PDA

View Full Version : [2010-02-27] Alizée interview on France Bleu Radio

Roman
02-27-2010, 08:49 AM
Ok, someone needs to create a thread for this. There will no doubt be a recording available before too long. I might have done a cheapy analog recording.

So, I got most of that interview once I got the right link and caught a little bit of what was said. Sorry, I can't really say much due to memory and not following quite well enough.

It was about a half hour long and they played Les Collines and Limelight. Indeed, I could understand some of the English words better. I guess I need to recheck my lyrics for Limelight. It seems that better audio quality (or just different audio quality in this case) makes a difference. Either that or I just have a better idea of what's being said and so could hear it this time.

This will be replayed at 22h (10PM France) and maybe again tomorrow. http://players.tv-radio.com/radiofrance/playerfrancebleu.php?tag=france_bleu_alsace_mp3

Lillytown thread (http://lillytown.forumactif.net/actualite-f1/radio-alizee-sur-france-bleu-t592.htm).

Karlalizee
02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
cool find roman :cool: merci:wub:

Roman
02-27-2010, 09:19 AM
my record: http://www.mediafire.com/?mctjgnn21ta

they played "Limelight" and "Les Collines" but "Limelight" is a bit different from the version we know...
Jenny got a good recording.

Merci Alizée
02-27-2010, 09:25 AM
Missed it by half an hour. When I came back to home, it was already over.:(.
Thanks Roman for the link.

Jenny_HRO87
02-27-2010, 09:38 AM
lol I totally forgot to cut out the song in the middle of the interview...

Roman
02-27-2010, 10:07 AM
People seemed to be talking about Limelight being different from the other recording? It sounded the same to me, except for the quality. That radio edit really blows the music way out of course and one can't really judge from a radio emission or a recording of such.
So, Alizée mentioned that reactions to Limelight from fans were mostly good. Well, I got that impression too, though I wonder what exactly she was looking at. Just curious about how she gets her info.

Jenny_HRO87
02-27-2010, 10:15 AM
People seemed to be talking about Limelight being different from the other recording? It sounded the same to me, except for the quality. That radio edit really blows the music way out of course and one can't really judge from a radio emission or a recording of such.
So, Alizée mentioned that reactions to Limelight from fans were mostly good. Well, I got that impression too, though I wonder what exactly she was looking at. Just curious about how she gets her info.

maybe from her youtube comments...

oh and it is different... in the "stares, lights, music, etc" part the music is different... there's a violin (?) in the background what wasn't on the previous version...

Roman
02-27-2010, 10:36 AM
maybe from her youtube comments...

oh and it is different... in the "stares, lights, music, etc" part the music is different... there's a violin (?) in the background what wasn't on the previous version...
Oh! Yeah. So, it's with that sound that was on the original teaser web site. And we can hear it more on the Amazon samples. Yeah, I think Limelight was supposed to be the original single. Someone once said something about the record company not being satisfied; so, it was delayed. I mean, they do have a video of that song as well after all. Looks like they never got around to creating another one. So, my guess is that Alizée's team thought this thing to be ready last summer/early fall. So, maybe they had to further tweak things for a radio edit, etc. D'ems d breaks.

lefty12357
02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Oh! Yeah. So, it's with that sound that was on the original teaser web site. And we can hear it more on the Amazon samples. Yeah, I think Limelight was supposed to be the original single. Someone once said something about the record company not being satisfied; so, it was delayed. I mean, they do have a video of that song as well after all. Looks like they never got around to creating another one. So, my guess is that Alizée's team thought this thing to be ready last summer/early fall. So, maybe they had to further tweak things for a radio edit, etc. D'ems d breaks.

I think you might be right about this.

It's funny, I'm already so used to the way the Limelight version we first heard sounded, that when I heard this version it was quite the surprise to me, although not entirely unexpected.

Yeah, I wonder what sites Alizée personally watches herself (if any), and if she has people monitoring other sites to help her accumulate the reactions of fans as well as interested people in general.

Deepwaters
02-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I wonder what sites Alizée personally watches herself (if any), and if she has people monitoring other sites to help her accumulate the reactions of fans as well as interested people in general.

She personally follows lillytown.fr on Twitter, and when she had the chat session she knew a lot about the posters on that forum (which was AFC at the time). It looked a lot like personal knowledge, not something she hired people to do. She may do that, too, but really there isn't enough of it out there that she'd have to; she could do it all herself.

She has her own official YouTube channel, plus of course lots of fan vids with her music. So put yourself in her place, Lefty. Suppose you had just released a couple of songs, and they were up on YouTube and people were commenting about it, and there were fan sites with discussion forums out there as well. Wouldn't you pay attention?

Hell, if it was ME, I'd be on line every day checking up on the latest feedback. :D I've got three reviews of my book on line now. You think I haven't read them? Think again, if so.

Suffice to say: If WE can access people's comments about her music, SHE can, and she has lots of motivation to do it. So it's a safe bet she does.

lefty12357
02-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Knowing that Alizée has said repeatedly that she is curious, or even nosy, I would expect that that alone would influence her to check things out personally. And yes, if I was her, I would be checking out the comments too. Some artists say they don't read reviews. I don't think Alizée is one of them. I also believe she enjoys dropping little hints that she's got her eye on things and knows what's going on.

Criss_pl
02-27-2010, 01:42 PM
Now when I can understand this interview, I realised why I'm learning French so hard:) It's very rewarding, when you can understand Alizée without translation, simultaneously with writing this post:)

Hell, if it was ME, I'd be on line every day checking up on the latest feedback. :D I've got three reviews of my book on line now. You think I haven't read them? Think again, if so.

So, I read your book and it's very good, even if it could be viewed as a very simple novel on first regard, it contains many problems; psychology is visible.
It's not only story about two lovers, but something more.

And I learned some English words as well:)

lefty12357
02-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Now when I can understand this interview, I realised why I'm learning French so hard:) It's very rewarding, when you can understand Alizée without translation, simultaneously with writing this post:)

I envy you. I still have trouble understanding French while it's being spoken, but I find Alizée easier to follow. Those radio show hosts sure like to talk. :)

I would prefer to hear more Alizée...;)

Ben
02-27-2010, 02:14 PM
Haven't listened to much of it, but seems very different from her first radio apperance for Psychédélices! http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2511

Plaz
02-27-2010, 04:57 PM
translation by Dana0_7 at AF

Radio: And that was the first single of Alizee's new album. It's an album that we'll soon discover, i mean in a month, on 29th of march. So, it's a great pleasure for us to have you here, Alizee.
Alizee: Thank you.
R: And this new album will enjoy lots of fans and i say lots of fans because after we announced that we will have a guest in here, so many people contacted us to guess who can this guest be. And after we said your name, lots of them started to say "i wanna see her, wanna see her. When will we listen to her?" So you have so many constant fans since your beginnings.
A: Yes. And that's great when you're a singer. It's very important and I'm so happy to have this kind of public who followed me from the beginning and who grew up with me, because I was so young.
R: How old were you?
A: 15. This was 10 years ago.
R: So they are always there for you and that good because, from an album to another you changed a lot, you've been proposed different styles of music.
A: Yes. I always try to suggest new styles and after I met them [the producers] I discovered new styles or styles i knew a little. For example, this album has many influences, it sounds a little electric, which is a style i didn't know and after I met them I was able to know it better and they adapted it to me.
R: it was your name that convinced them to work with you because they all said "Oh, i would like to work for her new album and I'm doing this because i like her style" And working for this album you ended by knowing this electric style.
A: Yes. From the beginning of my career I was always meeting new people. First I met Mylene, an artist I loved a lot when I was young. I wasn't really her fan, but i was listening to her songs and I learned a lot from her. Then, when I decided to end it up and to produce my own album, I met BB , Oxmo which are obviously from different styles of music. And I liked a lot the fact that I met them and learned a lot from them.
R: And how did you met them? You simply went to see them?
A: For example, with Daniel Darc, I loved his last album and I wanted to work with him. So I went to his concert and then I asked him what if you worked for me and he was very interested and that's how it all went with every person I worked with.
R: Alizee's new album is called UEDS and it will be released next month on 29th. Alizee's our guess and later we'll ask her why people say this album is a "concept album" [?]

Then a song and Alizee says she likes it.

R: Alizee's here with us today to present us her new album that will be released next month. When I think of "a child of the century" I can say that this really represents Alizee. But it's not about you. Explain us a little who's your heroine.
A: Well... this album was inspired by another song of mine which is called Fifty Sixty and which was part of my last album. It was composed by Jeremy Chatelain and Jean Fauque. And I had the opportunity to meet new people who mixed this song, I mean the new producers, and we decided to continue with this and to release a concept album. There are songs which represent me less than others, but it's not an biographical album where I only sing about me. Every one can finds himself in my songs and by every song they'll discover a new story.

R: We had your friend Jean Fauque as our guest last week and this concept album doesn't sound bad at all. It allows you to discover different characters and we can imagine that this will be an album of songs..
A: Real songs, diversified songs and sounds from almost every style.
R: What have you prepared for us, Danielle Moreau?
DM: A little quiz. I'll start with bad news for you, Alizee. Be strong because we found out that you and Eve Angeli have 2 things in common. It's hard, but here you are. You' ve been the revelation of the year in 2001 and she was in 2002. Ok, so this was the first one. Which is the second one?
A: The leaving.
DM: No, the fact that you were both at Graines de Stars, which I didn't know.
A: But i guess she wasn't there.
R: Yes yes, she went only to the casting but she didn't make it.
A: It was the edition in Province, as I heard later.
DM: She was one of those thousands of participants to Graines de Stars who didn't make it. But she tried to. Lucie Bernandoni and Olivia Ruiz also appeared in and someone from Nouvelle Star wrote a song for Olivia. So, who was that person who wrote the song? It was Lara Fabian, Zazie or [didn't understand the name]?
R: Lauriette tells me it was Zazie.
DM: No, it was Lara Fabian.
R: It was important for you to participate, Alizee?
A: Oh, yes! I was in Corse and i wanted to danse. I had an audition for dancing and my friends enrolled me for singing too.
R: So you danced.
A: Yes, since i was 4-5 years old.

Second song.

R: Alizee accepted to come here today. So, what do you think about our conversation about Danille, Fabian and more others?
A: Oh, it was ok.
R: So we listened to Limelight. It was, in fact, the first single your fans could listen to on your site. How was their reaction?
A: It was positive, I'm very happy. I received messages from people who never listened to my song before.
R: I suppose that made you very happy, because, in fact, that's your purpose.
A: Yes, to keep my old public and to gain a new one too.
R: People write on our blog and speak about Lilly. So, Lilly is you?
A: Yes, it was my nickname at school.
R: Others say it was a pleasure to hear you. Do you communicate with them by internet?
A: I try to. Internet is not good for artists because of the downloading, but I try to control this and to show them different things.
R: I would like to share with you an important date in Alizee's career. I would like to know if she remembers what happened 3.340 days ago. It's probably the most important date it your career.
A: the most important?
R: Yes. It was 9 years ago.
A: 4th of july 2000.
R: Yes, well done!! It was the date of the release of her first single, "Moi Lolita".
A: It was heard at radio in april, but in july was the official release of the single and the clip. I was also invited to my first show and I was proposed for the gold and platinum disc.
R: So.. 4 mil of copies in the whole word. I also heard you were well received in Mexico too. Can you talk a little about this?
A: Yes. I participated in France at a special show about Madonna, where I sang LIB. This was posted on youtube and the fans, who are so active on the internet, saw it and I started to receive messages from mexican fans who said they loved me and knew all my other songs. Sony Mexico decided that my album should be released in the same day as it were in France. And then I went there.
R: You had a signing autographs session for..
A: For 4 mil people. But I had to go because it was in a store and it was full.
A: With ML i sold 4 mil copies and it was my chance to go around the world.
R: That's great. So i guess we need to have another show with Alizee, a longer one, because we have so many things to ask her. Anyway, 29th of march is the day of the release. We're glad to be the first ones who had you to present your album and I hope you'll come back.

Rev
02-27-2010, 05:11 PM

Radio: And that was the first single of Alizee's new album. It's an album that we'll soon discover, i mean in a month, on 29th of march. So, it's a great pleasure for us to have you here, Alizee.
Alizee: Thank you.
R: And this new album will enjoy lots of fans and i say lots of fans because after we announced that we will have a guest in here, so many people contacted us to guess who can this guest be. And after we said your name, lots of them started to say "i wanna see her, wanna see her. When will we listen to her?" So you have so many constant fans since your beginnings.
A: Yes. And that's great when you're a singer. It's very important and I'm so happy to have this kind of public who followed me from the beginning and who grew up with me, because I was so young.
R: How old were you?
A: 15. This was 10 years ago.
R: So they are always there for you and that good because, from an album to another you changed a lot, you've been proposed different styles of music.
A: Yes. I always try to suggest new styles and after I met them [the producers] I discovered new styles or styles i knew a little. For example, this album has many influences, it sounds a little electric, which is a style i didn't know and after I met them I was able to know it better and they adapted it to me.
R: it was your name that convinced them to work with you because they all said "Oh, i would like to work for her new album and I'm doing this because i like her style" And working for this album you ended by knowing this electric style.
A: Yes. From the beginning of my career I was always meeting new people. First I met Mylene, an artist I loved a lot when I was young. I wasn't really her fan, but i was listening to her songs and I learned a lot from her. Then, when I decided to end it up and to produce my own album, I met BB , Oxmo which are obviously from different styles of music. And I liked a lot the fact that I met them and learned a lot from them.
R: And how did you met them? You simply went to see them?
A: For example, with Daniel Darc, I loved his last album and I wanted to work with him. So I went to his concert and then I asked him what if you worked for me and he was very interested and that's how it all went with every person I worked with.
R: Alizee's new album is called UEDS and it will be released next month on 29th. Alizee's our guess and later we'll ask her why people say this album is a "concept album" [?]

Then a song and Alizee says she likes it.

R: Alizee's here with us today to present us her new album that will be released next month. When I think of "a child of the century" I can say that this really represents Alizee. But it's not about you. Explain us a little who's your heroine.
A: Well... this album was inspired by another song of mine which is called Fifty Sixty and which was part of my last album. It was composed by Jeremy Chatelain and Jean Fauque. And I had the opportunity to meet new people who mixed this song, I mean the new producers, and we decided to continue with this and to release a concept album. There are songs which represent me less than others, but it's not an biographical album where I only sing about me. Every one can finds himself in my songs and by every song they'll discover a new story.

R: We had your friend Jean Fauque as our guest last week and this concept album doesn't sound bad at all. It allows you to discover different characters and we can imagine that this will be an album of songs..
A: Real songs, diversified songs and sounds from almost every style.
R: What have you prepared for us, Danielle Moreau?
DM: A little quiz. I'll start with bad news for you, Alizee. Be strong because we found out that you and Eve Angeli have 2 things in common. It's hard, but here you are. You' ve been the revelation of the year in 2001 and she was in 2002. Ok, so this was the first one. Which is the second one?
A: The leaving.
DM: No, the fact that you were both at Graines de Stars, which I didn't know.
A: But i guess she wasn't there.
R: Yes yes, she went only to the casting but she didn't make it.
A: It was the edition in Province, as I heard later.
DM: She was one of those thousands of participants to Graines de Stars who didn't make it. But she tried to. Lucie Bernandoni and Olivia Ruiz also appeared in and someone from Nouvelle Star wrote a song for Olivia. So, who was that person who wrote the song? It was Lara Fabian, Zazie or [didn't understand the name]?
DM: No, it was Lara Fabian.
R: It was important for you to participate, Alizee?
A: Oh, yes! I was in Corse and i wanted to danse. I had an audition for dancing and my friends enrolled me for singing too.
R: So you danced.
A: Yes, since i was 4-5 years old.

Second song.

R: Alizee accepted to come here today. So, what do you think about our conversation about Danille, Fabian and more others?
A: Oh, it was ok.
R: So we listened to Limelight. It was, in fact, the first single your fans could listen to on your site. How was their reaction?
A: It was positive, I'm very happy. I received messages from people who never listened to my song before.
R: I suppose that made you very happy, because, in fact, that's your purpose.
A: Yes, to keep my old public and to gain a new one too.
R: People write on our blog and speak about Lilly. So, Lilly is you?
A: Yes, it was my nickname at school.
R: Others say it was a pleasure to hear you. Do you communicate with them by internet?
A: I try to. Internet is not good for artists because of the downloading, but I try to control this and to show them different things.
R: I would like to share with you an important date in Alizee's career. I would like to know if she remembers what happened 3.340 days ago. It's probably the most important date it your career.
A: the most important?
R: Yes. It was 9 years ago.
A: 4th of july 2000.
R: Yes, well done!! It was the date of the release of her first single, "Moi Lolita".
A: It was heard at radio in april, but in july was the official release of the single and the clip. I was also invited to my first show and I was proposed for the gold and platinum disc.
R: So.. 4 mil of copies in the whole word. I also heard you were well received in Mexico too. Can you talk a little about this?
A: Yes. I participated in France at a special show about Madonna, where I sang LIB. This was posted on youtube and the fans, who are so active on the internet, saw it and I started to receive messages from mexican fans who said they loved me and knew all my other songs. Sony Mexico decided that my album should be released in the same day as it were in France. And then I went there.
R: You had a signing autographs session for..
A: For 4 mil people. But I had to go because it was in a store and it was full.
A: With ML i sold 4 mil copies and it was my chance to go around the world.
R: That's great. So i guess we need to have another show with Alizee, a longer one, because we have so many things to ask her. Anyway, 29th of march is the day of the release. We're glad to be the first ones who had you to present your album and I hope you'll come back.

Thanks very much. :)

wildfire
02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for translation and for post...

I so luv her laugh. Its like she's in on an inside joke!

Fall
02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
It must get too repetitive to talk about the beginning of her career, all the time, at every interview. I hope that they fulfill their promise and have her one there again for a longer time

Criss_pl
02-27-2010, 07:15 PM
Wow, quick translation, good essence of interview, nicely shortened as for such a quick job.
I envy you. I still have trouble understanding French while it's being spoken, but I find Alizée easier to follow. Those radio show hosts sure like to talk. :)

Well, I'm not a big pro, but I'm still trying:) And it really depends on this who speaks and how; here Alizée's voice was quite clear, but sometimes it's pretty hard to follow her:) And don't think that I could follow them, when they all speak at the same time:p I would prefer to hear more Alizée...;)
Yes, the hosts were sometimes interrupting her. It lacks something really new about album. I liked when she said that it's not an autobiographic album, but an album, where everyone could find himself, just like previous works, I think that we have such specialists here that finding Alizée in songs won't be hard. Hearing again and again the same questions about dance, Graines de Stars, ML may be boring for fans/us, but for people who don't remember her and by chance listened that radio, it could happen that they can recall that girl who was succesful nearly 10 years ago(or 3340 days:p); like: "Huh, Is it really she?"

Btw. That [didn't understand name] is Francois Hardy:p

user472884
02-28-2010, 02:12 AM
Damn it...

I had some stuff to take care of today (had to wake at like 5 am) so I missed both opportunities to listen to the interview.

I downloaded the file, and yet unsurprisingly again..... my macbook/quicktime "cannot play the .wma file because it is not a movie file"

I'm too tired to figure it out now.

FanDeAliFee
02-28-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks very much. :)
Yes, Plaz, I join with Rev in thanking you for providing the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153010&postcount=15">translated interview</a>.

I know AAm has a central collection of videos. It would be nice if there also was an archive of translated (and <i>authenticated</i>, e.g. mass-media-sourced) interviews. This could include links (or even IFRAME embeds) of materials originating elsewhere. Ben, would you have a helper who could accept nominations for entries in same?

On the other hand... maybe it would be much better for <i>la fille corse</i>, if she secured exclusive online republication rights to such things via Opendisc®! (Let's defer a discussion of legal vs. practical exclusivity for now.)

It must get too repetitive to talk about the beginning of her career, all the time, at every interview. I hope that they fulfill their promise and have her one there again for a longer time

That is very sensitive of you, Fall, but many people have it <i>much</i> worse! For part of my life, now mostly very long ago, I earned a living as a teacher. This not only included lecturing to hundreds of people at once, but at one point tutoring a dozen groups of a half-dozen students at a time once weekly with the <i>same</i> material. Believe me, by the tenth group, one was pretty darn <i>sick</i> of the material. I always respected those who had the stamina to continue not only year after year, but decade after decade.

This was decades ago, when the only <i>electronic</i> video-on-demand device on campus was a single large-format video cassette recorder which lived in the engineering library - and got almost no use at all. When I passed by it on occasion, I fantasized about the future day when everyone, both students and professors, would have a device like that for use ALL the time (cf. YouTube) LOL! Sadly, as recently as half a decade ago, I STILL saw a need, at least for some people, to <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150085&postcount=803">evangelize</a> the benefits of electronic video for instruction.

But if you REALLY want to pity someone who has to dish out the same <i>spiel</i> over and over and over again, look no further than someone running for political office! They will devote no small part of their life to having lunch at every two-bit civic society, at which they will give the same basic <i>stump speech</i> for the gazillionth time. I wonder when the day will arrive that society will grow up and settle for a video of the stump speech, followed by a live Q&A. Perhaps that is <i>already</i> happening in our YouTube age! (I haven't devoted a whole summer to serving as a political campaign volunteer in nearly four decades.)

Getting back to the interview, recently I <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=152308&postcount=93">wrote</a> the following:<blockquote><i>It happens there is also one song in her repetoire which really haunts me, in the sense communicated by the singer of </i>Killing Me Softly with His Song<i>. I know much better than to make too much of this, but the profound memories and feelings are evoked anyway, will and wit be damned. And if that is not delivering what art should, I don't know any better.</i></blockquote>I was amused that Alizée took the opportunity now to make a similar point about what she is trying to do:<blockquote><i>There are songs which represent me less than others, but it's not an [auto]biographical album where I only sing about me. Every one can finds himself in my songs and by every song they'll discover a new story.</i></blockquote>I have written a bit of satirical poetry, but never a song intended for sale. Yet even I know that in doing the latter, whether or not one simultaneously fashions a video for it greatly influences design: radio is not television!

Surely Alizée is sorry there was no opportunity to do music videos for this album, as she did a fine job with the <i>Mademoiselle Julliette</i> video, upon whose charm I have commented <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2010Jan/">here</a>. But you have to appreciate it costs a lot of money to lease (as well as decorate and staff) a facility like <i>Château Champlâtreux</i> - so much, in fact, they their Web site does not even quote a price (so they can <i>means-test</i> leasing parties during vacancies).

We operate a historic 19th century courthouse which has been used for location shooting more than once. We took in well over 1% of the tax digest value of this property just for a ONE-DAY <i>status-quo ante</i> shoot which provides location footage for the popular music video <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKm9hfxcHE8"><i>Naggin'</i></a>(+)

Is it surprising to read, that hypothetically, I would have much preferred we had had the <i>business</i> from <i>Société Alizée</i> instead?(++)

There is perhaps no little irony that our rustic venue (fewer people live in our <i>entire</i> county than Ajaccio) would be used by so "urban" an act as the <i>Ying Yang Twins</i>. But sadly, that's not to say there hasn't been a long history here of violence, vice and corruption to humble any <i>Gangsta Rap</i> video - or certain Mediterranean islands, for that matter. (People who know history suspect that <i>L’Île de Beauté</i> was previously called <i>L’Île de Batterie</i>, LOL!) We recently hosted a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithsonian_Institution">Smithsonian Institution</a> exhibit on vernacular food culture at the courthouse, so I made sure that part of the whole exposition included an exploration of our extensive and internationally (<i>sic.</i>) infamous <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonshining"><i>moonshining</i></a> history. (Don't laugh, but the current <i>mayor</i> of our county seat was an extra on the original US TV series, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dukes_of_Hazzard"><i>The Dukes of Hazard</i></a>.) Given that this history includes lots of horrific violence, I ended the story we tell with some comic relief: a <i>double sens</i> music video borrowed from YouTube. The performance is not up to the highest standards, but if you liked the double entendres in Alizée's earliest songs, you'll get a laugh from <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9op-Cq6Oto#t=0m13s"><i>The Moonshiner's Daughter</i></a>, who perhaps is kin to the infamous "Farmer's daughter" (capital intended), even if she is <i>nothing</i> at all like our princess, Mlle. Alizée.
<hr width="50%">
(+) I don't like <i>Rap</i> music any more than does Alizée, but as someone who was a sensible provincial bourgeois girl even before she became an artist, <i>la fille corse</i> understands that the bills <i>must</i> be paid. To do penance for contracting the shoot of <i>Naggin'</i>, I wrote an (unpublished) satirical poem called <i>Smurf Rap</i> which does a number on the <i>Gangsta Rap</i> genre. Friends insist it is quite hilarious. Typical <i>Rap</i> lyrics treat nubile women like inanimate toilets, rather than people with souls. It is very depressing to contemplate some poor woman reduced to "bitchdom." Those who have read me know I prefer to celebrate <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2009Dec/">Italian princesses</a>! Of course, being human, even they can prove a vexation to their men, as explored in the late <a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/04/nyregion/nicola-paone-the-italian-troubadour-and-a-restaurateur-dies-at-88.html?pagewanted=1">Nicola Paone</i></a>'s classic Sicilian-dialect English song, similar in spirit to <i>Naggin'</i>, called <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHSszSDTxI"><i>Blah, Blah, Blah</i></a>.

(++)I wrote my fellow facility lords the following jocular advice concerning future affair leases:
<blockquote><i>...if you do want to draw people to [our place] all the same, I think you should instead consider decorating it with the very pretty, lively things featured here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgKl6b7JZjA
(I hope you like Shakespeare.) [A person] even has a free-standing metal bathtub I donated to his charity warehouse he can let you have for a real bargain! <G>

Best,
[me]

...P.P.S. If you can't reach me by e-mail, try sending an SASE to
Attention: [me]
Casa di Giulietta
Via Cappello 23
Verona, Italia 37100

Grazie!</i></blockquote>

Roman
02-28-2010, 02:12 PM
...Yes, it was pretty cool for me to be able to just understand some of what was spoken with no translation necessary. It's like being lifted from poverty, though I'm still not really quite there yet. I also agree that Alizée was easier to understand than others, though she also slurs some words sometimes like a typical native speaker.

Haven't listened to much of it, but seems very different from her first radio apperance for Psychédélices! http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2511 Indeed. Back then she had been away from any interviews or the like for over three years, she was 19 the last time, and it was her first attempt to put together an album as "producer"--an album that she really put a lot into. Still, Alizée seems to usually have a way of coming off pretty laid back. In this interview it seems to me that she was pretty comfortable with them and just having a nice chat. She did have to fight her way into the conversation at times since they seemed to want to talk over her. I've noticed that a lot in various interviews with French people: interrupting each other. I don't know if that's more a French thing or just that I'm paying more attention.

Thanks for translation and for post...

I so luv her laugh. Its like she's in on an inside joke!Agree. It is kind of funny. Alizée has a very laid back kind of laugh.

Surely Alizée is sorry there was no opportunity to do music videos for this album, as she did a fine job with the <i>Mademoiselle Julliette</i> video, upon whose charm I have commented <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/2010Jan/">here</a>. But you have to appreciate it costs a lot of money to lease (as well as decorate and staff) a facility like <i>Château Champlâtreux</i> - so much, in fact, they their Web site does not even quote a price (so they can <i>means-test</i> leasing parties during vacancies).
...and it gave certain people visiting Paris (such as myself) the chance to go visit something Alizé-esk.

Jenny_HRO87
02-28-2010, 04:22 PM
I downloaded the file, and yet unsurprisingly again..... my macbook/quicktime "cannot play the .wma file because it is not a movie file"

<object width="480" height="365"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xceddr"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/xceddr" width="480" height="365" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xceddr_alizée-interview-radio-france-bleu_music">Aliz&eacute;e Interview RADIO / FRANCE BLEU (27.02.10)</a></b><br /><i>Hochgeladen von <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/alizee-corsicajaccio">alizee-corsicajaccio</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/de/channel/music">Entdecke weitere Musik Videos. </a></i>

maybe this will help... merci alizee-corsicajaccio

lefty12357
02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks, Jenny ! :)

Piblokto
02-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Damn it...

I'm too tired to figure it out now.

Quicktime/Itunes don't play Windows Media files (wma & wmv), you need to download flip4mac, it's free.
(http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/17787/flip4mac-wmv-player)
Or use VLC instead (free also)
You could have asked Alizée, she's a real mac addict...

Vista
02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
@docdtv

I enjoyed your post immediately above. In my personal life, I am just as verbose; but typically not online.

My communication driving force:
If I have one cup of coffee, I talk quite a bit;
If I have two cups of coffee, I ask lots of questions;
If I have three cups of coffee, I ask lots of questions and will answer them for you as well.
:)

AlphaDevil2
03-01-2010, 05:59 AM
The On Repeint La Musique podcast is also on Itunes now,

Just search for the 27th January show, Alizée is on about 8 minutes into the show soon after Les Rois Du Monde is played.

Bigdan
03-01-2010, 07:43 AM

sorry, but that's really funny here...:D
it's not "Lauriette" but " l'oreillette ".... the earphone !

btw: you did not translate everything ( i know it's a hard work) :
at one moment, the speaker is surprising to see what fans know about her and she says: " they know everything about me !" with a smile...

that was cool...

Criss_pl
03-01-2010, 08:29 AM
sorry, but that's really funny here...:D
it's not "Lauriette" but " l'oreillette ".... the earphone !

btw: you did not translate everything ( i know it's a hard work) :
at one moment, the speaker is surprising to see what fans know about her and she says: " they know everything about me !" with a smile...

that was cool...

Yes, there is much more in interview, but translation of everything is time-consuming work.
And I didn't noticed that translation, but it could sound pretty convincing:)

FanDeAliFee
03-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Or use VLC instead (free also)
You could have asked Alizée, she's a real mac addict...

VLC is very good - I've used it a lot (on Windows 98 no less).
You can even have it transcode between formats.
By the way, it's French, like the <i>Toc de Macintosh</i> lady.