PDA

View Full Version : [08-04-2010] Alizée "ambushed" by fans on the street

Alex
04-08-2010, 08:48 PM
I know this is not the place for this video, but couldn't find the best thread for this(so Ben, Ruro, CF Hollister please find the ebst place for this if possible, merci :D)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t22OxBLz2tc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t22OxBLz2tc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Merci Alizée
04-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I know this is not the place for this video, but couldn't find the best thread for this(so Ben, Ruro, CF Hollister please find the ebst place for this if possible, merci :D)

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t22OxBLz2tc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t22OxBLz2tc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Thanks for the video, Alex. Well, I too have searched the best threads for such kinds of videos. This seems to be best place unless someone creates a new thread for it.;)

Roman
04-09-2010, 01:56 AM
Wow. Trippy. I wonder what the event is. It is cool to see that Alizée has continued with her stardom and maintains the interest of the public when she wants to, at least to this degree. Good for you Alizée.

wasabi622
04-09-2010, 08:59 AM
Sweet find. :D

So good to see she's still quite popular and loved. :wub:

User22
04-09-2010, 12:26 PM

Yah and people said she was a "starving artist". Ha! Man I love how she noticed during that video that she is back in the Limelight and that she needs to avoid those crowds again haha:D

Fall
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
That's both good and bad, all that attention will eventually get on her nerves. Plus think of her daughter. She might have to be home schooled

wasabi622
04-09-2010, 01:32 PM
That's both good and bad, all that attention will eventually get on her nerves. Plus think of her daughter. She might have to be home schooled

I don't know. I mean, just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can't go to school. I went to school with Kay Panabaker, I mean, she's no A-list star, but she's still a celebrity. From what I recall though, she was fine in good ol' public school.

Annily should fine in regular school, even with Alizée's fame.

Fall
04-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I don't know. I mean, just because you're a celebrity doesn't mean you can't go to school. I went to school with Kay Panabaker, I mean, she's no A-list star, but she's still a celebrity. From what I recall though, she was fine in good ol' public school.

Annily should fine in regular school, even with Alizée's fame.
You never know with those kinds of things. MJ put masks on his kids so nobody would know what they really look like. Why?
Look up the Lindbergh baby story :(

Roman
04-09-2010, 03:21 PM
You never know with those kinds of things. MJ put masks on his kids so nobody would know what they really look like. Why?
Look up the Lindbergh baby story :(
Yeah, that is no doubt one of the reasons that Alizée has been very protective and people in general discourage posting photos of celebrities' children. I hadn't even thought of that for a long time. Sometimes this world and the people in it just suck.

CFHollister
04-09-2010, 03:59 PM
I'm sure Alizée is pretty ambivalent about these kinds of occurrences. On one hand it's pretty clear they make her a little bit uncomfortable or a little bit irritating. But on the other it's a clear indication of her continuing popularity, which I'm sure makes her feel good.

Roman
04-09-2010, 04:10 PM
I'm sure Alizée is pretty ambivalent about these kinds of occurrences. On one hand it's pretty clear they make her a little bit uncomfortable or a little bit irritating. But on the other it's a clear indication of her continuing popularity, which I'm sure makes her feel good.

Well, she looked pretty pleased about it in the video to me, though yeah in general I think she's pretty ambivalent. That means that she's not sure whether she likes it or not, which means that to some degree she does like it.
Do we know anything about the circumstances? This really did not look like random "fans" assailing her. It sounded like reporters and stuff, the one lady keeps calling "Alizée, coucou, Alizée".

CFHollister
04-09-2010, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I agree it wasn't just random fans "assailing" her. I suspect she was doing an interview or something inside.

Junkmale
04-09-2010, 08:41 PM
We know from past experience that she dosen't really like that sort of thing but she seemed happy enough on that clip?
As long as it dosen't go too far it's probably ok with her.
Kind of nice to see it happen.

MYGOGT
04-09-2010, 10:30 PM
A little publicity is good and it looked like she wasn't overly surprised by it. Also the way she handles such things may have a big impact on the public opinion over there. Then again maybe not.

User22
04-10-2010, 02:09 AM
If footage of her getting raided by these guys is posted on the news over there, then it must urge others that they need to cover her...

Rev
04-10-2010, 02:57 AM
Sweet find. :D

So good to see she's still quite popular and loved. :wub:

This is somewhat new. She hasn't had this level of attention in France for may years. It is a sign that what she has been doing is beginning to pay off (with both good and not so good side effects).

If footage of her getting raided by these guys is posted on the news over there, then it must urge others that they need to cover her...

Interesting. And probably true.

However, there are some protections for public figures over there that we do not have here. I hope that it is enough to allow her to continue to live a normal enough life to let her maintain her balance and groundedness.

Criss_pl
04-10-2010, 11:49 AM
Well, It's rather quite easy for reporters, if they're interested ofc, to "ambush" a star, including Alizée, a lot of people know where and when the interviews take place, so it's just a thing of being in right place in right time. And I really liked her smile. But this women's voice, calling Alizée, coucou Alizée, Alizée etc. sounded for me a bit like calling a dog or a cat, just a bit unkind.

Deepwaters
04-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Yet another reason why I don't really like the idea of doing that sort of thing. I have all kinds of ways to give her strokes and let her know I like what she's doing without intruding on her space. I would be pretty ambivalent about it, too.

User22
04-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Yah it really did sound like they were calling a dog or a cat...how rude...if Alizée was a dog...well then she would be a purebred Corsican pup...and those are expensive...why am I talking about her being a dog..

wasabi622
04-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Well, It's rather quite easy for reporters, if they're interested ofc, to "ambush" a star, including Alizée, a lot of people know where and when the interviews take place, so it's just a thing of being in right place in right time. And I really liked her smile. But this women's voice, calling Alizée, coucou Alizée, Alizée etc. sounded for me a bit like calling a dog or a cat, just a bit unkind.

Yeah, that confused me to.. I mean, coucou Alizée? I thought maybe it was just a French sound, sort of like how in New Zealand we used "OI!!" as a way of getting someone's attention.

Though I doubt she was trying to be rude, I mean, then why bother wasting time by trying to get her attention?

CFHollister
04-10-2010, 01:47 PM
Often when people repeatedly call a celebrity's name like that, what they are trying to exploit is almost everyone's natural tendency to look up whenever we hear our name called... so they can get a face shot with a camera.

lefty12357
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Yeah, that confused me to.. I mean, coucou Alizée? I thought maybe it was just a French sound, sort of like how in New Zealand we used "OI!!" as a way of getting someone's attention.

Though I doubt she was trying to be rude, I mean, then why bother wasting time by trying to get her attention?

For those who may not know, (to use Roman's words), coucou is just a cute way of saying Hello. Alizée used it when she said hi to Alizeeamerica:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJcmtE1gUXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJcmtE1gUXo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Yes, Alizée is a private person and I would guess if this were the MF/LB days, she may have not cared for this situation all that much. But being that today she is trying to be recognized by the French public again who has all but forgotten her, (except for her core fans) she might have actually enjoyed the attention. If nothing else, this video may in a small way help to validate her status as an artist and celebrity to some people who may see it.

thekidEm
04-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I agree it wasn't just random fans "assailing" her. I suspect she was doing an interview or something inside.

she did an interview with Europe 1 on that day.

Some pics are posted here:
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5300&page=64

and more here:
http://picasaweb.google.fr/109518504461602580833/AlizeeAuStudioEurope16042010#

the interview can be downloaded here:
http://www.europe1.fr/MediaCenter/Emissions/Studio-Europe-1/Sons/Alizee-Julien-Dore-et-Pascal-Thomas-171528/
Click "télécharger" for mp3 download. Alizée's part starts at around 30 mins.

Roman
04-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Ou, and she did an other interview with Europe 1, a different show I guess, "On va s'gêner". That one was pretty cool.
Alizée, Julien Doré on the same show? Rarrw! :P Just kidding. It might be kind of funny to see what would happen. Well, I guess I need to list to find out how it does go (I'm guess they aren't on at the same time).

So, thanks thekidEm for the links! Et bienvenu!

Oh yeah, and when my French teacher wanted to get the class's attention she'd say that in a little bit impatient way: coucou!