PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

Twitch
10-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Well according to SonyMusicStore, the official soundtrack for A Good Year will not include Moi Lolita.:( Is it too late to change this? Can we petition Sony Music to chage this?:confused:

link:SonyMusicStore A Good Year Soundtrack (http://www.sonymusicstore.com/store/catalog/MerchandiseDetails.jsp?merchId=113891)

Here the track listing's:
1. How Can I Be Sure Of You
Nilsson
2. "Il faut du temps au temps"
Makali
3. Je Chante
Charles Trenet
4. Breezin' Along With The Breeze
Josephine Baker
5. Jump Into The Fire
Harry Nilsson
6. The Wedding Samba
Edmundo Ros & His Orchestra
7. Never Ending Song Of Love
Delaney & Bonnie
8. Old Cape Cod
Patti Page
9. J'Attendrai
Jean Sablon
10. Gotta Get Up
Nilsson
11. Le Chant Du Gardian
Tino Rossi
12. Itsy Bitsy Petit Bikini
Richard Anthony
13. Max-a-million
Nick Ingman
14. Le Coin Perdu
Nick Ingman
15. Wisdom
Nick Ingman

PS: Song 11 is by a French singer from Corsica, just not the right one. And is not the only French song based on the titles.

Moe
10-19-2006, 08:26 PM
yea i read that 2 days ago, the other tracks on the trailer are not on the soundtrack

well we had hopes

riva2model64
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
well, based on the impression the trailer gave me of the movie,
they probably thought that Moi... Lolita was too high energy to fit in its soundtrack

bt_bird_90
10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
I saw a trailer on TV for the first time today, no Moi...Lolita, I felt jipped

Spartan500
10-19-2006, 08:40 PM
i know bt i seen it too a hour ago and it didn't have moi lolita man that sucks

General Patton
10-19-2006, 09:15 PM
What? That's gay!

RMJ
10-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Yup, only the theatrical trailer has the song.

But we'll see in few weeks if the movie has it.

DJ_Greg
10-19-2006, 10:38 PM
The television ads have not been playing Moi...Lolita. In other words, what RMJ already said. ;)

Moi...Lolita is probably not on the soundtrack due to something with Polydor. If she's really not on the label anymore, they probably don't want to promote her by putting an old song on a new soundtrack (as the attention would only earn money for a different label). I'm willing to bet that if Alizée still had a contract with Polydor, Moi...Lolita would be on that soundtrack.

rwd716
10-19-2006, 11:16 PM
Hmmmmmm :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

GIVE US LILI!!!!!

Matrix
10-19-2006, 11:26 PM
What happened to the link for your remixes Moe?

Kik045
10-20-2006, 05:35 PM
What? That's gay!

mmm, mature >.>

Señor Villa
10-20-2006, 05:43 PM
The movie will be a bust and I don't want Alizée's song on a movie that will sink like the Titantic.

General Patton
10-20-2006, 07:30 PM
mmm, mature >.>

hm..... wow....
How is that immature? Gay means stupid in some cases and situations...

DJ_Greg
10-20-2006, 09:46 PM
hm..... wow....
How is that immature? Gay means stupid in some cases and situations...

No it doesn't. It's a thing kids your age (sorry, but it's true) have picked up in recent years. It's a bad habit that hopefully will fade away soon.

Twitch
10-20-2006, 10:12 PM
^^Thanks DJ_Greg, I didn't want to touch that one. :) I still sometimes wish gay could go back to being used like it was before being coined for homosexuality.

aditya8617
10-20-2006, 10:26 PM
The movie will be a bust and I don't want Alizée's song on a movie that will sink like the Titantic.

I totally agree with you. That movie totally sucks. I am happy that the song is not going to be played.

C-4
10-24-2006, 12:55 PM
I imagine that as the song was written by Farmer and what's-his-name that did the music for Alizée, they would get the royalities for the published work, but they possibly don't want Alizée getting any notoriety and audience response from the movie!

In other words, they are probably so well off already that they are doing this for spite.

This is just my opinion, but I can think of no other reason why a song should not be used. I really don't think Alizée would have said "No".

Whatever the reason is, it sucks out loud. I just have a feeling that some people are trying to put the wood to Alizée's future record sales and popularity. I hope I am dead wrong, but this is just a feeling I have.

Amelie
10-24-2006, 01:01 PM
what's-his-name
Laurent Boutonnat btw.
and i totally agree with you.

C-4
10-24-2006, 01:04 PM
Laurent Boutonnat btw.
and i totally agree with you.

Thanks Amelie! :)
I couldn't spell his name correctly, so I didn't want to go there.
Stephen

The other Corsican singer could possibly be Jennifer Bartoli, IF she has a contract with Polydor.

Amelie
10-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Thanks Amelie! :)
I couldn't spell his name correctly, so I didn't want to go there.
Stephen

i like him, Laurent Boutonnat but really, i learned that name very hardly too :D i call him "father of Alizee" (and Mylene Farmer- "mother of Alizee) :D

DJ_Greg
10-24-2006, 03:06 PM
Whatever the reason is, it sucks out loud. I just have a feeling that some people are trying to put the wood to Alizée's future record sales and popularity. I hope I am dead wrong, but this is just a feeling I have.

I agree...

Moi...Lolita is probably not on the soundtrack due to something with Polydor. If she's really not on the label anymore, they probably don't want to promote her by putting an old song on a new soundtrack (as the attention would only earn money for a different label). I'm willing to bet that if Alizée still had a contract with Polydor, Moi...Lolita would be on that soundtrack.

:(

The way I presented it was just "business as usual," but C-4's take is probably closer to the truth, IF there was some big falling-out between Alizée and Polydor (which we don't actually know for sure).

Anyway, Alizée's name alone will force DJs to take notice, and if they songs are good, they'll get played. This would be a MAJOR setback for someone who didn't already have name recognition, but Alizée doesn't really need to worry about that.

Rocket
10-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Gee I could have sworn I said the same thing in another thread. There are a lot of songs that are in a movie that is not on the soundtrack. It's either a personal or legal reason.

DJ_Greg
10-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Gee I could have sworn I said the same thing in another thread. There are a lot of songs that are in a movie that is not on the soundtrack. It's either a personal or legal reason.

I don't know about anyone else, but I just copy your posts as my own. ;)

aFrenchie
10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I just copy your posts as my own. ;)
It's your own quote in your previous post, not anyone else's :confused:

DJ_Greg
10-25-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes. And C-4's post. I was showing that I agreed with him by posting what I had said previously. Then I decided to come clean and just admit that everything I say is really just parroting Rocket.

aditya8617
10-25-2006, 07:36 PM
I just have a feeling that some people are trying to put the wood to Alizée's future record sales and popularity. I hope I am dead wrong, but this is just a feeling I have.

I wish I was Godfather, then I would make Polydor an offer they wouldn't refuse ;)!

Rocket
10-25-2006, 10:17 PM
Yes. And C-4's post. I was showing that I agreed with him by posting what I had said previously. Then I decided to come clean and just admit that everything I say is really just parroting Rocket.

If you can't beat 'em.....copy 'em LOL *hugs DJ*

newalizeefan
10-26-2006, 04:52 AM
the commercial was on TV earlier. but alizee's song wasnt playing =(

Rocket
11-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Just read all the comments about The Good Year. Aliz'ee sings in glorious Dobly. It's when Russell Crowe's character is going through the airport. So for all you nay sayers out there (you nay sayers, you know who you are) neener neener neeeeeeeeener :p

NANAKI
11-03-2006, 12:37 AM
The one main reason why I am seeing that movie is the song alos I like Russel Crowe movies but still Alizée is the biggest factor to why I will see it.

p.s. I am seeing Borat tommorow excited and on saturday I will go see Marie Antoinette

O Rly
11-03-2006, 03:42 PM
The one main reason why I am seeing that movie is the song alos I like Russel Crowe movies but still Alizée is the biggest factor to why I will see it.

p.s. I am seeing Borat tommorow excited and on saturday I will go see Marie Antoinette

I just saw Borat today, IT WAS AWESOME! I thought i'd die from laughing there!