PDA

View Full Version : your current alizee addiction status

newalizeefan
10-04-2006, 04:48 AM
well i found out about alizee mid-july.
during most of july and august i was incredibly/highly/extremely obssesed with alizee. i would watch her videos every night for like 2 hours before i fell asleep, i would be on the AF forums or here every hour. id be listening to her music on my iPod 24/7. plus i was thinking of her 24/7

during september, it kinda toned down. i wasnt watching her videos much anymore. i would listen to her songs mostly when im at school or driving by myself but not as much when i am at home. but she was always on my mind 24/7 still.

im sad to say that my alizee addiction is decreasing. although i never looked forward to losing interest, i guess it just happened due to the incredibly low amounts of incoming news and rumors.
although i still listen to her songs everyday and visit the forums everyday. and of course shes still always on my mind. but its just not as instense anymore. but you can bet that once her new album/single comes out, i will go back to the way i used to be in july/august.
have you guys started to lose interest or is it just natural?

RMJ
10-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Sounds like you had just crush into her. It happens. There's plenty of people like have the same story.

Hope you still can enjoy the music and not give it up.

Some of us just goes day after day like nothing had changed. :) I'm equally crazy (if not crazier) about her as I was four years ago. Every moment I see or hear or think of her is wonderful ! I just couldn't live without her anymore ! And it gets better everyday ! She's so absolutely wonderful... and there's still so much to learn about her !

bt_bird_90
10-04-2006, 05:47 AM
There is no doubt about it, she still rules my thoughts every moment of the day, but I'm at ease with my addiction and perfectly content with all of the Alizée-exposure I have. I don't fantasize about being "with her" anymore, I just feel blessed that there is somebody out there so great and that I've had the opportunity to enjoy glimpses of her world. I'll never be over her, she has already done so much for me, but I can be happy that she can be happy.

C-4
10-04-2006, 07:45 AM
Being a professional musician, I listen to her songs constantly and watch her videos relentlessly without stopping.
No other group or singer has my attention at the moment nor has had my attention, except when I am called for a session or to play live.
There is no one here in America that I feel can touch her and as a result, I have become addicted to listening to European music and by far the most dominat person in that list is Alizée, without question.

She has the class, voice, style, look, the "X" Factor that no one else seems to have for me.
Stephen

vctralca
10-04-2006, 10:32 AM
Yeah usually u have this alizeemania that lasts 2 months, u know u watch everyday her videos, listen to her music, for me it was the same, i thought it was over when i stopped my alizee routine but now i think of her everytime, its just crazy, i cant get her out of my head but it is so good :o :D

RadioactiveMan
10-04-2006, 10:40 AM
I don't watch videos as often as I did during the summer, but I have less spare time now. I still play her music as often as ever (though again, I have less time to play music) and I still think of her all of the time.

nurvonic
10-04-2006, 01:31 PM
newalizeefan, you just described my exact alizee obssession status. however, ive been listening to my old favorites, like slipknot, LB, LP, Audioslave, Beck, Nirvana, Blink 182, Beach Boys(lol jk), Hoobastank, Lost Prophets, Johnny Cash(this time im serious), NIN, and i came to realize i really really really miss alizee's music. she is a breath of fresh air compared to all that hardcore stuff i listen to. So lately ive been listening to Alizee alot and watching more of her videos

RadioactiveMan
10-04-2006, 01:45 PM
I did the same, Nurvonic. I played Alizée hundreds and hundreds of times and then I downloaded about two dozen albums from other artists like Quiet Riot, Ratt, Skid Row, WASP, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, KISS, Black Label Society, and others. I played almost nothing except these new albums for a week and a half and then I played the Alizée En Concert CD that I got through a trade for her English songs. I love these live songs even more than the studio versions and it was absolutely great to play her regularly again. Now I'm back to a more reasonable mix between rock/metal and Alizée.

O Rly
10-04-2006, 02:12 PM
I'm not as hooked as i used to be, but i'm not losing intrest in her in any way. It's pretty fun for me to hide my obsession from my family too :), it makes seeing Alizée again a much better feeling. I still mix in her music with other artists, if i want to listen to her pretty loud, though. I have her set as the background for my cell phone, so she's the first thing i see every day.
I think i'm actually getting more and more obsessed with her with each passing day, and i know for sure that i like it :D!

cane17
10-04-2006, 02:13 PM
My addiction has been going down for a bit,i don't find myself watching videos everyday like i used to but i do talk about her and listen to her music most of the time and my mix is also Rock and Alizée.

brad
10-04-2006, 02:48 PM
I am just as addicted as I ever was. I guess if you would rate how 'addicted' you are by how many hours per day you spend watching her videos / listening to her music, then I am not as addicted now .. But I don't look at it that way.

I never spent days on end watching videos anyway .. I like to listen to her music when I am working on something that I need to concentrate on .. and I like to fantasize about the day that I can see her singing in person.

Brad ♥ Alizee

NANAKI
10-04-2006, 05:05 PM
Whe I first heard her music that is all I did was look for info, and watch her music. Then I joined here and started to talk about her all the time took over the end of my summer and my nights. Now I don't watch videos as much because I don't have time. When I do it is on my ipod. I did take a break from her music for a while because after a ewhile if you listen to much of something for to long it just seems same old same old. So I like to switch it up and listen to my usual metal and rock for a week then I go back to Alizee so this is my week break. Also now I do listen to more European artists rather than American. Like right now Iron Maiden, and Bullet for My Valentine. Since I am seeing them live together on the 18 I have been listening to there music mainly because I am really excited. Also I am now ready Lolita which inspired her song. So my addiction is probably not as great but that is because I don't want to make her into a routine but something special. Of coursethough she is all I think about when I am not doing work at school or at home. I even think about her during work, on the way home, ny free time, and of course when I go to bed. Well that is my addiction status.

Bob
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
she was my summer, but now that school started, and i have to have a life again =P shes died down a bit, but i still usually fall asleep to her and visit this website often etc

newalizeefan
10-04-2006, 06:04 PM
yea, shes not out of my mind or anything like that. i still continue to think of her every passing minute. and i still listen to her songs everyday.. i just dont watch her videos everyday like i used to.
i guess my addiction isnt going down its just getting to a relaxed level. it will probably go back to a high level when she comes back.
to me she still is the most beautiful girl in the world and i dont regret discovering her because she made my summer better along with my life =)

funny, the movie "Amelie" just came on tv right now on IFC channel. ive already seen it but evertime i watch it i think of alizee.

Spartan500
10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
for me it is like how bob feels and I don't spend every second of everyday listening to her or watching her vids like i used to in the summer but I still end up writing about her or "accidently" singing or humming her music lol I know I'm a dork

Moe
10-04-2006, 07:13 PM
My status is still crazy and it gets better everyday

I'm just glad that alizee came into my life...and changed it :D

aditya8617
10-04-2006, 10:17 PM
My status I would say is casually crazy. For the first few weeks or so I was very intrested in knowing a lot about her but now there isn't much left and also there aren't any new videos so now she doesn't come in my thoughts that much. But my admiration for her has reamined the same and it will stay the same if not increase.

zemasterzzz
10-04-2006, 11:07 PM
well I'd have to say I'm pretty addicted, maybe not to the extent of some of you guys. But for me, I rarely spend too much time on one thing, except maybe games. I like all her songs, and I'd love to see her sing live. I've spent a few afternoons watching vids, when I probably shoulda been doing homework, and I listen to the remix streams quite a bit while I'm doing other things. So ya, for me this is pretty addicted.... and that Jeremy makes me so jealous,=P.

Sir Wood
10-05-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm not sure. Where would you classify listening to her albums on a daily basis? When doing homework, in the car during my commutes, at my work desk streaming... Fanatic?

"Must get my fixxxxx..."

zemasterzzz
10-05-2006, 01:30 AM
well u gotta be somewhat of a fanatic to join the forum I think. I'd say your on the more casual range of fanatic

AA-1
10-05-2006, 04:57 AM
to me she still is the most beautiful girl in the world
You have never seen me!:D

For me it's difficult to say about my addiction to her. I like watching her videos, listen her songs. It is no more. :)

RadioactiveMan
10-05-2006, 11:23 AM
You have never seen me!:D

http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=495
:p

AA-1
10-05-2006, 01:21 PM
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=495
:p
Okey...;) Maybe later.

General Patton
10-05-2006, 05:30 PM
My addiciton is almost dead...I haven't visited the forums for days. I forgot about her for sometime, and I rarely watch her videos....

newalizeefan
10-05-2006, 06:03 PM
maybe its natural to lose interest considering the lack of news.
but even if i did lose interest im pretty sure i would check on the forums every now and then and if her new single/album was out then id become incredibly addicted again.

rcs
10-05-2006, 09:38 PM
We'll have renewed interest once she appears in the media again. I still love this girl; it's just that I channel my appeal for her in other ways (i.e. forums, searching for news & pics). :p

spysmasher
10-05-2006, 09:54 PM
I just discovered Alizee a couple of months ago, and before long hers was the only music I was listening to. That's still the case today. Sometimes I remember other music I used to listen to and I think, "I should listen to that again." But everytime I go to put some music on ... it ends up being Alizee!

riva2model64
10-05-2006, 10:17 PM
I love Ali

she's my hero:)

newalizeefan
10-05-2006, 11:04 PM
I just discovered Alizee a couple of months ago, and before long hers was the only music I was listening to. That's still the case today. Sometimes I remember other music I used to listen to and I think, "I should listen to that again." But everytime I go to put some music on ... it ends up being Alizee!

yea. most of the music i used to listen to. (mainly rap/rnb/hiphop), i dont listen to it anymore unless im in the car with other people.
i only listen to alizee's music, and love songs that remind me of alizee.
i would love to tell my family/friends about alizee but theyd probably think that im weird listening to french songs.

spysmasher
10-05-2006, 11:51 PM
yea. most of the music i used to listen to. (mainly rap/rnb/hiphop), i dont listen to it anymore unless im in the car with other people.
i would love to tell my family/friends about alizee but theyd probably think that im weird listening to french songs.

Well, I don't have to worry about people thinking my musical taste is weird -- they think that already! I was big into Hindi/Punjabi music before I found Alizee. I still think that's great stuff, I just don't have time to listen to it these days because I'm always listening to Alizee!

pineapplejello
10-06-2006, 12:16 AM
during most of july and august i was incredibly/highly/extremely obssesed with alizee. i would watch her videos every night for like 2 hours before i fell asleep, i would be on the AF forums or here every hour. id be listening to her music on my iPod 24/7. plus i was thinking of her 24/7

during september, it kinda toned down. i wasnt watching her videos much anymore. i would listen to her songs mostly when im at school or driving by myself but not as much when i am at home. but she was always on my mind 24/7 still.

im sad to say that my alizee addiction is decreasing. although i never looked forward to losing interest, i guess it just happened due to the incredibly low amounts of incoming news and rumors.
although i still listen to her songs everyday and visit the forums everyday. and of course shes still always on my mind. but its just not as instense anymore. but you can bet that once her new album/single comes out, i will go back to the way i used to be in july/august.
have you guys started to lose interest or is it just natural?
>>
oK, I hear you loud and clear. However, we were promised a new CD by SEPTEMBER at the latest. Here iit is October 6 and no one has heard hide or hair of any new CD. No one has come forth with any credible info on Alizee , including herself. My addiction of course had been steadily going downhill, ever since she hooked with the Jeremy. I think she got pursuaded into marriage and having baby. I also think he had a lot to do with her dissapearance and lack of communication with her very loyal and faithful fans. I know ALZIEE reads these, as shes stated before.
She loves the INTERNET and Im sure she has feelings just as we do. Im sure she feels the pain of her fans that are completly bewildered and confused and just plain tired of false promises and waiting. Everyone said the wait is over: well guess what? Its not. It will be over when we see her new CD on AMAZON and VIRGIN RECORDS. Until then, believe nothing and if you can, keep the faith. I know in my heart if she had never met Jeremy, she would have kept her skyrocketing career going. I was lucky enough to have been at her last "official" concert on January 17, 2004.
Little did I know it would be a long long time till see and hear from her again. Many loyal fans have moved on or have given up all hope. Many of my French friends said the word in Paris is NEGATIVE. Most Parisians look at ALIZEE is someone who used to be very popular, but no one listens or cares about her now. The truth hurts, but the truth is, she has let down her loyal and caring fans much too long, with only a breif paragraph of hope back in March of '06 that apparantly meant nothing.
I have personally been in the entertainment business for 20 years and can usually smell rat when I see one. I think the rats name is Jeremy. Mark my words, this will soon come out.
My only hope, is she wakes up and smells the coffee, very soon, before all hope is lost in regrouping any of her previous , loyal and caring fan base. \Your comments please are wellcome

rwd716
10-06-2006, 01:49 AM
during most of july and august i was incredibly/highly/extremely obssesed with alizee. i would watch her videos every night for like 2 hours before i fell asleep, i would be on the AF forums or here every hour. plus i was thinking of her 24/7

Pretty much the same.

My video watching time has definately decreased, but I'm not the kind of person who watches the same video over and over anyway. I think that the initial "crush" is over, but I've matured into a real fan.

I still listen to her music everyday, but I try to mix it up. Sometimes I even tell myself that I can't listen to her music just for the sake of keeping it "fresh". I'd hate for her music to get as annoying as some of the overplayed top 40!

I could see me losing more interest though, if by, let's say,Feb. we don't hear anything new.

Pineapple has some good points. I really want her to come back, and the sooner, the better. She has a lot of fans, but the long breaks she takes kill her. I can only imagine how far she would have gone if she wouldn't have stopped.

Alizée had said that she wanted to get married young and have kids (O God, I hope that kid(SSSSSSSS) will wait!) In one hand it's what she wanted to do, but on the other, I wonder if she regrets it?

That actually puts stress on Jeremy--having to deal w/ the whole "you talked me into taking a break and having a kid even though it was my idea" argument. I'm sure she felt like she didn't have artistic freedom w/ MF, but she lost some of her backing w/o her. Just look at the alleged record label denying her alleged new cd.

The music business his a lot of "here and now," so obviously she seems like a "has been" to some, but I truely hope that she really has something to put out and maybe even try to branch out to other certain countries *cough*. It doesn't seem hopefull that she would come to the US if she isn't even that popular in France. However, that's as of right now. She may not be the popular thing, but she's still popular. If she turned out a decent cd (which I have no doubt it will be), her popularity will rebound. Enough to come to the US? Who knows?

The Russel Crowe movie offers some hope. At least it shows us/her/record labels that she is still marketable. Seeing the MTV clip were she flash's the ring shows that she's still alive, lol.

I don't know what I would've done if I had to wait years for her like some of you :( /:mad: I guess all we can do is wait longer and not get too suicidal in the process.

WOW, that's a spicy meata balla! :D

DJ_Greg
10-06-2006, 01:51 AM
However, we were promised a new CD by SEPTEMBER at the latest.

Nobody was "promised" anything.

Sir Wood
10-06-2006, 02:13 AM
>>
I think she got pursuaded into marriage and having baby.

I think I read that during that time there was the whole Jen/Max trend in Paris of marrying and having child young.

>>
Everyone said the wait is over: well guess what? Its not. It will be over when we see her new CD on AMAZON and VIRGIN RECORDS. Until then, believe nothing and if you can, keep the faith.

She still needs a label. I'd like to see her idol, Madonna, step in on this since she is a record producer (I think).

>>
Many loyal fans have moved on or have given up all hope. Many of my French friends said the word in Paris is NEGATIVE. Most Parisians look at ALIZEE is someone who used to be very popular, but no one listens or cares about her now.

She may have lost Parisian fans, but Lili still has a growing presence outside of Paris.
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=475

newalizeefan
10-06-2006, 04:07 AM
she has fans in the US so she still has a crowd. but i dunno with the parisian fans. she'll have to start over with them i guess.
i also agree that her long break does kill her. i mean come on, just record yourself for 10 seconds saying that you will come back so that the fans dont lose hope. i mean a letter is nice but it just brings up the question of "is it fake?". and with her almost NEVER being in the media or there NEVER being any official word of her, its hard to imagine a comeback. its just pulling fans away.
if i was her i would try to keep my fans from suffering. waiting is very torturous (spelling), ESPECIALLY if you dont know if your actually waiting for something, or if your waiting for nothing. ill put in my little expectation and say that if there is no type of official news on her album/single/comeback by feb. 07 then im guessing its a done deal and she will be retired from music. again, thats just my expectation and some people will agree with me and some wont. but thats 5 months from now and theres lots of time for good alizee news to happen in between now and next feb.

-oh and with my signature... i made that like a week afer lili's b-day. it seemed like news was popping up like crazy after her birthday, then it just stopped. so im guessing the delay isn't over, but im gonna try to keep myself optimistic.

Gatchaman
10-06-2006, 04:21 AM
I listen to her music pretty much daily on the way to work on my iPod. I'll also catch a video or two of Alizee when I'm on YouTube or here. If I really want to get my Alizee fix, I just fire up my PSP and watch her concert on it.

BlancZulu
10-06-2006, 02:51 PM
To tell the truth...

The first time i saw a picture of Ali - 2years ago - i could feel my heart slacking out of rithm - for the wrong reason actually... I could have sworn it was a picture of a girl i know!:eek: The most beautiful creature to ever strole on this earth!

I started a frantic search to unmask the picture...

Well, i found out who she was and started downloading pics and videos.
I fell in love with her music and can't wait for her ellusive album!

I'm still uncurebly addicted to everthing about her! Her smile is in the fore fronts of my mind eternally ...

... even though I change a few details to that of a girl i know ;) !!!

General Patton
10-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Yea...it has been a long time since her last appearence...but I really don't care how long it takes I will be waiting with patience.

General Patton
10-06-2006, 08:15 PM

I do the same newalizeefan. Everyone on the forums are the only ones who know my addiction. My friends like me are all Disturbed fans...and trying show them Alizee well....

Señor Villa
10-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I haven't heard her music in two months so I guess my interest is fading.

aditya8617
10-07-2006, 12:55 AM
This is a sad thread! We need a thread that will motivate everyone back to the addiction status.

newalizeefan
10-07-2006, 03:06 AM
This is a sad thread! We need a thread that will motivate everyone back to the addiction status.

yes. i just now noticed how sad this thread became.

rwd716
10-07-2006, 03:40 AM
A new shot from Alizée would help :(

aditya8617
10-07-2006, 03:51 AM
A new shot from Alizée would help :(

Just wait for it then you will get only shot-shot!:D Peraphs early next year.

garçoncanadien
10-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh let's cheer up people =)

If you look on this website,
http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/musique/francophone.php

and enter in the name of another French artist in the search box, and click ok, you will see that Alizée is not the only professional musician who has spent three years in between albums. Maybe she really is almost on the edge of releasing her 3rd album.

I stay patient and optimistic that she will come back not as just un petit Alizé (a little tradewind), but as un grand ouragan (big hurricane) =) =)

RMJ
10-07-2006, 01:23 PM
and enter in the name of another French artist in the search box, and click ok, you will see that Alizée is not the only professional musician who has spent three years in between albums.

Yup, for example Mylène, one of the most famous French singer, has released new album roughly every 4th year.

Only 6 studio album during her over 20 years of career. (Plus 3 live albums, and 3 compilation/remix albums.)

2 to 3 years is actually quite normal time between albums. And even longer gaps happens all the time. Perfection takes it's time. And that's what Lili is doing now. Have patient. She will release her album on this decade.

Matrix
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
My current addiction status? It's as strong as ever. Big fan of Alizee and have a need just about every day to listen to one of her songs and to hear someone speak French!

You gotta remember its the music of Laurent Boutenant, he is the one that created those catchy tunes, he is amazing! That can't be said enough. Of course Alizee sings the song, but the music belongs to Laurent. He is a genius!

Her voice, style, charisma, sexiness, the french language the entire French atmosphere of it all has kept me interested and entertained and educated me as well.

Im so fortunate to have discovered Alizee, it has opened my eyes to the French people and France in general really. Its been a fun ride and hope it continues.

DJ_Greg
10-07-2006, 07:54 PM
You gotta remember its the music of Laurent Boutenant, he is the one that created those catchy tunes, he is amazing! That can't be said enough. Of course Alizee sings the song, but the music belongs to Laurent. He is a genius!

Heh...you and I have VERY different opinion on Laurent Boutenant. But that's ok, I still like ya. :cool:

Matrix
10-08-2006, 09:36 PM
Well when you listen to a remix.. you are listening to Laurent Boutenant.. not Alizee!

think about it ;) I will reply to myself.... That is a good point

lol

rcs
10-09-2006, 02:49 AM
I miss Alizee. :( To get by until the new CD is released, I wake up to one random Lili song and go to bed to one random song. One video every now and then helps remind me why I love this girl and want to wait for her new material.

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 02:08 AM
Well when you listen to a remix.. you are listening to Laurent Boutenant.. not Alizee!

think about it ;) I will reply to myself.... That is a good point

lol

(I don't listen to the remixes...) ;)

rwd716
10-10-2006, 02:28 AM
(I don't listen to the remixes...) ;)

You mean you've never listened to them or you just don't like um? Cause I love most of em.

aditya8617
10-10-2006, 02:59 AM
I didn't like many of the remixes, I liked all of the originals though.

newalizeefan
10-10-2006, 04:03 AM
wow so i decided to watch some alizee videos again today... after like 1 month of not watching any.

i cant believe i even went a month not seeing any of her videos. shes just too damn beautiful to look at and now i regret taking that 1 month break from alizee videos.

eh i just watched my usual 5 favorite:
-ternucs JPVA compilation
-the "l'alize" music video
-la isla bonita
-any of the "jen ai marre" performances
-any of the "a contre courant" performance

yup, so i guess im back.

rwd716
10-10-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, she'll do that.

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 04:20 PM
You mean you've never listened to them or you just don't like um? Cause I love most of em.

I'm not really a club music fan, so I prefer the originals.

General Patton
10-10-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm not really a club music fan, so I prefer the originals.

You should really listen to them Greg there great! Just give them a try.

atra201
10-15-2006, 10:33 AM
well to for me sometimes my skin itches untill i see some of Alizee's videos
and sometimes i just watch them cause she's the only singer i'm interrested in I mean i listen to other artists but no one is like Alizee

it's more of a passion than an addiction

User22
11-26-2012, 03:27 AM
My addiction is slowly creeping in again, along with my 'bump' addiction.

Merci Alizée
11-26-2012, 04:03 AM
Stagnant at low level

Scruffydog777
11-26-2012, 05:36 AM
It seems to me that things in here are kind of at a low level and they need a pick me up. The postponement of the album has dulled the edges and dj appearences aren't enough to fill the bill, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Les Enfoires is in january and the new album is in march. You add in the possibility of concerts and I think 2013 has the potential of being a great year and the addiction level I think will be higher than it's been since 2004.

User22
11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
It seems to me that things in here are kind of at a low level and they need a pick me up. The postponement of the album has dulled the edges and dj appearences aren't enough to fill the bill, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Les Enfoires is in january and the new album is in march. You add in the possibility of concerts and I think 2013 has the potential of being a great year and the addiction level I think will be higher than it's been since 2004.

You just got me so stoked :D I've been burned out since ACDA, but you are right, there is so much next year and that doesn't even include...a christmas song, her wishing us a merry christmas, us getting to follow her holiday season, etc!

ALS
11-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Eight years this week and I'm just as fond of Alizée today, as I was in November 2004 when I first found her. :wub:

Merci Alizée
11-26-2012, 11:02 AM
Eight years this week and I'm just as fond of Alizée today, as I was in November 2004 when I first found her. :wub:

Really? Something must have changed over years?

ALS
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
OK, I hate the tattoos after tinker bell but still adore the woman.

Davedel
11-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Wow.. this thread brings up some old memories and old names. I've been lurking on this site for years.

I discovered Alizee in March of 2005 and like many people fell madly in love with her.. or at least her perceived persona. Nothing hurt me more than when I read an interview with her where she stated that it was "Only a role" and that she wasn't really like the image that Mylene had so carefully crafted. When asked if she kept anything from that era.. any costumes, etc, Alizee nonchalantly said, "No, just the gold records" and that it all belonged to the production anyway. All those beautiful clothes and costumes that I love so dearly, she didn't care about. Upon reading that my chest tightened (really) and I felt a "real" physical pain shoot through what felt like my heart. It felt as though I just heard my (and your) Alizee, the beautiful, sexy, sweet, innocent, girl we all fell for had just died. I actually had to go into the bathroom and vomited for about 5 minutes. Other than when my dog died, and when my mother died, that was the saddest moment in my life. Alizee had such a hold on me.

As for today.. I still have feelings for Alizee and probably will for the rest of my life, although, my feelings aren't as deep as they once were. The tattoos, the change of image, the change in her attitude, the overall change in Alizee's once great music has changed all that. But I do hope she finds joy and success in DJing, which seems to be the direction she's going.

User22
11-26-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow.. this thread brings up some old memories and old names. I've been lurking on this site for years.

I discovered Alizee in March of 2005 and like many people fell madly in love with her.. or at least her perceived persona. Nothing hurt me more than when I read an interview with her where she stated that it was "Only a role" and that she wasn't really like the image that Mylene had so carefully crafted. When asked if she kept anything from that era.. any costumes, etc, Alizee nonchalantly said, "No, just the gold records" and that it all belonged to the production anyway. All those beautiful clothes and costumes that I love so dearly, she didn't care about. Upon reading that my chest tightened (really) and I felt a "real" physical pain shoot through what felt like my heart. It felt as though I just heard my (and your) Alizee, the beautiful, sexy, sweet, innocent, girl we all fell for had just died. I actually had to go into the bathroom and vomited for about 5 minutes. Other than when my dog died, and when my mother died, that was the saddest moment in my life. Alizee had such a hold on me.

As for today.. I still have feelings for Alizee and probably will for the rest of my life, although, my feelings aren't as deep as they once were. The tattoos, the change of image, the change in her attitude, the overall change in Alizee's once great music has changed all that. But I do hope she finds joy and success in DJing, which seems to be the direction she's going.

Sorry to hear this Dave. It seems as though most fans that discovered her pre-Psych have the same feelings. She definitely is a complete 180 of what "she was" back in the early 2000s.

Aldighieri
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
Spending lot of €€€€ these days on Alizee music collectors stuff to fill this hole in my stomach.Lilli.. please, come back soon..

User22
11-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Spending lot of €€€€ these days on Alizee music collectors stuff to fill this hole in my stomach.Lilli.. please, come back soon..

I've got quite the collection that you may be interested in buying something from :) everything is in near-mint condition and never played by me! Most of it is still sealed haha.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7167

Scruffydog777
11-26-2012, 04:49 PM

You have to take into consideration when Mylene and Laurent came along she was only 15. The videos for the most part were roles they put her in. She did have some input into some of the songs, but still the finished product was largely an MF/LB creation and to hear she wasn't happy with certain aspects, whether it be the song, or the costume or the dance should not be that surprising. I think it's a tremendous credit to her that she did such a great job with every performance she did.

I think the main thing you have to consider is the person inside and though there is still a lot we don't know about her, we do know she is a pretty wonderful young woman. We see so much in hollywood when celebrities get into trouble or do something that reveals the real perosn inside, but that's just about never been the case with her.

I too was disappointed with some of those comments, but I realized she never tried to decieve us, she did what she was told to do by people she I'm sure had tremendous respect for and must have thought this is how it's done.
So you can't blame her for that. You just have to accept it for what it is, a very beautiful young girl, who now has grown up into a beautiful young woman, playing a role she might not like and wearing a costume that may not be of her choosing, but there is still a very beautiful story inside of her and she put everything she had into what she did.

It's no secret I hate the tatoos with a passion, but she's still very special to me and I'm hoping I can overlook them, though that wont be easy and I think you should try and overlook the things that disappointed you.

User22
11-26-2012, 07:30 PM
It's no secret I hate the tatoos with a passion, but she's still very special to me and I'm hoping I can overlook them, though that wont be easy and I think you should try and overlook the things that disappointed you.

If you think about it, its like each of us are married to her...having to overlook the downsides to her and all :p anyway, time to go renew our vows, brb!

Un-rêve
11-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Alizée has been a huge part of my life and although I'm not as crazy about her as I once was, she will always be very special to me as I'm sure she will to many others.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AX3kDp7P5qY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray4AJ
11-26-2012, 11:26 PM
When I first read about her feelings about the first years of her career, I was a bit stunned as well. No matter how she felt though, she has always been a wonderful entertainer and it always appears that she she really enjoys performing. To me, through her interviews and the non-performance videos, she seems like a thoughtful and generous person who doesn't realize the influence she can have on others.

My addiction status is pretty high right now. I'm always trying to absorb more of the good that emanates from her. YMMV

Scruffydog777
11-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Well those things she said, kind of candidly revealed one of those qualities that we love so much about her. She's very honest.......................sometimes painfully so.