PDA

View Full Version : New Studio Version of Moi... Lolita

Toc De Mac
07-03-2010, 06:34 PM
The arrangement of Moi... Lolita that has been used in recent (c. 2007) TV appearances has been released for download. :)

Up to you to find out where! :o

User22
07-03-2010, 06:42 PM
The arrangement of Moi... Lolita that has been used in recent (c. 2007) TV appearances has been released for download. :)

Up to you to find out where! :o

Mr. Toc De Mac, will you pretty pwease with a cherry on top, tell us where to download the arrangement of Moi... Lolita that has been used in recent (c. 2007) TV appearances? Thanks babe:D

Toc De Mac
07-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Well, it might be considered illegal sharing... :o

In any case, you know my favorite source for information. ;)

Merci Alizée
07-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Well, it might be considered illegal sharing... :o

In any case, you know my favorite source for information. ;)

Those who want to listen it, they will find it anyhow.

User22
07-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Ahh I gotcha Toc;) Thanks:D

Toc De Mac
07-04-2010, 08:53 AM
Here it is on Youtube:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4kFaDmKujg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4kFaDmKujg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Download from here: http://www.nidalizee.com/news/

woohoo
07-04-2010, 09:45 AM
cool i like this arrangement.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-04-2010, 10:45 AM
Can you post the direct youtube link please?

AlizéeInspired
07-04-2010, 12:01 PM
Can you post the direct youtube link please?

here you go sir :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4kFaDmKujg&feature=player_embedded

I really like the vid. It goes over everything very nicely.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-04-2010, 12:05 PM
Thanks, ai. I hope it's available on mobile. Or else...

user472884
07-04-2010, 12:08 PM
How new is this?

I feel like I've heard it before....

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-04-2010, 12:13 PM
AND IT WAS!!! Yes!:D Could someone maybe e-mail the mp3 to me? Oops, I mean, that would be illegal! Lolz...;) But I would certainly love to have it. And I can't dl it the standard way on my cell...

Toc De Mac
07-04-2010, 12:56 PM
How new is this?

I feel like I've heard it before....

It isn't new, but it's new in the sense that we now have the studio version recorded for the various performances of the song during the Psychédélices period (see: http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=100). :)

user472884
07-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I thought it sounded familiar...

but damn it I love this rendition

(but I still hate the Mr. DJ thing)

Hana
07-04-2010, 04:42 PM
It' s not bad but I prefer the old version of moi...Lolita, I don't like Mr. DJ part

LE_LOUP_DES_STEPPES
07-05-2010, 01:10 AM
If it’s illegal to download. does anyone know where I can buy this mp3 legally? I don’t want to feel like I didn’t contribute nothing to Alizee$ work.

Uroboros
07-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I really liked the video. A quick pass by all her career, very cool!

User22
07-05-2010, 04:22 PM
So does anyone know WHEN this studio version was recorded?

Was it recorded in 2007 and not released until now for some reason?
Was it recorded in 2010 as a small present for everyone?

Edit:

If it’s illegal to download. does anyone know where I can buy this mp3 legally? I don’t want to feel like I didn’t contribute nothing to Alizee$ work.

You can't buy it, that's why I'm trying to figure out if this is just a little present that was released for her fans or if someone that stashed it away that had access to it just digged it up randomly...

paintballpdh19
07-05-2010, 05:58 PM
Here it is on Youtube:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4kFaDmKujg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/q4kFaDmKujg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Download from here: http://www.nidalizee.com/news/
I still like the original the best
and where is the actual download? or is there one...

Toc De Mac
07-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Le Nid d'Alizée says that the title is no longer able to be downloaded.

Människöpesten
07-06-2010, 01:50 AM
i like it. it's different. which is good. + i adore psych era

Zeerre
07-06-2010, 05:40 AM

Yay! That makes two of us.:)

babyblue558
07-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Wasn't a massive fan of this version when I heard her performing it at M6 Live, but now I've listened to the studio version, I'm really starting to love it. The little introduction is especially amazing. :wub:

Edit:

The "Hey Mr DJ" bit still irritates me though. :(

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-06-2010, 08:19 AM
It actually irrtates you? Hmm... Well, I am of corse a rock fan, so I am loving what this version is brnging to me. Amazing. I like when she does the 'Hey Mr.Dj' part. It throws a nice spin in to keep this from being too entirely much like the original. It was a bit of a jolt the first time I saw the live version, but it's still very welcome. Seriously, would this version be any better with the 'Lo-li-ta' instead? Je pens pas. Just focus more ón the background vocals where she is saying that next time you listen to it, and tell me if you really think it is better.

babyblue558
07-06-2010, 08:29 AM
It actually irrtates you? Hmm... Well, I am of corse a rock fan, so I am loving what this version is brnging to me. Amazing. I like when she does the 'Hey Mr.Dj' part. It throws a nice spin in to keep this from being too entirely much like the original. It was a bit of a jolt the first time I saw the live version, but it's still very welcome. Seriously, would this version be any better with the 'Lo-li-ta' instead? Je pens pas. Just focus more ón the background vocals where she is saying that next time you listen to it, and tell me if you really think it is better.

I just think it's unnecessary and sounds out of place in an otherwise entirely French song. It's no biggie and doesn't stop me from loving this version, and I'm glad she does do the "LO-LI-TA"s over the top (which didn't happen in the live performance).

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Hmm... Is it really that effective on the song? I think it's subtle enough, from the shortening of the the full 8 times she normally says 'Lo-li-ta'. If she did it 8 times, then yeah, I'd agree. That would be too much. But out of simple curiousity, do you have the same thoughts on Les Collines (Never Leave You)?

babyblue558
07-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Hmm... Is it really that effective on the song? I think it's subtle enough, from the shortening of the the full 8 times she normally says 'Lo-li-ta'. If she did it 8 times, then yeah, I'd agree. That would be too much. But out of simple curiousity, do you have the same thoughts on Les Collines (Never Leave You)?

With Les Collines it's different, because the English sections are sorta woven into the song and more equally balanced. The English lyrics relate to the topic of the song and the meaning of the French lyrics. With this version of Moi... Lolita, the "Hey Mr DJ" bit has little to do with the rest of the song and comes across as being shoehorned in if that makes sense. However, you're right that it's subtle enough in this version not to bother me a great deal.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Ok, I guess understand that. I don't look up ths lyrics, so half of Moi... Lolita makes no sense to me. I guess if it's because of lyrical differencs, I kind of have to give that one to you.

babyblue558
07-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok, I guess understand that. I don't look up ths lyrics, so half of Moi... Lolita makes no sense to me. I guess if it's because of lyrical differencs, I kind of have to give that one to you.

It's not entirely lyrical differences, I guess the section of the Madonna song "Music" relates the the disco scene of the Moi... Lolita music video, but ML and Music are two different songs by different artists in different languages, so an extract of Music is bound to feel out of place in the middle of ML. I just think that the Madonna bit is unnecessary and adds nothing to the song, while "LO-LI-TA" is a direct reference to Nabokov's novel and is far more relevant in the context of the song. I'm gonna stop now, it doesn't really bother me that much, but I'd just prefer if she left it out.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Ok... I was enjoying this discussion...:( But I have never cared about lyrics... If I did, how could I listen to music in a language I can't speak? As long as the voice sounds good, I don't mind. And one last thing. Babyblue, never listen to Kpop, because most kpop songs have just one or two random English words thrown in, so that would definitely throw you off!:p But it's all good.

babyblue558
07-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Ok... I was enjoying this discussion...:(
Haha it was just that I was worried I was making a little technicality seem massive by having a huge discussion over it.
But I have never cared about lyrics... If I did, how could I listen to music in a language I can't speak? As long as the voice sounds good, I don't mind.
That's the great thing about Alizée (and a load of other French singers' music)- you can enjoy it without having any understanding of French. And even if you do understand it, I certainly find that I enjoy it just as much.
And one last thing. Babyblue, never listen to Kpop, because most kpop songs have just one or two random English words thrown in, so that would definitely throw you off!:p But it's all good.
Hmm that does sound like something that might get on my nerves, but since I can't speak a word of Korean (whereas I have some understanding of French) I think it wouldn't bug me as much.

User22
07-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Does anyone have the Music-editing abilities to edit out the "hey Mr. DJ" part? haha. It's good but sorta makes the song weerd and somewhat unoriginal since that was used by Madonna. Either way this song has been on "Top of my iPod" for the last couple days. Amazing version of Moi...Lolita:)

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-07-2010, 12:35 AM
You wouldn't be left with much, but a very quiet under vocal of lo-li-ta. But it is certainly possible. You just need sonftware that can detect channels of audio, and delete the one her vocals are on when she says it. Sorry, I don't know of any such software! :o

User22
07-07-2010, 12:41 AM
You wouldn't be left with much, but a very quiet under vocal of lo-li-ta. But it is certainly possible. You just need sonftware that can detect channels of audio, and delete the one her vocals are on when she says it. Sorry, I don't know of any such software! :o

Time to start PM'n. Cause I know someone was able to take the sound of the cats meowing out of Abracadabra, so it can be done:D I shall get this non-Mr. DJ version even if my zzzzz.....

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I used to not believe it were possible with publicly available software. But this past week, I found where some songs I really like had been split. They left just the vocals. There was a little bit of strange ambient background noise, but that shouldn't be a problem if whoever plans on leaving the music. Whatever's left should drown that stuff out.

Fall
07-09-2010, 06:27 PM
I like the version of the song, but hate that it's in the doc type file :blink:

Azhiri
07-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Hmmm, nobody seems to like the "Hey, Mr. DJ" part but that's the only part I really like. It adds more of a fun twist to the otherwise not-all-THAT-different version. Maybe it's because I always liked that song. :p

I prefer the original, but this one isn't bad! :)

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-09-2010, 08:45 PM
'Ey, read back a few pages! I said I liked the 'Mr.Dj' part! It's the most unique part. But I do think the song is different enough. First, her voice is more mature, but much less uh... What did Lady Cameron call it... Oh, contralto. I think. I don't know Italian. Second, the guitar, bass, and drums make it far more rock-feeling than pop. But otherwise, yeah, it is pretty similar.

babyblue558
07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
As far as I see (or hear??) it, her voice is not as deep as in the original (or at least in the verses anyway), and less controlled. I don't mean that in a bad way, she's just rocking out in a similar way she did in the En Concert performance, as opposed to the precision that she achieved in the album track. I may be wrong, and I have no knowledge of musical terminology so I can't really get it across any more specifically than that.

I too adore the rock sound, and the studio version really brings out all the complexities of the arrangement in a far clearer way than the M6 Live performance in 2008 did. I think I'm actually starting to really prefer the introduction of this version to the violin introduction of the album track. Okay, okay sharpen your pitchforks all you like. :p

Edit:

her voice is not as deep as in the original
Oops I just looked up the meaning of "contralto" and it means exactly that... beat me to it haha. ;):p

Azhiri
07-09-2010, 10:47 PM
'Ey, read back a few pages! I said I liked the 'Mr.Dj' part! It's the most unique part. But I do think the song is different enough. First, her voice is more mature, but much less uh... What did Lady Cameron call it... Oh, contralto. I think. I don't know Italian. Second, the guitar, bass, and drums make it far more rock-feeling than pop. But otherwise, yeah, it is pretty similar.

Oh! I didn't see. I'm not alone, then! :)

I think her voice sounds wayyy different really, at first I almost thought it wasn't her! It's much much higher, and moooore.. hmmmmm.. precise?

User22
07-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Does anyone feel that this sounds like she sang it and it wasn't really edited that much? It just seems like her natural singing voice and not one that has been modified. That's why I really like it:D

And also this is more of a rock version...so lets see here.

There has been:

Moi...Lolita Original version
Moi...Lolita Rock version
Moi...Lolita Electro version

All 3 are so amamamamazing:D

Människöpesten
07-10-2010, 12:32 PM
ehhhh, kind of. and is the electro version the one she sang at gen. 90?

AlizéeInspired
07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
ehhhh, kind of. and is the electro version the one she sang at gen. 90?

Yes, I do believe so. Here it is.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8M1Pl670ZfE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8M1Pl670ZfE&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0 xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M1Pl670ZfE

And I agree with Aaronius, "All 3 are so amamamamazing:D"

User22
07-11-2010, 12:57 AM
And I agree with Aaronius, "All 3 are so amamamamazing:D"

1) Yes they are all amazing and I am glad she did several spins on the amazing song.

2)Your sig is quite amazing:D

Aldighieri
07-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Thank you!!

User22
07-12-2010, 12:46 AM
So has anyone figured out when this version was studio-recorded? 2007 when it was usually performed or July 4,2010 when it was released by Le Nid D'alizee i believe?

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-12-2010, 12:53 AM
Well, I'd say 07. I originally thought that M6 thing was live. She almost had me fooled. But after hearng how identical they are, well, it's apparent that the performance was lipsynched. This is most liekly the same recording.

User22
07-12-2010, 12:57 AM
Well, I'd say 07. I originally thought that M6 thing was live. She almost had me fooled. But after hearng how identical they are, well, it's apparent that the performance was lipsynched. This is most liekly the same recording.

Yah I never thought that she would have needed the recording to lipsync it.
So yah I agree that it's safe to say that it was recorded in 2007 around the time of her performances of this version of Moi...Lolita(actually I think she only performed this version once).

RobandSandy
07-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Yes those of us who really wanted to hear it have got it. I got it in my Youtube faves and in some other places. I reaaaaally like this remix. Thanks.

BlackAnthem
07-12-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't like it. It can't be good when a pop artist has to re-release a huge hit in remix form. Although the crowd seems to be into it...

Edit:

Also: WOMANIZER?

wasabi622
07-12-2010, 03:50 PM
AWESOMEEE!!! Good stuff, the lolita still lingers on. :D:p:wub:

User22
07-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Hello Helli T'a Moi...Lolita is an amazing part:wub: and of cours Lo-Li-Ta:wub:

wasabi622
07-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow I'm a little show. Just realized it's this here:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6cGdjVAvH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m6cGdjVAvH4&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

mal
11-05-2010, 02:11 AM

It has to be different to avoid evil witch who owns 'lolita' original rights.

Rev
11-05-2010, 11:37 PM

She can't avoid her just by changing the tune a bit. No, Alizée simply wanted to create a different version. :)

Mi-coton mi-laine
11-06-2010, 08:02 PM

What's so evil? I love being Mylene's fan :p

Jaimes
11-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Cool-e-o
I like it :D Thanks for showin everyone.