PDA

View Full Version : [2010-04-08] New facebook profile!

Merci Alizée
04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Alizée's <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1785772061">new profile</a> on facebook :

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_9q4Ry8K81g8/S74VlUhKw1I/AAAAAAAAA8g/ze0VG1Nuwcs/s720/Alizeefab.jpg

Add Alizée as your friend. :)

djwise
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Awesome! Thanks for posting this MA! :)

thekidEm
04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
This is really cool!!!! Thanks :)

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
04-08-2010, 02:29 PM
How do you know that's its her actual facebook profile? and not some other fan made profile? Just wondering :)

user472884
04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
we ask something sly like "did you enjoy our letter?"

Karin
04-08-2010, 02:33 PM
Melle Alizée Bis (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1785772061&ref=nf):

merci à tous pour vos messages sur mon mur et en privé! je ne peux malheureusement pas répondre à tout le monde, donc une fois que je les ai lu je clique sur j'aime! ♥ à bientôt

so... what do you think?

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
04-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Hmm its possible it might be. But I recall a few people on A.A even myself thought that this was her personal myspace http://www.myspace.com/mellealizee

Deepwaters
04-08-2010, 03:30 PM
One indication that it may be her: the fact that Jo Jacotey(1) is a friend. That's Jo's second Facebook page (his first is full) and I'm his FB friend, too.

I can't get on FB at work but I'll check it out after I get home this evening.

Tiwaz
04-08-2010, 03:41 PM
She have two, one says (Profil Privé) and the other (Profil Officiel),. I think it might be a personal page for us fans to communicate with her. Tired of getting friend requests? ;)

BlackAnthem
04-08-2010, 04:16 PM
I sent her a message on the official one. Just one from me, not alizeeamerica as a whole. Do you think she'll reply since she only has 150 friends?

AND: Is it real?

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Doubtful. I sent her a thank you message an hour ago, and have recieved nothing back. I don't blame her, though.

Tiwaz
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Doubtful. I sent her a thank you message an hour ago, and have recieved nothing back. I don't blame her, though.

Melle Alizée Bis:

merci à tous pour vos messages sur mon mur et en privé! je ne peux malheureusement pas répondre à tout le monde, donc une fois que je les ai lu je clique sur j'aime! ♥ à bientôt

thank you all for your messages on my wall and in private! unfortunately I can not answer every one, so once I've read I click like! ♥ soon

Karin
04-08-2010, 05:12 PM
Do you think she'll reply since she only has 150 friends?

currently 237 :cool:

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Thank you, tiwaz. I know she said that, and knew what it meant. I was just being a bit too optimistic.

paintballpdh19
04-08-2010, 06:35 PM
i dont kno if its 100% legit... but i friend requested anyway!

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, if it is not legit, then a lot of people are being fooled! This person who would have started it is a mastermind! :D I'm pretty sure it is, though.

Deepwaters
04-08-2010, 07:08 PM
My point above is that I don't think Jo would likely be fooled.

user472884
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
My point above is that I don't think Jo would likely be fooled.

Is it really Jo? or just a nutball fan?

Deepwaters
04-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Is it really Jo? or just a nutball fan?

It's really him. It's his second FB page. His first has 5,000 friends on it and is totally full. Even that one has over 3,000 friends now.

I'm one of them, and he posts photography and other things several times every day.

Anyway, I can't imagine him not recognizing his own daughter, so I'm confident that's really her, too.

Roman
04-08-2010, 11:48 PM
Why do people do this, try to pretend to be her? If a person is a fan, why not just put up a fan page? Ego I suppose. Look at me!
I do not think it is Alizée. Look at the photo section! I really doubt Alizée would create an account, call it "officiel", lock it to prevent all but "friends" from seeing certain information, and put up random fans' photos. If M. Jacotey is a friend, maybe he's just not that discriminating about friend requests. Look around a bit there (or stop wasting your time perhaps).

Deepwaters
04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Actually, looking closely at it, I think Roman is right, and Jo just clicked approve on the friend request automatically. Not a real page.

It occurred to me to wonder why she would be creating a public FB page when she already has a FB fan page. I think I was pulled in by Jo's presence and didn't look closely. My bad.

user472884
04-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Why do people do this, try to pretend to be her? If a person is a fan, why not just put up a fan page? Ego I suppose. Look at me!
I do not think it is Alizée. Look at the photo section! I really doubt Alizée would create an account, call it "officiel", lock it to prevent all but "friends" from seeing certain information, and put up random fans' photos. If M. Jacotey is a friend, maybe he's just not that discriminating about friend requests. Look around a bit there (or stop wasting your time perhaps).

Well, with the way facebook works, 'Alizée' didn't put up those photos. Other people had pictures, and they "tagged" them (linked the photo to "Alizée's" account)

thekidEm
04-09-2010, 12:21 AM
Jérémy is also on the friend's list....what do you think?

Vista
04-09-2010, 12:40 AM
@Deepwaters
"It occurred to me to wonder why she would be creating a public FB page when she already has a FB fan page."

Possibly, Alizée would create a new public FB page as one method to determine how many current fans she has following her; A filter of sorts.

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 12:49 AM
Jérémy is also on the friend's list....what do you think?

What I think is that some fans name themselves "Alizée this-that-the-other" and he and Jo both expect to get friend requests from people calling themselves that and hit "accept" automatically, without looking at it closely, especially when they have a whole long list of people asking.

Of course I could be wrong. But really, that doesn't look like the kind of page she would create.

Edit: I sent Jo a private message, so hopefully he'll either de-friend that page or tell me "No, really, that's her, for real," and either way the mystery will be solved.

RadioactiveMan
04-09-2010, 01:36 AM
I very highly doubt that it is her page, and she should never make anything other than a private personal account.

Being friends with someone gives them access to plenty of information on facebook- and often information on many friends. The proper thing to do in this kind of a scenario is to make a Page, which she already has done, not a standard account.

Roman
04-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Well, with the way facebook works, 'Alizée' didn't put up those photos. Other people had pictures, and they "tagged" them (linked the photo to "Alizée's" account)

What? Really? Facebook is crazy. I have never understood facebook. I guess I just don't care that much anymore to put the time in to figure out this stuff and I'm thus becoming a crotchty old man. These dang whipersnappers! Get a MySpace page you hippie!
Seriously though, you sure about that? Hmm. Well, what the heck does "Bis" mean anyway? And yeah, why divert people from her "fan page" which has unlimited "friending" or whatevre fanning. It just makes no sense at all. I still call fake!

User22
04-09-2010, 02:41 AM
How did this thread get by my eagle eye's....time to add her:D

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
04-09-2010, 02:49 AM
Hmm I am really starting to think that this is her profile and not a fake...

Fall
04-09-2010, 05:13 AM
Whether the account is real or not, you gotta admit this looks awesome
http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/Fall06/Alizee/awesomness.jpg

http://i566.photobucket.com/albums/ss107/Fall06/Alizee/NOTIFICATION.jpg
:D

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 10:14 AM
Fall, back when I was active on MySpace I added a page that I KNEW was hers and was accepted as a friend -- along with thousands of other people. Ain't no big thing.

I still think this is a fake page, I think Roman is right. I added it as a friend, though, and will keep an eye out. If I see confirmation one way or the other, I'll report it here.

Tiwaz
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
Melle Alizée Bis is also friend with Melle Alizée (Profil Privé) (Her real as far as I know). Is Alizée accepting all friend requests she gets? I've never tried so I don't know.

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 10:30 AM
Melle Alizée Bis is also friend with Melle Alizée (Profil Privé) (Her real as far as I know). Is Alizée accepting all friend requests she gets? I've never tried so I don't know.

Ah, now that's a more positive sign.

That page is definitely Alizée's personal, private Facebook, so no, she doesn't. (I haven't tried either, though.) So maybe this is the real thing. We'll see.

Karin
04-09-2010, 11:56 AM
"Melle Alizée Bis:
contrairement à ce qui a été annoncé dans la presse je ne serai pas ce soir dans l'emission "Vous aurez le dernier mot !" sur France 2, à 23h05..."

"Contrary to what has been announced in the press I will not be tonight in the emission "Vous aurez le dernier mot !" on France 2, at 23.05 .."

hmmmm :cool:

Merci Alizée
04-09-2010, 12:07 PM
Ah, now that's a more positive sign.

That page is definitely Alizée's personal, private Facebook, so no, she doesn't. (I haven't tried either, though.) So maybe this is the real thing. We'll see.

She received many friend request and she doesn't accept any of those requests in her <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/melle.alizee?v=info&ref=ts">private facebook profile</a> and if she added <a href="http://www.facebook.com/melle.alizee?v=info&ref=ts#!/profile.php?id=1785772061&ref=ts">Melle Alizée Bis</a> as her friend then Melle Alizée Bis has to be her profile only.

Don't say that she just automatically added Melle Alizée Bis as friend as you think Mr. Jo might have done.

Well it's not that I'm not aware of fans creating fake profile in her name. That's why I waited to comment on this.

FanDeAliFee
04-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Alizée's <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1785772061">new profile</a> on facebook :
... Add Alizée as your friend. :)

Before cash machines, when I would move and start using a new bank, eventually a teller there would say I could put away my photo ID because (s)he already knew me. I would always respond to this by saying, "But how do you know I'm not my Evil Twin?" If the teller was young and pretty I would add, "You might as well try checking who I am by using a DNA sample I could conveniently spill on your blue dress! But if it would make you happy..."

This may not be Alizée. You are leaving out the theoretical possibility that when Alizée wanted to split with Mylène, the latter went all <i>Fatal Attraction</i> (1987) on poor Lili and dealt with her by using a <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153176&postcount=22"><i>Looker</i></a> (1981) <i>modus operandus</i>. For all you know, <i>Psychédélices</i> and <i>UEdS</i> were in the can before the split and all the publicity stuff is now being done with <a href="http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/o/docdtv/Technology/VirtualActors.htm">synthelilies</a>. Hell, maybe these last two albums were as well...

You say that Scruffydog just saw her in person? How do you know Mylène didn't deal with him in the same way? And I'm not just saying that because Mylène stiffed me after I set Scruffy up because... er... I never communicated with her in ANY way... and besides, the scenario outlined above is all just a transparently false speculation... yeah, that's right. It is!

And I'm certainly not Mylène myself. For <i>hundreds</i> of posts now, I've plausibly been an American man in late middle age. I can even show you a photo of an American man in late middle age. Many of them! And I SWEAR that NONE of them are just tweaked copies of originals I quarried from among the billions of photos hosted on FlickR by now. Cross my heart and hope to die! REALLY!

Aside to brick-and-mortar bank branches: Forget the toaster give-away come-ons to fight online banking! If you <i>really</i> want to retain customers, it's time you took notice that <i>all</i> banks can be <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sFSHRwUze4">sperm banks</a>!

Chuck
04-09-2010, 01:06 PM
Doc, forgive me, but this just printed yesterday in The Onion Horoscopes, so I couldn't resist:
"Taurus: Your fear and distrust of banks will result in you keeping all of your money, blood, and sperm beneath your mattress."

Sorry! No offense intended, but it was too funny and too à propos for me to resist!

Anyway, is the new Facebook page for real? I say yes. For one thing, it was announced here by our own infallible Merci Alizée, and on LTF, it was announced by Julien. And the there's Jo. These people don't get fooled. Also on LTF, one of the members there squealed with delight to see that the polaroid picture (with the hat, featured on the main page) was the very one she'd received with her deluxe edition box. I don't know that that same pic had been published or posted anywhere else before, so who else but Alizée (or this squealing French fan) would have been able to use that image? And if the Facebook page was put up by the squealer, she wouldn't be telling everybody how she'd gotten the pic.

So go for it! Make friends with Melle Alizée Bis. Fallo did! How bad could it be? BTW, just as "Melle" is short for "Mademoiselle", I'm guessing that "bis" is short for "bisous", one of Melle's favorite words.

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-09-2010, 01:13 PM
No, bis means 'again' or 'a second time', probably beacuse this is her second pro.

Edit:

Of corse, it could also mean 'greyish brown', too. But I doubt that! :D

Chuck
04-09-2010, 01:13 PM
"Melle Alizée Greyish-Brown"? I mean, oh. "Melle Alizée Parte Deux". Yep, that makes more sense. Thanx, VVV!

"Melle Alizée Bis:
contrairement à ce qui a été annoncé dans la presse je ne serai pas ce soir dans l'emission "Vous aurez le dernier mot !" sur France 2, à 23h05..."

"Contrary to what has been announced in the press I will not be tonight in the emission "Vous aurez le dernier mot !" on France 2, at 23.05 .."

hmmmm :cool:

So the Facebook page says Lilly will not be on that ("You Get The Last Word") TV show tonight. So in 4 hours or so, we'll know if that's right. That may add some credence.

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 01:15 PM
I don't know that that same pic had been published or posted anywhere else before, so who else but Alizée (or this squealing French fan) would have been able to use that image?

It has. All of the polaroids were posted on the blog. We have copies on this forum, too.

I would say the fact that Alizée's private page is a friend is the clincher. That does make it real, I think. Jo could have done it by reflex (the guy has over 8,000 FB friends on his two pages -- I suggested he make a fan page and I think he should). Maybe Jérémy, too, although I don't know how he operates; he's not my FB friend. But Alizée herself, no.

So go for it! Make friends with Melle Alizée Bis. Fallo did! How bad could it be? BTW, just as "Melle" is short for "Mademoiselle", I'm guessing that "bis" is short for "bisous", one of Melle's favorite words.

I did, too. And I think you're probably right -- she's giving us all a kiss, since she can't kiss us with her private page. :)

I sent the request last night before going to bed and it was accepted while I was asleep, pretty much as I expected due to the time difference. I won't be on FB for many hours as I am at work now and going to an open mic reading after work, but it will be interesting to see what's happening with this.

I still don't understand why she's creating this page when she already has her fan page up. But I'm sure she has a good reason.

Bigdan
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM

It's not the first time that I realize that "Bis" seams to be totally ignored for english speakers... it's latin. its just means " the same one, again" or " one more time", if you want...

:cool:

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
It's not the first time that I realize that "Bis" seams to be totally ignored for english speakers... it's latin. its just means " the same one, again" or " one more time", if you want...

:cool:

Well, there's that, too, and I did think of it. Helps that I studied Latin for 4 years.

I still think the "bissous" idea is cuter. :wub:

FanDeAliFee
04-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Doc, forgive me, but this just printed yesterday in The Onion Horoscopes, so I couldn't resist:
"Taurus: Your fear and distrust of banks will result in you keeping all of your money, blood, and sperm beneath your mattress."

Sorry! No offense intended, but it was too funny and too à propos for me to resist!

I have never been offended by your comments, Chuck, and I hope you feel likewise. But I always consider the source. Someone told me <i>Taurus</i> is the sign of the BULL. (No, that's not a plausibly deniable <i>ad hominem</i> attack. Is it? ;))

Anyway, is the new Facebook page for real? I say yes. For one thing, it was announced here by our own infallible Merci Alizée, and on LTF, it was announced by Julien. And the there's Jo. These people don't get fooled...

You evidently forgot the lesson of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_the_Body_Snatchers"><i>Invasion of the Body Snatchers</i></a>: before the Apple iPod, there was the "I, pod"! And didn't Lily say she and all those in her inner circle are intimate with them? No wonder she doesn't smile anymore!!!

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, apparently my post was invisble. Thanks for posting what I already did. Don't think I could have done it wthout your help.

Fall
04-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Fall, back when I was active on MySpace I added a page that I KNEW was hers and was accepted as a friend -- along with thousands of other people. Ain't no big thing.
Yeah, I know. It's just that I found it really awesome that my notifications said that. Sorta like with the emails we got from "Alizée." Just lookingat it from a fan point of view. Besides that, I think it could be a good way for her to send updates to her fans on the go. (Then again, she already has the blog and twitter :blink:)

FanDeAliFee
04-09-2010, 02:16 PM
No, bis means 'again' or 'a second time', probably beacuse this is her second pro.

Edit:

Of corse, it could also mean 'greyish brown', too. But I doubt that! :D

Serious cultural scholars who have spent long years critically examining L'Encyclopédie Alizée (http://lencyclopedie-alizee.wikispaces.com/) realizé[e] that 'greyish brown' is HIGHLY evocative of Lily.
That's because unlike American-style yellow mustards, Dijon-style <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Poupon"]<i>Grey Poupon</i></a> mustard is a brown mustard. And everyone knows the significance of Dijon, on account of the <a href="http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=150366&postcount=10">Burgundian origins</a> of the homophonic surnames "Jacote(y/t)," see below.

Contact No Surname Year Place Geography Zone
depgn21231m 2 JACOTET 1683 - 1689 Dijon Côte d'Or, Bourgogne, France
The two wedding records from the search hit document these marriages:
Day_______ Year Parish___ Husband_________ Wife
09 novembre 1683 St Philibert BAVAILLOT Jacques JACOTET? Jeanne
25 avril____ 1689 Notre Dame JACOB Jean_______ JACOTET Huguette

Roman
04-09-2010, 03:16 PM
Murphy's Law? If it is her, why does she continue to slink in the shadows of rumor and vague questionable behaviors? Does Alizée gain something by keeping her fans guessing? She has forced people to become detectives. The only possible reason I can think for her to do this is to regage current interest, but it really seems like there could be a better way.

In any case, don't forget that Alizée does not do all of her own promotion and at least in the past it became at times painfully obvious that she was not the one running her own web sites and maybe had nothing to do with them any longer at all. I doubt she is running it all now even if there was a time (according to her) that she maintained MySpace herself.

Alizée has clearly posted stuff to her twitter account that was actually from her, personal expressions. That was pretty cool. If she updates some site with info of what is going on, that is pretty cool, but I'd hope that she and her ever changing team of promoters would take some care as to not confuse the public/fans in a world where it is so easy for imposters to make their mark.

In short, whatever. :rolleyes:

Deepwaters
04-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Relax, Roman. All is well. :)

I'm convinced now that this is really her. The fact that private-Alizée is a friend does it.

(And now, she can be nosy, and go through all of the stuff I've posted as notes on MY Facebook page, Google translator engaged . . . ) :cool:

Merci Alizée
04-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Posted few minutes ago on her fb :

sera "L'invité" sur TV5 vendredi à 18h20 ( heure française ) / will be "L'invité on TV5, this friday at 6:20 pm ( France ) .

P.S.
If anyone has still any slight doubt in mind whether it's her profile or not, then here is another thing to be noticed. She posted above message in her new account and just after few seconds the message was posted on her official fan page on fb.;)

CFHollister
04-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Posted few minutes ago on her fb :

sera "L'invité" sur TV5 vendredi à 18h20 ( heure française ) / will be "L'invité on TV5, this friday at 6:20 pm ( France ) .

P.S.
If anyone has still any slight doubt in mind whether it's her profile or not, then here is another thing to be noticed. She posted above message in her new account and just after few seconds the message was posted on her official fan page on fb.;)

Unfortunately that's not conclusive one way or the other either. It could just be a re-post from Alizée's Twitter.

FanDeAliFee
04-12-2010, 02:27 PM
...If it is her, why does she continue to slink in the shadows of rumor and vague questionable behaviors? Does Alizée gain something by keeping her fans guessing? She has forced people to become detectives. The only possible reason I can think for her to do this is to regage current interest...
<table align="center" width="660"><tr><td>
<big>Hey Alizée, how did Mylène Farmer get everybody to talk about you and set you on the road to celebrity?</big></td></tr></table><center><object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lVQ2yFMVyo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9lVQ2yFMVyo&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object></center>

SDB
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm pretty sure its her, other people do it too

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000716993926&ref=nf for example is the real deal too

maybe its easier to communicate this way or something?

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I believe it truely is her as well. She is not forcing anyone to be a detective. If you don't believe it is real, that is your perogative. She is telling people a week ahead of doing something. That warrants no investigation. If she does not openly say something, then she probbly thinks it is none of our busness. Also, this fb is probably just a way to easily communicate with fans, for things like this appearance. As well as looking at what we are doing in relation to her.

Jenny_HRO87
04-12-2010, 04:54 PM
lol guys why some of you don't want believe that it's her...

that "Melle Alizée Bis" is in the friendlist of "Melle Alizée" is the ultimative proof yes..

btw it was Julien who told us about this account at first and confirmed that this really is HER account...

And shortly after "Melle Alizée Bis" showed up "Melle Alizée" changed her profile name to "Profil privé" and the new one is "Profil Officiel".

"Melle Alizée Bis" also told the fans that the news about "Vous aurez le dernier mot!" were wrong... why would a fake do that? And even BEFORE the show started?

and so on...

Ruroshen
04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
At the end of the day, what does it even matter if it IS a fake? If you believe it's real, friend her. If you think it's a fake, ignore it. Doing either costs you nothing. Enough with the conspiracy theories, already.

Seriously, we're being mocked on Twitter about this. You're making us look like jerks, here. :p

Deepwaters
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Agreed. I'm convinced it's her. I already friended her and have posted something brief on the wall. I regret now being persuaded by Roman's pessimism earlier. He was wrong, and I was wrong for believing him.

Roman
04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Being mocked on twitter? I don't give a damn. If it's Alizée, great. I guess you guys convinced me finally. If Julien said it's real, I guess it is, though it's still strange that she chooses one of her fans to be the official disseminator of official rumor rather than just let us know through what we already know to be official sources (newsletter, myspace page, facebook fan page, twitter, etc.). Maybe Alizée is too busy, in which case, sorry hun. Don't want to stress you. I wish I could magically know what is real and what isn't.

Anyway, it is really cool that she/they are letting us know what is going on. I do appreciate that. I just want to get the right site and be able to follow it and know what Alizée is up to and not be distracted by the many fakers out there. I don't know why that has to be difficult or I have to be mocked for it and called a pessimist as though we've never seen fake sites before.

I'm over it. Done. I'll follow it. Everyone's happy. Now I know what the word Bis means. Alizée will be on TV5 on Friday. Yeah! cool

FanDeAliFee
04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
At the end of the day, what does it even matter if it IS a fake? If you believe it's real, friend her. If you think it's a fake, ignore it. Doing either costs you nothing. Enough with the conspiracy theories, already...

Oh no... they've got Ruro too...

<center><object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRVfGMjdGh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JRVfGMjdGh8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&showinfo=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object></center>

Deepwaters
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
Well, I would say there's a lesson to be learned here: don't go off half-cocked.

The Sword of Truth series was mostly deplorable, but I loved the concept of the Wizard's First Rule from the first volume. Wizard's First Rule is that people usually believe, not what is true or what the evidence actually says, but what they hope is true, or what they fear is true. Their hopes and fears trump their perception and lead to irrational beliefs.

In this case, there was the hope that a new connection to Alizée existed, and at the same time the fear of being taken in by a con artist and of having hopes dashed. The reality of the page was easily seen by anyone not so blinded from the fact that Alizée's private page was listed as a friend; Her Grace does not link to just anyone from that page and probably doesn't have a whole lot of FB friends -- none who aren't real-life friends. (I may well have more FB friends than that page does.) So that connection is proof positive. But emotions trumped that reasoning for some, and I, like a complete idiot, let myself be carried along on them when I knew better.

There have already been consequences of that mistake which I won't discuss here. Suffice it to say it's a lesson learned.

Exactly why she chose to do this, and at this time, remains a mystery. Because, you know, she's a mysterious kind of girl. :cool:

User22
04-13-2010, 01:17 AM
No more conspirahoo's like Ruro said. It is real and fake:D

Fish
04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
\
The Sword of Truth series was mostly deplorable,

Not a fan of bondage, are we? ;)

Deepwaters
04-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Not a fan of bondage, are we? ;)

No, that wasn't the problem. I just got sick of the writing style and the political slant.

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Anybody else curious as to why it is called melle ? I don't think that Alizée and Jérémy are having problems (I hope not:(),so I doubt it is something like that. Maybe she just did it as part of her 'seperate public and private lives' thing she does?

User22
04-21-2010, 11:52 AM
VVV it's just cause she want's to be known as a Misses for the fans so she doesn't seem old, which she isn't....Her twitter says MelleAlizee too...

Tiwaz
04-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Anybody else curious as to why it is called melle ? I don't think that Alizée and Jérémy are having problems (I hope not:(),so I doubt it is something like that. Maybe she just did it as part of her 'seperate public and private lives' thing she does?

I asked the same question once and got this answer.

No, at her own insistence. In an interview, she was asked whether she should be called "madame" or "mademoiselle." She said Mademoiselle, and pointed out that under French law she is single, since they were married in the U.S. not in France and France doesn't recognize American marriages. Note that her Twitter log-in is mellealizée.

But "Dear Alizée" is still probably best, avoiding all such complications. :)

And a whole thread about it http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5598&page=2

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the link! But I would still call her Melle Alizée, since she has asked for it that way. I am younger than her, so it seems more natural to use Mme, but I will go with her request. And I never call her Lili or Lilly or Lily or Leelee or however people feel like spelling it (I've seen that thread;)). That just seems too casual for someone with whom I have never had direct contact!

User22
04-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Yah we can refer to her as Lilly on here, but anyone that meets with her should never call her by Lilly(that's how you spell it haha jk'n(don't wanna start that again:D)).

So I think it is safe to say that Melle or Mademoiselle is the correct greeting:D

All that concur say "I"

Deepwaters
04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
I usually call her either Alizée (which is, after all, her real name) or something such as chère fée or ma chère fée or mon enchanteresse or, in third person, Her Grace.

But then, I'm weird. :cool:

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Hmm... Capitalizing 'Her Grace' seems a bit religious... Perhaps just a sign of respect/reverance?

Deepwaters
04-21-2010, 06:21 PM
It's a noble title in origin, used for a queen, duchess, or (if there were any of these that were women) archbishop. There's a pun mixed in, a reference to grace in the physical sense and also in the sense of courtesy and poise. And finally, a gentle tease, the suggestion of royalty for one who has no such pretensions. No religious overtones are intended.

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-21-2010, 06:38 PM
Oh righty, I quite like it.

User22
04-21-2010, 11:32 PM
Mademoiselle, leave it there!!!ahha

Ruroshen
04-22-2010, 03:36 AM
Not to offend anybody, but I've always rolled my eyes a little at the whole "Her Grace And Beauty" thing. I know it's mostly meant to be tongue-in-cheek, along the lines of the whole Cult/Order thing, but it lays it on a little too thick for my taste... :p

Referring to Alizée as Lili is about as fanboy-ish as I'll let myself get. That's just me, though.

Roman
04-22-2010, 03:50 AM
Not to offend anybody, but I've always rolled my eyes a little at the whole "Her Grace And Beauty" thing. I know it's mostly meant to be tongue-in-cheek, along the lines of the whole Cult/Order thing, but it lays it on a little too thick for my taste... :p

Referring to Alizée as Lili is about as fanboy-ish as I'll let myself get. That's just me, though.
I find it amusing when Deep does it, especially if you consider the stuff he writes. I think I'll let it be his thing. Having said that, I have had about as much feeling for Alizée as anyone at one time or another I suppose; so...

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-22-2010, 07:17 AM
VVV it's just cause she want's to be known as a Misses for the fans

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/donkeyshow/grammar.jpg

You're being very contradictory there.

Regards,

Jung

VVVACCPLPNLY
04-22-2010, 07:24 AM
I don't call her Her Grace. I just like the way deep does. I think I did once as a kind small joke. But I don't ever even call her by her nickname. I use Alizée exclusively. Because I am not her friend,so I will not use her name reserved for her friends.

djwise
04-22-2010, 07:28 AM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/donkeyshow/grammar.jpg

Regards,

Jung

Ah, what a nice way to start the day. That and a chicken biscuit with some J-Pop music on the side. Thank you, once again, good sir. :)

~Wise

User22
04-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Surprise...don't know how i was contradictory but o well:rolleyes:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Surprise...don't know how i was contradictory but o well:rolleyes:

Here I'll spell it out for your ass so you can realize

Misses would be Madam not Mademoiselle, which of course would be Miss.

Regards,

Jung

ImRawdg
04-22-2010, 09:51 PM

Oh, don't worry, you're not the only one ;)

User22
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM

Ahh I see, thanks for enlightening a noob:D

Jess
04-23-2010, 01:55 PM
Here I'll spell it out for your ass so you can realize

Regards,

Jung
No, let me spell it our for your ass... ;)

misses is the plural for miss, the equivalent to "mesdemoiselles" in French (mlles).

Mesdemoiselles |ˈmādəm(w)əˌzel; ˈmādˌmwäˌzel| |ˈˈmeɪdəm(w)əˈˈzɛl| |ˈˈmeɪdˈmwɑˈˈzɛl| |meɪd-| |med-| plural form of Mademoiselle.

It would probably be best that you do not speak of which you do not know.
I'm going to apply your own quote here Jung he he he ;-)

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-23-2010, 02:13 PM
I will concede that it can be used in such a sense, but it is also used for a married woman (which I've seen it used more for than the plural miss).

Regards,

Jung

Jess
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
I will concede that it can be used in such a sense, but it is also used for a married woman (which I've seen it used more for than the plural miss).

Regards,

Jung
I think maybe you're thinking of missus or missis (mrs)... ;)

missus |ˈmisəz; -əs| (also missis)
noun [in sing. ] informal or humorous
a man's wife : I promised the missus I'd be home by eleven.
• informal used as a form of address to a woman whose name is not known

jung_adore_ALIZEE
04-23-2010, 02:21 PM
or I'm thinking of this directly here....

""Misses" has been used but is ambiguous as this is also used as a plural for "Miss"."

Regards,

Jung

Deepwaters
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Or he might just be spelling it phonetically -- "Mrs." is prounounced "Misses" or "Missus" or sometimes "Mizzes."

In reality, though, "Mrs." is an abbreviation for "Mistress." Now this, if the translation held, would give "Madame" overtones of bondage, which could be why Alizée rejects the term for herself. Or, perhaps, reserves it for private use only. One never knows. :cool:

(Just kidding here, of course. "Mistress" in French is actually "Maitresse," not "Madame.") ;)

Jess
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM
or I'm thinking of this directly here....

""Misses" has been used but is ambiguous as this is also used as a plural for "Miss"."

Regards,

Jung
That's because misses is also used as a range of standard women sizes, between 8 to 20 I think... he he ;)
Or he might just be spelling it phonetically -- "Mrs." is prounounced "Misses" or "Missus" or sometimes "Mizzes.";)
I think you could be right, in which case it's understandable. I just didn't like the way he corrected Aaronius.