PDA

View Full Version : Hey! Anybody here know who wrote this?? URGENT!!!

Chuck
02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Hey, gang. As many of you know, we've been bombarding the ChartsInFrance website with our brief comments for a few days now. AND THEY CAN'T BELIEVE IT. The only problem? Many of our comments are so brief and so simple, many of the French readers there are also NOT BELIEVING that we're really Americans!! Go figure!!! (To help dispel their doubts, one of our allies there suggests that we should try to be LESS understandable to the other French. So now feel free to use longer words, longer sentences, and slang terms that they would never have learned in school or from our American movies. I'll try to post more on this subject elsewhere...)

IN ANY CASE -

SOMEBODY OVER THERE HELPING WITH THIS ONSLAUGHT FOUND THIS BIT OF A POST, AND THEY WANT TO QUOTE IT. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT! I thought it sounded really familiar, & thought I'd read it here. But I'm coming up dry... then Edcognito suggested we try this. (thx, Ed)

WHO WROTE THIS (below) ???? If it was you, or you know who, or you think you have an idea who it might have been, please respond! If you're not sure, that's okay. You can even PM me your ideas...

okay, here's an excerpt
"Having been a professional musician for many decades, and having done session work in NYC, Nashville, Boston, Florida and other places, I have heard so much music, mostly from either America or Great Britain and was getting tired of what was being played on the radio.

Then a friend of mine from Europe told me about Alizée and said "Why don't you try listening to some of her music". That was all it took for me.

I was never much interested in France, because I was doing other things. However, after listening to Alizée, I became interested in Alizée's music, history, and then, after signing up for this forum, everything I could find out about France, as well. Now I listen to Alizée (and some other French artists, when I want a slight change of pace) to the total exclusion of everything else, except the music I am hired to learn and play.

Look familiar to anyone? Any leads as to the identity of the mystery author? Thanks in advance, Chuck.

Fall
02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
I think that's probably C-4 :)
I've read posts of his that were similar. My compliments to the gentleman, btw.

Chuck
02-18-2010, 10:36 PM
Fall06, you're right, all right! It was C-4, 7-29-08. Thanks.

lefty12357
02-18-2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah, C-4 is a great Alizée fan and a very experienced musician. His opinion carries a lot of weight. The fact that we have a number of musicians here that respect Alizée's abilities is a good endorsement for her that she should be taken seriously.

Ruroshen
02-18-2010, 10:54 PM
Wait, what?! They don't believe we're really American? (Well OK...in my case, they're actually correct, but...)

How utterly bizarre! What possible motive would we have for lying? Especially since so many of us are including the site's name and/or url in our messages... like, hi! We're pretty obviously a real thing, here...!

Weird! :confused:

lefty12357
02-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Apparently they think Alizée's small group of dedicated French fans are posing as Americans to generate more buzz. Yet they're unwilling to check us out, even though we've given them the url here. Or if they have checked us out, they are unwilling to go back and leave a comment stating that they were mistaken.

Chuck
02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Wait, what?! They don't believe we're really American? (Well OK...in my case, they're actually correct, but...)

How utterly bizarre! What possible motive would we have for lying? Especially since so many of us are including the site's name and/or url in our messages... like, hi! We're pretty obviously a real thing, here...!

Weird! :confused:

Yeah, Ruro, I know, it's totally weird. But it seems a LOT more French people know English than the other way around. So while we've been trying to keep our language simple and our messages short, that's been working against us. (Some have even suggested that our American postings could've been written by a French second grader! Oww!!)

Who'd have predicted that? To make matters worse, the French are, by nature, a lot more guarded, skeptical, and suspicious of foreigners than we are*. (They were invaded a couple times last siècle, y'know.) And they also find it very hard to believe that their "homegrown" talent could actually be making waves all around the world.

I look at it this way - Before Bob Marley, who would have ever believed that the whole world would go nuts over Jamaican music? Yes, I am suggesting Lilly could be France's Bob. Better hair, though.

Oh yeah, back on track -
Hey, the game is still on! You can still post your comments of support in France! Just click either of the links on my sig! Or Both! Only now, DON'T try to keep it short or simple. Use your best, newest, sickest slang until they don't know which side is up.

* If it sounds like I'm spouting prejudices out my a$$ here, well my neighbor's from France, his wife's from Wisc., and our kids go to school together and play together. And he's been helping me with my French, too! But I'm not quoting from his take on the French -- rather, hers.

Ruroshen
02-19-2010, 12:37 AM
Hey, the game is still on! You can still post your comments of support in France! Just click either of the links on my sig! Or Both! Only now, DON'T try to keep it short or simple. Use your best, newest, sickest slang until they don't know which side is up.

OK, I've done my bit for queen and country, hopefully without managing to pour gasoline on the fire, so to speak...

Still, so very bizarre. It's sort of comforting in a way, though, to know that trolls in internet comment threads are consistent in any language. It kinda proves that our cultures really aren't that far apart... :p

User22
02-19-2010, 01:02 AM
my most recent post:

I just want to say that Lilly is the most tantalizing, jaw-dropping, and bangin person I've ever met yaoh. I get a sense of security and LA-Z-BOY-couch-comfort when she gives "the wink", "the "stick-my-tounge-out-at-you"", and "the "I-have-such-a-nice-bod-so-let-me-twirl-for-you"". She is just such an amazing person with a genuine personality. And I'd have to say I love when she gives the "uhhh!" every 2secs like in I'm Fed Up. Les Collines is such an inspiring song....haha repping the AAm!!!

Je veux juste dire que Lilly est le plus alléchant, jaw-dropping, et par personne bangin que j'aie jamais rencontré Yaoh. Je me procurer un sentiment de sécurité et LA-Z-BOY-lit de confort quand elle donne "le clin d'oeil", "le bâton"-my-Tounge-out-à-vous "", ou "le" I-have-tels -a-nice-bod-so-let-me-Twirl-for-you ". Elle est juste une telle personne étonnante avec une personnalité authentique. Et je dois dire que j'ai l'amour quand elle donne l'uhhh "!" chaque 2secs comme dans I'm Fed Up. Les Collines est telle une chanson d'inspiration .... haha repping l'AAM!

-Aaronius31
-AlizeeAmerica.com member

AlizéeDuSiècle
02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
Lol this is fun recent post "Alizee music is really amazing actually listnening ive been to her for 4 years now and im 12 its really soothing to my taste and it has gotten me through hard times ... me as an artist its calms my hand at drawing and makes the lines smoother "

user472884
02-19-2010, 05:18 AM
i wondr if we start spelings badley to try and akt cute and cooolz w/ bad gramer, we wood fit teh imaj the uropians tink we r.

"Lizzy! The united state luvs U!!! <3"

djwise
02-19-2010, 05:47 AM
i wondr if we start spelings badley to try and akt cute and cooolz w/ bad gramer, we wood fit teh imaj the uropians tink we r.

that might actually work, lol. they really don't believe us at all, which is somewhat frustrating. >.< oh well, we're showing Lili all the support we possibly can! :)

Criss_pl
02-19-2010, 07:52 AM

That's good, but still catch ya, should endavor more to mislead me:p but oughta suffice for French.

Just write normal, without simplifying, use your common verbs and adjectives.

Alex
02-19-2010, 12:04 PM
......they really don't believe us at all, which is somewhat frustrating. >.<

Indeed, it is VERY frustrating that they do not believe us not one bit. These French are really tough and are hitting us hard with their comments:mad: We write simple English and they don't believe us, so we write strong developed comments and still don't believe us. :confused: Oh well.......it doesn't matter :cool:

Keep on posting your comments about Les Collines:
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69487.html?p=11

woohoo
02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
yeah i bet the french dont think its us. They are used to thinking that Americans are fat and that we dont appreciate other cultures.

Alex
02-19-2010, 12:33 PM
There just posted:

"I just can't believe how you guys doubt our existance, our love, admiration and support to Alizée, but what can one do but just ignore your ignorance and stubbornness to those unbelievers.

About Les Collines, I absolutely love this song and I'm forward to see the final development of this new album. This song is very catchy, also the music itself is very good and what I love most is the smothness of the song which transitions both languages French-English. Alizée has indeed changed her music and she is learning from her past experiences to always create new, interesting and likable music, and I believe that this upcoming album will not be the exeption.

AlizeeAmerica will always support and follow her career in every stage of her life. For those non-believers, I say just take a look at our site and see our grand variety of great and talented members we have and the diverse locations we are from. As for those who believe in our existance, we thank you and are greatful you still support Alizée's career. I also agree, you guys should be proud and supportive of a very succesful artist France has given to the world, and value that treasure.

Greetings from a American who admires Frech music :-)

Alex- Los Angeles, CA (US)
AlizeeAmerica.com "

I just can't beleive that they deny and don't believe our existance and loyalty. But hope they realize they are wrong. Time will tell if they reconsidered their doubts.

Criss_pl
02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Well. For French it's hard to believe that their singer, who at this time isn't present in media, or in very popular tv shows etc. could have such an active fanbase on the second side of the Ocean. If anyone will tell me that some minor Polish singer is popular far far away, on first glance I'll doubt also, but finally I'll convince myself.
French are now a bit surprised, but later they'll be proud of Alizée:)
Don't worry, just show them that we/you are active all the time, so your fascination isn't just for while, but that's a long term love for Her Grace and Beauty:)

Edcognito
02-19-2010, 04:56 PM
Anyone wanna copy/paste/translate some of their comments? For those of us who aren't literate Francophiles? ;)

Thanks,

Ed:cool: