PDA

View Full Version : Le Tour De France

Människöpesten
07-07-2010, 01:13 PM
does anyone else watch this?

paintballpdh19
07-07-2010, 04:50 PM
me.... not every day though... if its on and im not doing anything or the world cup isnt on ill watch

Junkmale
07-07-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes, i live and breath Le Tour every year. Big big fan.
I started a thread last year but didn't get any responses, so hadn't bothered this year.
It's been chaos already, more like ten pin bowling than a cycle race. Crashes here, there and everywhere.
And with a British Team (Sky) competing it makes it all the more essential viewing.
Contador to win i suppose unless he has an accident. I can't see anyone beating him apart from Lance. Armstrong has a much stronger team this year which will make it interesting but i still can't imagine that Alberto will lose.
Roll on tommorow's stage. Our own Mark Cavendish beaten today in the sprint but tommorow will also suit him if he finds some form.
Le Tour is a fantastic event. How footballers complain about being tired after 90 minutes amazes me. They want to look at these guys for an example.

Människöpesten
07-09-2010, 01:18 AM
very true, sorry for the late response. it's been insane. too bad about cavendish being basically out for the green. hoping for lance to make up for some lost ground

Junkmale
07-09-2010, 06:40 PM
2 stage wins for Cav in a row!! At last he has found some speed.
Really looking forward to Sundays stage. Looks like a killer.

Junkmale
07-11-2010, 12:41 PM
What a stage today! Fantastic!

Andy Shleck puts some time into Contador and Cadel Evans into the Yellow Jersey.

Bad news that Lance is gone and our own Brad Wiggins couldn't stick with the pace over the last 5kms.
Long way to go yet and it's still wide open.

Junkmale
09-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Now i'm really annoyed...

WTF.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11441045

Tom
09-30-2010, 03:10 AM
Yah i just heard on the radio :blink:

Människöpesten
09-30-2010, 07:56 AM
i've never been a big fan of contador, but, that's still a shame

Junkmale
09-30-2010, 09:27 PM
It's so disapointing.
I'm not all that keen on Contador either. His treatment of Lance Armstrong in 2009 was shameful but i have enormous respect for him as a rider and athlete.
It's another big blow to the reputation of professional cycling.
How the likes of Contador thought he would get away with it is beyond belief.
Every year something happens. With Ricco back next year i confidently predict it will be him again in 2011.