PDA

View Full Version : I Need Everyone's Help!!! Alizée Birthday Song

lefty12357
07-15-2009, 09:54 PM
Ok, here’s the deal. This idea popped into my head and the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to try it. But I really need help from my fellow Alizée fans to do it. This is a project separate from the Alizée Birthday Contest, so participating in this endeavor will not exclude you from the contest, which I hope will get a big turnout. All members of this site are welcome to participate.

In order to achieve this goal I would like to get a minimum of 10, possibly up to 20 participants. It involves singing a simple 3 line part. Now don’t stop reading yet! My intent is to combine all of the voices into one big AAm chorus. Only I will hear the individual voices, so no one has to worry about being embarrassed in front of everybody. No one else will hear the voices until they are combined together. No great singing skill is required, only the ability to carry a simple 4 note tune. Once I combine the voices, I will use them in the last 2 choruses of a song I am working on. The biggest problem is how to get all your voices recorded.

I will provide a small MP3 file for download of me singing the part, along with a few backing instruments to keep pitch and time. The lyrics and melody are simple, just these words, “Joyeux Anniversaire / Alizée we celebrate / Joyeux Anniversaire”. Ben has already done it and it worked out really well. You can download my file here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1yu0nmhe1

Here are some methods you can use to make your recording

N°1

If you have recording equipment or software that has tracking ability, download my file and import it into a track.
Record your voice singing along onto another track.
Export just your vocal track into an MP3 file and send it back to me.

N°2
Ben’s Method that he used (with a few excellent suggestions):

-Download and install the free goldwave software at www.goldwave.com
-Go into recording properties in the windows volume control. Set the mic volume and make sure all other recording options like stereo mix are unchecked.
-Here's the most important part: plug a pair of headphones into your computer, and try to get rid of any background noise in the room (turn off AC, etc.)!
-Start goldwave with a "CD quality" mono track and hit record. Hit play on the sample mp3 and sing along.
-Make sure the volume monitors in goldwave aren't hitting the red. Go back and reduce the volume in step 2 if they are.

N°3

Download my file and burn it onto a CD or upload it into an ipod. You will need to listen to it play back into headphones.
While doing so, sing along with it and record your voice on your computer. You can slide one side of your headphones off to uncover one ear to better hear your own voice.
Save your recording as an MP3 and send it back to me.

Hopefully we will get both male and female participants which I think will sound better.

This could be really cool, it could be mediocre, or it could be an epic fail. We won’t know though, if we don’t try.
Remember, this is for Alizée’s birthday, so it’s the thought that counts. I’d like to have everyone’s recordings to me before the end of the month. There is still a lot for me to do to finish the project.

Please PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks, everyone, and I hope you will participate in this little project to wish Alizée a Joyeux Anniversaire. I will keep track of everyone that participated and post the song here when it’s finished.

Some final notes on recording your file

If you have the ability to add effects to your recording, don’t do it. It will severely limit my ability later on to fix anything or mix all the voices together properly.
It’s also important to keep the sound of my file (or other noises for that matter) from leaking onto your recording as much as possible.
Try not to record it too loud because I can’t fix it if it is all distorted. However, make sure you sing with some enthusiasm (but no shouting). Back away from the mic if you need to. If everyone sounds soft and timid, it will end up sounding like a bunch of people singing soft and timid.
This is intended to sound like a group of people singing together in celebration of Alizée’s birthday.

I can take mono or stereo files, WAV or MP3. I think for this project, MP3 encoded at between 128 and 256 should be fine. They are also smaller for faster download.

If the part is too high for you, sing an octave lower. If it’s too low, sing an octave higher. Remember, try to match the pitch and timing of my voice, but don’t get overly anal about it. Some variation is a good thing.

You can upload your recording somewhere like Mediafire and PM me the link.

Thanks again!

Ben
07-16-2009, 01:04 AM
N°2
Ben’s Method that he used (with a few excellent suggestions):

-Download and install the free goldwave software at www.goldwave.com
-Go into recording properties in the windows volume control. Set the mic volume and make sure all other recording options like stereo mix are unchecked.
-Here's the most important part: plug a pair of headphones into your computer, and try to get rid of any background noise in the room (turn off AC, etc.)!
-Start goldwave with a "CD quality" mono track and hit record. Hit play on the sample mp3 and sing along.
-Make sure the volume monitors in goldwave aren't hitting the red. Go back and reduce the volume in step 2 if they are.
Oh, forgot to mention that you'll need to download LAME (http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-libraries.php) in order to save an mp3 with Goldwave.

Hope this turns out really awesome, I plan on adding it to our frontpage (http://alizeeamerica.com) on August 21st if it does! :)

Tomtentp
07-16-2009, 11:14 AM
Deja vu!
I believe this has already been done for her last birthday over at LTUS, ofc that was the original birthday song in french, this is something else.

In case you don't know what I'm talking about:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If the part is too high for you, sing an octave lower. If it’s too low, sing an octave higher. Remember, try to match the pitch and timing of my voice, but don’t get overly anal about it. Some variation is a good thing.

Well yeah, normally I just can't sing but right now I'm having a cold aswell; you can forget that 2nd part right away :p

Think you should lower it and make it humanly possible to sing for everyone and then just boost it up again with pitch correction.
Just my 2 öre.

Good luck with the project, big fan of yours ;)

lefty12357
07-27-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought I would bump this thread to remind everyone that I am still looking for more people to participate in this project.

If you are in doubt, think of it this way - imagine you’re in a room with a dozen people or so, all of which are Alizée fans. It’s Alizée’s birthday and she is in the room with all of you. Someone says, “Let’s sing happy birthday to Alizée!” Are you going to stand there silent or are you going to sing along with everyone else? That’s what I’m asking you to do here.

Granted, Alizée will not be in the room with us, but she may very well get to hear this song when it’s done. We Americans are always talking about getting Alizée to come to the USA. We have seen all the hard work the Mexicans have done. The French are planning something for Alizée’s birthday as well. We have an opportunity with this song project and the Alizée Birthday Contest (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4843) to do something in honor of Alizée, but it also gives us an opportunity to draw some attention to this site and her American fans, as well as international fans that are members here. As things stand now, I don’t think we are on anyone’s radar. I would like to see that change.

This is just a small start, but there very well may be many opportunities in the future to “stand up and be counted” when it comes to promoting Alizée in the USA. I am hoping that this little project will demonstrate that we have the ability to get things done and make things happen. So I hope more of you will consider participating. Time is running out, so I would like to get everyone's recordings sometime before August 7...:)

CFHollister
07-27-2009, 03:20 PM
I'll see what I can do... but singing really isn't my thing. I kinda stopped singing when I was in junior high school when I decided I wasn't any good at it. Ironically, it's been Alizée (first) and the other French artists that have gotten me to sing along with their songs... but I generally only do that in the car where no one can hear me.

BlackAnthem
07-27-2009, 03:22 PM
That video was...we need better singers. I mean that was good considering I don't know what it means...

user472884
07-27-2009, 05:16 PM
that video.......... eek.........

everybody who is contributing needs to sing in the exact tempo as the sample track.
---------------------

btw, "Joyeux" is pronounced like that? like "jw-ah-you"? It would help me immensely on my project because I am writing french lyrics and I have no idea how to pronounce them

BlackAnthem
07-27-2009, 05:35 PM
What if I just sang it in English...wait. I have Audacity, in which I have been working on Alizee/Coldplay thing trying to make it my own. If you all want you could try to fix the audio in the video with it. I would do it but I am still fairly new to the program. If you are interested I will have it on YouTube later into the month. (Effects, they are buggers aren't they.)

Sitting by the bay
07-27-2009, 06:06 PM
Good idea Lefty! I actually had a similar inspiration, but figured the logistics would be hell, so decided to keep it under my hat.

I thought it would be cool if we members of AA did a video montage birthday wish. Those who wish to participate could shoot a short video, 5 seconds or so, standing in front of the most prominent landmark on their respective area. For instance, me standing in front of the golden gate bridge wishing her a happy b-day. Then compile them all and set it to some nice music.

When and if she would ever see it, I thought it would be a cool way to show her some U.S. love and to peak her interest in the U.S., especially with the visuals of all the famous landmarks.

BlackAnthem
07-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Sitting by the Bay has a good idea. I vote S.B.T.B.!

CFHollister
07-27-2009, 08:42 PM
Good idea Lefty! I actually had a similar inspiration, but figured the logistics would be hell, so decided to keep it under my hat.

I thought it would be cool if we members of AA did a video montage birthday wish. Those who wish to participate could shoot a short video, 5 seconds or so, standing in front of the most prominent landmark on their respective area. For instance, me standing in front of the golden gate bridge wishing her a happy b-day. Then compile them all and set it to some nice music.

When and if she would ever see it, I thought it would be a cool way to show her some U.S. love and to peak her interest in the U.S., especially with the visuals of all the famous landmarks.

Yeah, this is a fantastic idea:cool: Perhaps if in your video you can make an Alizée sign, possibly actually including a birthday message (a few words at most).

The other thing is that these two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. A the music track to such a video montage could be what lefty is able to put together. Just a thought.

lefty12357
07-27-2009, 08:54 PM
Well, to be honest, that's one of the reasons I wanted to get everyone's recordings in to me a few weeks before Alizée's birthday. I will probably need up to a week for myself to put the finishing touches on it and mix it down. I figured if the song was video-worthy and someone wanted to do it, there would still be some time left to do so. All the more reason for people to get their recordings to me soon.

Srbski-kralj
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I'll see what I can do... but singing really isn't my thing. I kinda stopped singing when I was in junior high school when I decided I wasn't any good at it. Ironically, it's been Alizée (first) and the other French artists that have gotten me to sing along with their songs... but I generally only do that in the car where no one can hear me.

yeah man i stoped singing in highschool, the only time i try to sing is when Im alone in the car or something like that lol. i would be to embarassed if anyone else see me sing or dance ahahah lol.

Tomtentp
07-28-2009, 10:50 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/miHrMbv1Mfw&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Are you guys talking about this video?
First off this was made a year ago and has nothing to do with Lefty's project.

That project went alittle like this one, the author posting about his idea, ~12 ppl stating that they gladly would participate, then the time ran out.

So in the last second any person with a computer had to chip in using whatever they had as mics (some even used headphones), resulting in horrible sound qualities.

This is probably what's gonna happen here aswell unless people make an effort and help out. Otherwise it's gonna be just me and Ben singing and you'r sure as hell gonna know which one is me :)

Good example with the crowded room Lefty, that's exactly the psychological barrier you need to overcome here. You just need to think away that you'r alone in the room with your lousy singing voice (speaking for myself here) and everyone can hear you, cus if everyone help out that won't be the case.
Everything will blend into this wonderous symphonic chorus and Alizée will fall into tears and take the next priv. jet to thank us personally, right Lefty? ;)

Sitting by the bay
07-28-2009, 02:50 PM
Yeah, this is a fantastic idea:cool: Perhaps if in your video you can make an Alizée sign, possibly actually including a birthday message (a few words at most).

The other thing is that these two ideas aren't mutually exclusive. A the music track to such a video montage could be what lefty is able to put together. Just a thought.

Hey, do we think we should give this a go? Lefty's music over some nice pictures! Or will it be a logistical nightmare?

It could be like those "Where the Hell is Matt" videos, meets, AA wishing Lili a Happy B-Day video. (Just no dancing....unless you can absolutely nail the JEAM dance:))

We would have to set some parameters such as video length, speaking or no speaking with just signs. I don't know how long the song will be, but that would kind of dictate how long each clip can be.

mavsluver41
07-28-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't have anything to add. I just wanted to say that this is a fantastic idea :).

lefty12357
07-28-2009, 09:21 PM
The song is clocking in at about 4:10 in length and is completely written and recorded except for the parts I'm hoping to get from you guys. The only way for me to do it was to have everything done and ready for the final additions, otherwise I'd never get it completed in time. So I had to lock it in to what it is now.

There is singing pretty much throughout the song, so you would have to probably avoid speaking during most or all of the song and just stick to pictures and/or video footage. However, speaking could be done before and/or after.

Right now I'm mainly concerned with getting people to participate in the singing so I can finish it. The level of participation may very well determine whether this song ever sees the light of day or not.

The more we discuss video possibilities, the more urgency I feel to get this done so there is enough time left for video work.
I don't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. But I'd love to get the horse out there as soon as possible so someone has the time and opportunity to hook a cart up to it, if they so choose...:)

By the way, Mavs, it's nice to see you around again...:D

CFHollister
07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Well, I might be able to get a submission for the singing in this weekend... but we'll see (also I wouldn't be surprised if my singing is unusable :o). I'm gonna be in Seattle for a day or two helping a friend move; I'd like to get a few seconds of video around the Space Needle, but as this is a work trip, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out in that direction. I'm hoping to participate, but it'll be several days to a week, at least.

lefty12357
07-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Well, I might be able to get a submission for the singing in this weekend... but we'll see (also I wouldn't be surprised if my singing is unusable :o). I'm gonna be in Seattle for a day or two helping a friend move; I'd like to get a few seconds of video around the Space Needle, but as this is a work trip, I'm not sure I'll be able to make it out in that direction. I'm hoping to participate, but it'll be several days to a week, at least.

Thanks, whatever you can do will be much appreciated. Don't worry about "unusable". A little "studio magic" can fix many things, especially in a chorus of voices where no single voice will stand out.

user472884
07-29-2009, 05:27 AM
im REALLY tired right now but tomorrow I'll send you my piece.

How many people were you expecting to get?

Sitting by the bay
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
The more we discuss video possibilities, the more urgency I feel to get this done so there is enough time left for video work.
I don't want to put the cart before the horse, so to speak. But I'd love to get the horse out there as soon as possible so someone has the time and opportunity to hook a cart up to it, if they so choose...:)

Totally agree. No use worrying about a video if we do not have a song. First things first.

People who might want to participate in the video portions should have their clip ready to go though, in the event we can pull off a video.

I also agree with the no speaking over the singing. So I think we should just stick to signage to get your birthday message out.

Srbski-kralj
07-29-2009, 10:33 PM
defenetly when you guys prduce the video, I would like to hear it finished. i think that this is a great idea that you guys are doing. Keep it up and good luck :).

lefty12357
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
im REALLY tired right now but tomorrow I'll send you my piece.

How many people were you expecting to get?

Sorry, Jalen. I didn’t notice your question until now. I was hoping to get somewhere between 10 and 20 people. But I actually had no idea how many to expect to get. It’s a tricky thing.

On the one hand, many have not been too shy to speak on podcasts which can go all over the world and each individual voice is heard. But singing seems to be different, even singing in a group can sometimes be hard for some people. Then there are brave souls like Roman who sang a cappella for the whole world to hear (and he did a fine job I might add, and I thoroughly enjoyed it). And of course there are always procrastinators who may be willing to participate, but just never get around to doing it. So I really have no idea how many to expect. Hopefully there will be enough participants and this will be a success, but we’re definitely not there yet.

It makes me appreciate the courage of our angel Alizée, when she was just 15, to step on that stage and sing for the world. Hopefully, in a small way, we can return the favor, at least to some extent.

lefty12357
08-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Well folks, the deadline has passed for participating in this little project. Not counting Ben and me, the number of participants is zero.:( I was hoping this Alizée birthday project would do better than this, and along with the Birthday Contest, help to demonstrate to the Alizée fan world that the American fans are for real. Right now I would say we are not really on anyone’s radar. If we hope to get Alizée to the USA someday, this will have to change.

In hopes of salvaging this project, I’m extending it to Aug. 14. After that, there is no more time. The audio file you need and instructions are in the first post of this thread. Further, here is a link to the song in its current form so you can hear what it is we are working on.

http://www.mediafire.com/?nl2mjdyjozh

So far, it’s just Ben and I in the chorus. We need more people to fill it out. I realize that for some of you, singing is not your thing. But I think many of you are capable of doing this.

The French site www.Psychalizee.net is working on a project they are going to hand-deliver to Alizée. I can’t guarantee it, but if we could finish this project, maybe we could ask them to include a CD of it in their gift. Imagine Alizée seeing it with AlizeeUSA.com printed on it and listening to a bunch of us singing a birthday wish to her. It just might be possible, but not without a completed song. So please give this thing a shot. Let’s show everyone that we’re not just a bunch of benchwarmers here.:) Let’s get into the game.:D

Ruroshen
08-10-2009, 01:07 AM
OK...but remember, you asked for it:

Me singing rather poorly in a lower key (http://www.mediafire.com/?mlmykjbfzmz)
Me singing in a higher key, also quite poorly (http://www.mediafire.com/?4mmin1z4zun)

I post these publicly to effectively lower the bar for everybody else. No matter how bad you think you sound, you cannot possibly sound as bad as me. Mock me as you will. But I still participated. ;)

Man up, ladies. This is the single most important bit of karaoke you'll do in your lifetime. :p

Ben
08-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Very cool Lefty! And I'm sure that's fine for this, Ruroshen - you can hardly hear me in the sample.
C'mon everyone, let's do this. I'm sure Alizée will hear it (dunno if that motivates or intimidates more, but heh...)! :)

Toc De Mac
08-10-2009, 08:03 AM
I'll try and record my submission by the end of today (though that might depend; I need to wait for everyone to leave the house :D).

FireCanine
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Hey I'll be in the song! I have recording equipment, all I need is to learn the lyrics. Where do I send you the file, when I finish recording?

lefty12357
08-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks, everyone for helping out and getting behind this project! :D We need as many participants as we can get, so get your recordings done and to me as soon as possible.

Ruro, it sounds great ! As a matter of fact, I'll use both your versions, it's sort of like getting 2 performers for the price of one...:) I have to say, you are one brave man for posting your part in public !

Hey I'll be in the song! I have recording equipment, all I need is to learn the lyrics. Where do I send you the file, when I finish recording?

The best thing to do is upload your file (a good quality MP3 is fine) to www.mediafire.com, www.megaupload.com or a similar file hosting site and then PM me the download link. Make sure you read the first post of this thread. There are instructions and a sample file there to download, which you can sing along with. Don't use the full song posted above as a guide because it will make it hard for me to incorporate your part later.

And if anyone is in doubt as to whether their recording is OK, send it to me anyway. There are things I can do on my end to fix many problems.

Thanks again, everyone...:) And if you have any questions, post them here or PM me.

Edit: Here's the link to the sample file: http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1yu0nmhe1
Lyrics: “Joyeux Anniversaire / Alizée we celebrate / Joyeux Anniversaire”.

FireCanine
08-11-2009, 02:18 AM
ok I sent in my singing part :)

Ruroshen
08-11-2009, 02:56 AM
Ruro, it sounds great ! As a matter of fact, I'll use both your versions, it's sort of like getting 2 performers for the price of one...:) I have to say, you are one brave man for posting your part in public !

Heh, no problem! I also do a pretty mean impression of Kermit the Frog if you think it'll help. ('It Ain't Easy Bein' Green' always brings the house down at karaoke!) ;)

And speaking of posting it publicly...fifteen of you have gone to the trouble of downloading my godawful rendition! Fifteen! You are now fifteen people who should have absolutely no doubt in your ability to sing better than me! So what on Earth are you waiting for?! :p:p:p

Fyrel
08-11-2009, 06:00 AM
Ok, I gotta admit, one of them was me. :p

I'm still a little unclear on exactly what to sing though.....could you create a recording of exactly what we have to sing?

lefty12357
08-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Ok, I gotta admit, one of them was me. :p

I'm still a little unclear on exactly what to sing though.....could you create a recording of exactly what we have to sing?

This download link is the recording of exactly what you need to sing: http://www.mediafire.com/?kn1yu0nmhe1

Please go to the first post in this thread here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4947 and read the first 2 posts. They contain the instructions of what to do. If you have any more questions you can PM me.

By the way, great job, FireCanine ! Thanks for the recording:)

Toc De Mac
08-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Submitted my recording for the project! :)

Come on guys, let's really get this thing going. Let's make ourselves known with a gift for the woman herself. Allez, hop!

FireCanine
08-11-2009, 07:24 PM
By the way, great job, FireCanine ! Thanks for the recording:)

No problem :D

lefty12357
08-11-2009, 07:35 PM
I just finished adding FireCanine and Toc De Mac to the mix. It's beginning to come together now. We still need more voices to really thicken it up, so don't hesitate to participate, if you haven't already.

Sitting by the bay
08-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Lefty,
So do you think we are going to set your song to a video/picture montage? Or are we just going to drop a mp3 on her? I actually took a great pic under the golden gate last weekend (sorta like my avitar) that can be my B-Day message

lefty12357
08-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Lefty,
So do you think we are going to set your song to a video/picture montage? Or are we just going to drop a mp3 on her? I actually took a great pic under the golden gate last weekend (sorta like my avitar) that can be my B-Day message

My intent was that through the involvement of the members of this site, this song would become a product and creation of this site and its members. Once I get all the voices in and the song mixed down, I consider my part done and any control I have over it ended.

I think a video would be cool, but I don't consider it my decision. I think Ben should be consulted, but I think those here who are interested can help figure out what to do next and offer opinions. But there's no time left for lengthy deliberations, so I think someone should act soon if there is to be a video.

The version I posted a few posts up could be used in a pinch to get the layout of the video. The audio can then be swapped out later when the final mix is done.

Tomtentp
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Damn I feel like an idiot for not having posted my recording yet. I post it in public aswell so you guys can get a good laugh and then most probably do it better :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=8149513135996a6875a4fc82078ae6c840f7a5b3 7af084acc95965eaa7bc68bc

Good luck everyone and to you Lefty, awesome to see how you refuse to give up on this. Gotta jet off to the airplane now, going to Turkey for a weeks vacation :cool:

Ciao Bella!

TheBarrett
08-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Would send one in to you Lefto, but all I have is a black metal mic.
(Which is slang for the cheapest and most horrible quality recording tool in the world) :p

Ruroshen
08-12-2009, 01:57 AM
(Which is slang for the cheapest and most horrible quality recording tool in the world) :p

Weak sauce, dude. We're talking about Lefty, here. He's like an audio Gandalf. He made Alizée sing the blues, man.

So record it anyway, dammit! If Lefty can clean it up and use it, he will...if he can't, he won't! (But trust me, he'll find a way...;))

Ben
08-12-2009, 02:05 AM
He's like an audio Gandalf.
Lol, nice description! :p

Glad to see submissions rolling in! :)

lefty12357
08-12-2009, 04:27 PM

Hey Barrett, please do a recording anyway. I'd love to have you be a part of this.

My biggest concern (other than the possibility of getting no participants) was the quality of recordings due to equipment issues. So far it's worked out better than I thought it would, even though there have been some real problems. So like I said, please send me a recording and I'll do the best I can to make it work.

We're talking about Lefty, here. He's like an audio Gandalf.

That's very nice of you to say Ruro, but actually there is no magic involved in what I'm doing, just a little work. The magic is in the fact that people from this community are getting together to create something for Alizée. Now that's real magic...:)

JEP
08-12-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi Lefty Sent In My Singing Part, My Buddy Acadieman Did A Singing Part Too. He Is A BIG ALIZEE Fan . Hope You Can Use Them. :p:p:p

lefty12357
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Lefty Sent In My Singing Part, My Buddy Acadieman Did A Singing Part Too. He Is A BIG ALIZEE Fan . Hope You Can Use Them. :p:p:p

I got Tomtentp's and your parts mixed in tonight. Thanks for getting involved with this project. I appreciate everyone's help. So far, so good ! :)

lefty12357
08-15-2009, 11:43 AM
The deadline for this project is now passed and I have made the final mix-down of the song and passed it on to Ben. A huge thank you to everyone who participated ! I think it turned out pretty good in the end, considering how we had to go about it...:D

FireCanine
08-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Ta chanson c'est très awesome! je peux entendre ma voix à la fin :P mind telling me what program you used? Also Is there anyway I can download the song it rocks!

Ben
08-20-2009, 06:43 PM
Aye, amazing job Lefty! Here's the download link:
http://alizeeamerica.com/birthday/JOYEUX_ANNIVERSAIRE_ALIZEE.mp3

lefty12357
08-20-2009, 06:58 PM
mind telling me what program you used?

Sonar 8, Producer's Edition. http://www.cakewalk.com/default.asp

Srbski-kralj
08-20-2009, 08:55 PM
great job Lefty and all who worked on the songs.

Toc De Mac
08-20-2009, 11:12 PM
Yeah, tonnnnns of kudos to lefty for this song.

Sounds amazingly professional. :cool:

Ruroshen
08-21-2009, 02:08 AM
I am completely blown away by how amazing this sounds! I am so totally putting "Member, AlizéeUSA Singers" on my resumé based on the strength of this... :p

Seriously though...incredible job, Lefty! Thanks so much for all the hard work and effort that went into it.

CFHollister
08-21-2009, 06:16 AM
I'm sorry I din't actually get in on this. I never found the time to download and install the software I needed to record and a good block of time to practice and record... Next year! ;)

Jenny_HRO87
08-21-2009, 12:59 PM
I have problems to play your song... I see the players but it doesn't work :(

Ben
08-21-2009, 08:15 PM
I have problems to play your song... I see the players but it doesn't work :(
Try it now, HRO?

Chommpers
08-21-2009, 10:02 PM
Well it work's with Safari now, last time I had to load the songs using Firefox.

Ben
08-22-2009, 12:15 AM
Well it work's with Safari now, last time I had to load the songs using Firefox.
Thanks, good to know!

Jenny_HRO87
08-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Try it now, HRO?

works fine now! merci!

Fyrel
08-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Ah, karma's a bitch. I so wish I did this now. I either kept forgetting or became really shy when I did remember. But oh man it sounds amazing. I particularly like the "Everybody!" at the beginning before everybody sings, that just made the whole thing. Great job!

lapinschous
06-21-2013, 05:46 PM
Jaw.. Dropped :omg: O.O Keep making more! Do you have a recording studio or something?

I couldn't understand all the lyrics since I'm not used to the american accent, so If you could send me the lyrics I will happily make a french translation!

Again, I would feel really honored if we could work together in making a video birthday gift for this august!!

Fall
06-21-2013, 11:50 PM
I don't know if Lefty has sent you the lyrics yet or not, but by listening to it, this is what I got:

Starting at 0:50
Twenty-five, years ago
In a far off place, called Ajaccio
The angels smiled, upon the earth
The day that you were born
With dedication, and a heart of gold
You headed down, your chosen road
You sang, you danced,
And you learned your craft
Til the world became your stage

Joyeux anniversaire
Alizée we celebrate
Joyeux anniversaire
We celebrate your life

We honor you, on this special day
You mean so much, in so many ways
And though we are spread, all across the world
Our hearts are with you today
So here's to joy, here's to success
Here's to love, and happiness
Here's to all sweet memories
That you bestowed on us

Joyeux anniversaire
Alizée we celebrate
Joyeux anniversaire
We celebrate your life

(Alizée) Everybody!

(AAm Chorus 2x)
Joyeux anniversaire
Alizée we celebrate
Joyeux anniversaire
We celebrate your life

Lefty if I've made any mistakes, or missed anything, please do correct me :o
Gosh, I really wish I had taken part in this now. You made the thread the day before I joined the forum!

lapinschous
06-22-2013, 01:47 AM
Yup he sent them to me, but thanks Fall ! ;) ;)

Sagittarius
06-26-2013, 07:25 PM
Only today I saw this topic but I've heard this song a long time ago but I did not know that it's your job. Sounds like a few professional singers sang. You really did a good job. We can something do and for the next year we must do something (30)

Fall
06-26-2013, 11:50 PM
Only today I saw this topic but I've heard this song a long time ago but I did not know that it's your job. Sounds like a few professional singers sang. You really did a good job. We can something do and for the next year we must do something (30)

I agree, it would be great to have a birthday gift for her, now that she communicates with fans on an almost daily basis on Twitter and Instagram, we would also be likely to get a response :)
It would be a nice way to thank her for the autographs

Nino
06-27-2013, 01:40 PM
It would be a nice way to thank her for the autographs
Yes. I wonder if she realizes how far and wide in the world her autographs have reached and how much joy they have brought to people who can only dream of meeting her. She is very kind and nice to her fans and we need to do something like this again and remind her about how much her fans value her for everything she has done.

Fall
06-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Yes. I wonder if she realizes how far and wide in the world her autographs have reached and how much joy they have brought to people who can only dream of meeting her. She is very kind and nice to her fans and we need to do something like this again and remind her about how much her fans value her for everything she has done.

Yup! But you, Sagittarius and I seem to be the only ones that are behind this idea right now, hehe :dontknow: