PDA

View Full Version : [2010-03-29] Support Alizée! New Charts-in-France Campaign!

Chuck
03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
Hello, Everyone - I posted this earlier today on the 'Alizée Net Teams' thread - to little avail. So here it is again, on a new thread of its own:

Hey all - we've been asked to add our voices to the newest Charts-In-France Article about Lili! And to be loud!

The article today is specifically about the launch party last week, more generally about the launch of the album today.

Afrique du Sud, Jenny, Nize, everyone from other Alizée forums, COULD YOU GUYS POSSIBLY PUT SIMILAR ANNOUNCEMENTS ON YOUR SITES, TOO? THE MORE WORLDWIDE PARTICIPATION, THE BETTER!!

(Everyone else: Could somebody start PM'ing those people ^ (and anyone else) about doing this today? I'm really pressed-for-time at the moment.)

EVERYONE: Go to the links below to get to the C.I.F. page, scroll down to the bottom, and leave a good, in-depth comment! In English, or whatever language you like. (Last time, we tried just posting short comments, and a lot of Frenchmen started making fun of us. :mad: )

Click on my signature, or this here:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/news-69740.html

AND LET 'EM HEAR YOU! SUPPORT YOUR ALIZÉE TODAY!!!

((- Aside to C-4: if we're loud enough here, this may be where your previous letter is going to reappear, from what I hear... -))

lefty12357
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Sorry for not responding but I did make a comment over at CIF after I saw your post. Thanks for keeping us informed about this, Chuck !

Edcognito
03-29-2010, 07:06 PM
Made my post (think its #59)... we shall see....

Chuck
03-29-2010, 07:18 PM
Awesomeness, guys! SAdly, I`m busy as hell today, so I`m running AROunD and checking in here when I can.....

Anyway, to Wasabi and anyone else wondering what to do there, just scroll waaaaaaay down the Charts-In-France page until you see "ajouter un commentaire" (add a comment), click that, and then just write something (sensible) about what you think of Alizée or how you feel about the new album! Use English or whatever language you want, but try to write more than just one sentence this time around.

wasabi622
03-29-2010, 07:22 PM
Awesomeness, guys! SAdly, I`m busy as hell today, so I`m running AROunD and checking in here when I can.....

Anyway, to Wasabi and anyone else wondering what to do there, just scroll waaaaaaay down the Charts-In-France page until you see "ajouter un commentaire" (add a comment), click that, and then just write something (sensible) about what you think of Alizée or how you feel about the new album! Use English or whatever language you want, but try to write more than just one sentence this time around.

Ahh, yes I see. Very well than, WILCO!

lefty12357
03-29-2010, 07:26 PM
And just a reminder, you'll have to go to the last page to see your comment. New comments are added at the end, not the beginning.

dudefot1
03-29-2010, 10:45 PM
Ahh, yes I see. Very well than, WILCO!

Wilco? I thought you meant the band but then i realized it stood for "will comply."

wasabi622
03-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Wilco? I thought you meant the band but then i realized it stood for "will comply."

Hahaaa, yes, I meant will comply. Army jargon does pop in every once a while, it's a occupational hazard. :p

Chuck
03-29-2010, 11:24 PM
The Band Wilco????

Just don`t say "Roger Wilco" or Wasabi comes after you!!

wasabi622
03-29-2010, 11:28 PM
The Band Wilco????

Just don`t say "Roger Wilco" or Wasabi comes after you!!

Hahaa, yes.

Well actually, it's the hollywood "roger, over and out!" stupidity at it's finest right there. :p

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-29-2010, 11:40 PM
I'd love to help, but just like RA, my cellphone can't do this... Man, I feel so useless! Alizée, I have failed you again! *runs to room, slams doo, and cries for six hours

Roman
03-30-2010, 01:21 AM
It is amazing how many comments were there. I guess people really do pay attention to chartsinfrance. Or is it just because you all posted there already? :)
Anyway, I understand that some people really are bothered that Alizée has to be there, but it looked like certain people just hate her and are more on a mission to counter the positive comments than the other way around from what I read in the beginning. Either way, she has adherents and detractors. Oh well. She'll have to continue to deal with it.

Edcognito
03-30-2010, 07:29 AM
It is amazing how many comments were there. I guess people really do pay attention to chartsinfrance. Or is it just because you all posted there already? :)
Anyway, I understand that some people really are bothered that Alizée has to be there, but it looked like certain people just hate her and are more on a mission to counter the positive comments than the other way around from what I read in the beginning. Either way, she has adherents and detractors. Oh well. She'll have to continue to deal with it.

From what I was able to deduce from bablefish's translation, it looked like some people there (again) thought this was a marketing thing by her record company...

"ahem... to hell with them..."

Chuck
03-31-2010, 01:03 AM

From what I was able to deduce from bablefish's translation, it looked like some people there (again) thought this was a marketing thing by her record company...

"ahem... to hell with them..."

Hi, it's been a loooong couple days for me*, but I'm back here to re-bump this post, and try to reassure you AAm Members of a couple things:
1) This is not "a marketing thing from the record company", (or if it is, I don't know that, I'm not getting paid by them, and I don't even care);
2) No matter what it is, as Ed said "to hell with them!" I believe we should keep at this anyway. A very clever and very good friend of ours in France (Roman knows who I mean) thinks this CIF thing is still important. And That's Good Enough For Me!

Let me also say this - last night I was busy writing to some of our contacts at other Alizée fansites: Germany, India, Afrique du Sud's, Italy, and our great friends at Alizee-Latino. Suddenly (w/ huge thanks to Ronda), it's the Latinos that are now posting the most on ChartsInFrance! Nothing wrong with that, except that the number of English-language posts has fallen off.. That looks kinda BAD! :mad:

Why bad? Well get this: the video of Scruffy and Aron's special autograph session was posted on the Lillytown forum! There's a chance they're even going to be shown in a clip on the nightly news tomorrow! So now, more than ever, France KNOWS about us American fans. The Goddess Herself HAS responded to us, and her French fans know that, too. (And some of them really hate us for that, too!)

So as I see it, we've GOT to show that we really do support her now. Now because now is when the new CD is out, and so many of the French critics and French media are all nosing around for a story. WE can help sway that, so that they'll want to portray her as a SUCCESS story.

So SUPPORT ALIZEE! CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE TO GO ADD YOUR COMMENTS, COMPLIMENTS, OR JUST TO SAY "THANKS"!

it's actually easy! and it's the least we can do! :D

(*Not only was i up late last night, but now i'm here on a spring-break "vacation" today! I brought this trusty laptop with, but does anybody in the family let me use it? so i'm writing here late tonight, too.)

Fèvier
03-31-2010, 11:50 AM
well i finally got some time to post something without my parents coming into the room and telling me to get back to working on my projects :rolleyes:.

So here's what I said, hopefully it's good:

Alizée, what else can I say but thank you for all you have done for me and for every fan that's out there. Sadly I am from the United States and know little to no French and somewhat tight on money. So my chances of every seeing you on tour is very slim. I do have family in México and I could use that as an excuse to go to one of your concerts if you have one this summer ;). You really made many Americans happy with the private 30 minute autograph session to sign 50+ CDs for some lucky fans. Hope you come to America and check us out on AlizeeAmerica.com

Chuck
03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
Magical! Thanks, Bean! Very nice. Hey everyone, let's keep at this, it could really make a difference!

AfriqueDuSud
03-31-2010, 12:52 PM
There some to be some dazed and confused french folks out there at the moment :)

Edcognito
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
There some to be some dazed and confused french folks out there at the moment :)

sounds like there are some very bitter french folks out there as well:

cet album raconte surtout que son interprète est une simplette sans moindre charisme, sans talent, vide , niaise, insipide! une niaiseuse dont la production a sans doute décider de tenter le "tout pour le tout" pour essayer en vain de la faire perdurer! il y a quoi d'alizée là-dedans à part un souffle vocale nulissime?
franchement c'est nul et je l'affirme haut et fort...c'est NUL NUL NUL et j'ai honte pour la France d'avoir en ses rangs une benête pareille!
pis bon...toi qui écoute en boucle...alors écoute et arrête de poster des centaines de messages élogieux pour créer le buzz en faisant croire que les gens s'intéresse...ça va être un flop bien prévisible! qui est assez débile en 2010 d'acheter du alizée!! autant se taper les single de cindy sanders ou le best of des L5 !

Translation:

this album especially tells that its interpreter is a simplette without less charisma, without talent, empty, niaise, insipid! niaiseuse whose production has to undoubtedly decide to try the " very for the tout" to try in vain to make it perdurer! there is what d' geostrophic in it with share a breath vocal nulissime? frankly c' is null and I l' affirm and strong… c' high; is NULL NULL NULL and j' have shame for France d' to have in its rows a similar benête! worse good… you who listens in loop… then listening and stops poster of the hundreds of eulogistic messages to create the buzz while making believe that s' people; interest… that will be a quite foreseeable failure! who is rather weak in 2010 d' to buy the geostrophic one!! as much to type individual cindy sanders or the best off of L5!

Ed:mad:

Fall
03-31-2010, 03:36 PM
I wrote a little bit on there as well :)

The new album is really incredible. I really enjoy all of the songs on it, and I especially like the music video for Les Collines. I look forward to seeing more from Alizée, from interviews, to performances, tv spots, everything. Living in the United States makes this more difficult, I can't turn on my TV and see her talking about her latest album, or performing. Using a computer to get all this is no big deal, but I want to experience the action that the French and Mexican fans do, and be able to see and do all the things I mentioned above. I support her all the way, and I hope that one day I can go to an Alizée concert, here in the US, and I'm not the only one. We are here, and we are many ;)

Fall06 - alizeeamerica.com -

wasabi622
03-31-2010, 05:03 PM
Curses.. everyone is writing such long thoughtful comments! I shall have to wait until I have decent time to write just as eloquently. :p

Toc De Mac
03-31-2010, 07:59 PM
Comment posted. :)

Chuck
03-31-2010, 11:06 PM
....there's a chance they're even going to be shown in a clip on the nightly news tomorrow! So now, more than ever, France KNOWS about us American fans. The Goddess Herself HAS responded to us, and her French fans know that, too. (And some of them really hate us for that, too!)

:eek::eek::eek:AS IT HAPPENED - THEY WERE ON TV !!!!! :eek::eek::eek: ON NATIONAL FRENCH CHANNEL M6 !!!!! & OUR LETTER, TOO !!!!!

EDIT: HERE "WE" ARE ON TELEVISION! ( Okay, I just found this now and realize it`s elsewhere on the forum already. As usual, I'm the last to know! )

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBzAFsjmSQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kWBzAFsjmSQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

MOST OF THAT'S JUST FILLER, BUT WHEN YOU GET TO 6:45 - WOWWWW!!!!!!!!

So as I see it, we've GOT to show that we really do support her now. Now because now is when the new CD is out, and so many of the French critics and French media are all nosing around for a story. WE can help sway that, so that they'll want to portray her as a SUCCESS story.

So SUPPORT ALIZEE! CLICK ON MY SIGNATURE TO GO ADD YOUR COMMENTS, COMPLIMENTS, OR JUST TO SAY "THANKS"!

It's actually easy! and it's the least we can do! :D

Alex
04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
We got to keep on showing our loyalty, support and gratitude to Alizée. Let's keep on posting our comments, after all its the least thing we can do as gratitude after she received Scruffy and AlizéeAmerica. :)

Fall
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
I'll try to post when I think of something to write.. I'm not good with writing up stuff, I have a few moments here and there :o

wasabi622
04-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Eh, I don't know how useful my comments are. I just say "I love Alizée" in 4 different languages.. I think it gets my point across. :p

Chuck
04-03-2010, 02:07 AM
Hey all, don't be discouraged by feeling discouraged! Four languages are pretty impressive, T! Still, sincerity always shines through, too.

In the last few days, I've been surprised by the number of really mean comments on C.I.F., coming from French folks. Not the overwhelming majority, by any means, but a lot more than you'd expect. Some are saying Lilly's new sound is "stupid" and "inane", some are calling it "shameful". WTF! :blink:

At least no one's been laughing at us Americans like they did on previous polls. They know we're for real and dead serious. So it might help to go out there and try to offset those haters. Or just call 'em out on it!

Also, since the thread there is specifically about the launch party, and we've all seen clips of that, perhaps we could mention what we thought of that.

And of course, we could mention how we feel about the autograph session! :eek: :wub:

Those are just a couple ideas, but (almost) any others will do, too.

To Alex, special thanks for helping promote this thing - both here and on Alizée-Latino!

AfriqueDuSud
04-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I see there are 145 comments on there, not sure how many are from this campaign, but good job!

It's really difficult to get response from people to actually go do something, so I can appreciate it.

Fenris
04-03-2010, 05:29 AM
Hey all, don't be discouraged by feeling discouraged! Four languages are pretty impressive, T! Still, sincerity always shines through, too.

In the last few days, I've been surprised by the number of really mean comments on C.I.F., coming from French folks. Not the overwhelming majority, by any means, but a lot more than you'd expect. Some are saying Lilly's new sound is "stupid" and "inane", some are calling it "shameful". WTF! :blink:

At least no one's been laughing at us Americans like they did on previous polls. They know we're for real and dead serious. So it might help to go out there and try to offset those haters. Or just call 'em out on it!

Also, since the thread there is specifically about the launch party, and we've all seen clips of that, perhaps we could mention what we thought of that.

And of course, we could mention how we feel about the autograph session! :eek: :wub:

Those are just a couple ideas, but (almost) any others will do, too.

To Alex, special thanks for helping promote this thing - both here and on Alizée-Latino!

Yes, there are lots of mean comments coming from the french, but also some frenchies commenting of how ashamed they are that Alizée is so badly received in her own country, while loved à l'étranger.

Things are not looking good for france, guess she needs our support now more than ever.

lefty12357
04-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I've left some comments there and I will leave some more.

The one recommendation I have is to not engage in a battle of insults with these people. These guys would love nothing more than to distract you from your main mission and drag you down to their level. And remember, not all of the comments are insults.

Take the high road and your comment will carry more weight, and focus on Alizée and UEDS.
After all, we are there to promote Alizée. :)

AfriqueDuSud
04-03-2010, 01:52 PM
I've left some comments there and I will leave some more.

The one recommendation I have is to not engage in a battle of insults with these people. These guys would love nothing more than to distract you from your main mission and drag you down to their level. And remember, not all of the comments are insults.

Take the high road and your comment will carry more weight, and focus on Alizée and UEDS.
After all, we are there to promote Alizée. :)

Agreed, its incredibly tempting to get a little carried away with the arguments, but let's not add fuel the fire :)

Fenris
04-04-2010, 11:55 AM
It's commenting time again, people!
http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-69789.html

It's a wrap up of the week, and already a lot of positive comments for UEDS have been added. I left one in french, maybe some of you can jump into the fray too.

lefty12357
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM
I posted a comment too. http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-69789.html

Chuck
04-05-2010, 04:40 PM
THANKS FENRIS, LEFTY, & AFRIQUE!

YAHOOIE! Another chance to go and annoy some snobby, crabby people!

I added a post there last night, but I was tired... I found where one of you had written:

"I like what Alizée has done with UEDS. This is a good album from start to end with very nice melodies. I like how her voice blends with the arrangements and instruments used. I respect her efforts and I hope this album succeeds in the area of sales. But artistically I think it is already a huge success."

..So I quoted that, and added all this:

"I wholeheartedly agree! But what really makes Alizée the "story of the week" is that she has so successfully refashioned herself into "Alizée v. 2.0", and now the new Lili is back in the ring! She's bold, beautiful, and blowing us away without hardly even trying.

In other words, I find her new album quite remarkable, but most amazing is the fact that she's making a major comeback, and Enfant du Siècle may be just the beginning of it. She's still got the voice and the talent, but more and more she's showing off her brains and her class. Whether you love her (or not), your Alizée is one of your country's very finest products, along with le vin, le champagne, et mon vélo Peugeot. (^u^,) "

Like I say, I was tired - at the end there, I compared Alizée to my bike. Don't get me wrong - it's an excellent bike, and I love it. But it is actually older than she is. :eek:

Oh yeah - the link on my signature line, below, has now been updated to this newest poll. Try it! You'll see! :D

MYGOGT
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
As soon as I get my album from amazon on 4/7 I will be posting away. I need to hear it first.

Chuck
04-06-2010, 12:10 AM
" *(^u^,)* "

thekidEm
04-16-2010, 01:30 PM
It's "L'album du Week-End" on Charts in France this week

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Alizee/Une-Enfant-Du-Siecle--a108063380.html,play

Chuck
04-16-2010, 02:43 PM
Which is very nice! They must be liking her. Or at least they like all the internet visitors that hit their site everytime they say "Alizée"!

And, as usual, there's a place to add our comments (but it's a little harder to find this time)... Try this link:

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/commentaires5-108063380.html

Roman
04-16-2010, 02:58 PM
How's there one star next to that. How can one change that. I don't see it.