PDA

View Full Version : [2010-03-29] Sign-Up: Une Enfant Du Siècle Autographs!

Pages : [1] 2

Scruffydog777
03-25-2010, 02:46 PM
I just got news from Ben that Alizée will meet with me in private 30 minutes to the begining of the autograph session to sign any cd's I have from the fans of Alizee America. If anyone wants a signed copy, please post it here. We will have to settle up money wise after I get back.

Mod Edit:

Limited to 50 CDs. Please do not flood Scruffydog with private requests, write your name here if you would like one. Please note that you will be expected to pay for the cost of the disc plus shipping (around $30, exact amount TBD). Sorry, US members only please.

Update, April 2nd - CD Payment Information:

By now most (if not all) of you who got a CD signed in your name should have received word from Scruffy or myself. If you want your disc shipped outside the US, or need to pay with cash, check, or money order, please contact Scruffydog777 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/member.php?u=1762) directly to make the arrangements.

Everyone else can pay via the form donation paypal page here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php

The cost of the CD is $28.50 (first class mail with with delivery confirmation). Be sure to include your shipping address and username at checkout.

Anything optionally sent beyond the above amount will be considered a forum donation, and go to help offsetting our costs. Thanks!

sumi1
03-25-2010, 03:03 PM
THAT's SO GREAT SCRUFFY!!!
29th march is going to be one of the most memorable days your life. I am so happy and so jealous at the same time:D But you deserve it Sir :)

Also, it's so great that AAm has got Mademoiselle's attention. Hope the day is near when she will come here and perform.

Plaz
03-25-2010, 03:31 PM
so if i was interested how does one go through with it? because i do want one... so i guess confirm me?

Alex
03-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Confirming my previous request Scruffy! Thank YOU!

Merci Alizée
03-25-2010, 03:36 PM
And I'm confirming my request too.

Edit:

Thanks Dave

Toc De Mac
03-25-2010, 03:39 PM
OMG ! Is it too late? If not, I will gladly pay! My name is Marcus D. :)

user472884
03-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I'd love one Scruff! Sign me up for a copy!

Wow... 30 minutes alone with Alizée, I didn't know it was possible for a human to be so lucky.

EDIT

If she is signing it to each name, sign me up for that too.

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Get one for me signed to Alex! And after this happens, we will have to make a list called 'SUPER LUCKY BASTARDS!!!', with scruffy as the headliner! I hate and love you, scruffy!

Ben
03-25-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey guys, sorry for the short notice! Don't think we know the exact cost of the CDs yet, and are still working out payment details, so will let you know about that soon. In the meantime, if you want one please just write your name down here, in this thread, as you would like it to appear on a CD. I'm sure Scruffy's super busy right now, so please don't make him chase you down or flood him with private messages. Thanks!

Future Raptor Ace
03-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Thanks so much Scruffy and Ben, you guys are the best.
Put my name as Mike, thanks again~!

Plaz
03-25-2010, 04:03 PM
i guess have her write Chris "Plaz" Reyes

deanej
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
You can put my name in as Jon.

fatman
03-25-2010, 04:05 PM
I hope I'm not too late!

I want it to say:

JMoney

thanks!!!

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 04:06 PM
confirming my previous request for Philip and already sent payment... damn u lucky Scruff... how did this happen for you to be sooooooooooo lucky to be able to see her in private for half an hour?

brad
If possible, I would like to get one for "Brad' and one for "Samuel"

Addict
Could I get one, signed to Nick?

Not Today
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I'll put my name in:

Matthew E.

Thanks for letting us know.

Pjoo
03-25-2010, 04:07 PM
Other than just US?

If so; Petteri.

Tiwaz
03-25-2010, 04:08 PM
OOh I would like one too. /Jim

alizeeindia
03-25-2010, 04:12 PM
What a luck, Scruffy, please sign me up too. My name "Vineet".

Uméesha
03-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Hi David, I hope you wil get me one tooo

with the name : Uméesha hope, if am lucky though to get the album!

thanks in advance!

Pjoo
03-25-2010, 04:21 PM
Actually, how exactly would this work?

Plaz
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
im assuming you pay for the cd+shipping... there is 50 copies? so im guessing you pay $20 for the cd + shipping?

Ben
03-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Around $20 sounds like a good ballpark figure for those in the US, though with the exchange right it might be a bit more. Scruffy will have to let us know once he gets back.

Actually, how exactly would this work?
Not sure about international fans, Petteri. First it's up to Scruffy if he wants to ship that far, then also our contact at Virgin said, "Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans." Really sorry. :(

sparrownightmare
03-25-2010, 04:25 PM
I'd love one!

Rich Sensale (Just Rich for the Autograph.) Can you do Paypal for the CD and if so, how much are they?:D

I just got news from Ben that Alizée will meet with me in private 30 minutes to the begining of the autograph session to sign any cd's I have from the fans of Alizee America. If anyone wants a signed copy, please post it here. We will have to settle up money wise after I get back.

MiamMiam
03-25-2010, 04:26 PM
Ugh I know I haven't posted in a long time, but I still read the forums from time to time. I would love to be able to get an autograph from her! If you don't mind, could you have her make it out to Lindsey?

another_alizee_fan
03-25-2010, 04:30 PM
If possible, I would like mine to say, " Pour La Crème Brûlée French Bistro; thank you for the birthday party"

Edit:
Just in case it wasn't clear, YEEESSSS, I want one! It will be displayed in the French Restaurant for all to see. The restaurant/Bistro is where her 2007 USA Fan Birthday Party was held and where her photos are still prominently displayed. Check it out here: Alizée Photo Gallery (http://www.lacremebrulee.com/?page_id=120&album=2&gallery=4)

Omkar
03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
My name is Omkar.
I am great fan of her and I would like to get her autographed copy of album

awkward Turtle
03-25-2010, 04:34 PM
I already got the box set already but I will buy a signed cd

My name is Kevin

kristofer
03-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Ok EDITTTTTT I've read the whole thread, if my edit doesn't come to late, I'd like for her to write:

Kristofer, ad libitum, never gonna leave you!

Oops I keep editing this but it is my final edit, I SWEAR :D

Pjoo
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Not sure about international fans, Petteri. First it's up to Scruffy if he wants to ship that far, then also our contact at Virgin said, "Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans." Really sorry. :(

Ah! Well, it's ok, I will get my fair share of Alizómeness when my preorder arrives, and even before that with the preload ^^

Shintsu
03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Wow, indeed you are lucky! I'm none too lucky as far as winning these kinda things, but I'll give it a shot anyway!

If I can get one, I would like mine made out to Kevin C. I guess the lucky winners will get a PM or something? As long as it doesn't cost as much as that special edition with all those extras (It was something like $175 I think), I wanted that but alas I'm a poor college kid! Congrats to any of the lucky few who get one!

Bogart
03-25-2010, 04:42 PM
If I'm not too late, sign me up.

Name is Frank

Kamakzie
Depending on the price I'd probably be interested.

VVVACCPLPNLY
I already got the box set already but I will buy a signed cd

My name is Kevin

CHEATER! Lol just kidding, but I actually assume that it could cost as much as $30 with s&h. But price is no object to see my name written in that most spectacular of handwriting! Also, 2 questions, when could we expect these to be mailed?, and if the guy on here called Alex also gets one, it won't be a problem to have 2 discs signed to two different 'Alex's', would it? I have an alternative, if necissary.

kristofer
03-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, indeed you are lucky! I'm none too lucky as far as winning these kinda things, but I'll give it a shot anyway!

If I can get one, I would like mine made out to Kevin C. I guess the lucky winners will get a PM or something? As long as it doesn't cost as much as that special edition with all those extras (It was something like $175 I think), I wanted that but alas I'm a poor college kid! Congrats to any of the lucky few who get one!

Same to both of your paragraphs hahah. I usually don't win these types of things but I'm hoping I luck out hahah.

Also, yes, please please PM us and let us know le prix, etc.

I appreciate informing us; I'm incredibly excited!

LadyCameronXIII
Pourqoui pas ? I would love to have a copy autographed.

The name to use: Lady Cameron XIII

SimonH
Simon Hogsten.

Price does not really matter to me the Navy pays me well enough & I got no bills so ye...

AfriqueDuSud
Hey there Scruffy.

Not sure how you guys pulled off this little trick, but I would gladly paypal who ever needs the money right away.

Edit: Ok .. just send it to the US with the rest and I will arrange with Amigo or Lady C to ship it here .. that's ok?

It should just read "Alizée South Africa"

Thanks!

Chuck
03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Wowee!

If I were someone lucky (which I'm not, but if I was) I'd just want mine made out to Chuck. Cause that's me.

lamedog
03-25-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome.

If its not too late: One for Cameron please.

Thanks.

kfeltenberger
03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I'd love one signed to "Kurt"

Thanks!

Miker123
03-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I'd be grateful for a signed copy.
ask her to address it to Mike, please.

JEP
03-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Sruffy I Would Like A Signed Pic For My Grandson Jeremy Who Just Turned 5Years Old. His Favourite Song And Video Is A Contre Courant. Thanx. If You Need More Info PM Me.

g1xelz
03-25-2010, 05:01 PM
Sign me up!

Make it to Derek

if you still have slots!

Thank you.

lefty12357
03-25-2010, 05:08 PM
If there's any left, I would like one made out to Dan. This is truly amazing! :)

Toc De Mac
03-25-2010, 05:09 PM
I know that it says on the site of Le Figaro that if your question is chosen, you will receive a signed album, but I haven't received any messages on my account saying that I "won," so I don't know what to think...

I would feel bad if I ended up receiving 2 signed copies and someone didn't because I'm taking an extra spot ... Any ideas on what I should do?

Sir Wood
03-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I know that it says on the site of Le Figaro that if your question is chosen, you will receive a signed album, but I haven't received any messages on my account saying that I "won," so I don't know what to think...

I would feel bad if I ended up receiving 2 signed copies and someone didn't because I'm taking an extra spot ... Any ideas on what I should do?
Just put your name down. ;) (It couldn't hurt :p )

BTW merci beaucoup Scruffydog et Ben ! 30-min! You lucky bastage!

Please put me down (and you know my name already :p )

Ronald
03-25-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes please, I'd really want one of those, named Ronald

let me know how to transfer the money

Scruffydog777
03-25-2010, 05:18 PM
If possible, I would like mine to say, " Pour La Crème Brûlée French Bistro; thank you for the birthday party"

I think that might be a little bit to much to ask of her. Please just give me a one word name that you would like to have her to address the autograph to.
Thanks.

highdefdude
03-25-2010, 05:23 PM
WHY O WHY just the american fans !!!:mad::mad:

Sign one to Ralf please !!!! That would make my day.. no.. week uhh mellenium !.

I guess this will also bring a lot of sudden new members...

JEP
03-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Yes Please I Would Like , Names Paul. Thanx.

Plaz
03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
so i was thinking... maybe edit the first post with the list of all the people who made it?

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 05:26 PM
so i was thinking... maybe edit the first post with the list of all the people who made it?

great idea

Ben
03-25-2010, 05:33 PM
I guess this will also bring a lot of sudden new members...
I think we might give priority to a few older members over those who just signed up today, though that's up to Scruffy. Sorry again to non-US members, but we were specifically told this was for her American fans, plus there's the issue of shipping. Poor David has to mail all these out! Guess that's the price for meeting Alizée. ;)

Sir Wood
03-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I think we might give priority to a few older members over those who just signed up today, though that's up to Scruffy. Sorry again to non-US members, but we were specifically told this was for her American fans, plus there's the issue of shipping. Poor David has to mail all these out! Guess that's the price for meeting Alizée. ;)

Don't worry, I'll tip him. ;) (BTW, I had bought 2 AAm shirts in hopes of going but airline prices are insanely high. :mad: )

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Wait, do I still count? I didn't join today, but I haven't been here for but 2 months. So, am I considered too new? Please don't tell me I don't! I might cry!

Fyrel
03-25-2010, 05:40 PM
Oooh, if there's still room, I'd really like one! Put my name down as Tom.

user472884
03-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Wait, do I still count? I didn't join today, but I haven't been here for but 2 months. So, am I considered too new? Please don't tell me I don't! I might cry!

I thought that if you had at least 100 posts or 1 month, you would be considered a "senior member" by the forum.

And plus, you attended the podcast recording, which makes you "worthy" in my book.

MYGOGT
03-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Way to pull em out of the woodwork guys.
This is indeed great news. Three cheers to whomever pulled this off !
Let's show our support and push AAm to the top spot while Scruffy is over the pond. Go vote now.

Ronald
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM

I don't get this, I mean I understand if suddenly this forum gets a lot of new members, but for the members who are already "on-board", what different does it make from which country you are?

I'd really be dissappointed if I were excluded for being "a foreigner", if money is the problem, tell me, and we can make things work.

Both times you have to put a stamp on it, and put it in the mailbox, the only differ is the postage amount, which will be around USD 10

flavor flav
03-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Please I would love one! Please put my name as Travis. Thanks!

Songjiang
03-25-2010, 05:47 PM
I would like one ^^ my name is Kevin

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 05:49 PM
I thought that if you had at least 100 posts or 1 month, you would be considered a "senior member" by the forum.

Yes, that's true, but I don't consider myself senior, compared to most. I am probably the most ACTIVE member that has joined in 2010, but I am still finding out about 7 and 8 year old performances. Or, like, other stuff, like I didn't know there was a studio La Isla Bonita, til after I started my Psychedelices poll.

Tiwaz
03-25-2010, 05:51 PM
i don't get this, i mean i understand if suddenly this forum gets a lot of new members, but for the members who are already "on-board", what different does it make from which country you are?

I'd really be dissappointed if i were excluded for being "a foreigner", if money is the problem, tell me, and we can make things work.

Both times you have to put a stamp on it, and put it in the mailbox, the only differ is the postage amount, which will be around usd 10

+1 :( :(:(:(

user472884
03-25-2010, 05:57 PM
I don't know the correct words, but I really, really don't like all the new accounts that seem to have conveniently been created today... hoping to horn in.

What if March'10 created accounts and those created before, but have under 50 posts, are excluded?

I know a few members that have been here quite some time that I don't yet believe are aware of this thread, and would love a spot that's not taken by a sniper.

AlizéeInspired
03-25-2010, 06:00 PM
If possible, I would love one. Name is Daniel.

ImRawdg
03-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Name is Jake, if I can still get one...

I don't know the correct words, but I really, really don't like all the new accounts that seem to have conveniently been created today... hoping to horn in.

What if March'10 created accounts and those created before, but have under 50 posts, are excluded?

I know a few members that have been here quite some time that I don't yet believe are aware of this thread, and would love a spot that's not taken by a sniper.

I agree with this strongly, though maybe not the 50 post part.

FireCanine
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
oooo! FireCanine wants one! If it's possible make the autograph to ''America FireCanine''
I've actually been waiting for an autograph from Alizée since last year

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Yeah, the 50 part might not be fair to people who never post, but have been here for years. Post amount doesn't mean experience, just tired fingers! They may not contribute to threads, but they still count!

ptjmwa
03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
i want one of course! Paul Quinonez

AlizéeInspired

I agree here (even though this completely takes me out of a chance for a CD lol)

I say that of the people who sign up that those selected are the 50 with the highest number of posts. Even though I would really love one, I only think it is right that older and more dedicated members get what they deserve.

Dark Engine

I'd say those that signed up this month with only 1 post.

Sign me up if possible for "Rob" I know I haven't been around much anymore, but uncle sam has been keeping me busy.

Roman
03-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Dang! Well, I didn't see this thread before though I did ask already.
If you get me in, "Roman" is fine.

CWatkins
03-25-2010, 06:35 PM
I would greatly appreciate an autographed copy. My name is Chase.

I understand if I'm too late and I agree with the pre-March 2010 members getting first priority. I also agree with the 50 posts minimum even though I only have 20 posts because forums live and die by members posting or not and this is really a reward to the members being a member. Otherwise, it's nothing more than a giveaway simply for having a pulse.

Fèvier
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
probably WAY too late but if for some reason yes.

well then add me to this wonderful list!
- Andrés "El Beaner" Garcia :D

if not then oh well, there's always next time :o

Pjoo
03-25-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't get this, I mean I understand if suddenly this forum gets a lot of new members, but for the members who are already "on-board", what different does it make from which country you are?

I'd really be dissappointed if I were excluded for being "a foreigner", if money is the problem, tell me, and we can make things work.

Both times you have to put a stamp on it, and put it in the mailbox, the only differ is the postage amount, which will be around USD 10

...our contact at Virgin said, "Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans."

And well, foreigners wouldn't really be americans.

Pjoo
03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
I think starting at page 1 and going through each post and signing up people that joined before March 2010 would be fair. I don't know about 50 posts though...maybe it could be lowered? 25?

I really don't see much reason for post-limit. People can spam and people can lurk, don't see why would one be more deserving than other.

RadioactiveMan
03-25-2010, 06:44 PM
If you're feeling rebellious or you're just especially fond of me, an autograph for Travis (bolding optional) in the frozen wastelands of Canada would not go unappreciated.

user472884
03-25-2010, 06:45 PM
I think starting at page 1 and going through each post and signing up people that joined before March 2010 would be fair. I don't know about 50 posts though...maybe it could be lowered? 25?

Maybe... I just thought that'd be a way to weed out any accounts (I believe one has already posted here) that may have been created long ago, just for such an occasion as this.

To the authorities of this site, I highly recommend that some form of action should be taken against those such as "Paul".

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 06:50 PM
Well, we have had three new members join today, the first of them did so before scruffy's announcement, and has not yet asked for a copy, the other two of which did after the announcement and HAVE asked for a copy. Coincidence? Me thinks not!

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Maybe... I just thought that'd be a way to weed out any accounts (I believe one has already posted here) that may have been created long ago, just for such an occasion as this.

To the authorities of this site, I highly recommend that some form of action should be taken against those such as "Paul".

true, plus this topic should be closed, there is already more than 50 people already and also for the reason that things don't start to get ugly because i have a feeling they might. its just for the benefit of the site.

Dark Engine
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
true, plus this topic should be closed so that things don't start to get ugly because i have a feeling they might. its just for the benefit of the site.

Was thinking the same thing. With 9 pages and 10 post per page, I'd imagine he's got his fifty, even if he weeds out the "snipers". Might want to lock this thread before it turns into a flame war of who does and doesn't deserve one.

On a side note, this has to be the most people I've seen online in a long time.

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 06:54 PM
Was thinking the same thing. With 9 pages and 10 post per page, I'd imagine he's got his fifty, even if he weeds out the "snipers". Might want to lock this thread before it turns into a flame war of who does and doesn't deserve one.

exactly my thought

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 06:55 PM
true, plus this topic should be closed so that things don't start to get ugly because i have a feeling they might. its just for the benefit of the site.

Bump, yes, this should be done, no doubt 50 people have signed up, ben, do it, before we have 60 and people start fighting! Lol did anyone catch that?

Ben
03-25-2010, 06:59 PM
I want to keep this open until Scruffydog leaves, so people can still add their names. Doesn't matter if we get 500, better too many than too few. The number could change, people might drop out, etc. But yes, no need to debate who deserves what, in the end that's up to Scruffy. He'll contact those he wants with the details.

ptjmwa
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
which paul? me? i signed up in march but not today i signed up before this thread began. i didn't sign up just because of this.

AlizéeInspired
03-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Bump, yes, this should be done, no doubt 50 people have signed up, ben, do it, before we have 60 and people start fighting! Lol did anyone catch that?

50 60 lol. :D Actually just finished listening to the song.

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 07:02 PM
50 60 lol. :D

ah, i was wondering what he meant by did u catch what i did there, lol nice

Fèvier
03-25-2010, 07:06 PM
wait... i don't have a pay pal account or anything. is there a possibility of sending a check or sending actual cash? :o

that's if I made it in time. but either way thank you Scruffy and Ben you guys are the best for putting something like this together.

ALS
03-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I just found the thread if any are left put me in for one.

Al

Thanks

rj.bagby
03-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I would love to have one. Great job! You are so lucky.

Rick Bagby

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
We won't recieve confirmation til scruffy closes the thread. And ben, you do have a good point, if scruffy is going, then no matter what, it is up to him in the end. Well, sorry scruffy, I'd hate to have that pressure! but at least you are guaranteed a copy, AND get to meet Alizee for half an hour! The anticipation is killing me, waiting to know whether I am getting one or not!

Roman
03-25-2010, 07:23 PM
Well, I'll say it is really amazing how people have come out of the woodwork for this. Gives some indication of the actual popularity at this site.

kristofer
03-25-2010, 07:32 PM
Same to both of your paragraphs hahah. I usually don't win these types of things but I'm hoping I luck out hahah.

Also, yes, please please PM us and let us know le prix, etc.

I appreciate informing us; I'm incredibly excited!

Ouh now that I see the edit in the beginning of the thread, I'm glad to say I can pay for that heheh. Sign me uuuup!

And just to prod again, as if you've forgotten:
I'd like for her to write:

Kristofer, ad libitum, never gonna leave you!

puffyrock2
03-25-2010, 07:36 PM
I certainly want one! Just ask for it to be signed to: Brock

I certainly hope i'm not late to the party.

kristofer
03-25-2010, 07:37 PM
And now after reading this whole thread again, I'm afraid I won't get a copy because I haven't been around forever! Although I'm pre-March, I think (wait I'm not even sure what month I joined hahah).

O well, all's up to chance, anyway! I'm just glad I got to page four so I'm around the first top fifty to request a cd, even if I don't get priority! (:

atra201
03-25-2010, 07:40 PM
thanks for a great idea
count me in for "maribel @." the shipping address would be in america
i have the money but i'm not sure how to pay since paypal doesn't work where i live
plz. tell how you want me to send your money

Aldighieri
03-25-2010, 07:43 PM
I'm from Italy..but is a very nice things..

woohoo
03-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Wow an autographed copy would be the best for the frist physical album Ill be buying in my life!
edit: to Nick

Ruroshen
03-25-2010, 07:46 PM

Mod Edit:

Limited to 50 CDs. Please do not flood Scruffydog with private requests, write your name here if you would like one. Please note that you will be expected to pay for the cost of the disc plus shipping (around $30, exact amount TBD). Sorry, US members only.

Um, can I please ask where I stand in terms of the original request I had? Is it still good, or am I pooched now that I'm not in the US?

paintballpdh19
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Um, can I please ask where I stand in terms of the original request I had? Is it still good, or am I pooched now that I'm not in the US?

the original ten are still getting copies right cause i sent my payment already

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 07:56 PM

Oww... Dude, I gotta say, that seriously sucks in the WORST way. This is probably the first time being an American Alizee fan has been more useful than being French or Mexican. Well, French people are at least in the right country, but for our Mexican, Indian, and wherever else friends, ooh...

bigramdiesel
03-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Sign me up Dennis Bier Thanks

Ben
03-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I think one or two exceptions could be made for Ruro and a couple others. I mean he helps run this place! And personally I've always considered Canada part of our group. But again it's up to Scruffy, I really can't speak for him.

I had to put that disclaimer there because think how it would look if a representative from our site came with a dozen requests from other countries. The event manager from Virgin even said that "Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans." Again, sorry to the international members. It's nothing against you, but for once there's an event specifically for us. :)

Alex
03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
SUGGESTION:

Alot is going on in trying to make your name in those 50 spots... BUT...I also agree this isn't fair to some members, so I suggest the folloeing:

-Scruffydog777 SHOULD get that first autographed album
-Memebers from the original list should be the second group to make it in the 50 spots.
** I know Vibhash is not American, he is from India, BUT he did make it in the first 10 spots originally opened. List:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5351/allizeenamelist12.jpg

-Accept names from the first come first serve basis from this thread, BUT have the OLDER Members have the priority, and those members who ALSO have CONTRIBUTED greatly with their posts, and contributions to this forum.
-Last accept the rest of the prority from this thread taking in consideration nationality, posts, date registered etc...

No matter how the final people get selected, there is no descrimination of any type when the desicion is made in AlizeeAmerica.

*Remember Alizee/ her representatives statated only 50 albums would be signed to the American fans, so one can not do anything but just accept this desicion.

Like mentioned and said by Ben, Scruffy will have the final desicion :)

Veni_Vedi_Vici
03-25-2010, 08:15 PM
How is payment being accepted? I would LOVE one but I do not use Credit. Thus my payment would have to be sent via Snailmail.

fsquared
03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
It's hard to tell how many people in this thread have actually made a request. I suspect it's over 50 by now but in case it is not for some reason, I'll request one. If I am eligible, scruffydog can contact me for contact details. Thanks for setting this up in any case!

Bigbobo
03-25-2010, 08:20 PM
It pains me to be one of "Those" guys who suddenly reappears when an occasion such as this pops up but if there are any spots available I would love to have one of the autographs. I fully agree that more engaging forum members should get priority over me but if there are any spaces left I would die for one.

My name is Rolands.

Future Raptor Ace
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
SUGGESTION:

Alot is going on in trying to make your name in those 50 spots... BUT...I also agree this isn't fair to some members, so I suggest the folloeing:

-Scruffydog777 SHOULD get that first autographed album
-Memebers from the original list should be the second group to make it in the 50 spots.
** I know Vibhash is not American, he is from India, BUT he did make it in the first 10 spots originally opened. List:
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/5351/allizeenamelist12.jpg

-Accept names from the first come first serve basis from this thread, BUT have the OLDER Members have the priority, and those members who ALSO have CONTRIBUTED greatly with their posts, and contributions to this forum.
-Last accept the rest of the prority from this thread taking in consideration nationality, posts, date registered etc...

No matter how the final people get selected, there is no descrimination of any type when the desicion is made in AlizeeAmerica.

*Remember Alizee/ her representatives statated only 50 albums would be signed to the American fans, so one can not do anything but just accept this desicion.

Like mentioned and said by Ben, Scruffy will have the final desicion :)

and im not considered a senior member lol im hurt alex :( jk

Ben and or Scruffy, can I ask how you guys got this set up, im just happy that she is doing this for her US fans, it shows that she really values us and cares!

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 08:34 PM
I'd like to know, from a more senior member, where I fall here. I am by no means a senior member (100 posts is no great feat), but I have been here since before March. And I have been pretty involved, but have never actually made a major contribution, like a monetary donation. Hate to be 'that annoying guy that keeps posting compulsively with nothing actually useful to say', but I am just super excited about all this business. Also, ben, I believe I sent you a pm, but if not, please let me know! Nothing to do with this, btw.

Addict
03-25-2010, 08:39 PM
It pains me to be one of "Those" guys who suddenly reappears when an occasion such as this pops up but if there are any spots available I would love to have one of the autographs. I fully agree that more engaging forum members should get priority over me but if there are any spaces left I would die for one.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I've browsed this forum daily for a couple years now, and though I haven't contributed to the site by posting, I have contributed to Alizée by paying for her albums. It's also pretty awesome to have gotten in on the second page, having missed the 100 Polaroid cutoff.

That being said, I can see how others would feel about more prominent members taking precedence. I would be skeptical of lurkers appearing out of nowhere, as well.

Oh well, I'll hope for the best.

Future Raptor Ace
03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
I'd like to know, from a more senior member, where I fall here. I am by no means a senior member (100 posts is no great feat), but I have been here since before March. And I have been pretty involved, but have never actually made a major contribution, like a monetary donation. Hate to be 'that annoying guy that keeps posting compulsively with nothing actually useful to say', but I am just super excited about all this business. Also, ben, I believe I sent you a pm, but if not, please let me know! Nothing to do with this, btw.
honestly I think it should go by who is most active not purely on seniority or posts.. but hopefully a big percentage of people who ask for an autograph get one! But obviously the 1 post members should offer their seats to someone who has been here longer

Fyrel
03-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Ah, the anticipation of waiting....I know I got post 59 on this thread. That's really nail bitingly close. Nothing to do now but hope Scruffy is merciful. ;) Assuming I get in, do I pay him through Paypal or what? I've seen some members say they've already paid.

krsnoopy
03-25-2010, 08:45 PM
Thanks Scruffydog777 and Ben for the offer and info. I would love to get a copy of the new autographed-CD. Please put my name on the list: Richard.

Thanks so much. Have a good time in Paris, Scruffydog777, I wish I could go too.

Ben
03-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Ben and or Scruffy, can I ask how you guys got this set up
Lets just say it was a surprise for me too, and I owe somebody a beer. Anyone have the initials, F.B.?

I got your PM, VVVACCPLP, but as you can imagine it's been a busy day. I'll get to it soon.

As far as who's "deserving", as long as you didn't create your account today just to post in this thread, I think you all are. But it will be up to Scruffy. Time to stop talking about it. ;)

Youpidou1
03-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Can you please have her sign mine as youpidou1

Future Raptor Ace
03-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Lets just say it was a surprise for me too, and I owe somebody a beer. Anyone have the initials, F.B.?

I got your PM, VVVACCPLP, but as you can imagine it's been a busy day. I'll get to it soon.

As far as who's "deserving", as long as you didn't create your account today just to post in this thread, I think you all are. But it will be up to Scruffy. Time to stop talking about it. ;)
I think everyone on this site owes you and scruffy a beer lol!

Gatchaman
03-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Wow this is awesome. Is it too late for me to join the pool?

lowbeam
03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
I would love to have an autographed album if any spots are available. You can see when I joined AAM, I am a U.S. citizen, and I support the website (just ask Ben) My name is Ross.

However, if I can get one and Ruroshen cannot (being a furiner and all), have it signed with his name, I'll pay for it and ship it to the great white North. I may caress it a little first tho :o

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Thanks, ben, and I understand. Yeah, I'd like to buy you and scruffy every six pack at my local liquor store, but first: I'm not an enabler, and 2nd, I am only 18! I can't imagine Alizee drinking outside social situations or smoking, one of the reasons I love her! Oops, off topic, sorry! Ps, promise this is my last post on this thread, remember scruffy, I was numero six (ou numero seize, counting the first en list!), to Alex!

digitalfie
03-25-2010, 09:05 PM
I certainly would an autograghed copy. My name is Jim.

Good Luck to everyone!!!!

AlizéeInspired
03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
I just went through and did a rough count (twice) of who all has signed up for the CDs and it is well over 50 now(of course). Assuming that the few posters who joined today and that non-U.S. can't recieve this offer I do think I may have squeezed in the top 50:D. ...

However, I do still believe that of all the posters it should be the top contributers and/or posters who should be number one priority when it comes to who gets a CD.

Good luck Scruff lol. You've got a lot of work to do choosing the 50 who get a CD.

user472884
03-25-2010, 09:34 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought about this!

Is she signing the case itself? or as is, just signing the plastic wrapper?

If possible, could you get the cd's unwrapped? if not (if it takes too much time or whatever) that's alright, I'll just buy a third copy of UEdS, like I did MCÉ

Plaz
03-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Wow this is awesome. Is it too late for me to join the pool?

your using a sig i made years ago in my early photoshop days XD

User22
03-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Can i still be put on the list??? If so>>> put me on scruffy!!!

Gatchaman
03-25-2010, 10:21 PM
your using a sig i made years ago in my early photoshop days XD

Cool, I've been using it since I first joined the site. Nice job!

Plaz
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
haha thanks! i was kinda shocked when i saw it... since like i made that before this place was around hehe

woohoo
03-25-2010, 10:23 PM
I thinks its really great thats Alizée is giving time for her fans America, even if its 30 minutes. Hopefully she become even more fond of us with time.

User22
03-25-2010, 10:25 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS OPEN ROOM for A SIGNED COPY STILL???

kristofer
03-25-2010, 10:27 PM
*not thinking about all the talk about who is deserving, I swear* :P

Bogart
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
As this has unfolded am I the only one who's reminded of Alizée's second appearance on Stars a Domicile?

Sir Wood
03-25-2010, 10:32 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS OPEN ROOM for A SIGNED COPY STILL???
Just put your name down. Perhaps the Virginmega rep will see the number of interested parties and be a bit flexible with their initial numbers.

*not thinking about all the talk about who is deserving, I swear* :P

It doesn't really matter at this stage. It is what it is, whatever the outcome maybe, c'est la vie. Part of being a fan is going on the roller coaster ride where you'll have to get use to the ups and downs. It's also how life goes, but we all move along just fine in the end. ;)

kristofer
03-25-2010, 10:34 PM
It doesn't really matter at this stage. It is what it is, whatever the outcome maybe, c'est la vie. Part of being a fan is going on the roller coaster ride.

Très vrai, je suppose !

User22
03-25-2010, 10:41 PM
So how will I know if my name is put down for consideration to see if they might let me??

Sir Wood
03-25-2010, 10:49 PM
So how will I know if my name is put down for consideration to see if they might let me??

Most likely, they'll either post the names in the first post and/or PM you directly. Don't sweat what may or may not be.

whitey®
03-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Darn, only for US members. Gods way of saving me $30.

User22
03-25-2010, 10:56 PM
IF ANYONE IS OUT THERE...I WANT ON THE LIST AND THANKYOU sooo mUCH!!!SCRUUUFFFF!!!HAHA

Future Raptor Ace
03-25-2010, 11:02 PM
Darn, only for US members. Gods way of saving me $30.
hahaha whitey :D

Edcognito
03-25-2010, 11:12 PM
Un-Freaking believable that she would do this... I'm just totally in awe of this young woman...

God, I've never been a fan before... I think many of you read my post on being a "fan or a "FAN"..."

This is just a performer doing her performer thing... but it *seems* so special to me at the moment...

Yeah, my wife says I get all mushy when I'm tired... and I'm tired... We got a lot done today...

Got the whole album downloaded (:wub:), listening to it on "repeat", and THEN i find out that Scruffmeister is meeting with Alizée... :eek:

This has been a day full of lightning bolts, rainbows and wonders...:o

Thank you Alizée!
:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

ed:cool:

Aldos114
03-25-2010, 11:16 PM
Hi I would like to get 2 one for me Aldo Sandoval And one for Greg Gropp thanks

Tchaikovsky
03-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Oh em gee! I want 1 (if possible) Btw my name is Ian

user472884
03-25-2010, 11:19 PM
As this has unfolded am I the only one who's reminded of Alizée's second appearance on Stars a Domicile?

Are you saying Alizée is going to come to my house and personally give me an autographed CD?

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/JalentheAlizeefan/familyguy_freakinsweet_tshirt_pic1.jpg

User22
03-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Jalen, soon you'll have to change your sig to "the five loves of my life" and add in a UEDS pic:D

MiamMiam
03-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Hmmm am I seriously the only girl that requested a CD? Haha. Anyhow wow, I never expected that she'd be so gracious to give any of us the opportunity to get an autograph from her, so it's pretty neat no matter the outcome of who gets chosen. At least now we know that she respects our forums enough :)

user472884
03-25-2010, 11:26 PM
Hmmm am I seriously the only girl that requested a CD? Haha. Anyhow wow, I never expected that she'd be so gracious to give any of us the opportunity to get an autograph from her, so it's pretty neat no matter the outcome of who gets chosen. At least now we know that she respects our forums enough :)

I thought I saw Karla post here?

MiamMiam
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I must have missed the post then but even still there's only two of us lol, not that it really matters I just thought it was interesting is all.

Bogart
03-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Are you saying Alizée is going to come to my house and personally give me an autographed CD?

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/JalentheAlizeefan/familyguy_freakinsweet_tshirt_pic1.jpg

Not exactly:) But that picture still applies.

Edisythe
03-25-2010, 11:51 PM
PLease sign my name "For Eduardo H. Alejandri" PLs!!!

Människöpesten
03-26-2010, 12:05 AM
for "Gavin Buckland" if you get a chance, my bro

wasabi622
03-26-2010, 12:22 AM
OH MY GOD! I leave the forum for a few days and this happens?!?!!

Scruffy, I cannot say this enough: YOU. ARE. AWESOME!

envyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvyenvy!!!

Krloz
03-26-2010, 12:34 AM
Quiero un disco de Alizee, la soja Krloz, y quiero uno !!!!!!!!: WUB:

pepelepew
03-26-2010, 01:49 AM
For the 100th time congratulations Scruffy. Talk about a chance of a lifetime. You deserve it and again enjoy yourself as if it's not already happening. If for some miracle there is a signed cd left have Alizee sign it: (James) I don't know how this got pulled off, but it is awesome that AAm is getting noticed by our queen. There will be no doubt that she will receive the letter now. :):):)

Plaz
03-26-2010, 01:59 AM
I thought I saw Karla post here?

that would mean karla would have to give her/his real name out

CFHollister
03-26-2010, 02:51 AM
If you're still taking requests for autographs: Joshua
Thanks! :wub:

(I know it's been months since I've been on. I'll have to try to catch up with you all in the next few days/week. It's been really hard for me to find the time to be active on the boards. Sorry :o :( :o :( :o )

wildfire
03-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Thank you scruffy! Count me in!

Please make the autograph out to "Archie". (without quotes!)

thank you!

dudefot1
03-26-2010, 03:57 AM
If it would be possible to make one out to Ben that would be amazing.

And like everyone else has said, congrats and thanks a lot! :)

FanDeAliFee
03-26-2010, 04:00 AM
For the 100th time congratulations Scruffy. Talk about a chance of a lifetime. You deserve it and again enjoy yourself as if it's not already happening... I don't know how this got pulled off, but it is awesome that AAm is getting noticed by our queen. There will be no doubt that she will receive the letter now. :):):)

I will take responsibility for this, but I have been a BAD, BAD BOY as regards regular DAILY follow-up.

As I told you guys <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=154745&highlight=authority#post154745">here</a>
<blockquote><i>Earlier today, on nobody's authority at all, I sent a note to the Virgin Megastore on the Champs-Élysées, reporting that 10% of the hits on Alizée's official Website now come from the USA, and that Alizée America is sending an "ambassador" to the autograph session at their store, to purchase multiple copies of her album for the Corsican girl to sign. I further inquired about a quantity limit and referred them to this thread in case they are dubious.</i></blockquote>My message, sent on the Ides of March, read so:<blockquote><i>Je suis un membre américain du site Alizée fan populaire,
http://alizeeamerica.com/ Environ 10% des hits sur le site officiel d'Alizée Web aujourd'hui proviennent des États-Unis. Nous allons envoyer un ambassadeur à vos Champs-Elysées pour le 18h Mars 29e session d'autographes. Nous achèterons de nombreuses copies de son nouvel album là-bas. Combien? Combien y en aura Alizée signe pour
notre ambassadeur? Peut-être que vous connaissez ou pouvez apprendre!

S'il vous plaît répondre. Merci. Vive la République! Vive la France! Vive l'Alizée! (Post-scriptum: Vous pouvez nous lire discuter de cette question en anglais ici:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5447)</i></blockquote>I checked for a reply the first couple of days to no avail. Then I checked again yesterday night to read the reply they sent on the 18th, which reads so:
<blockquote><i>Thank you for the request you have posted on our web site.

We have forwarded it to Jive Epic/Sony Music and the answer they gave us tonight is a very good one!

Your ambassador will meet Alizée (and her staff) in private, just before she starts her signing session.

Alizée will kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans.

It would be preferable if all the fans names could be on a list, especially if some names are complicated to spell!

Please let me know how to get in contact with your ambassador to finalize the meeting with Alizée.

Sincerely yours.

Laurent
</i></blockquote>Lacking my immediate response, Laurent (Mille pardons!!!) showed the needed initiative. Scruffy, I guess you have all this information already, right?

If Alizée has only 30 minutes to sign 50 CDs, and one needs five minutes to say hello and goodbye, then she only has 30 seconds to work on a CD, even without taking a break.

<i>If it is still possible</i> for me to get a CD, I would like it personalized so:

<big><big><big>Ron, du collège de Simon & Garfunkel</big></big></big>
But I will settle for "Ron" if the Corsican girl is running out of time.

<big><big>And if someone fails to pay Scruffy, I will pay for that second copy as well and let him send it to his favorite radio station. His word on the matter will be good enough for me. Who among you will join me in this modest insurance offer?</big></big>

I have now sent Laurent the following note of acknowledgment and apology. I report that we now have a waiting list beyond the quota of 50 CDs. Scruffy is hardly obliged to go beyond adventuring with 50 copies, but all the same, I have the impudence to suggest that should the weather in Paris be bad and some people stay home, Alizée might be able to sign more CDs for fans in America later in the day. (I hope Scruffy doesn't scream WTF!)

Here is the text of my e-mail:
<blockquote><i>Cher Laurent,

J'ai regardé pour votre réponse à mon adresse e-mail pour un couple de jours. Ensuite, j'ai été distrait par d'autres questions. Je m'excuse humblement pour ne pas vérifier pour votre réponse tous les jours. J'ai enfin lu Votre note tard la nuit dernière, une semaine après son envoi.

Virgin peut être très fiers que vous avez montré de l'initiative nécessaires pour agir en l'absence de mon attention immédiate. Comme vous pouvez lire ici:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5483

Alizée America le site Web a été inondé de demandes par nos membres pour un exemplaire dédicacé de l'album. Nous savons depuis longtemps dépassé le quota de généreux de 50 et sont la construction d'une liste d'attente. Peut-être si la météo à Paris est très mauvaise et certaines personnes rester à la maison, Alizée pourrait signer plus de CDs pour notre ambassadeur tard dans la journée.

Toi, Virgin, Alizée et son entourage sont très bon pour rendre nos rêves! Là encore, je m'excuse de mon Faute personnelle, ce qui ne reflète pas les très sincères chaleureux nthousiasme avec lequel Alizée America qui concerne sa spéciales corses Princesse Lointaine.

Lafayette, nous sommes ici!

Ron
Chevalier Errant, Pécheresse<blockquote></i></blockquote><hr>
<center>Edie Sedgwick era subway tokens
http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Alizee/TokenLili.jpg
</center>

jmaca
03-26-2010, 04:48 AM
If it's not too late I would love a signed copy as well. Please make it out to JR if it's possible.

Thank you

-JR

Ben
03-26-2010, 05:14 AM
Ahh so you are the mysterious poster, docdtv! Yes, Laurent (I took out his personal details) contacted me yesterday, saying he had been approached by a member of this forum who had subsequently stopped responding, and asked if I could help him finalize the arrangements. So we owe you many thanks for starting all this! I sincerely hope Scruffy can get you a disc! And I'll certainly join in your "insurance" idea. In fact, we're talking about having the payments for this be done through the forum donations page (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php).

User22
03-26-2010, 06:23 AM
If there is still an open spot(and this will be my 4th post on this) then please make it out to "Aaron". THanks again!

MYGOGT
03-26-2010, 06:54 AM
<big><big>And if someone fails to pay Scruffy, I will pay for that second copy as well and let him send it to his favorite radio station. His word on the matter will be good enough for me. Who among you will join me in this modest insurance offer?</big></big>

Ron, I am with you on this!

Kudos my friend

lowbeam
03-26-2010, 07:12 AM
Ron, I am with you on this!

Kudos my friend

+1

Scruffy shouldn't be left hanging.

CWatkins
03-26-2010, 08:02 AM
If someone doesn't pay, for whatever reason, I'll help cover their part.

kristofer
03-26-2010, 08:04 AM
In fact, we're talking about having the payments for this be done through the forum donations page (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php).
Ouhh that makes sense. It would probably be the easiest way to get this done, too!

You guys are too smart for me. :p I would have been running around in circles trying to figure out where to have people ship payments if I were running the boards!

AsianKobe
03-26-2010, 08:14 AM
i would love a copy of one and i well pay any amount.

Edcognito
03-26-2010, 08:46 AM
I was going to work today to mail my money order to Scruffy (he sent me his details) - is it preferable to send the payment to the site?

Please let me know.

Thanks guys.

Ed:cool:

brad
03-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Yeah what is Scruffy's money situation? Should get him some cash before hand you think Ben? I will also support the insurance thing.

Customer1
03-26-2010, 09:52 AM
I would like a copy for myself as well. Please have sign out to Charlie :D

Yeah what is Scruffy's money situation? Should get him some cash before hand you think Ben? I will also support the insurance thing. Yeah, I'm okay with deposit. Lets hope everything will get settle this weekend.

ALS
03-26-2010, 10:01 AM
that would mean karla would have to give her/his real name out

Your kidding, Karla is her real name ? :eek:

How long have you been on this board ?

She has a link to her myspace page in her signature.

I have no problem adding more to Cd cost to help Scruffy and the board out for giving
us this opportunity. I think anyone that gets a signed copy should add a little extra for Ben and Scruffy

This is a very rare opportunity to get a personally signed copy.

dan
03-26-2010, 10:48 AM
I have to admit this offer has brought me out of the woodwork, after being a fan of Alizée and a member here for years. My wife and I would be grateful to you, Scruffy, if you could have a CD signed for: Dan & Heather

Merci et bon voyage!

FanDeAliFee
03-26-2010, 11:13 AM
1, NATIONAL CRITERION FOR A SIGNED CD

Alizée America is visited by comparable numbers of people who live in the United States and who live outside of the United States. As an American, I think it is wonderful we can welcome so many friends from so many countries at this Web site. My own late parents were born overseas and were naturalized as Americans shortly before I was born in the US.

I hope there will not be undue hurt feelings if few of the signed CDs will reach people outside of the United States. All these arrangements are being made at the very last moment. It will be a real challenge for Scruffy just to get so many CDs signed correctly and then mailed to the right people.

I think the biggest reason for the national criterion for participation may be the matter of payment. Schemes can vary a great deal between nations, even those we think of as very similar in many ways. When I was the membership secretary of a small (3,000 member) international engineering society in the 1980s, I learned more about this. One thing that surprised me was that the type of written "check" documenting a payment amount we have long used in the United States was not used in Japan, where we had very many members. Instead, our Japanese members would give us information about their bank from whom we would request a payment amount we would specify, almost as if we were withdrawing cash from our own bank account.

Alizée America includes people from dozens of nations on multiple continents. It would be an undue burden on Scruffy to negotiate a proper means for payment and then do a currency conversion as well. Here in the US, almost everyone has a checking account to pay bills (or can buy a US-dollar-denominated postal money order) they can use to pay Scruffy. His bank will accept these items and credit his bank account without any problems.

I hope Ronald in Holland and others overseas will now understand that no one in America wants to insult our friends in other countries. I am not anyone's spokesman, but I would be surprised if what I write here is wrong.

2, SCRUFFY'S YOUNG BUDAPEST-RESIDENT ASSISTANT, ARON

Because half of Alizée America lives outside of the United States, I was very pleased I could <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=155450#post155450">recruit</a> Aron, our new friend from Budapest, to help Scruffy during his visit with Alizée and also represent our overseas membership.

Some people think that instead of Aron, I should have tried to recruit someone living in Paris, because Scruffy's French is limited. Well, at least one American would disagree with my critics, as proven by the video immediately below.

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/THyTnt00b5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/THyTnt00b5I&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Can you imagine this woman working in a bank here and faced with the problem of handling a payment instrument from a foreign country? Perhaps not, but let me tell you a short story which really did happen.

Recall that the 1996 Olympics took place here in Georgia, USA, where I live. People could order attendance tickets by telephone back then. If you lived in the United States, you called one number, but if you lived elsewhere, you called another number.

The United States includes 50 provinces called federal states, among which is one named New Mexico. Sadly, an American living in New Mexico was unable to buy tickets from the US-ticket telephone agent, because she said she could not sell any tickets to someone outside the US. When the caller tried to explain again that he DID live in the US, in a state called New Mexico, the agent told him that "Sir, it doesn't matter if you live in new Mexico, or old Mexico, if you live in Mexico, you simply MUST call the foreign orders number to buy a ticket!" and hung up on him.

If I can paraphrase the late Jimmy Durante, "Good night <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj3iNxZ8Dww">Miss South Carolina</a>, wherever you are!"

Fusoya
03-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Probably too late, and I probably doesn't deserve it because I have been inactive a loooooong time, but I would love to get signed up though.
My name is Bjørnar.

Sorry for being inactive for so long, I'll try to log on more often!

Ronald
03-26-2010, 12:27 PM
I hope Ronald in Holland and others overseas will now understand that no one in America wants to insult our friends in other countries. I am not anyone's spokesman, but I would be surprised if what I write here is wrong.

Nowadays there are several ways to transfer money to the other side of the world in any currency. Paypal is the easiest for me but I'm sure the money would reach the states. Even if I have to pay some extra costs.

I just can't believe it. Just got home from work, finding out that the album is for download.

Now listening to it, and not enjoying it because of this. I'd better turn of my computer and only listen to her new album.....:eek:

Vil
03-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Mary Garcia if it's not too late!

Tiwaz
03-26-2010, 12:38 PM
1, NATIONAL CRITERION FOR A SIGNED CD

Alizée America is visited by comparable numbers of people who live in the United States and who live outside of the United States. As an American, I think it is wonderful we can welcome so many friends from so many countries at this Web site. My own late parents were born overseas and were naturalized as Americans shortly before I was born in the US.

I hope there will not be undue hurt feelings if few of the signed CDs will reach people outside of the United States. All these arrangements are being made at the very last moment. It will be a real challenge for Scruffy just to get so many CDs signed correctly and then mailed to the right people.

I think the biggest reason for the national criterion for participation may be the matter of payment. Schemes can vary a great deal between nations, even those we think of as very similar in many ways. When I was the membership secretary of a small (3,000 member) international engineering society in the 1980s, I learned more about this. One thing that surprised me was that the type of written "check" documenting a payment amount we have long used in the United States was not used in Japan, where we had very many members. Instead, our Japanese members would give us information about their bank from whom we would request a payment amount we would specify, almost as if we were withdrawing cash from our own bank account.

Alizée America includes people from dozens of nations on multiple continents. It would be an undue burden on Scruffy to negotiate a proper means for payment and then do a currency conversion as well. Here in the US, almost everyone has a checking account to pay bills (or can buy a US-dollar-denominated postal money order) they can use to pay Scruffy. His bank will accept these items and credit his bank account without any problems.

I wouldnt mind paying a generous amount for the extra trouble if that would help...
It's 2010, you can send money via internet in an instant.

gumby_dammit
03-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Thank you so much for doing this!

Add my name to the list as Scott

highdefdude
03-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Nowadays there are several ways to transfer money to the other side of the world in any currency. Paypal is the easiest for me but I'm sure the money would reach the states. Even if I have to pay some extra costs.

I just can't believe it. Just got home from work, finding out that the album is for download.

Now listening to it, and not enjoying it because of this. I'd better turn of my computer and only listen to her new album.....:eek:

Ik geef je helemaal gelijk !!!! (That means: +1 :eek:!!!)

And if non-US members are excluded, don't send notifications to non-US members !

And ever thought of the possibillity that they meant 'Alizee-america fan's' by the remark "american fan's", assuming that
members of this forum all are american ??

Right..?

FanDeAliFee
03-26-2010, 02:07 PM

"Any currency" may be too strong a phrase for someone who doesn't want a headache.

Last year I was discussing Internet media piracy with a friend in an affluent Central American country. She said people there were all but "forced" into piracy because no one wanted to fill their orders. I looked into the currencies which Paypal supported - there were only about a couple dozen. Other than the Mexican peso, I believe there were (almost?) none in Latin America. (The REALLY weird thing was that the Mexico Paypal site used English, not Spanish! The Spain site uses Spanish.)

After Mexico, perhaps Peru has the most Alizée fans in Latin America. There are even a few Peruvians who visit here. What would Scruffy say to them if he had chosen to handle Euro-zone requests? America is not the whole world - and neither is Europe. Scruffy had to draw the line somewhere. He didn't even have to agree to handle 50 requests - he originally said he would only do ten. And he could have refused to do any.

Again, I can only guess at why others chose to do as they do. Maybe they will explain. Maybe Ronald could have solicited requests for Euro-zone orders and taken a train ride to Paris, which costs much less than an airplane ride across the Atlantic. He still can. It is not for me to say.

user472884
03-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Ik geef je helemaal gelijk !!!! (That means: +1 :eek:!!!)

And if non-US members are excluded, don't send notifications to non-US members !

And ever thought of the possibillity that they meant 'Alizee-america fan's' by the remark "american fan's", assuming that
members of this forum all are american ??

Right..?

No, I do think they mean American fans. They have specifically mentioned their Japanese and Mexican fans. If they meant the forum entire, then I think they would have used a broader adjective.

desmodromic
03-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys, if I'm not too late I'd love one for "RANDY"

lefty12357
03-26-2010, 04:56 PM
I will also support the insurance thing. We can't let Scruffy down!

User22
03-26-2010, 05:01 PM
I will chip in my $40 bucks-ish...hope i will somewhat help...well the CD with shipping will be about $40 anyway...but hey i am benefitting her:D:D:D

sdbez
03-26-2010, 05:36 PM
I would like one if it isn't too late.

Steve

CALJ35
03-26-2010, 05:54 PM
Count me in. Put my name down as Jerry. Thanks

Ben
03-26-2010, 06:49 PM
I hope Ronald in Holland and others overseas will now understand that no one in America wants to insult our friends in other countries.
Absolutely. Let me address this one last time. First, we're limited to 50 CDs, so they're going to be disappointed fans in any country.

Second, the staff at Virgin and Alizée's team specifically said that she will "kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans." That's what we were told. It's been suggested that can include Mexico and Canada, though Mexico has other autograph opportunities, and I think it's important to represent some fans who don't normally get the chance. Of course international members are welcome here, but a goal of the site has always been to promote Alizée in North America.

Last, please realize that there's been a huge time pressure on all of this. We just found out yesterday, and Scruffy leaves for Paris tomorrow. Once he returns and we know the exact price of the CDs, we'll set up a system of paying through the website for extra insurance, and Scruff will have to mail out all the discs. He's only one man. We don't have time to arrange individual shipping costs and methods for each one. Only sending the email to US fans is a point, though I don't know if that's possible. And if so, again we had to get the ball rolling right away and didn't have time to check.

Sorry again if some people are upset by this. The past couple days have been a real roller coaster ride for all of us, and we're just trying to do our best!

User22
03-26-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry again if some people are upset by this. The past couple days have been a real roller coaster ride for all of us, and we're just trying to do our best!

Thanks so much for trying your best Ben and Scruff, I know I did it somewhat but let's not try and bombard them with requests...

Dark Engine
03-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Lets just hope none of these end up on EBay, otherwise that would be really disappointing. But it makes you wondering, will these 50 also be some kind of limited edition?

Future Raptor Ace
03-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Absolutely. Let me address this one last time. First, we're limited to 50 CDs, so they're going to be disappointed fans in any country.

Second, the staff at Virgin and Alizée's team specifically said that she will "kindly sign 50 copies of her new album for her american fans." That's what we were told. It's been suggested that can include Mexico and Canada, though Mexico has other autograph opportunities, and I think it's important to represent some fans who don't normally get the chance. Of course international members are welcome here, but a goal of the site has always been to promote Alizée in North America.

Last, please realize that there's been a huge time pressure on all of this. We just found out yesterday, and Scruffy leaves for Paris in a couple days. Once he returns and we know the exact price of the CDs, we'll set up a system of paying through the website for extra insurance, and Scruff will have to mail out all the discs. He's only one man. We don't have time to arrange individual shipping costs and methods for each one. Only sending the email to US fans is a point, though I don't know if that's possible, and if so, again we had to get the ball rolling right away and didn't have time.

hey Ben, maybe we should make the 50 who are selected to pay a $15 down payment towards the ($30 +) before the cds are bought. Just an idea....

woohoo
03-26-2010, 07:42 PM
How will we know if we got chosen in the 50 though? The pressure is killing me...

just wait.

ALS
03-26-2010, 07:52 PM
hey Ben, maybe we should make the 50 who are selected to pay a $15 down payment towards the ($30 +) before the cds are bought. Just an idea....

I'll agree with that one. At least this way you're making sure they really want the CD.

Plus try to sell a signed CD with someone elses name on it.:rolleyes:

Personally I have no problem paying up front for the opportunity of getting one. There is a lot of money and work involve with this promotion and I wouldn't want to see Ben and Scruffy get burned even on one CD.

kfeltenberger
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't have a problem putting up the cost of the CD upfront and then settling for shipping. Or for that matter coming up with a slightly higher projected cost and letting the organizers have the difference for their trouble.

Kurt

Ben
03-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Good idea, but I don't think there's time to do down payments before Scruffy leaves. Don't worry about the money guys, we'll settle it when he gets back.

Future Raptor Ace
03-26-2010, 08:12 PM
I'll agree with that one. At least this way you're making sure they really want the CD.

Plus try to sell a signed CD with someone elses name on it.:rolleyes:

Personally I have no problem paying up front for the opportunity of getting one. There is a lot of money and work involve with this promotion and I wouldn't want to see Ben and Scruffy get burned even on one CD.
Agreed, someone who makes a commitment and doesn't pay would lose all respect in my eyes; plus they are taking the opportunity away from someone-else
Good idea, but I don't think there's time to do down payments before Scruffy leaves. Don't worry about the money guys, we'll settle it when he gets back.
oh ok Ben, I just dont want to see people to be out money in trying to do something nice

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-26-2010, 08:21 PM
K, said I wouldn't post here again, but I gotta. I was wondering where she will be signing the album? If she signs the plastic case, it's possible that even permanent marker could be damaged in shipping. So my question is thus: how are they being shipped? In a padded envelope, or in a small box, what? Ps, THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH, DOC, BEN, AND SCRUFFY!

Tchaikovsky
03-26-2010, 08:28 PM

When is scruffy leaving?

Ben
03-26-2010, 08:31 PM
I was wondering where she will be signing the album?
No idea. Maybe there will be a stash of opened albums, or staff to open them, so she can sign the booklet? Don't know. It's another reason why certain details like shipping will have to wait to be determined after Scruffy returns.

When is scruffy leaving?
Tomorrow.

paintballpdh19
03-26-2010, 08:34 PM
No idea. Maybe there will be a stash of opened albums, or staff to open them, so she can sign the booklet? Don't know. It's another reason why certain details like shipping will have to wait to be determined after Scruffy returns.

Tomorrow.

is there a list of names of the people getting them?

arkadas
03-26-2010, 09:25 PM
I'm way too late, but if there one left I want it! My name is Jim.

Fall
03-26-2010, 09:56 PM
I think we also have to remember that there really only is room for 40 signed CDs, besides the original 10.

User22
03-26-2010, 10:26 PM

Yah don't worry guys, she is an elite penman after these almost 10 years she has been a star. She knows where and how to sign them:D and don't take this as being mean. and it especially wasn't aimed towards Ben:o

I'm tired...but I should be on here for awhile...ugh...I am such a Lilly Addict but it is so awesome and I'M GETTING MY ALIZEE FIX!(yah my sister thinks Alizee is my drug haha(well she really is:D))

Future Raptor Ace
03-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Yah don't worry guys, she is an elite penman after these almost 10 years she has been a star. She knows where and how to sign them:D and don't take this as being mean. and it especially wasn't aimed towards Ben:o

I'm tired...but I should be on here for awhile...ugh...I am such a Lilly Addict but it is so awesome and I'M GETTING MY ALIZEE FIX!(yah my sister thinks Alizee is my drug haha(well she really is:D))
^ hahaha dont worry man, we are all in the same boat here, just relax and all will be well!

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
03-26-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm in :) if it's not too late would it be possible to have it signed to George PLEASE!! :D

User22
03-26-2010, 11:44 PM
^ hahaha dont worry man, we are all in the same boat here, just relax and all will be well!

now I can sleep well knowing I'm not the only one:)

WyomingGrizFan
03-27-2010, 12:17 AM
I'll go for one, if there's any left over. Name is Frank. Is PayPal cool? Of course, I'm probably too late but it's worth the effort to try. Just in case. Mighty nice of Alizée in doing this.

user472884
03-27-2010, 01:06 AM
So, what is the list now? like 150 people? :)

Rev
03-27-2010, 03:32 AM
At least. However let me add my name in case you are looking a longevity as a factor.

Thanks, Rev. :)

PS - Scruffy - Whether or not I end up on the list, is there any way of conveying the following message to her:

"Good work. You are really beginning to shine."
"Rev"

Thanks.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Scruffydog777
03-27-2010, 07:52 AM
Hi Rev,
I know you're a long time fan and will try to include you at this late stage.
Please e-mail me of how you want your name signed. A one word answer please.
dh777@comcast.net

At least. However let me add my name in case you are looking a longevity as a factor.

Thanks, Rev. :)

PS - Scruffy - Whether or not I end up on the list, is there any way of conveying the following message to her:

"Good work. You are really beginning to shine."
"Rev"

Thanks.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

Bigbobo
03-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Whether I get a CD or not, I just want to say thank you to Ben, Scruffy, and for starting this docdtv.

Fugas
03-27-2010, 12:02 PM
I want to one for Tom ,please. I hope it's not too late

Edcognito
03-27-2010, 12:11 PM
Heh, I'm expecting to see Rocket or Radioactive Man coming out of the woodwork any moment! Maybe "AFrenchie" or "GarconCanadien" too! Nice to see some of the other "old timers..."

Of course, that could just be a function of my age...:o:o:o:o

RadioactiveMan
03-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Heh, I'm expecting to see Rocket or Radioactive Man coming out of the woodwork any moment! Maybe "AFrenchie" or "GarconCanadien" too! Nice to see some of the other "old timers..."
Of course, that could just be a function of my age...

Way ahead of you amigo. ;)

If you're feeling rebellious or you're just especially fond of me, an autograph for Travis (bolding optional) in the frozen wastelands of Canada would not go unappreciated.

Chommpers
03-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Of course, that could just be a function of my age...:o:o:o:o

Maybe and Chommpers too :)

Hey, I am probably too late, but if there is room I would like one signed to Daniel P. This is really nice of Alizée, thanks for all the hard work Scruffy and everyone else who made this possible.

Also sorry everyone for being gone such a long time. School and a new girlfriend have been quite demanding of my time. If things cool down over summer I might begin posting as normal, still a big fan, cya guys around.

TheBarrett
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Hey, I am probably too late, but if there is room I would like one signed to Daniel P. This is really nice of Alizée, thanks for all the hard work Scruffy and everyone else who made this possible.

Also sorry everyone for being gone such a long time. School and a new girlfriend have been quite demanding of my time. If things cool down over summer I might begin posting as normal, still a big fan, cya guys around.

(hugs*)

(backs off slightly*)

(hugs again*)

User22
03-27-2010, 03:45 PM
(hugs*)

(backs off slightly*)

(hugs again*)

thankfully that's not me...

Edcognito
03-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Heheh!

Glad to see you too Chommpers! RAM! Its like old home week! :)

fsquared
03-27-2010, 05:22 PM
Yeah, reunion! We need a few more like cooney and nurvonic.

Thanks so much for all your efforts, Ben and Scruffydog777!

AlizéeInspired
03-27-2010, 06:14 PM

My name is also Daniel P. :cool: lol. But im sure I have a different last name than you though.

MiamMiam
03-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Haha I totally forgot about Rocket, but yeah she needs to post so I don't feel so totally outnumbered!

Future Raptor Ace
03-27-2010, 07:05 PM
Haha I totally forgot about Rocket, but yeah she needs to post so I don't feel so totally outnumbered!
trust me, rocket is still here and posts ;)
but to get back on topic.............. wow i am so anxious to see if I made the list or not

fsquared
03-27-2010, 10:23 PM
trust me, rocket is still here and posts ;)
but to get back on topic.............. wow i am so anxious to see if I made the list or not

Hm...last post of Rocket according to her profile seems to have been almost a year ago. Of course I have been even more absent :)

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-27-2010, 10:31 PM
Didn't rocket post on one of the 'Her...' threads? I remember someone saying it was a 'rocket' thread, or someting. Sorry, can't figure how to search for it. Too generic, it would probably show far too many results. Can't imagine how many times someone has said 'rocket' without meaning the member's name!

ALS
03-27-2010, 10:58 PM

I popped over to the members page and saw that Rocket stopped in on Jan 30th of this year. I guess she is still staying in touch with the board off and on.

Obviously you haven't met Karlalizée yet.

Or simply Karla.

She has been holding down the fort while the rest of our female members have been absent.

User22
03-27-2010, 11:13 PM
yah....does anyone have an estimate of what the guy to girl ratio on the site is?

I think it to be 80% guys 20% girls

MiamMiam
03-27-2010, 11:19 PM
Haha it's probably more like 95% guys and 5% girls I'd imagine. Granted I haven't been on really in over a year, so maybe it's changed.

TheBarrett
03-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Haha it's probably more like 95% guys and 5% girls I'd imagine. Granted I haven't been on really in over a year, so maybe it's changed.

95.7 to 4.3 actually.
Of course I rounded down on the guy ratio end. :cool:

User22
03-27-2010, 11:29 PM
95.7 to 4.3 actually.
Of course I rounded down on the guy ratio end. :cool:

gotcha thanks...so now I know that this is just a creeper site haha:D

MiamMiam
03-27-2010, 11:36 PM
Hah it's always been a creepy site!

User22
03-27-2010, 11:39 PM
Yah especially with all the twins, "Her...", and talking about her C-section threads.

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, thanks! Actually, the male to female ratio on this site has always wierded me out a bit. My little belongs to some American female artist forums, like lady gaga, britney spears, and katy perry, and from what I have seen, they are primarily female. Justs goes to show that Alizée has true appeal, not only to 13 year old fan girls. But hey, guess the girls here are actually girls, I am willing to bet most 'girls' on other sites are just guys, too afraid to admit being fans. If you've seen my albums, you know that I am not afraid to admit I am a fan! Fifty Sixty, after all, is my ringtone!

MiamMiam
03-27-2010, 11:47 PM
Yah especially with all the twins, "Her...", and talking about her C-section threads.

Haha I'm glad I missed those threads then. But yeah we need girls on this site, so it's not just all guys that are in love with her! Though honestly I know most of you do appreciate her music.

User22
03-27-2010, 11:49 PM
Haha I'm glad I missed those threads then. But yeah we need girls on this site, so it's not just all guys that are in love with her! Though honestly I know most of you do appreciate her music.

Yah I definitely appreciate her works...i mean works...uhhh nvmd:rolleyes:

Edcognito
03-27-2010, 11:51 PM

And speaking of music, got one of my co-workers to listen to "Never gonna leave you..." She asked who it was, and I said I wasn't going to tell her...:D

NOW she's been calling the office, like, every ten minutes wanting me to reveal my source... I"m going to point her to this site and the official site *just* before I leave in the morning...

I'm such an ebil-bastage!:)

*it really is nice to see everyone back!

MiamMiam
03-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Lol Ed that is evil! I'd probably do the same thing though :D

User22
03-27-2010, 11:57 PM
And speaking of music, got one of my co-workers to listen to "Never gonna leave you..." She asked who it was, and I said I wasn't going to tell her...:D

NOW she's been calling the office, like, every ten minutes wanting me to reveal my source... I"m going to point her to this site and the official site *just* before I leave in the morning...

I'm such an ebil-bastage!:)

*it really is nice to see everyone back!

what you need to do is go into work like a bit before she does...sign in on her computer...and play the video full screen:D

Edcognito
03-28-2010, 12:16 AM
what you need to do is go into work like a bit before she does...sign in on her computer...and play the video full screen:D

I've got to show it to her before I leave this morning... she would probably kill me otherwise... :D

Chommpers
03-28-2010, 12:35 AM
(hugs*)

(backs off slightly*)

(hugs again*)

Good to see you too Barrett *hugs*

Heheh!

Glad to see you too Chommpers! RAM! Its like old home week! :)

Thanks Ed, nice to see you too. :D

My name is also Daniel P. :cool: lol. But im sure I have a different last name than you though.

Yeah I seen your post a while back, thought the same thing. Pretty cool. :D

Sorry this is off-topic, just wanted to say hey, back to discussion now. Waiting to hear from you Scruffy, this is just too cool and thanks again for going through all this trouble.

User22
03-28-2010, 01:03 AM
I've got to show it to her before I leave this morning... she would probably kill me otherwise

Man...another girl added to the forum?

Tchaikovsky
03-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Man...another girl added to the forum?

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

user472884
03-28-2010, 01:50 AM
wow, we're up to like.... at least 3 whole girls now!

KC Kcrooner
03-28-2010, 02:20 AM
Hoping to get a signed copy of cd for "KC Qui Qui" Alizee, you are peachy

FanDeAliFee
03-28-2010, 03:14 AM
(I wonder if we are getting too far off-topic and whether one of the Forum Gods might dispatch our discussion of demography to a new thread.)

yah....does anyone have an estimate of what the guy to girl ratio on the site is?

I think it to be 80% guys 20% girls

Your question might be more precise. Do you mean people registered as members? Or maybe people who look here, or people who post here? Do raw bodies count, or does one weight the demographics by the number of minutes per week someone participates, etc.?

In any event, while this site is low profile, I did unearth a limited number of Web auditor statistics on which I reported at <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153754&postcount=353"><i>How do they see through our clothes from online?</i></a>.

When I started reading this Web site, I found it rather odd that it was typical for posting members to use a photo of the Corsican girl as an avatar (to represent their OWN identity!) Surely not all of them are young French women who sing and dance - or imagine they are, I said to myself. During the Ventrillo conference we held while the recent liveblogging broadcast took place, I even gently inquired if some of the people were trannies or something.

Taking it a step further, it could be the case that many of our members are actually females PRETENDING to be males, so that they have the same plumbing as Alizée, and the avatar pictures are less anomolous than I had imagined.

Of course, this is not the end of my confusion about some of Alizée's fans.

I do think some of Alizée's dancing was VERY sexy, but certainly NOT the much-celebrated "Night Elf Dance" move at the end of <i>JEAM</i>! Am I crazy, or was she simply trying to dramatize how a fish swims? Remember, in the staging of the official music video for <i>JEAM!</i>, Alizée WAS the goldfish! She told <i>FunTV</i> so herself.

Now, if you got all hot and bothered by the Night Elf Dance, I would say that it is not impossible you are a latent <i>transphibian</i>. It's been three decades since their struggle for toleration began (see the video below), and only the most backward people are not on board by now. So why not just come out of the aquarium and accept who you are? We won't like you any less!

<center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DK33Ji2imjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DK33Ji2imjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

Note: <i>[Andy] Warhol strongly influenced the New Wave/punk rock band Devo</i> -<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Warhol">source</a>

User22
03-28-2010, 09:09 AM
haha i read the first sentence of your post then your last....girls and Andy Warhol....they definitely mix haha. but yah im talking about registered members

Edcognito
03-28-2010, 12:22 PM
I do think some of Alizée's dancing was VERY sexy, but certainly NOT the much-celebrated "Night Elf Dance" move at the end of JEAM! Am I crazy, or was she simply trying to dramatize how a fish swims? Remember, in the staging of the official music video for JEAM!, Alizée WAS the goldfish! She told FunTV so herself.

I always thought that was the impression of the dance.... :blink: Didn't everybody? I thought that was obvious?

Still kewl tho...:o:o:o:o

User22
03-28-2010, 12:49 PM
I always thought that was the impression of the dance.... :blink: Didn't everybody? I thought that was obvious?

Still kewl tho...:o:o:o:o

yah she knew that and im assuming all of us knew that. But she actually knows the Night Elf Dance was inspired by her JEAM dance...

Ruroshen
03-28-2010, 03:04 PM
OK, I think it's safe to say that sign ups are now closed, and that the thread has started to drift a little off-topic, so imma close it now. :p

Updates about Scruffy's trip to Paris and meeting with Alizée can be found in this thread here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5492).

General news and discussion about the autograph signing itself can be found in this thread here (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5447).

Ben
04-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Updated the first post of this thread with the following info:

By now most (if not all) of you who got a CD signed in your name should have received word from Scruffy or myself. If you want your disc shipped outside the US, or need to pay with cash, check, or money order, please contact Scruffydog777 (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/member.php?u=1762) directly to make the arrangements.

Everyone else can pay via the form donation paypal page here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/billspaypal.php

Be sure to include your shipping address and username at checkout. The cost of the CD is:

$28.50 for standard shipping with delivery confirmation
or
$36.50 for registered mail with added security

Anything optionally sent beyond the above amounts will be considered a forum donation, and go to help offsetting our costs. Thanks!

ALS
04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks Ben, my donation is in and Scruffy can ship mine $28.50 for standard shipping with delivery confirmation.

Thank you

Al

User22
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Ok so can anyone help me.

before Scruff went over he sent a PM saying I was in and would have mine signed.

He got back and sais he PM'd mostly everyone that got one. I don't know why he PM'd everyone a 2nd time. So I am susure about this. I DIDN"T GET THIS PM.

So do you guys think I should pay the money or wait a while for confirmation that I have got the CD signed from Scruff? And also not being pushy or anything but Scruff hasn't replied to any of my recent messages. SOryy Im just in a tight situation right now and am nervous...thanks to everyone. Please help

puffyrock2
04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
I made a donation for the $28.50 for my CD just now. I never did get a PM saying i got one, however, in one of the videos you could very clearly see my name on the list.

So i wouldn't get too nervous Aaron, i don't think everyone was notified yet.