PDA

View Full Version : a beverage called Alizé

garçoncanadien
10-19-2006, 03:41 PM
This was too cool to not tell you all. While walking in the supermarket today, I saw a wine called l'Alizé! Of course it made me think of you all and Alizée.

HibyPrime
10-19-2006, 03:48 PM
wine + supermarket + canada = wtf?

garçoncanadien
10-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Ah sorry allow me to be more precise. The wine was in a neighboring store.

RMJ
10-19-2006, 04:03 PM
http://www.alize.com/

It's not available where I live but friend in England is shipping me some. Next week should arrive 1 bottle of Alizé Gold Passion and 1 bottle of Alizé Rosé. :)

http://www.thedrinkshop.com/images/products/main/3016/3016.jpghttp://www.thedrinkshop.com/images/products/main/1040/1040.jpg

aFrenchie
10-19-2006, 04:41 PM
That's liqueurs, not wine... ;)
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/products/nlpdetail.php?prodid=1040&PHPSESSID=70be04899e057b7caaf1a860438aef83

atra201
10-19-2006, 04:53 PM
yeah but that's wine and i don't drink alcohol
lemonade on the other hand is a different story

RMJ
10-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Yea, Alizé is strong liquer.

Altho, it's possible that also wine exists (from some other manufacturer).

We got wine called Elyzée here in markets, which always reminds me of Lili when I see it. :)

Seńor Villa
10-19-2006, 05:34 PM
Drink the entire bottle and you will be seeing angels of Alizée flying around your spinning head.

Twitch
10-19-2006, 05:45 PM
wine + supermarket + canada = wtf?
Provigo! Yes that is right folks a Québec grocery store chain that sells liquor. And not in a separate store. In the pop aisle you have your beer and cooler section, most even have a cold beer section, and it is absolutely awesome when they have sales on it like all grocery stores do on what they sell. Plus they also sell wine, sometimes giving you a combo deal if you buy meat or cheese with the wine. How I love living next to Québec.:D

Edit: And they have beer on sale in this week's flyer, woohoo! Not to mention the regular sales on wine.

rwd716
10-19-2006, 06:12 PM
So, is that a provincial thing to not have alcohol in the supermarkets?

Twitch
10-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Well outside of Québec, in the provinces I've been in, the liquor is usually in a small but separate store contained inside of the supermarket. You buy your liquor at a separate cash. In Québec it's right in the aisles with all the other groceries and you buy it all together. Unless it's non alcoholic or low acoholic then its in with the regular groceries outside of Québec, but who buys non-alcoholic beer or wine? But the goverment run provincial liquor stores, SAQ, Alcool NB Liquor, NSLC, always have better selections and people usually go there instead.

riva2model64
10-19-2006, 07:48 PM
but who buys non-alcoholic beer or wine?

I enjoy Goya Ginger Beer if that counts

Cooney
10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
Alizé is liqueur - cognac blend, that comes in a bunch of styles. The most popular is Alizé Gold Passion, which is a 32 proof tropical Fruit flavored blend that is quite highly rated, and is popular among quite a few well known pop stars and hip hop artists. I've got a couple bottles of it in my fridge, and I typically mix it with pineapple juice to create a delicious and refreshing drink.

Alizé is also available in "Wild Passion" (passion fruit and grapefruit), "Red Passion" (passion fruit and cranberry), "Yellow Gold" (passion fruit), "Bleu" (passion fruit, cherry, and ginger), and "Rose" (don't know what's in that one).

One can also buy Alizé cognac straight, in non-blend format.

Twitch
10-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I enjoy Goya Ginger Beer if that counts Not quite what I meant, that's the same as calling root beer, beer. I meant the stuff that is supposed to look and taste like real beer but as no alcohol.:)

And Welcome to the site Cooney:)

Cooney
10-19-2006, 08:51 PM
And Welcome to the site Cooney:)

Thanks :-) I know it's a bit of a bizarre thread to join in on, but I'm a massive Alizée fan, and happen to know a bit about Alizé as well.

I ran across Alizée over on one of the internet video sites a while back, and downloaded the video simply because I like the French language (I studied it for 7 years, but have fallen out of practice). I liked the vid, so went and found a couple more. I decided to start practicing, or re-practicing I suppose, my French, by translating the songs while trying not to lose the original meaning. After having a great deal of fun trying to keep the electrical metaphor in A Contre Courant, something clicked, and I rapidly bought the three CD's, and the En Concert DVD.

Next time I went to the liquor store, I saw Alizé on the shelf and had to have it :-)

At any rate, my translation abilities are nowhere near those of somebody like aFrenchie, but I like to think I don't entirely suck at it. I'm around a lot, but am more of a lurker than a poster most of the time.

rwd716
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Hey, can you tell me where you got your third CD? ;) ;) ;) Thanks a mill!

Twitch
10-19-2006, 11:38 PM
He probably meant the en Concert Audio CD. They put all the live songs onto a CD, there isn't just the DVD. So I guess technically we are waiting for Alizée's fourth CD. :) But if you have the new one please hook me up too...:D

Cooney
10-20-2006, 05:21 AM
He probably meant the en Concert Audio CD. They put all the live songs onto a CD, there isn't just the DVD. So I guess technically we are waiting for Alizée's fourth CD. :) But if you have the new one please hook me up too...:D

Yeah, I was referring to the En Concert CD version as the third. I'm sad that it's missing L'Email A Des Ailes and J'Ai Pas Vingt Ans, but I still like the concert versions of some of the songs quite a lot.

Moe
10-20-2006, 05:32 AM
well i got the en concert CD b4 the DVD when i was watching the DVD(out of the excitement i didn't see the playlist) after Gourmandies i was ready for Mon Maquis but L'e-mail... i went OMG! L-EMAIL!!! same thing happened after ACC but JPVA! :D

C-4
10-20-2006, 06:50 AM
The beverage, Alizé, was mentioned by a forum member when he was in Paris and met with Alizée, who was drinking Alizé. This was last year sometime that his trip occurred, but he gave us details of it here about 3-4 months ago.
I would like to find Alizé here to try it out, but I would rather be able to meet Alizée and have an audience with her, even more.