better time to hit the U.S. market with an english song, that's RIGHT NOW.
As we have discussed before, her catchy songs are already about 5 years old.

Hey Edgar,

I've heard in this thread and other related ones the fact that her better songs are getting old. This really "shouldn't" be an obstacle. The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.

When I first heard Moi Lolita, it was already over 7 years old. I could not have cared less. I don't know how many times I played that song over and over again on the first day that I heard it. Far more than any other song I've ever heard and JAM was a close second.

Her songs are timeless. They aren't dated by the type of music or by the story they tell like lets say a song about the Vietnam war would be, so the age of her songs "shouldn't" be a factor.

But unfortunately it is, in the narrow minds of the people we need to try and spread the word of Alizée, the dj's, the producers, what have you.

Hopefully this new album will have some good songs on it that if are not in English, she will soon follow up with English versions that we can package in with the old (?) stuff.

edgar93
07-14-2009, 12:52 AM
Hey Edgar,

The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.

Her songs are timeless. They aren't dated by the type of music or by the story they tell like lets say a song about the Vietnam war would be, so the age of her songs "shouldn't" be a factor.

But unfortunately it is, in the narrow minds of the people we need to try and spread the word of Alizée, the dj's, the producers, what have you.

That's exactly what I think. The very first time I heard JEAM I didn't know it was 4 years old, I found the music very catchy and it hooked me up. But the thing is that I'm not really into music, so not everyone thinks like me, or has such an open mind to new music. There is where I get to the conclusion that we the Alizee fans are very especial people :).

In my opinion, once you get hooked it doesn't matter if her better songs are getting older, because you already know the beauty of the songs and Alizee. There is where we have problems when spreading the word, because most of the people out there doesn't give a chance to Alizée. (not that they have to).

Im hoping for catchy songs that can satisfy the general public, and deep lyrics that can satisfy myself :).

Future Raptor Ace
07-14-2009, 01:31 AM
Are the chances of her coming her still very low? or have they gotten higher, cause ive never been to a concert, and i'd LOVE for this to be first one.
In my opinion.... like the last album its a coin toss; lets just hope we get lucky this time!

wasabi622
07-14-2009, 01:52 PM
In my opinion.... like the last album its a coin toss; lets just hope we get lucky this time!

hopefully an educated coin toss! :p
i mean, psy was a "experimental album" so im gonna guess they have a better handle on what the fans want.

Srbski-kralj
07-14-2009, 06:18 PM
hopefully an educated coin toss! :p
i mean, psy was a "experimental album" so im gonna guess they have a better handle on what the fans want.

even if It was en experimental album, psyc is till my favorite Album. And I agree with you Edgar and Puffy when I heard her songs for the first time i didnt care it was couple years old, and I still dont, I still have only here songs from all her 3 albums in my MP3 player and that is all i listen to at work and in my car. In my car I burned a cd at home with my favorite songs from all 3 cd's and thats what i been blasting in my car.

wasabi622
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
omg, the first time i found out about her, the only songs i knew were Moi...Lolita, JEAM and La Isla Bonita.. i had those 3 songs on loop all the FRIGGEN TIME! so the 3.5 hour ride back and forth from college to home? those 3 songs, over and over and over and over and over again.

Srbski-kralj
07-14-2009, 06:24 PM
omg, the first time i found out about her, the only songs i knew were Moi...Lolita, JEAM and La Isla Bonita.. i had those 3 songs on loop all the FRIGGEN TIME! so the 3.5 hour ride back and forth from college to home? those 3 songs, over and over and over and over and over again.

ahaha same here, with almost almost all those songs.

TheBarrett
07-14-2009, 06:25 PM

That's nothing.
I once played a song for the entire day on "Repeat One" :D
It was some indigenous Erhu and Pipa player duo that I just could not get enough of. :eek:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
so I'd be surprised if any of the new songs are in English.

I wouldn't

I've heard in this thread and other related ones the fact that her better songs are getting old. This really "shouldn't" be an obstacle. The thing that matters most is that many people who we are trying to spread the news to in this country would be hearing her for the first time.

the thing is you will never see them in concerts anymore and if you do it won't be in the same style

wasabi622
07-15-2009, 02:31 AM
after thinking about it, i don't think that the fact that her songs are "old" should be a problem.

like most people, i had no idea how old her songs were when i was converted.
i was just like "hell, she's gorgeous, knows how to use her body, and is freaking adorable!"

sure, the old ones were amazing, but the new ones are growing on me too.

super5
07-15-2009, 02:08 PM
haha ive been gone child! Brain storm, okay i'll drug her with some sleeping pills and then we can take her here... ohh wait thats illegal.... and wrong... Hmmm out of ideas! :P

puffyrock2
07-15-2009, 03:14 PM

Same here, during some periods of my life an album connects with me. "Psychedelices" is my soundtrack to my Freshman year of college. That album will always be connected with that, and i don't mind it one bit.

ALS
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
With the world economy in toilet I don't see Alizée venturing too far from France other than Mexico for any concerts. They are very expensive and labor intensive to prepare for. If the money isn't there to recoup your expenses it's better to wait out economy. She can do TV, and radio appearances and spend time promoting herself and her new Cd's through the Internet until things turn around.

Srbski-kralj
07-15-2009, 10:11 PM
i have seen this video on youtube how she started and all that, and how Mailine or how ever u spell her name is that about Alizee music promoting is that they made a big mystery, I belive taht Alizee is trying to go that route.

wasabi622
07-15-2009, 11:58 PM
With the world economy in toilet I don't see Alizée venturing too far from France other than Mexico for any concerts. They are very expensive and labor intensive to prepare for. If the money isn't there to recoup your expenses it's better to wait out economy. She can do TV, and radio appearances and spend time promoting herself and her new Cd's through the Internet until things turn around.

if she needs a cheap place to stay, my dorm is available! i'll kick my roommates out, and i'll even share my meal plan with her. :D

ALS
07-17-2009, 07:32 PM
I ran across this and even other bands are having a tough time making a buck with this world economy.

NKOTB had to cancel their tour in Australia due to the recession. Donnie Wahlberg said, “We are, in fact, in the middle of a worldwide recession and we just cannot make it work.”

http://s-ec-sm.buzzfeed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2009/7/16/17/enhanced-buzz-10153-1247778965-15.jpg

NKOTB- New Kids On The Block

wasabi622
07-23-2009, 01:33 PM
im sure Jesu-.. i mean, Obama can fix things up in a jiffy.

he is the chosen one after all. :p

C-4
01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I callled and emailed the local radio stations and offered to bring by all of Alizée's CD's so that they could listen too and choose the song or songs they might consider playing. The local stations appear to be tied to a larger radio group and take their orders from higher up executives at the corporate HQ.

One thought might be to go to the local spanish-speaking stations, where they might have more leeway in choosing the music to play. Also, by telling these spanish stations that Alizée is already popular in Mexico, they might be open to playing her music. Just a thought

Karlalizee
01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
c-4, instead of commercial radio stations, you might want to try college stations. they are more open and are not tied down to corporate businesses. also, you could try some sort of fundraiser and see how much it would take to bring her here for a concert.