PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a French Translation

paintballpdh19
01-31-2010, 10:51 PM
please help... how would you say " The beautiful love of my life" in French :wub: thanks

FanDeAliFee
01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
please help... how would you say " The beautiful love of my life" in French :wub: thanks

Use Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/) and become "multilingual" overnight!

paintballpdh19
01-31-2010, 11:51 PM
Use Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/) and become "multilingual" overnight!

i tried that but i wanted to know what it was from a person who knows french... bewcause as a spanish student, i know that translators are rarely right, they don't translate it in the exact meaning, they just translate exact words.

Criss_pl
02-01-2010, 07:44 AM
I find Google Translate as a really good French-English translator, but I agree with your doubts, online translators are only machines. Context is always very important, so if you put only a single phrase, it's somewhat difficult to translate it exactly as you want it to be translated into French. It can even lead to some misunderstandings, but your phrase can be translated into something like:
"Le bel amour de ma vie", but it doesn't sound good;
"Le grand amour de ma vie", or just
"L'amour de ma vie"

However, I think that a native French speaker could clear all things up and provide a perfect translation:)

paintballpdh19
02-01-2010, 10:30 AM
I find Google Translate as a really good French-English translator, but I agree with your doubts, online translators are only machines. Context is always very important, so if you put only a single phrase, it's somewhat difficult to translate it exactly as you want it to be translated into French. It can even lead to some misunderstandings, but your phrase can be translated into something like:
"Le bel amour de ma vie", but it doesn't sound good;
"Le grand amour de ma vie", or just
"L'amour de ma vie"

However, I think that a native French speaker could clear all things up and provide a perfect translation:)

so anyone fluent in French that could help out??

SDB
02-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I'd go for "Le bel amour de ma vie" or "Le grand amour de ma vie"

Piblokto
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I'd go for "Le bel amour de ma vie" or "Le grand amour de ma vie"

I vote for "Le grand amour de ma vie"...

Bigdan
02-01-2010, 03:01 PM
I vote for "Le grand amour de ma vie"...

"Le bel amour de ma vie" is what match the best. it's a little bit old fashioned, but very romantic.

"Le grand amour de ma vie" is more about " the only love of my life".

Sir Wood
02-01-2010, 08:52 PM
"Le bel amour de ma vie" is what match the best. it's a little bit old fashioned, but very romantic.

"Le grand amour de ma vie" is more about " the only love of my life".

Why wouldn't you go with: "La belle amour de ma vie" ?

user472884
02-01-2010, 10:00 PM
"The Beautiful Love of My Life"

Hmm... that sounds strangely familiar...

Oh, by the way, you should go with "Le Bel Amour de Ma Vie".

Where have I heard or read something like that before? Oh jeez... this is so weird, I feel like the answer is right below me and I can't see it.

:)

OGRE
02-01-2010, 10:02 PM
C'est Tout pour toi
Je donnerais n'importe quoi
L'amour que j'ai en moi...
C'est
Tout pour toi
Tu est le seul en qui je crois
L'émotion dans ma voix
C'est tout pour toi

:p

paintballpdh19
02-02-2010, 12:10 AM
"The Beautiful Love of My Life"

Hmm... that sounds strangely familiar...

Oh, by the way, you should go with "Le Bel Amour de Ma Vie".

Where have I heard or read something like that before? Oh jeez... this is so weird, I feel like the answer is right below me and I can't see it.

:)

i had no idea that was ur sig :p i wanted to make a sig with this phrase in it... is it ok to plagerize ur words o should i change it up a little bit?:rolleyes:

Bigdan
02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Why wouldn't you go with: "La belle amour de ma vie" ?

Cause, in French, "Amour" is masculine. :)
So it's "bel" and not "belle".

Sir Wood
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Cause, in French, "Amour" is masculine. :)
So it's "bel" and not "belle".

Ok, thanks! I was curious because of the latter usage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_belle_amour.

Bigdan
02-05-2010, 05:29 PM
Ok, thanks! I was curious because of the latter usage here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_belle_amour.

:confused:

That's a poetic turn of phrase... ( but I never seen it before...)

Sir Wood
02-05-2010, 05:33 PM
:confused:

That's a poetic turn of phrase... ( but I never seen it before...)

Ouais, I guess it depends if the OP wants to be poetic or grammatically correct. :D