PDA

View Full Version : Mademoiselle Reznor - A Mashup of Alizée vs. Nine Inch Nails

LadyCameronXIII
11-08-2009, 12:44 AM
What happens when you watch a video/hear a song enough times that something just clicks inside of you, prompting you to action? Mes amis, this is what happens...

I came across "Mademoiselle Juliette" on YouTube one day and, like everything else Alizée so far, I found myself falling for the song.

My first thought upon hearing the song--then listening to it again and again again--was, "This needs more guitar; it's not hard enough in the chorus."*

After a while, however, something had, indeed, clicked in my mind: The dance sequence.

I don't know how or why, but at that moment, I noticed that said sequence matched up with a specific section of music from a completely different part of the musical spectrum: The synth solo found in "The Hand That Feeds" by Nine Inch Nails.

A few months later, with the help of Audacity 1.3.7 beta, the multi-track files of "THTF" from the NIN website, and an .mp3 of the a capella track of "MJ," I was able to give birth to this idea of mine.

Madames et monsieurs, I give you "Mademoiselle Reznor," Alizée vs. Nine Inch Nails (and possibly the only mashup of Alizée vs. x around, as far as I know):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/vxd0gzozjm1/Mademoiselle Reznor.mp3

Let me know what you guys think! Bonne ecoute !

*My music tastes tend to run dark, and though I may have become more mellow in my age, well, I'm still a goth at heart... or something. :p

Ben
11-08-2009, 01:32 AM
(and possibly the only mashup of Alizée vs. x around, as far as I know)
Well I've heard Mademoiselle Juliette mashed with some Brittney Spears tracks, but this is much more my taste. Very cool, thanks! Great work!

LadyCameronXIII
11-08-2009, 01:35 AM
Well I've heard Mademoiselle Juliette mashed with some Brittney Spears tracks, but this is much more my taste. Very cool, thanks! Great work!

Britney... quoi ? Pourquoi ? *cries*

Okay, I'm done. Anyway, you're very welcome! *bisous*

Chuck
11-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Lady Cameron, that`s incredibly weird. But so creative, and it actually works! I`m not the biggest NIN fan, but on the other hand, MJ may be MA`s weakest song on Psych - a great song, but not too musically complex. Doesn`t sound as good as the rest of the album after 30 - 40 consecutive spins. Without the driving beat, it would fall apart. Which makes it ideal for a mashup or two, at least. A sonic makeover!

Which is what you`ve done here, most expertly. And with an even stronger beat. I especially was surprised by Trent`s vocals in the bridge there! People have suggested Alizée could do a lot of duets with a lot of people, but nobody`s ever suggested Reznor before!

On the other hand, if anyone had suggested that here, they`d be laughed at and dismissed. This is the sort of thing that requires proof. And you`ve proved it, swished a 3-pointer, touching nothing but net! Well done!

Puffy likes NIN, if I ain`t misrememberin... We`ll have to see what the experts like him say. (I`m still pre-Goth, so if I was doin`this, I`d a picked X, or the Blasters, or a JD/New Order track. Which woulda been bad, which is probably why I'm not a musician like you or a lot of our people here.)

And I definitely would never have done this, but somebody did: (This may be what Ben referred to...)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/gnhqgmzfmem/IF YOU SEEK AMY (Comedia Dell'Arte Remix).mp3

Has everyone else already heard that? ^ Anyway, Lady C's wins, hands down. :cool:

P.S.: BEN - What happened? You look worried!

LadyCameronXIII
11-08-2009, 03:11 AM
Lady Cameron, that`s incredibly weird. But so creative, and it actually works...

Merci beaucoup, mon ami ! A little more about Trent, though:

The reason I included Trent was a) I needed something there in the middle and b) the idea that Juliette would rather party than deal with Shakespeare's "control" over her--or that whole Montague/Capulet thing--seemed to mesh with Trent's bridge verse and the main point of the song, which could be seen as an indictment in some way (towards who, I'll leave open-ended; I don't have an answer for that one, anyway; mainly was about part A for me).

You know what would be the really cool thing about this? Lili hears this somehow and decides to ditch the DJ behind her and performs the mashup (bootleg in Europe) on-stage. Really wake up the crowd that way. Oui, oui.

Fèvier
11-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Damn this great, im also a rockish metal person so this really fits me too.
love the pic you gave it too

LadyCameronXIII
11-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Damn this great, im also a rockish metal person so this really fits me too.
love the pic you gave it too

Thank you! When I decided that this needed cover art, I obviously grabbed the logos of both Alizée and NIN, and would've just made something using GIMP. But then I realized this needed something more, so I went to Google Image Search to look for something "industrial," only to be disappointed by the results.

So, I went to my own mainstay--Eiffel Tower at night--and came across the the image you see now, which came from AllPosters.com originally, albeit cropped to fit the 300 x 300 px limit on my Sansa Fuze.

Speaking of, the ID3 information was first entered with Audacity, then cleaned up and enhanced with the cover art using EasyTag, all open source software; my OS is Ubuntu Linux 9.04, btw, though I will upgrade to 9.10 shortly.

And there you go. Very happy to see so many people digging on this. :)

Criss_pl
11-09-2009, 12:03 PM
It sounds pretty interesting. Very creative and well...
Great work!!
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Btw. Did you know that plural form of Madame in French is Mesdames, and plural of Monsieur is Messieurs:p

UniCom
11-09-2009, 02:56 PM
I am also going to say you did a pretty good job. Although i'm more of an alternative rock person myself, this was very well done. :)

LadyCameronXIII
11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
It sounds pretty interesting. Very creative and well...
Great work!!
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Btw. Did you know that plural form of Madame in French is Mesdames, and plural of Monsieur is Messieurs:p

LOL Thank you for correcting me. I'm just actually learning how to speak/read/write French (give ya three guesses as to what inspired me to take up the language), so all help is appreciated.

Also: You're very welcome. :)

LadyCameronXIII
11-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh, one more thing about "Mademoiselle Reznor":

You all are free to distribute that file to whomever you want. If it makes it any easier, just give your friends the following URL and tell them to get "MR":

http://mediafire.com/ladycameronxiii

Oh, and you can check out my other files if you want, too. Merci !

lowbeam
11-14-2009, 09:49 AM
Thank you for your effort and for sharing. I'm continuously amazed at the talent and creativity of her fans.