PDA

View Full Version : Lili, I will wait FOREVER ..

brad
10-09-2006, 03:09 AM
Who's with me????

rcs
10-09-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm right there with you Brad. Now, I've got to go and watch a video as a pick me up. :)

RadioactiveMan
10-09-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm not going to wait forever because she'll release an album before then.
I would wait forever, though.

cane17
10-09-2006, 03:14 AM
I'm with you guys.

nurvonic
10-09-2006, 03:25 AM
you guys are frekkin crazy. im going phsycosomatic right now just waiting for any news

brad
10-09-2006, 03:29 AM
she'll release an album before then.

This is true :D

bt_bird_90
10-09-2006, 07:39 AM
correction - forever and then some

NANAKI
10-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Right behind you Brad I would wait an eternity and more for her return.

Matrix
10-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I keep checking her official website link everyday in hopes it comes back up...Alizee... whats going on?

Must be money contract problems.. percentages etc... There has to be someone out there who will back her next album.

It must be the conditions her and Jeremy are laying down.. nobody is agreeing on a contract. Stalemate

Ange
10-09-2006, 11:57 AM
I'm not waiting forever. Hello Septembers passed and nothing. Same as always. She'll never come out with another album.

RadioactiveMan
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm not waiting forever. Hello Septembers passed and nothing. Same as always. She'll never come out with another album.

You're just trying to be mean.

RMJ
10-09-2006, 12:13 PM
What was so special in September that it needed mentioning ?

Spartan500
10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
probably that one rumor that said that alizee's third album would come out in september. o and i'm with you guys i would wait for-ev-er (i just watched sandlot) and ever

AA-1
10-09-2006, 01:50 PM
Crazy people!:D

nurvonic
10-09-2006, 02:05 PM
Crazy people!:D

im glad you agree with me :)

iolaus_uk
10-09-2006, 02:42 PM
forever is a long time !
but im with you guys ,for alizee i would really wait forever
and if it happens (please dont let it) that she dont come back i will still listen to the albums she has done forever.
Unless i can start a political party in france get elected and then make her do another album lol
:D

maareek
10-09-2006, 03:08 PM
I guess this was sparked by that thread on AF? Kinda stirred up some emotion from me as well, when I first read it. Though I think the emotion there stems from a geniune love and somewhat waning amounts of patience.

But personally, I have no problem however long I'll need to wait for a new album. Hopefully it won't be long, but getting upset about it won't make it happen any sooner. And I'll be happy as hell when it finally arrives, which in the end is all any of us can really say, isn't it? :/

garçoncanadien
10-09-2006, 03:37 PM
I said this on another thread so I'll say it again ;)

Oh let's cheer up people :)

If you look on this website,
http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/musique/francophone.php

and enter in the name of another French artist in the search box, and click ok, you will see that Alizée is not the only professional musician who has spent three years in between albums. Maybe she really is almost on the edge of releasing her 3rd album.

I stay patient and optimistic that she will come back not as just un petit Alizé (a little tradewind), but as un grand ouragan (big hurricane) :) :)

She really said this: "A boy who is not faithful is not a boy for me".

Let's remain faithful fans. And hope for the best! cuz she is the best ;)

brad
10-09-2006, 03:52 PM
I guess this was sparked by that thread on AF? Kinda stirred up some emotion from me as well, when I first read it. Though I think the emotion there stems from a geniune love and somewhat waning amounts of patience.

You are right .. for some reason the whole idea of that song (and everything else) just really gets under my skin. I mean .. Alizee personally mailed a letter to nidalizee saying she will be back soon, and 6 months later they have 'had enough' ...

Come on .. live your life, when she comes back .. she comes back. If she never comes back, does that make the reason you were a fan to begin with any less valid?

Alizée doesn't owe us anything more than what she wants to provide.

Ciberaztec
10-09-2006, 04:36 PM
Rod Stewart took 8 years in returning with a new album, Why Alizée would have to do it before? remember that Lili changed of house of recording, musical composers and adjustments. It is not easy to be reconciled to the new songs and to the new image, in addition, now she must take part in everything that before others used to do. I believe that Alizée, yes! will return, in time, remember that Alizée is not any singer and, if the things that worth the pain were made easily... anyone would do them. Let us leave Alizée take all along that it is necessary to arm her following album, I am sure that the delay will be seen widely compensated.
Ale.

NANAKI
10-09-2006, 05:07 PM
faithful all the way I will never give up faith in the name of Bon Jovi "Keep The Faith"

maareek
10-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Very good points garconcanadien, and I might add that it's not only French singers that take awhile to put out albums. A lot of the "big name" singers/groups in american music have put out relatively few albums and taken long periods of time in between (especially those that have been around awhile). There's a price to pay for perfection, and in this situation it's time. Three years to put out an album that we know is going to be great, when most of that time was spent not dealing with music at all is pretty impressive.

I agree completely brad, even though I understand their frustration, I think they're allowing their hearts to cloud their judgment as it were.

Moe
10-09-2006, 05:37 PM
oh I'm waiting!!

brad
10-09-2006, 05:38 PM
I agree completely brad, even though I understand their frustration, I think they're allowing their hearts to cloud their judgment as it were.

Yeah .. I also understand their frustration, in fact I share their frustration (as I am sure we all do). I actually understand what they are doing, they just was some real news from her .. and if they succeed I will be very happy.

I just think it is a little mean spirited, and not the right way to go about it. Especially considering that Alizee sent us all a letter not that long ago, where she promised she would be back .. 'soon'.

Spartan500
10-09-2006, 06:04 PM
yeah it's her own choice on if she comes back or not but it would be awesome if we got news directly from her

Twitch
10-09-2006, 06:08 PM
If you are talking about the song I think you are, I saw the one on the Alizée Alliance, they're fed up with all the rumours more then they are about waiting. Like a new rumour someone tried to start on the same forum saying a Parisien fan met Alizée and she said the album would be out by the end of October, just unfounded rumours that frustrate people who believe them and then get disapointed when they turn out to be false. And it hasn't been that long since her last album, most artists take a lot longer, but they also stay in contact with fans, but Alizée likes her privacy, and with her new family who can blame her.
And I'm not obsessed about the release of the new album. I look forward to it but until then I still have all the stuff she as done so far, not releasing a new album is not going to decrease my enjoyment of her current work. I don't know how people can stop liking something based on the release of a new album, unless they weren't true fans to begin with. Yes your obsession might decrease but you don't stop liking it.

Megalizée fan
10-09-2006, 07:18 PM
I think everyone has to give Alizée the time she needs to get used to being a mum and wife. it would be nice if she would give some idea what's going on but if we are true fans we will wait as long as it takes.

NANAKI
10-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I think everyone has to give Alizée the time she needs to get used to being a mum and wife. it would be nice if she would give some idea what's going on but if we are true fans we will wait as long as it takes.

I agree with this entirely we have to be paitent and just be faithful fans and wait until it comes out until death do us part.

aditya8617
10-09-2006, 08:11 PM
I will wait too, no problem. I am not yet bored with her previous albums either so can wait long for her next one.

NANAKI
10-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I will wait too, no problem. I am not yet bored with her previous albums either so can wait long for her next one.

neither am I since I just got them last week

zemasterzzz
10-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm still trying to get a hold of the last ones. Alas I'm not old enough to own a credit card. Guess I'll have to ask my parents soon. As for the next album I can wait, I can wait till when ever she's good and ready. You don't rush good things.

spysmasher
10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I can wait, too ... although, as one who is relatively new to the world of Alizee, I haven't actually been waiting very long yet! But I applaud Alizee for taking time out from her career to focus on her new family: More power to ya, Alizee! Take all the time you need ... we'll be waiting!

Bob
10-09-2006, 10:39 PM
i would wait until she turned 60, once she turns 60 and doesn't have a new album out i think i would stop waiting =)

Rocket
10-09-2006, 11:13 PM
If and when a new album is released I'll buy it. After seeing that one picture of her and her daughter at the airport, I couldn't help but seeing not a pop star but a mommy. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she has walked away from it all and will never record again. Even though I would love to see her in concert here in the USA, I'm afraid I'm not that passionate or 'hardcore' as the rest of you.

My one glimmer of hope is in the movie The Good Year. If Moi...Lolita is in the movie, it will perhaps draw new fans that will make her in demand here.

Just remember: There is no I in TEAM. There is however ME. lol

NANAKI
10-09-2006, 11:28 PM
If and when a new album is released I'll buy it. After seeing that one picture of her and her daughter at the airport, I couldn't help but seeing not a pop star but a mommy. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if she has walked away from it all and will never record again. Even though I would love to see her in concert here in the USA, I'm afraid I'm not that passionate or 'hardcore' as the rest of you.

My one glimmer of hope is in the movie The Good Year. If Moi...Lolita is in the movie, it will perhaps draw new fans that will make her in demand here.

That is true Rocket I am also looking forward to The Good Year not only because of Moi...Lolita but also I like Russell Crowe movies because he doesn't make them to often.

Brianh
10-09-2006, 11:33 PM
I'll wait forever......and ever.

Sir Wood
10-09-2006, 11:41 PM
I eagerly wait for her come back release on pins and needles. If she decides that she is happy with where she is currently in life then I can appreciate that, albeit sadden, but grateful that I was introduced to her artistry. No one can take that away from me…

LOL Rocket, I use that phrase at work all time. :p

newalizeefan
10-10-2006, 12:32 AM
man i come to these forums everyday hoping i would see a thread that looks something like "alizee's new single comes out" or "NEW ALIZEE NEWS"...
or hell atleast new pictures of her.
but i only find bumps of older threads...

she will be back soon, ill wait.

rwd716
10-10-2006, 01:48 AM
I suppose this thread is in response to the other one that got a little too depressing.

Yes I'm gonna wait, but it's sooo long, haha. Please hurry Lili, we're dyin over here!

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Gin Blossoms took 10 years to release the follow-up to their second album. Ten years! Congratulations, I'm Sorry came out on February 13, 1996 (I got it for my 15th birthday...had to wait a week), and Major Lodge Victory didn't come out until August of this year. They were definitely one of my favorite bands while I was in high school.

During that time, they even broke up ("for good")...only to get back together recently. Just shows that you never know what can happen.

Did I give up on them? No.
Did I get mad when another album didn't come out right away? Nope!

Ten years, people!

Have a little patience. :D

rwd716
10-10-2006, 02:29 AM
Did I give up on them? No.
Did I get mad when another album didn't come out right away? Nope!

You had to have been slightly perturbed :D

aditya8617
10-10-2006, 02:58 AM
I don't care too much if she chooses not release another album. Ofcourse I will be a little disappointed but whatever work she has done so far and she herself have left a mark in me so I can never forget her, I will always like her.

vctralca
10-10-2006, 09:57 AM
I ll wait forever, i cant imagine myself forgetting her in the next 100 years :D :eek:

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
You had to have been slightly perturbed :D

Nah. I like lots of music. If some band doesn't release a new record, it's quite all right because some other band will. Chances are, if I bought MCE in 2003 when it came out, I'd probably listen to it for a year or two and put it on the shelf after that. I probably wouldn't be listening to her right now, even. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't be a fan anymore, I'd just be listening to other artists while she took her time making the next record.

See?

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/622/img0313kn0.jpg

spysmasher
10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
Gin Blossoms took 10 years to release the follow-up to their second album. Ten years! Congratulations, I'm Sorry came out on February 13, 1996 (I got it for my 15th birthday...had to wait a week), and Major Lodge Victory didn't come out until August of this year. They were definitely one of my favorite bands while I was in high school.

During that time, they even broke up ("for good")...only to get back together recently.

Gin Blossoms released another album? I didn't know that! I like them, too. I'll have to check that out ... while I'm waiting for Lili!

Gatchaman
10-10-2006, 05:46 PM
Is there any news at all coming out of the entertainment industry in France? It's hard to believe that no one wants to sign her to a record deal. Unless of course there is no album ready. It just sucks waiting this long with no solid news.

RMJ
10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Is there any news at all coming out of the entertainment industry in France? It's hard to believe that no one wants to sign her to a record deal. Unless of course there is no album ready. It just sucks waiting this long with no solid news.
Those record deal rumors are just RUMORS ! There's nothing confirmed about those record houses. She could have signed the contract months or years ago already... IF she is even leaving Polydor. Even that is rumor ! So don't any weight on them until they are confirmed by someone.

And everything will stay rumor as long as she doesn't say anything out loud. And she won't say anything until she is ready to say. There's absolutely no doubts of the album itself. It will be out someday (her work on it has been confirmed by her husband and co-worker). It's only matter of time. And what label she is on is irrelevant at this point. Let's discuss the label when she releases her album. Or single.

People need to understand that everything that is said around her isn't facts. There will always been rumors. Don't take them as facts until it's confirmed from her, or from source that is otherwise trusted.

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Gin Blossoms released another album? I didn't know that! I like them, too. I'll have to check that out ... while I'm waiting for Lili!

Hell yeah, dude!

The new single is "Learning the Hard Way," which you can stream at www.ginblossoms.net directly under the title IN STORES NOW.

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Those record deal rumors are just RUMORS ! There's nothing confirmed about those record houses. She could have signed the contract months or years ago already... IF she is even leaving Polydor. Even that is rumor ! So don't any weight on them until they are confirmed by someone.

And everything will stay rumor as long as she doesn't say anything out loud. And she won't say anything until she is ready to say. There's absolutely no doubts of the album itself. It will be out someday (her work on it has been confirmed by her husband and co-worker). It's only matter of time. And what label she is on is irrelevant at this point. Let's discuss the label when she releases her album. Or single.

People need to understand that everything that is said around her isn't facts. There will always been rumors. Don't take them as facts until it's confirmed from her, or from source that is otherwise trusted.

That's interesting. I didn't know the split with Polydor was unconfirmed.

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm afraid I'm not that passionate or 'hardcore' as the rest of you.

You know what they say about denial... ;)

General Patton
10-10-2006, 07:32 PM
I will wait. I really don't care how long it takes. I have other stuff to do... but do you guys have a life other then the forums?

zemasterzzz
10-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Of course not..... lol obviously. If we lived on the boards then there'd be like a million posts on here daily. So many that reading all of it would be tedious. Trust me I knew some ppl that spent like all day on a forum.

rwd716
10-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Recent studies have show a new symptom to Alizéecomma. It's a disorder of one's sense of time. Any period over a couple of month's without new Alizée material will spur a reaction of one's sense of need for more Alizée. :D

Anywho, I guess it really hasn't been that long. I've just been too impatient. Say mid 2004 was the last official new material released. It's only been about 2 1/2 years. Include time off while beeing pregnant and a year off after having Anny-lee, there's only about 11 months of "free time."

Example:

May 17, 2004 Natasha/Lili vid
2 1/2 months "whatever" time
July/Aug 04
Pregnancy
April 05
10 months of "Baby" time
Feb 06-MTV France appearance
8 months of "prep new album time"
Present

So actually, I'll have to give Alizée some more time. How long depends on how much of a fan I am :p Only time will tell.
Have funn all! Go watch some more Lili interviews or the concert. They're great sources for your next Lili fix :cool:

General Patton
10-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Yea I was slowly losing intrest in Alizee and hadn't checked the forums for almost a week and then I listened to her music and it was so relaxing and destressful....don't you guys feel relaxed when you listen to her voice?

rwd716
10-10-2006, 11:24 PM
Huhu huhu, de-stressed by Alizée (Beavis and Butthead voice)

General Patton
10-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Huhu huhu, de-stressed by Alizée (Beavis and Butthead voice)

Hey I know you agree with me rwd! :p

brad
10-11-2006, 12:05 AM
don't you guys feel relaxed when you listen to her voice?

this is the most intelligent and constructive post you have ever made. congrats! lol

nurvonic
10-11-2006, 12:34 AM
yes i was quite surprised myself lol. good job GP

DJ_Greg
10-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Yea I was slowly losing intrest in Alizee and hadn't checked the forums for almost a week and then I listened to her music and it was so relaxing and destressful....don't you guys feel relaxed when you listen to her voice?

Yes, I will always remember Alizée for getting me through the summer of 2006, despite being unemployed. I think I'd have gone crazy without her.

Urb4n
10-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Who's with me????

So long as I can do other things in the meantime; I'm all for it.

newalizeefan
10-11-2006, 05:27 AM
im sure most people can wait.
problem is if she ends up taking too long then most people would end up losing interest. im just praying that there will be atleast some new news by christmas time or else ill be too frustrated and probably drop my alizee obsession (which i dont want to happen).

Rocket
10-11-2006, 06:43 AM
Wtf??? People Complementing Gp?? Has The World Gone Mad??

rcs
10-11-2006, 11:10 AM

Nope, but GP's tank has gone soft. That's good for him to express this side of himself. Lili wants to see more teddy bears, not killing machines lol. :)

DJ_Greg
10-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Haha! @ Rocket and rcs

newalizeefan: I think waiting hurts her in the U.S. more than it might in other places. We have never seen her here (getting married in L.V. doesn't count...I mean TV or concerts), so this Internet phenomenon is the only way she's popular here. The longer it takes for her to release new material, with new videos and such...well, I think people who haven't actually seen her will lose interest.

France and Europe, at least, get to make their own decision, as she'll undoubtedly have her new single playing on the radio there.

RMJ
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
We have never seen her here (getting married in L.V. doesn't count...I mean TV or concerts),

Thats not quite true. WMA2002 was shown in the States, too.

And many American fans have seen that. We have several such fans on AF.

DJ_Greg
10-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Thats not quite true. WMA2002 was shown in the States, too.

And many American fans have seen that. We have several such fans on AF.

I'm not familiar with this. What is it? And when/where was it shown?

RMJ
10-11-2006, 03:54 PM
World Music Awards 2002.

Which was 6th of March, 2002.

http://img278.imageshack.us/img278/4475/wma2002gq6.jpg

rwd716
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
I've never actually watched the WMA's. Does US television show the whole thing, even the foreign artists?

RMJ
10-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Most likely. It's World music awards. Wouldn't make much sense not to show them.

At least Alizée was shown in the States.

General Patton
10-11-2006, 10:37 PM
this is the most intelligent and constructive post you have ever made. congrats! lol

LOL I love acting like a complete fool on this forum! It's so fun! You guys all think I am stupid. I always roleplay on forums. I act smart on some, dumb on others, as one person said: "Man I dont even know you Virshia but your cool man,slightly paranoid and freakishly mean to noobs but your cool"
But of course I can't really talk about anything I really know on this forum. I don't know everything about Alizee unlike most of you.
But Brad when you say that is the most intelligent and constructive post I have ever made... are you calling me stupid?

General Patton
10-11-2006, 10:38 PM

LOL how mean :mad:
But I like making the world go mad HAHAA AHAH :D

General Patton
10-11-2006, 10:39 PM
Nope, but GP's tank has gone soft. That's good for him to express this side of himself. Lili wants to see more teddy bears, not killing machines lol. :)

I am not getting soft! And I am in no way am or going to become a teddy bear!

rwd716
10-12-2006, 01:36 AM
I'll be Lili's teddy bear anytime, Patton!

aditya8617
10-12-2006, 03:02 AM
If you can't be her Teddy Bear GP then she is going to throw you in a trash bag!:D

General Patton
10-12-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll be Lili's teddy bear anytime, Patton!Oh you meant it that way of course I would want to be her teddy bear. I thought you were saying that I was becoming a softy. LOL

rwd716
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
huhu huhu...soft

rwd716
10-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I just got this message from USA for Alizée (Myspace). The owner of the page was just in France for a few weeks. At least her stuff is still on shelves.

Hi Realdiehl,

I checked out newstands in Paris and went through some magazines and there was nothing about Alizée. Her old CD's and En Concert DVD are still stocked which nullifies the rumors that her En Concert DVD has been pulled from shelves like Virgin and FNAC because Alizée wanted to put her Lolita era behind. I wished I would have runned into Alizée or got some new reports on her but it was not meant to be.
USA for Alizée

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Oct 5, 2006 7:53 PM

Did you see any evidence of Alizée there? Like Magazines or cd's?

Señor Villa
10-13-2006, 01:58 AM
Yeah I was hoping to get some new info from the myspace Alizée site. Oh Well. I was in Europe for a month and I traveled to 10 countries and I only saw Alizée's music in France. I already had her stuff but the best prices was Virgin Megastore, fnac was a little more. So anyone is going to France soon and are going to Nice or Paris they have her stuff at those stores, HMV did not.

Sir Wood
10-13-2006, 08:08 PM
I am not getting soft! And I am in no way am or going to become a teddy bear!

LOL, sorry Patton I couldn't help it. :p

General Patton
10-14-2006, 12:19 AM
LOL, sorry Patton I couldn't help it. :p
LOL if I was a teddy bear I would look evil. LOL

rwd716
10-14-2006, 02:23 AM
Man, I just re-watched some of her vids. OMG, she's soooo f'n cute. When I win the lottery I'm gonna invest 3 Mill in Alizée. You guys'll all thank me when she finnally gets the boost she needs to come to the U.S.

Hit me up for autographed photos and some free CD's when she makes her American debut!!!!!!! I'm so frick'n excited that I'm gonna be a partner w/ Alizée!!!!!!!

And Brad, I'll definately make you some sort of offical webmaster for her new site :D

atra201
10-19-2006, 02:25 PM
well if i had to wait for ever i would
i'll probaply explode:eek: that would be bad.

marik
06-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm right there with you Brad. Now, I've got to go and watch a video as a pick me up. :)

im with u guys! cause i have crush on her:wub: Alizée

chrelion
06-20-2007, 08:27 AM
I cast my lot in with the rest of you. I'm patiently looking forward to the day the next album comes out, kind of like a little kid waiting eagerly for Christmas. Only it's a Christmas that could come tomorrow or several dozens of tomorrows in the future - so it's even more of a surprise. But it'll be one I'm not entirely expecting. Even better.

But I am just a tad curious:

What'd people do who aren't willing to wait? Just stop listening to her music and watching the videos? That makes no sense. Boycott the new album when it comes out? And if there's some resentment . . . well, that I really don't get.

garçoncanadien
06-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Homer wrote 1000 poems to Alizée during his wait :eek: no kidding. he is possibly the most faithful fan :D i only wrote three :o:o

Joey_adore_Jung
06-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I Stand behind you guys on this, though if you want me to stand in front i'm ok with that 2. :)

OGRE
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
This is one situation where we old farts have an advantage over the youngins. As you get older, time compresses. If you ain't old, you just don't know...so no use explaining it.

When I was young, it was like "are we there yet..are we there yet...can't wait...can't wait".

But as you get older it's like "Damn, what year is it"? Kids I knew in middle school are all of of a sudden graduating from grad school! It's like...what the hell happened to High School and Undergrad school?

Not only does time compress, but memory compresses too! Things that happened over a year or so ago we can't nail down the year. Anything over a year could be five years ago.

So yeah... I can wait... a month.....a year.... a decade. What's the difference?

Zack -Alizee Lover-
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Homer wrote 1000 poems to Alizée during his wait :eek: no kidding. he is possibly the most faithful fan :D i only wrote three :o:o

Wrong not poems, they are ryhmes. <<<(dunno if u write it like that, i never use those words...)

1000 ryhmes in 1000 days.

isabella
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
i hope i don't have to wait forever
i WILL wait long, but i think i can't wait forever,
that gives me too much stress....I WANT LILI!;)
lol:D

thats amazazazing
06-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I keep checking her official website link everyday in hopes it comes back up...Alizee... whats going on?

Must be money contract problems.. percentages etc... There has to be someone out there who will back her next album.

It must be the conditions her and Jeremy are laying down.. nobody is agreeing on a contract. Stalemate

when did you you become an expert on the music industry?

espire
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
when did you you become an expert on the music industry?

Didn't you know? Matrix has a BA in Accounting and his Master's in Economics.

Deepwaters
06-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Matrix could be right, but my sense is that she's doing some dramatic timing here. Moi . . . Lolita, which was her very first single, was released on 4th July 2000. 4th July 2007 is 7 years to the day after that, and so I'm expecting her return/new single on that day. The album release date may or may not be similarly timed.

No matter how long you've been waiting for something, impatience mounts when you finally know it's coming and still have to wait a little bit longer, even when the wait time is trivial. :D

Rocket
06-20-2007, 06:43 PM
Rod Stewart took 8 years in returning with a new album, Why Alizée would have to do it before? remember that Lili changed of house of recording, musical composers and adjustments. It is not easy to be reconciled to the new songs and to the new image, in addition, now she must take part in everything that before others used to do. I believe that Alizée, yes! will return, in time, remember that Alizée is not any singer and, if the things that worth the pain were made easily... anyone would do them. Let us leave Alizée take all along that it is necessary to arm her following album, I am sure that the delay will be seen widely compensated.
Ale.

The difference between Rod Stewart and Aliz'ee (besides the obvious :p) is that nobody was expecting an album from Hot Rod

Deepwaters
06-20-2007, 06:56 PM
The difference between Rod Stewart and Aliz'ee (besides the obvious :p) is that nobody was expecting an album from Hot Rod

Was anyone reasonably expecting an album from Alizée before March 2006, when she handed in that note?

Granted it's taken a bit longer than anticipated since then. :blink:

Fusoya
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I will wait as long as it takes as I got no other options :p
As it stays now I wont stop listening to her songs ever.
But I do listen to other artists aswell though.

Alizee_is_Scottish!
06-20-2007, 10:05 PM

The main difference is Rod Stewart pretends to be Scottish, whilst I pretend Alizée is Scottish:blink:

As for waiting for ever, I keep getting the horrible feeling that I might not like her new stuff. Suppose I'm always going to like the old style, so I can live with the fear.:rolleyes:

espire
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
Every single one of Alizée's songs has been a different style so far, so even if you don't like some songs, you're guaranteed to like the rest.

Ioku
06-21-2007, 12:03 AM
I can't say I would wait forever but I will always be a fan...if she released an album like 10 years from now I would probably buy it but I can't say for sure if I would have the same enthusiasm as I do now :(

fsquared
06-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Ioku, I know what you mean. I was a huge Depeche Mode fan in the early 90s and I had always longed to go to a concert. Finally in 2001 I was able to go...and, it was like, we had all gotten old. There were fans there in like suits and ties. These things happen.

Alizee_is_Scottish, I confess to the same fear....i.e., finding out that what I really like is Mylene and Laurent behind the scenes. It happened to me with the Gin Blossoms; that guy Doug who wrote their biggest hits (Found Out About You, Hey Jealousy) was brilliant and tortured, you could hear it in his songs...but then he quit the band and killed himself. The other stuff was sung and played by the same people but it just wasn't the same.

But....let's not ruin our fun....hopefully album #3 will exceed all our expectations!

C-4
06-21-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm patient and have been told that "Good things come to those that wait".

rcs
06-21-2007, 07:08 AM
It will still be those little Alizee moments like her facial expressions, dancing (not the choregraphed), and the voice that make her a hit for me...:cool:

Bigdan
06-21-2007, 08:19 AM
My opinion ( hi , by the way !) is that the return will not be easy... there is a strange situation growing up : what i would called the "first Alizee" seems to have her own fame on the Net... Photos and videos of the first ( and now gone) period are seducing more and more fans. There is a confusion ,i think, around this.
The "new Alizée" will be very different, she's grown up, she's a mother, and i don't think she keep a so good memories of her debut...

So i think a lot of her fans could be very confused and disapointed with her return...

Sorry if i'm too serious about that! :o

( sorry if you dont understand everything, i'm French...)

OGRE
06-21-2007, 09:04 AM
So i think a lot of her fans could be very confused and disapointed with her return...

For some fans, you are correct. Some will come looking for the previous Alizée and be faced with a new and different Alizée.

I hope most fans understand a beautiful voice and spirit knows no age. As long as she carries her spirit forward in the new songs and new look, that's what counts for me.

heyamigo
11-27-2007, 05:35 AM
well the wait is OVER!!!!!!!!

brad, you're lucky it wasn't forever!!!

Martin
11-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Heheheh..how melodramatic things can become sometimes. Hope next time she won't be THAT secretive :D

marik
11-27-2007, 05:49 AM

yeah its over now! and Brad is right! XD!;)

cocoroa
11-27-2007, 08:03 AM
Of course i can wait forever an ever and ever and ever and ever

rwd716
11-27-2007, 09:29 AM
For some fans, you are correct. Some will come looking for the previous Alizée and be faced with a new and different Alizée.

I hope most fans understand a beautiful voice and spirit knows no age. As long as she carries her spirit forward in the new songs and new look, that's what counts for me.

Right on, her voice is just as beautiful as when I first heard it.

SilentFox
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Yep the wait is over for her! now the only thing we need to wait for is the new album!

Merci Alizée
05-18-2012, 09:38 AM
My opinion ( hi , by the way !) is that the return will not be easy... there is a strange situation growing up : what i would called the "first Alizee" seems to have her own fame on the Net... Photos and videos of the first ( and now gone) period are seducing more and more fans. There is a confusion ,i think, around this.
The "new Alizée" will be very different, she's grown up, she's a mother, and i don't think she keep a so good memories of her debut...

( sorry if you dont understand everything, i'm French...)

Exactly what happened after the return.

Rictor
05-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't know where you guys keep finding these prophetic old threads, but this is pretty cool. I wonder how many current threads with outrageous predictions will also turn out to be true. :)

Edcognito
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
ATTACK OF THE NECRO THREAD!

:eek:

Jake04
05-18-2012, 06:58 PM
I really feel for those guys. That must have been a very tough period for them. No news, no photos, no videos - nothing.

We're the spoiled ones. :p Alizee spoils us with her daily tweets and almost daily pictures and some performances now and then, AND a new album! And yet some people are still complaining! :(

I just hope she doesn't go into seclusion again and leave all of us out in the dark for good! :cry:

User22
05-18-2012, 09:20 PM
People always complain...I am sometimes guilty...not really thou :p

OGRE
05-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Been five years since my last post in this thread...I'm still here.

Not just for the wait. But a bit more. One thing Alizee did for me was open up my eyes to the larger world of music and entertainment....you really don't need to know the words to appreciate it.

So while I wait, I've expanded my horizons....from Latin America...to other European countries, Eurasia, and Japan and Korea. At the moment, I'm with K-Pop. So I'll leave with the following gem I found recently. Beautiful piano, voices, and theme. If you trace its genealogy in my world....my connection.....it will flow back through this board and ultimately back to our Star. A multi-year journey. Well worth it. Not an Alizee production. But the connection is there for me.

"Goodbye My Love".....most of the song is about forgetting someone you once loved...banishing the memories from the heart. Only to find out in the end, it cannot be done. Perhaps a metaphor for some of us here....Goodbye My Love:

http://youtu.be/SJXzKdCVJfM

Un-rêve
05-25-2012, 09:46 PM
"Goodbye My Love".....most of the song is about forgetting someone you once loved...banishing the memories from the heart. Only to find out in the end, it cannot be done. Perhaps a metaphor for some of us here....Goodbye My Love:

How true.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kyUHM5021Do" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>