PDA

View Full Version : Keep it up

Brianh
06-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Keep up the great work on the site, its looking great and there should be more wallpapers from me this weekend

brad
06-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Thanks Brian, got a good interview i am uploading now. looking forward to checking out your wallpapers :D

Gatchaman
06-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Awesome job guys! I love the site and the quaility of the vids. :)

pete2me
06-23-2006, 08:09 AM
To the guys or guy who's running this set,Put more pic'd of alizee on here, i cant get enought her, she so nice / sweet and omg beaitful, . if you do ty

Brianh
06-23-2006, 09:48 PM
I have about 2 gig worth of stuff on my hard drive, tons of pics I can put some of those in my user gallery as well.

brad
06-23-2006, 09:56 PM
I have about 2 gig worth of stuff on my hard drive, tons of pics I can put some of those in my user gallery as well.

cant wait to check out the pics

Brianh
06-24-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm gonna sort through them tonight to pick out some then upload them....I also added a new wallpaper didn't come exactly right but its alright.

Selphi3
06-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Don't want to spoil anything but there is a mistake in the french lyrics of J'en ai marre, it says Mon poisson bouge, which should be mon poisson rouge, which means goldfish:)

brad
06-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Don't want to spoil anything but there is a mistake in the french lyrics of J'en ai marre, it says Mon poisson bouge, which should be mon poisson rouge, which means goldfish:)

Thanks selphi .. if you see any other problems let me know :)

Selphi3
06-29-2006, 05:59 PM
I surely will, and let me know if i can do something to improve the site :)
i'm not very busy for the coming 2 months or so, so i wouldn't mind doing a thing or two here :)

Kamakzie
07-04-2006, 01:21 AM
This site is great for us non French speaking American twits. :D

cybersoil
07-04-2006, 04:11 AM
Correct! "Mon Poisson Rouge" translates as "My Goldfish" but an exact translation is, "My Fish Red" or as we say it, "My Red Fish." Did you notice the Red Fish on the back of Alizee's Lolita costume in "J'en ai marre?"

Like most European languages they (the French) put the adjective after the noun, but we English speakers put the adjective before the noun. We say, "Fast Car" they say, "Car Fast." No, they're not messed up, most other European languages speak in the same order as the French do, we're the ones that are backward.

- Cybersoil

mando
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Did you notice the Red Fish on the back of Alizee's Lolita costume in "J'en ai marre?"

- Cybersoil

haha i noticed it but i hadn't made the connection. i'm slow -_-"

Shep
07-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Correct! "Mon Poisson Rouge" translates as "My Goldfish" but an exact translation is, "My Fish Red" or as we say it, "My Red Fish." Did you notice the Red Fish on the back of Alizee's Lolita costume in "J'en ai marre?"

Like most European languages they (the French) put the adjective after the noun, but we English speakers put the adjective before the noun. We say, "Fast Car" they say, "Car Fast." No, they're not messed up, most other European languages speak in the same order as the French do, we're the ones that are backward.

- Cybersoil

I would say that neither of us are backwards. That's just the natural evolution of the Latin language as it spread and mixed with Old French and Old English.

Karlalizee
03-28-2010, 02:03 AM
i love coming here. it is one of my 'must sites' to visit at least once a day. :wub:

VVVACCPLPNLY
03-28-2010, 09:47 AM
Well, that whole adjective/noun order thing is a sgin of how English is a germanic language, while French is a romance language. Latin mixed with the local celtic to become French. But think about this: how many times have you seen a native French speaker speak English, and have no problem with putting adj. first? But for me, and I'm sure other late in life French learners, I have trouble keeping the noun first in French.

Fèvier
02-01-2011, 02:35 PM
we got this! :D