PDA

View Full Version : Alizée goldfish

Moe
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
lol :D
RMJ:OMA... The fishy got some girl attached to it's butt !
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9152/fishygo3.png

nice one RMJ

RMJ
10-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Oh noes ! They fishy got here already ! She's quick swimmer !

Sir Wood
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
OMG, that is hilarious! Thanks, that made my day! :D

zemasterzzz
10-10-2006, 07:10 PM
lol the irony

DJ_Greg
10-10-2006, 07:11 PM
That's hysterical.

General Patton
10-10-2006, 07:33 PM
ok......
(ten word thingy)

rwd716
10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
LOL, nice!

Urb4n
10-11-2006, 12:51 AM
Is anybody else watching the little fish swim?

C-4
10-11-2006, 06:54 AM
Thats' great!

RadioactiveMan
10-11-2006, 10:25 AM
Jesus, that's hilarious. I almost died.

rcs
10-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Most popular fishy in the sea. :D

O Rly
10-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Too bad you can't catch it, only watch.

DJ_Greg
10-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Is anybody else watching the little fish swim?

Er...swim?

NANAKI
10-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Instead of the goldfish being under her she's under it hahahaha. I love the irony

RMJ
10-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Now also high quality wallpaper available. ;)

What if...
http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/wallpapers/rmjalizee_wallpaper_0088_small.jpg (http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/wallpapers/)

http://www.3rdw.net/alizee/wallpapers/

Clicking the link/image gives you download options...

DJ_Greg
10-13-2006, 02:38 AM
Nice! All of them, actually. Good work!

aditya8617
10-13-2006, 05:12 AM
lol, I just woke up and I saw Alizee inside a goldfish, what a start to my day!

nice RMJ and thanx for the wallpaper.

Sir Wood
10-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Thanks for that wall paper! I could use that at work and no one would be the wiser.

You know how it is with being "politically correct" at the office. :rolleyes:

erben
10-18-2006, 02:03 PM
:D hahahah

rwd716
10-18-2006, 10:33 PM
Welcome erben!!!! Tell me, coming from the country that Alizée is most proud of, when did you learn of her?

General Patton
10-19-2006, 06:25 PM
Welcome erben!!!! Tell me, coming from the country that Alizée is most proud of, when did you learn of her?
WHAT?
Alizee is most proud of ENGLAND??? WTF

Twitch
10-19-2006, 07:06 PM
WHAT?
Yes, she has stated that because French artists very rarely if ever break into the UK markets she was quite proud of having her album sell well enough there to be invited to perform there. It was how she answered when asked what was her favourite country that she performed in was, saying she had no favourite but was most proud of being able to perform in the UK.

And welcome to the site erben :)

aFrenchie
10-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes, she has stated that because French artists very rarely if ever break into the UK markets
Not only the French artists of course. The British music market is almost 100% closed to anything non-English. The US market is even worse I think :(.

DJ_Greg
10-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Not only the French artists of course. The British music market is almost 100% closed to anything non-English. The US market is even worse I think :(.

Well, not quite. We get a rather large number of British imports (especially in the indie rock scene..."hipster" bands from the UK do quite well in the current NYC scene...see the Arctic Monkeys, Editors, etc). Non-English speaking bands don't do well in America, at all. Except maybe Spanish-language, and then that's a niche market.

It made me laugh when The Cars had that #1 song in every country but the U.S., and got all pissed-off about it in an interview. Sorry, kids. We didn't like your song. Deal with it. :D

rwd716
10-19-2006, 11:11 PM
WHAT?

Yeah, she said it here at about 22:00
http://moi-alizee.us/play/?v=4

aFrenchie
10-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Well, not quite. We get a rather large number of British imports (especially in the indie rock scene..."hipster" bands from the UK do quite well in the current NYC scene...see the Arctic Monkeys, Editors, etc). Non-English speaking bands don't do well in America, at all. Except maybe Spanish-language, and then that's a niche market.
Oops, I meant that the British market is closed to "non-in-English" material, not to stuff from outside their country. And so you're confirming me when I said it also applies to the US (even worse?).

DJ_Greg
10-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Oops, I meant that the British market is closed to "non-in-English" material, not to stuff from outside their country. And so you're confirming me when I said it also applies to the US (even worse?).

In that case, definitely. I don't know how bad it is in Britain, so I can't say if it's "worse" or not, but we get a song with some non-English lyrics in the US maybe once or twice every 10 yrs, if that. Sting's "Desert Rose" (some lyrics in Arabic) comes to mind, as does Rammstein's "Du Hast."

In fact, without doing any research, I'd guess that Rammstein's song might be the only non-English single to hit it big in the US in a VERY long time...maybe since another German song, Nena's "99 Luftballoons" in the early 1980s. Either way, it's nearly impossible for songs with non-English lyrics to get played on US radio...except Alizée in Piscataway NJ, of course. ;)

aFrenchie
10-20-2006, 06:58 PM
I dont't know if Alizée did it well in England with her four songs in English, after Moi..Lolita.
RMJ where are you? :D

bt_bird_90
10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
In that case, definitely. I don't know how bad it is in Britain, so I can't say if it's "worse" or not, but we get a song with some non-English lyrics in the US maybe once or twice every 10 yrs, if that. Sting's "Desert Rose" (some lyrics in Arabic) comes to mind, as does Rammstein's "Du Hast."

In fact, without doing any research, I'd guess that Rammstein's song might be the only non-English single to hit it big in the US in a VERY long time...maybe since another German song, Nena's "99 Luftballoons" in the early 1980s. Either way, it's nearly impossible for songs with non-English lyrics to get played on US radio...except Alizée in Piscataway NJ, of course. ;)

"Macarena"
Sorry, I had to

DJ_Greg
10-20-2006, 09:43 PM
Good call! I forgot all about that one. Still, that makes Desert Rose the only "serious" single to be a big hit in the US while having non-English lyrics.

Macarena, 99 Luftballoons, Du Hast...these were all accepted as "fad" songs. They were considered bubble-gum pop that people think are funny, but don't really respect as great songs.

(As a side note, my friend works with a German girl who says Rammstein aren't popular in Germany...which is why they came to the States).

RMJ
10-21-2006, 01:32 PM
I dont't know if Alizée did it well in England with her four songs in English, after Moi..Lolita.
RMJ where are you? :D
Her English singles (I'm Fed Up and I'm Not Twenty) were only hits in South Korea and Israel. IFU got #1 place in Korea, #2 in Israel. INT got into top 10 in Korea, top 20 in Israel.

They were no success in English speaking countries.

Luc
10-21-2006, 02:03 PM
Were the English singles released in many countries ?

Not in The Netherlands, but here only Moi Lolita, L'Alizé and J'en Ai Marre were released as singles.
Yes RMJ, they even forgot A Contre-Courant :p

RMJ
10-21-2006, 02:11 PM
No, they weren't released in many countries.

aFrenchie
10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
No, they weren't released in many countries.
Logically, she did it for the British audience. Maybe she didn't pronounce English well enough for them... :rolleyes:

Twitch
10-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Not many indeed, the I'm not Twenty Remixes were released in Canada, so was the Gourmandises Album but that was it. Thought it kind of strange that they released the I'm not Twenty remixes here when Mes Courants Electriques was never released here. The copy I bought of MCE here was the imported French version, without the English songs.

EDIT: Since the remixes were released here I wonder if any of the TV stations got a copy of the English I'm Not Twenty music video, I'll check into it to see if I can't get a better copy to upload.

RMJ
10-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Logically, she did it for the British audience. Maybe she didn't pronounce English well enough for them... :rolleyes:

They weren't released in Britain, AFAIK.

Was they made for British markets ? I don't believe so. Or maybe there was some intent but Mylène decide not to go to British markets with them. The English songs were mostly released in non-English-speaking countries.