PDA

View Full Version : [2010-02-11] Limelight (New Song... in English!)

battousai
02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
snippet of alizee song limelight up on opendisc for those who preordered

Mod Edit:

HD video preview:

<object width="853" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="853" height="505"></embed></object>

Mod Edit:

Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud:

http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/

http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/media/01/00/811533189.jpg

Ben
02-11-2010, 01:28 PM
A 1:20 sample of Alizée's upcoming music video, "Limelight", has been posted to her he Opendisc site! Please do not share the clip here for the moment, it's a bonus for those who spent a lot of money pre-ordering the album. I'm sure it will make the rounds publically soon! By the way, it's in English! ;)

brad
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
A 1:20 sample of Alizée's upcoming music video, "Limelight", has been posted to her he Opendisc site! Please do not share the clip here for the moment, it's a bonus for those who spent a lot of money pre-ordering the album. I'm sure it will make the rounds publically soon! By the way, it's in English! ;)

just listened to it, can't wait to hear some initial reactions. really cool that is was in english

Tupuz
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Very interesting clip! It is totally different from her earlier work. My first reaction is positive, but I have to digest it a bit more...

EDIT: Well, after digesting it for a while, I must say I love it! Although I expected the album would be electronic, the first hearing was still a bit shock, but after a couple of listenings this sounds very good. She sings very well and the atmosphere of the music is fantastic.

Karin
02-11-2010, 02:15 PM
fantastic :wub:
and when I saw that I have e-mail from "Alizée" my reaction was "omg" :D

ALS
02-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I think it is great that she is putting out these teasers. :D
Definitely Techno and much different from anything she has done before.

I also was shocked when I opened up my Email and saw I got Mail from Alizée

UniCom
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I am glad to see this is already taking shape.

I don't know about you guys but even though it is different than things she has done before, but so far I love it.

What do you guys think?

Sir Wood
02-11-2010, 02:36 PM
I'm loving what I'm hearing so far. This is so exciting! :D

brad
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
i will be honest, my initial reaction is not good. but this is just a 1 minute sample from an entire album. i will hold my judgment until after the album comes out.

the electronica thing scares me... i am afraid this is going to be strictly an electronica album and not an alizee album.

RadioactiveMan
02-11-2010, 02:41 PM
It's a bit of what I expected to hear and a bit of something else, which I enjoy; evolution is everything that I hoped for in the new sound.

Ben
02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I like the overall sound a lot, and I think it's really really good that Alizée's trying something new. It's even more radically different than Psychédélices. However, I don't find the melody all that catchy in the sample. But as Brad said, it is just one minute, so too early to judge. The video is retro-stylish, though also pretty low-budget looking. I think it's cool that that they're trying to reward the fans who dug deep into their wallets for this pre-order!

JEP
02-11-2010, 03:09 PM
I Love It So Far,So Different From The Last Cd.The Video Is Very Cool A Lot Better Than The Psyche Videos.;););)

Addict
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Awesome. I can't wait to hear the rest of the album. Too cool.

Nafas
02-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Love it, but shure hope that there will be some french songs xD

Roman
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
This is as everyone says quite different and I would add adult sounding. The thing is, I was 31 when I found Alizée and her sounding more adult is not something I ever had any requirement or expectation of. Anyway, that's just a comment relating to what people have said about her maturing. I don't care either way.

So, I must admit that I don't have any particular interest in eletronica myself and find this the least interesting of the things Alizée has done. I think I'll probably like it better after a while. I will of course want to hear the rest (yes I did buy her album just because...). I'm sorry I have to be honest, but I actually kind of expected this considering the samples of the work done by the people she's working with. This stuff is apparently fairly popular right now, but I guess my tastes just are what they are. Maybe I'll really like something else on there and as was said, this is just a small clip.

I do appreciate the sort of... profound sound that they are going for. I like that sort of thing, just not so much in this simplistic format or this particular genre of music.

Fèvier
02-11-2010, 03:53 PM
I don't think you guys know how much this is pissing me off that I'm still waiting to order the cd. I haven't so far because my dad still hasn't gotten his check in so i have to wait until it does :(

hopefully I can order it in time :o

Rachelizee
02-11-2010, 03:55 PM
Just listened to it now and i love it ! I'm even more excited to hear the rest of the song and the whole album. Yes this sound is quite popular now and i like it if it's done well :p. The video is also pretty cool and looks as experimental as the song.

The fact you get an e-mail marked from Alizée is also a nice little bonus ( won't be deleting that one any time soon ;) ). However , for me , the best thing about all of this is that a the promise of an exclusive preview was kept which , after the Psych era's failures , can only be a positive sign. :)

brad
02-11-2010, 04:00 PM
However , for me , the best thing about all of this is that a the promise of an exclusive preview was kept which , after the Psych era's failures , can only be a positive sign. :)

totally agree with that

Ben
02-11-2010, 04:07 PM
I don't think you guys know how much this is pissing me off that I'm still waiting to order the cd.
I hear ya, and also feel bad for the hardcore fans who simply can't afford the Deluxe edition. Part of me wants to share the clip here for them, but I know that would mostly just allow those to watch who don't deserve it (edit: i.e. the unregistered masses, search bots, etc. Didn't mean any members here!). The only consolation I can offer is that we'll all be hearing the same music soon. In your case, hopefully sooner than most. :)

Ronald
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Well, finally a tiny piece of a new track, and it sounds so different.

Hopefully this is the only song in English, I mean I hope she continue with singing in French

Fèvier
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I hear ya, and also feel bad for the hardcore fans who simply can't afford the Deluxe edition. Part of me wants to share the clip here for them, but I know that would mostly just allow those to watch who don't deserve it. The only consolation I can offer is that we'll all be hearing the same music soon. In your case, hopefully sooner than most. :)

Well yeah, I am going to beg my dad to see if he can order it for me today. :o
But now I'm so hyped up I can't think of anything else but her! :wub:

lefty12357
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I really like it ! And yes, I was surprised to hear her singing in English.

I think it's a good idea to not draw too many conclusions about the whole album based on this one short sample. But I hope that she will have some songs which do not have heavily processed vocals, and with more interesting melodies. I am really looking forward to hearing the whole album.

Do we know this is a single, or is this an assumption? My feeling was this is one of the slow songs on the album and not necessarily a single. I would think she would not be giving us a peek at the first single in this way because it would steal some of the thunder from the official release.

Anyways, I am truly happy the way this whole thing is coming together. Much better than the Psych days, at least so far. And the e-mail from Team Alizée is a wonderful bonus. Hooking up with Opendisc may have been a great move for an artist who doesn't communicate too much.

All in all, I am very optimistic !!! :D

Ben
02-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Do we know this is a single, or is this an assumption? My feeling was this is one of the slow songs on the album and not necessarily a single. I would think she would not be giving us a peek at the first single in this way because it would steal some of the thunder from the official release.
True, I guess it is an assumption. But I doubt they'd make a video for a non-single song. Yeah, that clip could go with any music, but it particularly fits this. Plus, awhile back they said we'd hear the first single in a few days, so dunno...

user472884
02-11-2010, 05:25 PM
I couple of thoughts and responses:
==============
- I open up my laptop and hear "You have a new email from Alizée" and bout near shit myself
- It took me quite a while (I mean a WHILE) to warm up to the radical difference of Psychédélices...
- I haven't seen trippier stuff since the geometric monsters chased me when I took too much Nyquil
- Is this the actual music video? or a little sampler like the video for 5060? I quite hope it's the latter
- Is it really in English? or is it like I'm Not Twenty
- Not digging the electronica
-@Ben: don't post it, part of that fortune paid for our little treats along the way
-@Brad: Totally agree with ya buddy
-----

Overall impression? I'm going to go rock on my bed in the fetal position listening to Moi Lolita for five or six hours.

Honestly, I think she's strayed even farther from the path (in my mind, at least)

Mon Maquis
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
I like the instrumental...

But, it could be anyone on the microphone...you know what I mean ?

I don't recognize Alizee voice, Alizee lyrics, and Alizee language...

I'm not getting any engery from from it. Seems to be lacking a soul.

Just my 2 cents.

ALS
02-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Ditto on not posting the snippet video or audio until the CD officially comes out at least.

The interesting game she is playing. Alizée knows that people that ordered the special edition, will be talking about these Email's on her fan boards.

It may cause more than a few fans to break open their piggy banks, and order it to be part of the small group who got in on it early.

Envy is a very strong motivator.

IncliningPizza
02-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Just listened to the snippet, and I've got to say...

I think this album is going to make us appreciate Psychedelices a whole lot more, that is if this snippet is representative of the entire album.

This is coming from the guy who's favorite album is Psychedelices.

Look, I don't mind electronic music, or techno, as long as it's creative, and the composition has integrity to the genre it belongs in.

But if this entire album is not going to have a single amount of what made her previous three albums (techno but with guitar riffs and actual drums rather than beats) awesome, then I'm going to be truly upset.

Plaz
02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
im not suprised at what it sounds like... i need more to actually make a judgment...

lowbeam
02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
I like it but I'd like to hear more (of course!). It's like that 1 minute snippet of 50/60 that leaked early, it's hard to judge.

I'm most happily surprised that they actually did something for those of us who ordered. It's a nice change from the newsletter I signed up for and never received. Like someone else said, I almost s*** my pants when I got an email from Alizée.

Hello Ross,

As a way of thanking you for pre-ordering 'Une Enfant du siècle', Alizée wants to offer you an exclusive video snippet of the song 'Limelight'.

Just click the 'Connect' button below to see it now.

More Soon!

Plaz
02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
I like it but I'd like to hear more (of course!). It's like that 1 minute snippet of 50/60 that leaked early, it's hard to judge.

I'm most happily surprised that they actually did something for those of us who ordered. It's a nice change from the newsletter I signed up for and never received. Like someone else said, I almost s*** my pants when I got an email from Alizée.

man 50/60 sounded soo amazing i had high hopes for pysch...then it came out and the rest of the album sounded bleh...

User22
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
for the several that said you hope she continues singing in French, well duh she will. She is a French Singer after all. And I sooo hope none of you get mad at me for posting this but on alizee-music.blogspot.com they were saying if they thought people that paid for the Limelight Teaser was worth it...and they said it was on Youtube. So i looked at it. And actually I'll wait til someone replies to this and says i can post the youtube link, cuz although its on Youtube, i think its still copyrighted.

O and sorry guys I only skimmed the pages. but i saw that people didnt want it posted....

but yah I really liked it. She is trying to stay hip and therefore she chose a more modern tone. It wasnt what I expected. I expected some dark tone with a cello in the background playing a sad riff based on the cover and pics that were released haha

Pjoo
02-11-2010, 07:30 PM
I very much like it, even if it happens to be in english :D

HelixSix
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
If the album trends toward electronic/trance/techno music chances are I will definitely approve it.

And remember those types of music aren't far off from the first two albums. Pop and club music are cousins of electronic.

johnkim2222003
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Told you she is a gamer. On the other hand, if this E-mail can bring you guys so much happiness, I think the E-mail itself is worth much more than euro 65.

The interesting game she is playing. Alizée knows that people that ordered the special edition, will be talking about these Email's on her fan boards.

User22
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Told you she is a gamer. On the other hand, if this E-mail can bring you guys so much happiness, I think the E-mail itself is worth much more than euro 65.

o and does anyone want to reveal what that email was about. cuz Jalen said he had to change his pants....but im guessing it was some thankyou thingie

paintballpdh19
02-11-2010, 08:19 PM
man 50/60 sounded soo amazing i had high hopes for pysch...then it came out and the rest of the album sounded bleh...

y does no one like Pysch... i thought it was just as good as the others... just my personal opinion.

mercenaries16
02-11-2010, 08:33 PM
the video is now on youtube its that good or bad ?

user472884
02-11-2010, 09:05 PM
y does no one like Pysch... i thought it was just as good as the others... just my personal opinion.

I started out, and I still am always going to be "faithful" to the Gourmandises era. That's what I discovered, that's what caused this emotionless bastard to feel, that's what changed his life.

I won't lie, I purposely didn't listen to Psychédélices for many months. It was too radical for me since I had spent about 14 hours a day then listening to Moi Lolita non-stop.

Fast forward some baby steps into the pool... Psych still isn't my favorite, and no other album will be

But listen to this... There is a song or two on Gourmandises I don't like. There's a song or two on Mes Courants Électriques I don't like.

I love every single song on Psychédélices. Each one.

Now, I love Psych, but it's not my favorite.

I can't say whether or not I'm going to like the whole album based on this minute twenty, but so far the clouds look a bit dark.

Edit:

I'll wait til someone replies to this and says i can post the youtube link, cuz although its on Youtube, i think its still copyrighted.

Don't hold your breath. I'm not familiar with the legal system of neither the United States or France... but Alizée treated those who paid the fortune with this little teaser, and now the entire world has access. Do you think Alizée wanted that? and when she does eventually find out, do you think she's going to be happy? If you post it, then the original asshole(s) who put it on youtube win.

Karlalizee
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
even though i would love to see the video (and i confess, i did try to look for it on youtube without success) i am still going to wait until i buy the cd. looks like i will be avoiding this thread because it is making so jealous. :p

Fall
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Oh man, I'm worried :(
I have the money now, I've shoveled enough to get it up to 143. I'm about to tell my mother to deposit it in the bank for me when she goes to work tomorrow morning. I get home and turn on my laptop, open firefox, go to the site. I read my subscribed threads, post a little, and then go to New Posts, to see any new threads. I read this one. I laugh, I cry.

I'm excited to see that stuff is happening, and that I'm about to deposit the money into my bank account so I can pre-order the deluxe album, but now that the emails about the new single went out already, I wonder if I'll get that email after the fact. That little piece of satisfaction might not arrive :(

Oh well, at least I'll get the comfort of knowing my copy will come, the bonus wallpapers, the little clip and any other goodies I might have forgotten.

user472884
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM
well, the single itself didn't come out, just a teaser of it

(did it even say it was the single?)

Fall
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM

true, I guess as it said, just a clip. my mistake.

ALS
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM
Guys I was poking around the net and I think there is more than one version of the teaser. If the the other one I found was fan made then it was done very quick and extremely professional. I'm thinking this other version was made for and taken off a French Television broadcast.

Plaz
02-11-2010, 09:47 PM

im pretty sure they said in an email that there was gonna be a clip of the single in a few days once you ordered the album on opendisc...

Junkmale
02-11-2010, 10:18 PM
I like it. It's very Dubstar (YouTube is your friend).

wasabi622
02-11-2010, 10:22 PM
It's in ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Interesting style of music, not at all what I was expecting, but I'm liking it so far.

User22
02-11-2010, 10:25 PM
I like it. It's very Dubstar (YouTube is your friend).

That's where I found it....
O and Fall don't worry there is several weeks til the albums release:(:DSo don't worry, I'm sure you will get a very good dose of unexpected freebees from opendisc, and congrats on shoveling the snow!!!I'm glad it's finally melting away. I am so ready for Spring....and UEdS:D:D:D

paintballpdh19
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
i would also like to hear it in French... everything sounds better in French

Rev
02-12-2010, 03:26 AM
I Love It So Far,So Different From The Last Cd.The Video Is Very Cool A Lot Better Than The Psyche Videos.;););)

Absolutely.

...Do we know this is a single, or is this an assumption? My feeling was this is one of the slow songs on the album and not necessarily a single. I would think she would not be giving us a peek at the first single in this way because it would steal some of the thunder from the official release.

Anyways, I am truly happy the way this whole thing is coming together. Much better than the Psych days, at least so far. And the e-mail from Team Alizée is a wonderful bonus. Hooking up with Opendisc may have been a great move for an artist who doesn't communicate too much.

All in all, I am very optimistic !!! :D

I wonder if the ENTIRE album is in English (I know it's unlikely, but it would be a way to reach an international crowd). :)

By the way, I don't believe this will be a single from her album. I think it is just a song piece.

I like the instrumental...

But, it could be anyone on the microphone...you know what I mean ?

I don't recognize Alizee voice, Alizee lyrics, and Alizee language...

I'm not getting any engery from from it. Seems to be lacking a soul.

Just my 2 cents.

I recognized Alizée instantly. Same texture as the Xmas song.

I will step out on a limb and say that she may in fact be doing an album based on Edie S. If so, this would be a song approximately half way through. And, if so, then the "lacking a soul" as you put it would be exactly what she might be trying to portray (Note: I don't think it was lacking soul, I just am trying to look at it from another direction).

If the album trends toward electronic/trance/techno music chances are I will definitely approve it.

And remember those types of music aren't far off from the first two albums. Pop and club music are cousins of electronic.

I love trance type music (one of the reasons I liked her (& LB) early work so much), however I am not a big fan of C.M.s minimalist electronica. That being said, it is popular in Europe, and that is her primary target area.

I like the growth I am seeing hearing in both her and her willingness to try new directions.

I noted this song was somewhat slow. Didn't someone report that 3/4 of the songs on the album are fast. If so, then this is in some sense atypical from what will be on the album, and it makes it harder to judge the album based on a piece of only one song.

At least now the wait will be short. :)

-------------------

"Tommy can you hear me?"...
(who knows what that line is from?)

Ben
02-12-2010, 03:50 AM
"Tommy can you hear me?"...
(who knows what that line is from?)
Are you kidding me?! More of a Quadrophenia fan myself, though.

wildfire
02-12-2010, 03:53 AM
Yeah, I got this email where the "from" just says Alizée! I felt like a puberty riddle teenager again... well I was with a friend who had just been teasing me about her. I told him that my "french girlfriend" was coming out with a new album and a video soon... Then low and behold an email from "Alizée" come up on my iPhone. I turn it towards him and he just kinda stares... Every so briefly probably having a sliver of belief... Of course I click on it like I'm reading it but its just a letter from opendisk with a link.. When he asked what It said, I just replied.. "its private".. truth is that the damn iShit doesn't load flash so I was screwed to see the video until I got home!!

Yeah my initial reaction was that one after I saw the slower remix video of 50/60... stuff shot on video and processed.. like the teaser videos on her site the past few months.. it has a video-y 1980's look.. which is very deliberate from her... with rich oranges and cool blues complete with 80's style video switcher wipes (using an iconic Alizée profile silhouette) ... very 1980's too.... If you've seen the Tinted photographs that was on her facebook, you have an idea o the look. I already survived the "video experimentation" of the 80's in my youth.. heck I shot quite a bit of it myself! so I'm a little beyond it as far as slickness or wow factor.

The music is also very 80's, early 80's.. With that synth assisted voice, electronic drums (think Knight rider)... but it has a modern sound design for sure. Intentionally 80's but modern.

Her costumes were excellent, from what I can see.. 60's looking, french... or new york too... Her eye make-up was B E A U T I F U L ! You will fall in luv with her again.. 1960's long.. kinda swept back. suits her very nice.. her hair is up, in one bit she has what looks like an elegant mask.. like evening ball "eyes wide shut" mask. In another she has this large Lilly-purple hat on. Also every chic and almost 60's...

So 60's garb shot with an 80's style video.. I guess if it were film, it could pass for the experimental films of the late 60's..

Overall, while it didn't grab me from the start... mainly the 80's sound of pop electronica, I've grown to like it really fast and want to see more. Partly nostalgia from that era... not my fav, but nostalgia nonetheless. But also because its her's and she made it her's.

Like Moby, Alizee is an artist that I'm willing to take a journey with through their soundscape, even if it doesn't grab me at first... Interesting that I tend to luv Moby's Melancholy melodies while Alizee manages to perk me up with hers. Its great to see these artist releasing stuff on their own in this upside-down "opensource" world here anything electronic is assume free and then negotiated UP from there. So for me, the money is well spent supporting an artist that I like to take a journey with.

Rev
02-12-2010, 04:25 AM
Are you kidding me?! More of a Quadrophenia fan myself, though.

Ok, ok... too easy. I was just trying to give an example.

It's possible her album could tell a story.

Ben
02-12-2010, 04:28 AM
It's possible her album could tell a story.
She more or less confirmed that in the Technikart interview, no? Good thing I think, because nearly all my favorite discs are concept albums. :)

Sir Wood
02-12-2010, 10:42 AM
Cat is out of the bag now. :p

@Jive_Epic On parle d'Alizée sur evous.fr http://bit.ly/bNwy4z

ALS
02-12-2010, 11:04 AM

That is the second version I mentioned before that I had found yesterday.

At least Karla will be thrilled

Ben
02-12-2010, 12:12 PM
That is the second version I mentioned before that I had found yesterday.
Definitely looks fan-made, you can see the video capture software logo on the top left in some scenes. Music's the same as on the official site though.

Edit:

Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud. The pre-order exclusivity didn't last long. ;)

paintballpdh19
02-12-2010, 12:27 PM

I like this song...it is diferent than her other music but in a good way. i wonder if this song on the CD will be in French or English? overall I really enjoyed hearing some new material.

kristofer
02-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Definitely looks fan-made, you can see the video capture software logo on the top left in some scenes. Music's the same as on the official site though.

Edit:

If you look at the source code for the blog, the mp3 is available here (http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/media/01/00/1624526077.mp3).

paintballpdh19
02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
If you look at the source code for the blog, the mp3 is available here (http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/media/01/00/1624526077.mp3).

how can you download it??

User22
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM

from the site Sir Wood provided:http://www.evous.fr/musique/Alizee-Limelight-single-clip,9164.html

After presenting the vision of her album A child of the century, Alizée reveals now a first single! This title entitled Limelight has indeed made its appearance on the Internet, to the delight of fans of the young singer. A strong electro piece, beautifully produced and performed in English. I bet he is not the first official single since some major radio stations would probably be reluctant to return to their programming ... Find out below.

sweet full single out now Ben? im chekin it yaoh

kristofer
02-12-2010, 12:35 PM
how can you download it??

To download, right-click the word "here" (which has the direct link to the song) and click "save link as..." and save it! Voilà !

brad
02-12-2010, 12:36 PM
it's actually hard for me to listen to the whole song. i always said i would love whatever she does, but like Mon Maquis said .. she really isn't part of this. The voice 'singing' could be any random person off the street and it wouldn't be any different.

last negative post until the album comes out, promise :)

kristofer
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
It's funny that there is such an adverse reaction to the song.
The first time I heard it, I wasn't entirely positive, but by the third go-around, it definitely grew on me, and now it's on my ipod, so I guess that says everything hahah.

paintballpdh19
02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
To download, right-click the word "here" (which has the direct link to the song) and click "save link as..." and save it! Voilà !

wow that was simple, duh stupid me... but now its on my ipod... love it:wub:

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
02-12-2010, 12:47 PM
:) The song sounds so good!! it has that old school Madonna sound to it. LOL! I cant stop listening to the song! and shes singing in English!! I hope this song becomes a hit here in the U.S. once the album is released, I am thinking of requesting that song on the radio so people here in the U.S. can give it a listen, and hopefully through that there might be some kind of demand from listeners so she might do some concerts here! LOL!! Who's with me? :D

kristofer
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
wow that was simple, duh stupid me... but now its on my ipod... love it:wub:

Hooray for sharing! ;)

paintballpdh19
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
:) The song sounds so good!! it has that old school Madonna sound to it. LOL! I cant stop listening to the song! and shes singing in English!! I hope this song becomes a hit here in the U.S. once the album is released, I am thinking of requesting that song on the radio so people here in the U.S. can give it a listen, and hopefully through that there might be some kind of demand from listeners so she might do some concerts here! LOL!! Who's with me? :D

im down... that would be great if it actually got some recognition in the US

Alex
02-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Ok so if this is the Official Single she is presenting, does this mean radio staions in France and Mexico could start playing the single after today?

Karin
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
finally something positive on this day... love this song :wub:

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Ok so if this is the Official Single she is presenting, does this mean radio staions in France and Mexico could start playing the single after today?

Good question. Well I'm assuming its possible. But I am quite confident the radio stations in Mexico already are getting a demand for this Single. Reason being her music is quite BIG!!! in Mexico city as it is.

User22
02-12-2010, 01:18 PM
im down... that would be great if it actually got some recognition in the US

That would be totes aus!!!gonna DL it now:D

Alex
02-12-2010, 01:38 PM
Good question. Well I'm assuming its possible. But I am quite confident the radio stations in Mexico already are getting a demand for this Single. Reason being her music is quite BIG!!! in Mexico city as it is.

True, she is quite popular in Mexico City, checked some Mexico City's radio stations and ....nada..nothing yet:(, ot's just a matter of time till its out on the radio and we finally see the complete Music Video of the Limelight:p

paintballpdh19
02-12-2010, 01:42 PM
True, she is quite popular in Mexico City, checked some Mexico City's radio stations and ....nada..nothing yet:(, ot's just a matter of time till its out on the radio and we finally see the complete Music Video of the Limelight:p

MUSIC VIDEO!!!! can't wait!:wub:

ALS
02-12-2010, 01:48 PM

If you have Real Player "Free version" you only have to run your cursor over the video and click the "Down Load This Video" box when it pops up.
It will store them under Video's, sub category Real Player Video.

Alex
02-12-2010, 01:49 PM
If you have Real Player "Free version" you only have to run your cursor over the video and click the "Down Load This Video" box when it pops up.
It will store them under Video's, sub category Real Player Video.

Some forums already offer a MEGAUPLOAD download link :(:mad:

Karin
02-12-2010, 02:18 PM
and on youtube too...

JimmyDean23
02-12-2010, 02:28 PM
I finally got to listen to this song and I love it. I am actually excited about the new album now. I had sort of lost interest in Alizee once I discovered SNSD, but now Im back and I cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.

Fish
02-12-2010, 02:37 PM
it's actually hard for me to listen to the whole song. i always said i would love whatever she does, but like Mon Maquis said .. she really isn't part of this. The voice 'singing' could be any random person off the street and it wouldn't be any different.

last negative post until the album comes out, promise :)

Kind of have to agree. Musically, I like it a lot. Similar to a lot of the electronic music I listen to now, but different enough to not be deja entendu.

However, she is pretty much "along for the ride." As an Alizee song, it could actually feature her. It is too... newgaze I guess. I like newgaze, but it isn't what I would expect from Alizee, and it isn't supposed to feature vocals at all. In this, the vocals are too similar to the music (and if I wasn't so out of it I'd remember what the term for that is) and don't stand out at all.

User22
02-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I finally got to listen to this song and I love it. I am actually excited about the new album now. I had sort of lost interest in Alizee once I discovered SNSD, but now Im back and I cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.

good choice to come back man, a good choice indeed...

Alex
02-12-2010, 02:38 PM
I finally got to listen to this song and I love it. I am actually excited about the new album now.

I had sort of lost interest in Alizee once I discovered SNSD, but now Im back and I cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.

I see Barrett has been busy lately; hmmmmm...lol. Gald to hear you have regained interest once again with Alizee. BTW I'm also an SNSD fan...thanks to B. lol:p

ImRawdg
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Just listened to the snippet, and I've got to say...

I think this album is going to make us appreciate Psychedelices a whole lot more, that is if this snippet is representative of the entire album.

This is coming from the guy who's favorite album is Psychedelices.

Look, I don't mind electronic music, or techno, as long as it's creative, and the composition has integrity to the genre it belongs in.

But if this entire album is not going to have a single amount of what made her previous three albums (techno but with guitar riffs and actual drums rather than beats) awesome, then I'm going to be truly upset.

Amen.

Listening to it now, and yeah, it's slow and not a very interesting composition or melody. To be fair, she does much better when she sings in French and maybe they just wanted to release the English one first for whatever reason. The teasers from the website did show an acoustic drum set and guitars, so I assume we will hear more of that. I hope.

I was afraid of something like this when I read that Chateau Marmont were an electronica band.

Zack -Alizee Lover-
02-12-2010, 04:38 PM
its a good song

Azhiri
02-12-2010, 04:44 PM
It lacks emotion to me, if that makes any sense.. I always loved Alizee's songs because she seemed passionate about what she was doing and that came out in her music, and it had a lot of 'soul' in it, if that makes any sense. This doesn't do the same thing for me.

In all likelihood I'm still buying the album, because.. it's Alizee. Besides, this is only a one-minute clip of one song from a whole album. She touched on so many different styles in Psychedelices, who's to say she won't do the same in Une Enfant?

mercenaries16
02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
its strange but actually its my favorite alizee song i cant stop hearing it :S

Hylas1896
02-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Four stars... :D

Now that it's public, it would be nice if the full song was on YouTube. [Never mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klOeFs2usc , but they should have kept the same accompanying picture...]

So, how would you describe this song in genring? Still synthpop of some kind? What adjectives... those genring people have musical description down to a science.

Hylas1896

TheBarrett
02-12-2010, 05:10 PM
She should collab with Justice if she wants to rock some heavy electronic stuff. :p
Just a suggestion

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfDQg2dF8uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CfDQg2dF8uw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

johnkim2222003
02-12-2010, 05:12 PM
I figured that many of us including me in the board have the fetish to SNSD, besides to Alizee. However, I must point out that the one of the dance (kicking) move from SNSD was stolen or copied from Alizee. Watch from 28".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RXOx8bQX0

I see Barrett has been busy lately; hmmmmm...lol. Gald to hear you have regained interest once again with Alizee. BTW I'm also an SNSD fan...thanks to B. lol:p

lefty12357
02-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Having heard the whole song now, I can reaffirm that I really like it. I still hope there is plenty of sonic variety on the album, though.

If this is truly a concept album, one may need to consider each song in context with the whole.

User22
02-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I figured that many of us including me in the board have the fetish to SNSD, besides to Alizee. However, I must point out that the one of the dance (kicking) move from SNSD was stolen or copied from Alizee. Watch from 28".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2RXOx8bQX0

haha yep... gotta love JEAM haha. And for all those out there that say they didn't like how Limelight(even though it is only one song out of a whole album), just remember that she hasto change styles or else she wouldn't have any more fans. She is not going to make Mes Courants Electriques 2. Artists have to change and sometimes it benefits them and sometimes not. And Electronic is a sister of Pop which she has done before.

user472884
02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW MY HEAD!!!!!

Godamnittoalbequerque this is a noggin scratcher...

On one hand, I want to like it, I really really do. As a story it's pretty interesting and the song itself sounds pretty cool...

but on the logical hand... It has a super 80's sound for a 60's themed album and as it's been said before, I wouldn't be able to tell it's Alizée if her name wasn't on it (ok I lied, I can totally hear her suppressed accent, but you get where I'm coming from).

Do I like the song? no. Do I like the song? it's awesome.

P.S. I seem to like answering my own questions in this^ format... slap me if I do it again

P.S.S. Did anyone else think she included a nod to J'ai Pas Vingt Ans?

---------
I'd like to see an official authority say that this is the single, and not an anglicized version? We've known her English translated songs to sound a bit grammatically weird, and right now so does this... I mean, "fright" twice so close together?

P+3S.
On the technical side, they did a wonderful job overpowering and drowning out her voice. I can barely hear her over that theremin-like crap

lefty12357
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
Jipé on www.Psychalizee.net posted this as the track list.

1. Eden, Eden
2. Grand Central
3. Limelight
4. La Candida
5. Les Collines (Never Leave You)
6. 14 Décembre
7. A Cœur fendre
8. Factory Girl
9. Une Fille difficile
10. Mes Fantômes

They are saying that "Les Collines (Never Leave You)" will be the first single to be available on Alizée's official YouTube page on Feb. 17.

AlizéeDuSiècle
02-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Its pretty nice actually its catchy

Srbski-kralj
02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
I liked it, sound preaty good, has a sorda a slow melody type feal we at least to me anyways. But still good song.

Sir Wood
02-12-2010, 07:53 PM
LMAO! Ppl saying they either don't like the song or are on the fence. These are similar comments to when Psychédélices & initial teasers first came out. And now those nay-sayers can't get enough of Psychédélices. The artist can't go pleasing everyone -- damn if you do, damn if you don't. Hold onto your judgments until you hear the entire album. ;)

IMO, Gourmandises & MCE belong to the Mylene Era (her & Laurent's master piece & Lili the voice fronting their work -- yes, she gave her input but we all know who pieced those ideas into what we all love today). Psychédélices is Lili trying to spread her wings and find her sound (I say this because my initial impression was that it was so scattered & hitting various genres). UEDS is what I believe to be Lili narrowing her focus down a bit to form a consistent sounding album but only until we hear the whole album will we know for sure. Stay tune folks... next up, Les Collines (Never Leave You)! :)

nurvonic
02-12-2010, 08:13 PM
i'd say it sounded outstanding :)

lefty12357
02-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Hey, nice to see you around, nurvonic ! ! !

So does anyone think there is any significance to the fact that Alizée did a song in English, or is it simply a song that happens to be in English?

Alex
02-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Hey, nice to see you around, nurvonic ! ! !

So does anyone think there is any significance to the fact that Alizée did a song in English, or is it simply a song that happens to be in English?

Well Im very surprised she released a single in English, I dunno what she is trying to shoot for, but its an interesting proposal. Makes me think.."does she want to re-enter the UK market:confused:...the US market??:confused:, who knows but I like it. :):)

Deepwaters
02-12-2010, 08:21 PM

What's more interesting is that she led with a song in English. She's sung in English before.

I'm at work and can't download the song here so I'll have to wait until I get home to hear the whole thing. But it seems to me that leading with an English song may be a sign that she is interested in breaking into the Anglophone music market.

Which would be altogether :cool:

lefty12357
02-12-2010, 08:38 PM
But most of the English songs in the past were either covers she did for TV shows, or poor alternatives to a few of her French songs. This appears to be a song written in English from the ground up. I hope you guys are right that she is doing this in part, to possibly enter Anglophone markets. She might also have done it because it seemed a relevant thing to do considering the subject matter of the album and where the story takes place.

I hope, and I am confident that most of this album will be in French. I think most of us prefer that. But if nothing else, an English song could be seen as acknowledgment of her English speaking fans.

Topaz
02-12-2010, 08:41 PM
I adore this track!

Why wouldn't an album about Edie have a few English songs? Makes perfect sense to me. ;)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/Dolphin_Enchantment.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-1-1.gif

Edcognito
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM

Edit:

Full song now on the Canal+ blog of Alizée's friend, Mouloud. The pre-order exclusivity didn't last long. ;)

HAI GAIZ! I"M BACK!

I *love* the new song... :wub: Which is really weird, as I can't listen to this kind of music from anyone else...

I kinda expected this kind of turn for her, seeing as who she was working with, and totally expected to not like it...

Wifey just told me "order it and quit mooning around the house..."

:wub: my wifey too!

:D

I heard the song on Mouloud's site first, as that is what the page linked me to... Sometimes its ok to be late!
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Amigo!
02-12-2010, 08:58 PM
HAI GAIZ! I"M BACK!

I *love* the new song...

You sploded again? LOL :p

Edcognito
02-12-2010, 09:06 PM
You sploded again? LOL :p

YEP! My head 'sploded again!

Ed:cool:

P.S. - thanks for reminding me of that - that was a LOL moment for sure!

Fèvier
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
OMG I JUST ORDERED THE COLLECTOR THINGY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::D:wub::D

little late but hey, better than never :rolleyes:
LOVE the new song, but it doesn't match any of her other songs so I guess the album is going into the electronic/techno playlist :D

Edcognito
02-12-2010, 09:47 PM
OMG I JUST ORDERED THE COLLECTOR THINGY!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub::D:wub::D

little late but hey, better than never :rolleyes:
LOVE the new song, but it doesn't match any of her other songs so I guess the album is going into the electronic/techno playlist :D

QFT - My purchase has been made as well!

chazkimies
02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
wow, it's so different but i like it:)

Lerxst
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Jipé on www.Psychalizee.net posted this as the track list.

1. Eden, Eden
2. Grand Central
3. Limelight
4. La Candida
5. Les Collines (Never Leave You)
6. 14 Décembre
7. A Cœur fendre
8. Factory Girl
9. Une Fille difficile
10. Mes Fantômes

Interesting that there are 4 English titles. I wonder if all 4 will actually have English lyrics.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-12-2010, 10:55 PM
She is not going to make Mes Courants Electriques 2.

Why not? it's working for Rob Zombie

Well Im very surprised she released a single in English,

quite interesting indeed.....hmm....

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=140037&postcount=385

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=140039&postcount=387

Deepwaters
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
OK, now I've heard the whole song, and I have several thoughts.

First, I'm thinking this song has meaning on at least two levels. Here are the lyrics, as best I can make out:

Dream always and always
I don’t know where I’m going, looking for the limelight
Bright
I can’t recall where I’ve been in this long, long flight
Light
I always and always
I don’t know if I should learn the ways of ecstasy
We (EDIT: or "oui"? makes more sense)
Stairs – Lights – Music -- Sweat
Scares – Fright – Panic -- Threat

The straightforward interpretation is that it's about Edie Sedgwick, and the difficulties, confusion, and fear involved in being famous, the confusion about identity and the insecurity that eventually led to her death.

On another level, I think this song is saying something about Alizée herself. Superficially, Alizée is very different from Sedgwick -- no drugs or booze, no self-destructive behavior. So it's not quite the same thing being said about Alizée as about Sedgwick. Her Grace simply isn't messed up in the same ways. But I think that she does confront identity questions -- who am I, where am I going -- and a tension between her public and private lives, the difficulty of finding a balance between them. I love that poetic device of the rhyming words at the end. The first four seem to be presenting the picture of glamour, while the second four seem to be going inside, to what she feels.

There is I think a particular way in which her public life is a threat to her inner peace, yet she is pulled to both.

I'm wondering if all of the songs, in addition to telling the story of Sedgwick, will express Alizée's being in the same way. It seems clear to me that this one does.

About the song being in English, it could be that there is no meaning to that other than Alizée wanting to sing songs in multiple languages, knowing that she has fans all over the world. Or it could be as Jung said, Edie Sedgwick was an American, so at least some songs in English makes sense. If there's another meaning, it's probably a personal one that the general public isn't meant to get.

I like this song a lot. I like the music of it, and the poetry of the lyrics, especially impressive since I think none of the songwriters is a native English speaker. The only thing I had to get used to, and this isn't really a criticism, is the distortion of Alizée's voice. I think that's right for this song and works, but I hope that on some of the other cuts we will hear her voice without so much distortion in all its loveliness.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Or it could be as Jung said, Edie Sedgwick was an American, so at least some songs in English makes sense.

No need to give me credit for something I did not say.

pepelepew
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM
I have never liked canned synthesized music and especially synthesized voices. Although it seems to work in this instance. As others have said I would have liked it better if they would have left her voice natural. If they add pure guitar riffs, acoustic drums in most of the other remaining songs even with the soulless electronica sounds I may just like it. I hope that I like it and it is wildly successful. I would be happy if I hate it and it is wildlly successful. Her success is the most important however Alizee defines it. I just want her to be able to continue creating music for ever. By the way if it is all electronica and they leave her pure voice alone I am sure I will grow to like it regardless.:)

Van
02-13-2010, 12:30 AM
I like it. Alizée's gone from one style I loved into another one I love. :D

paintballpdh19
02-13-2010, 01:04 AM
LMAO! Ppl saying they either don't like the song or are on the fence. These are similar comments to when Psychédélices & initial teasers first came out. And now those nay-sayers can't get enough of Psychédélices. The artist can't go pleasing everyone -- damn if you do, damn if you don't. Hold onto your judgments until you hear the entire album. ;)

IMO, Gourmandises & MCE belong to the Mylene Era (her & Laurent's master piece & Lili the voice fronting their work -- yes, she gave her input but we all know who pieced those ideas into what we all love today). Psychédélices is Lili trying to spread her wings and find her sound (I say this because my initial impression was that it was so scattered & hitting various genres). UEDS is what I believe to be Lili narrowing her focus down a bit to form a consistent sounding album but only until we hear the whole album will we know for sure. Stay tune folks... next up, Les Collines (Never Leave You)! :)

exactly... its different than what everyone is used to.. a change.. so everyone says they dont like it because it is different... give it awhile... my first reaction was that i hated it but i listened to it a couple more times and it grew on me very quickly.

OK, now I've heard the whole song, and I have several thoughts.

First, I'm thinking this song has meaning on at least two levels. Here are the lyrics, as best I can make out:

Dream always and always
I don’t know where I’m going, looking for the limelight
Bright
I can’t recall where I’ve been in this long, long flight
Light
I always and always
I don’t know if I should learn the ways of ecstasy
We
Stairs – Lights – Music -- Sweat
Scares – Fright – Panic -- Threat

The straightforward interpretation is that it's about Edie Sedgwick, and the difficulties, confusion, and fear involved in being famous, the confusion about identity and the insecurity that eventually led to her death.

On another level, I think this song is saying something about Alizée herself. Superficially, Alizée is very different from Sedgwick -- no drugs or booze, no self-destructive behavior. So it's not quite the same thing being said about Alizée as about Sedgwick. Her Grace simply isn't messed up in the same ways. But I think that she does confront identity questions -- who am I, where am I going -- and a tension between her public and private lives, the difficulty of finding a balance between them. I love that poetic device of the rhyming words at the end. The first four seem to be presenting the picture of glamour, while the second four seem to be going inside, to what she feels.

There is I think a particular way in which her public life is a threat to her inner peace, yet she is pulled to both.

I'm wondering if all of the songs, in addition to telling the story of Sedgwick, will express Alizée's being in the same way. It seems clear to me that this one does.

About the song being in English, it could be that there is no meaning to that other than Alizée wanting to sing songs in multiple languages, knowing that she has fans all over the world. Or it could be as Jung said, Edie Sedgwick was an American, so at least some songs in English makes sense. If there's another meaning, it's probably a personal one that the general public isn't meant to get.

I like this song a lot. I like the music of it, and the poetry of the lyrics, especially impressive since I think none of the songwriters is a native English speaker. The only thing I had to get used to, and this isn't really a criticism, is the distortion of Alizée's voice. I think that's right for this song and works, but I hope that on some of the other cuts we will hear her voice without so much distortion in all its loveliness.

wow... pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one

User22
02-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Remember guys, Mes Courants Electriques was back in 2003. Lilly does not want to make a Mes Courants Electriques 2 anytime soon, and thats why she is coming out with UEDS. She has to change her style in order for people to keep listening to her.And her giving us a wide variety of genres and styles can wrap up a diverse group of people that like certain styles into her works and therefore get more fans.She has to change and thats what she is doing. And I really like listening to limelight. O and try listening to it with headphones on, preferably noise cancelling ones so you can reach Lil-vana, you will then change your mind about not liking it haha. And if you like it already then listen on people!!!

paintballpdh19
02-13-2010, 01:25 AM
Remember guys, Mes Courants Electriques was back in 2003. Lilly does not want to make a Mes Courants Electriques 2 anytime soon, and thats why she is coming out with UEDS. She has to change her style in order for people to keep listening to her.And her giving us a wide variety of genres and styles can wrap up a diverse group of people that like certain styles into her works and therefore get more fans.She has to change and thats what she is doing. And I really like listening to limelight. O and try listening to it with headphones on, preferably noise cancelling ones so you can reach Lil-vana, you will then change your mind about not liking it haha. And if you like it already then listen on people!!!

thank you.. someone who also sees the up side of the change... i felt like the only one who actually liked Limelight.

wasabi622
02-13-2010, 01:32 AM
I wonder how different the rest of the album will be? I mean, this is just a small small sample.

Just take the other albums for example, and how different the songs were within the same album.

user472884
02-13-2010, 01:39 AM
just an odd penny with no place here at all...

but I just finished watching Dead Ringers (already an obscure Alizée reference)

Listened to Limelight again... totally different mood

wasabi622
02-13-2010, 01:42 AM
just an odd penny with no place here at all...

but I just finished watching Dead Ringers (already an obscure Alizée reference)

Listened to Limelight again... totally different mood

Um.. how does Dead Ringers connect to Alizée? :blink:

user472884
02-13-2010, 01:44 AM
Um.. how does Dead Ringers connect to Alizée? :blink:

Dead Ringers

Jeremy Irons -- Jérémy

Lolita

Moi Lolita

Alizée

-------
I don't know, I haven't felt mentally right for a good week now

wasabi622
02-13-2010, 01:45 AM
Was I the only one hoping to hear that adorable accented English?

Dead Ringers

Jeremy Irons -- Jérémy

Lolita

Moi Lolita

Alizée

-------
I don't know, I haven't felt mentally right for a good week now

Are you familiar with Da Colbert Code? You should check it out. :p

user472884
02-13-2010, 02:08 AM
Was I the only one hoping to hear that adorable accented English?

Are you familiar with Da Colbert Code? You should check it out. :p

You and me both buddy. We'll bitch about it or rather, the lack of it, at the next cult meeting.

No idea what Da Colbert Code is... and neither does youtube

Edit:

So how many times have you guys listened to the song?

iTunes is telling me 65 times including this one I'm listening to as I type

wildfire
02-13-2010, 03:14 AM

I don't think she changes styles because she has to.. I think she changes styles because she wants to. She has this youthful need to experiment and the professional clout to work with who she wants. Bless her for sharing.. :wub: thats why I paid up front for the special edition.. although I argue for the cash strapped folks here.. any edition of her work is a special edition...

I would luv to see her team up with moby.. his soulful, melancholy melodies, her deep, textured voice... perfect blend.. I;m not sure if she;s in the mindset to do that stuff though.. she's usually a happy camper with her melodies.

Edit:

7btw, her official site...

http://www.youtube.com/user/alizeeofficiel

Topaz
02-13-2010, 03:49 AM
NO body will see a duet with Moby anytime soon. Here's why:

Moby & Mylène Farmer - Slipping Away (Crier La Vie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9oZO7WJzA

(Embedding disabled by request)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/16-96.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Perhaps there will be a booklet to acompany the Edie concept album?

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/hearts.gif

Jenny_HRO87
02-13-2010, 05:23 AM
finally she uploaded the video on youtube

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

OndrejSc
02-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Let me be the first to say: "Emperor is naked!" and "Alizee is crazy (as in sick)" and I've had it.

SDB
02-13-2010, 09:12 AM
NO body will see a duet with Moby anytime soon. Here's why:

Moby & Mylène Farmer - Slipping Away (Crier La Vie)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-9oZO7WJzA

care to elaborate on that? couldn't see the video, not available in my country *sigh @ youtube & EMI*

mercenaries16
02-13-2010, 10:38 AM
i dont see any spanish titles what with the spanish song what with the mexican fans :S :(

Deepwaters
02-13-2010, 10:44 AM
i dont see any spanish titles what with the spanish song what with the mexican fans :S :(

La candida.

Bandit
02-13-2010, 11:05 AM
I don't like it at all. She isn't singing and her voice sounds flat. The lyrics don't flow together. Not what I would have picked for a teaser if the album is indeed 3/4 fast beat tracks like was said in the Upcoming Ablum thread.

Hopefully the reported single "Les Collines" will be more to my liking, but this teaser is the type of music I was concerned about when I heard it was going to be a concept album. Then again, I'm older and probably don't get what the new generation likes in music.

Ben
02-13-2010, 11:09 AM
finally she uploaded the video on youtube

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4eCw8fJZ96o&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Ooo, 1080p HD! And with this little bit of info, for what it's worth: "Edited by Partel Oliva. Footage by Pascal Teixeira." Thanks!

Dark Engine
02-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Took her long enough. Seems like she picked up a few things from MF, disappearing for a few years then releasing new material. I dig the English as a French accent on a women drives me crazy, but the beat is a little odd. Guess we'll have to wait and see more.

User22
02-13-2010, 12:17 PM
Took her long enough. Seems like she picked up a few things from MF, disappearing for a few years then releasing new material. I dig the English as a French accent on a women drives me crazy, but the beat is a little odd. Guess we'll have to wait and see more.

it is odd but so oldly-modern, and that's what she was shooting for. And I think it worked in this case. She had the nice electronic sound. O and I figured out that drowning yourself in it with headphones makes you love it so much more haha

Criss_pl
02-13-2010, 12:26 PM
They are saying that "Les Collines (Never Leave You)" will be the first single to be available on Alizée's official YouTube page on Feb. 17.

Single on February 17 would be a fantastic present for my birthday. Exactly this day I'm turning 19:)

Btw. Les Collines means The Hills

What to Limelight, It's very electronic, but overall I like it! Though, I'd prefer the album to be more "voice showing", that we can hear, that what we love so much, Her Grace's lovely voice.

Dark Engine
02-13-2010, 03:55 PM
O and I figured out that drowning yourself in it with headphones makes you love it so much more haha

Wouldn't surprise me, I thought Décollage on the last album was really odd but it grew and me and became one of my fav's.

user472884
02-13-2010, 06:25 PM
I somewhat agree with Bandit...

yea, not the song to hint towards the rest of the album...

but, after you listen to it a lot it kinda grows on you. iTunes counter is up to 103 times.

---------

P.S. Is it "scarce" or "scares"

Ronald
02-13-2010, 06:55 PM
Listening to "Limelight" on repeat modus.....

What can I say?

It sounds like an 80's track

But why does she use a vocoder? I can't recognise her at all, it could be anyone singing:eek:

lefty12357
02-13-2010, 07:42 PM
It sounds like Alizée to me, but yes, a bit different. The effect is somewhat similar (but definitely not the same) to what she did in parts of "Par Les Paupières". Software and hardware are available that will double your voice an octave higher. (It's different than a vocoder.) Another option is to sing the part twice, the second part being sung an octave higher. My guess is they used one of the "artificial methods" because it matches so well and there is a slight portamento effect. It sounds like some other processing is being done too.

I've always felt that Alizée sounds a bit different when she is singing in English and also trying to reduce the effect of her French accent. Add this with the "octave" effect and I can see why some people feel it doesn't sound like her.

While I like the idea of using such effects at times on the voice to provide a different mood or color to the palette, I certainly hope she doesn't do it on every song. I still want to hear the "organic" Alizée voice as well. But for this song, I think it works.

OGRE
02-13-2010, 08:50 PM
Not my style. I've always liked Pop. I have an ear for the individually simple (but collectively intricate) style of Laurent, the rhyme and rhythm of Mylene, and the pop voice of Alizée. The power of the first triad becomes more obvious with each album Alizée releases.

That said, Psychedelices had some nice songs, albeit I did miss some of the composition dimensionality of Laurent.

The Limelight trailer seems shallow (one dimensional) both in voice and in composition. I understand that may be the intent of the song, and it is packaged in a larger album. If it is a contrasting mood song in a larger album, then it might have a place. Even then, I can't see playing it for own sake. Stand alone, it does nothing for me.

I'm happy that some here like it. That's important for Alizée's success. And I do want her to succeed.

Rev
02-13-2010, 09:13 PM
HAI GAIZ! I"M BACK!

I *love* the new song... :wub: Which is really weird, as I can't listen to this kind of music from anyone else...

I kinda expected this kind of turn for her, seeing as who she was working with, and totally expected to not like it...

Wifey just told me "order it and quit mooning around the house..."

:wub: my wifey too!

I heard the song on Mouloud's site first, as that is what the page linked me to... Sometimes its ok to be late!
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

Hi Ed. Good to hear from you again.

wow, it's so different but i like it:)

exactly... its different than what everyone is used to.. a change.. so everyone says they dont like it because it is different... give it awhile... my first reaction was that i hated it but i listened to it a couple more times and it grew on me very quickly.

wow... pretty much hit the nail on the head with that one

Yes. It does grow on you. When I heard the partial, I was lukewarm. However, now that I have heard the entire song, I am MUCH more positive.

I am still not a fan of minimalist electronica, however it works well with what she is trying to portray so I like the song. In fact the more I hear it the more I like it.

It sounds like Alizée to me, but yes, a bit different. The effect is somewhat similar (but definitely not the same) to what she did in parts of "Par Les Paupières". Software and hardware are available that will double your voice an octave higher. (It's different than a vocoder.) Another option is to sing the part twice, the second part being sung an octave higher. My guess is they used one of the "artificial methods" because it matches so well and there is a slight portamento effect. It sounds like some other processing is being done too.

I've always felt that Alizée sounds a bit different when she is singing in English and also trying to reduce the effect of her French accent. Add this with the "octave" effect and I can see why some people feel it doesn't sound like her.

While I like the idea of using such effects at times on the voice to provide a different mood or color to the palette, I certainly hope she doesn't do it on every song. I still want to hear the "organic" Alizée voice as well. But for this song, I think it works.

Me too. :)

Tomtentp
02-13-2010, 10:27 PM
Hello guys, guess I'm late for the party.
Whoa, 14 pages of posts in like 2 days, took me like 1 hour to read through it all:p

Meanwhile I got the time to listen to the song a couple of times and yes, it really grows. The teaser is worthless in portraying the song itself as the full song really builds up towards the end. I would had liked a bit more texture thou, at the very end with the 8 words of wisdome the song is getting really intense, but sadly it also ends right there :C

I'm not quite sure what ya'll going on about with the "vocoder" and flat voice thingy. All I can hear is the multiple voices at different pitchings just as Lefty mentions. It's a pretty neat effect that in my ears adds dimension to the voice rather than removing it. For the song itself I can aggree it get's monotonous.

Yeah a duet like Moby vs. Mylene would be awesome, love that song and it really works having both french and english lyrics in the same song. Dunno why you post a vid that is restricted from Swedish computers Topaz, that's just wrong man :p

Note how they use the effect on Mylenes voice in this, not whole octaves thou which makes difference.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/auPMNYbMv_c&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/auPMNYbMv_c&hl=sv_SE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

wasabi622
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Listening to "Limelight" on repeat modus.....

What can I say?

It sounds like an 80's track

But why does she use a vocoder? I can't recognise her at all, it could be anyone singing:eek:

You hit the nail on the head with this!

I thought it had a bit of an old-school aftertaste to it... and her voice wasn't what I identified with all her other songs.

Srbski-kralj
02-13-2010, 11:37 PM
You hit the nail on the head with this!

I thought it had a bit of an old-school aftertaste to it... and her voice wasn't what I identified with all her other songs.
yeah I agree with you, even thought it is growing on me everytime I watch it but still has that old school feal to it.

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
02-14-2010, 12:04 AM
Around 2 minutes and 42 seconds into Limelight, it reminds me of
Madonnas song "Justify my love" Anyone agree?

<OBJECT width="470" height="353"><PARAM name="movie" value="http://video.rutube.ru/664df818175d558c1db91bde7b64c6d6"></PARAM><PARAM name="wmode" value="window"></PARAM><PARAM name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></PARAM><EMBED src="http://video.rutube.ru/664df818175d558c1db91bde7b64c6d6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="470" height="353" allowFullScreen="true" ></EMBED></OBJECT>

Srbski-kralj
02-14-2010, 12:16 AM

<OBJECT width="470" height="353"><PARAM name="movie" value="http://video.rutube.ru/664df818175d558c1db91bde7b64c6d6"></PARAM><PARAM name="wmode" value="window"></PARAM><PARAM name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></PARAM><EMBED src="http://video.rutube.ru/664df818175d558c1db91bde7b64c6d6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="window" width="470" height="353" allowFullScreen="true" ></EMBED></OBJECT>

yeah I agree with you does have the same music tempo.

User22
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM

VERY VERY....VEEERRRYYYY similar haha. Yah I mean come on guys, who cares if it could be anyone's voice. You have to know that she has to try new things and that just happens to be a slightly different genre of music. The point is is that it is really Alizee behind it. It is a bit bland. And I will say it for the third time now just cuz i can;listen to it with noise-cancelling headphones and you will be swept away to the level of Lil-vana...

paintballpdh19
02-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Wouldn't surprise me, I thought Décollage on the last album was really odd but it grew and me and became one of my fav's.
yeah same for me i love Decollage, but at first i didnt like it

I somewhat agree with Bandit...

yea, not the song to hint towards the rest of the album...

but, after you listen to it a lot it kinda grows on you. iTunes counter is up to 103 times.

lol for me its 97...o wait its on right now soooo 98 lol :p

User22
02-14-2010, 12:19 AM
yeah same for me i love Decollage, but at first i didnt like it

lol for me its 97...o wait its on right now soooo 98 lol :p

I'm not even close. my itunes+ipod is up to about 20 right now haha. but im listening to it now:D

paintballpdh19
02-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I'm not even close. my itunes+ipod is up to about 20 right now haha. but im listening to it now:D

kinda got addicted to it and played it non-stop :wub:

User22
02-14-2010, 12:51 AM
kinda got addicted to it and played it non-stop :wub: Got your iPod stuck on replay?replay ay ay ay ay ay....love that song haah

wasabi622
02-14-2010, 01:40 AM
Am I the only one to tell the emperor that she has no clothes? (a reference to the story) Lets face it.. We all love Alizée and it pains me to say it but the song sucks big-time; I won't tell her it's good when it's really not. To be honest, it sounds like it was written by a first grader. I know Alizée can do much better. I hope the new CD has better songs.

Well it's too early to judge whether or not that song sucks.

At first, I hated all the songs of psychedelices, but now I love it. So had I jumped to the conclusion that all the songs of psychedelices sucked due to my first impression, I would've missed out on a good album.

Besides, maybe you find it to be a terrible songs, but others may genuinely like it, or like me, waiting to make their decision later.

OndrejSc
02-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Am I the only one to tell the emperor that she has no clothes? (a reference to the story) Lets face it..

Beat you to it: :)

Let me be the first to say: "Emperor is naked!" and "Alizee is crazy (as in sick)" and I've had it.

OndrejSc
02-14-2010, 05:14 AM
that Alizée was really Mylène performing in a young, beautiful and willing Corsican's body.

That is the deepest and truest thing I've ever read on this forum.

Bigdan
02-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Are you discovering that she want to go to another music style ?
Now she does what she really want to do , her own track, something more subtle, something dark maybe... She choose to be underground.
The way she show herself now says a lot to me...

It a reaction against what she comes from...

-She has been overexposed, and obviously she didn't liked it.
so she is not affraid to be underground
-She has been "dominate" by a strong personnality
so she want to take her own choices
-She's only know worldwide as an oversexy Lolita, and this is more disturbing than we can imagine...
so she try ( maybe unconsciously) to destroy this image

All this are not good news for us... but we have nothing to say.
She obviously not want to personify a new icon.

Can you do just like if your past didn't happens?
I don't think so... but i wish her the best ,anyway...

itsme22
02-14-2010, 09:45 AM
I don't understand what all this complaining is about and all the comparisons to her albums with Mylène. Would we really prefer for Alizée to be a mini-Mylène for the rest of her career? I wouldn't.

Yes, Psychédélices was a big change, and though in my opinion some of the songs sounded a little forced, it felt a lot more genuine and a lot more Alizée to me.

We can't expect her to be the same girl she was 10 years ago. We all grow and change. And we can't know that even if she did continue with Mylène if we'd like the songs. For me, Mes Courants Electriques is inferior to both Gourmandises and Psychédélices.

We can't expect her to have the same success she had in the beginning. For her, I would like a different kind of success: one that is based more on artistic credibility, not necessarily on sales. I think it would be a good move to get into the underground scene. In my opinion, those are some of the most loyal fans one can have.

We have to remember that this is a concept album. It's going to be a little strange. This doesn't mean that should she release a new album after UEDS that it will also be like this.

To be honest, it sounds like it was written by a first grader.
One could also say the same thing about "J'en ai marre," no?

lefty12357
02-14-2010, 10:43 AM
@itsme22, great first post ! Welcome to AAm !
I think Bigdan makes some good points as well.
We were warned that we may need to approach this new album with an open mind, so I would ask that people give Alizée the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

I like "Limelight" and it has been growing on me. I find the melody going through my head even when I'm not listening to it. Personally, this style of music would not be my first choice for Alizée, nor would going back to the MF/LB style. Alizée is not a songwriter and she is not a musician, therefore I think she may be more easily impressed by people who can create the sounds she likes, rather than their prowess as musicians and songwriters.

Personally, I wish she would delve into songwriting and playing an instrument, even if she does it only for the educational value of it, and not for public consumption. It might help her in making choices. But at this point, I haven't heard the album, so I'm not going to make any judgments. Who knows, combining her sensibilities about music with the styles of the Institubes artists may create a new sound that's worthy of our appreciation, even though it may take some getting used to. And so far, we've only heard her one song she did with CM. Her collaborations with Rob may be very interesting.

I guess we all have expectations for Alizée, and she has her own. Maybe we can be willing to meet her half way. After all, her fans have a tendency to want to control what she says and does, what clothes she wears, how she wears her hair, what music she does, and how she sings and performs. Fans continually compare her to the MF/LB days. The Alizée of yesterday casts a long shadow that she is still living under today. Maybe we need to lighten up a bit. If one truly dislikes her music, then so be it. That's ok too. We all have that right, and we all have a variety of tastes. I guess I'm just asking people to give it a chance and not be too hasty to judge.

Criss_pl
02-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes, I agree with most of you.
Bigdan has good points.
It's something new, maybe a bit darker new style, that Alizée wants to do, it's her own choice. She finally breaks with her old image. She changes style of music into more electronic and we could like that or not.

woohoo
02-14-2010, 11:50 AM
Wow i have been waiting for this for a long time. I love the song and i hope there are more like it. I really wish i had the money to get that delux cd but life is life and ill just be happy to be here when it comes out.:):)

Congratulations to Alizee and her new album. Keep up the good work.

Fenris
02-14-2010, 12:49 PM
Like the song very much. Runs on autorepeat for hours. Dark and hypnotic, reminds me of my youth when i listened to Kraftwerk and Depeche Mode.
As somebody else said, the intensity of the song picks up at the end, when she is singing the Stares..Lights...etc. part. Sadly it ends to fast from there.

Oh, and i recocnized her voice at once, it's definitely Alizée!

This won't be a hit in france, but as a teaser it's very interesting..overall i'm very happy with what she is doing now. My exitement about the new album is growing..the little Fee is spreading her wings.

But i still prefer her singing in french..

lefty12357
02-14-2010, 01:33 PM
And like what's been said before, the mood of this song may fit perfectly in the context of the songs surrounding it on the album. Some of my favorite concept albums are best listened to from beginning to end.

Jess
02-14-2010, 01:57 PM
Although it's a very small sample... I like it. I somehow associate it more with her first two albums then I did Psychedelices, and I like her slightly more mature look here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final look and sound will be ;-) :)

paintballpdh19
02-14-2010, 02:30 PM

At first, I hated all the songs of psychedelices, but now I love it. So had I jumped to the conclusion that all the songs of psychedelices sucked due to my first impression, I would've missed out on a good album.

Besides, maybe you find it to be a terrible songs, but others may genuinely like it, or like me, waiting to make their decision later.

another piece of wisdom from Wasabi... you sir cease to amaze me!

But i still prefer her singing in french..

i think most of us do :D

Ronald
02-14-2010, 03:49 PM
We can't expect her to have the same success she had in the beginning. For her, I would like a different kind of success: one that is based more on artistic credibility, not necessarily on sales. I think it would be a good move to get into the underground scene. In my opinion, those are some of the most loyal fans one can have.

We have to remember that this is a concept album. It's going to be a little strange. This doesn't mean that should she release a new album after UEDS that it will also be like this.

I'm afraid her career depends on her forthcoming album "Une Enfant Du Siecle"

She might lose the fans that gave her a second chance after the failure of Psychedelices. Many already left after this.

You can't maintain a career based on a few "die-hard" fans like us:rolleyes:

paintballpdh19
02-14-2010, 03:52 PM

She might lose the fans that gave her a second chance after the failure of Psychedelices. Many already left after this.

dont say that :(... think positive :)

wasabi622
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM

I can see some truth in this, though of course, you've neglected the new fans that this different style might bring in.

Then again, I'm not sure if the incoming new fans can make up for the leaving fans(not saying that the album will chase away her fans).

paintballpdh19
02-14-2010, 03:59 PM
I can see some truth in this, though of course, you've neglected the new fans that this different style might bring in.

Then again, I'm not sure if the incoming new fans can make up for the leaving fans(not saying that the album will chase away her fans).

yeah same here: i dont think the new album will make fans not like her and i am sure that she will gain lots of fans that love this album.

Fall
02-14-2010, 04:03 PM
Ok, so I'm late to the party, but hey, I came.

I just ordered it. I love the preview of Limelight, and the little video. The little video has that "80s James Bond movie opening credits" feel. The song too, but I love it. I was avoiding the act of listening to the song before I ordered the album, though you might not believe me. So yeah, I'm just now listening to it, and I enjoy it very much, and its hard to describe. It had a funky feeling to it for the first few seconds but then I really started to love it. Now I really can't wait for the rest! :D

TheBarrett
02-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Fans recycle, some faster than others.
I'm sure she knows this, so she has to follow the trends her heart says she wants to follow.
Knowing full well, the lifeline ends here for many, and begins for others.

user472884
02-14-2010, 05:37 PM

Wasabi, we should hang out sometime dude.... we're so similar it scares me some times

Tiwaz
02-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Great song. I assume Cheatau Marmont is behind it, it very much sounds like them anyhow. And they only made 4(?) songs, so it will be interesting to hear what the other guys have done. Rob's music, from what i've heard, sounds quite different from CM.
And if you can't hear it's Alizée singing you're deaf.

Aldighieri
02-14-2010, 07:06 PM
first impression:I like keyboards arrangement..don't know if is the best kind of song for enhance Alizee voice.

User22
02-14-2010, 08:57 PM
Great song.And if you can't hear it's Alizée singing you're deaf.

TOTALLY AGREED MY MAN!!!!....hopefully you are a man...

user472884
02-15-2010, 12:04 AM

Is a follower... and that's awesome enough

UniCom
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I can totally understand how some feel about this song, and it's OK. It's not blasphemy or anything, we're just sharing some of our earliest thoughts on the song and the coming of the new album. I already said I loved it like in the first page or something, and that's as honest as I can be.:)

Change can be a bad and a good thing. Sometimes they are necessary to not repeat things over or make things that had already been done, as well learning from the mistakes of whatever came before.

Also, I probably don't have to say this but this was also meant to surprise us.

Tomtentp
02-15-2010, 12:41 AM
Am I the only one to tell the emperor that she has no clothes? (a reference to the story) Lets face it.. We all love Alizée and it pains me to say it but the song sucks big-time; I won't tell her it's good when it's really not. To be honest, it sounds like it was written by a first grader. I know Alizée can do much better. I hope the new CD has better songs.

Nude dancers are actually quite popular in the french music video bussiness today. And if that song were written by a first grader then that first grader would've scared the living poo out of me :blink:

Seriously, what is the point telling everyone that they are wrong and that the song sucks?
Do you want everyone to go "Hey he's right, let's split this joint!"?

Even if these are your true feelings maybe you should consider what good it does stating them like that.

I like you Wasabi! :wub:

Although it's a very small sample... I like it. I somehow associate it more with her first two albums then I did Psychedelices, and I like her slightly more mature look here. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the final look and sound will be ;-) :)

You know the full version is out there right?
I am a Link! (http://mouloud.blog.canalplus.fr/media/01/00/1624526077.mp3)

Why, did you have any special plans for him? :eek:

I don't understand what all this complaining is about and all the comparisons to her albums with Mylène. Would we really prefer for Alizée to be a mini-Mylène for the rest of her career? I wouldn't.

Yes, Psychédélices was a big change, and though in my opinion some of the songs sounded a little forced, it felt a lot more genuine and a lot more Alizée to me.

We can't expect her to be the same girl she was 10 years ago. We all grow and change. And we can't know that even if she did continue with Mylène if we'd like the songs. For me, Mes Courants Electriques is inferior to both Gourmandises and Psychédélices.

One could also say the same thing about "J'en ai marre," no?

Welcome to the ranks wise one ;)

pepelepew
02-15-2010, 01:26 AM
An interview was posted on another Alizee fan site this last week that was from a music critic from England in English when Alizee was 17. If I wasn't Forest Gump on the computer I would have uploaded it here for discussion. It may already be on a post here for all that I know. Anyway to make a long story short it made the most compelling argument for why Alizee needed to break from MF/LB and the Lolita image if she had any desire to have a lasting and serious music career. It described the long history of the French music industry exploiting prepubescent girls into Lolita types for making the most money possible by way of exploiting the French obcession with Lolita type pop music themes. That most from the past slipped into obscurity or the music abyss as they no longer fit into the Lolita image due to developing into women basically. That staying too long branded them as Lolita's only making it very difficult to be accepted as real singers with talent. The interview had much more insightful tidbits about Alizee and even complimentary of her. I have an even greater respect for Alizee's insights and intelligence especially regarding her career decisions going on her own than I already had. If someone knows where that interview is it would be worth a discussion here. Sorry for the long ramblings of a madman!:)

Chuck
02-15-2010, 01:33 AM
Tomtentp, thanks for all that above. L. O. L. ! :D

I find the new song is very cool, very electronic, and I like it, but it definitely doesn't sound like something they'll release as a single. Apparently, it'll be the third track on the album. In any case, I'm liking what I'm hearing, and simultaneously thinking I'll probably like several of the other songs even a lot more...

Quote: "You {American fans} over there, you can maybe be good for something.."

Having been told this (jokingly, I think), by an overseas correspondent, I find it's now my sworn duty to keep trying to get more and more of us to post some tiny comments in support of Alizée on the ChartsInFrance.Net website. It's so easy, too! You don't have to sign up, don't even have to give a name or anything! And you def don't have to know French - in fact, my friend suggested we SHOULD post em in English. For added authenticity.

Here's exactly where you need to go. Click this link!
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69466.html then scroll down 'til you see the button that says "ajouter un commentaire" (add a comment). Click that.

The only difficulty, for me, was these two cautions: 1) Keep it short, and 2) try to resist the temptation to try posting there again and again!

Oh, yeah, they will ask you to try to add 1 + 3 or something, just to verify your humanity. But I got that one, too. It's 4. Okay, I used a calculator.

edit:
Pépé, that wasn`t rambling or mad or anything! I hope somebody really does know where that interview can be found.

Criss_pl
02-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Well, despite my English knowledge is rather good, sung English always makes troubles and I have some doubts in few moments in lyrics. Are there lyrics available somwhere around here, I saw few versions, but I'm not sure whether they were precise.

I read on AF some possibilites, but I'd like to know what do you think about it? At last it's your own language:)

brad
02-15-2010, 11:54 AM
here is my take on the lyrics from a quick listen ...

dream always, and always (or maybe all ways)

i dont know, where im going
looking for the limelight, bright

i cant recall, where i've been
in this long long flight, night

find a way and away

i dont know, if i should
burning waves of ecstasy, oui

stares (or stairs maybe), lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, threat

also, i will say the song has really grown on my in a strange way, at first i really hated it. now it is somehow oddly compelling.

User22
02-15-2010, 03:08 PM
also, i will say the song has really grown on my in a strange way, at first i really hated it. now it is somehow oddly compelling.

that's exactly how i started to like it...and that took me uhhh...2 seconds?haha. LOVE THIS SONG:wub::D:rolleyes:

FanDeAliFee
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
<i>Limelight</i> is not defeatist, but is desperate and darkly pessimistic, with the musical beat making it decidedly more anxiety-laden than <i>Idéaliser</i>.

I think it is supposed to reflect the promised album theme of the demise of Edie Sedgwick. But I nearly get the extremely unsettling feeling that the lyrics are almost a personal statement by Alizée about her own uneven odyssey as an artist in this strange new century, of which she, and not Edie, is the "child."

History notes that limelights were typically employed to highlight solo performers; they were the original spotlights. Recall that in staging <i>Peter Pan</i>, it is not infrequently the case that Tinkerbell is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinker_Bell#In_original_play_and_novel">portrayed</a> by moving a spotlight. This perhaps make the passage in the lyrics "flight, night" more than just a metaphor!

This song is very thin musically - almost free verse poetry, with incidental music. Like much similar music, it reminds one of the mood music used in early video games. I suppose it is a reasonable overture to the tragic opera which is the subject of the album.

But what a contrast it is, in both spirit and form, to <i>J'ai Pas Vingt Ans!</i> Instead of a great adventure to be relished, the future is cast as a dark struggle to survive. <i>Limelight</i> definitely won't cut it as the "hold music" which the suicide prevention hotline uses! ;)

I was drawn to Alizée because of the youthful, energetic optimism she projected in her earlier work. <i>Moi... Lolita</i> turned lemons into lemonade with a respite at the disco in town. And even if <i>Mademoiselle Juliette</i> was destined by William to perish, she still didn't let it spoil the party. I suppose it is possible that people in despair might find some camaraderie in listening to a song like <i>Limelight</i>, or that it would help character development as part of a musical play. It's just not a <big>single</big> I would pay for were it not sung by a beloved musical friend of mine.

Anything to hear your voice once again, dear Alizée; I have not forgotten how happy you could make me feel in a sad and crazy world...

Plaz
02-15-2010, 04:12 PM
been listening to the full version for abit now and i think i like it abit more now than i did when i first heard it...

lefty12357
02-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Tomtentp, thanks for all that above. L. O. L. ! :D

I find the new song is very cool, very electronic, and I like it, but it definitely doesn't sound like something they'll release as a single. Apparently, it'll be the third track on the album. In any case, I'm liking what I'm hearing, and simultaneously thinking I'll probably like several of the other songs even a lot more...

Quote: "You {American fans} over there, you can maybe be good for something.."

Having been told this (jokingly, I think), by an overseas correspondent, I find it's now my sworn duty to keep trying to get more and more of us to post some tiny comments in support of Alizée on the ChartsInFrance.Net website. It's so easy, too! You don't have to sign up, don't even have to give a name or anything! And you def don't have to know French - in fact, my friend suggested we SHOULD post em in English. For added authenticity.

Here's exactly where you need to go. Click this link!
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69466.html then scroll down 'til you see the button that says "ajouter un commentaire" (add a comment). Click that.

The only difficulty, for me, was these two cautions: 1) Keep it short, and 2) try to resist the temptation to try posting there again and again!

Oh, yeah, they will ask you to try to add 1 + 3 or something, just to verify your humanity. But I got that one, too. It's 4. Okay, I used a calculator.

edit:
Pépé, that wasn`t rambling or mad or anything! I hope somebody really does know where that interview can be found.

It seems over at www.chartsinfrance.net there is some doubt as to whether we fans from the USA are for real. I noticed Vista, Ben, Chuck, (and now me) left our names there and also Ben and I mentioned alizeeamerica.com. Hopefully, they will check us out to see we are for real.

I really like this idea of getting the word out about Alizée's US fans. Like I said before, spamming is not a good idea, but if anyone wants to let the world know you like Alizée and/or "Limelight", this is the place to do it. Just follow Chuck's instructions. Again, great idea Chuck, and thanks! :)

User22
02-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Anything to hear your voice once again, dear Alizée; I have not fogotten how happy you could make me feel in a sad and crazy world...

Come on! Why do people keep saying that they can't hear her voice/don't like how she didn't use her pipes. She is using her amazing voice, just not as much in this song. It is the lyrics being spaced out which makes it seem like she is only talking. But you can hear her soft&smooth "after-voice"(ex. When she says Lolita in En Concert it is the Lolitaaaahhhhpart of the word.) Yah sorry I don't know how to explain it better than that.
been listening to the full version for abit now and i think i like it abit more now than i did when i first heard it...

Yes....I just hope this album won't take time to grow on people and it smacks 'em in the face like Mes Courants Electriques did....

Topaz
02-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Dunno why you post a vid that is restricted from Swedish computers Topaz, that's just wrong man :p

It was the first clip I found. Did not know it was restricted. :( So sorry. :o

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/choose.pnghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Rev
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/choose.pnghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Very cute.

dreamer
02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I like the new sound an style. at first it all seemed a little 'pseudo' to me but now i like it:)

wolfram0790
02-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Well, last night I read about 50% of this thread, and after checking out some comments, I was kind of worried about the new direction Lilly is taking. I didn't want to listen to any new song yet, but I just had to youtube it, especially after reading these first impressions :p

But now I absolutely LOVE it! I recognized her lovely voice right away, the musical beat is really cool (it gets awesome right before it ends though :(). Even the first time I heard it I liked it (something that never happened with almost all her previous songs, I had to listen to them several times before loving them :o).

Fortunately I think she's creating quite a big buzz over here. Yesterday I saw this note (Online Mexican newspaper) (http://www.informador.com.mx/entretenimiento/2010/178329/6/alizee-esta-de-regreso.htm), and almost everyone that posted a comment liked Limelight, and are looking forward to purchase the album :)

Oh and BTW, I managed to post a quick comment on that french website using the google translator xD

woohoo
02-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Yeah the first couple of seconds listening to limelight were weird for me but I quickly liked it and Google translator is awesome for french because I speak zero French but a little Spanish.

Fall
02-15-2010, 09:08 PM
I still like the song, I put it in my favorite Alizée playlist, like four times. I like the electronic type sound it has, and it kinda reminds me of childhood days when I used to play my Gameboy Color/Advance, the music on certain games and the music in Limelight are similar :)

woohoo
02-15-2010, 09:22 PM
I still like the song, I put it in my favorite Alizée playlist, like four times. I like the electronic type sound it has, and it kinda reminds me of childhood days when I used to play my Gameboy Color/Advance, the music on certain games and the music in Limelight are similar :)

your right it does kinda sound like a gameboy game and zelda oracal of ages and time were the best game boy games ever.

Scruffydog777
02-15-2010, 09:40 PM
I just got back from vacation, in Italy, same place I went on vacation last december and no I did not go back to Pistoia or Taormina this time. Two places Alizée performed before.

A co-worker sent me an e-mail about the snippet that came out a couple of days ago while I was over there. I listened to it and my initial reaction was very negative. I wanted to make a post on the forum, but couldn't remember my password. I think I might have misstyped it then drifted off in the wrong direction afterwards and figured I'd wait til I got home to respond. I read the posts in the forum though. It kind of bothered me what I was reading. Reminded me of the responses to Psych. People saying they didn't like it at first, but after listening to it a few times, they really started liking it. That was never the case with so many songs on MCE and Gour. You knew right away that you liked them.

I decided that the best thing to do was give it a fair chance, so I decided to listen to it at least 10 times over the next couple of days. Well it is different and she said these songs would be of a different style and there is something about this song that I cant quite put my finger on. It has somewhat of a mysteriousness typical of Stevie Nicks songs. But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis. Now when she sang this song during En Concert. I absolutely loved the way she looked in the glow of the red lights and I thought she looked awesome the way she sauntered or danced or what ever is the best way of describing the way she moved across the stage. I enjoyed the music. I also loved the way she interacted with her drummer. This poor guy must have been eating his heart out. Being so close to this amazingly beautiful young woman, gazing right into her lovely face, but being so far from ever having a chance with her.

Well this song was done in a rap style. I thought it was "okay". But as lovely as I think she looked, as much as I'd like to watch her dance across time and time again, as much as I love seeing the way she interacted with her drummer, wishing it could have been me all alone on stage with her, I hardly ever watch this part of En Concert. The reason being is this song does not bring out the beauty of her voice. It doesn't matter how great the rest of the performance is, without her great voice, any song will quickly be forgotten. I've probably played most of her songs from Gour and MCE, especially the ones that were featured in En Concert and a few others like La Isla Bonita, Ella Ella and Rockollection a thousand times each. Because these songs showcase her great voice.

So even if I learn to like this song. It wont last. It wont be played over and over and over again for three years the way I have with so many of her others. But it is just one song on this album and I think it's promising because it's not a bad song and usually her French songs have more beauty to them.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

User22
02-15-2010, 09:41 PM

hahaha right there with ya Fall....

Tupuz
02-15-2010, 10:26 PM
Seems that she is getting interest in France. She is now topping the Yahoo.fr search statistics: http://twitpic.com/13i4ty :)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-15-2010, 10:31 PM
But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis.

Only Mon Maquis is quite possibly her best song lyrically.

One should not have to force oneself to like a song by listening to it multiple times.

Regards,

Jung

Fall
02-15-2010, 11:37 PM

One should not have to force oneself to like a song by listening to it multiple times.

Regards,

Jung
Out of curiosity, do you like it Jung? :)

User22
02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Glad your back Scruffy. And man this is worse than watching Alizee notice that she has grown up in "Parler Tout Bas" (En Concert version). But this is what keeps me going with her(although I will love her for life). Thanks for that vid Scruff. And maybe i feel this way just cuz its midnight. But that just boosted my Lilly-high....

Toc De Mac
02-16-2010, 12:13 AM
here is my take on the lyrics from a quick listen ...
dream always, and always (or maybe all ways)

i dont know, where im going
looking for the limelight, bright

i cant recall, where i've been
in this long long flight, night

find a way and away

i dont know, if i should
burning waves of ecstasy, oui/wee

stares (or stairs maybe), lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, fret threat

I have no idea what has went on for the past several days, so ignore this if there is already a general consensus on what the lyrics are. :D

The song is GREAT :):D:). I saw Brad's post and put everything that I agree with in bold. The only things that I'm not sure about (???):

1. In this long, long ___???___, night
2. Burning waves of ecstacy, ??? [oui, wee]
3. Stares, lights, music, sweat, scares, fright, panic, ??? [fret]

[] = best guesses

Tomtentp
02-16-2010, 12:16 AM
I just got back from vacation, in Italy, same place I went on vacation last december and no I did not go back to Pistoia or Taormina this time. Two places Alizée performed before.

A co-worker sent me an e-mail about the snippet that came out a couple of days ago while I was over there. I listened to it and my initial reaction was very negative. I wanted to make a post on the forum, but couldn't remember my password. I think I might have misstyped it then drifted off in the wrong direction afterwards and figured I'd wait til I got home to respond. I read the posts in the forum though. It kind of bothered me what I was reading. Reminded me of the responses to Psych. People saying they didn't like it at first, but after listening to it a few times, they really started liking it. That was never the case with so many songs on MCE and Gour. You knew right away that you liked them.

I decided that the best thing to do was give it a fair chance, so I decided to listen to it at least 10 times over the next couple of days. Well it is different and she said these songs would be of a different style and there is something about this song that I cant quite put my finger on. It has somewhat of a mysteriousness typical of Stevie Nicks songs. But it kind of reminded me of one of her songs from Gourmandises and that's Mon Maquis. Now when she sang this song during En Concert. I absolutely loved the way she looked in the glow of the red lights and I thought she looked awesome the way she sauntered or danced or what ever is the best way of describing the way she moved across the stage. I enjoyed the music. I also loved the way she interacted with her drummer. This poor guy must have been eating his heart out. Being so close to this amazingly beautiful young woman, gazing right into her lovely face, but being so far from ever having a chance with this young woman.

Well this song was done in a rap style. I thought it was "okay". But as lovely as I think she looked, as much as I'd like to watch her dance across time and time again, as much as I love seeing the way she interacted with her drummer, wishing it could have been me all alone on stage with her, I hardly ever watch this part of En Concert. The reason being is this song does not bring out the beauty of her voice. It doesn't matter how great the rest of the performance is, without her great voice, any song will quickly be forgotten. I've probably played most of her songs from Gour and MCE, especially the ones that were featured in En Concert and a few others like La Isla Bonita, Ella Ella and Rockollection a thousand times each. Becausw these songs showcase her great voice.

So even if I learn to like this song. It wont last. It wont be played over and over and over again for three years the way I have with so many of her others. But it is just one song on this album and I think it's promising because it's not a bad song and usually her French songs have more beauty to them.

<EMBED height=344 type=application/x-shockwave-flash width=425 src=http://www.youtube.com/v/RLaUKrqYNeM&hl=en_US&fs=1& allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></EMBED>

I'm a shitty drummer but I have a passion from drums in general, and yes this moment in En Concert is the reason that I have Mon Maquis among my favourite Alizée tracks, who wouldn't wanna be him really?:wub:

Regards,

Jung

I respectfully disagree.
In any given album I eventually grow tierd of the "hits" (that got me to buy the record in the first place) and at the same time other tracks start to grow on me only to become my new favourites in a much more durable maner.

This is why I never say "this is crap" when I first hear a new song or band, quite the contrary, I get suspicous if I like it right away. To use Opeth as an example of my most "durable" favourite music, it took me many "repeats" to learn to like them. Now I love every single track and I can listen to them as much as I want without getting bored. Some music is simply more "advanced" than other, making it harder to melt but more resilient once you have.

My point is that you shouldn't judge music too fast. Music isn't a solid state thing, it's a reflection of your own mind, and your mind is very progressive.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-16-2010, 12:27 AM
Out of curiosity, do you like it Jung? :)

Well I could tip toe through the bushes and say something like "I can't judge it until I hear the rest of the album and how it fits in." Quite frankly whether or not it fits with the other songs does not make it any better. I could also say that maybe after 100 listens it may or may not grow on me, but considering I won't listen to any given song 100 times in the next year that's kinda out. Alas I will just say that no I do not care for the song, and I'd like to see her sing it live (or at least try to).

Regards,

Jung

Fall
02-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Alas I will just say that no I do not care for the song, and I'd like to see her sing it live (or at least try to).

Great, then we can go to an Alizée concert as well as a MM concert :D

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-16-2010, 12:51 AM
Great, then we can go to an Alizée concert as well as a MM concert :D

We'll see MM soon enough, and we'll see if Alizée tours.

User22
02-16-2010, 01:29 AM
We'll see MM soon enough, and we'll see if Alizée tours. Jung, may I ask if you are buying UEDS???Just out of curiosity...

wasabi622
02-16-2010, 01:52 AM
Jung, may I ask if you are buying UEDS???Just out of curiosity...

HAHA! I think I may have a slight clue as to what the answer might be...

Topaz
02-16-2010, 02:14 AM
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/songoftheday.jpg

link (http://www.popjustice.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4433&Itemid=279/)

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Ruroshen
02-16-2010, 02:27 AM
So I finally got the chance to listen to this (it's been blocked at work, and I've been house-sitting for my mom, whose internet connection is for crap) and based on my first few listens, it's not half bad! I wish it varied a little more, and the spoken word bit at the end kind of leaves me cold...but overall, I really dig the sound of it, much more than I did most of the cuts off Psych the first time I heard them.

I'm predisposed to electronica/techno/new wave, though, and this was actually a direction I was hoping Lili might go in. Your mileage may vary.

User22
02-16-2010, 02:35 AM
very noice Topaz:D

Edit:

So I finally got the chance to listen to this (it's been blocked at work, and I've been house-sitting for my mom, whose internet connection is for crap) and based on my first few listens, it's not half bad! I wish it varied a little more, and the spoken word bit at the end kind of leaves me cold...but overall, I really dig the sound of it, much more than I did most of the cuts off Psych the first time I heard them.

I'm predisposed to electronica/techno/new wave, though, and this was actually a direction I was hoping Lili might go in. Your mileage may vary.

Wow...never thought you to be the hardcore electro type.

Ruroshen
02-16-2010, 02:39 AM
Wow...never thought you to be the hardcore electro type.

Heh. Well, more 80's New Wave than electro, really...which is what this track reminds me of...but I'd hardly call myself hardcore. :p

User22
02-16-2010, 02:43 AM
Heh. Well, more 80's New Wave than electro, really...which is what this track reminds me of...but I'd hardly call myself hardcore. :p

haha. sorry i don't know anything besides hardcore/... but uhhh im tired. Oh and I definetely thought of you as the "Jung" type.Like all grumpy and stuff. Like a Lilly fan that turned for the worse

but hey at least i know you actually like her songs haha.

Yah i am reaaalllly tired so yah

jung_adore_ALIZEE
02-16-2010, 08:07 AM
Jung, may I ask if you are buying UEDS???Just out of curiosity...

Time will tell. Owning every album doesn't mean a whole lot. You may not know this, but I don't own every Sonata Arctica album. In fact there is very few bands for which I happen to own every album. You can go ahead and ask Barrett what I think about Sonata Arctica though. Don't damn me for stating my honest opinion.

Regards,

Jung

Merci Alizée
02-16-2010, 08:30 AM
Time will tell. Owning every album doesn't mean a whole lot. You may not know this, but I don't own every Sonata Arctica album. In fact there is very few bands for which I happen to own every album. You can go ahead and ask Barrett what I think about Sonata Arctica though. Don't damn me for stating my honest opinion.

Regards,

Jung

Quite right in some way. Not owning every album doesn't imply your opinions about an artist. Although owning every album may mean that you like that artist's work.

User22
02-16-2010, 11:16 AM
Quite right in some way. Not owning every album doesn't imply your opinions about an artist. Although owning every album may mean that you like that artist's work.

Haha I def like Alizee's works.:cool:

kristofer
02-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Whoops sensing group tension.
Let's order a cake with Alizée's face on it and marvel over it? Okay? Hahah.

I'm still loving this song. :D

User22
02-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Whoops sensing group tension.
Let's order a cake with Alizée's face on it and marvel over it? Okay? Hahah.

I'm still loving this song. :D

What tension? cake with Alizee?sounds good to me///

Edcognito
02-17-2010, 01:48 AM
Meh, I think I listened to the whole song maybe three times through, before my wife came in and asked what the *HECK* was I listening to. So I told her, she left and I continued listening.

I really, really was prepared to not just not like it, but to hate it. I'm not a fan of techno, electronica or "euro-rap" or anything like it. My first listen to the song grabbed me and held me, and it has continued to hold me.

Not only am I twitterpated again, I think I'm in serious danger of another head 'splosion!

Not eveyrone is going to like it, not everyone is going to like her direction, but I hope we respect each other enough here to give each other the room to express themselves w/o making each other crazy.

We owe each other that much respect at least!

(yeah, I'm posting at 1:45 a.m. - If I'm reading too much into some replies, I'm tired. Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it!).

paintballpdh19
02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
still like this song over Les Collines

User22
02-18-2010, 12:04 AM
(yeah, I'm posting at 1:45 a.m. - If I'm reading too much into some replies, I'm tired. Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it!).

That's my excuse everytime hahaha

johnkim2222003
02-18-2010, 09:32 AM
She is not doing bad.

http://www.youtube.com/music?s=mp&t=w&c=10&cr=US&p=5

User22
02-18-2010, 05:14 PM
She is not doing bad.

http://www.youtube.com/music?s=mp&t=w&c=10&cr=US&p=5

ummmm.....it wasn't on there.....

Toc De Mac
02-18-2010, 06:23 PM
It moved to page 4:

http://www.youtube.com/music?s=mp&t=w&c=10&cr=US&p=4

User22
02-18-2010, 06:36 PM
It moved to page 4:

http://www.youtube.com/music?s=mp&t=w&c=10&cr=US&p=4

gotcha. I saw it now. Very cool that she got that far up there, especially since I thought Les Collines would have done better than Limelight.

Señor Villa
02-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Good song, this should have been her first single instead of Les Collines.

FanDeAliFee
03-02-2010, 02:04 AM
I just listened to Alizée's <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xceddr_aliz%E9e-interview-radio-france-bleu_music">visit</a> to <i>France Bleu</i> radio on 27 February 2010, during which <i>Limelight</i> was played. I was delighted by the change relative to the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUqGeOF2mmU">version</a> I had previously heard, which I had <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=151721&postcount=181">called</a> <i>very thin musically - almost free verse poetry, with incidental music</i>. I think the violins which back the final quadruple-rhyme stanza do a lot to address my concern. I am no musicologist, but for some reason, this touch reminds me of <i>The Beatles</i>.

AlphaDevil2
03-29-2010, 07:32 AM
I did hear that this was meant to be coming and now a limited edition vinyl of Limelight has been released (confirmed by Alizée through Twitter).

Buy it at the institubes online store (http://institubes.myshopify.com/products/alizee-limelight-picture-disc)

It is limited to 500 copies and will never be reissued

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0038/5372/products/LIMELIGHT_front_large.png?1269853721

awkward Turtle
03-29-2010, 08:10 AM
Oh my, awesome find...I woke up suddenly after only 3 hours of sleep to see this on my facebook update and groggily purchased it as quickly as I could... thank God for Alizée spidey-senses!

FanDeAliFee
03-29-2010, 10:09 AM
Oh my, awesome find...I woke up suddenly after only 3 hours of sleep to see this on my facebook update and groggily purchased it as quickly as I could... thank God for Alizée spidey-senses!

Don't use the S-word near the Corsican girl! She is arachnephobic, if only in the colloquial sense. So far, no one has had the heart to tell her that Spidey grew up in the same neighborhood as Simon & Garfunkel, authors of her favorite song, <i>The Sounds of Silence</i>. Shhhhhh!

Fenris
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
I did hear that this was meant to be coming and now a limited edition vinyl of Limelight has been released (confirmed by Alizée through Twitter).

Buy it at the institubes online store (http://institubes.myshopify.com/products/alizee-limelight-picture-disc)

It is limited to 500 copies and will never be reissued

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0038/5372/products/LIMELIGHT_front_large.png?1269853721

Cool find Alpha! Seems you are everywhere! :)
Ordered this little jewel....

And i think the album version of Limelight is even better than the radio edit.
Chateau Marmont awesomeness!

wasabi622
03-29-2010, 07:08 PM
Gahhh! When am I getting my bag of goodies??

another_alizee_fan
04-01-2010, 07:36 AM
http://institubes.myshopify.com/products/alizee-limelight-picture-disc

Get it now.

Merci Alizée
04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
http://institubes.myshopify.com/products/alizee-limelight-picture-disc

Get it now.

I'm not sure whether many people will be interested in getting it. That's why it's been limited to 500. Who wants a vinyl record in this age. It's good only for keeping it in your collection.

DITAEM
04-01-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm agree!!!

DITAEM
04-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Yes,is cool,but only for colection!!!