PDA

View Full Version : [2010-03-19] Les Collines Music Video

Jenny_HRO87
03-18-2010, 02:36 PM
I guess this is not the 100 % right section but I'm not sure where to post this... AAm is a bit confusing in this case...

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5699/tumblrkzhp9ln4yx1qb74wi.th.png (http://img651.imageshack.us/i/tumblrkzhp9ln4yx1qb74wi.png/)

Le clip des Collines arrive demain… A. http://tumblr.com/xn87k3h8s

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/760962.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/849202.gif http://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/760962.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/849202.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/760962.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/849202.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/760962.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/849202.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/760962.gifhttp://psychalizee.forum-actif.net/users/1912/12/02/81/smiles/849202.gif

User22
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
This is what I have been waiting for for forever:D:D:D

This video is going to be so aus!

And I get to sip chocomilk while watching it!!!

Jenny_HRO87
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
release: 6 p.m. (Paris time) on her youtube channel!

source: official newsletter

AlphaDevil2
03-18-2010, 03:15 PM
According to an email from "Alizée"

The video is to be on her official youtube channel at 18:00h tomorrow :)

lol jinx HRO87

Merci Alizée
03-18-2010, 03:26 PM
just read the mail, great news and I'll be waiting for it. very nice pic too.

Nafas
03-18-2010, 04:30 PM
Picture is shure nice, however once again I think it might be a refrence to mindcontrol just as in MJ...

lefty12357
03-18-2010, 04:37 PM
I hope when I click on the new video on YouTube, it doesn't say, " Not available in your Country".

user472884
03-18-2010, 05:06 PM
I hope when I click on the new video on YouTube, it doesn't say, " Not available in your Country".

It's really just youtube sugar-coating "This video is too awesome to view on your computer, please upgrade to 88gb of RAM"

User22
03-18-2010, 10:34 PM
06:00:00 p.m. Friday March 19, 2010 in Europe/Paris
_________________converts to_________________
01:00:00 p.m. Friday March 19, 2010 in US/Eastern

sumi1
03-19-2010, 12:33 AM
Interesting picture that one...she looks sweet (huh, when she doesn't):wub:

Looking forward to the video...

Ruroshen
03-19-2010, 01:46 AM
According to an email from "Alizée"

The video is to be on her official youtube channel at 18:00h tomorrow :)

lol jinx HRO87

Heh. Does anybody else still do a double-take when they see they've gotten email from Alizée? It always takes half a second for my brain to catch up and remember it's just from the fan club... :p

Merci Alizée
03-19-2010, 02:01 AM
Heh. Does anybody else still do a double-take when they see they've gotten email from Alizée? It always takes half a second for my brain to catch up and remember it's just from the fan club... :p

The sender's address is alizee@news-sonymusic.com.

Alex
03-19-2010, 05:21 AM
Apparently there is now (in my opinion) a leak of the music video of Les Collines. I found this out through a well known forum in which a member posted a link, clicked on it and thinking it was an article or preview but I was surprised it was the actual music video. Anyone knows about this also?

EDIT: AAAAHHHH this is driving me crazy!! I want to share it, yet I dunno if it's a leak or if Alizee gave permission to this site to upload it. Trying to find answers at the moment from the originaal source.

Ruroshen
03-19-2010, 05:54 AM
Apparently there is now (in my opinion) a leak of the music video of Les Collines. I found this out through a well known forum in which a member posted a link, clicked on it and thinking it was an article or preview but I was surprised it was the actual music video. Anyone knows about this also?

EDIT: AAAAHHHH this is driving me crazy!! I want to share it, yet I dunno if it's a leak or if Alizee gave permission to this site to upload it. Trying to find answers at the moment from the originaal source.

The link was originally tweeted by Julien himself, and then picked up by both Lillytown and Psychealizee, so who knows? It seems really odd to me that Alizée would authorize a link to another site after so much effort was put into announcing yesterday that it would be available on her official YouTube at a certain time...

Alex
03-19-2010, 06:07 AM
The link was originally tweeted by Julien himself, and then picked up by both Lillytown and Psychealizee, so who knows? It seems really odd to me that Alizée would authorize a link to another site after so much effort was put into announcing yesterday that it would be available on her official YouTube at a certain time...

Hmm I agree it is really odd thinking that Alizee would "allow" a random site to present it. If this was allowed by her I wonder why this site and why not a well known popular French site :confused:

Anyways one thing is for sure...in just a few more hours when everybody gets to see it(if they haven't yet) ALOT will be discussed and commented from the video. I'll just say.....enjoy the HQ :wub:

Toc De Mac
03-19-2010, 06:16 AM
Why aren't we discussing this?! :eek: :D

http://www.ramdam.com/video/alizee-16211/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ramdam+%28RamDam.com%29&utm_content=Twitter

Alex
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Why aren't we discussing this?! :eek: :D

http://www.ramdam.com/video/alizee-16211/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ramdam+%28RamDam.com%29&utm_content=Twitter

lol We were ^ it's just that we were discussing about being an Official release or not, that is why I hadn't post it. BUt now that you posted it.....LET THE DISCUSSIONS BEGIN! :)

-Love the High Quality/the close ups, the various lights,tones, and effects used in the video. I also liked the different lights reflected in her face(chorus part), I love it when she starts spinning around at 2:49, and to finish it off....that last take where she turns her eyes towards the camera and totally captivates you:wub:. Absolutely love the video; not bad for one day of filming:cool::)

Nafas
03-19-2010, 07:20 AM
Annnnddd its gone, lucky i got to see it twice... man Alizée is 100% breathtaking!! :O she is so freakin gorgeous!

Tupuz
03-19-2010, 07:21 AM
And anyway, the official version is online also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51lw89JnaZ0

I like it a lot, the video is very good especially if you take into account that is has been produced in a very short time. J'adore!!!

Alex
03-19-2010, 07:30 AM
Indeed TUPUZ the Official Les Collines-Alizee Music Video has been released Her Grace :P:

ALIZEE OFFICIEL
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLJ1EFr_gXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLJ1EFr_gXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Merci Alizée
03-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Oh, I'm not getting any idea of what's going on. First the video is shared by sites and the talk about leak starts. Ruroshen is really firing on those sites and now Jo has shared the video too. Someone please make things clear.

Alex
03-19-2010, 07:38 AM
Oh, I'm not getting any idea of what's going on. First the video is shared by sites and the talk about leak starts. Ruroshen is really firing on those sites and now Jo has shared the video too. Someone please make things clear.

It doesn't matter anymore Merci, she has Officially released in in her YouTube Channel:). And if Papa Jo shared the first link...it's all good:cool:

Van
03-19-2010, 07:46 AM
Video was awesome!

Människöpesten
03-19-2010, 08:23 AM
video is leet. fact.

User22
03-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Wow this video is WAY more amazing than I expected!!! I love the fedora!!! So dark yet so hot:D:wub:

kristofer
03-19-2010, 08:46 AM
She... looks Asian in the beginning. She's trying hard to play her rôle, eh? XD

The video is so bizarre yet exactly what I expected considering the era she's mimicking. I wouldn't necessarily want to watch it over and over again, but it's interesting in the fact that it's so different.

brad
03-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Wow this video is WAY more amazing than I expected!!!

No kidding, video was awesome!

Bigdan
03-19-2010, 10:18 AM
ok... let' ruin the mood a little bit here...

this title is cold. The video is cold too and Alizee is still in it.

Come on !... Alizee is hot !! Alizee is synonymous of move, dance, liveliness, energy !

why does she play the freeze Cleopatra ???

i don't get it...:(

Deepwaters
03-19-2010, 10:37 AM
And here I was thinking I'd have to wait until this evening to see this video because it would be released while I was at work. Merci mon enchanteresse (et papa Jo aussi).

To address Dan's befuddlement: the video is telling a story, although exactly what story is hard to tell. There are scenes of someone performing in a glamorous role, all made up, and ones of the same woman leaving town all bundled up, escaping to the hills. In one scene she embraces a man, but is the man really there, or just a memory? Is she leaving the glamorous role and the big city, is that what she never wants to leave, or is it the mysterious guy?

A lot of dancing wouldn't be appropriate for this video; remember, this is telling a story, like a novel (as she's said in a couple of interviews); it's different in that way from her performances of the past. She does, however, throw in a bit of pirrouette along the way.

I thought it was very appropriate for the song.

MYGOGT
03-19-2010, 12:47 PM
P e r f e c t !

sumi1
03-19-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I agree with Deepwaters. The video is awesome and perfectly suits the song. This is a concept album and the songs, videos, photoshoots all are based on that. So, please don't expect unnecessary dancing here :)

Tiwaz
03-19-2010, 12:55 PM
The monotonous chorus makes more "sense" now with the video and all, great poker face :P
Hot or cold, she's bloody gorgeous either way

Criss_pl
03-19-2010, 01:00 PM
When I opened up my browser with facebook and saw New clip tomorrow I was excited, but, when I opened inbox and saw that it's already available I just loved it:)

I agree with Deep. This whole album from the beginning to the very end is a story. The same with Les Collines, it's why the video looks exactly as it should look to complete the melody and lyrics, no dancing, only subtle Alizée's face takes. Escape, hat, hill, microphone, gold color, then blinking colors cause that the video tells the story.

I like the video, especially its end, when you get 3 Lilly's faces in one:)

Fall
03-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow thank God I'm in my computer graphics class!!!!! Perfect timing! I got to see it without having to go home first! :D I love this video so much! I can't even express myself right now lol I'll get back to you. Lilly looks so awesome in this video, she's incredible :wub:

alizeeindia
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't like it, very disappointing video. It looks so low grade. I used to think she didn't work hard in Fifty Sixty video. Compared to this one, Fifty Sixty was far better. I have just one question, Can a video of this quality promote the album??

I like Alizee's looks in it but the video could have been more imaginative, creative, they haven't worked at all.

johnsons34
03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I just saw the new video and I think alizee looks so chic!!

I love this 60s, 70s style.. make-up, the hair, the clothes! she looks amazing!

lefty12357
03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
I think the video is really good. As Deep pointed out, it's telling part of a story. I think Alizée is being more thoughtful in this new endeavor. In the MJ video, Alizée said it was just a bunch of girls having fun. In the Fifty Sixty video, it looked like a bunch of girls just having fun. Those videos might have been more polished and produced with a larger budget, but they didn't tell the story of their respective songs as well as this one does.

We have to keep in mind also that Alizée may be funding these videos herself. I wasn't expecting an expensive spectacle. I prefer the thoughtfulness.

If I was rich, I'd send her the money to do a clip on every UEDS song. I think a DVD of all the clips and songs in the same order as they appear on the album would be an incredible thing to have. The story of "Une Enfant du Siècle" completely told in music and video, starring Alizée! I know I'd buy one...

pepelepew
03-19-2010, 01:37 PM
Again as Deep already so eloquently stated, the video represents the theme of a 60's model and is purposely dated for that purpose. In a normal video whatever that is I as an Alizee fan would prefer HQ shots without all the makeup, but that said I think this video is perfect for the theme of the song and her beauty is incredible. It is hard to get my head around Alizee playing a role as a cold emotionless person though, but she pulled it off perfectly. She said in a recent interview she is enjoying being able to sing without a smile on her face.

Junkmale
03-19-2010, 02:49 PM
I quite like it.
She does look stunning (but just a little bit too much make up).
The song is 'growing' on me a little, allthough i still prefer Limelight. The more i hear it the more it sounds like something Kylie might do? If it does the same for Alizee as 'Can't get you out of my head' did for Kylie then it cheers all round.

I also a bit surprised that some of the 'tree huggers' haven't mentioned the fur coat yet? Is it real?

ALS
03-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I can't believe no has said it yet.

OH MY GOD

She looks awesome in this video.

I don't care if you disagree but she is getting prettier as she is getting older. :wub:

Back to the subject at hand.

I like the video because it is edgy as they say.

It is unique and not like anything anyone I can remember has done.

Deepwaters
03-19-2010, 02:54 PM
I don't care if you disagree but she is getting prettier as she is getting older. :wub:

I certainly do NOT disagree with that. She's now old enough I could make a pass at her without feeling like a cradle-robber. :D

Ahem. Be that as it may . . .

I noticed another little nuance. The scene with the mysterious dude in it coincided with the line about the wounded swan. I'm thinking, with this as a clue, that the shy big cat/wounded swan from the song is this person, someone she's healing or taking care of. Does that make sense?

Sitting by the bay
03-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Some cat on some other forum had this to say about the video. Makes sense, I guess:

"The clip tells a story, the story of Edie leaving New York to escape to Los Angeles. So it also shows us Edie saying farewell to the people she knew... I think this is a good explanation of those scenes. Moreover, I'm convinced that we will also get a longer version of the clip, some kind of a "mini-film". And maybe some mini-films for the other songs too, so that a real short-movie will be created. This are Alizée intentions, she told it in an interview!"

Ange
03-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Well I think it's bvetter than her last album.

Fenris
03-19-2010, 03:16 PM
I think the video is really good. As Deep pointed out, it's telling part of a story. I think Alizée is being more thoughtful in this new endeavor. In the MJ video, Alizée said it was just a bunch of girls having fun. In the Fifty Sixty video, it looked like a bunch of girls just having fun. Those videos might have been more polished and produced with a larger budget, but they didn't tell the story of their respective songs as well as this one does.

We have to keep in mind also that Alizée may be funding these videos herself. I wasn't expecting an expensive spectacle. I prefer the thoughtfulness.

If I was rich, I'd send her the money to do a clip on every UEDS song. I think a DVD of all the clips and songs in the same order as they appear on the album would be an incredible thing to have. The story of "Une Enfant du Siècle" completely told in music and video, starring Alizée! I know I'd buy one...

Some cat on some other forum had this to say about the video. Makes sense, I guess:

"The clip tells a story, the story of Edie leaving New York to escape to Los Angeles. So it also shows us Edie saying farewell to the people she knew... I think this is a good explanation of those scenes. Moreover, I'm convinced that we will also get a longer version of the clip, some kind of a "mini-film". And maybe some mini-films for the other songs too, so that a real short-movie will be created. This are Alizée intentions, she told it in an interview!"

Lefty, you might get exactly what you wish for, as Sbtb remarked she said as much in this interview: ;)
http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1384/500184page2.th.png (http://img208.imageshack.us/i/500184page2.png/)

Roman
03-19-2010, 03:20 PM
ok... let' ruin the mood a little bit here...

this title is cold. The video is cold too and Alizee is still in it.

Come on !... Alizee is hot !! Alizee is synonymous of move, dance, liveliness, energy !

why does she play the freeze Cleopatra ???

i don't get it...:(
Well, Alizée has not really been that for a long time.

Still, I don't agree with Alizée india. I think this video went very well with the song. Maybe you don't like either. I've come to like it a bit more. When one says this video is "cool", I think that does include not just the sense of impressive, but of coldness as Bigdan says. Cleopatra. Yes, that is apt. She's not quite so distant in this video though. I would not call it cold and emotionless. Look at some of her little movements and you will see the feeling that is put in there. But, compared to the feeling one got from the pretty adolescent charming the world, yes.

I think the transitions and the imagery were very good for this song. That look at the end was perfect, totally necessary and fortunately they didn't miss the opportunity. I do get more the impression of looking at Edie than Alizée, but of course, that's what they are going for. The thing is, I have sort of gotten the feeling that Edie was not so much like that either, but rather it was more the style of the time. So, Alizée and her group are paying hommage to the time. It was long before her time and even my time, except in so much as the music emulates the 80s, well she was just coming into the world. So, I wish Alizée had been able to come up with something new rather than a throw-back, but they had to pick something and I guess a few years back this was in vogue. Factory Girl was made in what, 2006? And so was Fifty-Sixty or shortly thereafter.

Alizée does come off the epitome of the word chic in this, though I guess that actually applies to what is in fashion at a particular time.

The song and the video with it play with images moving around, unclear. That is part of the intended mood. It was shot in a day and finished in only a week or so, right? So, yeah, it's not particularly complicated. It does look like they spent some time figuring out how they wanted her to appear, like with the MJ video, rather than like her first photo shoot in 2007 and maybe even the 50/60 video - just grabbing some clothes off the shelf. But even that is a bit of a deception. They were talking about trying to find dogs for the 50/60 video long before that thing came about and I suppose it's never really all that simple.

As lefty said, this is not like "modern" music videos from well funded individuals. You can only expect just so much. But, I didn't even think like that when I watched the video. I thought it fit very well, the timing was good, and I like how they focused on Alizée (even if she has all the over the top eye make-up, etc.) And while she is playing a role, maybe that is just what Alizée likes. Look, she has tattoos, listens to some strange music, chooses to wear super high heels and dark eye make-up. That is how she has appeared for the last few years. For whatever reason, that's the path her personality has taken. I prefer the more girly appearances myself, but I guess that's just what I like and it felt more connected to the "original" Alizée that I became a fan of. But, I have put that aside for my evaluation of this video and I think I like it.

If I compare it to the production of the Rubato 50/60 video, I think this one looks a lot more professional. I like this one better, though the other does have certain interesting elements of movement.

I agree that adding some element of dance (maybe more so for other songs) would really add a lot. Even just that little twirl she did near the end (along with that great and intriguing black dress she had with the chains) added something to the piece. But, I don't expect it. She hasn't really shown an interest in dance for 6 years, even if she still talks about it. It's part of her history, but who is Alizée now? That's more relevant to what you will see or not from her.

I think Alizée achieved a certain level of intrigue with this video. That's worth focusing on.

@Deep I'm thinking, with this as a clue, that the shy big cat/wounded swan from the song is this person, someone she's healing or taking care of. Does that make sense? That is interesting. That guy does seem almost out of place. I'm sort of blank when it comes to figuring out his place. Though, these are people, there's always a man and a woman in any story.
@sitting It's too bad they already did "Factory Girl" a few years back. How awesome an intro to acting would it be if that movie staring Alizée came out along with this album? :p Just a crazy thought of course. That would be some serious acting--a real skill that one does not just walk into out of essentially nowhere. :)

Bigdan
03-19-2010, 03:30 PM
I thought it was very appropriate for the song.

Well, I don"t say is not appropriate to the song... I say the song is not appropriate to her...:o But that 'just the way I feel...

Future Raptor Ace
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
I think you can see Jeremy in the video, Alizee is hugging him; im pretty sure thats Jeremy.

Deepwaters
03-19-2010, 03:39 PM
I think you can see Jeremy in the video, Alizee is hugging him; im pretty sure thats Jeremy.

No, for three reasons:

1) He's too tall,
2) The story isn't about Alizée and therefore not about Jérémy either, and
3) She will never feature Jérémy in any performance, preferring to keep private and public life totally separate.

The hair and the nose looked somewhat similar, I agree, but no.

Fenris
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
It's not Jérémy, being a low budget production i think this is just someone from the film crew who jumped in or something like that.

Sure, this is a big break from the smiling teenage girl, but GOD is this woman beautiful!
Call her an icy cleopatra if you want, but this is the most sexy Alizée i ever saw.

user472884
03-19-2010, 05:32 PM
I like, and dislike this video.

Just a couple of things that you may disagree with me on; the makeup, the "what'sthatmean" shots, etc... just not digging it.

However, from a purely visual aspect, this video is FANTASTIC! I especially love the light show during the 'never wanna leave you's (especially the first one around 0:53.. omg). Her eyes look tantalizingly amazing, she looks stunning in every scene...

Either Her Grace and Beauty is a great actress, or I just wanna think that. I totally don't agree with those who say the video is cold. Watch the scene where she sings into the mic, and watch Her eyes... watch them while knowing what the theme of the song and album is....

Jenny_HRO87
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
my two cents...

I really have to admit it won't become my favourite clip... it's nice and I like it yes but I expected a bit more...

Yes. She is incredible stunning here... she has so much class and it fits very well with the topic of the song...

my favourite part is from 0:20 to 0:53 e. g. when she runs throught the corridor ... I would have prefered more of this later in the video too...

I like her style and it's totally fascinating that she's "starring" at you in a big part of the video...

But I still want more action, more movement... I don't know... it happens so less in the video...I miss the "click" in my head. The moment I realize that this is a totally awesome video.

ARGH I'm going nuts that I don't like the clip so much as I want to like it...

I can't like everything...

And finally Les Collines will stay my favourite Alizée song...

P. S. and it isn't Jérémy... Jérémy looks different and has less hair :p

user472884
03-19-2010, 05:43 PM
I also a bit surprised that some of the 'tree huggers' haven't mentioned the fur coat yet? Is it real?

100% genuine human hair.

What? You didn't hear? A while back the Cult scalped several people (pink fans, that chick that screamed "sale pute", those photographers at that restaurant, etc) and sent a nice coat to her not too long after the "Open Letter".

MYGOGT
03-19-2010, 05:52 PM
When I first heard of the new album I was unsure what I might think as I have just discovered this young lady and am rather enjoying the CD's and En Concert DVD. But I just love this video. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I do not have the younger Alizee so engraved into my brain yet(even though she is a part of my everyday life now). Also I am not one to analyze everything I see or hear. I either enjoy it or I don't, plain and simple. I can hardly wait to receive the new album, but I will not try to find it early! Great things are worth waiting for.
And this would be MY Girl Of Great Things.
Enjoy.

Deepwaters
03-19-2010, 05:53 PM
P. S. and it isn't Jérémy... Jérémy looks different and has less hair :p

Is he still shaving his head? I haven't seen a recent picture of him and thought he might have grown it back.

Or is he going bald? (It sometimes does happen to guys starting about his age. :blink:)

About the coat: One must be period-true. The coat itself may be fake, and if it's real fur, I'm sure it's old and no animals have been killed recently to make it.

JimmyDean23
03-19-2010, 06:48 PM
Ok, I just saw the video and I really dont know what to think. I'll admit that I havent been the most faithful Alizée fan lately, but I am still a fan. I didn't really have high expectations for this video but I was pleasantly surprized. This video is definitely unique, I dont exactly like it but I get it. I finally see the Edie Sedgwick connection. Its a cool concept but the style is... I dont know. Just not my style. However, it was great to see Lilly again. I've been so consumed with you know who lately and I had forgotten how beautiful she is. If only she hadn't worn so much makeup, but I guess it kind of goes with the theme.

PS. I still hate this song.

Jenny_HRO87
03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
over 62,000 views in ca. 12 hours... :D

Ben
03-19-2010, 07:27 PM
Well it's a treat for lip lovers, ain't it? ;) Is this going to be shown on TV? I don't really see it fitting in with the typical video rotation, but would like to have it in higher quality for our website. I don't understand why she doesn't upload to youtube in HD (I assume that's how it was shot).

lefty12357
03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I was wondering about that myself, Ben. It almost looks like it was intended for mainly being released on the internet. I wonder if it will be shown on TV?

Srbski-kralj
03-19-2010, 07:38 PM
I don't like it, very disappointing video. It looks so low grade. I used to think she didn't work hard in Fifty Sixty video. Compared to this one, Fifty Sixty was far better. I have just one question, Can a video of this quality promote the album??

I like Alizee's looks in it but the video could have been more imaginative, creative, they haven't worked at all.

i have to agree with you. To me it feels like she was a robot just singing and standing still. I like the song somewhat but idk to early to tell.

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
03-19-2010, 07:48 PM
So far I think the music video is awesome!!!!! I love the whole classy Audrey Hepburn look Alizée has in it!!! being a former independent filmmaker in the past I was able to really appreciate the amount of time that was put in the editing process. Overall I think the Les Collines music video thus far is very MESMERIZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLJ1EFr_gXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CLJ1EFr_gXQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Toc De Mac
03-19-2010, 08:00 PM
This clip is so rich in tones.

One of my favorite parts is when she is ascending the hill. :o

user472884
03-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Well it's a treat for lip lovers, ain't it? ;) Is this going to be shown on TV? I don't really see it fitting in with the typical video rotation, but would like to have it in higher quality for our website. I don't understand why she doesn't upload to youtube in HD (I assume that's how it was shot).

We've yet to see an HD photo, let alone a video. It seems to be how they're releasing their visual media... 60's... film... I dunno

woohoo
03-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow i just watched the video and i am stunned. The video is so good. I cant express how good i feel to see Alizée singing again. She looks so good i like how the video focused on her face. Her eyes and lips are just amazing.

Edit. The only thing that is wierd to me is why they used the part at the end of her spining around, it doesnt really fit.

User22
03-19-2010, 09:51 PM
Wow i just watched the video and i am stunned. The video is so good. I cant express how good i feel to see Alizée singing again. She looks so good i like how the video focused on her face. Her eyes and lips are just amazing.

I love to see her singing again too:wub:. Has anyone noticed how perfectly shaped and amazing her eyes are? You don't get her sort of eyes over here in the U.S. cause all the guys are focusing in on somewhere else. I have never seen such perfect eyes, even on supermodels!

http://i42.tinypic.com/9lcsbc.jpg
SIMPLY AMAZING:wub:
I love this video to death...her eyes, lips, hair....

paintballpdh19
03-19-2010, 10:05 PM
pure awesome... love the new vid :wub:

woohoo
03-19-2010, 10:08 PM
I love to see her singing again too:wub:. Has anyone noticed how perfectly shaped and amazing her eyes are? You don't get her sort of eyes over here in the U.S. cause all the guys are focusing in on somewhere else. I have never seen such perfect eyes, even on supermodels!

http://i42.tinypic.com/9lcsbc.jpg
SIMPLY AMAZING:wub:
I love this video to death...her eyes, lips, hair....

I remember that she did the dark eye shadow or whatever its called in the Fifty Sixty David Rubato remix and i absolutly hated it back then but for this video it fit so well. I loved it. Fifty Sixty had to of a upbeat theme to be slowed down and turned kind of( i think ) emo.

User22
03-20-2010, 12:26 AM
I remember that she did the dark eye shadow or whatever its called in the Fifty Sixty David Rubato remix and i absolutly hated it back then but for this video it fit so well. I loved it. Fifty Sixty had to of a upbeat theme to be slowed down and turned kind of( i think ) emo.

Yah I think it looked more like eyeliner since there wasn't so much around the eyes as much as this vid. I love the eye makeup in this one though...i sound like a girl now...:rolleyes:

Giancarlo
03-20-2010, 12:53 AM
Amazing video! :D

LiL T
03-20-2010, 01:08 AM

She don't or who ever uploads does not know how to man, I noticed when I caught the first Les Collines preview clip before it was meant to be viewable, she forgot to set it to private before renaming the original file. The file extension was WMV a file with leaves me thinking it was encoded in windows movie maker. Any youtube savvy person knows you have to do it right to get that HD, it must be 1280 x 720 and with a video bitrate over 1500 for HD on youtube. WMV files are not really that great either, AVI or MKV are better, well if you look at the first Les Collines preview you will see the picture disappears half way through and is cropped.

So its just bad editing and lack of knowledge of youtube and HD video imo, remember she had not used her youtube channel in ages and a lot has changed since.

Ruroshen
03-20-2010, 01:13 AM
I like, and dislike this video.

Just a couple of things that you may disagree with me on; the makeup, the "what'sthatmean" shots, etc... just not digging it.

However, from a purely visual aspect, this video is FANTASTIC! I especially love the light show during the 'never wanna leave you's (especially the first one around 0:53.. omg). Her eyes look tantalizingly amazing, she looks stunning in every scene...

This sums up my own feelings pretty well, actually. On a technical level, I think it's absolutely gorgeous and well put-together, probably the best clip she's released since Moi...Lolita. But I agree with Jalen that the makeup and the overall...I dunno, the overall feel of the video really aren't doing it for me. At the risk of getting flamed, it strikes me as a little bit...well, pretentious. Maybe that's part and parcel of what she's trying to do with this album, though. I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. :p

Anyway, it's good to see it blowing up on YouTube either way. Over 102K views so far! :D

Roman
03-20-2010, 05:02 AM
This sums up my own feelings pretty well, actually. On a technical level, I think it's absolutely gorgeous and well put-together, probably the best clip she's released since Moi...Lolita. But I agree with Jalen that the makeup and the overall...I dunno, the overall feel of the video really aren't doing it for me. At the risk of getting flamed, it strikes me as a little bit...well, pretentious. Maybe that's part and parcel of what she's trying to do with this album, though. I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. :p

Anyway, it's good to see it blowing up on YouTube either way. Over 102K views so far! :DI think I do like this video, but yeah, I felt like that about Limelight which I've decided just has bad lyrics that don't really make sense, but act like they do. Other than that, it doesn't really bother me here because indeed, it is the tone of the piece. It is part and parcel as you say. After 10 years, I don't really think that's a problem for Alizée. I think it's maybe more of what some people expected from her before, though I do agree that a few years ago, I never thought of Alizée like that and it was part of her charm that she was very appealing without going there and it seemed like she'd never have to.

And without going into a lot of detail, I think Alizée's voice used to be better, the way she used it anyway. I think her voice is on a borderline where some of what makes me not like it as much when she doesn't have the right tone or just control is the same thing that gives it a certain unique quality that I have always really liked. So, maybe she has a natural inclination to let it slide or something like that. Maybe it's more about picking the right singing style. Oh well. It is what it is now.

Though, as it goes, if one likes the music, I think she is doing a really good job pulling off this style. And, it is a very catchy song. I do find myself wanting to listen to it more than I thought I would. Maybe it takes some getting used to/getting into the style of the piece. Then one can let go and just go with it.

Toc De Mac
03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
This is HUGE! :eek:

Under Most Viewed:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4883/71193166.th.png (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/71193166.png/)

sumi1
03-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Over 140K views till now...that is amazing:):):)

Does anyone know if the video is being shown on French TV channels or not? How is the video being received in France?

FanDeAliFee
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it. Those who made it should be proud.

It is very artistic. The "projections" (cf. <i>I Drove All Night</i> by Cyndi Lauper) and multiple collaged transparent exposures are very well done. I would not call it dark in the sense of morbid; I'd say it was introspective. It fits very well with the general spirit of the music and lyrics. The Corsican girl looks BEAUTIFUL. (Sorry, Ruro, the forehead HAD to go to perfect the image, especially a mature one.) Her elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. This video is an excellent example of how one can avoid the expense of an elaborate location shoot and yet still produce something interesting and beautiful at which to look.

There are almost no body shots or dance moves; how curious for our lovely self-described Terpsichore! In this video, Alizée has crafted an interesting new image for herself which is very becoming. She wants to look very adult and appeal to adults. It makes a wonderful "audition tape" for her hinted ambition to be a luxury goods model. Good luck my little once-sneaker-clad ex-teeny-bopper!

User22
03-20-2010, 11:27 AM
This music video much exceeded my modest expectations for it. Those who made it should be proud.

It is very artistic. The "projections" (cf. <i>I Drove All Night</i> by Cyndi Lauper) and multiple collaged transparent exposures are very well done. I would not call it dark in the sense of morbid; I'd say it was introspective. It fits very well with the general spirit of the music and lyrics. The Corsican girl looks BEAUTIFUL. (Sorry, Ruro, the forehead HAD to go to perfect the image, especially a mature one.) Her elegance is very 1960s and reminds me of Audrey Hepburn. This video is an excellent example of how one can avoid the expense of an elaborate location shoot and yet still produce something interesting and beautiful at which to look.

There are almost no body shots or dance moves; how curious for our lovely self-described Terpsichore! In this video, Alizée has crafted an interesting new image for herself which is very becoming. She wants to look very adult and appeal to adults. It makes a wonderful "audition tape" for her hinted ambition to be a luxury goods model. Good luck my little once-sneaker-clad ex-teeny-bopper!

PSSH!! appealing to adults mostly? Man she definitely appeals to me! but yah I love her bangs swished to the side in some of the shots like this one:
http://i40.tinypic.com/5wfd5j.jpg
So amazing:wub::wub::wub:

JimmyDean23
03-20-2010, 11:36 AM
This is HUGE! :eek:

Under Most Viewed:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/4883/71193166.th.png (http://img714.imageshack.us/i/71193166.png/)

Hmmm, did anyone else notice the video just to the right of Les Collines? :D Im just saying...

User22
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
Wow, she still holds the mic the same with the head tilted back when singing:wub::wub::wub:

http://i42.tinypic.com/24bs1p3.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/x4ojyd.jpg
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

lefty12357
03-20-2010, 11:52 AM
I prefer the more natural and less "made up" images of Alizée, when they are about Alizée, (if that makes sense). But of course here the image is not of Alizée, but of a character she is playing. I have to say, she is absolutely stunningly beautiful in this video.

I've been trying to get a local (and very popular) non-commercial radio station to add her to their playlist. My dilemma in the past has been that her old image, though loved greatly by all, would not allow her to be taken seriously by a radio station such as this. Even some of the images from Psych were a bit childlike. Alizée is now consolidating her image into one of a serious, adult artist that can cross over to multiple genres.

I think that she is now in a favorable position to move into markets that would have been more difficult in the past. Of course it's up to her and her team to decide where she will go with this, but I think the door is open a bit wider for her now. I think this video and this album are a step in the right direction and have given her more options.

sumi1
03-20-2010, 12:34 PM
Yes, I agree with you Lefty. Though we all like and miss the Alizee of past, the fact is she has matured over the time. And I feel the change is for better.

User22
03-20-2010, 01:44 PM
And I feel the change is for better.

It's been a while since I have seen someone say that. And I totally agree, and if she stayed in the whole Gourmandises and Mes Courants Electriques-type music, then she would have died off a while ago...I can see that I will love the UEDS era:D

lefty12357
03-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Love this ! :D

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/th_yt-top-music.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/?action=view&current=yt-top-music.jpg)

JimmyDean23
03-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Once again, look who's right behind her!

Rev
03-20-2010, 03:31 PM

Alizée - Well Done! :) :) :) :)

Junkmale
03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Strangely enough i watched a very poor copy of The Runaways movie last night and the heavy dark eye make up is very very early Joan Jett?
Great movie BTW.

paintballpdh19
03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Love this ! :D

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/th_yt-top-music.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/?action=view&current=yt-top-music.jpg)

thats great!!

MYGOGT
03-20-2010, 05:09 PM
In the last seconds when she moves her eyes it is as if she is looking deep into my soul.
My favorite part.

lefty12357
03-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Alizée's is the most viewed YT musician's channel today...not just in France, but globally ! :)

paintballpdh19
03-20-2010, 05:19 PM
Alizée's is the most viewed YT musician's channel today...not just in France, but globally ! :)

thats freakin awsome!

User22
03-20-2010, 05:41 PM
In the last seconds when she moves her eyes it is as if she is looking deep into my soul.
My favorite part.

Same with me, they definitely made her tantalizing by looking away from you and finally you are satisfied by her looking straight at you...so amazing:wub::wub::wub:

And most viewed musician's channel today???I didn't know she was that well known!!!

paintballpdh19
03-20-2010, 05:43 PM
Same with me, they definitely made her tantalizing by looking away from you and finally you are satisfied by her looking straight at you...so amazing:wub::wub::wub:

And most viewed musician's channel today???I didn't know she was that well known!!!

pretty awesome huh?

User22
03-20-2010, 05:49 PM
pretty awesome huh?

def! o and don't worry, although i had this picture for a sig first, im gonna change mine to another one:D

djwise
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Hmmm, did anyone else notice the video just to the right of Les Collines? :D Im just saying...

That is why I love you, man! :D

In regards to the video: It was alright, just felt that something was lacking. I like the song well enough, but the video didn't really push anything over the edge. Of course, I'm not big into music videos anyways. Just not feeling it. To each their own, though.

User22
03-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Link for Les Collines Music Video:http://rapidshare.com/files/366123862/YouTube-_Aliz__e_-_Les_Collines__Never_leave_you___CLIP_OFFICIEL_.mp 4.html

I just used a youtube downloader for it...

and proof it's not a virus(Fall06 thinks it is haha)

http://i44.tinypic.com/347k6kw.jpg

tern
03-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Strange how your video has parentheses in the filename and the "non-virus" you uploaded has underscores. Hmmmmmm.... :D

Fall
03-21-2010, 01:54 AM
AVG and Trend Micro both say its safe... But somehow I'm not convinced :p

User22
03-21-2010, 01:58 AM
AVG and Trend Micro both say its safe... But somehow I'm not convinced :p

Guys just face it...it's a virus that will give you the infamous blue screen!!!
Your computer will blow up and set fire to your house...

Definitely joking...but yah dont worry its an Alizée video...

tern
03-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Maybe it's both? Who knows?

User22
03-21-2010, 02:05 AM

nah...its just the video...click http://rapidshare.com/files/366123862/YouTube-_Aliz__e_-_Les_Collines__Never_leave_you___CLIP_OFFICIEL_.mp 4.html and you will see:cool:

Scruffydog777
03-21-2010, 07:20 AM
The song and the video with it play with images moving around, unclear. That is part of the intended mood. It was shot in a day and finished in only a week or so, right? So, yeah, it's not particularly complicated. cool:

I've been working on my vacation plans and haven't had much of a chance to post an opinion til now although I'vee been giving it a lot of thought when I had a few spare moments.

First of all, I really like this video but think there was a lot of room for improvement.

A few people have commented that she is wearing too much make up. One of the things I loved about the early years was she wore so little make up. She has such natural beauty, she doesn't need any. She still has that kind of beauty. But here she is portraying a person who does wear a lot of make up, but even for this role, it does seem a little excessive. There is a part where she is out doors in the fur coat and she blinks and it made me wonder if it was the eye make up that made her blink.

I agree with HR087 that in the scene where she is wearing the black hat in the corridor, she looks stunning, would've like to seen more of that and there are other parts of the video where she looks awesome, such as in the black turtleneck.

The main problem I have with this video is the fact that it's supposed to be about Edie leaving New York city and her freinds. If that's what it is about, then they should have gone to New York city, maybe central park to film those scenes. If you're going to tell a story of a foreign character, and use a foreign language in parts of it in the process, then you should go to the trouble of going to where the story happened.

There's two other minor problems I have with the video. In the outdoor parts where Roman said ...images moving around, unclear........well I thought it was a little bit too unclear where she is hugging a friend. Their image is just too muddled, would've of like to seen a somewhat clearer image of her hugging him.

The other minor criticism is the short part where I guess they are showing a little part of her leg. It's obvious they didn't want to be trashy, too Mylene Farmer, as some people might say, by showing too much leg, but I thought they didn't go far enough, so you had some doubt as to whether it was a leg you were seeing or not.

I really enjoy the song Les Collines, I really enjoy this video, but as I said about the song, with a few more lines of lyrics, I think it would have had a lot more potential, so too with the video, a little bit of improvement, especially with the outside scenes and this would of had the potential of being a top notch video. As it stands, I think it will still do very well.

FanDeAliFee
03-21-2010, 09:35 AM
...Is this going to be shown on TV? I don't really see it fitting in with the typical video rotation, but would like to have it in higher quality for our website. I don't understand why she doesn't upload to youtube in HD (I assume that's how it was shot).

You can buy the high-def version on disk from the Institubes online store in May. (I just made that up!) By the way, in recent days, YouTube made it a BIT harder to rip their videos. I wonder what they will do when their new Indy filmmaker channel premiers. In the end you need to go to "strip"-searched patrons sequestered in a theater to maintain a reliable copyright regimen. That's why I think more entertainment will be going interactive and based on secure remote servers.

As for Alizée's makeup, THAT'S HOW WOMEN DOLLED THEMSELVES UP half a century ago. Really. This was BEFORE everyone became a hippie earth mother! I am especially surprised at the waning memories of my age peers in this regard. I also find it interesting that I was not the only one writing here reminded of Audrey Hepburn. Anyone up for a remake of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Holiday"><i>Roman Holiday</i></a>?

Of course, I share everyone's delight with the stupendous success the YouTube video is having. I said previously I thought it was excellent and I'm happy to see something getting the attention it merits.
<hr width="50%"><small>Courtesy Alizée India, interview of Alizée by <i>C.L'actu</i> magazine in 2003:</small>
Q. How do you see yourself at 25 years of age?
Alizée: I have difficulty projecting myself into the future and I am quite superstitious, so it's difficult for me to answer that. But I would like the adventure to continue and to keep the successes coming, as has been the case for three years now.

paintballpdh19
03-21-2010, 11:58 AM
The main problem I have with this video is the fact that it's supposed to be about Edie leaving New York city and her freinds. If that's what it is about, then they should have gone to New York city, maybe central park to film those scenes. If you're going to tell a story of a foreign character, and use a foreign language in parts of it in the process, then you should go to the trouble of going to where the story happened.

i agree! just because i live 2 hours away from New York though:p so i would be able to see her!:wub:

lefty12357
03-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I agree that shooting some of the scenes in NY would have been a really great thing to do and I truly wish they could have. I wouldn't doubt Alizée would have liked to do that too. Unfortunately, I would suspect it's really all about the amount of money they had available and budgeted for the video.

If Alizée was a top ten American pop star they would have spared little or no expense for the video. Or even like many of Mylene's videos. Unfortunately, I don't think Alizée has that kind of money behind her right now. If UEDS proves to be a big financial success, she might be able to do a lot more in the future.

paintballpdh19
03-21-2010, 12:46 PM
If UEDS proves to be a big financial success, she might be able to do a lot more in the future.

lets cross our fingers and hope.... it would be the best thing ever for her to come to the States!

Jess
03-21-2010, 01:03 PM
I guess I'll be the first to say that this song has a little Britney feel to it and I'm not too crazy about the video, or her excessive use of makeup here. Although I do understand the part she's playing in the video and I think she plays it well as always. I like Limelight more then this song, even though the lyrics may not be as meaningful. I like the rest of the music in her album though, and the more I listen to this song the more I like it. I think this gender of music suits her voice well, all the more dreamy... ♥

Quote: "I made a mask out of my face because I didn't realize I was quite beautiful. I practically destroyed it. I had to wear heavy black eyelashes like bat wings, and dark lines under my eyes, and cut all my hair off, my long dark hair. Cut it off and strip it silver and blonde. All those little manoeuvres I did out of things that were happening in my life that upset me"... Edie Sedgwick

Here's a couple of photos I dug up from Danny Fields' archive, he apparently shared a loft with Edie back in the days. Does she remind you of anyone... ??

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/JessLab_bucket/An20innocent20looking20Edie20by20Da.jpg

Edie Sedgwick at the age of 20 looking as fresh an innocent as Alizée ;-)

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/JessLab_bucket/EdiewCambridgeboyfriendBartleBullco.jpg

Edie at 21 with her boyfriend from Cambridge Massachusetts Bartle Bull.

Deepwaters
03-21-2010, 01:29 PM
The only resemblance really is that Sedgwick was a very pretty woman with big dark eyes. In character and personality she and Alizée are light years apart, which Alizée has said several times is one of the reasons she enjoyed playing this role.

djwise
03-21-2010, 01:47 PM

Tern! You posted! Love the sig, by the way.

Bigdan
03-21-2010, 05:33 PM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/503/alizcleo.jpg

maybe there are others sources of inspiration... ;)

user472884
03-21-2010, 05:50 PM

Left = Beautiful

Right = Spock in drag

Bigdan
03-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Left = Beautiful

Right = Spock in drag

you're harsh with Elisabeth Taylor...:rolleyes:

User22
03-21-2010, 06:38 PM
ugh...elisabeth poochunks

Deepwaters
03-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Elizabeth Taylor was totally wrong for the part of Cleopatra but she was hardly "Spock in drag."

Anyway, her makeup illustrates that that was indeed the fashion in the early 1960s. So Alizée is just playing the role properly.

Lucian_RO
03-21-2010, 08:05 PM

One of them may be this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngS8vBmrvUs) from Boy George & Sash! :D

user472884
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Elizabeth Taylor was totally wrong for the part of Cleopatra but she was hardly "Spock in drag."

Dis' is hows I sees it wif mah own eys, brudda

'speshlly sins ur cumparin' two diff'nt peeps that contras' so wel.

Jus call'n em' as I sees 'em

Edit:

-------
afterthoughts
-------

@Aaron:
- Thanks for the link man, the quality is great.

@Fall:
- It's all good man... or maybe not... I dunno, I'm on a mac so I'M NOT INFECTED! MUAHAHA

---
- Does anybody else go bonkers right around 1:14 (New York I'm...) when she does that very slight head-neck thing? AAAHHH

- Looks like somebody has forgotten all their dancing classes

- During the microphone parts, (to the older AAm users, like me :) ) do Her eyes remind you slightly of Elizabeth Perkins'?

Deepwaters
03-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Dis' is hows I sees it wif mah own eys, brudda

Have you ever seen the movie Cleopatra with Burton and Taylor with your own eyes?

All right, she doesn't compare favorably to Alizée, but that's not hardly fair, who does? She was no dog, that's for sure. The reason I said she was wrong for the part of Cleopatra is because of personality. Cleopatra was a very strong woman and a political genius. Elizabeth Taylor came across as kind of a bimbo. It had nothing to do with what she looked like. (Well, except that Cleopatra was actually sort of ugly. I know that blows the myth but it's true.)

User22
03-21-2010, 10:14 PM
@Aaron:
- Thanks for the link man, the quality is great.

@Fall:
- It's all good man... or maybe not... I dunno, I'm on a mac so I'M NOT INFECTED! MUAHAHA

---
- Does anybody else go bonkers right around 1:14 (New York I'm...) when she does that very slight head-neck thing? AAAHHH

no problemo Jalen.

haha yah Fall is just being cautious since he has all his Lilly and MJ on his compie:rolleyes:

I LOVE IT!!!GIF ANYONE???

Roman
03-22-2010, 01:26 AM
Well, I could agree with some of this, such as the eye make-up thing, but maybe I stopped caring as much and then it's easier to just accept it.
...There is a part where she is out doors in the fur coat and she blinks and it made me wonder if it was the eye make up that made her blink. My guess is that it was too bright out. It was overcast with that thin cloud layer that just diffuses the light. At least in some ways, not the ideal day for it.

As for going to New York, how much time and money do they have to do this? That's a serious trip to make just to toss some authenticity into it. Alizée has to get her daughter to school in the morning. It's a bit out of her way to go to New York. I'm not sure that some of you have yet figured out what level of production we're dealing with here. This ain't no Hollywood blockbuster.

There's two other minor problems I have with the video. In the outdoor parts where Roman said ...images moving around, unclear........well I thought it was a little bit too unclear where she is hugging a friend. I'll admit, at first view I wasn't even sure that she was hugging someone it was so unclear. This is yet another instance where the producer may have forgotten that some people will make a judgment after seeing it cold only once, while he/she has worked on it much longer through all of it's development. One guy from the French club at Sac City yesterday told me that he had seen her video the day before. It came up after I mentioned that Alizée was the reason I started learning French. I should have asked him more about what he thought of it. We were trying to speak French though, and I am very weak there. Anyway...

The other minor criticism is the short part where I guess they are showing a little part of her leg. It's obvious they didn't want to be trashy, too Mylene Farmer, as some people might say, by showing too much leg, but I thought they didn't go far enough, so you had some doubt as to whether it was a leg you were seeing or not.Whatever it was, I'm sure it wasn't far enough. ;) I don't remember even seeing that! :eek:

As the weeks go by, I find myself liking this song more. It's very catchy. Even the repetitions become perhaps somewhat hypnotic and aren't really a problem, even if not ideal, especially with the video. I suppose that's what they were going for.

I wonder about remixes and concert performances. It seems like, songs like this, they could really scale up a lot for a concert performance, if you know what I mean.

User22
03-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Justin Case anyone wants it(I'll post it every once in awhile), here is the link for the Les Collines Music Video:

http://rapidshare.com/files/366538366/Les_Collines_Music_Video.mp4

Sitting by the bay
03-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Please excuse the repetition if someone already pointed this out. (No time to read archives)

La Isla Bonita: Huge Youtube hit with millions of views, launched global awareness of Alizee.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/37/104528945_fea1de435b_m.jpg

Les Collines: Nearly 400,000 views in less than a week

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2870/57953047.jpg (http://img695.imageshack.us/i/57953047.jpg/)

I'm just saying.

User22
03-22-2010, 05:23 PM
La Isla Bonita: Huge Youtube hit with millions of views, launched global awareness of Alizee.

I'm just saying.

I totally see where you are going with this...possible 1,000,000views in a week? 10,000,000 this year???

Sitting by the bay
03-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I totally see where you are going with this...possible 1,000,000views in a week? 10,000,000 this year???

Actually not where I was going, but good point noetheless. I was just making a far fetched correlation, between her youtube clips success and her hair.

But you had to go get all analytical on my, heh?

paintballpdh19
03-22-2010, 07:01 PM
Please excuse the repetition if someone already pointed this out. (No time to read archives)

I'm just saying.

i like the way u think... Alizee Awareness is All Around us!

lefty12357
03-22-2010, 07:41 PM
Well, let's just hope Alizée has all the success she deserves. And I especially wish for things to go well in France for her, and that the USA can make a respectable contribution as well.

woohoo
03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Well, let's just hope Alizée has all the success she deserves. And I especially wish for things to go well in France for her, and that the USA can make a respectable contribution as well.

I hope she notices our support from across the pond.

lefty12357
03-22-2010, 09:03 PM
If you look at the current data, it would sure be nice to see the USA a much darker green.

However, you can see a huge amount of traffic to the video came from the French Yahoo. Seeing as how they made this video very visible to French speaking regions, maybe the US hasn't done that bad in comparison. After all, Alizée's video was not prominently displayed in English speaking regions (that I know of) until it appeared on Youtube's front page. So English regions relied on word of mouth, fan pages and probably chance discovery.

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/th_a-info.jpg (http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/lefty12357/?action=view&current=a-info.jpg)

User22
03-22-2010, 09:23 PM
If you look at the current data, it would sure be nice to see the USA a much darker green.

However, you can see a huge amount of traffic to the video came from the French Yahoo. Seeing as how they made this video very visible to French speaking regions, maybe the US hasn't done that bad in comparison. After all, Alizée's video was not prominently displayed in English speaking regions (that I know of) until it appeared on Youtube's front page. So English regions relied on word of mouth, fan pages and probably chance discovery.

Yah...I am trying to spread the word...we'll get that dark green soon:D

User22
04-29-2010, 11:42 AM

Hey I looked on the Wikipedia page and your quote is the 51st Reference!!!

WIKIPEDIA:

The music video of the first single "Les Collines" was released on 19th March, 2010 by Alizée's official YouTube channel, which then peaked as the daily most-viewed[51] musician's channel worldwide.

Edcognito
04-29-2010, 04:14 PM
I absolutely love her eyes at the end of this video...

I've always been struck (struck dumb?:D) by those eyes...:wub:

Ed:cool:

Merci Alizée
07-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Not sure if this has been posted or not.

Video by Psychalizée.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tcA2biXAio&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tcA2biXAio&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

This is not a new video. Just parts of the shooting for the music video shown in the TV show Cd Aujourd'hui on 30th March.

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5500

gourmand
07-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Cool find MA. Never saw this before :)

wasabi622
07-15-2010, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the video MA, cool stuff there.

Close up of her teeth = Gourmandises. :p

Merci Alizée
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the video MA, cool stuff there.

Close up of her teeth = Gourmandises. :p

I often wonder if they had Gourmandises music video in mind before shooting this music video. Though both the songs are totally different, both are similar in the way they have been shot. Close-ups and all those.

User22
11-03-2010, 04:56 PM
The Official Les Collines Music Video on alizeeofficiel's youtube channel has 993,529 views!

Almost to a million!

DrSmith
11-03-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLJ1EFr_gXQ

993,528 @ 17:35 EDT 03.11.2010

Let's see how long it takes to get 1,000,000.

Tom
11-03-2010, 06:02 PM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7049/alizestatistic24.png

User22
11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/7049/alizestatistic24.png

Thanks for the info! And where do you get the stats for videos?

DrSmith
11-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Click on the arrow next to the number of views.

User22
11-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Click on the arrow next to the number of views.

Thanks a mucho!!!

DrSmith
11-03-2010, 08:40 PM
WTF It changed! YouTube's layout suddenly changed; now the number of views is really big and the arrow is gone. :blink:

Tom
11-03-2010, 08:51 PM
WTF It changed! YouTube's layout suddenly changed; now the number of views is really big and the arrow is gone. :blink:

What the... same here! :eek:

DrSmith
11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Aah, but it turns out you can now see the statistics by clicking on the little button that shows green and red bars. Weird that YouTube would change that at the same time we were talking about it…

Roman
11-03-2010, 09:25 PM
I wish she had those numbers in 2007 though. It seems that YouTube is what has become more popular. Lady Gaga is over a billion I think. But still, it's cool none the less. What if you had a video that had been watched a million times. That's actually a little bit incomprehensible to think of that many people, yet "she" sold 1.2 million copies of Moi... Lolita in just a few months just around the time she turned 16. That is really out of this world.

User22
11-03-2010, 09:45 PM
I wish she had those numbers in 2007 though. It seems that YouTube is what has become more popular. Lady Gaga is over a billion I think. But still, it's cool none the less. What if you had a video that had been watched a million times. That's actually a little bit incomprehensible to think of that many people, yet "she" sold 1.2 million copies of Moi... Lolita in just a few months just around the time she turned 16. That is really out of this world.

So what you are trying to say, is she is still VERY POPULAR....which she is:D

Tom
11-03-2010, 10:30 PM
The video have only had an average of 3,000 views each day for the past 4 months. Yes, I said only. :eek:

User22
11-03-2010, 11:27 PM
The video have only had an average of 3,000 views each day for the past 4 months. Yes, I said only. :eek:

:eek::eek::eek::eek: That is a buttload of views for every day! Just think...almost one-eighth of the people in New York viewed this video(I'm just making a size comparison obviously, this isn't true).

Zeerre
11-04-2010, 07:51 AM
Not trying to be Debbie Downer or anything, but while 3,000 views a day is indeed a lot, there are artists that probably get that in less than an hour.
Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Tom
11-04-2010, 09:01 AM
I think many people thought the music video was sort of a disappointment. It had 600,000 views in the first month, then not even 400,000 views in the next 7 months.

User22
11-04-2010, 03:46 PM
I think many people thought the music video was sort of a disappointment. It had 600,000 views in the first month, then not even 400,000 views in the next 7 months.

That is true, but also music videos tend to not be watched again by tye same people. Most view it just once.

DrSmith
11-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Let's see how long it takes to get 1,000,000.

It never bothered to check on the number of views until today. :rolleyes:

It's at 1,002,629 views now. So that's OVER 9000 views in about a week.

Tom
11-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Happy 1,000,000 views I guess. :D

And with the numbers you gave, the video have had an average of 48 views per hour and 1152 views per day during the past 118½ hours (7d, 20h, 30m).

BrianO1
11-11-2010, 02:24 PM
And with the numbers you gave, the video have had an average of 48 views per hour and 1152 views per day during the past 118½ hours (7d, 20h, 30m).

you think you're soooo cool with you math skills. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p:p:p:p

Tom
11-11-2010, 02:29 PM
you think you're soooo cool with you math skills. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p:p:p:p

I may be good at math... but ofcourse I'm using the calculator to speed things up... :blink: I don't think I'm cool, I just think it's interesting with statistics. ;)

Karin
11-04-2011, 05:48 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300253_287758481245915_273445389343891_1009879_317 872048_n.jpg

User22
11-05-2011, 06:00 AM
I'm guessing its 1080p :p

Karin
11-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Les Collines HD - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BXY2YRB7 from A-life

Jake04
11-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks for the link, Karin!

PS: The link doesn't seem to be working. :confused:

User22
11-11-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the link, Karin!

PS: The link doesn't seem to be working. :confused:

Hehe, maybe Alizée herself reported it :p

Karin
11-11-2011, 04:58 AM
you must try it many times, link is still working... I didnt delete it ;)

Merci Alizée
11-11-2011, 05:24 AM
Karin can you post a screen shot of the video that you have uploaded?

Bigdan
11-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Karin can you post a screen shot of the video that you have uploaded?

http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7259/collin01.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/708/collin01.jpg/)

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/7535/collin2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/collin2.jpg/)

:wub:

Karin
11-11-2011, 06:34 AM
and

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/312807_289167341105029_273445389343891_1016256_693 761359_n.jpg

battousai
11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Aww I was hoping for 1080p cause I already had a 720p of this video. but thanks for the upload :D

Karin
11-11-2011, 05:46 PM
Aww I was hoping for 1080p cause I already had a 720p of this video. but thanks for the upload :D

I have 1080p too :)

battousai
11-11-2011, 10:46 PM
I have 1080p too :)

link please

Merci Alizée
11-11-2011, 10:51 PM

1080p (108 MB IRRC)video was shared by spirit last year only.

User22
11-11-2011, 11:11 PM

But his had tags/watermarks...

battousai
11-12-2011, 01:39 AM

the one I have from spirit was 720p also.

Karin
11-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Les Collines Tournage clip soon on A-life...

User22
11-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Les Collines Tournage clip soon on A-life...

I can't wait!!!

Karin
12-06-2011, 02:53 PM
dont know where to post it...

Les Collines Interview/Tournage

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2434574377903