PDA

View Full Version : [2010] Miscellaneous Articles & Interviews

Topaz
03-10-2010, 08:07 AM
------ Mod Note: ------

There will probably be many magazine aritlces in the coming months, so I'm making this combined thread for any that don't have their own photoshoot content. This first post will contain an updated index.

-March 10th: Brain Magazine (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5443)
-March 15th: Clark Magazine (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154506)
-March 17th: GQ Magazine (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154989)
-March 21st: Le Matin and 24 hueres (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=155299)
-March 21st: Many Internet Articles (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=155326)
-March 29th: Ouest France (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=156557)
-March 30th: Gente, Metro, and France-Soir (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=156754)
-March 30th: Don't Miss (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=156770)
-April 1st: Impre.com (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157613)
-April 3rd: Musik Please, France-Soir, and Premiere.fr (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157673)

------ Original Post ------

link (http://brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3392:alizee-une-fille-dans-le-vent&catid=94:accueil&Itemid=6)

Interesting interview where a tour is confirmed. Speaking of Rob:

"J'espère qu'il sera là pour la tournée mais bon, il fait la tournée de Phoenix…et la tournée de Phoenix c'est un peu 365 jours par an, alors on verra."

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/a007.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Merci Alizée
03-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Hmm many interesting things to know this month before the album is released.

Thanks Topaz for the update.

Chuck
03-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Here's the link to the Brain Magazine interview ("Alizee: A Girl In The Wind") - is this a sign that she's gained a new level of credibility? Definitely seems so. But I haven't read it all, yet.

Funny to me was that in the second line, they mention her being a Dental Star in Peru. Click that, and you see what they mean. Do we have to start a thread about Alizée's teeth now? :blink:

March 10, 2010 BRAIN MAGAZINE Interview w/ Alizée (http://brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3392:alizee-une-fille-dans-le-vent&catid=94:accueil&Itemid=6)

Anyway, must run. I'd say I'll come back to translate this later, but I'm confident one of you folks will beat me to it. :D

ps - I've heard some rumors that the "geeky" aspects of her image (playing videogames, poker, being a mac addict, etc) may be somewhat exaggerated to better appeal to us geeky Americans. But we should take that as a compliment, or at least a very positive sign. ;)

Merci Alizée
03-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Well one can see the translated version of the interview <a href= "http://translate.google.co.in/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbrain-magazine.com%2Findex.php%3Foption%3Dcom_content%26 view%3Darticle%26id%3D3392%3Aalizee-une-fille-dans-le-vent%26catid%3D94%3Aaccueil%26Itemid%3D6&sl=auto&tl=en#submit"> here</a>

P.S.
It's 1:15 am here and I'm too tired to post the full English translation here. I'll do that tomorrow if no one posts by then.

Roman
03-11-2010, 12:08 AM
...- is this a sign that she's gained a new level of credibility? What? Because she did an interview with this magazine you mean? She's been in all kinds of magazines. If you mean, "a girl in the wind" ... they always say that. ;) I suppose they will never get tired of playing with her name.

Funny to me was that in the second line, they mention her being a Dental Star in Peru. Click that, and you see what they mean. Do we have to start a thread about Alizée's teeth now? :blink: Maybe you could just tell us what they mean. And I think you mean another thread about her teeth. Everything about her has been talked about before at one time or another. And yeah, you might as well.

ps - I've heard some rumors that the "geeky" aspects of her image (playing videogames, poker, being a mac addict, etc) may be somewhat exaggerated to better appeal to us geeky Americans. ...Yeah, that doesn't suprise me. Gives them something to talk about. For us? Well, I don't know about that, but you guys are pretty geeky alright.

Thanks for the links and all guys. I can't even read it right now. No time at all.

wasabi622
03-11-2010, 12:29 AM
Sweet! Thanks for finding it for us. :D

Chuck
03-11-2010, 03:36 AM
Here's the link to the Brain Magazine interview ("Alizee: A Girl In The Wind") - is this a sign that she's gained a new level of credibility? Definitely seems so. Link to March 10, 2010 BRAIN MAGAZINE Interview w/ Alizée (http://brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3392:alizee-une-fille-dans-le-vent&catid=94:accueil&Itemid=6)
What? Because she did an interview with this magazine you mean? She's been in all kinds of magazines. If you mean, "a girl in the wind" ... they always say that. ;) I suppose they will never get tired of playing with her name.

No, I meant because it's "Brain Magazine". The press never considered her especially "brainy" before.

Funny to me was that in the second line, they mention her being a Dental Star in Peru. Click that, and you see what they mean. Do we have to start a thread about Alizée's teeth now? :blink:
Maybe you could just tell us what they mean. And I think you mean another thread about her teeth. Everything about her has been talked about before at one time or another. And yeah, you might as well.

All right, Roman, I'll spill: click the link and it shows a bunch of dentist's signs in Peru that all feature a smiling, young Alizée. Vis à vis:

http://brain-magazine.com/images/stories/PAGE_PUTE/ALIZEE/alizee-cusco.JPG

ps - I've heard some rumors that the "geeky" aspects of her image (playing videogames, poker, being a mac addict, etc) may be somewhat exaggerated to better appeal to us geeky Americans. But we should take that as a compliment, or at least a very positive sign. ;)
Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. Gives them something to talk about. For us? Well, I don't know about that, but you guys are pretty geeky alright.

Heyyyy! Ouch!! Now my pocket protector fell out!!! :p

Wasabi, you're welcome! I'm still workin on the transulation, cause it's an interesting piece, but the Google translation Merci Alizée posted was still pretty hard to understand. (Just the same, Merci à Merci Alizée!!!)

Edit: >>> okay, here it is. <<<
__________________________________________________ _____

ALIZÉE – Une Fille Dans Le Vent (A Girl In The Wind)
BRAIN MAGAZINE, March 10, 2010.

Alizée was No. 1 around the world with a hit which pleased even the old men. In Peru, she was a dentistry star (Click here-funny!) (http://www.brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3311:alizee-star-dentaire-au-perou&catid=92:putes&Itemid=69) and in Mexico, she could not go anywhere without her bodyguards. And then suddenly the little pop singer raised by Mylène Farmer has decided to make music with the producers from Institubes: Chateau Marmont, Rob, David Rubato, Tahiti Boy Tacteel and Para One. The result is the concept album, A Child of the Century, entirely written by Jean-René Etienne, head of the label. If because of her, the Kevins and Sylvies of France begin to throw their panties before Chateau Marmont, we promise to come every day and place a red rose in front of her house.

You've had good reviews on this album?
Alizée: Somewhat, yes. Especially from people who hadn't listened to me before. It's also pretty cool that some of the music press, I had perhaps not had before, are now interested in this project. In the past, the people who interviewed me did not care about the album. Here the people really speak to me about my album, and when one is an artist it's good to talk about what we do and what we love.

How is that you are now working with the crew at Institubes?
Alizée: For most of my singles, I asked musicians to remix the title for clubs to have something more to go out to the fans. On my previous album, I had this song Fifty Sixty, which was my second single. My DA at the time at Sony suggested to me a remix by David Rubato, who was at Institubes. David made a version that was really a song in itself. I loved it, and I thought the video was well done and that it would bring something else to the album. That's how I met Jean-René Etienne of Institubes, and Rebecca who made the video for Fifty Sixty - David Rubato version. At that point, I was beginning to think about my new album and I did not know exactly what to do. Jean-René asked me to meet the producers of his label. So I met the Chateau Marmont, Tacteel and all others at the same appointment. It went really well. From there, it was decided to try to do a concept album.

At that point, you knew Institubes?
Alizée: By name. But no, I did not know what they were doing. And besides, I did not even want to listen before receiving their proposals for my album because I wanted to give them the chance to do something for me, from what I inspired in them and that the story inspired in them. So then, I heard what Institubes does only after listening to their productions for my album.

What were your aims for this album?
Alizée: Actually, it was an idea of Jean-René to do this album. I just told them I wanted to do something opposite to what I am. My voice, it is like it is. When I listen to someone singing on the radio, I like to recognize them immediately. I wanted it to be a pop album, I did not want to make a trendy album that nobody buys ... I wanted to continue in my thing, make my album and they would bring their ideas, their vision of music. That's how, little by little, each sent me songs and the album was built.

What were your musical references for this album?
Alizée: I have a few references that are the opposite of what I have done musically. I've always loved Madonna and Michael, Blondie, Aznavour ... Moroder and Blondie, obviously with the Chateau Marmont, it went well with their style of music. According to Rob, his reference was Jeanette, this is not someone I listen to but I know the reference and it did not bother me. David Rubato, his reference was mostly Gainsbourg and I am mega fan of Gainsbourg. They were all, at once trying to adjust to my style while still doing their things.

What are the albums you've listened to most in your life?
Alizee: All Michael. Madonna, all her first until Mirwais, after that, less. Today, I like Jay-Z, The Killers. I never had a particular favorite style of music, I always liked lots of different things.

This album represents something different from your previous albums?
Alizée: It's different because I'm twenty-five now and that I may have a certain maturity that I had not before. My last album, I had produced all alone with my husband (Jérémy Chatelain). Here, I am working with talented people who have their own vision, their own ideas. I feel like I was learning a lot, a bit like ten years ago, when Mylène Farmer was teaching me the trade.

Do you feel like you're taking a gamble with this disc?
Alizée: Yes. But I think the risk was already there since when I separated from Mylene. In fact I'm pretty calm now, I do not think about it too much. Finally, at the same time, we'll see when the album comes out ... I'm not one to ask myself questions, as long as my project pleases me and I took it from A to Z. We'll see how people receive it.

Yes, it is in France ...
Alizée: Right. Before, I thought much about it. I said to myself: "France is complicated because you can not stray too far from what you do, people are quickly lost." But here I no longer ask myself the question because this disc is a pop album. Unlike Charlotte Gainsbourg, I haven't made an album dedicated to a certain audience. My album, I want it to be popular, I want to continue to sell records and to do les Enfoirés.

There is a dark side to this album ...
Alizée: More so than before, yes. It is less colorful. And at the same time, I'm twenty-five, I'm not going to do happy stuff all the time. And it's also good to change. But then that's my personality. I love manga stuff and everything bright and colorful, and that's good, you know. But after a while I like the dark stuff and I love to sing without a smile. And then at the same time this is a concept album, this is not just me talking even if I can find myself in the songs and words. That suits me a bit besides the fact that this is a concept album because I'm a little reserved, a bit unsociable, I do not display my life ...

If you had to summarize the conceptual side of the album precisely, what would you say?
Alizée: It's a novel. If you take a song from its context and listen to it like that, people can like it because it can stand on its own, but at the same time, it makes you want to listen to the whole album to hear the story.

If it does not sell, will it be a real disappointment?
Alizée: Ouais quand même ouais. * (Alizée: Yeah just the same yeah. )

It's Chateau Marmont that produced half the album. Why them?
Alizée: Yes, they made the most songs, but it's Rob who has made the album. Rob did 3 titles, Marmont 5. Once the tracks were made, it was Rob who sat in the studio to get the sound of the album so that everything is consistent. I received the songs - unfinished - and I had to decide to accept them or not. But I accepted almost all, I had to decline only 2, maybe 3. Then, the lyrics came. And then there are the choices of mixes.

I'll list 6 producers of the album, and you're going to describe each in a few words. First Rob?
Alizée: Well Rob is the person with whom I spent the most time. I love Rob because I feel that we love the same kind of music. We hear each other really well. It's rare to agree so well with people with whom you work and you see all the time. He was very important on the album. We were often in complete accord – which is not to say that I disagreed with the others. He appeases, he is always cheerful, he quickly puts you at ease. It is difficult to sing in front of people you don't know at first. It's harder to sing in a room where there are 2 people than in front of 3000 people. Rob is very calming, everything flows, everything is really good. I hope he will be there for the tour but hey, he's doing Phoenix's tour ... and that's just 365 days a year, so we'll see.

David Rubato?
Alizée: It's with credit to him that the story began. David has lots and lots of talent but he does not show many things. I don't know how much music he has in his computer, but he is never sure things are good when all he does is good. On the other hand, he is the biggest perfectionist of all the producers. He listens to every sound, every syllable, every breath. It's super interesting to work with him.

Chateau Marmont?
Alizée: They all four have different personalities. They complement each other. And they are super good melodists. After all is said and done, they may be known to most as musicians and producers of music but in melodies, they are really strong, in fact it is they who made my first single. I believe they have a great career ahead. I think people will ask them for a lot of titles and not just from the industry side, but also the popular side. I hope so, because they deserve it.

Tahiti Boy?
Alizée: He's the one I know the least. I worked with him on Grand Central but he was not there when we went into the studio, it's Tacteel who was there, so I have seen him very little. I do not know him well but I did something with him for a Christmas song ("It's Christmas And It Won't Be The Last") with other friends of his, and it was really good.

Tacteel?
Alizée: I first met him at that first meeting. I had heard a lot about Tacteel with his band at the time (ATK). He, too, as an artist, he will do great things in the future. He really has a lot of talent.

Para One?
Alizée: Para One came last. He should not have been on the album but he offered me a song that I adored and which really cohered with the album. Such, I have rarely seen. So I spent a whole day with him and it went really well. All these guys are really cool. It's rare that things happen so well and fly so fast.

Which of these is the nicest?
Alizée: Nicest? It's complicated. I would not say the nicest but the most Zen is Rob.

The most handsome?
Alizee: The handsomest? Holala! I'm going to say Julian of Marmont.

Le plus sale*? The dirtiest?
Alizée: Le plus saaaale? (The diirrrtiest?) Ahah! Halala… le plus sale! (Halala ... the dirtiest!) Je peux dire qui mais c'est une joke hein? (I can say who but it is a joke right?) Guillaume des Marmont. (Guillaume from Marmont.) Il va m'en vouloir! (He will be angry!)

Would it make you happy that the industry likes your music or do you not care?
Alizée: Yes it would please me if they like something popular. Being popular doesn't mean something is not good. I am confident that one can be mainstream and do things of quality.

(fin):o *(asterisks just above because I had to leave her original responses.)

Roman
03-11-2010, 05:23 AM
All right, Roman, I'll spill: click the link and it shows a bunch of dentist's signs in Peru that all feature a smiling, young Alizée. Vis à vis:

...Oh wow! Well, sorry, I didn't notice that that was a link. I thought it would be harder to find. That is... I don't even know where to start.

And dude, just 'cause it's called brain magazine... uh, have you looked at what else is on their site? It's not about being brainy.
Still haven't read it all yet, but...

Alizée: Yes it would please me if they like something popular. Being popular doesn't mean something is not good. I am confident that one can be mainstream and do things of quality. :( I find this a sad commentary on how perhaps Alizée has seen her previous work. I have heard of someone close to or maybe Alizée herself referring her previous stuff as just crappy pop music or something to that effect and indeed a lot of people think of it the same way people talk about Britney Spears. I know a guy who is a musican and he was like, 'oh yeah, crappy stuff like Britney Spears who can't even really sing that well. I'm a musician. I like real music.' I suppose being on her side of the fence she runs into a lot of musicians who have their opinions about what "quality" music is and find the general public (us) to be a bunch of uneducated saps who haven't a clue what good music is. You know, artistic types. :p Well, and at the same time as I was just kind of joking there, we who are not "artists" (however you care to define that) tend to think they are too much up their ... hoohaas ... about the whole thing. We just care about enjoying what we come across, usually without putting much effort into it. To make a long story short, I thought the first two albums she did were of the highest quality so far, though Psychédélices was certainly professionally produced. Maybe it's just a question of style. However, I get the impression that Alizée may not have or feel much respect for what she's done in the past. If so, I'm afraid she really missed/doesn't understand much of what was so great about it. Just as some people might focus in on solely the idea that she had a lot of children fans and that some of the lyrics were frivolous in nature, I'm afraid Alizée may see it that way as well. I also wonder if another aspect entirely eludes such people, which is that while music is great and we all really are very affected by certain music, the music itself only goes just so far. With Alizée it was everything put together into a great experience, a phenomenon that one can be enthralled by that goes well beyond the simple notes and lyrics. I was really moved by the beautiful notes and meaning of the lyrics in some songs. Somehow it seemed to mean something even if in reality it didn't really mean anything to her. Honestly, that's what's missing now. I don't as much get the feeling that the songs connect up to Alizée (even as a persona) much or that I can relate to them. Maybe that's something that is just out of her control and relates more to the audience than the creator, but that is a difference. And, I think it's a difference that Mylène understood. So, excuse me if I get defensive to criticism of Alizée's earlier work or any suggestion of it. I find it b.s. that they are even talking that way. Good music is that which I like and if there are "industry guys" who are so full of themselves that they think popular music can't be good (presumably because we are all lowly clueless commoners) they can bite me and I'm really sorry that Alizée has had to work amongst such people (or that she has had to face that kind of attitude). Having said that, of course, just because something is popular does not at all make me think it is good and I do understand that sometimes because of marketing and the way attention begets attention things that are mediocre get more popular than better stuff. I've heard good music being played in the halls of the Paris metro.

oops. sorry for the long rant

Chuck
03-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Don't be sorry, Roman - great stuff you write there. As you said, just because it's called "Brain" doesn't mean it's brainy. But this interview is a little bit more in-depth than many previous ones. I like that they asked her about the different contributors to the album, and we get to hear her impressions of these guys.

I also like your point about people describing themselves as "artists" and then being too much up their "...hoohaas". I definitely hear you there. I call Alizée an "artist", and I've argued in these pages why I think that. But when she (or anyone) calls her/himself "an artist", like she does in this article, that's when I start to worry about the "artist's" ego. Lady Gaga never hesitates to call herself an artist at every opportunity, but me, I call her a big self-promoter. (and I also call her Lady Gag.)

I guess I'd feel more comfortable about it if Alizée called herself a performer (as Barrett had said she was), or a singer, or something more humble. It seems that it should be up to the public to decide when titles like that are bestowed. At the same time, though, I must admit that being humble only gets one so far. If Lady Gag was humble, we'd never have heard of her at all! The same could be said for Madonna, Britney, lots of people.

Ultimately, then, I'm deciding that I think it's good Lili now calls herself "Artiste". That's definitely a difference from the Alizée of her early years. But I believe it means that she feels she's changed and grown that much. She shows the self-confidence now needed to compete in that pool filled with Brit, Madonna, Lady Gag, Lily Allen, P!nk, Rihanna, Shakira, Beyoncé, Avril, Nelly, Regina, and so many more.

The only question is - is there room in that pool for her to squeeze in? If not, she may have to get even tougher, pull some hair, throw some elbows. What I mean is, she's changed, obviously, but to really succeed internationally, she may have to change even more. :eek:

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Oh wow! Well, sorry, I didn't notice that that was a link. I thought it would be harder to find. That is... I don't even know where to start.

And dude, just 'cause it's called brain magazine... uh, have you looked at what else is on their site? It's not about being brainy.
Still haven't read it all yet, but...
:( I find this a sad commentary on how perhaps Alizée has seen her previous work. I have heard of someone close to or maybe Alizée herself referring her previous stuff as just crappy pop music or something to that effect and indeed a lot of people think of it the same way people talk about Britney Spears. I know a guy who is a musican and he was like, 'oh yeah, crappy stuff like Britney Spears who can't even really sing that well. I'm a musician. I like real music.' I suppose being on her side of the fence she runs into a lot of musicians who have their opinions about what "quality" music is and find the general public (us) to be a bunch of uneducated saps who haven't a clue what good music is. You know, artistic types. :p Well, and at the same time as I was just kind of joking there, we who are not "artists" (however you care to define that) tend to think they are too much up their ... hoohaas ... about the whole thing. We just care about enjoying what we come across, usually without putting much effort into it. To make a long story short, I thought the first two albums she did were of the highest quality so far, though Psychédélices was certainly professionally produced. Maybe it's just a question of style. However, I get the impression that Alizée may not have or feel much respect for what she's done in the past. If so, I'm afraid she really missed/doesn't understand much of what was so great about it. Just as some people might focus in on solely the idea that she had a lot of children fans and that some of the lyrics were frivolous in nature, I'm afraid Alizée may see it that way as well. I also wonder if another aspect entirely eludes such people, which is that while music is great and we all really are very affected by certain music, the music itself only goes just so far. With Alizée it was everything put together into a great experience, a phenomenon that one can be enthralled by that goes well beyond the simple notes and lyrics. I was really moved by the beautiful notes and meaning of the lyrics in some songs. Somehow it seemed to mean something even if in reality it didn't really mean anything to her. Honestly, that's what's missing now. I don't as much get the feeling that the songs connect up to Alizée (even as a persona) much or that I can relate to them. Maybe that's something that is just out of her control and relates more to the audience than the creator, but that is a difference. And, I think it's a difference that Mylène understood. So, excuse me if I get defensive to criticism of Alizée's earlier work or any suggestion of it. I find it b.s. that they are even talking that way. Good music is that which I like and if there are "industry guys" who are so full of themselves that they think popular music can't be good (presumably because we are all lowly clueless commoners) they can bite me and I'm really sorry that Alizée has had to work amongst such people (or that she has had to face that kind of attitude). Having said that, of course, just because something is popular does not at all make me think it is good and I do understand that sometimes because of marketing and the way attention begets attention things that are mediocre get more popular than better stuff. I've heard good music being played in the halls of the Paris metro.

oops. sorry for the long rant

Long rants are fine! And this one was quite interesting. Usually, due to time constraints, I tend to simply skim posts such as this. But this one had me enthralled... Amazing work! Oh, and I don't get the signs at all. Think they are trying to trick people to think that her teeth are THEIR work? Really? Because that is plain idiocy. Alizee has some popularity in Peru, right? It would be like an American dental office with pictures of some popular girl here. I don't know who is popular here, I don't listen to American music.

Fall
03-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Alizée: ... I've always loved Madonna and Michael...

Alizee: ...All Michael...

I definitely detected a bit of MJ in some of the Amazon samples and singles, I don't know why. Maybe I'm just imagining things. But either way...

:D:D:D:D:D
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/Fall06/MJ%20Album/1046.jpg

pepelepew
03-11-2010, 04:31 PM
I really liked your post Roman. Very inciteful. I'm still not sure that Alizee was commenting on her own previous stuff or popular music in general and making sure that what she puts out is the best she can. I also hope that she is not minimizing her previous work because it was definitely quality and although her early stuff was pre-teen and teen experiences as we all know melodically, vocally and arrangements were pure genious. I think I see how perfectionistic she is and determined to grow as a music artist as most important above commercial success. I respect her for that a great deal. I also heard her say that she does see commercial success as important and that both can be accomplished without sacrificing quality or selling out for pure commercial success. I am also not convinced that anyone she has worked with since MF/LB are as talented as them in any way. To be fair it is hard to make the comparison since her musical style in Psych and especially EDS are quite different. Also my personal bias against electronica probably taints my objectivity. Did you catch her statement about working with professional production crew this time. Kind of sounded like a dig at Jeremy as not being a talented professional. I probably read more into it than was there though.

lefty12357
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Great posts, guys. And for what it's worth, I'm a musician and I find all Alizée's work from all 3 previous albums to be quite good. I consider her an artist, even if she doesn't play an instrument or write the music and lyrics. She brings something to the music with her voice and how she chooses to use it. And of course there is the way she presents the work in live performance.

On Psych and UEDS, she influences how the music will sound and makes choices about the songs. And I'm sure she's giving her input during the mixing process. She deserves some credit for all that. She has nothing to be ashamed of and everything to be proud of. From what I've heard, UEDS will be quite good too.

Just ask C-4 what he thinks. He's a musician too, and he's been in the business for years.

Edit: I forgot to say, I really liked this interview.

Chuck
03-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Lefty, thanks for your comments, I liked this interview a lot, too. Unlike yourself and C4, I'm totally not a musician, but I still get a buzz from hearing how songs and albums came together. :p

Fall06, I was hoping you'd find those Michaels! Glad you did. :p

paintballpdh19
03-12-2010, 01:30 AM
thanks for the translation :)

Toc De Mac
03-14-2010, 02:00 PM
Interview d'Alizée dans le nouveau CLARK MAGAZINE (disponible chez le marchand de journaux)

Alizée interviewed in the new CLARK MAGAZINE (available from news agents)

http://www.clarkmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cover-41-380x507.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/freedom_gundam/alize.jpg

Merci Alizée
03-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Well good work TDM, thanks for posting the scans. Waiting for better quality scans and the translations.

Criss_pl
03-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Wow, next press article. Hope we get readable scans quickly, but I don't care about translations:p

Deepwaters
03-14-2010, 02:41 PM
I don't care about the translation either but not everyone here reads French. Readable scans, then I or someone will translate.

Alex
03-17-2010, 10:14 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/thecure_04/gqavril210.jpg

Fall
03-17-2010, 10:20 PM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/thecure_04/gqavril210.jpg

I love the photo! She looks great :D
And I can actually understand a bit of the article as well! My efforts have not been in vain. Thanks for posting it :)

User22
03-17-2010, 10:52 PM
hahah just saw this thread and loved the Peruvian Dental Sign with Gourmanalizée on it hahaha

Merci Alizée
03-21-2010, 12:26 PM
Two new interviews have been posted on websites.

First interview is posted on "Le Matin.ch" website.

http://www.lematin.ch/loisirs/musique-concerts/alizee-espere-garder-cote-populaire-252443/

The second interview has been posted on 24 hueres website.

http://www.24heures.ch/actu/culture/alizee-souffle-vague-electro-2010-03-19

In the first interview she says that she wants to keep all her fans with her. She also talks about her daughter, how she met with her new team, Mylene, Mexico and Les Enfoires.

The second is bit different than the usual ones. Of course the topics can't change, but the questions are asked in different manner.

I'm not posting the translation here as I my French is not so good. All I can do is to understand the things. So, waiting for someone to post good translations of both interviews especially the second one.

Deepwaters
03-21-2010, 12:37 PM
Neither of those links worked.

Merci Alizée
03-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Neither of those links worked.

oops!!! can't understand this thing. Both the links work for me. This has happened earlier too when a link posted by me doesn't work. :confused:

ALS
03-21-2010, 12:52 PM
First interview Google Translate:

Alizée: "I hope to keep my side People"

Image © DR Image © DR

Who knew? Alizee is a star in Mexico. It is no coincidence that on this disc is a title sung in Spanish

Ten years ago, she played the lolitas. Today, she is surrounded by the cream of Parisian underground for "A Child of the Century", a new album under the sign of Andy Warhol. And is one of the trendy magazines

Karine Vouillamoz - March 20, 2010, 19h37
Le Matin Dimanche

"Excuse me, that's racing!" Launches Alizée to explain his slight delay. "I try to manage my daughter. I've never had a nanny, because I always wanted to take care of it. I juggle a bit but I'm doing, "she said, laughing. It is Alizee, 25, made famous in the world with "Moi, Lolita", a song written by Mylène Farmer measure.

Since the young woman was emancipated. She became a mother and chose the path of independence. And then she was surrounded by the cream of Parisian underground - the artists of independent label Institubes, Chateau Marmont to Rob via Tahiti Boy - a concept album about the life of Edie Sedgwick, muse-new York who lived in the shadow of Andy Warhol. "A Child of the Century" presents a new facet of Alizee, a voice sometimes childlike, sometimes with accents "farmériens" balance of pretty words on sheets of very captivating 1980s. A true success.

You're the One "Technikart" gay magazine "Tetu" would you became the new face of trendy? I do not care a bit. I just know I'm pretty mainstream, consumer, was also the aim of covering Technikart. I hope to keep my side while people around me every time people with whom I want to work.

For "A Child of the Century", how did you come into contact with Institubes?
On my previous album had a song called "Fifty-Sixty". As with all my singles, I'm remixing songs for clubs. I came across a man Institubes. His work gave me so much that I met the boss of the label. We then thought of making an album just around the conceptual theme of the Factory of Andy Warhol. It must be a mini-album 5 or 6 titles. I met people like Chateau Marmont or Tahiti Boy, who are also producers, and it went so well that the songs came and multiplied.

This album is a way to get rid of the label of Lolita?
We do not call me like that long ago. Already with psychedelic, people saw that I had grown up, that things have evolved, only 25 years, it is not the same as 15.

Why are you a star in Mexico?
I had the chance to go to Mexico to ten times since my last album was released there. I went to tour. I'm very lucky to be able m'exporter while singing in French. Moreover, on this album, there is "The Candida", a title in Spanish is a little wink to the loyal audience that loves what I do.

The public popularity of your site resembles that caused by Mylène Farmer ...
It's different, Mylène fans are fanatics. In Mexico, people love music they are fans of artists. It's different.

You've never regretted leaving the duo Boutonnat-Farmer?
Oh no, not at all, I think if I had not met them, I could not produce my albums. I learned a lot and today I am happy because I blossom more.
I like more what I do.

In the meantime, you take the Mylène Farmer on tour Enfoirés ...
Yes, I am very proud!

Participate Enfoirés is a way to stay popular?
If I make the Restos du Coeur, this is really not for my personal career, it is primarily for the good cause. We are happy to do that, it all really means, we love to return every year to a new city and forget a little that we are. At the same time, we would like not having to revisit every year, there are more people in the street.

Merci Alizée
03-21-2010, 12:55 PM
New links

For the first one : http://bit.ly/d5ubO2

and for the second interview : http://bit.ly/bNkeqB

Hope that they work now.

Deepwaters
03-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes, that worked. Thanks! :)

Alex
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
I don't know if this is the proper Thread, so if someone knows a bteer place, please let me know; Thanks

Articles from France and Italy

Source: Beckham-AlizeeLatino.com

Italy

http://www.gossipblog.it/post/13925/alizee-e-diventata-grande-ed-e-stupenda-le-foto-di-liberation-next

http://www.rockol.it/news-106621/Il-ritorno-di-Aliz%C3%A9e--guarda-il-video-del-nuovo-'Les-collines---Never-leave-you'

http://music.fanpage.it/il-ritorno-di-alizee/

http://www.soundsblog.it/post/10228/alizee-la-lolita-francese-e-diventata-grande-ascolta-il-singolo-les-collines-never-leave-you-e-guarda-la-foto

France:

http://www.yagg.com/2010/03/20/alizee-nouveau-clip-nouveau-style-la-bonne-surprise/

http://www.scooppeople.fr/article-12815-decouvrez-les-collines-le-nouveau-clip-d-alizee.html

http://musique.ados.fr/news/alizee-les-collines-clip_article4769.html

http://www.elle.fr/elle/Loisirs/Musique/News/Video-Alizee-revient-en-femme-fatale-avec-un-clip-electro/(gid)/1195481

http://www.influmedia.com/2010/031910819-clip-nouveau-single-pour-alizee-les-collines-never-leave-you.html

http://www.minutebuzz.com/Alyzee-retour-gagnant_a1008.html

http://www.starwizz.com/alizee-revient-en-pin-up-sexy-dans-son-nouveau-clip-les-collines-video-26708

http://www.musiquemag.com/news-le-clip-d-alizee-les-collines-never-leave-you-1438.htm

http://www.zestofpeople.com/2010/03/19/les-collines-le-nouveau-clip-d-alizee-est-disponible/

Roman
03-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Two new interviews have been posted on websites.
...Thanks to all, but especially this. Actual interviews are always more interesting than simply comments about her. So, it's interesting, on the second one they said the album is called « Une fille du siècle ». That pretty much translates the same, but it's not technically the name of the album, yet they gave enough time to do an interview with Alizée. I wonder how busy she is with various interviews and stuff like interview proposals that never happen. We never see the entirety of it.
Don't be sorry, Roman - great stuff you write there. As you said, just because it's called "Brain" doesn't mean it's brainy. But this interview is a little bit more in-depth than many previous ones. I like that they asked her about the different contributors to the album, and we get to hear her impressions of these guys.

I also like your point about people describing themselves as "artists" and then being too much up their "...hoohaas". I definitely hear you there. I call Alizée an "artist", and I've argued in these pages why I think that. But when she (or anyone) calls her/himself "an artist", like she does in this article, that's when I start to worry about the "artist's" ego. Lady Gaga never hesitates to call herself an artist at every opportunity, but me, I call her a big self-promoter. (and I also call her Lady Gag.)

I guess I'd feel more comfortable about it if Alizée called herself a performer (as Barrett had said she was), or a singer, or something more humble. It seems that it should be up to the public to decide when titles like that are bestowed. At the same time, though, I must admit that being humble only gets one so far. If Lady Gag was humble, we'd never have heard of her at all! The same could be said for Madonna, Britney, lots of people.

Ultimately, then, I'm deciding that I think it's good Lili now calls herself "Artiste". That's definitely a difference from the Alizée of her early years. But I believe it means that she feels she's changed and grown that much. She shows the self-confidence now needed to compete in that pool filled with Brit, Madonna, Lady Gag, Lily Allen, P!nk, Rihanna, Shakira, Beyoncé, Avril, Nelly, Regina, and so many more.

The only question is - is there room in that pool for her to squeeze in? If not, she may have to get even tougher, pull some hair, throw some elbows. What I mean is, she's changed, obviously, but to really succeed internationally, she may have to change even more. :eek:
Well, if one actually has a vision and molds it into creation in some medium, then I guess one can call one's self an artist. I'm not really sure if Alizée is doing that or not, but yeah, I do feel like she's being a bit more aggressive this time around. I suppose she realized that she must. Then again, it's always hard to tell what is strategic, who's idea (or demand) something is, or what. It's not like she posts in a blog saying, so and so called me today and pitched this idea, but I told him no, let's do this instead, bla bla bla. She has talked a bit about who did what and how things have happened in various interviews, but I suppose it's all about 1/100th of what has happened.

Criss_pl
03-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Thanks for all these links, men. Nice to read all those news. They are concerned mainly on new single and Her return with something new and different. I'm a bit tired of reading again and again interviews when they ask about Mylène, their collaboration, their split etc. Maybe it's interesting but a lot of people already know it. There are many more interesting things at this time.

Nice fail with that "fille du siècle":p I doubt in professionalism, especially when they talk a lot about this album.

Merci Alizée
03-22-2010, 10:03 AM
If you want to read the latest articles about Alizée on the web, then you can create a Google Alert about for the desired words and they will send you a mail about all the new articles. I have been using it and get a lot of blog entries and web entries everyday.

Bigdan
03-29-2010, 08:09 PM
http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuDet_-L-etonnant-et-reussi-retour-electro-d-Alizee_39382-1315079_actu.Htm

not bad...:cool:

lefty12357
03-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks Bigdan ! :)

Plaz
03-30-2010, 07:04 AM
"DEVENUE PLUS CHIC" !

Tel est la représentation que se font les mexicains d'Alizée suite à l'invitation qui leur a été faite au showcase de Paris, à la suite du quel la "Une" du journal "Gente!" du 25 mars est consacré à Alizée.

Une immense photo inédite en prime qui risque de donner à cette article le statut d'"incontournable" aux affectionnados de presse alizéene.
http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/1747/68image.th.jpg (http://img51.imageshack.us/i/68image.jpg/)

Translation

"BECOME MORE CHIC"!

Such is the representation that the Mexicans are Alizee's response to the invitation which has been made to showcase in Paris, as a result of what the "A" journal "Gente!" March 25 is dedicated to Alizee.

An unpublished photo huge bonus that could give this article the status of "essential" to affectionnados Press alizéene.

-----------------

Le showcase a porté ses fruits !
Le quotidien Metro (edition Française) consacre sa "Une" à Alizée ! A retenir dans l'article (en page 12) :

- Une tournée pour la rentrée
- Un album addictif à plusieurs écoutes

(scann en HQ ce soir)

http://www.nidalizee.com/news/67_image.JPG

Translation

The showcase has borne fruit!
The Daily Metro (French edition) devotes its "A" to Alizee! Remember in the article (page 12):

- A tour for school
- An addictive album in several plays

(scanned in tonight HQ)

----------------------

http://www.francesoir.fr/plus/alizee-change-de-cap

Alizée change de cap
29/03/10 à 12h23
Elle a déjà dix ans de métier. A seulement 25 ans, Alizée Jacotey mène sa barque avec la poigne et la détermination de celles qui savent où elles vont.

France-Soir. Avec ce nouvel album, vous changez encore d’univers musical…
Alizée. Je reçois souvent des propositions. Quand est sorti Psychédélices en 2007, j’ai reçu un morceau du label Institubes. Ils m’ont alors présenté de jeunes producteurs, je me suis sentie à l’aise avec eux, ils m’ont apporté leurs couleurs et leurs sons.

Si vous deviez définir votre univers ?
De la variété pop faite par des gens qui ne viennent pas de la variété. En France, les gens sont catalogués, mis dans des cases. Moi, j’ai le sentiment qu’il est possible de tout mélanger.

Vous-même êtes cataloguée comme la gamine sexy cornaquée par Mylène Farmer qui interprétait à 15 ans Moi… Lolita…
Cette chanson sortie il y a dix ans a été une formidable chance. Grâce à elle, j’ai commencé en fanfare, j’ai été à la meilleure école.

« Je ne suis pas Britney Spears »

Vous avez commencé très jeune. C’est lourd à porter ?
Je pense avoir bien grandi. Il n’y a pas de secrets, pas de recettes : j’ai toujours été très bien entourée, je me suis mariée, j’ai eu un enfant. Je ne suis pas Britney Spears, nous ne sommes pas aux Etats-Unis. Et le côté paillettes de ce métier ne m’a jamais attirée.

Votre musique remporte un certain succès à l’international…
Oui, au Mexique. Je cherche encore pourquoi exactement. C’est peut-être à cause d’une certaine fraîcheur et de mon côté sexy qui plaît beaucoup là-bas. Le plus marrant est qu’ils ne connaissent pas mon passé, ni Moi… Lolita ni Mylène Farmer. Ils m’aiment pour moi et j’en suis très fière.

Que faites-vous lorsque vous n’êtes pas Alizée ?
Je m’occupe beaucoup de ma fille, je l’emmène et je vais la chercher à l’école. Je passe beaucoup de temps en Corse où je suis née aussi. J’y trouve ma force et mon équilibre.

Un virage réussi

On l’avait laissée en 2007 entre les mains de son mari l’ex-staracadémicien Jérémy Chatelain avec son album Psychédélices. Un quasi-bide en France, mais un vrai succès à l’étranger. La leçon a été tirée : avec cette Enfant du siècle, Alizée vise le marché international. Du mélodique Eden, Eden aux Collines (Never Leave You) en passant par la comptine Mes fantômes, elle se glisse sans accrocs dans un univers électronique de bon ton susceptible à la fois de séduire le public français et d’atteindre les oreilles hors de nos frontières.

Translation

Alizée changes course
29/03/10 at 12:23 PM
She has ten years of business. At only 25 years, Alizée Jacotey steers itself with the grip and the determination of those who know where they go.

France-Soir. With this new album, you change again to musical ...
Alizee. I often receive proposals. When Psychédélices released in 2007, I received a piece of label Institubes. They then presented to young producers, I felt comfortable with them, they gave me their colors and sounds.

If you need to define your universe?
From the pop variety made by people who do not come from the variety. In France, people are labeled, packed in boxes. Me, I feel it is possible to mix everything.

You yourself are cataloged as the sexy girl cornaquée by Mylène Farmer who played 15 years Moi ... Lolita ...
This song released just a decade ago was a tremendous opportunity. Through her, I started with a bang, I was the best school.

"I'm not Britney Spears"

You started very young. It is heavy to wear?
I think I have really grown. There are no secrets, no revenue: I was always surrounded by very well, I'm married, I had a child. I'm not Britney Spears we're not in the United States. And the glitter side of the trade has never drawn.

Your music is having some success on the international ...
Yes, Mexico. I'm still looking exactly why. This may be due to a certain freshness and sexiness that I very much there. The funniest is that they do not know my past, nor Moi ... Lolita nor Mylène Farmer. They love me for me and I am very proud.

What do you do when you're not Alizée?
I'm far from my daughter, I took him and I'll look at the school. I spend a lot of time in Corsica where I was born too. I found my strength and balance.

A successful shift

He had left in 2007 in the hands of her ex-husband staracadémicien Jérémy Chatelain with his album psychedelic. A quasi-flop in France, but a true success abroad. The lesson was learned: with this child of the century, Alizée is the international market. From melodic Eden to Eden Hills (Never Leave You) by way of the rhyme My ghosts, it glides smoothly in an electronic fashionable likely both to seduce the French public and reach out to our ears borders.

Merci Alizée
03-30-2010, 08:39 AM
Check this: http://www.dontmiss.fr/n27316-1/alizee-un-nouveau-look-a-la-monica-bellucci.html

Alizée's new look has been compared to that of Monica Bellucci! Sounds quite interesting;)

I guess most of us here know about Monica Bellucci.

sumi1
03-30-2010, 09:00 AM
Check this: http://www.dontmiss.fr/n27316-1/alizee-un-nouveau-look-a-la-monica-bellucci.html

Alizée's new look has been compared to that of Monica Bellucci! Sounds quite interesting;

Great compliment for Bellucci :):)

Merci Alizée
04-01-2010, 10:38 PM
An article about her on impre.com : <a href= "http://www.impre.com//entretenimiento/2010/4/1/alizee-quiere-hacer-disco-en-e-181133-1.html?awesm=fbshare.me_AKf84&utm_medium=fbshare.me-facebook-post&utm_source=direct-fbshare.me&utm_content=fbshare-js-large"> Click here</a>

PARÍS, Francia 1-Abr .- En el nuevo álbum de Alizée, Une Enfant du Siècle, el tema "La Cándida", que canta en español, refleja el cariño que tiene a sus fans mexicanos.

"Es una canción dedicada a mi público mexicano. La hice pensando en ellos. La canción cuenta una historia de amor, puede ser la mía o la de otra persona, lo que es seguro es que expresa mi historia de amor con el público mexicano", dice a Gente! la joven francesa.

En la suite del Hotel Intercontinental de París Marceau, a unos pasos de la Torre Eiffel, Alizée señala que le hubiera gustado hacer un disco en español, pero, dado que no habla el idioma, le es difícil, porque necesita entender las palabras para sentir la canción.
"No hice un álbum en español pero sí una canción. Es un guiño para mis fans en México", asegura.

El tema, con letra del músico Adán Jodorowsky, hijo del cineasta de origen chileno, Alejandro Jodorowsky, es también un reconocimiento de Alizée a lo que llama la fidelidad de los mexicanos que desde hace algunos años la siguen y le manifiestan su entusiasmo.

La intérprete destaca que su éxito en México todavía la sorprende, sobre todo porque perdura a pesar del paso de los años y del cambio de estilo.

"En Francia me preguntan por qué tengo éxito en México. No sé responder, pero es algo que parece haberse instalado y es de lo más sorprendente", comenta.

"En Francia muchos de mis fans no asisten a los conciertos. En cambio en México es cultural, les gusta asistir, ver al artista en el escenario, en vivo. En México el público también es más abierto, no catalogan a los cantantes como aquí".

http://static.impre.com/images/10/04/01/253x190_112682.jpg

It tells about the Spanish song "La Cadida" dedicated to Mexican fans and how much they support her. The pic above is taken at Hotel Intercontinental in Paris Marceau.

Roman
04-02-2010, 01:03 AM

Alizée's new look has been compared to that of Monica Bellucci! Sounds quite interesting;)

When I showed my sister the Les Collines video, she thought Alizée looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn. I don't know, but that's what she said.

As for Monica Bellucci, maybe I saw her in some movie before, but as far as I know, my introduction to her was in The Matrix. And then I read Alizée say something about her a few times or once.

Merci Alizée
04-02-2010, 01:17 AM
When I showed my sister the Les Collines video, she thought Alizée looked a lot like Audrey Hepburn. I don't know, but that's what she said.

I'm confused about how Alizée looked like Audrey Hepburn to your sister. Maybe because she too had hair covering her forehead???:confused::confused:

Topaz
04-02-2010, 06:41 AM
http://musikplease.com/alizee-2-0-10459

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/musik01.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/musik02.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

Roman
04-03-2010, 03:07 AM
interview with Alizée's photographer from the photoshoot in early or mid March 2010. Interview created by French fan forums and posted by miracle at http://lillytown.forumactif.net/actualite-f1/marco-dos-santos-attend-vos-questions-t615-15.htm
translated by Roman

MARCO DOS SANTOS bonjour et merci d ' accepté ce petit entretien autour de la séance de photo que vous avez réalisé pour Alizée.
MARCO DOS SANTOS good day and thanks for accepting this little interview regarding the photo shoot that you did for Alizée.

Ca doit faire bizarre qu'on vous sollicite vous plutôt que la chanteuse elle-même non ?
It must be strange that one would solicit you rather than the singer herself, no?

En quelque sorte... Son niveau de popularité est très largement avancé par rapport au mien ! Mais je constate que vous intrigue un peu tout de même... Peut-être ma barbe.... ahah
Sort of... Her level of popularity is much higher than mine! But, I notice that you are a bit intrigued anyway... Maybe it's my beard... LOL

Les fans des forums Alizéens vous ont préparé quelques questions au sujet de votre collaboration après avoir découvert avec joie les clichés que vous avez pris d' Alizée dans le magazine TETU? Vous saviez à quels médias cette séance photo serait destiné , dans quel genres de magazines elles allaient être publiées ?
The fans of the Alizéean forums have prepared some questions for you on the subject of your collaboration after having discovered with joy the snapshots that you took of Alizée in the magazine TETU. Did you know which media outlets this photo shoot was destined for, in which type of magazines they were going to be published?

Absolument. C'est grâce à Patrick Thévenin d'abord que j'ai eu la chance de faire ce sujet. On se connaissait déjà depuis Trax et nous avons des goûts similaires niveau image. Il a donc pensé à moi pour bosser un jour dans Tetu. J'ai donc rencontrer Marc-Antoine Serra (DA du Tetu) et très vite la journée de shooting a été mise en place.
Absolutely. It's thanks to Patrick Thévenin first of all that I had the chance to do this. We have already known each other since Trax and we have similar tastes as far as image goes. So, he thought of me to work a day in TETU. So, I met Marc-Antoine Serra (artistic director of TETU) and very quickly the day of shooting was put in place.

Comment en êtes-vous arrivé à collaborer avec Alizée ? Es-ce habituel pour vous de faire une séance photo avec un artiste de la scène variété française ?
How did you come to collaborate with Alizée? It's it typical for you to do a photo shoot with an artist from the "French variety" scene?

Grâce justement au magazine. Je connais bien aussi les gens qui s'occupent du label Institubes. Ils connaissaient déjà mon travail, tout s'est fait simplement. J'ai pas mal bossé pour la presse musicale à une époque en collaborant notamment pour les débuts du Rolling Stone (édition française). J'avais l'occasion de shooter pas mal d'artistes français.
One could correctly say, thanks to the magazine. I also know the people who attend to the label Institubes well. They already knew my work, everything was done simply. I did quite a bit of work for the music press at one time, notably in collaboration pour the debuts of Rolling Stone (French edition). I've had the opportunity to shoot quite a few French artists.

Qui a pris la décision de l'orientation des photos , de l univers , de l ambiance ? Avez vous eu votre mot à dire ou vous as t on imposé un cahier des charges précis ?
Who made the decision on the angle of the photos, the style, the ambiance? Did you have your say or were you given a specific list of requirements?

Je voulais à la base faire quelque chose d'un peu "brut". Une image un peu "manque de moyens", quelque chose d'un peu flou, un peu "laiteux" et très épuré. J'en ai parlé avec Marc-Antoine sur l'idée de partir sur un effet polaroid en lumière direct. Un peu type Maripol quand elle faisait ses polas d'artistes dans les années 80. M-A a validé immédiatement. A la prise-de-vue, nous étions définitivement d'accord en regardant les premiers résultat sur mon mac.
I wanted basically to do something a bit "crude/raw". An image a bit "missing means", something a bit hazy, a bit "milky" and very uncluttered. I talked with Marc-Antoine about it, on the idea of going off a polaroid effect with direct light. Un bit of the Maripol type when she made her polaroids of artists in the 80s. Marc-Antoine approved immediately. At the time of taking the shots, we were definitively in agreement when looking at the first resutls on my Mac.

A quelle époque à eu lieu cette séance photo et ou ? Es-ce volontaire la neutralité du décors qui se réduit à une pièce blanche dans une lumière un peu sombre ?
Around what time did this photo shoot take place and where? Was it intentional, the neutrality of the décors that only amounted to a white room in a bit of a somber light?

Nous avons shooté mi-février dans un studio photo dans le 20ème (le petit oiseau va sortir). Vu le thème que je souhaitais abordé je voulais une ambiance vraiment minimale. Je shootais au flash surtout.
We shot mid-February in a photo studio in the 20th (arrondissement – section of the city) (the little bird is going to leave). Considering the theme that I wished to tackle, I wanted an ambiance very minimal. Mostly I was shooting with flash.

Alizée ou son staff vous ont- ils fait écouter quelques morceaux de son nouvel album «Une Enfant du siècle» avant le shooting ou pas du tout ?
Did Alizée or her staff have you listen to a little bit of her new album "Une Enfant du Siècle" (A Child of the Century) before the shooting or not at all?

Oui bien sûr. C'est important pour moi d'écouter quelque chose avant de faire mes photos. Encore plus quand j'ai de faibles connaissances de l'artiste. Il y a une règle d'or chez moi, c'est de ne jamais shooter des artistes dont la musique ne me plaît pas. J'ai déjà été sollicité par quelques artistes en musique électronique par exemple à qui j'ai été contraint de leur annoncer que la prise-de-vue était impossible, tant la musique ne me plaisait pas. Je suis peut-être vieux jeu mais la musique est presque plus importante que la photo dans ma vie.
Oh yeah, of course. It's important for me to listen to something before doing my photos. Even more when I have little knowledge of the artist. I have a golden rule, it's to never shoot artists whose music I don't like. I have already been solicited by some electronic music artists, for example, to whom I was obliged to announce that we couldn't take any shots because I so did not like the music. I am perhaps old fashioned, but music is almost more important than photos in my life.

Alizée est habillée en Thierry Mugler , MiuMiu , Agent provocateur , Top Shop...Qui a décidé du choix des vêtements qu' alizée porteraient sur cette séance ? A-t-elle imposé ses choix ou son styliste l' a fait pour elle ?
Alizée is dressed in Thierry Mugler, MiuMiu, Agent provocateur, Top Shop... Who decided which clothes Alizée would wear for this shoot? Did she impose her choices or did her stylist make them for her?

Nous avons travaillé avec William Carnimolla pour le stylisme. C'est un touche-à-tout du style que je trouve interessant. Nous avons échangé quelques mails avant le shooting pour mettre nos goûts en synchro, tout s'est très bien passé. Ce garçon a une energie surprenante.
We worked with William Carnimolla for styles. He's a jack-of-all-style that I find interesting. We exchanged some mails before the shooting to get our tastes in sync, everything went vey well. This kid has a surprising energie.

C'est difficile de photographier une «poupée pop créée de toute pièce par Mylène Farmer» et d' en faire ressortir une autre image que celle que lui ont collé les médias ?
Is it difficult to photograph a "pop puppet created in every detail by Mylène Farmer" and bring her back out with a different image from that which the media have stuck her with?

A croire que non. Elle fait surement partie de ces très artistes qui va connaître un vrai tournant crédible dans sa carrière. Elle le souhaite profondément et je pense sincèrement que ça va marcher. Tous les gens qui ont bossé avec elle se sont rendus de sa capacité infinie de s'adapter et son côté pro. C'est une chouette fille et je trouve qu'elle a de vrais dons.
One shouldn't think so. She will certainly take her place amongst these very artistic types who come to know a real turning of credibility in their careers. It is her profound wish and I sincerely think that it will work out. Everyone who has worked with her has recognized her infinite capacity to adapt and her professional aspect. She's a wonderful girl and I think she has real gifts.

Alizée a déjà été photographiée par de nombreux photographes parfois connus d' autres moins , avez vous senti qu'elle était à l' aise dans ce genre d' exercice ? Comment se comporte-t-elle ? A t elle été neurveuse , timide , peu bavarde ou au contraire hyper décontractée et disponible ?
Alizée has already been photographed by numerous photographers sometimes known others less. Did you feel like she was at ease in this type of exercise? How does she comport herself? Was she nervous, timid, kind of quiet or on the contrary super relaxed and available?

Alizée est une fille qui a connu des moments de popularité très intenses et physiques. Elle a bcp de choses et aujourd'hui elle atteint déjà un certain recul sur les choses. Elle etait ni nerveuse, ni peu bavarde... Juste très naturelle, nos premiers échanges ont été très fluides, sans excès de zèle ni de dialogue "clichés" entre photographe et modèle... Comme si nous nous connaissions presque déjà. C'était vraiment une chouette journée.
Alizée is a girl who has known very intense and physical moments of popularity. She has many things and today she has already attained a certain detachement from these things. She was neither nervous, nor quiet... Just very natural, our first exchanges were very fluid, without overzealousness nor "cliché" dialog between photographer and model... Like we almost already knew each other. It was really a wonderful day.

Elle du genre à venir toute seule à une séance photo ou ramène t elle tout une troupe de conseiller artistique ?
Is she the type to come all by herself to a photo shoot or bring along a troup of artistic advisors?

Elle est juste venue avec sa maison de disque et basta. Vous savez quand un artiste devient très vite une star, il mets parfois du temps à s'imposer pour faire comprendre qu'il a besoin de paix autour de lui. Au debut on se laisse guider par tout un tas de parasites et d'intermédiaires puis quand on est arrivé au plus haut et que la vapeur redescend on commence à prendre les choses en main pour que justement cela ne soit pas indispensable. La fanatitude est souvent provoquée par la cristalisation d'un artiste qui semble inapprochable, comme un demi-Dieu... Si l'artiste devient un peu plus palpable, les fans se calme un peu et apprécie l'artiste autrement, plus sainement je trouve.
She just came with her record company and that was it. You know, when an artist becomes a star very quickly, sometimes she has to take some time in order to let it be known that she needs peace around her. At first one let's oneself be guided by a bunch of parasites and intermediaries, then when one has reached the heights and the steam comes back down, one starts to take things in hand and cut it down to only that which is essential. (I think.) The fanatitude is often provoked by the crystallization of an artist who seems inapproachable, like a demi-god... If the artist becomes a bit more palpable, the fans calm down a bit and appreciate/assess the artist differently, more sanely/healthily I think.

Es ce qu' elle prend des poses instinctivement ou doit-elle se laisser guider par vous même le photographe ?
Does she take to poses instinctively or does she need to be guided by you, the photographer?

Les deux. On se connaissait pas à la base donc les idées venaient de nous deux.
Both. We didn't really know each other; so, the ideas came from both of us.

A votre avis combien de photos ont été prises lors de cette séance ( 9 ont été retenues pour TETU ) ? Alizée en a t elle écartée d' office certaines ?
In your estimation, how many photos where taken during this photo shoot (9 were retained for TETU)? Did Alizée automatically reject certain ones?

Je ne sais plus mais pas tant que ça car j'aime bien faire peu de photos du même plan. Je suis pour le "trop de choix tue le choix". Disons que nous avions 4 looks à faire donc j'ai fait le nombre de photos suffisant pour l'article. Alizee avait vu les resultats en fin de shooting donc elle nous a fait confiance pour la parution.
I don't know anymore, but not so many because I like to take few photos of the same setting. I am for the "too much choice kills choice". Let's say we had 4 looks to do; so, I made the number of photos necessary for the article. Alizée had seen the results at the end of shooting; so, she gave us confidence for the publication.

Combien de temps a duré le shooting ?
How long did the shooting last?

3h crois ! Ce fut assez rapide. J'adore quand ça finis tot.
3 hours I believe! It was rather quick. I love it when it ends early.

Ce cliché ( ci dessous ) offert par Alizée sur son blog au début de la promo de son nouvel album semble venir de vous non ?
This photo (see below) given by Alizée on her blog at the beginning of the promo of her new album seems to come from you, no?

C'est bien moi qui shoot devant mais cette image a été prise par quelqu'un d'autre. Patrick Thévenin je crois !
It certainly is me who is shooting in front, but this image was taken by someone else. Patrick Thévenin I believe!
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky491z3cbc1qb74wio1_400.jpg

En plateau Alizée a t elle besoin de musique , d accessoires ou quelque chose en particulier qui lui permet de se détendre ?
On the set, does Alizée need music, accessories or something in particular to allow her to relax.

Non pas vraiment. Moi en revanche j'ai besoin de travailler en musique. J'ai laissé mon mac nous détendre tous...
No, not really. Me on the other hand, I need to work with music. I let my mac relax both of us.

Vous a-t-elle sollicité pour une future collaboration ?
Has she called upon you for a future collaboration?

Pas encore mais pourquoi pas !
Not yet, but why not?!

Les fans ont une questions un peu étranges mais amusantes à vous poser , suite à une habitude dans le passé récurrente chez Alizée : A-t-elle abandonné son pot de nutella pour vaincre son stress durant le shooting ou l' avait elle simplement caché ?
The fans have some questions, a bit strange, but amusing to ask you. Following a recurring habit from the past on the part of Alizée: Has she abandoned her jar of Nutella to quash her stress during the shooting or did she simply hide it?

Ahah. Je ne connaissait pas cette histoire ! Je n'ai pas vu de pot de Nutella en tout sur le plateau.
Haha. I don't know this history! I didn't see any jar of Nutell anywhere on the set.

Vous êtes photographe mais avez vous d' autres activités que ce métier ?
You are a photographer, but do you have any other activities other than this vocation?

Oh oui... Trop peut-être. J'ai fait des clips, je suis dj (de plus en plus), je me suis occuper du Paris Paris pendant 3 ans, je bosse avec le Social Club maintenant, j'anime des soirées, ... Bref je suis un peu partout mais j'aime ça.
Oh yes... Too many perhaps. I make videos, I am a DJ (more and more), I was in charge of Paris Paris for 3 years, I work with the Social Club now, I run parties... Well, I'm a bit all over the place, but I like it.

Quels sont vos prochaines collaborations et votre actu ?
Which are your next collaborations and what are you up to currently?

Surement encore du Têtu. Et d'autres projets que je garde secret par superstition...
Surely still Têtu. And other projects I keep secret due to superstition...

Marco Dos Santos , les fans d' Alizée vous remercient et on espère que vous avez passé un bon moment ...
Marco Dos Santos, the fans of Alizée thank you and hope you have had a good time...

C'était un plaisir.
It was a pleasure.
-------------------
And my comments:
Is it everyone who kisses up so much, or is it just everyone that works with Alizée? :p I am ignorant, but people make it really sound like a nice thing to work with Alizée. Well, I've seen enough photo shoots to know that she's really good there. I say for the umpteenth time, she should have done some modeling in the mean time while working on the albums or whatever. How could that have hurt?

"She has many things and today she has already attained a certain detachment from these things." I'd say that indeed this happened for her years ago, even if sometimes one could guess that she is a bit nervous in a particular situation.

"At first one let's oneself be guided by a bunch of parasites and intermediaries, then when one has reached the heights and the steam comes back down..." I don't know. That doesn't sound like Alizée. I don't think she's ever been in that kind of position due to being taken care of by Mylène and Laurent and then just not having that kind of personality later.
However, "The fanatitude is often provoked by the crystallization of an artist who seems inapproachable, like a demi-god..." certainly that happens and I think Alizée has let it happen sometimes by keeping aloof and then ascending into reclusion leaving her "mortal" followers in confusion rather than attending to them like someone attempting to build a following. I guess one can't really expect her to know particularly how to do that anyway, especially when many of her followers are foreigners. Anyway, it's her decision how to relate to people, but sometimes she still comes off a bit mystified regarding her popularity even after 10 years.

"Does she take to poses instinctively or does she need to be guided by you, the photographer?" I would pretty much expect that it would be both in this case and in any case at least somewhat guiding by the photographer, not that I know anything about model photography.

Roman
04-03-2010, 03:27 AM
Sadly Alizée America does not seem to be keeping up on articles and interviews about Alizée (unless I just didn't find it here). See this thread for more including photos of the magazine: http://www.alizee-forum.com/showthread.php?p=808883&page=3#post808883
translation by Roman

Alizée In the land of the Underground

Ready to leap from her « Baby Doll » period, Alizée, 25 years, takes heed to tease the hearing of certain music lovers and releases a fourth album produced by the Institubes pigsty [not sure about that word, but it might be jokingly making a jab at the guys at Institubes]: Une enfant du siècle (Child of the Century).
Fear and trembling in the land of the underground like the time of the improbable tricks (?) between Britney Spears and the Neptunes, of Vanessa Paradis or France Gall and of Gainsbourg, of Lio and of TTC...
It is however, since the 2000s that she begins her slow evolution, with a remix of the song "Fifty Sixty” by David Rubato. At the same time, she crossed paths with the label Institubes, an in particular with the directeur of the label Jean-René Etienne. From this meeting was born the idea for a collaboration of two fanciful worlds, the sugary “variété” of the indolent Alizée and the laconic electro of Château Marmont, Rob, and Para One amongst others...
The result? An album in the style of an epistolary novel, scattered with electronic chapters--profound and timeless, with ingenuous lyrics composed by Jean-René Etienne.

Clark*How are you feeling about the release of an album so different from the others?
Alizée* I’m confident because I am proud of what we have done on this album, what we’ve been able to put together with all the groups who worked on it, Château Marmont, Rob, David Rubato and of course Jean René Etienne. It’s a very special project, not at all like the others since all the songs are tied together, it takes the form of a novel and not an autobiographical album where one really talks about oneself. In the first place, it’s true that it wasn’t obvious to bring together two worlds so different. But, I’m very pleased because, for the moment, I realize that I have nothing but good feedback. The people who followed me before are pleasently surprised. They really like the change of direction I have taken and those who did not listen to me before are interested in the album.
This project is also, for me, the opportunity to attract the attention of a new public who is more interested in my music than my private life.

C*At the start, you were taken in by the remix of one of your songs « Fifty Sixty » by David Rubato, other than that, how did it come about to start on a real album with the label Institubes?
A* In fact, for Fifty Sixty, I was looking for remixes of this song and the artistic director of my record company suggested the one from David Rubato which, when I heard it seemed to me more to be a version of the song rather than simply a remix made to play in the clubs. I really liked that aspect and I didn’t want to let it go, thus I wanted to meet Institubes. With Jean-René we decided to exploit the song as best possible. We produced a video specially for this version and we did some real artistic work on this remix from David Rubato. After that, I met the other artists from Institubes, Château Marmont, Rob... And so we wanted to continue to forge ahead after this meeting with David Rubato that went so well. Little by little various producers from the label proposed songs to me. They were working each on their own and bit by bit I received the maquettes.

C*What does this universe of productions from Institubes evoke for you ? Did you listen to them before?
A*A universe of course very electro, but without forgetting that these artists produce highly specialized work. Still, many of the artists at this label are not well known and yet do merit being so because there is a lot of talent there. For my part, I find a grand finesse in their universe and that’s one of the reasons I though it would be interesting to mix my universe of pop and variété with their’s. These producers are very good melodists. Their melodies are very catchy. They make an impression and one recognizes them immediately. It’s a great musical quality.
It is actually in working with the producers of Institubes that I discovered their musical universe. When I met Jean-René Etienne, he had me listen to the music from the artists of the label and I was captivated. I felt that I was going to be able to make something different thanks to them and open myself to a new music that I had nevertheless known a bit, notably thanks to the work of Daft Punk. The mix of my universe and theirs has been very productive.

C*Through this new album, one has the sensation of a flight toward independence. What do you think?
A* When I decided to separate from my former producers - Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnât – I produced my album Psychédélices and it's there that I started to take my first steps toward independence, as producer. It was not easy at first because one finds oneself all alone, one must shop oneself around, call people, meet them, things that I never had to do before. It was a good thing because I learned how to manage myself. For my two previous albums, the fact of being produced by Mylène Farmer did not permit me to say much, everything was handed to me on a silver platter. I obviously learned a bit with them, but I also learned a lot by myself these last few years. Today I'm 25 years old, I'm offering an interesting and different album and I think that maybe people are going to start thinking of me as an adult. I recognize that people who are faced with a very young artist as has been the case for me or Vanessa Paradis always have the tendency to think that she does not grow up and that she remains and will remain young. I hope that with this album I will gain in maturity in the eyes of the public.

C*It's a change of image for you to work with underground producers... Aren't you afaid of being misunderstood by your fans?
A* I don't think about being misunderstood. I have many fans very active on the internet. They know the slightest details of my plannings, of everything I do, even when I don't have anything current going on. Most are my age, they grew up with me, we are of the same generation, and I think that like me they have different interests, that my music no longer corresponded with them as much as it did before and that they came to like things that I was also able to like as a member of the public. Perhaps with this album my fans will find their way back simply because we have evolved together for 10 years.

C*A year ago in Clark 35, House of Kids reported that for the artwork, they still intervened once the album was finished like "intruders"... Did it happen the same way for your album?
A*It was a bit different because we really worked as a team from beginning to end. Very quickly everything was thought of, whether the music or the rest. There was a volition and a search for coherence but even if we had a plan everything was done bit by bit. We did a bunch of photo shoots, they knew what they had in mind, why this photo was done, because they sought something precise or specific. Thanks to certain of their references they revised progressively, added, removed...
C*Which songs are you going to make videos for? Is it the image of the album constructed like a novel, do you imagine a logical continuation of the videos?
A*The first single is Les Collines; so, naturally, it will be made into a video quickly and well before the release of the album. We should also make a video of Limelight, but if one could, one would make videos of all the songs!
I would like to continue with this concept of the album and keep this novel construction for one of the videos. Unfortunately, it's complicated to put a fiction into image form in just 3 minutes. But, I would really like to make a video perhaps a bit longer, 7-8 minutes like Mylène Farmer has done. Anyway, there's always a video edited for television, but I would really like to try to [tell some of the story]... And then, I really must say, it is in any case a bit frustrating: 3-4 minutes for a video!
C*Do you foresee doing a tour?
A*For the moment, it's too early to say since we are really concentrated on the release of the album, but I think that there will be a tour because I have fans that are requesting it. Like in Mexico where I have many fans and where the album will be released... I absolutely must go there!
For the tour, it would be really great to have everyone present, all the producers, all the teams who participated in the construction of the album, but at the level of agendas and availability of each person it's a bit complicated... But, we'll get there... I hope!

Merci Alizée
04-03-2010, 04:18 AM
http://musikplease.com/alizee-2-0-10459

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/musik01.jpghttp://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/musik02.jpg

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m301/alizee_1984/small-1-2.gif

I'm adding the same thing below which I posted earlier<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157671#post157671"> here </a>

A new report about Alizée in which she has been referred to as Alizée 2.0 , an upgraded version of Alizée.

Few things that were mentioned in the article:

Musik Please was present at the event of the party oraganised by Alizée and may people wanted to know what's there in Alizée 2.0

We heard a lot about beauty in the past and it has been speculated that her collaboration with the electro-pop group will change her style by 360 degrees and it could change her Lolita image given by Mylene Farmer.

Alizée remains the same as before but now with modern twist of her cleverness.

She is occupied by Synths and laptops. She is new girly icon like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. She is already a superstar in Mexico, there is every chance that France has a new representative in form of new Alizée.:)

Edit:

A new article in a newspaper:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs490.snc3/26783_382870872417_813047417_3704118_3747040_n.jpg

Edit:

A new article about Alizée published on the website Premiere.fr :

Click <a href= "http://people.premiere.fr/News-People/Alizee-On-m-appelle-la-Madonna-mexicaine-depuis-ma-reprise-de-La-Isla-Bonita/">here</a> to view it.

Alizée: "They call me the Mexican Madonna since my return from La Isla Bonita"

Ben
04-03-2010, 04:59 AM
Sadly Alizée America does not seem to be keeping up on articles and interviews about Alizée (unless I just didn't find it here).
It's in this thread, Roman:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5443

FanDeAliFee
04-03-2010, 03:47 PM

I'm confused about how Alizée looked like Audrey Hepburn to your sister. Maybe because she too had hair covering her forehead???:confused::confused:

M.A., when his sister visits with him, she enjoys it so much that she considers it a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday"><i>Roman Holiday</i></a>. And that ALWAYS makes people think about Audrey Hepburn! :p

OK, now a more serious answer.

Even way back in 2006, before Alizée's "new look" people at AAm were writing the following:

<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2706&postcount=39">Impurator </a> said: <i>...the only woman who has come even close to infatuating me the way Alizée has is/was Audrey Hepburn. I think perhaps a large part of it is the wonderful amount of class both present/presented.</i>

and <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2709&postcount=40">Shep</a> replied: <i>You aren't the only one to compare Alizée to Audrey. Audrey had a charm about her but I believe, as well do most, Ali surpasses Audrey exponentially in many aspects. Must be the Frenchness.</i>

My own reaction to the official <i>Les Collines</i> video has included my remarks

<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155204&postcount=74">here</a>, saying: <i>This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it.... Her [Alizée's] elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.</i>

and <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155285&postcount=100">here</a>, saying: <i>As for Alizée's makeup, THAT'S HOW WOMEN DOLLED THEMSELVES UP half a century ago. Really. This was BEFORE everyone became a hippie earth mother! ...I also find it interesting that I was not the only one writing here reminded of Audrey Hepburn.</i>

Merci Alizée
04-03-2010, 04:05 PM
M.A., when his sister visits with him, she enjoys it so much that she considers it a <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday"><i>Roman Holiday</i></a>. And that ALWAYS makes people think about Audrey Hepburn! :p

OK, now a more serious answer.

Even way back in 2006, before Alizée's "new look" people at AAm were writing the following:

<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2706&postcount=39">Impurator </a> said: <i>...the only woman who has come even close to infatuating me the way Alizée has is/was Audrey Hepburn. I think perhaps a large part of it is the wonderful amount of class both present/presented.</i>

and <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2709&postcount=40">Shep</a> replied: <i>You aren't the only one to compare Alizée to Audrey. Audrey had a charm about her but I believe, as well do most, Ali surpasses Audrey exponentially in many aspects. Must be the Frenchness.</i>

My own reaction to the official <i>Les Collines</i> video has included my remarks

<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155204&postcount=74">here</a>, saying: <i>This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it.... Her [Alizée's] elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn.</i>

and <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=155285&postcount=100">here</a>, saying: <i>As for Alizée's makeup, THAT'S HOW WOMEN DOLLED THEMSELVES UP half a century ago. Really. This was BEFORE everyone became a hippie earth mother! ...I also find it interesting that I was not the only one writing here reminded of Audrey Hepburn.</i>

Hmm, I don't have much idea about any of the western artist, or I should say I have absolutely no idea. I haven't seen them much, absolutely never before 2007. That was the first time when I came to know about some of them including Alizée and it surprises me how I became such a fan of her.

Well that's the reason, I assumed so simple way of comparison between Alizée and Audrey Hepburn. I'll try to find more about her. Alizée has introduced me to many awesome artists and I hope Audrey would also be one of them.:)

wasabi622
04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm adding the same thing below which I posted earlier<a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=157671#post157671"> here </a>

A new report about Alizée in which she has been referred to as Alizée 2.0 , an upgraded version of Alizée.

Few things that were mentioned in the article:

Musik Please was present at the event of the party oraganised by Alizée and may people wanted to know what's there in Alizée 2.0

We heard a lot about beauty in the past and it has been speculated that her collaboration with the electro-pop group will change her style by 360 degrees and it could change her Lolita image given by Mylene Farmer.

Alizée remains the same as before but now with modern twist of her cleverness.

She is occupied by Synths and laptops. She is new girly icon like Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. She is already a superstar in Mexico, there is every chance that France has a new representative in form of new Alizée.:)

Edit:

A new article in a newspaper:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs490.snc3/26783_382870872417_813047417_3704118_3747040_n.jpg

Edit:

A new article about Alizée published on the website Premiere.fr :

Click <a href= "http://people.premiere.fr/News-People/Alizee-On-m-appelle-la-Madonna-mexicaine-depuis-ma-reprise-de-La-Isla-Bonita/">here</a> to view it.

Alizée: "They call me the Mexican Madonna since my return from La Isla Bonita"

"Je ne suis pas Briteny Spears."

Amen. Though, did she really have to say it? It's blasphemy to connect the 2!!

Roman
04-04-2010, 02:28 AM
So, why is it that when I do a search on the word Clark, this web site gives: not found?
Aïe! Whatever. Can't hurt too much to make sure and post it multiple times. I'll be damned if I can ever find anything on any of these sites! Il y a trop! Mais non! Jamais trop d'Alizée! C'est imposible.

Ben
04-04-2010, 07:04 AM
No worries, thanks for the translation! :)

Merci Alizée
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
April, 4, 2010 : Two new interviews published:

1. Alizée's interview on the website <a href="http://www.ozap.com/actu/interview-alizee-album-enfant-siecle-eurovision/332810">ozap.com</a>:

Alizée : "En France, c'est difficile de grandir"

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/S7hZWLSHe5I/AAAAAAAAA4E/bSWYQuNwxHE/s800/art.jpg

Deux ans après "Psychédélices", son troisième album qui n'a pas rencontré le succès escompté, Alizée est de retour. L'ancienne protégée de Mylène Farmer, révélée par le carton international "Moi... Lolita", a désormais dix ans de carrière, et dévoile un nouvel opus aux influences rétro et électro. Baptisé "Une enfant du siècle", l'album est sorti ce lundi, précédé du single "Les Collines (Never Leave You)".

A l'occasion de la sortie de l'album, Alizée a répondu aux questions d'Ozap. Elle en dit plus sur cet album que certains considèrent comme branché ou bobo, et sur ce qui l'a poussée à collaborer avec le groupe Institubes. Inspirée par ce qui se passe à l'étranger, Alizée avoue qu'elle n'est plus très touchée par ce que proposent les artistes français aujourd'hui. Elle fait également part de son expérience et de sa perception de l'évolution de l'industrie musicale ces dix dernières années, et révèle aussi qu'elle ne participerait pas à l'Eurovision si on le lui proposait. Entretien.

« Je suis bien dans mes baskets »
Ozap : Ton nouvel album s'appelle "Une enfant du siècle". Pourquoi ce titre ?
Alizée : Ah Ah. Déjà je pense que je suis une enfant du siècle, je me sens bien dans ma vie, bien dans ce siècle. Je suis bien dans mes baskets. Et en même temps, cet enfant du siècle, ce n'est pas seulement moi, ça peut être aussi - comme cet album est différent, concept - ça peut être Edie Sedgwick. C'est un personnage qui revient souvent dans mes chansons, ça peut être tous les jeunes mannequins de l'époque, ça peut être ma fille qui est née en 2005, et aussi toutes les personnes qui écouteront cet album, et aussi mes fans puisqu'on est un peu de la même génération.

C'est un album un peu rétro pourtant...n'est-ce pas un peu contradictoire?
Je suis un peu dans ce siècle-là. On me demande souvent "Quel siècle?". Finalement ce n'est peut être pas seulement un siècle.

Tu es nostalgique de ce qui s'est passé avant ?
Je suis née en 84, tous les sons, toute la musique des années 80, c'est vraiment les premières notes de musique que j'ai pu entendre donc oui, je suis vraiment nostalgique de cette époque-là. Après il y a le bon son et le mauvais son des années 80, comme pour toutes les époques et toutes les musiques. Mais je trouve qu'il y a de bons trucs. Je pense que la musique c'est un peu comme la mode, c'est une boucle, on revient toujours à un moment ou un autre aux années 70, aux années 80, et là pour le coup, c'est les années 80.

« En France, c'est difficile de grandir »
Alizée
Quelles ont été tes influences pour cet album ? Tu écoutes beaucoup ce qui se passe à l'étranger ?
Oui. J'écoute plus que ce qui se passe ailleurs qu'en France. Tout simplement parce que peut-être qu'il y a moins de personnes qui me touchent maintenant qu'avant. Avant en France, il y a Gainsbourg qui m'a beaucoup marquée, Berger, Goldman aussi. Là j'arrive moins à trouver des personnes qui me touchent. A l'étranger, c'est compliqué aussi. Il y a beaucoup de choses qui se font. Après, ce sont peut-être des exemples de carrières plutôt que des références musicales. Mes références c'est plus du Blondie, du Moroder. Mais je suis aussi fan de Gorillaz. Des exemples de carrières comme Madonna ou plus récemment Lily Allen. J'aime leur façon de gérer leur taf et en même temps, c'est compliqué en France, on ne peut pas avoir ce genre de carrière, ou si quelqu'un l'a c'est que son public est vraiment ouvert. J'ai l'impression qu'en France, c'est compliqué de changer de musique, de changer de style, de grandir aussi, c'est dur. Quand les gens sont habitués à entendre quelque chose, ou à voir quelque chose, ils sont vite déstabilisés ou pour le coup, lassés.

Tu as l'impression que la variété française a du mal à se renouveler ?
Oui et ça reste très variété. on est beaucoup de jeunes, on ne sait pas qui sera encore là dans 10 ans. Après il y a le R&B qui a pris une grand place en France. il y a aussi des jeunes comme Amel Bent, qui a la cul entre deux chaises, avec ses racines. Tout ce qu'elle aime c'est vraiment R&B. En même temps c'est une chanteuse qui pourrait faire un album purement variété, donc c'est quand même l'exemple. Après, variétés comme France Gall ou toutes ces personnes, c'est vrai qu'il y a moins. Est-ce que ça plaît moins ? Est ce que les jeunes sont moins fans de ça ? Peut-être aussi. Peut-être que les gens sont moins habitués à la variété et pour le coup moi j'essaye de faire un album de variétés mais juste avec des sons qui viennent de l'électro. Je n'ai pas l'impression que mes mélodies soient tellement perchées que les gens ne comprennent pas. Ce sont quand même des mélodies accrocheuses et j'ai essayé de garder mon style, parce que c'est important.

« Ce n'est pas comme si j'avais fait un album hip-hop ! »
C'est un album-concept dans un milieu qui ne va pas bien du tout aujourd'hui, en France particulièrement. Ce n'est pas difficile d'avoir la confiance d'une maison de disques pour un projet un peu différent ?
En fait c'est différent car je suis en licence chez Sony, donc j'ai quand même le contrôle de mon projet. Après, je ne vais pas aller le donner moi-même aux radios, à la télé. Mais j'ai le contrôle du projet et avec Jean-René d'Institubes, on essaye d'assurer la cohérence du projet, aussi bien avant qu'après la sortie de l'album. Puis on essaye de l'amener aux gens, car c'est ça qui est important, c'est que les gens le reçoivent bien et aiment. Après, combien de bons albums sont sortis mais auxquels les gens n'ont pas accroché ou qu'ils n'ont pas suivi... C'est peut-être parce qu'il n'a pas bien été amené aux gens. Et peut-être que ce qui s'est passé dans les magazines et tout ça, ça n'a pas donné envie aux gens d'acheter l'album.

Si on prend l'exemple de Kylie Minogue qui, elle aussi, à un moment, a décidé de prendre les choses en main, de sortir un album rock etc.. finalement ça n'a pas marché et trois ans plus tard elle revenait avec un album diso et un mini short doré et ça a cartonné. Tu n'as pas peur toi de devoir faire ça un jour ?
De revenir avec des shorts ? (rires) En même temps je n'ai pas l'impression que cet album soit très loin de "Moi... Lolita" ou de mes premiers titres. Je n'ai pas l'impression que ce soit l'opposé. C'est juste 10 ans après. Ce n'est pas comme si j'avais fait un album hip-hop. L'electro c'est pas loin des années 80, les années 80 c'est pas loin de Mylène, Mylène c'est pas loin de "Lolita" et "Lolita" c'est pas loin de moi quoi. Donc voilà.

Un album hip-hop un jour alors ?
Pourquoi pas, mais uniquement avec Jay-Z alors. C'est tout ! (rires)

« On peut vendre des disques sans passer en radio »
Comment ça se passe au niveau de l'accueil radio des titres?
Alors ça c'est un truc auquel je ne réfléchis pas. Je ne me pose pas la question. On me tient au courant, mais après il y a des question de formats... c'est la France quoi, on le sait. En même temps j'ai l'impression qu'on peut vendre des disques sans forcément passer à la radio parce qu'il y a internet tout simplement, et que c'est un des plus gros médias, si ce n'est le plus gros. Avec internet on peut vendre des disques. Je sais que c'est contradictoire, parce qu'avec les téléchargements, on tue les artistes. Mais je pense qu'il faut se servir d'internet comme moyen de communication et de visibilité quand on a quelque chose à dire, à sortir, à vendre.

Justement, le "buzz" qui entourait la sortie, avec le teaser "Limelight"... Tu as participé à son élaboration ?
Oui bien sûr. J'aime ça et j'ai toujours aimé ce qui est ordinateurs, internet, tout ça... C'est important de savoir ce qui se passe. J'ai un Twitter, j'ai un Facebook, j'ai un blog et je poste de mon téléphone portable, de mon iPhone... Ca m'arrive de poster des trucs quand je suis en studio, pour informer les gens et les fans. et j'ai une base de fans très active sur internet et je me sers de ça pour communiquer avec eux. Avant, je recevais des lettres, mais ce n'est pas possible de répondre à toutes les lettres. J'essaie de faire des photos dédicacées de temps en temps, mais ça prend 24 heures sur 24 si on veut faire tout le monde. Donc c'est vrai qu'internet ça m'ouvre des portes et des choses qui étaient compliquées à faire avant.

« Les gens s'en foutent que le piratage tue les artistes »
Alizée
En tant qu'enfant née au siècle dernier, comment vis-tu la numérisation de la musique, le fait qu'il n'y a plus les pochettes, plus les boîtes etc... ?
C'est dur à dire, mais moi je le vis bien en temps que public. J'achète tous mes disques sur iTunes, parce que je les mets directement sur mon téléphone et voilà. Après, par exemple les albums de Madonna ou tout ce qui est sorti sur Michael Jackson, j'ai acheté parce que c'est des objets. Quand l'album est vendu différemment sous forme d'objet ou de collector, là j'achète. Mais quand c'est le CD comme ça, non. Enfin, je l'achète, mais sur iTunes, je ne le télécharge pas illégalement.

Le fait que des gens puissent aller sur ta page iTunes et prennent le titre 3, le titre 7 et c'est tout... ça ne remet pas en cause l'intégrité de l'album ?
Oui forcément, un petit peu, mais en même temps on donne le choix aux gens donc après c'est compliqué. Ma fille qui a 5 ans ne sait pas ce que c'est un CD. Quand elle voit un CD elle pense que c'est un DVD parce que depuis qu'elle est née elle met des DVD pour regarder des films. Et pour écouter de la musique, elle sait que c'est sur l'ordinateur de maman ou le téléphone de maman, ou sur l'iPod de papa. Elle ne sait pas qu'on peut écouter de la musique sur un CD. Pourtant j'ai des CD à la maison, mais voilà, il faut vire avec son temps et essayer de faire en sorte que les gens continuent à acheter sur iTunes parce que ça représente quand même des ventes.

Savoir que tu risques de vendre autant d'albums en France qu'en import en Angleterre par exemple, à cause de la crise du disque chez nous, ça t'inspire quoi ?
Je me dis que je ne suis pas la seule, donc c'est un peu rassurant. En même temps on verra bien.. Après il faut vendre la musique différemment. C'est pour ça que j'ai fait une boite collector avec des vinyles, un livre..puis il y aura les concerts. ce n'est pas comme sinon avait rien d'autre. C'est horrible car ça tue les artistes, mais je comprends les jeunes de 14 ans, qui ont tant d'argent de poche par semaine. Ils peuvent garder leur argent et avoir un truc gratuit... Ils ne vont pas se priver. C'est trop tard. C'est compliqué d'expliquer aux gens que ça peut tuer les artistes. Ils s'en foutent, pour eux c'est gratuit. J'essaie de me mettre à la place de tout le monde, de l'artiste, des jeunes, et pas seulement des jeunes. C'est compliqué, déjà que c'est la crise pour tout le monde. Le peu de trucs qu'ils peuvent avoir gratuit, ils vont le prendre. Et c'est normal. On ne peut pas leur en vouloir.

"La Ferme", ça dépasse les limites du ridicule
Tu as déjà 10 ans de carrière. Comment tu perçois l'évolution de l'industrie du disque, de la promo... ?
Là ça va, mais sur "Psychédélices", j'ai été étonnée. J'ai fait autant d'interviews pour le web que pour la presse. C'était tout nouveau pour moi car sur les deux premiers albums, on se servait pas d'internet, pas autant en tout cas. Je trouve que ça évolue comme c'était prévu.

Et en termes de télé, le fait qu'il n'y a plus d'émission de variétés... ?
Je trouve ça vraiment bête. En même temps, la télé-réalité a pris une place tellement énorme que les gens s'en foutent de regarder des chanteurs chanter leur chanson. ils veulent des histoires... La télé, ce n'est plus comme c'était avant. Maintenant c'est pour regarder la vie des gens. Il n'y a que des reportages sur la galère des gens ou des émissions sur ce qui est la mode maintenant : la déco et la cuisine, voilà. En espérant que ce soit un effet de mode et que la mode revienne à la chanson. Mais c'est compliqué de trouver des émissions où on peut chanter.

Tu es cliente de ce genre de programmes déco, cuisine... ?
Déco moins, cuisine oui. j'ai regardé Top Chef, je trouve ça bien. En même temps j'ai 25 ans, donc je pense que je suis la cible. Je regarde Nouvelle Star... Bon, je ne regarde pas La Ferme, parce que ça dépasse les limites du ridicule. Mais je regarde, oui. Enquête Exclusive, tout ça... En même temps il n'y a que ça à la télé.

« L'Eurovision ? Ce n'est pas mon truc »
Et à l'international, comment ça se passe ? Toujours aussi bien au Mexique ?
Oui, le précédent album est sorti là-bas, j'ai fait une tournée, j'ai fait des stades, des trucs un peu improbables, j'ai tourné dans une telenovela et l'album sort au Mexique le même jour qu'en France. En Russie aussi. Et après apparemment il y a peut-être le Pérou, l'Argentine... mais ça c'est lié forcément. C'est l'Amérique Latine donc c'est tout dans le même sac. J'ai fait un concert en Russie aussi... C'est une chance de chanter en français dans d'autres pays. Et j'ai fait une chanson en espagnol, puisque là bas je ne chante qu'en français, les interviews sont en français, donc c'était un petit clin d'oeil à mes fans mexicains.

L'année dernière, Patricia Kaas avait été choisie pour représenter la France à l'Eurovison, grâce à son rayonnement international. Si on te l'avait proposé, ça t'aurait tenté ?
Non, c'est pas trop mon truc. C'est une énorme responsabilité de représenter un pays. Déjà, quand je vais au Mexique, les gens me disent que je représente la France alors que ce que je fais ce n'est pas forcément la France, c'est juste la langue qui fait ça. Donc non, ce n'est pas un truc qui me brancherait.

2. Alizée's interview on SFR

<object width="980" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6D7Se-5P1pM&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6D7Se-5P1pM&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="980" height="765"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D7Se-5P1pM&feature=player_embedded

Edit:

April 5, 2010 : Soir 3 Report

<object width="1300" height="765"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hS_QZROOCpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hS_QZROOCpY&hl=en_US&fs=1&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1300" height="765"></embed></object>

New article in Mexican Press:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs428.snc3/24690_112026678817069_100000292126495_191523_58673 6_n.jpg

Roman
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
http://lillytown.forumactif.net/actualite-f1/marco-dos-santos-attend-vos-questions-t615-30.htm#25042
So, it looks like Alizée liked his interview and linked to it.

Merci Alizée
05-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Posted by Lilly's Nest (nidalizee.com page on fb)

Trax num 135. Dossier "Les filles de l'électro"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs296.snc3/28463_389834871779_186164141779_4414109_2959404_n. jpg

Chuck
05-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Thanks Gazillions Again, Merci Alizée!
The next day, Nidalizee posted some HQ jpg's of that article. The second one's actually legible, and it's a pretty good read. We should translate this!
(Warning - you must be 18 to look at the cover of the magazine, the first link here ;))

Page 1: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-1.jpg
Page 2: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-2.jpg
Page 3: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-3.jpg

I'll be back to translate tomorrow, if Roman or somebody doesn't beat me to the punch. But for now, it's good to be back - so I'm jumping to another thread.

Roman
05-10-2010, 06:19 PM
This is in their English section. I saw a mention and link at http://www.europopmusic.eu/ while looking up some Mylène stuff.

http://www.rfimusique.com/musiqueen/...ticle_8346.asp

Alizée, the electro-chic return

Fourth album

Paris
16/04/2010 -
After a two-year break from recording, following a less than successful third album, Alizée has come back with a slightly different style. The Corsican singer has called on the talents of the Paris electro scene for her new album Une Enfant du Siècle (a child of the century). It is a more sober affair, drenched in the sound of vintage synths. Some will say she’s gone down the hipster route, even if in this interview the former Lolita, now 25, protests that she’s merely “growing up” with her audience.

RFI Musique: For this album, you decided to work with the label Institubes and the electro group Château Marmont. Why was that?
Alizée: Since the previous album, Psychédélices, I produce my own records and work with people whose ideas mesh well with mine. Three years ago, I had my single Fifty Sixty [written by Jean Fauque]mixed by David Rubato, one of the producers on the Institubes label. That’s how I met Jean-René Etienne, the boss of the label, with whom I worked on an idea of a different sort of album, more narrative inspired. At first it was going to be an EP, but I met up with the other producers, Tahiti Boy, Rob and Tacteel, and we ended up making an album. This new direction is quite different from the popular variety style music you started out making…
That’s true, but Une enfant du siècle is still a pop album. The Alizée “brand” is popular and I don’t want to lose that. I found it more interesting to blend the two worlds, without having to change my voice. I wanted to break down that silly idea of the mainstream on one side and the elite trendy stuff on the other. A group like Château Marmont shouldn’t have to remain underground.
Is it a way for you to shine a light on these artists?
I think they should be more visible to the general public. As melodists, they’re not very far from the likes of Mylène Farmer, for example. What makes their work different from mainstream pop is in the production. And that’s a good thing. French pop is having a hard time coming up with fresh sounds, it seems to me. I hope that after this album, other mainstream artists will want to work with them.

The tone of the album is not so light, and a little more nostalgic than before. Are you worried you might alienate your fans?
Not really. I tell myself that my fans were fifteen years old like me at the beginning, and they too have got older. I met some fans in Paris recently. Three and a half hours doing a signing, during which people who have listened to my music for years and who had brought all my albums to be signed kept telling me that this new one was my best. I don’t work with my old producers any more [Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat] because musically that style wasn’t what I wanted to sing, or what I myself was listening to any more. Today, I listen to my latest album on my iPod, in my car. It’s the first time I’ve done that in the ten years of my career.
Your album is released in France… and in Mexico. Why are you so successful there?
That dates back from before my third album. I put a video online in which I did a Madonna song. There was some buzz about it in Mexico, and I was contacted a little later by a local record company who wanted to release my third album in Mexico. I’m touring throughout Mexico at the end of the year. It’s quite a passionate relationship, between me and my Mexican fans.

Alizée Une enfant du siècle (Wisteria Song / Jive Epic) 2010

On tour in France at the end of the year

Jérôme Pichon
Translation : Hugo Wilcken

Merci Alizée
05-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Thanks Roman for the translations :)

Roman
05-10-2010, 06:35 PM
This time I did not do any translation. Take a closer look. But I did post and you are welcome for that.

Merci Alizée
05-10-2010, 06:41 PM
This time I did not do any translation. Take a closer look. But I did post and you are welcome for that.

I know that very well, Sir. I was thinking what to write. I changed my one line 3-4 times and finally decided to leave it as it is.

P.S. If you got the impression that I reply without reading the post, then I would politely say that it's not so. I read your post carefully, and not only this one, but most of your posts.

VVVACCPLPNLY
05-10-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks! I just said she may do no cncerts for this album, and now I read her herself confirming she will be! Boy, I feel stupid! Also, I wonder when she will be mentioning us...? Maybe she meant us in the 'Meeting with fans' line? Just a subtle nod to us, so as not to steer the conversation off topic. I wish an interviewer would ask her about us. It's their fault, not hers. Come on French press, ask about North America, US and Canada specifically! Grr...

Roman
05-11-2010, 02:08 AM
Thanks! I just said she may do no cncerts for this album, and now I read her herself confirming she will be! Boy, I feel stupid! Also, I wonder when she will be mentioning us...? Maybe she meant us in the 'Meeting with fans' line? Just a subtle nod to us, so as not to steer the conversation off topic. I wish an interviewer would ask her about us. It's their fault, not hers. Come on French press, ask about North America, US and Canada specifically! Grr...
Maybe you should read my comments on this article at AF (if I leave them there). Alizée is in no way confirming anything. She would naturally like to have concerts, but saying she is going to is a way of saying she intends to and hopes that enough people simply believe it to make it a reality.
And why would she mention Alizée America? She's mentioned her American fans before, but if you compare a couple hundred Americans to a few tens of thousands of Mexicans (maybe a hundred times as many people), you can see why she might mention Mexico and not the U. S.. It sucks, but that's reality. And after all of that, it's actually American and maybe some other English music which is most considered hip and popular in France. If Alizée feels small in France, how could she possibly feel significant in the U.S.? That's why she said in 2003 that she was not interested in trying to promote herself in the U.S.. That and competition and thus deals are pretty ruthless in the U.S.. I suppose she was right about that.

VVVACCPLPNLY
05-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Ok, she may not have CONFIRMED it, but it is looking a whole lot more likely than I had original thought. She has at least expressed interest in a tour, instead of just saying she would be in México (for promotion, I had assumed) this September. As for us, I meant I wished a reporter would remember the interview with scruffy, and ask about what she thought about us, for a bunch of reasons. And I know she said she was not interested in American promotion. I am honestly quite sure she still doesn't want to, and never will. But there is no reason we can't tell people about her. I just want to hear what she thinks of us, but we won't hear what she thinks about us until an interviewer asks. She can't just be like 'Hey, I have a few fans of America, here's what I think:...' Even if she never releases here, I think you have forgotten this site's main goal: promotion of Alizée in America and Canada. Even if she has no part of it. I don't ever remember the goal being 'Get Alizée to promote herself in America'.

Roman
05-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Ok, she may not have CONFIRMED it...Uh, ok. Anyway, yeah, she could say something about AAm if she wanted too, but I do agree that so many things she probably would talk about if someone just asked her.
And by the way, she first mentioned touring a couple of months ago I think. It's kind of a presumption that if she can she will anyway. It's true that I don't know what Alizée actually feels about touring, but if I had to guess based on how she's talked about it in the past, she is eager to do so. I don't see why that would have changed. She has even said that she would come to the US, but it was at a time when one could presume that it was based on the idea that we would do what the Mexicans did: show tons of interest by the thousands.

VVVACCPLPNLY
05-11-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok, well, remember, I am only 5 months into my fandom, and most of the most recent I have missed, do to phone, and most have yet to be translated anyways. So I have not been sure. I know she said in that Mexican magazine article that she wanted to visit Mexico, but I figured it was for promotion. I hope she confirms either way very soon!

Roman
05-12-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks Gazillions Again, Merci Alizée!
The next day, Nidalizee posted some HQ jpg's of that article. The second one's actually legible, and it's a pretty good read. We should translate this!
(Warning - you must be 18 to look at the cover of the magazine, the first link here ;))

Page 1: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-1.jpg
Page 2: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-2.jpg
Page 3: http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRAX-135/TRAX-135-3.jpg

I'll be back to translate tomorrow, if Roman or somebody doesn't beat me to the punch. But for now, it's good to be back - so I'm jumping to another thread.
Yep, and here is my translation: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5665

VVVACCPLPNLY
05-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Merci, roman!

Merci Alizée
05-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Source : nidalizee.com (http://www.nidalizee.com/news/)

Mexican Article in 15a20 : http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/15a20-249/
Interview in WagMag : http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/WAGMAG/
Article in tele Star : http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/telestar-1752.jpg
Horoscopes in No Target : http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/public-356.jpg
Interview in So Foot No. 76 : http : / / www.nidalizee.com/presse/SO-FOOT-76/

Jurre
05-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Bah, I went through that whole 15a20 survey just to get the wallpaper but it's only 1280x960 and has the magazine's logo on it in big pink letters :rolleyes:

User22
05-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Thanks MA and Roman for the Mags and translation:D

Bigdan
05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
I don't want to be ironic, but... its' seems that media can mention of the Factory , and could even learn the name of Edie Sedgwick...
upon condition that Karl Lagerfeld and Vanessa Paradis are involved... :o

http://img166.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88469_VanessaParadisfactory1_122_111 lo.jpg

http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88476_VanessaParadisfactory2_122_86l o.jpg

Roman
05-20-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't want to be ironic, but... its' seems that media can mention of the Factory , and could even learn the name of Edie Sedgwick...
upon condition that Karl Lagerfeld and Vanessa Paradis are involved... :o

http://img166.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88469_VanessaParadisfactory1_122_111 lo.jpg

http://img153.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=88476_VanessaParadisfactory2_122_86l o.jpg

It is ironic in a sense if this gets attention and they have ignored Alizée so far. Of course, we know Mme. Paradis is very popular and Lagerfeld well known? (Don't actually know much about him.) What's funny though is that M. Lagerfeld always looks like this! Has he ever appeared in public looking otherwise? :p

thekidEm
05-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Musique, Warhol & Confidences...
Depuis "Moi...lolita", Alizée a fait un bon bout de chemin artistique. Elle présente aujourd'hui son nouvel album concept, Une enfant du siècle, à travers lequel elle rend hommage à Eddie, l'égérie d'Andy Warhol, sur fond de pop mystique... Découvrez la chanteuse en interview !

Ados.fr : Très heureuse de te recevoir.

Alizée : Merci !

Ados.fr : Tu es revenue avec un nouvel album qui s’appelle « Un enfant du siècle ». Tu peux nous raconter la naissance de ce projet ?

Alizée : Alors, j’ai eu la chance de rencontrer le label Institubes avec lequel j’ai travaillé. Dans le label Institubes, il y’a Château Marmont, Rob, David Rubato entre autres…
En fait, on a fait un album un peu différent, un peu concept autour d’Andy Warhol, de la Factory et de ces jeunes mannequins des années 70 - 80. En fait, on a eu cette idée parce que sur mon précédent album, j’avais une chanson qui s’appelait « Fifty – Sixty », écrite par Jean Fauque (Bashung). Je parlais de tout ça, de la Factory, et on a l’idée de faire un album en partant de cette chanson. J’ai toujours aimé Warhol et je trouvais ça intéressant de ne pas faire un album autobiographique et de raconter une histoire sous forme de romans.

Ados.fr : Il y a quand même toujours cet univers cette dimension mystique… Est-ce quelque chose à laquelle tu tiens ? Comment définirais-tu ton style ?

Alizée : En même temps, je suis très réservée et j’essaye de faire des choses qui me ressemblent, qui me correspondent. Je suis quand même une chanteuse de Pop à la base et j’essaie de le rester. C’est ce que je suis, c’est ce que j’aime. Et c’est en essayant de m’entourer de producteurs, de musiciens différents que cela apporte des sons, des références à mon univers.

Ados.fr: C’est quand même ton 4ème album… Lorsque tu as enregistré ton premier single à l’âge de 16 ans, est ce que tu t’attendais à aller aussi loin dans la musique ?

Alizée : On a dû me poser la question « comment te vois-tu dans 10 ans ? » et je ne pensais pas encore être là aujourd’hui, être à mon 4ème album. Je pense que j’ai eu de la chance sur pratiquement tout mon parcours.

-------------------------------------------------
Look, succès... l'ex-Lolita se dévoile !
Il y a dix ans, Alizée, lolita au carré, chantait le front au vent la Corse et ses gourmandises adolescentes... Aujourd'hui maman, mariée, elle est devenue une femme (presque) comme les autres... Modeuse assumée qui rend hommage à Eddie, l'égérie d'Andy Warhol dans son nouvel album, elle s'expose avec un look plus mystérieux, qui colle avec sa nouvelle musique... mais la frange seventies ne saurait cacher son minois d'exception... La sublime Alizée nous parle mode, look, revient sur son adolescence et ses succès...Découvrez l'interview

Ados.fr : Nouvelle coupe, nouveau style ?

Alizée : J’ai eu pendant 10 ans les cheveux courts et j’en ai eu tout simplement marre. En plus, c’est une question pratique dans la vie de tous les jours. On attache les cheveux quand ils sont longs, que quand ils sont courts c’est un peu une galère. Et en même temps pour l’image, je grandis, j’évolue, forcément la mode aussi, j’aime beaucoup la mode. Je suis plutôt décontractée, après j’ai des créateurs fétiches. J’aime beaucoup Marc Jacobs et Karl Lagerfeld. Je ne m’habille pas en Marc Jacobs et Lagerfeld tous les jours, parce que je pense que je serais ruinée. Lagerfeld, je pense que c’est le « summum » de la classe et Marc Jacobs amène un peu de fun dans la mode.

Ados.fr : Ton succès à l’étranger ?

Alizée : Je trouve ça sympa de pouvoir aller dans un pays et de représenter un peu la France, même si c’est un grand mot. Mais, au moins de faire connaître sa musique. Je vis de belles expériences dans ce pays, et puis j’ai des gens qui sont là, qui sont fidèles parce que le précédent album est sorti là-bas, le nouveau sort aussi également.

Ados.fr : Interprète… Et auteur ?

Alizée : Moi, je n’ai pas ce talent et je préfère chanter les mots des autres. Ca m’arrange aussi parce que je suis très réservée et j’ai du mal à parler de moi et d’écrire sur moi, car c’est un peu mon jardin secret.

---------------------
Watch the video for the Musique, Warhol & Confidences... interview:
http://musique.ados.fr/Alizee/interviews/5176-alizee-enfant-siecle.html

Watch the video for the Look, succès... l'ex-Lolita se dévoile ! interview
http://musique.ados.fr/Alizee/interviews/5369-alisee-mode.html

The videos have much more than what is written there :wub:

Merci Alizée
05-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Musique, Warhol & Confidences...

Thanks thekidEm.

There is not much in the interview, talking about how work for UEdS started, her style of music and whether she expected herself in her current position.

Can someone tell what's there in the video?

Merci Alizée
06-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Alizée interview in Seventeen

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=401006029110&id=202026171197&ref=mf

Entrevista con AlizéeShare
Today at 5:51am

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs293.snc3/28334_397702691197_202026171197_4709039_536805_n.j pg

Esta coqueta cantante francesa trae un álbum en el cual combina pop con música electrónica y en donde colaboró con artistas como Adanowsky para crear este nuevo material.

Por: Mayra Martínez

17: ¿Qué fue lo que más te gustó de este disco y cómo fue trabajar con Adanowsky?
Alizeé: La relacion con Adanowsky viene de mi amigo Rob y por eso empezamos a trabajar juntos.

17: ¿Algún consejo que les quieras dar a las chicas Seventeen?
A: Permanece natural, realiza tus sueños pero ten en mente que estos solo se logran con el trabajo. ¡Vive tus sueños!

17: ¿Qué opinas de que artistas como Lady Gaga y Beyoncé tienen looks sexys como tú?
A: Normalmente cuando hago algo, no busco ser sexy, para mí hay una distinción importante entre lo que es ser sexy y vulgar. Respeto a Lady Gaga pero su imagen sí se me hace muy extrema.

17: ¿Cuál sería tu consejo para estar saludable y qué es lo que más te gusta de ti?
A: Duerme y come bien. A mí me gustan mucho mis ojos.

17: Dinos tu mejor tip de amor…
A: No veo mal que una chica tome la iniciativa y sé fiel, es mi mejor consejo.

17¿Quién te inspira para seguir en el mundo musical?
A: Convivir con mi familia, viajar a mi natal Córcega y me inspira Madonna.

This flirtatious French singer brings an album that combines pop with electronic music and where he collaborated with artists such as Adanowsky to create this new material.

By Mayra Martinez

17: What did you like about this album and how was work with Adanowsky?
Alizee: The relationship with Adanowsky comes from my friend Rob and so we started working together.

17: Any advice I want to give Seventeen girls?
A: Be natural, do your dreams but keep in mind that these only achieved with the job. Live your dreams!

17: Do you think that artists like Lady Gaga, and Beyoncé have sexy looks like you?
A: Normally when I do not seek to be sexy, for me there is an important distinction between what is being sexy and vulgar . I respect Lady Gaga but its image itself makes me very extreme.

17: What would be your advice to stay healthy and what you like most about you?
A: Sleep and eat well. I really like my eyes.

17: Tell us your best tip of love ...
A: I see no wrong for a girl takes the initiative and be faithful, it's my best advice.

17 Who inspires you to continue in the music world?
A : Living with my family, traveling to my native Corsica and Madonna inspires me.

My thoughts :
Someone help me to improve the translation.
We love your eyes.
I'll try to follow your advice. :D

Fall
06-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Alizée interview in Seventeen

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=401006029110&id=202026171197&ref=mf

Entrevista con AlizéeShare
Today at 5:51am

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs293.snc3/28334_397702691197_202026171197_4709039_536805_n.j pg

Esta coqueta cantante francesa trae un álbum en el cual combina pop con música electrónica y en donde colaboró con artistas como Adanowsky para crear este nuevo material.

Por: Mayra Martínez

17: ¿Qué fue lo que más te gustó de este disco y cómo fue trabajar con Adanowsky?
Alizeé: La relacion con Adanowsky viene de mi amigo Rob y por eso empezamos a trabajar juntos.

17: ¿Algún consejo que les quieras dar a las chicas Seventeen?
A: Permanece natural, realiza tus sueños pero ten en mente que estos solo se logran con el trabajo. ¡Vive tus sueños!

17: ¿Qué opinas de que artistas como Lady Gaga y Beyoncé tienen looks sexys como tú?
A: Normalmente cuando hago algo, no busco ser sexy, para mí hay una distinción importante entre lo que es ser sexy y vulgar. Respeto a Lady Gaga pero su imagen sí se me hace muy extrema.

17: ¿Cuál sería tu consejo para estar saludable y qué es lo que más te gusta de ti?
A: Duerme y come bien. A mí me gustan mucho mis ojos.

17: Dinos tu mejor tip de amor…
A: No veo mal que una chica tome la iniciativa y sé fiel, es mi mejor consejo.

17¿Quién te inspira para seguir en el mundo musical?
A: Convivir con mi familia, viajar a mi natal Córcega y me inspira Madonna.

This flirtatious French singer brings an album that combines pop with electronic music and where she collaborated with artists such as Adanowsky to create this new material.

By Mayra Martinez

17: What did you like about this album and what was it like working with Adanowsky?
Alizee: The relationship with Adanowsky comes from my friend Rob and so we started working together.

17: Do you have any advice you want to give to Seventeen girls?
A: Be natural, do your dreams but keep in mind that these only achieved through work. Live your dreams!

17: What do you think about artists like Lady Gaga, and Beyoncé who have sexy looks like you?
A: Normally when I do something, I don't try to be sexy, for me there is an important distinction between what is being sexy and vulgar. I respect Lady Gaga but her image seems to me to be too extreme.

17: What would be your advice to stay healthy and what you like most about yourself?
A: Sleep and eat well. I really like my eyes.

17: Tell us your best tip of love ...
A: I don't think it's wrong for a girl to take the initiative and be faithful, it's my best advice.

17 Who inspires you to continue in the music world?
A : Living with my family, traveling to my native Corsica and Madonna inspires me.

I fixed a few things here and there, for the most part, the translation was good :)

Merci Alizée
06-02-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks a lot, my friend.

Interview in Tu Magazine

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/jakeco14/AlirevueTu2.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/jakeco14/AlirevueTu.jpg

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii60/jakeco14/magazinetwistno9xx06201.jpg

Thanks to Jakeco(moi-alizee.net) :)

User22
06-02-2010, 10:26 PM
Translation of TU Magazine article:

1st page:

Alizée: A Child of the Century

It is said that good artists are the most simple, and we checked it. With it, who holds the title despite global artist (possibly the most international singer in France in recent years), I am inspired by what is accessible, open and honest in our talk was solely for you. We were amazed to see how this young woman of 25 years may have much in common with another girl of this century.

NOTE: ^Sorry the first paragraph was iffy, it was odd.^

2nd page:

1)Your Une Enfant Du Siecle album moves away from the style of your previous CD, as emerged?

Alizée:It represents the music that I like and now I believe. I am completely happy with it, I'm 100% sure. I took my time to do it, found the music exactly to count the things I felt, but I think it was worth the wait for its release.

2)Do you believe that this change will be accepted by all your fans?

Alizee: You would have to ask. At this point I question why not, rather I think it's good music, I like it, it has quality and I'm sure they like it as much as me.

3)What is your favorite track on the cd?

Alizée:I have no one in particular. For me it would be difficult to say which is the best because all the songs fascinate me and tell a story, it's like asking a mother who her favorite son is, she will surely answer that each of kids are special for one reason or another quality.

4)Why call it a "A Child of the Century?"

Alizée:Not only is it full of electro-pop music, which is what I heard in Europe, it has songs that represent the women of today: a strong girl that works by having a full life in the professional, familiar and sentimental.

5)You appeared on a cover with the look of Madonna of her single "Like a Virgin", do you admire her?

Alizée:I've always admired Madonna since childhood. I grew up listening, and when I set out to do this kind of tribute, I loved the idea and accepted it.

6)Are there any Latin American artists with whom you would like to do a duet?

Alizée:Since I went to Mexico. everything has been so fast and with so much work, I have not had time to listen to the proposals out there. Some Latin artists I know Shakira and Ricky Martin, and I love them.

7)With so much success, have you thought inroads into the U.S. music market woud thus be your international career crown?

Alizée:Of course I adore it, I think that would be the dream of any artist, regardless of nationality; I would like to be French speaking, without singing in English.

"I am happy to be a young mom, but I think I must be a good example for the younger children who also follow me."

8)You seem very safe, is it the secret of attraction you have?

Alizée:There are not days when I do not feel special or pretty. My passion is music and I think to do what you want and fight for your dreams, everyone is made attractive.

9)Being a young mom, what is the message you want to convey?

Alizée:For me the most important is my daughter. I want to make her a good person, because I worry about important things, and that is what I wish to convey.

10)You are a consenting mother?

Alizée:Yes, but trying not to be as effective. When its a small issue I always do my best; it is important to teach the value of each item. It is not easy, but it's taking shape.

11)Will you watch the 2010 World Cup in South Africa?

Alizée:Yes, I'm watch a lot of football. I think France has a good chance of winning, especially since we have a goalkeeper-Hugo Lloris-which is excellent.

I AM SOOO TIRED and will do the third page tomorrow. This is a good interview with good Q's and A's from Lilly:D

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-02-2010, 10:55 PM
Alizée and shakira? She just blew my mind! Could you imagine the in-humanely hypnotic dancing?

User22
06-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Alizée and shakira? She just blew my mind! Could you imagine the in-humanely hypnotic dancing?

Totally agreed dude. That would be too much for human eyes to see:wub:

Shakira is a good dancer and singer but isn't that hot though...

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-03-2010, 07:02 AM
I wouldn't say Shakira isn't 'hot', as you say, she just isn't my kind of hot. She was a pretty woman for the few videos of hers I saw, but I haven't seen anything since 'Hips don't lie'.

Bigdan
06-04-2010, 07:05 PM
Cosmopolitan

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2730/cosmo1.th.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/cosmo1.jpg/)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6939/cosmo2o.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/cosmo2o.jpg/)

With a funny quiz...:p

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmm... I saw that already today at psychalizée. Also, it is good to see she is not against releasing in America. If I am interpreting this right, she actually thinks it would be a brilliant acheviement.

Roman
06-04-2010, 10:58 PM
This magazine article is a little suspect in any case. Something just feels a little odd. Maybe it's because they started with that photo from 2008. I guess it's not all that unusual to see an old photo though. And as far as I know, it's never been released before. It's cool that we finally got to see it!

And no, I can't remember what publication had the original photos from that shoot. She is holding a coke in one.

Bigdan
06-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Cosmopolitan

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2730/cosmo1.th.jpg (http://img441.imageshack.us/i/cosmo1.jpg/)

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6939/cosmo2o.th.jpg (http://img7.imageshack.us/i/cosmo2o.jpg/)

Translation :

My favorite curse word :
couillon de la lune

In fashion, what will I sell one's soul for...

A red Jerome Dreyffus bag.

Last time I drunk too much...

end of the evening cocktail party of Restau du Coeur ( Enfoirés), I don't know how my Iphone, which was in my back pocket, ended in the lavatory bowl !

In Six feet under TV serie, I identify myself to...

Claire.

In loop in my Ipod :

"Travellin like the light" VV Brown

A raging hunger in the night ...

Nutella, with a spoon.

:)

Fèvier
06-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Cosmopolitan

Translation :

My favorite curse word :
couillon de la lune

end of the evening cocktail party of Restau du Coeur ( Enfoirés), I don't know how my Iphone, which was in my back pocket, ended in the lavatory bowl !

Claire.

In loop in my Ipod :

Nutella, with a spoon.

NUTELLA!!!!! jaja, thanks BigDan :D

Edit:

^hey that was my 300th post! Nutella is the best way to celebrate!

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Lolz phone in toilet? Sounds like a really bad party game! Also: nutella+spoon=epic desert!

Roman
06-10-2010, 05:28 AM
If I had to choose:
Julien Doré (over Benjamin Biolay)
(really?)

I am often mistaken for:
Alyssa Milano
(ha ha, no way! She looks more like the below photo of Vanessa Paradis. Hmm, maybe a young Alyssa and young Alizée...)

At my ideal dinner I would bring together:
Obama, Paradis, Kate Moss

I could while away the time:
Listening to my 5 year old daughter, Annily, « maybe when grandma isn't dead any more she'll come down from heaven »
(did I get that right? and I wonder...)

My latest purchase:
A "bandeau" (don't know what that's called in English, but you can see the photo) swimsuit from Eres in Navy blue and green.

My catch phrase:
« Life is hard »
I use that with everything.

I look in the mirror and think:
I'm 12 1/2 years old!

I would like to do a duo with:
Lilly Allen

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Roman, I see no links for pictures. Where are the pictures you mentioned? Also, Alyssa Milano looks pretty, but she doesn't look like Alizée. And Obama, Moss, and Paradis? Quite the interesting dinner...

Merci Alizée
06-10-2010, 10:38 AM
Cosmopolitan

Translation :

My favorite curse word :
couillon de la lune

Claire.

In loop in my Ipod :

Nutella, with a spoon.

Roman, I see no links for pictures. Where are the pictures you mentioned? Also, Alyssa Milano looks pretty, but she doesn't look like Alizée. And Obama, Moss, and Paradis? Quite the interesting dinner...

The pictures have already been posted by Bigdan. Everything is from the same magazine. Bigdan translated upto question # 6. There were 14 questions, rest translated by Roman. :)

If I had to choose:
Julien Doré (over Benjamin Biolay)
(really?)

I am often mistaken for:
Alyssa Milano
(ha ha, no way! She looks more like the below photo of Vanessa Paradis. Hmm, maybe a young Alyssa and young Alizée...)

At my ideal dinner I would bring together:
Obama, Paradis, Kate Moss

I could while away the time:
Listening to my 5 year old daughter, Annily, « maybe when grandma isn't dead any more she'll come down from heaven »
(did I get that right? and I wonder...)

My latest purchase:
A "bandeau" (don't know what that's called in English, but you can see the photo) swimsuit from Eres in Navy blue and green.

My catch phrase:
« Life is hard »
I use that with everything.

I look in the mirror and think:
I'm 12 1/2 years old!

I would like to do a duo with:
Lilly Allen

Hmm, she thinks she is half of her current age. :wub:

Life is beautiful with you. :)

Bigdan
06-10-2010, 03:51 PM
Bigdan translated upto question # 6. There were 14 questions, rest translated by Roman. :)

Good work ( I didn"t even see the further questions :o)

and now, that a page about France ( as selected for World Cup) in a Mexican magazine :

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz355/alizeeluis/AlizeerevistaHmundialista.jpg

( they think we are 148 millions !!:blink: We are hardly 65 millions !)

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Lolz México needs to check their sources!

Edit:

I knew Bigdan had translated the first questíons, but roman mentioned there were pctures below his post. When she says that about her age, I think she means it in a sense of that she feels she has not yet eperienced most of life, not that she looks 12. I could very well be wrong, though. Especially since she has seen multiple other countries, she has met thousands of fans, and many other reasons. I would think she would feel older. I am sure she has the wisdom of somone thrice her age, easily.

Fall
06-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Good work ( I didn"t even see the further questions :o)

and now, that a page about France ( as selected for World Cup) in a Mexican magazine :

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz355/alizeeluis/AlizeerevistaHmundialista.jpg

( they think we are 148 millions !!:blink: We are hardly 65 millions !)
Whoever wrote that is a disgusting, perverted, and prejudiced little bitch.

wasabi622
06-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Whoever wrote that is a disgusting, perverted, and prejudiced little bitch.

What does it say? My head will explode and it'll take me a long time to translate and read it myself.

I can read the Alizée part, it says something like: The famous singer Alizée, who we know(?) with the song Moi...Lolita. A dreamy woman!

Fall
06-10-2010, 09:29 PM
What does it say? My head will explode and it'll take me a long time to translate and read it myself.

I can read the Alizée part, it says something like: The famous singer Alizée, who we know(?) with the song Moi...Lolita. A dreamy woman!
It's not worth anybody's time trust me.

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-10-2010, 10:18 PM
I am curious too! Please?

Fall
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Sure but Alex will have to help with some bits, especially the lines under "Francia" (Cachondean? :blink:) . I will edit this post with the translations.

User22
06-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Hey guys look at the Mete Gols section of that magazing:p

Fall
06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey guys look at the Mete Gols section of that magazing:p
clearly this is your kind of article

User22
06-10-2010, 11:24 PM
The Country's Sexiness: The famous singer Alizée, who was born/concocted through the song "Moi...Lolita." A woman's dream!

What the crap does "A woman's dream!" mean?!

wasabi622
06-10-2010, 11:39 PM
I think it may mean "A dream of a woman". Woman of your dreams? Something along those lines.

But what does the rest of the article say? I can pick up some of other parts, but what's the meaty section say?

User22
06-10-2010, 11:47 PM
But what does the rest of the article say? I can pick up some of other parts, but what's the meaty section say?

There is no meaty section, that's the only part that has the name Alizee in it...:confused:

wasabi622
06-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Hahaa, rub your eyes and look at the article again, there's a lot more to it then just Alizée. :p

She makes up just a small portion on the bottom man, unfortunate, but there's more on the page.

User22
06-10-2010, 11:52 PM
I can't see which parts. Tell me the title or first word in the section and I will translate it;)

wasabi622
06-11-2010, 12:04 AM
I can't see which parts. Tell me the title or first word in the section and I will translate it;)

Hahaha, thanks for the offer, but in that case, it'd be faster and easier for me to translate it myself.

Fall
06-11-2010, 01:16 PM
Sure but Alex will have to help with some bits, especially the lines under "Francia" (Cachondean? :blink:) . I will edit this post with the translations.
I hope the French who read this are not offended, this is a translation of the article, not my words in any way.

GENERAL FACTS:
Capital: Paris
Language: French
Population: 148.2 million
Women: 50.8%
Mascot: Ratatouille
Exports: The famous smell of PASUCO (PAtas SUdor y COla = feet, sweat, and ass)
Who to party with: Obviously with the author singer Carla Bruni, whom at 42 years old looks tremendously sexy and b-e-autiful. (please help with the following, Alex, Tip: Bajasela a Sarkosy, esta facil! No? :o)

THE WOMEN:
Prominent cheeks and lips, white skin and blue eyes. Are said not to shave or bathe, but are the prettiest in the world.
How to get one: Never even think of making fun of their accent, but if you gain their trust, you'll get more than a French Kiss.
What drink to buy them: Pastis? is a perfumed liquor which is typical in <st1:country-region w:st="on">France</st1:country-region>, served cold (and aperitivo? help Alex :o) in the regions of <st1:state w:st="on">Provence</st1:state> and <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Marseilles</st1:city></st1>. Wine is a traditional part of life. To your health! (Cheers!)
The sexy woman: The sexy singer, Alizée who is known for her her song Moi... Lolita. What a woman!

SCORE A GOAL:
The trio French kiss. One of them (two women) must be in doggy style position while the other is behind you (I will not write the rest, look at the picture)

EXTRA!:
Ethnic roots: face of a baby with the lips of a woman (Don't ask me. Alex? :blink:)
Learn more: don't miss the video of Moulin Rouge, Lady Marmalade
Joke: Where do the French keep their money? under the bar of soap and deodorant

FYI: 25% of French people admit to infidelity

NETAS DEL FUT? :blink: (Alex once again, help lol)
Les Bleus, the Blues as the French team is nicknamed, is one of the teams who have won the most important titles organized by FIFA: World Cup (1998) Olympic Games (1984) FIFA Confederations Cup (2001, 2003) and Euro Cup (1984, 2000)
Regulating body: Federation of French Football
World Cup History: in 1930 France came in 7th place, in 1986 3rd, crowned winner in 1998 and 3rd in 2006. <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1>France</st1></st1:country-region> has played in 13 World Cups.

WHO TO FOLLOW:
Thierry Henry: from AS Monaco, he is 32 years old and has played in 118 international matches.

UNIFORM: just see the pic
FACT: the record is 51 goals by Thierry Henry, hey, you try and beat that!

QUINIELA? (Alex? lol)
<st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1>France</st1></st1:country-region> has dreamed of and achieved number one titles as world champions, so we have no doubt they will at least make it out of the quarterfinals

Phew. Glad that's over.

Merci Alizée
06-11-2010, 01:26 PM
I hope the French who read this are not offended, this is a translation of the article, not my words in any way.

I could only laugh at the most of the part. Thanks Fall :)

wasabi622
06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Wow, that's harsh. Weird that they'd publish that in a magazine like that. huh.

Thanks for the translation though Fall! :D

Bigdan
06-11-2010, 01:42 PM
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]I hope the French who read this are not offended, this is a translation of the article, not my words in any way.

I suppose it's a good assessment of mexican humor....:rolleyes:

Fall
06-11-2010, 01:52 PM
There was another interview in Mexico where I thought the interviewer lady was quite rude.
I don't think it has much to do with Mexico, rather the stupid media people

User22
06-11-2010, 07:40 PM
That article was quite disturbing yet funny, thanks for adding those parts in Fall:D

Fall
06-12-2010, 06:42 PM
That article was quite disturbing yet funny, thanks for adding those parts in Fall:D
I'd say it was my pleasure, but it wasn't, for this particular article anyway. Still though, you're welcome. Glad to help.

Fèvier
06-12-2010, 06:44 PM
I'd say it was my pleasure, but it wasn't, for this particular article anyway. Still though, you're welcome. Glad to help.

yeah when I first looked at the pictures (before you translated) I was like, "Oh God I hope no one translates that part." but I guess you did anyways :p

Fall
06-12-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah when I first looked at the pictures (before you translated) I was like, "Oh God I hope no one translates that part." but I guess you did anyways :p
I wasn't going to, but I did so anyway for the more curious of us. Or the Aaronius of us.

Fèvier
06-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I wasn't going to, but I did so anyway for the more curious of us. Or the Aaronius of us.

well stated :p

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Lolz way to go fall...

User22
06-12-2010, 11:05 PM

Hey I could have translated that part myself! Thankyou very much! haha. And I'm not like that all the time psh:rolleyes:

Roman
06-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of Americans who would love to be just as crude, though I wouldn't especially expect to see it in a magazine (well, not a sports magazine). Then again, I don't look at a lot of magazines. I guess the point is, while it doesn't make Mexicans look good, we all know there are plenty of French, Americans, Mexicans and probably everyone else who is vulgar and not afraid to show it (except those countries where you get prison time for it).

I must admit, I'm not even going to save a copy of this one. It's not like it even has much to say about Alizée.

User22
06-12-2010, 11:28 PM
I don't think we should even consider that thing an Alizée magazine since it says nothing new...everyone has known she is amazingly booty-full ever since she was shown on TV...

Merci Alizée
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
1. Yahoo France

http://fr.news.yahoo.com/67/20100618/ten-alize-un-vent-de-glam-rock-au-ritz-3f728ab.html

Alizée : un vent de glam rock au Ritz

Les années jupette et couette sont loin pour Alizée. La jeune femme qui s'est émancipée du duo Mylène Farmer Laurent Boutonnat (qui avait lancé sa carrière il y a dix ans) est désormais maman et mariée à Jérémy Chatelain, ex candidat de Star Academy. Et maintenant, Alizée fait ce qu'elle aime, comme elle l'aime. Lire la suite l'article

Hier soir, Alizée a joué la Djette et a fait profiter la jeunesse parisienne d'une sélection de chansons de son crû. Cheveux longs frange droite, t-shirt en v blanc, foulard rock et casque sur les oreilles, il avait de la gueule ce disc jockey-là.

Alizée qui a lâché les micro shorts et mini jupette pour un style moderne et décontracté, n'en reste pas moins séduisante aux yeux des hommes. La preuve, le dernier sondage du magazine FHM a fait d'elle la plus sexy des Françaises...

2. Voici

http://www.voici.fr/potins-people/les-photos-star/photos-alizee-est-dj-au-bar-du-ritz-361774

L’ex protégée de Mylène Farmer s’est glissée derrière les platines pour faire danser les clients du Ritz bar.

Les années jupette et couette sont loin pour Alizée. La jeune femme qui s’est émancipée du duo Mylène Farmer – Laurent Boutonnat (qui avait lancé sa carrière il y a dix ans) est désormais maman et mariée à Jérémy Chatelain, ex candidat de Star Academy. Et maintenant, Alizée fait ce qu’elle aime, comme elle l’aime.
Hier soir, Alizée a joué la Djette et a fait profiter la jeunesse parisienne d’une sélection de chansons de son crû. Cheveux longs frange droite, t-shirt en v blanc, foulard rock et casque sur les oreilles, il avait de la gueule ce disc jockey-là.
Alizée qui a lâché les micro shorts et mini jupette pour un style moderne et décontracté, n’en reste pas moins séduisante aux yeux des hommes. La preuve, le dernier sondage du magazine FHM a fait d’elle la plus sexy des Françaises…

AlizéeInspired
06-18-2010, 05:30 PM
Thanks MA. Cool stuff.

Bigdan
06-26-2010, 02:37 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8647/corsepeople.th.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/corsepeople.jpg/)

As you see, celebs love Corsica...

Criss_pl
06-27-2010, 09:58 AM
http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/8647/corsepeople.th.jpg (http://img192.imageshack.us/i/corsepeople.jpg/)

As you see, celebs love Corsica...
Sun, warm sea, great weather, not far from mainland, so why not love Corsica?
Perfect place to spend some time in quite calm place.

Bigdan
06-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Sun, warm sea, great weather, not far from mainland, so why not love Corsica?
Perfect place to spend some time in quite calm place.

And ,as you see, Mylène is not very far away...:p

Merci Alizée
07-16-2010, 02:57 PM
Press updates from nidalizee:

http://www.nidalizee.com/news/88_image.JPG

Check it out here. http://www.nidalizee.com/news/

French press

COSMOPOLITAN July 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/cosmo-440.jpg
TETU July 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/tetu-157.jpg
CLOSER June 25, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/closer-263.jpg
PUBLIC June 25, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/public-363.jpg
MOVE TRIBE May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TRIBUMOVE-135/
SHOWBIZ May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/showbiz4.jpg
MARIANNE May 15, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/marianne682.jpg
SOLD PUBLISHED April 22, 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/paruvendu220410.jpg

Foreign Press:

DIA SIETE (Mexico) - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/diasiete508.jpg
TWIST (Mexico) in June 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/twist9.jpg
UT (Mexico) 26 May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/TU-MEXICO-260510/
NOTES PARATA (Mexico) in May 2010 - http://www.nidalizee.com/presse/NOTAS-PARATI-227/

Roman
07-17-2010, 03:46 PM
A few things I missed, even an interview. Thanks M.A.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-17-2010, 04:27 PM
No, I meant because it's "Brain Magazine". The press never considered her especially "brainy" before.

Heyyyy! Ouch!! Now my pocket protector fell out!!! :p

Wasabi, you're welcome! I'm still workin on the transulation, cause it's an interesting piece, but the Google translation Merci Alizée posted was still pretty hard to understand. (Just the same, Merci à Merci Alizée!!!)

Edit: >>> okay, here it is. <<<
__________________________________________________ _____

ALIZÉE – Une Fille Dans Le Vent (A Girl In The Wind)
BRAIN MAGAZINE, March 10, 2010.

Alizée was No. 1 around the world with a hit which pleased even the old men. In Peru, she was a dentistry star (Click here-funny!) (http://www.brain-magazine.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3311:alizee-star-dentaire-au-perou&catid=92:putes&Itemid=69) and in Mexico, she could not go anywhere without her bodyguards. And then suddenly the little pop singer raised by Mylène Farmer has decided to make music with the producers from Institubes: Chateau Marmont, Rob, David Rubato, Tahiti Boy Tacteel and Para One. The result is the concept album, A Child of the Century, entirely written by Jean-René Etienne, head of the label. If because of her, the Kevins and Sylvies of France begin to throw their panties before Chateau Marmont, we promise to come every day and place a red rose in front of her house.

You've had good reviews on this album?
Alizée: Somewhat, yes. Especially from people who hadn't listened to me before. It's also pretty cool that some of the music press, I had perhaps not had before, are now interested in this project. In the past, the people who interviewed me did not care about the album. Here the people really speak to me about my album, and when one is an artist it's good to talk about what we do and what we love.

How is that you are now working with the crew at Institubes?
Alizée: For most of my singles, I asked musicians to remix the title for clubs to have something more to go out to the fans. On my previous album, I had this song Fifty Sixty, which was my second single. My DA at the time at Sony suggested to me a remix by David Rubato, who was at Institubes. David made a version that was really a song in itself. I loved it, and I thought the video was well done and that it would bring something else to the album. That's how I met Jean-René Etienne of Institubes, and Rebecca who made the video for Fifty Sixty - David Rubato version. At that point, I was beginning to think about my new album and I did not know exactly what to do. Jean-René asked me to meet the producers of his label. So I met the Chateau Marmont, Tacteel and all others at the same appointment. It went really well. From there, it was decided to try to do a concept album.

At that point, you knew Institubes?
Alizée: By name. But no, I did not know what they were doing. And besides, I did not even want to listen before receiving their proposals for my album because I wanted to give them the chance to do something for me, from what I inspired in them and that the story inspired in them. So then, I heard what Institubes does only after listening to their productions for my album.

What were your aims for this album?
Alizée: Actually, it was an idea of Jean-René to do this album. I just told them I wanted to do something opposite to what I am. My voice, it is like it is. When I listen to someone singing on the radio, I like to recognize them immediately. I wanted it to be a pop album, I did not want to make a trendy album that nobody buys ... I wanted to continue in my thing, make my album and they would bring their ideas, their vision of music. That's how, little by little, each sent me songs and the album was built.

Alizée: I have a few references that are the opposite of what I have done musically. I've always loved Madonna and Michael, Blondie, Aznavour ... Moroder and Blondie, obviously with the Chateau Marmont, it went well with their style of music. According to Rob, his reference was Jeanette, this is not someone I listen to but I know the reference and it did not bother me. David Rubato, his reference was mostly Gainsbourg and I am mega fan of Gainsbourg. They were all, at once trying to adjust to my style while still doing their things.

Alizee: All Michael. Madonna, all her first until Mirwais, after that, less. Today, I like Jay-Z, The Killers. I never had a particular favorite style of music, I always liked lots of different things.

This album represents something different from your previous albums?
Alizée: It's different because I'm twenty-five now and that I may have a certain maturity that I had not before. My last album, I had produced all alone with my husband (Jérémy Chatelain). Here, I am working with talented people who have their own vision, their own ideas. I feel like I was learning a lot, a bit like ten years ago, when Mylène Farmer was teaching me the trade.

Do you feel like you're taking a gamble with this disc?
Alizée: Yes. But I think the risk was already there since when I separated from Mylene. In fact I'm pretty calm now, I do not think about it too much. Finally, at the same time, we'll see when the album comes out ... I'm not one to ask myself questions, as long as my project pleases me and I took it from A to Z. We'll see how people receive it.

Yes, it is in France ...
Alizée: Right. Before, I thought much about it. I said to myself: "France is complicated because you can not stray too far from what you do, people are quickly lost." But here I no longer ask myself the question because this disc is a pop album. Unlike Charlotte Gainsbourg, I haven't made an album dedicated to a certain audience. My album, I want it to be popular, I want to continue to sell records and to do les Enfoirés.

There is a dark side to this album ...
Alizée: More so than before, yes. It is less colorful. And at the same time, I'm twenty-five, I'm not going to do happy stuff all the time. And it's also good to change. But then that's my personality. I love manga stuff and everything bright and colorful, and that's good, you know. But after a while I like the dark stuff and I love to sing without a smile. And then at the same time this is a concept album, this is not just me talking even if I can find myself in the songs and words. That suits me a bit besides the fact that this is a concept album because I'm a little reserved, a bit unsociable, I do not display my life ...

If you had to summarize the conceptual side of the album precisely, what would you say?
Alizée: It's a novel. If you take a song from its context and listen to it like that, people can like it because it can stand on its own, but at the same time, it makes you want to listen to the whole album to hear the story.

If it does not sell, will it be a real disappointment?
Alizée: Ouais quand même ouais. * (Alizée: Yeah just the same yeah. )

It's Chateau Marmont that produced half the album. Why them?
Alizée: Yes, they made the most songs, but it's Rob who has made the album. Rob did 3 titles, Marmont 5. Once the tracks were made, it was Rob who sat in the studio to get the sound of the album so that everything is consistent. I received the songs - unfinished - and I had to decide to accept them or not. But I accepted almost all, I had to decline only 2, maybe 3. Then, the lyrics came. And then there are the choices of mixes.

I'll list 6 producers of the album, and you're going to describe each in a few words. First Rob?
Alizée: Well Rob is the person with whom I spent the most time. I love Rob because I feel that we love the same kind of music. We hear each other really well. It's rare to agree so well with people with whom you work and you see all the time. He was very important on the album. We were often in complete accord – which is not to say that I disagreed with the others. He appeases, he is always cheerful, he quickly puts you at ease. It is difficult to sing in front of people you don't know at first. It's harder to sing in a room where there are 2 people than in front of 3000 people. Rob is very calming, everything flows, everything is really good. I hope he will be there for the tour but hey, he's doing Phoenix's tour ... and that's just 365 days a year, so we'll see.

David Rubato?
Alizée: It's with credit to him that the story began. David has lots and lots of talent but he does not show many things. I don't know how much music he has in his computer, but he is never sure things are good when all he does is good. On the other hand, he is the biggest perfectionist of all the producers. He listens to every sound, every syllable, every breath. It's super interesting to work with him.

Chateau Marmont?
Alizée: They all four have different personalities. They complement each other. And they are super good melodists. After all is said and done, they may be known to most as musicians and producers of music but in melodies, they are really strong, in fact it is they who made my first single. I believe they have a great career ahead. I think people will ask them for a lot of titles and not just from the industry side, but also the popular side. I hope so, because they deserve it.

Tahiti Boy?
Alizée: He's the one I know the least. I worked with him on Grand Central but he was not there when we went into the studio, it's Tacteel who was there, so I have seen him very little. I do not know him well but I did something with him for a Christmas song ("It's Christmas And It Won't Be The Last") with other friends of his, and it was really good.

Tacteel?
Alizée: I first met him at that first meeting. I had heard a lot about Tacteel with his band at the time (ATK). He, too, as an artist, he will do great things in the future. He really has a lot of talent.

Para One?
Alizée: Para One came last. He should not have been on the album but he offered me a song that I adored and which really cohered with the album. Such, I have rarely seen. So I spent a whole day with him and it went really well. All these guys are really cool. It's rare that things happen so well and fly so fast.

Which of these is the nicest?
Alizée: Nicest? It's complicated. I would not say the nicest but the most Zen is Rob.

The most handsome?
Alizee: The handsomest? Holala! I'm going to say Julian of Marmont.

Le plus sale*? The dirtiest?
Alizée: Le plus saaaale? (The diirrrtiest?) Ahah! Halala… le plus sale! (Halala ... the dirtiest!) Je peux dire qui mais c'est une joke hein? (I can say who but it is a joke right?) Guillaume des Marmont. (Guillaume from Marmont.) Il va m'en vouloir! (He will be angry!)

Alizée: Yes it would please me if they like something popular. Being popular doesn't mean something is not good. I am confident that one can be mainstream and do things of quality.

(fin):o *(asterisks just above because I had to leave her original responses.)

Thank's Chuck for the interview!

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Ok, lizbel has translated another interview, and asked me to edit it for an anglophone ear/eye. So, here it is, a Psych era interview:

Alizée, after Mylène Farmer

Alizée's new album, Psychédélices, is diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop, with strong accents of the 1980s. The songs are written by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain, and rapper Oxmo Puccino. For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, a European hit in 2000, comments about this new adventure, and return to the work she made with the duo of Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy, and mature album. Focus on a career apart.

1.Moi... Lolita has not been written for her.

'It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive, and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never like a manipulated puppet. But after four years I've had enough of all the songs being based on sensuality and sexuality. I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... '

2. Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat gave her her contract, very simply.

'They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself. Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.'

3.Criticisms, such as 'Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!', didn't touch her.

'I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with. I sent texts to Jean Fauque , knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts... My approach, as if I were a "young runaway" has touched them. The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too. '

[b]4. She designed the cover of her album.

'Two Alizée are looking at each other. One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am the mother of a little girl. The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake. This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore.'

To give proper respect, here is Lizbel's original translation:

The new Alizée's album, Psychédélices, is a diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop with strong accents of the 1980s. The songs are signed by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain or rapper Oxmo Puccino. For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, an European hit in 2000, comments this new adventure and returns to the work she made with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy and mature album. Focus on a career apart.

"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself as a manipulated puppet. But after four years I've had enough that all the songs were based on sensuality and sexuality. I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges ,with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "

"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself. Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.

3.Critics such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.

"I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with. I asked texts to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ... My approach, like if I was a "young runaway" has touched them. The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too. "

4. She designed the cover of her album.

"Two Alizée are looking to each other. One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl. The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake. This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore. "

The original articale can be seen here: http://www.lexpress.fr/culture/musiq...ee_474322.html

I edited this to make it more natural sounding to a native English speaker. How Alizee would most likely respond if she were a native English speaker. After all, isn't that the point of a translation? To make something easily understandable in another language?
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts to master our English language!

Lizbel
07-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Thank you :-).

Does "I sent texts to Jean Fauque " mean that she asked him to write lyrics for her ? because that's she wanted to say in the interview. She didn't send him texts (it's my fault if you didn't understand, in French we say "textes " or "paroles" for "lyrics").

Fèvier
07-22-2010, 03:24 PM
well first off, thanks for the interview you two! you two make a great team! :D

2nd, this is the UEDS Media section, not Psych. so... :p

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-22-2010, 03:40 PM
Oh, I see...

FanDeAliFee
07-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Ok, lizbel has translated another interview, and asked me to edit it for an anglophone ear/eye...
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts to master our English language!

I mean no criticism of your helpful effort, VVVACCPLPNLY. But since Lizbel has done us this favor, and also has a professional interest in expression, I thought I would also rework her copy without looking at your rendering. This will let her discover if two native English speakers differ much in their copy-editing of her text.

I will not look at the original French text:
first, for want of time, and
second, because my French is now so poor I doubt it would prove helpful.

Most of my classroom-based education was good, but to this day I am shocked that it included only seven weeks of formal instruction in English grammar, all during one year.

(As an aside, I am curious which song on Psychédélices reflects Giulietta Masina.)

The original articale can be seen here...
Thanks to Lizbel for her specatular efforts...

I beg your pardon, but Lizbel should note you are a bit careless about spelling.
e.g. you should have written "article" and "spectacular."

First, let me say that Lizbel's original text is very easy to rework, because the intended meaning in English is so clear. I once had to rework an article by a senior French informatics professor, whose spoken English was excellent, but whose written English was so bizarre that editing it was a terrible labor.

======
I copy Lizbel's original text, followed by my version in bold text. I underline any changes made.

The new Alizée's album, Psychédélices, is a diving into a sexy, rhythmic pop with strong accents of the 1980s.
The new Alizée album, Psychédélices, is a dive into sexy, rhythmic pop with strong influences from the 1980s.

The songs are signed by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain or rapper Oxmo Puccino.
The songs are authored by Jean Fauque (Bashung's lyricist ), Daniel Darc, Bertrand Burgalat, Jérémy Chatelain and rapper Oxmo Puccino. [The use of or may be logically correct, but curious custom specifies the use of and.]

For LEXPRESS.fr, Alizée, 24, who was discovered with Moi Lolita, an European hit in 2000, comments this new adventure and returns to the work she made with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat.
Alizée, 24, who was discovered through Moi Lolita, a European hit in 2000, comments to LEXPRESS.fr on this new adventure and returns to the work she did with the duo Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat. [Why do I break the usual rule about the appearance of the indefinite article before a word starting with a vowel? I do so because the "E" in European has the "Y" sound. Thus I would write "an elephant" but still write "a European."]

Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a pop, sexy and mature album. Focus on a career apart.
Alizée emancipates herself from Mylène Farmer with Psychédélices, a sexy and mature pop album. Reform to a career apart. [Why did I move "pop"? To me, "pop" is a noun, not an adjective, and so I use the compound noun "pop album."]

1.Moi... Lolita was not written for her.

"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself as a manipulated puppet.
"It was like a character part ... At 15, I was very naive and I didn't always understand what I was singing, although I never felt myself to be a manipulated puppet.

But after four years I've had enough that all the songs were based on sensuality and sexuality.
But after four years I'd had enough of songs that were all based on sensuality and sexuality.

I didn't want either to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "
I also didn't want to wear dresses made by Courrèges, with boots, and musically it wasn't so good, so... "

2. Very simply, Mylène Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat gave back her contract.

"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself.
"They taught me everything - including meticulousness, perfectionism, the power of the image - but I had to free myself.

Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.
Anyway, they knew they could no longer keep me.

3.Critics such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.
3.Criticism such as "Without Mylène, Alizée is nothing!" didn't touch her.

"I made the perfect list of artists I wanted to work with.
"I made the perfect list of artists with whom I wanted to work. [The original English translation is very popular, but grammatically wrong.]

I asked texts to Jean Fauque , knocked at the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I requested Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ...
[B]I sent inquiries to Jean Fauque [Bashung's lyricist], knocked on the door of Oxmo Puccino's studio, I called for Daniel Darc at the end of one of his concerts ...

My approach, like if I was a "young runaway" has touched them.
My approach, as if I was a "young runaway," has touched them.

The album interweaves many stories about mythical women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too."
The album interweaves many stories about legendary women - Nico, Giulietta Masina - and talks about me, too." ["mythical" asserts a fictional existence only.]

"Two Alizée are looking to each other.
"Two Alizées are looking at each other.

One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl.
One of them is very feminine, quiet, responsible, since I am a mother of a little girl.

The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake.
The other, childish, wearing sneakers, is eating a cake.

This photo sums me up: 23 years, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore."
This photo sums me up: 23 years old, not yet a woman, and not a child anymore."

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kp93flpMav0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kp93flpMav0&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?rel=0&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

sumi1
07-22-2010, 04:23 PM
Thanks VVV and docdtv for the efforts. Being a non-native speaker of English myself, I found comparing two translations quite useful.

Also, thanks for clarifying the use of a and an that has always confused me. :)

Tchaikovsky
07-22-2010, 05:46 PM
WOOOO!! We have a new translator! :D

lefty12357
07-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Thanks guys, and a special thanks to Lizbel ! I know translations are very much appreciated here. :)

Roman
07-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Thank you :-).

Does "I sent texts to Jean Fauque " mean that she asked him to write lyrics for her ? because that's she wanted to say in the interview. She didn't send him texts (it's my fault if you didn't understand, in French we say "textes " or "paroles" for "lyrics").
"J'ai demandé des textes à Jean Fauque"
What she said is that she requested texts/lyrics from Jean Fauque.

"I sent texts to Jean Fauque" = J'ai envoyé des textes à Jean Fauque.

Thanks for posting this. I had it already from the time, but like so much from the time, it never got translated.
Here's an upload of the three part video interview: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4JO7OJD4

Fall
07-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Many thanks for the translations and links :)

wasabi622
07-31-2010, 04:38 PM
New video that I saw on facebook.

Not sure who the other guy is, but I'm taking that he's a singer too. :p

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfq2wxOxwZE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kfq2wxOxwZE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Roman
07-31-2010, 09:11 PM
Well, you can see that this guy, Skaat, is singing with Alizée there.

Fall
08-04-2010, 05:25 AM
The original translation was a simple google one, so I gave it a shot to clarify it for the non-Spanish speakers :D

Original article : http://www.circulomixup.com/nuevo/articulos/alizee-le-dice-adios-a-lolita/

Date : 22nd June, 2010.

Language : Spanish

Translation by Fall06

Some pop starshttp://kona.kontera.com/javascript/lib/imgs/grey_loader.gif
(http://www.alizee-india.com/forum/index.php?topic=89.0#) have something in common with the newly rich. They want something that doesn't come with the gold and platinum of their disc sales: The recognition of the critics and of the public.
By Maximiliano Torres

At 26, Alizée has almost everything in terms of artistic career : Good sales, a loyal community of fans and an unmistakable image. What’s next? To shake off the cliché of which she was hostage. One more year as a lolita of pop and Nabokov would have risen from the grave to ask them to "liberate" Alizée (not without first inviting her for a drink and writing her a novel).

So, continuing with the syndrome of the newly rich, the return of Alizée should be observed with an eye of the fashionista. In the personality change that the French woman has had, the logos and tags are important. The touch of Château Marmont is in the production of the songs and of Institubes (house of reputable artists such as Surkin and Para One) as a musical seal of approval, and enclosed stamp of the producing house Partizan, commissioned to make the video of her first single, “Les Collines” … “If they came for the neckline, stay for the brains.”

Speaking of Château Marmont, this is also the story of the musical gurus who now produce discs for muses that perhaps could not find the last missing piece. It is an attraction between singer and producer that resolves itself on a disc and repeats itself in music history (Serge Gainsburg and Elizabeth Adjani, David Sitek and Scarlett Johansson, Louis Bertignac and Carla Bruni).

The most interesting thing in this transformation is that Alizée has found another way of making herself desirable: Staying away. In the video of “Les Collines,” we only see her in medium shots or close ups and her facial expression doesn’t concede a smile or wink; her MySpace (at least until a few days ago) has no songs and her blog has posts that consist of barely two lines. So those who used to undress her with their eyes now also have to play “Where in the world is Alizée?”

The idea of her renewal is worrying to those who know her through the iPod of another person; nevertheless, it will be a test of loyalty for the admirers who have built her up as a sensual myth.

During a round of interviews in promotion of this new album, taken place in Paris, Alizée gave an interesting answer by having admitted that her success in Mexico is simply a stroke of luck, so now is the time to demonstrate that she deserves this success.

Alizée

Une Enfant Du Siècle

Institubes / Sony Music, 2010

An album for those of us who we were not Alizée fans. Layers of sound, tones and a woman who is no longer an object of desire, but of inspiration. The singer says that this is a song collection with the spirit of the muses of Andy Warhol.

As were the muses of Sergio Andrade, the change suits her well enough; the fact alone that she departed from the cliché without returning to it produces a new interest to the ear. Although the result is much in the area of comfort of what the French can do with a woman in a recording studio and her voice has the sound of a message in the answering machine, Alizée, like many important women of pop, demonstrates her maturity in her choice of collaborators. The sound of “Les Collines” “Limelight” y “Grand Central” can find her a place on the “Guilty Pleasures” playlist of a DJ set.

If the remix of “Fifty sixty” worried them about her going in another direction, the support of a few remixes, Une Enfant … it might be placed well in the taste of the fans, new and old.

btw it's still not exactly perfect, but I would still turn it in if it was a school thing. A solid A- I'd say :D
B+ if you're picky

Merci Alizée
10-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Mexican Press - Divas del Rock (October 2010)

1 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKSnyzdL3I/AAAAAAAADdY/yN0f_tYoBGQ/s1600/s2wx.jpg) . 2 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKSqcUfRwI/AAAAAAAADdc/XIf30Ki7PtI/s1600/l0ac.jpg) . 3 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKb9FgHi_I/AAAAAAAADdg/T6n285sAiys/s1600/img003-1.jpg)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs912.snc4/72571_448848984238_67927974238_5147712_86785_n.jpg

wasabi622
10-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Mexican Press - Divas del Rock (October 2010)

1 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKSnyzdL3I/AAAAAAAADdY/yN0f_tYoBGQ/s1600/s2wx.jpg) . 2 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKSqcUfRwI/AAAAAAAADdc/XIf30Ki7PtI/s1600/l0ac.jpg) . 3 (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_z0gFsCEUtz4/TMKb9FgHi_I/AAAAAAAADdg/T6n285sAiys/s1600/img003-1.jpg)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs912.snc4/72571_448848984238_67927974238_5147712_86785_n.jpg

Coolio, thanks man!

It was a nice little wrap of of her career. Glad to see Mexico is still waiting on her! :D