PDA

View Full Version : Next single news/speculation

Pages : [1] 2

babyblue558
05-25-2010, 03:01 PM
Hey everyone! :D

I've started this thread as a way of gathering news on what the next single from Une Enfant du Siècle will be. I've heard from a couple of (non-official) sources that it's going to be Factory Girl, so I'm just wondering whether anyone's heard any news that confirms/contradicts this.

Here's one of the websites that supports this claim... http://frenchmusic.isgreat.org/archives/164 ...but as far as I can tell from looking at recent news, it has nothing official to back it up (or at least I hope it doesn't because Factory Girl wouldn't exactly be my first choice for single #2 :p).

Has Alizée given any hints in recent interviews as to what the next single might be?

If everyone's as stuck as I am on this matter, then this can just be a discussion thread on what songs you all think would make good singles from the album and your personal hopes for future singles.

An interesting thought:
-Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.

If there happens to be a similar thread to this one already in operation then please let me know!

BB :)

Scruffydog777
05-25-2010, 03:57 PM
Hey everyone! :D

An interesting thought:
-Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.

Any one in France who would give up on Alizée just because she might release a single in Spanish, is not truely a fan, therefore she need not worry about it.

paintballpdh19
05-25-2010, 05:20 PM
An interesting thought:

If there happens to be a similar thread to this one already in operation then please let me know!

I actually like the song and wouldn't mind it being the next single in is def in the top 4 of my favs on this cd...... and yes i know 4 out of 10 songs isn't really narrowing it down but i just like a lot of them :p

babyblue558
05-25-2010, 05:35 PM
I actually like the song and wouldn't mind it being the next single in is def in the top 4 of my favs on this cd...... and yes i know 4 out of 10 songs isn't really narrowing it down but i just like a lot of them :p

Haha it's the nature of the album... I could never pick a favourite either! I guess I'm not such a big fan of Factory Girl because it has a really sinister/mechanical feeling to it (perfectly in line with the subject matter), but it's just not my kind of song I guess. Hmm my choices for the next single would probably be Eden, Eden or A Coeur Fendre but it's a difficult one. :p

paintballpdh19
05-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Haha it's the nature of the album... I could never pick a favourite either! I guess I'm not such a big fan of Factory Girl because it has a really sinister/mechanical feeling to it (perfectly in line with the subject matter), but it's just not my kind of song I guess. Hmm my choices for the next single would probably be Eden, Eden or A Coeur Fendre but it's a difficult one. :p

for me I would like to see either Eden, Eden... Grand Central... La Candida... or Une Fille Difficile become the next single.

User22
05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
for me I would like to see either Eden, Eden... Grand Central... La Candida... or Une Fille Difficile become the next single.

Totally agreed on that one....I would like Mes Fantomes to be in there but it is sort of a short song. So I would say that I would switch Grand Central for A Couer Fendre or 14 Decembre though. Grand Central and Factory Girl just aren't my favs:(

babyblue558
05-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Yeah, Factory Girl just isn't my kind of music. It does it's job very well in the context of the album, and I don't skip it when I listen to the other songs, but I wouldn't like to hear on it's own as a single.

User22
05-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Factory Girl just isn't my kind of music. It does it's job very well in the context of the album, and I don't skip it when I listen to the other songs, but I wouldn't like to hear on it's own as a single.

yah. And can someone explain to me how singles work?

Do they come out before the album? Like Les Collines?

Do they come out during the album too? Like what we are discussing now?

Do they come out seperately from the album?

Because I know that MCE had like 4 singles and I was wondering what the point is if they all come out on the album first and re-release as a single...

babyblue558
05-25-2010, 09:19 PM
yah. And can someone explain to me how singles work?

Do they come out before the album? Like Les Collines?

Do they come out during the album too? Like what we are discussing now?

Do they come out seperately from the album?

Because I know that MCE had like 4 singles and I was wondering what the point is if they all come out on the album first and re-release as a single...

Hmm bear with me here and somebody let me know if I'm talking complete nonsense.
What I understand is that an artist usually releases one single as a lead single before the album is put on sale. This acts as a sort of 'taster' so that people can get a flavour for the style of the album and if they like what they hear, then buy the album when it is released a month or so later.
Once the album is released, depending on it's early success, several more singles are released. These are popular songs on the album that are sold as a means of promoting the album it is from, which is on sale simultaneously.
As far as I know, it's not common practise to release singles without an album of similar songs for them to promote.
The point of a single is so that someone pays a small amount of money for one song, listens to it, and if they like it they may decide to buy the album it is from, which contains songs of a similar genre and style.
Make sense? (I hope!! :p)

Fall
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Dang, if they release a new single that will mean a new collectible, right now I got no green :(

User22
05-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Thanks Blue! That does make sense! So if the album doesn't sell well at first, it is possible to get the sales kicked up again by releasing a single that people will probably like from the album. I see so It's like second release of the album sort of....that is very smart of artists to do that haha.

User22
05-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Dang, if they release a new single that will mean a new collectible, right now I got no green :(

I'll hitcha up man....

Fall
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
I'll hitcha up man....
Right on. As thanks, if there is a show in DC and I'm still around, drive up to my house and I'll take you and your group to the show and the sights

babyblue558
05-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Thanks Blue! That does make sense! So if the album doesn't sell well at first, it is possible to get the sales kicked up again by releasing a single that people will probably like from the album. I see so It's like second release of the album sort of....that is very smart of artists to do that haha.

Yeah, as far as I understand singles are an artist's way of promoting an album both before and during its release. They're the songs you hear on the radio and TV shows, and if you hear and like one of the singles of an album, you're more likely to want to buy the album (which is what the atist wants in the end!).
Glad I can be of help. :)

User22
05-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, as far as I understand singles are an artist's way of promoting an album both before and during its release. They're the songs you hear on the radio and TV shows, and if you hear and like one of the singles of an album, you're more likely to want to buy the album (which is what the atist wants in the end!).
Glad I can be of help. :)

Thanks a mucho mango Blue! Now I understand:D

wasabi622
05-25-2010, 10:52 PM

Same here.. I'm to somehow survive this summer on less than $100. Though, I'm made $40 by selling an old textbook..

Oh well, the way I see it though, as much as I'd love to own everything, the Pre-order deluxe set is more then enough to keep me satisfied. :D

User22
05-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Same here.. I'm to somehow survive this summer on less than $100. Though, I'm made $40 by selling an old textbook..

Oh well, the way I see it though, as much as I'd love to own everything, the Pre-order deluxe set is more then enough to keep me satisfied. :D

I have never bought a single before, so I probably will this time....

Fall
05-26-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm still trying to get my ÀCC single, now I gotta get this too :(

paintballpdh19
05-26-2010, 12:07 PM
I have never bought a single before, so I probably will this time....

same

if u find a plae that has some... i would love to know. thanks

User22
05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Probably Amazon, Amazon.fr, or Ebay is the best way....

Fall
05-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Amazon.fr
:(
I learned my lesson from the UEDS Special edition. The shipping all the way from Europe is not cheap.

Människöpesten
05-27-2010, 06:37 PM
:(
I learned my lesson from the UEDS Special edition. The shipping all the way from Europe is not cheap.

when i buy cds/vinyl for many of the bands i like, most of them are from europe. i feel your pain.

Edit:

i don't own a single...single... so yeah :P

Fall
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
when i buy cds/vinyl for many of the bands i like, most of them are from europe. i feel your pain.

Edit:

i don't own a single...single... so yeah :P
Ouch dude, me I've only bought the first 4 album releases and UEDS box from there.

VVVACCPLPNLY
05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Yep, a single is basically a song the artist releases for play on radio. The only way singles matter to us Americans, there are two reasons: 1- for those who buy them (very few I imagine), there will be the single released on a disc with maybe remixes and instrumentals; 2- there will most likely be a music video. Since she isn't on U.S. radio, so we have no chance of hearing her songs, new single or old. But I had intially hoped, with my first listening of this album, that FG would be the next single. Most of the other songs don't seem like they would be appropriate on the radio, good as they are, but they are just not radio songs. Well, EE might, but certainly NOT UFD, ACF, LL, or GC. Also, how often do you actually see singles for purchase? They are not in any music shop I have ever been in, which is practically every one in central VA. As for La Candida being too short, it is barely any shorter than the radio edit of MJ. She wouldn't be hurting her career by releasng this as a single, since her largest fanbase is Mexican anyways. And France is far more accepting of foreign languages than America is. It would defnitely give her a unique edge.

ptjmwa
05-29-2010, 02:41 PM
the single is the song that they are promoting at the time and a music video is made for most singles.

babyblue558
05-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah it's the music video that's got me excited about the next single. The Les Collines MV was artistic brilliance! Low-budget but a million times better than the $10,000 trash most mainstream pop artists are putting out these days. As far as buying singles goes, the only time I ever buy individual songs is when I love the song too much to wait for the album to come out, so I buy it on iTunes while I'm waiting for the CD of the album to become available.

lehua768
06-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.
Once the album is released, depending on it's early success, several more singles are released. These are popular songs on the album that are sold as a means of promoting the album it is from, which is on sale simultaneously.

sumi1
06-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Does anyone think the gamble of releasing La Candida as the next single would pay off? It would, in theory, be a way of fully capitalising on the Mexican market, but a Spanish single would risk completely losing all the remaining fans she has left in France.

Given that UEDS managed to sell only about 6000 copies, I am not sure we will be getting a new single, atleast in France. At present, La Candida seems to be the best option to try to capture Mexican market.

babyblue558
06-02-2010, 08:07 AM
Given that UEDS managed to sell only about 6000 copies, I am not sure we will be getting a new single, atleast in France. At present, La Candida seems to be the best option to try to capture Mexican market.

Yeah sadly we might have to face that. :( But as far as I see it, she has every reason to release another single because one of the reasons the album might not be doing so well is through a lack of promotion. Indeed most of the French reviews of UEDS I've read praise it greatly, so this suggests that the comparative lack of sales isn't to do with the quality of the music. Maybe another single would be a good way to continue promoting it, especially if it came with some TV performances.
If she did choose La Candida, I think she'd have to go all the way with Mexican promotion (ie Mexican visit/TV interviews/performances) in order to fully gain the possible benefits of a Spanish single.

VVVACCPLPNLY
06-02-2010, 09:04 AM
La Candida wouldn't be too surprising. NLY was half English. I think the French public ís far more accepting of foreign music than America. Problem is, LC is FAR too short. It has absolutely no bridge. It barely passes the two minute mark. I don't think that would affect it too much, but for me, that is a bigger problem that it being Spanish.

babyblue558
06-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Good point there VVV. I think that (assuming that La Candida isn't chosen) a good choice would be one of the less electro songs (like Eden, Eden or Grand Central). That way she can get more attention from mainstream listeners, rather than going for a full on electro number which might rely too much on a niche market that just isn't there.

Edit:

From another thread:
A new single is confirmed ... don't know the title for the moment ... wait and see
:p

Marquis<3Alizée
07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Factory Girl is a wonderful song and would go great as a singel. I think 14 decembre that should be the next singelhat is such a great song.

wasabi622
07-13-2010, 12:43 PM
For me, the song itself doesn't matter too much, but I'm looking forward to the music video that comes with it. Time to see some new Alizée in action! :D:D

Människöpesten
07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
For me, the song itself doesn't matter too much, but I'm looking forward to the music video that comes with it. Time to see some new Alizée in action! :D:D

the question is: can you handle it?

paintballpdh19
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
La Candida

Azhiri
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM

This! I love all Alizee's videos and Les Collines was really cool! I can't wait to see what she does next. :)

Fall
07-13-2010, 09:30 PM
I agree, the new music video is what I'm really looking forward to as well

wasabi622
07-14-2010, 12:52 AM
I'm interested to see how she'll dance too. I mean I don't think her music videos are going to be of her dancing, but when she does get to it, what'll she do? *mind wanders*

User22
07-14-2010, 01:17 AM

paintballpdh19
07-14-2010, 02:20 AM

cant wait either...:rolleyes:

Tchaikovsky
07-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Wanna see a new music video as well; I agree

Zeerre
07-14-2010, 05:16 AM
I would like to see a new music video as well, hopefully it will be more lively than the one for Les Collines, although considering the dark nature of UEdS, I doubt it.

100th Post

spysmasher
07-14-2010, 10:31 PM
If the purpose of releasing a single is to catch the attention of listeners, to awaken their interest, and to draw them to the artist’s album (or concerts), then the song in question needs to be something catchy, something that musically will stand out when heard on the radio. It’s not enough for it to be a “good song;” you need something that will make people stop and listen. And if it is a tune that is liable to get stuck in one’s head, so much the better! In other words, you want a single to be infectious.

Taking all that into consideration, it seems to me that the best candidates for a single release from UEDS would be either “Grand Central” or “A Coeur Fendre.” I think those are the catchiest tunes on the album.

Now, since I don’t know French (or Spanish), I’m basing all this entirely on the sound of the songs and not on their lyrical content. A profound insight pithily expressed or a clever turn of phrase can attract people’s attention to a song, but I think the more effective draw is going to be the sound of the tune.

It will be interesting to see which song Alizée and her team end up choosing.

mercenaries16
07-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Now, since I don’t know French (or Spanish), I’m basing all this entirely on the sound of the songs and not on their lyrical content. A profound insight pithily expressed or a clever turn of phrase can attract people’s attention to a song, but I think the more effective draw is going to be the sound of the tune.

It will be interesting to see which song Alizée and her team end up choosing.[/QUOTE]

believe me i speak spanish and La candida don't have pretty much content in its letter XD

User22
07-14-2010, 11:31 PM
If the purpose of releasing a single is to catch the attention of listeners, to awaken their interest, and to draw them to the artist’s album (or concerts), then the song in question needs to be something catchy, something that musically will stand out when heard on the radio. It’s not enough for it to be a “good song;” you need something that will make people stop and listen. And if it is a tune that is liable to get stuck in one’s head, so much the better! In other words, you want a single to be infectious.

Taking all that into consideration, it seems to me that the best candidates for a single release from UEDS would be either “Grand Central” or “A Coeur Fendre.” I think those are the catchiest tunes on the album.

It will be interesting to see which song Alizée and her team end up choosing.

This is exactly what she needs to do. They need to put up one of the "Jumpy/Bubbly" songs as the single so it will get stuck in people's head like Fifty Sixty does. With that she will sell much more even if the lyrics aren't that great....but they are good so that is a plus:)

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-15-2010, 12:47 AM
How did this discussion turned into a lyrical discussion? And uh, have you ever listened to UEDS? There is not a single 'bubbly' song on their.

Deepwaters
07-15-2010, 02:09 AM
Well, I'm not going to make any predictions, but I will now semi-officially ask that the next single be Grand Central. ;) (Grand Central pour le single prochain s'il te plais ? Merci à l'avance ma chère fée.)

I should probably say something on her Facebook page too in case she doesn't swing by here in the near future . . .

Hey, it never hurts to ask! :)

Merci Alizée
07-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Ok, This is not official.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Une_Enfant_Du_Si%C3%A8cle

It mentions that Une fille Difficile will be the new single.

I'm not believing it until someone confirms it because we all know that anyone can edit wikipedia page and no source has been mentioned for this information.

Zeerre
07-15-2010, 07:38 AM
Ok, This is not official.

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Une_Enfant_Du_Si%C3%A8cle

It mentions that Une fille Deficille will be the new single.

I'm believing it until someone confirms it because we all know that anyone can edit wikipedia page and no source has been mentioned for this information.

Well if that is to be believed, the new single should come out fairly soon, it says mid-July on the page.

BTW, welcome back MA!

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-15-2010, 09:20 AM
I hope not... Une Fille Dificille wouldn't make much for good radio.

babyblue558
07-20-2010, 08:22 AM
I hope not... Une Fille Dificille wouldn't make much for good radio.

It's probably my least favourite song from the album (sorry, I know it's a lot of peoples' favourite) but to be honest, I think I'd be satisfied with official confirmation of a second single, no matter what it is. The music video will be stunning whatever the song.

sumi1
07-20-2010, 02:19 PM
I am doubtful we will get a new single.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-20-2010, 02:23 PM
I am doubtful we will get a new single.

I think we will,we just need to wait.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah, have some optimism!

sumi1
07-20-2010, 11:30 PM
It's not about me being pessimistic. Given the poor sales of UEDS, I don't think her label will be willing to invest in the new video. Psych was far more successful than UEDS, yet we only had 2 singles. Most people in France probably don't even know about the first single.

Don't hate me for saying this. I will dance with happiness if a new single comes out but right now the probability of that happening is tending to zero.

Paulina
07-21-2010, 12:38 AM
*Edit*: I think, if there were to be a new single from Une Enfant du Siecle it would be Factory Girl.

Sorry I typed Les Collines instead of Factory Girl because I was watching this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcA2biXAio

Merci Alizée
07-21-2010, 12:38 AM
I think, if there were to be a new single from Une Enfant du Siecle it would be Les Collines.

huh?:confused:

What do you mean?

*Edit*: I think, if there were to be a new single from Une Enfant du Siecle it would be Factory Girl.

Sorry I typed Les Collines instead of Factory Girl because I was watching this vid:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tcA2biXAio

Ok, that makes sense now.

User22
07-21-2010, 03:30 AM
...Les Collines was the First Single....

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-21-2010, 09:30 AM
^Obvious newb is obvious. :rolleyes:

mercenaries16
07-21-2010, 12:10 PM
hey ! UEDS its a hit on mexico its on the top 10 of international music i see les collines on tv each day i think alizee neds more promotion and the new single released a lot of friends tell me hey i hear the new song of alizee and its great i think it will be succeful

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the input, merc! Good to hear some good news.

sumi1
07-21-2010, 01:50 PM
hey ! UEDS its a hit on mexico its on the top 10 of international music i see les collines on tv each day i think alizee neds more promotion and the new single released a lot of friends tell me hey i hear the new song of alizee and its great i think it will be succeful

Merci, our Mexican friends :)

User22
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM

Alizée has struck gold once again. I am seeing more success for her now. I was getting scared that not even the Mexicans would like her this time around. Finally some good news. THIS IS VERY GOOOOD NEWS!!!!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH:D:D:D

Woh....awesome....

wasabi622
07-21-2010, 11:39 PM

Really?? Awesome!! I've been kind of worrying that UEDS might've ended up doing more poorly then Psychedelices..

sumi1
07-22-2010, 11:33 AM
This is what Ricky from AF has to say:

"Factory Girl" 2nd single from Une Enfant du Siècle

The 2nd single of Une Enfant du Siècle has been chosen: it's Factory Girl.

The Promo CD has been already edited and possibly we'll be able to see the cover this evening. The CD has not been sent to the radios yet.

Source: Cynthia (Psychalizee)

Merci Alizée
07-22-2010, 11:58 AM

Nothing much surprising with the choice of the song.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Well, if Cynthia is correct, YES! SCORE!

Jenny_HRO87
07-22-2010, 06:32 PM
it looks like that was just a hoax...

Cynthia finally got a better picture of the "promo cover"...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3373/photozc.jpg

and that's the original picture with Edie...

http://thewitcontinuum.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/edie-fashion.jpg

looks like a fake. or better. It is.

Människöpesten
07-22-2010, 06:37 PM
D: sad face.

Fèvier
07-22-2010, 06:46 PM
MAJOR LET DOWN! :(

although I could see Alizée doing that pose. I'd buy that :rolleyes:

Rev
07-22-2010, 10:43 PM
^Obvious newb is obvious. :rolleyes:

Behave.... :)

Edit:

Alizée has struck gold once again. I am seeing more success for her now. I was getting scared that not even the Mexicans would like her this time around. Finally some good news. THIS IS VERY GOOOOD NEWS!!!!!

WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH:D:D:D

Woh....awesome....

Yes. Absolutely. :D

Merci Alizée
07-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Posted by nidalizee on fb :

Contrairement aux rumeurs annoncés et au visuel (fake) qui circule, Factory Girl n'est pas le second single de l'album.

It says that Factory Girl is the second single from the album.

Wait, wait and wait.

Jenny_HRO87
07-23-2010, 10:27 AM
Posted by nidalizee on fb :

It says that Factory Girl is the second single from the album.

Wait, wait and wait.

no.

"Factoty Girl n'est pas..." means "Factory Girl isn't..."

Scruffydog777
07-23-2010, 11:26 AM

This is great news. I'm surprised by it, but I was also surpised by the success she had in Mexico with her last album. Hopefuly it will translate into more concerts down there.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
no.

"Factoty Girl n'est pas..." means "Factory Girl isn't..."

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!! Good point!

mercenaries16
07-23-2010, 01:09 PM
i hear les colines again on radio :) and im happy i think alizee need more promotion i hear les collines on the radio also see the video on tv but no promotion no alizee news what happens ?

Scruffydog777
07-23-2010, 09:42 PM
It doesn't make sense. If her music is being played in Mexico, she should do what ever she can to follow up on it, right now while the iron is still hot. If she cant find the time to hop over to Mexico to do a few interviews or promotional things, maybe she could have somebody from there come over to France to interview her as has happened in the past.

Deepwaters
07-23-2010, 09:50 PM
(Sigh.) I'm getting the feeling she may be edging into shut-down mode. She no longer allows people to write on her Facebook wall. Not smart IMO; yes she got a lot of postings by nincompoops but shutting out the fans is not the answer. (Actually there isn't an answer.) I guess if she were posting something there herself often it would be all right, but she's not.

Notre fille est une fille dificile, sans doute. :(

lefty12357
07-23-2010, 10:25 PM
(Sigh.) I'm getting the feeling she may be edging into shut-down mode. She no longer allows people to write on her Facebook wall. Not smart IMO; yes she got a lot of postings by nincompoops but shutting out the fans is not the answer. (Actually there isn't an answer.) I guess if she were posting something there herself often it would be all right, but she's not.

I've been thinking the same thing. A few telltale signs of a shut-down seem to be there. Of course on the positive side, she has 3 scheduled performances coming up, so maybe she's not ready to disappear quite yet.

But as things currently stand, it doesn't feel like there's any movement towards building some momentum for a French tour in the latter part of the year. It just feels like there will be way too much dead space between the release of UEDS and the UEDS Tour. If she drops out of site without touring this time, there will be some very unhappy fans.

I wonder what her plans are for Mexico this time around...

Tchaikovsky
07-24-2010, 10:27 AM

I've been thinking the same thing. A few telltale signs of a shut-down seem to be there. Of course on the positive side, she has 3 scheduled performances coming up, so maybe she's not ready to disappear quite yet.

But as things currently stand, it doesn't feel like there's any movement towards building some momentum for a French tour in the latter part of the year. It just feels like there will be way too much dead space between the release of UEDS and the UEDS Tour. If she drops out of site without touring this time, there will be some very unhappy fans.

I wonder what her plans are for Mexico this time around...

Noooo...

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/c/catno.jpg

lefty12357
07-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Noooo...

Well, I didn't mean to sound so gloomy. :) Let's hope that Alizée is just on vacation and she will continue promoting UEDS and her music starting in August. It is quite possible that's all that's going on, and there may be no cause for concern.

Deepwaters
07-24-2010, 01:46 PM
If we all clap our hands and say "I believe in fairies" . . . :D

User22
07-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Noooo...

http://static.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/c/catno.jpg

Agreed. These people are commiting Treason!!!!

https://jspivey.wikispaces.com/file/view/guillotine.gif/99995181/guillotine.gif

Don't worry guys I'm obviously jokin. But yah there is ALOT OF DEAD SPACE between UEDS and the UEDS TOUR....

Fall
07-24-2010, 04:37 PM
I hope she doesn't take another "break" after UEDS >_<

lefty12357
07-24-2010, 04:55 PM
I hope she doesn't take another "break" after UEDS >_<

I'm expecting that she will. I think she wants to have another child, so it could be a longer break.

Fall
07-24-2010, 04:59 PM
I'm expecting that she will. I think she wants to have another child, so it could be a longer break.
I feel the same way. Though I'll be happy for them if they have another child, who knows if there will be an album after all that :(
Even if there is, as you said it will be quite a while :(

User22
07-24-2010, 08:42 PM
I feel the same way. Though I'll be happy for them if they have another child, who knows if there will be an album after all that :(
Even if there is, as you said it will be quite a while :(

Live in the present:D Don't be suspicious about what's to come in the future, that's how Alizée works:)

But that is a possibility....a horrible possibility:(

Deepwaters
07-24-2010, 08:56 PM
But that is a possibility....a horrible possibility:(

Indeed. If she really wants to have another child, that's her choice, and it's possible she would value that over her career. She'd better be aware, though, that that's exactly the choice she'd likely be making: giving up her career, forever, in order to have another child at this time. Maybe it's worth it to her. She's the only one who can decide.

She's 25, almost 26. She should probably have the second child, if she's going to, by age 35-36, ten years from now. If it were me making the decision, I would want to put everything into the musical career, recognizing it's not going to just fall off a tree into my lap, over the next five years minimum. After five years of serious trying (and that means no compromises with any certain persons who might prefer to remain anonymous and obscure) she will either have succeeded, and be able to afford a few years' break to have another child, or be ready to give up.

My thought, though, is that if she gives up now, she will always regret it. But I could be wrong. Maybe she's ready to quit.

User22
07-24-2010, 09:34 PM
My thought, though, is that if she gives up now, she will always regret it. But I could be wrong. Maybe she's ready to quit.

Man it's hard to talk about this, but here is my thought.

Ok so she started out at 15/16 and has had a fruitful 10years music-wise. And obviously she is only 25 which is the age that most singers are discovered/they start their career. I mean come on, Mylene has more than a 20 year career and was very succesful, that just shows anything is possible for Alizee, especially since Alizee still has a grunch of fans(mexico,USA(not so much)).

So she can do it, she just has to want it. And that is her choice to make:( Alizee please don't blow it, you are still in your golden years!

Deepwaters
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
About age and children, she really started early. Age 20 is young to have a child. My older daughter was born when I was 28 and her mother was 29. My younger daughter was born four years later. As I said, Alizée has at least ten prime baby-making years left in her, and it is doable -- though not really advised -- for a woman to bear a child into her early 40s. She has plenty of time. There's no hurry.

Career-wise, I agree that this is make-or-break point.

lefty12357
07-24-2010, 10:12 PM
She may be concerned about the age difference between Annily and a brother/sister. She may not want them to be too far apart. But there's no reason Alizée can't work in the studio on a new album while she is pregnant. There's no reason she can't get back into shape rather quickly after giving birth. She could do it without too long of a break if she wants to. So it is really up to her. But she might have to accept being away from her baby once in a while during promo and tours. But a lot of mothers have to return to full time work just weeks after giving birth. I don't know that Alizée will be willing to do that, even if it's just occasionally.

She recently said in an interview (actually a couple of times I believe) that she wants to last. Based on sales, this era has been her least successful so far. If one follows that with a long break, there may be no coming back. All the more reason to get back quickly with a new album to re-energize her career before it fades too much.

I have confidence in her that she can have a baby and keep her career going, but it will require certain choices on her part. Either way, it's probably good advice to just enjoy this time while we still have her. Who knows what the future will bring? At least there should be more Alizée to come in the near future.

User22
07-24-2010, 10:30 PM
Very good thoughts right there Lefty. I want her to have a kid and keep her career, because she would be twice as happy while we are happy her career is still going and that she has a new kid.

Hope she makes the right choice.

WHAT THE CRAP NEXT MONTH IS FLIPPIN AUGUST!!!! THAT MEANS HER TOUR IS SOON!!!!

Roman
07-25-2010, 04:01 AM
"Career-wise, I agree that this is make-or-break point." Seriously? When did we first hear that. What year?
Why even challenge her like that? Why keep beating a dead horse? Give the woman a break. She's going to appear in Tel-aviv and in China and who knows, maybe someone will even get to go to a fully Alizée concert.
The album was good, but she can't be making any money. maybe someone will like her enough to make another. I'll buy it if I can. She convinced me, even if few others.

Junkmale
07-25-2010, 06:19 PM
"Career-wise, I agree that this is make-or-break point." Seriously? When did we first hear that. What year?
Why even challenge her like that? Why keep beating a dead horse? Give the woman a break. She's going to appear in Tel-aviv and in China and who knows, maybe someone will even get to go to a fully Alizée concert.
The album was good, but she can't be making any money. maybe someone will like her enough to make another. I'll buy it if I can. She convinced me, even if few others.

Well yes...and no?
UEDs was a make or break album. She still had a chance then (before it was released). That was the time to get everything right, the anticipation, the promotion everything. The opportunity was there to make it a success.

It didn't happen. Not to the extent that it should have. The consequences of that inaction are there for us all to see.

If there is another album somewhere down the line will it be any different. I doubt it.
She is her own worst enemy and makes the same mistakes over and over again without learning something from it.
Will i buy it? Yes, but don't expect anything to change career wise. It's much to late for that now.

Mon Maquis
07-25-2010, 07:08 PM
I just wanted to point out that I quickly realized back in November when I went to Paris, that Alizee was not interested in promotion of her new album.

I came back and closed down LT knowing this, so I don’t waste my time.

As for a 2nd single, Alizee kind of does things her own way. It may not always be the right choice for her, but she reports to no one.

Katy Perry has a new album coming out in August 24th and she has already released 2 singles from it, to get promotion. As for the French singer Yelle, she has a new album coming out in January and there will be singles released in a month, way before the full album. There is also Yelle has a mini tour in Los Angeles, Texas and New York to help build promotions in the USA.

Alizee does not do these things and don’t expect her to. The low sales and interest in the new album is due to her actions.

BTW, how is the “Letter” to Alizee going? Has she responded ? Has she also responded to the request for the radio interview that Ben and Scruffydog777 were planning ? Nuff said…

Människöpesten
07-25-2010, 07:18 PM
i never understand why people become so hostile when it comes to this. as she herself has said before, she's not in the music career for anyone. she's there to have fun doing something she likes. G.G.

Fall
07-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Although I agree with Manni, it's true that she won't last long if things stay the same. Personally I love Psych and UEDS but everybody knows they're not doing as well as we'd like in terms of sales overall. While this isn't very important right now because there's still other things to come, it can become a problem in the long run. Maybe they should just abandon France and concentrate on Mexico. Maybe try other places (Shanghai and Israel could work out). Maybe they should change tactics in France so that she isn't completely forgotten :/

Människöpesten
07-25-2010, 07:56 PM
yeah. in the hopes for future records, she does need to change. but still i stand by the idea of letting her do as she wishes

Tchaikovsky
07-25-2010, 07:59 PM
I just wanted to point out that I quickly realized back in November when I went to Paris, that Alizee was not interested in promotion of her new album.

I came back and closed down LT knowing this, so I don’t waste my time.

As for a 2nd single, Alizee kind of does things her own way. It may not always be the right choice for her, but she reports to no one.

Katy Perry has a new album coming out in August 24th and she has already released 2 singles from it, to get promotion. As for the French singer Yelle, she has a new album coming out in January and there will be singles released in a month, way before the full album. There is also Yelle has a mini tour in Los Angeles, Texas and New York to help build promotions in the USA.

Alizee does not do these things and don’t expect her to. The low sales and interest in the new album is due to her actions.

BTW, how is the “Letter” to Alizee going? Has she responded ? Has she also responded to the request for the radio interview that Ben and Scruffydog777 were planning ? Nuff said…

http://frmarkdwhite.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/no-happy-face.jpg

RobandSandy
07-25-2010, 08:25 PM

Ricky facebooked me and said that was all a hoax.

Edit:

This Rob will confirm Alizée is very popular among the Latino and Mexican population in Central Florida, most specifically in the Metro Olrlando area. I have talked w local stations, Alizée is being requested and they are unable to air her music until a US single is released. My boss heard Alizée being played on a jukebox at a bowling alley in Deland also. So I am positive UEDS is getting popular in Mexico. I played Zee on the bus and every Latino that could here was jamming with me. This is where she is hitting,MX FL TX CA

User22
07-25-2010, 08:41 PM
This Rob will confirm Alizée is very popular among the Latino and Mexican population in Central Florida, most specifically in the Metro Olrlando area. I have talked w local stations, Alizée is being requested and they are unable to air her music until a US single is released. My boss heard Alizée being played on a jukebox at a bowling alley in Deland also. So I am positive UEDS is getting popular in Mexico. I played Zee on the bus and every Latino that could here was jamming with me. This is where she is hitting,MX FL TX CA

Finally you have told everyone about this. Guys this is huge news and me and Rob and several others talk about this. She needs to know that she is super popular in Central America and even southeast United States. I don't know how we are going to get the news to her but man she can become super popular here with the huge migration of Mexicans.

Here is how things are right now:
http://i32.tinypic.com/nvpp5j.jpg
But I don't think I should have written Alizee over Europe, I should have put "Lolita" because that's all they think of her and their minds won't change about that. But Alizee is real here over in North America. This is really happening!

RobandSandy
07-25-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah. in the hopes for future records, she does need to change. but still i stand by the idea of letting her do as she wishes
That is the only way she is going to do anything, her way. She knows about rising popularity in Mexico and in the southern states Im sure. She is going to do what she feels is best. And we will have to wait and see just exactly what that may be. Im with Manni give Alizée a break everyone. She has already achieved so much success in only 25 years? And she can achieve more if she chooses to do it. Me, Im happy with what I have by her already and if she brings out more music I will be the first one to want to hear it. After reading this entire thread I have my own opinion, which means little. She should promte herself in Mexico w/appearances, interviews, concerts, and by releasing La Candida next. This is also gaining her fans in the southern US. I really feel like Limelight would be a great US release. Whether or not she does well patience, patience everyone.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 08:52 PM
Finally you have told everyone about this. Guys this is huge news and me and Rob and several others talk about this. She needs to know that she is super popular in Central America and even southeast United States. I don't know how we are going to get the news to her but man she can become super popular here with the huge migration of Mexicans.

Here is how things are right now:
http://i32.tinypic.com/nvpp5j.jpg
But I don't think I should have written Alizee over Europe, I should have put "Lolita" because that's all they think of her and their minds won't change about that. But Alizee is real here over in North America. This is really happening!

Haha that's true about Europe they just wont change there minds about Alizée changing. Yeah she is really popular in central(witch were I'm from) I remember I was on the eastside of Milwaukee witch is Downtown Milwaukee. I was walking past a club and guess what was blasting Moi...Lolita true story and all the people were dancing their asses off.

We just have to try really hard to get the message to her, she'll get it though.

User22
07-25-2010, 08:53 PM
See now the Mexicans(and a few very great promoters here(Scruff,Ben,MYGOGT,others I am too tired to name) have taken it into their own hands and promoted the poop out of her to where she needs no promotion there. The fire will not burn out there for centuries, just look at some of the videos of compilations of Mexicans saying that they want Alizee back ASAP. She is probably even bigger now then she was in Psych era...

But sadly most of us Americans get shot down when we talk about Alizee:(

RobandSandy
07-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Haha that's true about Europe they just wont change there minds about Alizée changing. Yeah she is really popular in central(witch were I'm from) I remember I was on the eastside of Milwaukee witch is Downtown Milwaukee. I was walking past a club and guess what was blasting Moi...Lolita true story and all the people were dancing their asses off.

We just have to try really hard to get the message to her, she'll get it though.

See what Ive been tryin to tell you Aaron?? It would be no suprise they are pumping Zee grooves into clubs man. I have had some time to party and listen to her loud and her beat is awesome to dance to. I think she is going to hit it big on the dance floor. Like I said I am too old to be clubbing anymore, but they NEED to put Zee into the mix! Marquis, how long ago did this happen?? Im sure they are pumping Zee in the Flats in cleveland too!

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 08:58 PM
See now the Mexicans(and a few very great promoters here(Scruff,Ben,MYGOGT,others I am too tired to name) have taken it into their own hands and promoted the poop out of her to where she needs no promotion there. The fire will not burn out there for centuries, just look at some of the videos of compilations of Mexicans saying that they want Alizee back ASAP. She is probably even bigger now then she was in Psych era...

But sadly most of us Americans get shot down when we talk about Alizee:(

What do you mean we americans get shot down when we speak of Alizée? We got this man all we have to do is try our hardest, if the Mexicans did it we can do it. We just have to do what they did but just twice as better then them.

User22
07-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I just still can't believe you called your local radio station and they said they were getting a lot of requests for them to play Alizée, it just blows my mind. I am so happy now that we have such good news. Because it seems so morbid around here now because people keep talking about her career ending soon and crap. It is a possibility, but the thing that is important right now is her Mexican Tour and her being spread by Mexicans into American ears.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 09:04 PM
I should call my local radio station as well, I think I am. Just to get her bigger in Milwaukee I should send them Limelight, and her english songs to as well and put Moi...Lolita in there to.

lefty12357
07-25-2010, 09:09 PM
Who knows, maybe the Mexicans might possibly mount one of their trademark promotional efforts and target the USA themselves. They have friends and family here. We have seen how great the Mexicans are at doing this.

Personally, I would like to see Alizée release "Limelight" in the US right now, even if it's just digital download. At least it might get airplay. But I admit I have never understood her logic when it comes to promotion and fan relations. Much of the time it makes absolutely no sense to me. But regardless, I wish her all the luck in the world.

RobandSandy
07-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Man YOU GUYS I am about ready to make a REALLY BIG SIGN that says ALIZEE in huge letters and go stand out on the main road so when people see it they get curious and go to home to google ALIZEE Marquis, when did you hear Moi Lolita in the club dude??? When?

User22
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Guys I think we should move this amazing eye-opening conversation to the new "Alizee-American Revolution" Thread Imma bout to put up.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 09:21 PM
People I think it's time, I really do think it's time. I know we all have done a little pramotiong ourselfs, but I think we all need to get down and serious call radio stations, make signs saying "ALIZEE FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT ALIZEEAMERICA.COM or ALIZEE-RADIO.COM, Go in our streets of our hometowns and blast her music and video tape it and send it to Alizée and let her know how hard we are working to get her down here. So what do you guys say should we get started or what!!!!!

User22
07-25-2010, 09:39 PM
People I think it's time, I really do think it's time. I know we all have done a little pramotiong ourselfs, but I think we all need to get down and serious call radio stations, make signs saying "ALIZEE FOR MORE INFO CHECK OUT ALIZEEAMERICA.COM or ALIZEE-RADIO.COM, Go in our streets of our hometowns and blast her music and video tape it and send it to Alizée and let her know how hard we are working to get her down here. So what do you guys say should we get started or what!!!!!

I bet some of the senior members on this thread are just shaking their heads at us saying they have tried and it can't be done. But we have the help of the Mexicans! Anyway if anyone wants to keep discusssing this please talk about it in the new thread here: http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5858

Roman
07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I understand. Everyone wants her to do more. Even she wishes she could do certain things. I know, you want another single, a video, performances of her looking really hot and singing the song you like on tv. You want the beautiful sexy woman with the amiable personality, good manners and cute voice to give you a good show and dream about either being her or being with her. You would be delighted to explore a new artistic expression that appeals to your artistic senses and holds with the persona of Alizée that you like. And you want the chance to go see her in concert among hoards of screaming fans. Yeah, that time was great.

So, without those fairly slick, sexy and/or sweet performances that I think are what have held people's attention (hard to argue with sex appeal), why should we care anymore? Well, all I can say is that when I listen to the album, I remember why I should care and yeah, she can still be really nice to look at. She has enough talent and qualities to have a place, just doesn't exercise it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Of course, performance is difficult and art even more difficult. Even Boutonnat's first feature film that he produced with Mylène was a financial and critical disaster. Wikipedia claims that's why they split ways for a time. Anyone can fail. But I think neither they nor Alizée are failures in creating what they wanted to create. It's just a failure of convincing the rest of the world to like it a lot. So, it's up to her. We are beating a dead horse going over what she should or shouldn't do.

I saw a documentary stating that Michael Jackson's record company was unhappy and complained in like 2003 when his album only sold a measly 2 million copies. Well, I guess it's all about expectations and investment already sunk.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 10:44 PM
I understand. Everyone wants her to do more. Even she wishes she could do certain things. I know, you want another single, a video, performances of her looking really hot and singing the song you like on tv. You want the beautiful sexy woman with the amiable personality, good manners and cute voice to give you a good show and dream about either being her or being with her. You would be delighted to explore a new artistic expression that appeals to your artistic senses and holds with the persona of Alizée that you like. And you want the chance to go see her in concert among hoards of screaming fans. Yeah, that time was great.

So, without those fairly slick, sexy and/or sweet performances that I think are what have held people's attention (hard to argue with sex appeal), why should we care anymore? Well, all I can say is that when I listen to the album, I remember why I should care and yeah, she can still be really nice to look at. She has enough talent and qualities to have a place, just doesn't exercise it. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Of course, performance is difficult and art even more difficult. Even Boutonnat's first feature film that he produced with Mylène was a financial and critical disaster. Wikipedia claims that's why they split ways for a time. Anyone can fail. But I think neither they nor Alizée are failures in creating what they wanted to create. It's just a failure of convincing the rest of the world to like it a lot. So, it's up to her. We are beating a dead horse going over what she should or shouldn't do.

I saw a documentary stating that Michael Jackson's record company was unhappy and complained in like 2003 when his album only sold a measly 2 million copies. Well, I guess it's all about expectations and investment already sunk.

C'mon Roman you can't think about it that way. If the Mexicans got her to come to Mexico and she noticed, what makes you think she wont come over here. I think there's a good chance of her coming to the States it might take awhile but it's worth the wait. We are just trying to get her records to sell in America that's all. Then she might noticed how bad we want her over here.

User22
07-25-2010, 10:52 PM
See what you are saying Roman, the choice of what she is/isn't going to do is ultimately up to her. But we should try and promote her since she isn't promoting over here or in Mexico yet. We have to keep the flame going until the time of her Mexican tour so she can go in there with a bang.

And whether or not people like her for her music or just her looks, as long as people appreciate her, she will always have something to hold on to. We should just keep telling people about her and eventually her 2nd golden years will come if she accepts the invitation. We need to help her and give her somewhat of a chance for her to come in strong to Mexico and other places so she can keep going and want to keep going.

Marquis<3Alizée
07-25-2010, 10:58 PM
See what you are saying Roman, the choice of what she is/isn't going to do is ultimately up to her. But we should try and promote her since she isn't promoting over here or in Mexico yet. We have to keep the flame going until the time of her Mexican tour so she can go in there with a bang.

And whether or not people like her for her music or just her looks, as long as people appreciate her, she will always have something to hold on to. We should just keep telling people about her and eventually her 2nd golden years will come if she accepts the invitation. We need to help her and give her somewhat of a chance for her to come in strong to Mexico and other places so she can keep going and want to keep going.

True so true man.

Roman
07-25-2010, 11:11 PM
C'mon Roman you can't think about it that way. If the Mexicans got her to come to Mexico and she noticed, what makes you think she wont come over here. I think there's a good chance of her coming to the States it might take awhile but it's worth the wait. We are just trying to get her records to sell in America that's all. Then she might noticed how bad we want her over here.
Ok, I'm not even sure what you are you reacting to, but whatever. If you can succeed in promoting her, great.

RobandSandy
07-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Roman, we are all reacting to a post mercenaries put up about how on radio and tv Alizée is being played on a daily basis and some of my experiences here in the Central Florida rerion which is heavily populated by hispanics of which a greater sum have heard of or like or even love Alizée

sumi1
07-25-2010, 11:33 PM

That is great. Just one question. Are radio stations unable to play her songs due to copyright limitations? Is it possible for them to play some fan made remixes/edited versions of songs, say a medley?

User22
07-25-2010, 11:39 PM
That is great. Just one question. Are radio stations unable to play her songs due to copyright limitations? Is it possible for them to play some fan made remixes/edited versions of songs, say a medley?

He will answer too, but yes I think they can since most are unnofficial and weren't copyrighted...

Fèvier
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
so........................ what up with the new single? :blink:

Fall
09-01-2010, 08:59 PM
My guess is that there won't be a new single :/

Azhiri
09-01-2010, 09:04 PM

Only one single for the whole album? Woooow. I know I should be used to a somewhat lack of activity from Lili but that's a little silly. Ahhh that sounds mean, but.. seriously :C

wasabi622
09-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Only one single for the whole album? Woooow. I know I should be used to a somewhat lack of activity from Lili but that's a little silly. Ahhh that sounds mean, but.. seriously :C

I'm beginning to wonder about the truth in the rumors about her possibly leaving her singing career.. :blink:

Rev
09-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm beginning to wonder about the truth in the rumors about her possibly leaving her singing career.. :blink:

Do not assume that what comes from the text of naysayers constitutes a rumor. :)

ImRawdg
09-02-2010, 12:13 AM
The only reason she would want to leave would be because she isn't satisfied with no longer being able to fill large venues and sell thousands upon thousands of records. If she capitalizes on her current following, and is more intimate with fans, things would be still cruising right along. I mean jeez, just do some small things and get out there.

But she can only do what she wants to. Each day of stagnancy and inactivity brings her another step closer to a nobody. She really could still do something about it. But personally, I think this is it.

I miss 2008. A lot.

wasabi622
09-02-2010, 12:20 AM
The only reason she would want to leave would be because she isn't satisfied with no longer being able to fill large venues and sell thousands upon thousands of records. If she capitalizes on her current following, and is more intimate with fans, things would be still cruising right along. I mean jeez, just do some small things and get out there.

But she can only do what she wants to. Each day of stagnancy and inactivity brings her another step closer to a nobody. She really could still do something about it. But personally, I think this is it.

I miss 2008. A lot.

You bring up a lot of good points. Maybe she isn't satisfied with not being able to sell thousands of records and having large concerts, maybe we were all wrong about her just wanting to simply make music that she wants to make.

I don't think that she has to sell the amount of records she did back in the glory days, but seeing as how her popularity has fallen quite a lot, it only makes sense for her to make up for it by being more active about it.

It doesn't mean that she absolutely needs to get "intimate" with her fans, but damn, it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.

ImRawdg
09-02-2010, 12:37 AM
...it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.

Beeeeautiful, sir! Could not have said it better.

If she doesn't want to do anything, she should say. Seriously, come on. I wish she would just tell us if this "rain" is coming, and if not, just stop "waiting" for it and go home.

Don't get me wrong, I really do not want bad things to happen, but I wish she wouldn't put us in this same position evvverrry time something does happen.

At least I still have the music. My fandom has become less and less for her, but more for her music (though I've always felt that way towards the music). Maybe I should just thank MF/LB (and Loic Pontieux, I don't care what anyone says, I believe he is responsible for a lot of the awesomeness of the MCE/En Concert stuff). I still listen to most of her songs and just close my eyes and go back to when I was still completely alone with it and didn't know anything about her yet...

Deepwaters
09-02-2010, 01:16 AM
It doesn't mean that she absolutely needs to get "intimate" with her fans, but damn, it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.

"Intimate" can mean more than one thing. If she is going to be playing to smaller audiences and dealing with smaller record sales, then that invokes one kind of intimacy: the kind where she performs in a small, intimate setting.

I have felt for a long time that Alizée has a difficult time reconciling her private and public lives. It's legitimate and necessary to wall off a part of her life and keep it out of view from the public. It's not legitimate and unnecessary to reduce contact with fans to near nonexistence. Since she is no longer a pop sensation of the scale she used to be, communicating with fans is crucial. Of all Alizée's assets, her personality has always been the most important in her success, and when that is invisible, she loses half her appeal.

I think the Melle Alizée Bis Facebook page was a nice move in that direction. When it was first created, I went, "Huh?" because she already had a fan page. But I think I understand it now. It was a more intimate venue than her fan page. It allowed fans to say to themselves, "Wow, she accepted me as a friend!" Unfortunately it ran afoul of FB regulations, so it won't be coming back I think. But it shows she has at least some notion that she needs to communicate more.

Communicating more often would be an even better step. It's funny, but in a conversation with someone in France, I once said something like this, and he immediately jumped to the conclusion I was talking about her private life, which tells me that she may think that way as well. I wasn't, though. Her fans don't need to know if she cooks Italian, if Jérémy is having an affair, or if Annily tied the dog's tail hair in bow-knots. But they do need to know what she's up to musically and what they can hope for, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to share what the creative process is like in her art. I've done something like that on my own FB page and she can check it for examples of what I'm talking about.

Above all, what she needs to do is not get discouraged. UEDS was not a commercial success. Acknowledge that, don't hide it. I feel it was an artistic success nonetheless, but sometimes you just don't hit the right tones to appeal to lots of people. There's no shame in it. Just acknowledge it, and maybe try to get a feel for what people want to hear that she would feel right singing. It's always a compromise.

MarkL
09-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Exactly, one cannot dwell in the past and by embracing our failures and times when we do not succeed, we build character and strengthen ourselves in the future. Pencils come with erasers for a reason, no one is perfect we all make mistakes and errors but unless we realize that we cant make something better out of them.

The commercial failure of the newest album should be seen as a step towards a newer Alizee

Kronos
09-02-2010, 04:23 AM
I seem to recall this exact conversation, about Alizée's careerending doomsday and whatnot, almost 2 years ago when the concert was cancelled twice. I'm not saying things are the same as they were (I became a fan right about that time so I wouldn't know as much as some of you do) but things were tough then aswell. It is kind of silly that she's doing as much now, with an album just released, as she were between albums, Aguascalientes to January or something like that. I mean the later half of 2009 absolutely nothing happened, we kept ourselves busy with tweeterwall votings and untrue rumours.

I guess people shouldn't really get ahead of themselves, there's still Shanghai and concerts in mexico/france. Want those concerts to actually happen? Then stop sulking and maybe take a slightly more casual approach to Lili, because being a hardcore Lili fan is kind of rough at some times, I guess.

babyblue558
09-02-2010, 12:06 PM

I miss 2008. A lot.

I don't think that the astounding lack of promotion for UEDS is entirely her fault, I mean TV and Radio stations might no longer want her on their shows because the album's selling badly. She can want to be performing on TV all she likes, but if the channel refuses to allow her then there's nothing she can do about it. But yeah, that's not to say there's nothing she can do to further promote the album.

Roman
09-04-2010, 12:53 AM
... But they do need to know what she's up to musically and what they can hope for, and it wouldn't be a bad thing to share what the creative process is like in her art. I've done something like that on my own FB page and she can check it for examples of what I'm talking about.
I think she has shared a lot and spoken a lot about a lot of things, but perhaps she can't ever do enough to satisfy people because she just simply doesn't have much to talk about. She has already expressed hopes, intentions, promises and even shared some personal information with the world. But if she can't make plans come together and knows it, then what can she even say?

While I agree that I would like to hear even more than she has already said about the process of creating the album and in fact tv performances, maybe it wouldn't cast her in a great light because she just basically does what people tell her to do and is not the source of much creativity as opposed to how she's sort of presented as the leader. Nah. I don't think it is that though. Still, there does seem to be a certain amount of what Alizée herself brings to it. I've seen it in videos of back-stage preparation (like that one at Les Enfoirés where it seemed like she was telling other people how to sing something). If that indeed is the case, she should make a video that says "this is how to create a performance" and just go through it all whatever it is. I think she could do that at this point. Why would she? Because I think it would be cool? I guess not.

Zeerre
09-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Hopefully this recent lack of activity means that she's been busy working on a new music video.

Hey! One can dream.

User22
09-04-2010, 10:06 AM
Hopefully this recent lack of activity means that she's been busy working on a new music video.

Yah cause guys, she has to be doing something with UEDS whether it be getting a concert ready, performing on other shows(musik'elles), or making a video for another single.

She has to be doing something since obviously she hasn't announced the end of her career:rolleyes:

Fèvier
09-11-2010, 09:03 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if she one day releases this as an actual single? :D

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LfzeOcN9mg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b&amp;border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5LfzeOcN9mg?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b&amp;border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

I'd so buy it :p

HelixSix
09-11-2010, 10:28 PM
it's like waiting for rain in the friggen Sahara right now.
Then you are putting yourself in the position of being continuously disappointed. It's the Sahara desert after all. Just be happy when she does give us something.

People need to remember she had everything handed to her on a silver platter before and she only had to worry about being a performer. Everybody loved her instantly. Now she is out on her own and I believe has suffered from the true toughness of the industry and has lost a lot of confidence partly because of fans who put too much pressure on her and want her to be something she isn't.

It's like child actors. They reach their peak before they are even grown up. No matter what they do it's usually downhill the rest of their lives. I believe she has a music career in front of her, just not as a performer.

Roman
09-12-2010, 06:31 AM
Then you are putting yourself in the position of being continuously disappointed. It's the Sahara desert after all. Just be happy when she does give us something.

People need to remember she had everything handed to her on a silver platter before and she only had to worry about being a performer. Everybody loved her instantly. Now she is out on her own and I believe has suffered from the true toughness of the industry and has lost a lot of confidence partly because of fans who put too much pressure on her and want her to be something she isn't.

It's like child actors. They reach their peak before they are even grown up. No matter what they do it's usually downhill the rest of their lives. I believe she has a music career in front of her, just not as a performer.
Of course. She really impressed so many people as a performer when she was with M&L. So, they expected her to show up like a pop star with the great appeal and effectiveness that warrants spending tons of time and money on promotions and big tours. She came back unprepared to launch a new career in the face of her younger self who was practically a "local deity" at that point. So, those who can't keep up with what it takes, can't take that place. That's what happened, along with the music simply not being a hit.

I've had my times of thinking that her more recent albums were very moving and needed more promotion because the quality of the music deserved it, but I just haven't seen Alizée run with what interest was there. That's the whole "true toughness of the industry" thing I suppose.

But, it's more than that... She went on Grains de star trying to introduce herself and appeal to the world as a performing singer. It worked and she impressed M&L as the right person for their project. Since then, she's been kind of "setup" to do performances as a star (while promoting herself and her albums). So... if she's not doing like a conventional singer, writing songs and trying to get gigs to perform them wherever like musicians do, and she can't do the other thing--showing up as a popular celebrity singer for special shows--what is she supposed to do?

What career does she have if she can't be a conventional singer? She doesn't even advertise the existence of her previous albums on her own web site. I must say. I just don't understand her position in this regard or what she's supposed to be anymore. Either that, or what I did understand just didn't happen.

Människöpesten
09-12-2010, 10:00 AM

my name is Manni, and i approve this message. and, HARRO.

severianb
09-26-2010, 10:10 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if she one day releases this as an actual single? :D

Not only do you have great taste in dew-rag avatars, you have great taste in music. What an amazing live performance from such a young person. Such a powerful voice. There was no choice but to make her a star. :cool:

VVVACCPLPNLY
09-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if she released ANYTHING as a single? Sigh...

User22
09-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Wouldn't it be awesome if she released ANYTHING as a single? Sigh...

Yes it would be...man, based on the vibes I'm getting from AF and AAm, the UEDS era seems to have come and gone...no one knows if a tour will happen or anything...I am pretty sure a new single won't happen:(

Zeerre
09-28-2010, 06:31 AM
I am pretty sure a new single won't happen:(

Yeah, I don't think there's gonna be another single from UEdS, I mean "Les Collines" was released more than six months ago...

VVVACCPLPNLY
09-28-2010, 09:13 AM
My sentiments exactly. She slowly decreseased in number of singles per cd. 4 for Gourmandises, 3 for MCE, 2 for Psych, and 1 for UEDS. But I never thought she actually would do just one single. Sigh... But part of me always feared... It's a poetic end I guess.

User22
09-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Sad times...I think we should just enjoy what we have I guess...

mercenaries16
09-28-2010, 10:31 AM
why alizee dont matters :( i want new single people wants a new single mexico wants alizee but alizee just go to concerts of other people she dont do anithing she fell sleep :(

User22
09-28-2010, 10:33 AM
why alizee dont matters :( i want new single people wants a new single mexico wants alizee but alizee just go to concerts of other people she dont do anithing she fell sleep :(

Is Alizee's popularity in Mexico dying out because of this? Or is she still very popular even though she hasn't performed there yet?

mercenaries16
09-28-2010, 10:35 AM
i dont know man but i just dont know where alizee fan site mexico is i dont find on google and i think these are bad news

User22
09-28-2010, 10:37 AM
i dont know man but i just dont know where alizee fan site mexico is i dont find on google and i think these are bad news

No, there is one...It is Alizee-Latino.com

mercenaries16
09-28-2010, 10:39 AM
oh sorry i just overreacted XD

User22
09-28-2010, 10:43 AM
oh sorry i just overreacted XD

Hahaha no problem. So is Alizee stilll played on the radio over there?

mercenaries16
09-28-2010, 10:47 AM
no , i dont hear it again but i think if her release a new single it will be in the radio for a couple of months i remember when she did the psychedelcies tour on mexico it was a mess alizee everywhere in the radio on the street everyone talks about alizee and then alizee go and never talk about that again :(

User22
09-28-2010, 10:49 AM
no , i dont hear it again but i think if her release a new single it will be in the radio for a couple of months i remember when she did the psychedelcies tour on mexico it was a mess alizee everywhere in the radio on the street everyone talks about alizee and then alizee go and never talk about that again :(

That really stinks:( A couple days I just watched the video of one of her signings that got cancelled in Mexico during Psych. There were so many people!!!! And the Alizee En Mexico videos by Prodigy MSN showed me how popular she was over there!!

mercenaries16
09-28-2010, 10:52 AM
oh yes its a little bit funny that in that time i saw alizee and i thnk who is she hum another pretty girl singing in mexico what a surprise a couple months after i star to like alizee and i mess myself for dont go to her cocnerts because at that time dont like it XD but yeah if alizee does some promotion in mexico i think she will be another big boom on sales but with no promotion no new singles mexico cant do miracles if alizee dont help

User22
09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
oh yes its a little bit funny that in that time i saw alizee and i thnk who is she hum another pretty girl singing in mexico what a surprise a couple months after i star to like alizee and i mess myself for dont go to her cocnerts because at that time dont like it XD but yeah if alizee does some promotion in mexico i think she will be another big boom on sales but with no promotion no new singles mexico cant do miracles if alizee dont help

Yah, hopefully this tour will happen and she will be back in the Limelight in Mexico:D

wasabi622
09-28-2010, 11:00 PM
Note how this thread is "speculation". I'm foreseeing that as Alizée fans, we'll be doing a crap ton of that!

User22
09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Note how this thread is "speculation". I'm foreseeing that as Alizée fans, we'll be doing a crap ton of that!

Exactly....this thread is worthless in that case, cause speculating something that won't come is pointless:(

wasabi622
09-28-2010, 11:33 PM
Exactly....this thread is worthless in that case, cause speculating something that won't come is pointless:(

Nah, I don't think so. I'm sure eventually something new will come out, so continually speculating keeps the hope alive. :)

babyblue558
09-29-2010, 02:17 AM

Nah it can just turn into one of those countless "general Alizée / off topic discussion" threads we have. :D

User22
09-29-2010, 10:01 PM
Nah it can just turn into one of those countless "general Alizée / off topic discussion" threads we have. :D

I think every thread eventually turns into this once the first few pages of serious discussion are over and done with haha. Just like you said, there are a countless number of them. And I really feel bad when I forget what the topic of the thread I am commenting in haha, cause everything goes off topic:D

wasabi622
09-30-2010, 02:17 AM
I think every thread eventually turns into this once the first few pages of serious discussion are over and done with haha. Just like you said, there are a countless number of them. And I really feel bad when I forget what the topic of the thread I am commenting in haha, cause everything goes off topic:D

It can't be helped really. I mean, we're swimming around and drowning in our own guesses and hopes. Every once a while though, we get something right and then BAM! EXPLOSION!!!(Such as Scruffy getting the signed UEDS CDs). But that's pretty rare.

We just got to try to stay focused. :)

User22
09-30-2010, 06:03 PM
It can't be helped really. I mean, we're swimming around and drowning in our own guesses and hopes. Every once a while though, we get something right and then BAM! EXPLOSION!!!(Such as Scruffy getting the signed UEDS CDs). But that's pretty rare.

We just got to try to stay focused. :)

Yah I guess your right. I feel bad, cause that Alizee America suggestion box thread already took a wrong turn and went off-topic for awhile. I tried to get it back on...Almost 90% of our threads go off-topic at one point or another:)

Fèvier
10-04-2010, 05:57 PM
tweet from AlizéeCommunity:

Alizée prévoit un concert pour début 2011, et envisage un nouveau single... peut être inédit ! (Merci David D.)

:D:D:D:D:D:D

babyblue558
10-04-2010, 06:06 PM
tweet from AlizéeCommunity:

:D:D:D:D:D:D

WOOOOOW best news I've heard since last Tuesday haha... do we know if this is official or just a rumour?? Please say official!! :D :D :D

BlackAnthem
10-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Alizée prévoit un concert pour début 2011, et envisage un nouveau single... peut être inédit ! (Merci David D.)

What does it say? Unlike the majority here, I guess, I don't know the language...I think it says:

Alizee will go on concert with her debut album and !single! in 2011 something and something.

:D

DrSmith
10-04-2010, 06:19 PM
I don't mean to brag, but I have what's known as «Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/#fr|en|)». :D It's very expensive. ;)

Alizée provides a concert in early 2011, and envisions a new single ... may be unique!

I think that means… maybe a new song not from UEdS? I dunno.

mercenaries16
10-04-2010, 06:58 PM
I don't mean to brag, but I have what's known as «Google Translate (http://translate.google.com/#fr|en|)». :D It's very expensive. ;)

I think that means… maybe a new song not from UEdS? I dunno.

alizee is full of surprrises omg :D

wasabi622
10-04-2010, 11:36 PM
All righty! Good stuff!! :D

Though if it's not UEDS stuff.. does that means she's already moving on from UEDS? Seems like she's basically nothing with UEDS, kind of early to leave it behind isn't it?

Deepwaters
10-04-2010, 11:47 PM
Alizée prévoit un concert pour début 2011, et envisage un nouveau single... peut être inédit !

Alizée envisions a concert to begin in 2011, and plans to release a new single -- maybe something previously unpublished!

Note however that this is not from any "official" Alizée source. There's been nothing on her blog or her Facebook fan page, so we have to regard this as unconfirmed for the present.

Azhiri
10-05-2010, 12:34 AM
Ooh, how exciting -- I think we shouldn't get our hopes up though, since nothing official's been spotted yet ;)

In the meantime, thoooough...
I wonder where she plans to have the concert? Do you guys think she's gonna stick with her fanbase in Mexico or attempt to expand the french public's awareness of her new image? Ooh, and I wonder if she'll continue that image or go in a different direction with some kind of introductory single, not for a new album but for a new look. Hmmmm!

Fèvier
10-05-2010, 12:37 AM
Ooh, how exciting -- I think we shouldn't get our hopes up though, since nothing official's been spotted yet ;)

I wonder where she plans to have the concert? Do you guys think she's gonna stick with her fanbase in Mexico or attempt to expand the french public's awareness of her new image? Ooh, and I wonder if she'll continue that image or go in a different direction with some kind of introductory single, not for a new album but for a new look. Hmmmm!

Hmm...... All the possible outcomes. But only one result. What shall it be?

Azhiri
10-05-2010, 12:38 AM
hmm...... All the possible outcomes. But only one result. What shall it be?

-suspense-

Zeerre
10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Yay, finally some good (although unofficial) news!

severianb
10-05-2010, 09:19 AM

If she is waiting that long, I bet it's a new song. And she will have a new look. This news further cements my belief she has no intention of retiring. Our Lilly, small as she may be, is tough. She's gonna get back up, dust herself off, and keep trying.

I have faith. In Alizee we trust.

babyblue558
10-05-2010, 12:10 PM
If she is waiting that long, I bet it's a new song. And she will have a new look. This news further cements my belief she has no intention of retiring. Our Lilly, small as she may be, is tough. She's gonna get back up, dust herself off, and keep trying.

I have faith. In Alizee we trust.

Wooo more talk like this is needed :p Lets not assume the worst

BlackAnthem
10-05-2010, 02:51 PM

Do'h! :o

All righty! Good stuff!! :D

Though if it's not UEDS stuff.. does that means she's already moving on from UEDS? Seems like she's basically nothing with UEDS, kind of early to leave it behind isn't it?

Well, it may not have been as big of a success as she wanted. To be honest I haven't listened to that album more than once. I should listen to it again, although no song on there caught my attention... :o :(

Jenny_HRO87
10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
a bit more info about that:

Dado (a French fan) met her (Alizée) at the (Nolwenn) concert too!! And he asked some questions about her future: basically Alizée confirmed her willing to put together the persons who worked on UEDS and make a concert in the beginning of new year (after Les Enfoirés I guess), so the reason why the concert has not taken place yet is that the musicians are not there (if my informations are correct, Chateau Marmont are on tour and Rob should be in USA, so no chance to make reahersals).
She also said that (before the concert) she will release a new single (maybe an inedit!!!!) and try to exploit it, but, guess what, she also confirmed that "for her the promotion is very very difficult...": this confirms what I was arguing... :wink:

btw my friend Matthias (magicstocki, member of AF) met her also yesterday at Nolwenn's concert and got a photo... lucky one :D I'll show you as soon he can upload it...

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know who Ricky83 is, but that's a lot of information coming from him, so kudos! Though.. what is an "inedit"? :blink:

DrSmith
10-05-2010, 05:17 PM
Inédit means new, apparently.

http://french.about.com/od/vocabulary/g/inedit.htm

Jenny_HRO87
10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't know who Ricky83 is, but that's a lot of information coming from him, so kudos! Though.. what is an "inedit"? :blink:

Ricky is italian, member of psychalizee, Alizee Community and ofc AF... he just translated the news from Dado (Alizée Community) who gave the infos for the tweet which was quoted here...

"inedit" just means "new, unpublished" - it's french word for it...

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
Inédit means new, apparently.

http://french.about.com/od/vocabulary/g/inedit.htm

Huh, so it does, wonder if it'll be something totally new, or something along the lines of UEDS?
(Thanks btw!)

Azhiri
10-05-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't mind what sound it has, I just want something new! :D

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 08:02 PM

Be careful what you wish for! I kept saying that and UEDS ended up being a bit of a shocker for me.

User22
10-05-2010, 08:38 PM
If you haven't heard the news, well then this will make you all very happy....you must read it:D

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6012

:D:D:D:D:D

new single early next year

Zeerre
10-05-2010, 08:50 PM

And I want something better.

User22
10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
And I want something better.

Why would you need something better? Everything Alizee makes is to awesome to be improved upon :D Time to go put that in the Alizee Rules thread :D

DrSmith
10-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Everything Alizee makes is to awesome to be improved upon :D

I disagree.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySe4X5U6Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySe4X5U6Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Zeerre
10-05-2010, 09:03 PM
I disagree.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySe4X5U6Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aySe4X5U6Go?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0 xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

And I agree with your disagreement.;)
I want something better than "Les Collines."

DrSmith
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
(btw I posted the Jean Elan remix as an example of how something can be improved, because it's pretty awesome)

User22
10-05-2010, 09:06 PM
wow, i never noticed until now that i posted old news....please laugh at me :(

DrSmith
10-05-2010, 09:08 PM
What? :confused:

Zeerre
10-05-2010, 09:09 PM
wow, i never noticed until now that i posted old news....please laugh at me :(

http://imgur.com/DxNDm.jpg

User22
10-05-2010, 09:15 PM
http://imgur.com/DxNDm.jpg

Thats all i needed :) thanks.

But yah cause i posted about how alizee was at Nolweens concert and how a french dude asked her about any new singles and then i looked farther up and HRO already posted it :(

Zeerre
10-05-2010, 09:25 PM

But yah cause i posted about how alizee was at Nolweens concert and how a french dude asked her about any new singles and then i looked farther up and HRO already posted it :(

Just to make you feel even better:
http://nelsonhaha.com/

Make sure your sound is on.;)

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 09:28 PM

Ah don't worry about it. Some news deserved to be said twice. :D

User22
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
Ah don't worry about it. Some news deserved to be said twice. :D

YES!!! We should slaughter the calf and celebrate!!! Because we can now dissregard all the negativity floating around the Alizee Fan World saying that "Alizee's career is over and she doesn't care about us" thing...I actually believed it for 2 secs after hearing it again and again on AF after her controversial appearance with BB Brunes since she didn't say "Merci"...psh thankyou-ing is overrated:D

Azhiri
10-05-2010, 10:08 PM
I hadn't heard, so I'm glad you reposted it!! :D

User22
10-05-2010, 10:20 PM
I hadn't heard, so I'm glad you reposted it!! :D

Awesome then, now I don't feel so dum

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 10:27 PM
I hope this new single will be more upbeatish. Maybe she'll dance again!

User22
10-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Maybe she'll dance again!

Haha, and yah pigs will fly:rolleyes:

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/flying-pig.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok nevermind it's possible she will dance again:D

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Haha, and yah pigs will fly:rolleyes:

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/flying-pig.jpg
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok nevermind it's possible she will dance again:D

? She was a dancer before she was a singer ya know. :rolleyes:

User22
10-05-2010, 10:39 PM
? She was a dancer before she was a singer ya know. :rolleyes:

She was a girl before she was a woman you know....see there is no point to your point. You are just stating the obvious...mind games FTW...that's right think hard:D

And this is the point where I stop posting and go to bed :D Cause I make no cents :D

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 10:43 PM
She was a girl before she was a woman you know....see there is no point to your point. You are just stating the obvious...mind games FTW...that's right think hard:D

And this is the point where I stop posting and go to bed :D Cause I make no cents :D

You better be being sarcastic or I'm going to punch you in the face.

AlizéeInspired
10-05-2010, 10:48 PM
You better be being sarcastic or I'm going to punch you in the face.

http://www.baltimore-club.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/oh-snap.jpg

User22
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
What thread is this again? Oh yah, can't wait for the new single.

So do you guys think that it will be a totally new song separate from the CD or just releasing one of the songs on UEDS or something?

Deepwaters
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
All of that is coming from a casual bit of conversation between Alizée and a fan at a concert. It's not "these are definite plans" so much as "this is what I'd kind of like to do and am more or less thinking about, and we're here and you're asking me so I sort of have to say something, don't I?" My take on the new song thing is that this is one of the ideas percolating around in her head and nothing is really solidly decided yet. I'm sure she'll come out with something sooner or later, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

User22
10-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Well, yes, we know this isn't definite since 1)there is no date to the release, and 2)she doesn't know which one to release as a single probably. Who knows, this might not even happen. But let's hope for the best...

Deepwaters
10-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm just saying it's not going to happen any time real soon. Comparing this conversation to my own art: I have one book written (sequel to The Stairway to Nowhere) and am working on getting cover art. I have several other books in progress. I have a couple of others I'm sort of thinking about writing but haven't started on yet.

This single she talked about is comparable to the books I'm sort of thinking about but haven't started yet, not to the one I've finished and am looking for cover art. Unless she decides to do a single from UEDS, of course; those songs are recorded already. But it's obvious she's just thinking about this and there's nothing definitely decided yet.

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I feel like most things that we deal with are not official. We just kind of grab at anything that sounds decently legit and run with it until we either take off or fall on our faces. :p

babyblue558
10-06-2010, 01:04 PM
I feel like most things that we deal with are not official. We just kind of grab at anything that sounds decently legit and run with it until we either take off or fall on our faces. :p

I'm grateful for anything that gives me hope... I know things have been tough for her recently.

I really hope she goes for something more radio-friendly if/when this new single comes out. UEDS was lovely, but it's not the kind of music that sells. She really needs another pop hit to get her off her feet again.

We all know she can do it, I really just hope she believes it too and knows what must be done.

Azhiri
10-06-2010, 02:08 PM
All of that is coming from a casual bit of conversation between Alizée and a fan at a concert. It's not "these are definite plans" so much as "this is what I'd kind of like to do and am more or less thinking about, and we're here and you're asking me so I sort of have to say something, don't I?" My take on the new song thing is that this is one of the ideas percolating around in her head and nothing is really solidly decided yet. I'm sure she'll come out with something sooner or later, but I wouldn't hold my breath just yet.

This is probably true but we need to keep ourselves busy somehow! That's the point of speculation, right? :p

User22
10-06-2010, 02:11 PM

....Dude....that can sum up this whole forum....very nice....I was never able to put that thought into words...

BlackAnthem
10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
So what is the speculated date on the single? Early 2011?

User22
10-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Well Les Enfoires is 1/26/11...so it will probably be after that....

Maybe March 29th?:D hahahaha

BlackAnthem
10-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Well Les Enfoires is 1/26/11...so it will probably be after that....

Maybe March 29th?:D hahahaha

Excuse me for not being up to date...What is Les Enfoires?

User22
10-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Excuse me for not being up to date...What is Les Enfoires?

You have been a fan since June of 2009....how do you not know of Alizee being in Les Enfoires?!:eek:

And if you didn't notice...March 29th is when UEDS came out :D hahaha...

DrSmith
10-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I vaguely know what Les Enfoirés is, even though I've read about it multiple times. Some kind of charity gig with French celebrities.

Tchaikovsky
10-06-2010, 05:23 PM
This is the only Les Enfoirés video I can remember watching.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuqNwdBmwJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VuqNwdBmwJQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqNwdBmwJQ

(btw does anyone know who the chick is at 1:30? lol)

BlackAnthem
10-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Ok. See I thought that's what it was :o :rolleyes: :p ;)

MarkL
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Man Alizee's voice in that video is amazing

jung_adore_ALIZEE
10-06-2010, 07:38 PM
(btw does anyone know who the chick is at 1:30? lol)

Well I'd have to say that be Lorie there at that particular point.

Regards,

Jung

Zeerre
10-06-2010, 08:07 PM

Yeah, she might have just been telling a fan what he wanted to hear. Hopefully, she'll follow through with what she said.

User22
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Ok. See I thought that's what it was :o :rolleyes: :p ;)

I feel much better now:)

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 08:50 PM

That probably means sometime in spring 2011. So I'm going to guess somewhere between March and May.

User22
10-06-2010, 09:00 PM
That probably means sometime in spring 2011. So I'm going to guess somewhere between March and May.

....a year after the album she is doing the tour for came out:(

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 09:04 PM
....a year after the album she is doing the tour for came out:(

She hasn't gone on tour yet my dear! so.. it's not that bad??

User22
10-06-2010, 09:25 PM
She hasn't gone on tour yet my dear! so.. it's not that bad??

Just clarifying you didn't misread me cause it seems you did:confused:

But yah I'm just saying that 7 months since the album came out and no tour:( And we are lead to believe that it will be another 5 month til the tour or more:(
Sad times, but yah you are right, at least it hasn't come and gone:D

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 09:26 PM
Just clarifying you didn't misread me cause it seems you did:confused:

But yah I'm just saying that 7 months since the album came out and no tour:( And we are lead to believe that it will be another 5 month til the tour or more:(
Sad times, but yah you are right, at least it hasn't come and gone:D

Focus on the positive bud, focus on the positive. :p

User22
10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Focus on the positive bud, focus on the positive. :p

Over the past couple months, I've figured out it's hard to focus on almost everything.....when I've been watching JEAM 24/7 of course:rolleyes:

Edcognito
10-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Just remember, it was what? Four years between albums (not counting the live album in 2004). Then three more years between the live album and Psych, then three years between Psych and Ueds...

I'm gonna be happy and happy and happy if she does a tour/concert/mall opening/whatever! As long as there is new pictures/video!

(PRAY that there is a concert early next year as she's mentioned in another thread - but I won't hold my breath... Seems my ability to pay for a trip to France is inversly proportional to the chances of Alizeé actually performing! :( )

Ed:cool:

AlizéeInspired
10-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Just remember, it was what? Four years between albums (not counting the live album in 2004). Then three more years between the live album and Psych, then three years between Psych and Ueds...

This is an excellent point. I expect another little "break" before she has another album out. For now, I'm just going to stay positive and stay a faithful fan, hoping for the best. To be an Alizée fan, you've got to have patience.

The way I look at it, I don't see one of the once biggest pop stars of France and Europe going out on this album. It would kind of be ironic though if she did since the album is pretty much about death and all that. lol

User22
10-07-2010, 05:53 PM
The way I look at it, I don't see one of the once biggest pop stars of France and Europe going out on this album. It would kind of be ironic though if she did since the album is pretty much about death and all that. lol

And how Mes Fantômes is about all her mistakes(like making this album). Jk'n that was a really bad joke haha

Edit:

And how Mes Fantômes is about all her mistakes(like making this album). Jk'n that was a really bad joke haha

wasabi622
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
This is an excellent point. I expect another little "break" before she has another album out. For now, I'm just going to stay positive and stay a faithful fan, hoping for the best. To be an Alizée fan, you've got to have patience.

Hey, maybe the longer we wait, the more different the new album will be in comparison! Maybe she'll release a rap album or something and go all Decollagey on us. :p

I jest!! I'm hoping she'll return to some mainstream pop type of style.

Azhiri
10-07-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey, maybe the longer we wait, the more different the new album will be in comparison! Maybe she'll release a rap album or something and go all Decollagey on us. :p

I jest!! I'm hoping she'll return to some mainstream pop type of style.

I actually would like that too because I feel like her talents are better suited to that genre.. but to be honest I really love the lyrical depth and general quality she's put out there with Une Enfant, more so than the days of MF-LB or even Psyche. I know pop for the most part doesn't contain the deepest subject matter but I really hope she keeps that for any future albums, no matter what the style is. If you look at past albums compared to UEdS, her older lyrics are a little strange at times, childish.. not badly written, just not as good as they could be. But her new team has made some really brilliant, beautiful lyrics here. :D

wasabi622
10-07-2010, 10:24 PM
I actually would like that too because I feel like her talents are better suited to that genre.. but to be honest I really love the lyrical depth and general quality she's put out there with Une Enfant, more so than the days of MF-LB or even Psyche. I know pop for the most part doesn't contain the deepest subject matter but I really hope she keeps that for any future albums, no matter what the style is. If you look at past albums compared to UEdS, her older lyrics are a little strange at times, childish.. not badly written, just not as good as they could be. But her new team has made some really brilliant, beautiful lyrics here. :D

Maybe she can do some sort of mix album. I think too much of either makes it bland, there needs be some sort of balance. Like UEDS, way too deep and dark. Psychedelices? In my book, perfect, but to others, I can see how.. it can be overwhelmingly perky? MCE on the other hand, had the perfect blend of up beat and perky, as well as slow and mellow. Something that covers both, with covering up the other one.

AlizéeInspired
10-07-2010, 11:01 PM
Yeah, I don't mind a little wait. I'm sure whatever she comes out with next I'll enjoy, especially since I like all of her albums and songs. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a tough one between MCE and Psych. Probably go with Psych since I listen to it more though.

As for what I think she'll do next, or at least wouldn't mind seeing/hearing, would be what she would do with more of a band. Doing more of a rock/pop rock sound.

User22
10-07-2010, 11:09 PM
Maybe she can do some sort of mix album. I think too much of either makes it bland, there needs be some sort of balance. Like UEDS, way too deep and dark. Psychedelices? In my book, perfect, but to others, I can see how.. it can be overwhelmingly perky? MCE on the other hand, had the perfect blend of up beat and perky, as well as slow and mellow. Something that covers both, with covering up the other one.

Tout Alizee Vol. 2 :D

wasabi622
10-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Yeah, I don't mind a little wait. I'm sure whatever she comes out with next I'll enjoy, especially since I like all of her albums and songs. If I had to choose a favorite, it would be a tough one between MCE and Psych. Probably go with Psych since I listen to it more though.

As for what I think she'll do next, or at least wouldn't mind seeing/hearing, would be what she would do with more of a band. Doing more of a rock/pop rock sound.

You mean like what she did for En Concert? She kind of redid her songs slightly to have a more pop/rock sound, especially the J'en Ai Marre and Moi...Lolita. (I'd also throw in J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, but that's always been like that. :p)

Tout Alizee Vol. 2 :D

Hahahaa, yes!

User22
10-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Yes, her doing a more pop/rock thing again would be great....except the fact that she already did it!....three times!!!

AlizéeInspired
10-07-2010, 11:31 PM
You mean like what she did for En Concert? She kind of redid her songs slightly to have a more pop/rock sound, especially the J'en Ai Marre and Moi...Lolita. (I'd also throw in J'ai Pas Vingt Ans, but that's always been like that. :p)

Yeah, kinda. But maybe even a little more rock than that. Not like way hardcore or anything but, well, you know :rolleyes:. Lol. Nothing too heavy and dark, but something that may just make you go \,,/_:p_\,,/ ya know? :D

I say "yeah, kinda" because I haven't seen En Concert yet :eek:. I ordered it at the end of August but ran into problems and never got it... I'm going to re-order it soon though. I did just watch like 30 seconds of an En Concert song on YouTube just now to see what you are talking about. It was sooo hard not to keep watching! I will be patient though :D.

wasabi622
10-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, her doing a more pop/rock thing again would be great....except the fact that she already did it!....three times!!!

She's only done rock/pop-rock once.. and that was for certain songs for En Concert. Gourmandises, MCE, and Psychedelices don't really count as rock.. though she did redo some of them.

Yeah, kinda. But maybe even a little more rock than that. Not like way hardcore or anything but, well, you know :rolleyes:. Lol. Nothing too heavy and dark, but something that may just make you go \,,/_:p_\,,/ ya know? :D

I say "yeah, kinda" because I haven't seen En Concert yet :eek:. I ordered it at the end of August but ran into problems and never got it... I'm going to re-order it soon though. I did just watch like 30 seconds of an En Concert song on YouTube just now to see what you are talking about. It was sooo hard not to keep watching! I will be patient though :D.

Maybe something along the lines of Avril Lavgine-ish? I know many of you aren't exactly fans of her, but just a style of music to talk by.

AlizéeInspired
10-08-2010, 12:05 AM
Maybe something along the lines of Avril Lavgine-ish? I know many of you aren't exactly fans of her, but just a style of music to talk by.

Maybe. She's not bad. I would just like to see what a little more Alizée-ified rock would sound like. So I guess you could use that to compare. Or maybe even something a little like Evanescence. A little heavier guitar and drums but still get to hear her vocal talents. But like I said, not too heavy, just something that'll make you go \,,/_. And there would always be room on the album for softer, slower songs that could carry more emotion and beauty. Can't go wrong with the rock! :D

User22
10-08-2010, 12:23 AM
Maybe. She's not bad. I would just like to see what a little more Alizée-ified rock would sound like. So I guess you could use that to compare. Or maybe even something a little like Evanescence. A little heavier guitar and drums but still get to hear her vocal talents. But like I said, not too heavy, just something that'll make you go \,,/_. And there would always be room on the album for softer, slower songs that could carry more emotion and beauty. Can't go wrong with the rock! :D

Tout Alizee VOL. 2 is still the best solution in my eyes:)

1)Moi...Lolita
2)Gourmandises
3)J'en Ai Marre
4)J'ai Pas Vingt Ans
5)Fifty Sixty
6)Lilly Town
7)Grand Central
8)Mes Fantomes
9)(rock songs from album #5)
10(rock songs from album #5)

wasabi622
10-08-2010, 01:05 AM
Tout Alizee VOL. 2 is still the best solution in my eyes:)

1)Moi...Lolita
2)Gourmandises
3)J'en Ai Marre
4)J'ai Pas Vingt Ans
5)Fifty Sixty
6)Lilly Town
7)Grand Central
8)Mes Fantomes
9)(rock songs from album #5)
10(rock songs from album #5)

It's that album #5 that we're all so eager for!

Tchaikovsky
10-08-2010, 01:24 AM
Maybe she'll release a rap album or something and go all Decollagey on us. :p
Oh GOD no!

Azhiri
10-08-2010, 01:41 AM
I think Avril Lavigne-ish would be really good for her. Or maybe like, a mellowed alt-rock thing like Death Cab for Cutie, but more lively and Alizee-ish.

I'd really like to hear her when she's SING-singing, like in Eden, Eden or Factory Girl. I know she can belt it, she just doesn't do it that often. :rolleyes:

DrSmith
10-08-2010, 01:53 AM
Avril Lavigne
Evanescence
Death Cab for Cutie

Oh GOD no!

wasabi622
10-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Oh GOD no!

My goodness. I didn't intend for her to go EXACTLY LIKE SAID ARTIST. Just something along the lines of said artist's style of music. :rolleyes:

User22
10-08-2010, 10:23 AM
I think this already turned into a "Next album News/Speculation" thread:D

And it's only a year after the first one came out hahaha. I think we will have to wait 2-3 more years if there is a next album...