PDA

View Full Version : Help with my welcome message?

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-31-2010, 02:57 AM
So, for the past few weeks I have been watching the newest member thing like a hawk. Each time I see one, I go to their profile and leave them a message saying 'Hello! Welcome to the site!' But I decided today that I want to do it in French. So could an experienced French speaker please correct my grammar here? The message is 'Salut! Bienvenue à AlizéeAmerica!' Feel free to correct anything from spelling to accent marks toincorrect word usage.

Merci Alizée
03-31-2010, 03:03 AM
So, for the past few weeks I have been watching the newest member thing like a hawk. Each time I see one, I go to their profile and leave them a message saying 'Hello! Welcome to the site!' But I decided today that I want to do it in French. So could an experienced French speaker please correct my grammar here? The message is 'Salut! Bienvenue à AlizéeAmerica!' Feel free to correct anything from spelling to accent marks toincorrect word usage.

Good idea. I always feel weird when I have to reply in newest member thread because I'm also starting with the same lines. There are few occasions where the reply is kinda universal for ex take B'days wishes and other kind of wishes. So, I like your idea and it's decided that I'll do it from now on.

user472884
03-31-2010, 03:07 AM
Yep, it's grammatically correct.

However, I would put a space between "Alizée" and "America", but that's just my opinion

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you guys.

johnsons34
04-08-2010, 04:24 PM
isn't that sweet of ya VVV!

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-08-2010, 04:30 PM
Lol, what can I say? I'm a nice guy :D!

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Wow, we have gone nearly 48 hours without a new user... :( kind of dissapointing...