PDA

View Full Version : What were you doing?

nurvonic
10-04-2006, 02:41 PM
when Alizee became famous? this can be pretty lengthy for some people.

she became famous back in 2000, at that time i was in 9th grade, listening to 'new' rock, or what suppose to be new rock.

2001 was a big year for alizee. at that time i was a sophomore in high school, skipping school, listening to hardcore slipknot, being brainwashed by other hardcore bands, while at the same time Alizee was tearing it up over in Europe.

2003, her next album comes out, at that time i quit school, got my GED, and was working at a grocery store for minimum wage, not knowing that great music was being performed by a great artist in Europe, and yet i still havent heard anything of her over here in the states. grrr that angers me...why wasnt she all over the internet at this time?

2004, she gives her last performance after getting married and has a child in 2005. 2005, i join the navy, a year later i discover alizee on drunkendelight.com and the rest is history from there.

what about you guys

riva2model64
10-04-2006, 02:49 PM
I was either in elementary school or middle school, completely devoid of sweet Ali:(

brad
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
in 2000 I was in my senior year in college .. so it is hard to tell exactly what I was doing ..

in 2001 i moved to a new town to start my first 'real' job, and not really knowing anyone .. i started playing an online game called 'World War II Online' in the evenings.

While I quit playing the game in 2002, I still hung around their forums everyday to BS with the other players .. and through that website I discovered Alizee in 2003. Someone there was pretty obsessed with her and would always post about her.

There would be random arguments about Alizee having 'a huge forehead' .. and everyone would argue. I didn't really pay a lot of attention to her until sometime later .. probably early 2004 when I discovered alizee-forum .. then i started downloading her videos.

about 4 months ago I found out my wife was pregnant, and for some reason that put my alizee 'addiction' into overdrive. I felt compelled to make this website and the rest is history.

O Rly
10-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, i first remember hearing her (i know i had heard of her a lot earlier, just that it's one day i remember the most) sometime around spring 2002(i was 10 at the time), while i was returning from a trip to Sweden. Moi... Lolita was playing all over the radio at that time, and at that day i heard it about 3 times in one hour one the SAME radio station, lol. I kinda liked the song, but i ended up forgetting about it until a friend showed me the J'en ai marre video, and the name Alizée sounded really familiar. So i typed it in wikipedia and then remembered it all (i found this website there too, btw).
But what was I doing at the time? Playing basketball, videogames and watching Pokemon (I know it's kinda dumb, but that's what i did when i was 10 years old...)

NANAKI
10-04-2006, 05:23 PM
2000-I still lived in Chicago going to Mark Twain listen to a lot of rap and pop thought I was so cool and that I new everything. Went to Florida for first time
2001-I was in end of sixth and begining of seventh grade I think. I was either living in Chicago or in Deerfield. Mark Twain (Chicago school) or Alan B. Shepard (Deerfield school). I was listening to old classic rock and starting to get into the heavy stuff. I was also moving away from listening to rap music also American pop cause I realized that it sucked.
2002-Seventh to eigth grade getting adjusted to a better school was no longer big fish in small pond. I was big fish in an ocean. I was making new friends and just trying to fit in. Started my Track and field career.
2003-Eight to freshmen I didn't do track in eigth grade. Started high school didn't follow the sterio types wasn't afraid of seniors did what I wanted to do. I was expressing my self. Listening to more metal, and all rock no more rap or pop. Track and Field pole vaulting, made new friends from the other two middle schools that feed into my high school.
2004-freshman sophmore went to Florida second time I continued track and field passed health class, and did basically what I did freshman year except listen to more meatl than rock.
2005-sophmore junior went to California I got my permit started track again and listen to more rock
2006- junior senior waiting for track to start again got a job at AMC went to South Dakota discovered Alizée listened to her musioc keeping it hidden my obsession that is from my family, was inspired to learn French by her. Got into European m,usic now. First pop I have listen to in years. Inspired to want to live in France. Get a study a broad program to France in college.

That is it.

Pirate515
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Well, I first remember hearing her (I know I had heard of her a lot earlier, just that it's one day I remember the most) sometime around spring 2002 (I was 10 at the time), while I was returning from a trip to Sweden. Moi... Lolita was playing all over the radio at that time, and that day I heard it about 3 times in one hour on the SAME radio station, LOL. I kinda liked the song, but I ended up forgetting about it until a friend showed me the J'en Ai Marre video, and the name Alizée sounded really familiar. So I typed it in Wikipedia and then remembered it all (I found this website there too, BTW).Your story about finding out about Alizee is very similar to mine. I was vacationing in Prague in October 2002 and Moi...Lolita was playing on the radio station that one of our tour bus drivers was had on. I thought it was very catchy, but sadly, no one on that bus knew who sings it and what the name of that song was. All my further attempts to find that out were fruitless, so eventually I gave up and forgot about it. Then in April of this year, someone started Alizee thread and posted J'en Ai Marre video on one of the forums that I frequently visit, and that got my attention. I started searching the web for everything about Alizee, started downloading her videos like crazy, eventually found Alizee Forums and later on this site, and the rest is history.

I have to smack myself for not finding out about Alizee earlier. Given the fact that I'm a big fan of European dance music, how I haven't heard of her until recently when she's been around in the show biz for 6 years and is beyond me.

newalizeefan
10-04-2006, 09:17 PM
2000: entered high school

2001: boring year, nothing much happened

2002: very fun year, summer was gambling time. my cousins would come over every day in summer and we would gamble the whole day. some of us would lift weights, play bball at the park, went swimming a lot. just a lot of exciting stuff.

2003: junior year, my bad year... got suspended for a week. started smoking cigs, but me and my friends had a lot of fun in 2003. i also started playing this game called counterstrike and i was highly addicted

2004: yet another fun year. graduated from high school. during summer me and all of my cousins did the gambling thing again but it was at my aunties house this time. and just to let you know i have A LOT of cousins and we have a lot of fun doing stuff together. also got my first job at a place called "the good guys".

2005: ugh the most boring summer of my life. did nothing. i quit my job early 2005. but the fall was kinda fun, me, my friends, and my cousins had a little fantasy basketball thing and the holidays were a blast. got addicted to world of warcraft around december.

2006: got another job, but quit after like 3 months. i found out about alizee mid-summer of 2006 while looking up world of warcraft dance. the female night elf dance TBE. went to hawaii in august for a week. 2006 summer was boring but then i found out about alizee and it wasnt so bad anymore.

my favorite years were 2002, and 2004. i am very family orientated and so kicking it with cousins is fun for us considering we have a big family.
but if alizee comes back anytime this year... 2006 will definently be my favorite year.

aditya8617
10-04-2006, 10:11 PM
2000-2004: I was in school and totally not intrested in music or anything. My life was playing, watching movies, and party. I liked to watch French channel that used to be broadcasted and I actually had seen Alizee on it sometime in 2002, it was the Moi-Lolita video. But I realized that it was Alizee when I saw that video second time on internet during Alizee research in Winter 2006.

2005-2006: Came to Seattle started college and got into music. My roommate showed me Alizee video(March 2006) and told me she was French (I like France for some reason) and since then I have downloaded her music and I liked it too.

Sir Wood
10-05-2006, 12:40 AM
Spring 1999, I was vacationing in Paris with my parents *doh* 1 year too early! I also saw Britney Spear’s “Baby One More Time” video for the first time on French TV, LOL. :p

2000-2002, I was working (the small telecom company I worked for was bought buy AT&T around that time). I moved into my current residence, but mostly worked.

2003, I had a major surgery (liver transplant), so it was pretty much R&R.

2004-present, was laid-off AT&T, returned to college and currently trying to get a BS in Mech Engr (telecomm is not too stable, LOL) and I started working for a new telecomm company *doh*. June 2006, started playing WoW and was the first time a friend showed me Alizée (he doesn’t have the obsession/limerance like we here do) and here we are... Now, before you bag on WoW, I’m a casual player because of work, school and Alizée America. :D

Geez, this looks almost like a resume. Am I hired?

Urb4n
10-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Man, to look so far back and tell of the Before-time ( before Alizee) hehe, Would be so hard. There is too much for me to type and still think that you'd read through it all.

RMJ
10-05-2006, 01:42 AM
2000 I was being lazy last year at school.
2001 I was in army.
2002 I moved to this city, met new friends, found Alizée.

neoteny
10-05-2006, 01:59 AM
that's really nice mark. 2000 im in highschool listening to finch. makin average passing grades. Alizee's abroad doin somethin with her life. 2002 i received my diploma. abroad Alizee's doin somethin with her life. meanwhile im workin overnights (still do) makin little over 300 a week. 2005 ended up gettin married. ended up goin nowhere. seperated from my wife. back to square one. later im introduced to Alizee. so i fall in love again. i sketch her and show it to her devoted fans. this time around... im free of oppression. so down goes the beer and out comes the goo goo dolls and more old finch. Alizee's the only one who can keep me company. because i prefer it...

bt_bird_90
10-05-2006, 02:07 AM
2001-2006 - Life happened

R.I.P. JAM '05

neoteny
10-05-2006, 02:24 AM
Profound!!

nurvonic
10-05-2006, 03:25 AM
that's really nice mark. 2000 im in highschool listening to finch. makin average passing grades. Alizee's abroad doin somethin with her life. 2002 i received my diploma. abroad Alizee's doin somethin with her life. meanwhile im workin overnights (still do) makin little over 300 a week. 2005 ended up gettin married. ended up goin nowhere. seperated from my wife. back to square one. later im introduced to Alizee. so i fall in love again. i sketch her and show it to her devoted fans. this time around... im free of oppression. so down goes the beer and out comes the goo goo dolls and more old finch. Alizee's the only one who can keep me company. because i prefer it...

lol neoteny you permanently drunk bastard

bt_bird_90
10-05-2006, 03:43 AM
lol neoteny you permanently drunk bastard

nothing wrong with that...
What's the best way to cure a hangover? Keep drinking!

nurvonic
10-05-2006, 09:51 AM
2001 I was in army.

oh hooah, finland army. does the finland army say 'hooah'? i doubt it lol

in the navy and marines, we say 'hoorah' or 'oorah' or' 'oooyaa'...and sometimes 'aaarg' like a pirate

RMJ
10-05-2006, 09:59 AM
I doubt. Mostly we just swear all the time. It's not like I went there for free will... Didn't waste that time of life for free will...

General Patton
10-05-2006, 05:34 PM
2000- Hell I was in 3rd grade don't really remember much...
2001-4th grade nothing exciting just be a slave to homework and school
2002-5th grade...nothing again....
2003-Middle School....nothing important

Man my life so far has been GAY...

newalizeefan
10-05-2006, 05:57 PM
2000- Hell I was in 3rd grade don't really remember much...
2001-4th grade nothing exciting just be a slave to homework and school
2002-5th grade...nothing again....
2003-Middle School....nothing important

Man my life so far has been GAY...

it will get better in high school and college.
life before high school really isnt much.

General Patton
10-05-2006, 06:14 PM
it will get better in high school and college.
life before high school really isnt much.

I am in high school...

rwd716
10-06-2006, 12:21 AM
Let's see, in 2000 I was a Sophmore in High School. Not a whole lot to talk about there (O yeah, the whole El Nino thing).

In 2001, I dated a girl w/ hair like Lili's :) Believe it or not I really didn't get into music until 2001. Lol, I was too busy doin other shit to really care about the radio or CD's.

The whole Junior/Senoir year was a mix of work/school/findin girls (alota boring shit no one cares about).

I started my first year of college in 2003/2004. I had no clue what I wanted to do and changed my major so many times. The whole hanging w/ college friends was cool, but I got restless.

In Nov. 2004, I join the Air Force still not knowing about Alizée. I really don't know how word of her didn't spread over here. So, the last two years I've been workin/trainin/drinkin for good 'ol Uncle Sam!

I've been stationed In Idaho the last year. The part of Idaho I'm in is pretty bare/boring. This boredom led me to cave to a friends request that I try WoW (I know, I know). Anywho I'm doin my thing, playin WoW, and my friend is like, "you know the sexy dance the night elves do? Watch this"! http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=11

"OMG!"--I had to have said that like ten times. She was so frick'n perfect, it was crazy! I started Google'n Alizée and voila, I found this site. The rest is history :)

newalizeefan
10-06-2006, 12:23 AM
I am in high school...

well im guessing you just started highschool...
lets just say after sophmore year things get better.

pineapplejello
10-06-2006, 12:29 AM
when Alizee became famous? this can be pretty lengthy for some people.

she became famous back in 2000, at that time i was in 9th grade, listening to 'new' rock, or what suppose to be new rock.

2001 was a big year for alizee. at that time i was a sophomore in high school, skipping school, listening to hardcore slipknot, being brainwashed by other hardcore bands, while at the same time Alizee was tearing it up over in Europe.

2003, her next album comes out, at that time i quit school, got my GED, and was working at a grocery store for minimum wage, not knowing that great music was being performed by a great artist in Europe, and yet i still havent heard anything of her over here in the states. grrr that angers me...why wasnt she all over the internet at this time?

2004, she gives her last performance before getting married and has a child in 2005. 2005, i join the navy, a year later i discover alizee on drunkendelight.com and the rest is history from there.

what about you guys
Hey dude,
She actually got Married BEFORE her last concert. She got married in November 6, 2003 in Las Vegas Nevada, USA. Her last show, which I attended, was on January 17, 2004 at LE ZENITH THEATER in Paris France before 7000 fans. This is the same concert that is on the VIDEO DVD: ALIZEE EN CONCERT 2004. There may be one or 2 from the Nice, France concert mixed in as well.
Its been much too long of wait for her next CD. It almost seems like she has given up her carrer for a family at the tender age of 20-21, which makes no sense whatsoever, exept she has been brainwashed by her puke hubby Jeremy.

nurvonic
10-06-2006, 12:37 AM
oops. lemme change that right now...

oscarinio
10-06-2006, 12:47 AM
I just can say the first time I saw Alizée was one week ago on youtube.com watching for some hot chicks, then i founf the name Alizée between other and said *of course she is the hottest, i couldnt believe it so i typed Alizée on youtube.com and the first video i saw was J'en Ai Marre by the time i saw her I DIDNT BLINK !!!!! i got hipnotized and amazed of this beautiful beatiful girl .... since 1 week ago i cant stop thinking about Alizée .... SHE IS THE PRITTIEST GIRL ON EARTH !!!!

cane17
10-06-2006, 01:02 AM
2000-6th grade

2001-7th grade and move back to Tampa

2002-8th grade

2003-I just started High School and the Bucs won the Spuer Bowl

2004-10th grade got very good grades,got a car,I got a job at a Movie Theather and the Lightning won the Stanley Cup

2005-11 grade not much happen

2006- graduate High School and fell in love with a Angel Named Alizée

Now that i look back on this it kind of sucks how much i missed out on.

DJ_Greg
10-06-2006, 01:54 AM
well im guessing you just started highschool...
lets just say after sophmore year things get better.

This is true, although it's different for everyone. My first half of my freshman year was great...everything kind of went south in February (of my freshman year) and didn't pick up again until junior year for me. That was before Alizée was famous, though (not that that has anything to do with it - just bringing it back to the subject of the thread).

Señor Villa
10-06-2006, 09:03 PM
2000 I was born
2001 I was walking
2002 I could say my ABC's

rwd716
10-07-2006, 03:36 AM
I just can say the first time I saw Alizée was one week ago on youtube.com watching for some hot chicks, then i founf the name Alizée between other and said *of course she is the hottest, i couldnt believe it so i typed Alizée on youtube.com and the first video i saw was J'en Ai Marre by the time i saw her I DIDNT BLINK !!!!! i got hipnotized and amazed of this beautiful beatiful girl .... since 1 week ago i cant stop thinking about Alizée .... SHE IS THE PRITTIEST GIRL ON EARTH !!!!

Get that, Son! And welcome! You know how to pick em!

aditya8617
10-07-2006, 03:50 AM
2000 I was born
2001 I was walking
2002 I could say my ABC's

2002 ABC's and 2006 Alizee:eek: That's a big leap, good progress!

Matrix
10-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Back in 2000, i sure wasn't listening to Alizee that's for sure. Never even heard of her or heard anyone mention her name or even heard any of her songs on the radio.

DJ_Greg
10-07-2006, 07:57 PM
2000-2002: best time of my life

It's pretty much been all downhill from there.

spysmasher
10-07-2006, 11:17 PM
Back in 2000, when Alizee emerged on the music scene, I was listening to some world music (among other things), but my taste in that department ran toward the more “exotic” – Zap Mama, Sheila Chandra, etc. I knew nothing of Alizee. Still was clueless about Alizee when her second album came out. I’ve been a dabbler in world music for years now, and somewhere along the line I had come across references to Alizee because when I finally stumbled across her J’en ai Marre video on Metacafe a few months back, I realized, “That’s that French singer I read about somewhere!” And, of course, once I actually saw her and heard her, I was hooked!

illuminatys
10-09-2006, 08:14 AM
Oh!!I have undesrstood what you want to know!Ok!
In 2000 year I was in 9 class.Than I don't know Alizee.I had knew about her only i middle of july last year in 2005.She execute the song La Isla BOnita...I thought she is american.but then understood that she is french.And so cool!I love France Paris!Yahooo!I have got site about Alizee but he is in ruusian language http://alizeeonline.narod.ru

neoteny
10-09-2006, 11:19 AM
In 2000 year I was in 9 class.Than I don't know Alizee.I had knew about her only i middle of july last year in 2005.She execute the song La Isla BOnita...I thought she is american.but then understood that she is french.And so cool!I love France Paris!Yahooo!I have got site about Alizee but he is in ruusian language http://alizeeonline.narod.ru

like your accent...yoohoo.

General Patton
10-10-2006, 07:47 PM
2000-2002: best time of my life

It's pretty much been all downhill from there.

How?
OMG your beating in posts...I shall catch up!

rwd716
10-10-2006, 11:02 PM
In 2000 year I was in 9 class.Than I don't know Alizee.I had knew about her only i middle of july last year in 2005.She execute the song La Isla BOnita...I thought she is american.but then understood that she is french.And so cool!I love France Paris!Yahooo!I have got site about Alizee but he is in rusian language http://alizeeonline.narod.ru

On a side note, I love Russian girls, lol. Alizée comes first though ;)

General Patton
10-10-2006, 11:15 PM
On a side note, I love Russian girls, lol. Alizée comes first though ;)

So do I i am sure you will like this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7724548452351649714&q=Russian+Girls
its a nice music video with very hot russian girls...that come close to Alizee of course! :D

rwd716
10-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Nice :eek:

General Patton
10-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Nice :eek:

I thought you would like it or wait...what the eek for?

DJ_Greg
10-11-2006, 12:44 AM
How?
OMG your beating in posts...I shall catch up!

I've always been ahead of you in posts. Been 4th since I eclipsed aditya and Bob showed up...not that I ever check things like that... :D

rwd716
10-11-2006, 01:20 PM
I thought you would like it or wait...what the eek for?

I chose the eek more for the bugging eyes and less eek.

illuminatys
10-13-2006, 08:42 AM
Today 13 october friday!Yahooooooo!I like this day!
Are you all americans?
Quicly visit my site!!!!!Hahahhahaha!Beeeee!
Well....come here http://alizeeonline.narod.ru
Attention!It is russian site therefore it is in russian language!Hahahha!

illuminatys
10-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Have you got in your country wrestling?Please,if you have got photo from wrestling...than send it to me - on my e-mail illuminatys@yandex.ru
Thanks!Merci!Спасибо короче!

General Patton
10-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Have you got in your country wrestling?Please,if you have got photo from wrestling...than send it to me - on my e-mail illuminatys@yandex.ru
Thanks!Merci!Спасибо короче!

Hm...may I ask why?

atra201
10-19-2006, 02:51 PM
ok
in 2001 i was a senior in high school i think
in 2002 i went to college and was surrounded with very serious ppl that studying came before food and sleeping
in 2003 i was free and saw i'm not twenty on tv unfortionatly it was the end of it so i waited for about a day or two by the tv untill they played im not 20
again then i googled Alizee
and here we R ever since i'm a big Alizee fan but i was unactive in all the other forums

illuminatys
10-20-2006, 08:01 AM
Because i nees it!!!
Answer the questions!Have you got it or not?

General Patton
10-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Nope sorry.

Cooney
10-20-2006, 08:43 PM
Hmm, in 2000 I would have been in the middle of moving from one house to another, and heading off to college.

When she gave her last concert, I was graduating from said college.

I didn't discover her until summer '06, while cruising around online. Missed out on so much :-(

Sir Wood
10-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I didn't discover her until summer '06, while cruising around online. Missed out on so much :-(
Yeah, I can empathize. :(

But you're here now, so welcome on board! :D

Cooney
10-21-2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah, I can empathize. :(

But you're here now, so welcome on board! :D

I've got myself a special project in her honor going on at the moment. I anticipate completion in 6-8 weeks, at which point I'll post the pics :-P

Azereus
10-22-2006, 09:23 PM
In 2000, I was just a 10 yr old kid talking about pokemon. I wish I had known about Alizee earlier on though. Btw I messed up my age in my profile so it actually states that I'm 18.

jeroh
10-29-2006, 10:16 PM
wow big problem.. i don't remember that i did all these years , bad memory i guess
or maybe my brain delete old information for have space to record every second of alizee videos
or maybe...bah , i can't write nothing funny.. i'm boring..

Mozaik
10-30-2006, 06:28 AM
What was I doing in... 2000? OMA, I was just 9 years old! I have no idea, what was I doing.

atra201
10-30-2006, 08:24 AM
What was I doing in... 2000? OMA, I was just 9 years old! I have no idea, what was I doing.

huh:cool: i forget what i ate for dinner last night but fortionatly i don't forget about Alizee

Merci Alizée
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
2000-I was in 5th grade. I changed my school that year and that was one of most important change in my studies. So, important year for both of us.

2001-Moved to 6th grade. Nothing much happened. I was not into the music at that time. Everything was simple for me.

2002-Moved to 7th grade. Nothing worth mentioning for this year too.

2003-Moved to 8th grade. I was still the same person. Most of the time spent in studies and outdoor games and that's all I knew at that time.

2004-9th Grade. Still no sign of any changes.

2005-10th grade. Secured first position in my school in the board exams. I'll always remember that year. Things started to change then. Started thinking about my career.

2006-Introduced myself to Hollywood movies. I hadn't any song of western singers by then. I knew only these names-Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Madonna and that all. Nothing more than that.

2007-Started my college life. Discovered many western singers including Alizée. That was biggest change ever for me and everything after that was awesome.

Lucian_RO
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I was listening to music by Vangelis and playing computer games too much. And it was that year when I started to watch F1, so it was a good year for me.

Uroboros
05-03-2010, 04:04 PM
You got me! :confused:
I was just a little kid, doing things I shouldn't be doing. What I SHOULD have done was look for a way to buy her albuns :(