PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Lilly

Tomtentp
12-02-2009, 06:07 PM
So I bought this little game called Dragon Age: Origins the other day.
As in any RPG game you need to create your own character to represent yourself.
And as in anytime I do this I try to create Queen Alizée "Lilly" Jacotey...
Aaand as in everytime before, this suck up hour after hour of detail tweaking until I finally give up in complete failure.

This time went awesomely good compared to my other attempts so I feelt like sharing my success with you guys.

Behold the fair elvish queen!
(Yeah, a bit noncontroversial haircut but the MCE one was the only lilicut I could find :p)

http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/tomtentp/Alizee/Dragon%20Age/DAOrigins2009-12-0217-43-56-78-1.jpg

"J'ai la peau douce..." :wub:
http://i538.photobucket.com/albums/ff341/tomtentp/Alizee/Dragon%20Age/DAOrigins2009-12-0217-44-59-32.jpg

user472884
12-02-2009, 06:16 PM
yea... uh... hmmm...

wasabi622
12-03-2009, 01:21 AM
give us a side view!!

the nose is really the important part of the face. it gives her face the Lillyness. :p

Tomtentp
12-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Heh, well now when I see it the day after it kinda look like crap...

:C

Damn I really thought I had her pinned....
Oh well, back to the workshop ..

Karlalizee
12-03-2009, 11:58 AM
yea... uh... hmmm...

i agree jalen :eek:

Tomtentp
12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
i agree jalen :eek:

Yeah yeah, keep kicking when I'm already down :(

Pjoo
12-03-2009, 05:16 PM
So I bought this little game called Dragon Age: Origins the other day.

It was intresting for around 9 hours. It's kinda like NWN just with a lot less options in upgrading your character, especially when half of the options you have are either totally useless(2h warrior, tanking warrior, archer would probably fall in this category too) or totally overpowered(tanking mage, (tanking) rogue, any other mage), it's kinda umm... Bad.

Yeah yeah, keep kicking when I'm already down
"Is he dead yet?"

Anyways, so I wouldn't just post to say how much the game sucks... I really hate roleplaying Alizée. It's just um... Somehow doesn't feel right playing character pretending to be her. I do often roleplay "some" crazy french king hellbent on conquering Corsica and renaming the capital to Lilly Town when I happen to be playing Europa Universalis 3 though.

Tomtentp
12-03-2009, 05:35 PM
It was intresting for around 9 hours. It's kinda like NWN just with a lot less options in upgrading your character, especially when half of the options you have are either totally useless(2h warrior, tanking warrior, archer would probably fall in this category too) or totally overpowered(tanking mage, (tanking) rogue, any other mage), it's kinda umm... Bad.

Well the strenght of this game, just as the KOTOR games, does not lay with the gameplay, it's the story that makes it worthwhile. If you'r not that type of player who likes storydriven roleplays or adventure games then this game would probably suck for you.

Diablo III will probably kick the living out of this when it comes to gameplay.

"Is he dead yet?"

Nah, keep em coming. I can take a couple of more ^^

Anyways, so I wouldn't just post to say how much the game sucks... I really hate roleplaying Alizée. It's just um... Somehow doesn't feel right playing character pretending to be her. I do often roleplay "some" crazy french king hellbent on conquering Corsica and renaming the capital to Lilly Town when I happen to be playing Europa Universalis 3 though.

I kinda enjoy tackling the dilemmas and intrigues from a "what would lilly do" point of view. Don't have to overdo it thou, just a game after all ;)

user472884
12-03-2009, 06:38 PM
Diablo III will probably kick the living out of this when it comes to gameplay.

I agree with Tomtentp...

Pjoo
12-04-2009, 12:56 AM
Well the strenght of this game, just as the KOTOR games, does not lay with the gameplay, it's the story that makes it worthwhile. If you'r not that type of player who likes storydriven roleplays or adventure games then this game would probably suck for you. I do like storydriven roleplays, but the gameplay is important for me too. Especially the diversity I have building my character, I kinda like the challenge of making totally random stuff work.

I kinda enjoy tackling the dilemmas and intrigues from a "what would lilly do" point of view. Don't have to overdo it thou, just a game after all ;)Yeah, well, it's just my personal opinion(Oh, what the hell... That is heresy, I will set you on fire!).

Karlalizee
12-04-2009, 08:57 AM

aww i am sorry hunny :wub:

Tomtentp
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
aww i am sorry hunny :wub:

It kinda hurts here...
And here..
And alittle over here aswell..

The Gate Keeper
12-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Glad Im not the only won who makes characters in RPGs that look like my favorite Singers.

Karlalizee
12-05-2009, 01:18 AM
It kinda hurts here...
And here..
And alittle over here aswell..

aww hugs and kisses :wub:

lilly
12-05-2009, 06:49 AM

Hey I think it's pretty good! For the limited customization the game offers it's great! :)

So how's the game?! Been thinking of picking it up, but I keep hearing polar reviews, also I still need to finish Mass Effect before I can get this. :rolleyes:

Maquis
12-05-2009, 10:07 AM
Wow, I have to admit there is definitely something, nice work, besides the graphics are pretty great.
I wonder how she would look in the Sims 3. :p

I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands on that game yet, but I "heard" it was interesting and original? No clue.

Can you use Lilly-Fu against your opponents?
That's definitely something I would dig.

Tomtentp
12-15-2009, 07:20 PM
Oh crap, sorry for ignoring you guys :Z

Glad Im not the only won who makes characters in RPGs that look like my favorite Singers.

Hah, may I ask which the other ones are?
Have you tried the ElderScrolls:Oblivion character creation tool, like 357 settings to tweak with. Trives you nuts :p

aww hugs and kisses :wub:
Ty for hugs!
Everyone needs hugs once in awhile =)

Hey I think it's pretty good! For the limited customization the game offers it's great! :)

So how's the game?! Been thinking of picking it up, but I keep hearing polar reviews, also I still need to finish Mass Effect before I can get this. :rolleyes:

Tell you the truth, it kinda slipped out and Modern Warfare II kinda slipped in instead ^^
And yes, I have Mass Effect in my games-to-complete-before-I-die list aswell :p

Wow, I have to admit there is definitely something, nice work, besides the graphics are pretty great.
I wonder how she would look in the Sims 3. :p

I haven't had the opportunity to put my hands on that game yet, but I "heard" it was interesting and original? No clue.

Can you use Lilly-Fu against your opponents?
That's definitely something I would dig.

Guess that's the thing, the game need more action. Working on a game named Lilly-Fu fighters actually. A veeery slow progress but still. Was gonna finish it for her 25th but I guess that deadline kinda failed ;)

Tchaikovsky
12-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Looks more like her in this game than anything you could do in oblivion...

AlizéeDuSiècle
01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
i liked it

HelixSix
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
give us a side view!!

the nose is really the important part of the face. it gives her face the Lillyness. :p
Maybe her nose could be replicated, but there is absolutely no way her smile could be...with the exception being her daughter who might inherit that gift.

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I tried the same thing on both TES IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3. Never could any human recreate her face. It is foolish to try, yet we do anyways.

FanDeAliFee
03-02-2010, 03:42 AM
It is hardly impossible for a celebrity to <i>license</i> her likeness for use in things like video games. And the digital models one can build are now very good. I sketch a <i>very</i> incomplete history of them <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Technology/VirtualActors.htm">here</a>. As I reflect on it, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looker"><i>Looker</i></a>, the 1981 Sci-Fi mystery film about models, which is profiled at the top of this history, is almost a metaphor for what is starting to happen three decades later now in 2010 to the recorded arts community, especially singers. They digitize you and then they economically "bump you off" through copyright piracy, so they needn't ever pay you to perform again! Arrgh!

If I was a famous face looking to play in the virtual world, I'd be inclined to try MMORPG's, because of the relatively good security possible by keeping the model of me on the commercial purveyor servers, rather than on a storage medium on client machines in the hands of the consuming public.

It would be pretty cool to be able to visit "Lilly Town" in something like <i>Second Life</a>!

Tomtentp
03-15-2010, 04:31 PM
It is hardly impossible for a celebrity to license her likeness for use in things like video games. And the digital models one can build are now very good. I sketch a very incomplete history of them here (http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Technology/VirtualActors.htm). As I reflect on it, Looker (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looker), the 1981 Sci-Fi mystery film about models, which is profiled at the top of this history, is almost a metaphor for what is starting to happen three decades later now in 2010 to the recorded arts community, especially singers. They digitize you and then they economically "bump you off" through copyright piracy, so they needn't ever pay you to perform again! Arrgh!

If I was a famous face looking to play in the virtual world, I'd be inclined to try MMORPG's, because of the relatively good security possible by keeping the model of me on the commercial purveyor servers, rather than on a storage medium on client machines in the hands of the consuming public.

It would be pretty cool to be able to visit "Lilly Town" in something like Second Life!

Awesome report there mr!
Emily seriously freaked me out the first time I saw her.
Imagine how you can put your life in serious jepordy by paying a visit to that photosphare machine. All of a sudden you'll see yourself robbing a bank in full HD on the news :p

The era of video falsification is about to commence.
Don't trust what you see fellow humans, the cake is a lie! :blink:

Imagine the legendary Lili-nose-crunch with this technology :wub:
<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErODDCNQWdA&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ErODDCNQWdA&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

FanDeAliFee
03-16-2010, 02:56 AM
Awesome report there mr!
Emily seriously freaked me out the first time I saw her...

Do people your age still know about the Swedish supergroup ABBA? I was fond of their work when I was young and it was current. Not too many years from now, all four of them will be gone. Had it been possible to digitize them when they were young, their career might continue as long as there is interest in new work from them, once we learned how to create a good "auditory typeface" from their real voices.

In passing, I will remark how delighted I was when YouTube debuted and I got to see so many *real* ABBA performances recorded decades ago, but totally new to me. I had never before heard them sing in French, Spanish, German or even Swedish. They seem to do a good job in all of these languages to me!

Tomtentp
03-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Do people your age still know about the Swedish supergroup ABBA? I was fond of their work when I was young and it was current. Not too many years from now, all four of them will be gone. Had it been possible to digitize them when they were young, their career might continue as long as there is interest in new work from them, once we learned how to create a good "auditory typeface" from their real voices.

In passing, I will remark how delighted I was when YouTube debuted and I got to see so many *real* ABBA performances recorded decades ago, but totally new to me. I had never before heard them sing in French, Spanish, German or even Swedish. They seem to do a good job in all of these languages to me!

The main trouble with human psychology is that, even thou we constantly are, we hate being manipulated or "told what to do". It doesn't matter if it's completely aligned with our own thoughts and beliefs.

Even if the digital ABBA were to be an exact replica of the real deal, and robot versions of the band members with 100% realism were to be created, people would feel "fooled". Just as you mentioned with the manipulated voices of todays pop singers, it doesn't matter as long as there is a real person to "look at".

Just look at the ruling system for example. You vote for a person (the president) to rule the nation, even thou he/she have a numberous group of people taking the real decisions. It is much easier to make up your mind weither you like a person or not than making up your mind about a full group of people. In Sweden we vote for parties but there is always a spokesman for every party to serve as the president kind of role.

We want to see what we believe in (which oddly enough completely collides with most religions :p)
EDIT: Oh right, forgot about the preist/prophet/shaman etc.. role in religion; To have someone to look at!