PDA

View Full Version : How many CD's do you own?

The Gate Keeper
07-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I still buy CD's over buying stuff on Itunes or Amazon as I love actually having the physical medium in my hands. I of couse put all the music on my Ipod as soon as I get the CDs but I just love having the CD itself. I own I'm gonna just guess and say well over a 100 CDs along with various Vinyls . Just from what I can see right now some of the those CDs are

Skillet - Awake
Skillet - Comatose
Avenged Sevenfold - Sounding The Seventh Trumpet
Avenged Sevenfold - Waking the Fallen
Avenged Sevenfold - City Of Evil
Avenged Sevenfold - Avenged Sevenfold
Green Day - Dookie
Green Day - Kerplunk
Green Day - 39/Smooth (Vinyl)
Green Day - American Idiot
Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown
Nightwish - Once
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play
Disturbed - The Sickness
Disturbed - Believe
Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists
Disturbed - Indestructible
Paramore - Riot!
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power
Rise Against - Siren Song Of The Counter Culture
Rise Against - Suffer & The Wittness
Rise Against - Appeal To Reason
Johnathan Coulton - Thing A Week One
Johnathan Coulton - Thing A Week Two
Johnathan Coulton - Thing A Week Three
Johnathan Coulton - Thing A Week Four
The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing

Whew Im tried of typing and thats even 1/4 of my CD collection. Feel free to post your CD collections.

Merci Alizée
07-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Alizée - Gourmandises

Alizée - Mes Courant Electriques

Alizée - En Concert

Alizée - Psychédélices

Alizée - Une enfant du siecle.

That's all I have. I never bought any CDs.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Skillet? Disturbed? Avenged 7x? I like your style, guy... Oh, but no Three Days Grace? Shame on you!:p;) I have 4. Guess whose?:D

The Gate Keeper
07-14-2010, 07:45 PM
Skillet? Disturbed? Avenged 7x? I like your style, guy... Oh, but no Three Days Grace? Shame on you!:p;) I have 4. Guess whose?:D

I have One-X by Three Days Grace, I keep meaning to buy their new CD but can never find it anywhere.

Fall
07-14-2010, 09:05 PM
When Puffy comes on and if Barrett comes back.. this thread will be taken over :D
As for me
Michael Jackson -
Off The Wall
The Jacksons Live
Thriller
Thriller 25
Bad
Dangerous
HIStory
Blood On The Dance Floor
Invincible
Number Ones
Essential Michael Jackson
This Is It
(and I need to get Ultimate Collection >_<)

Alizée -
Gourmandises
MCE
Psych
UEDS
and a free sample of K'Naan that I got from Glory Days xD
The rest of my music is just on my computer, never bought other CDs

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Dude, I see Life Starts Now everywhere in VA. Try Books-A-Million or Barnes & Noble. But I always find it in a little crappy cardboard sleeve, I don't think it's even available in a standard plastic case...:( Stupid jive/epic records... They put Alizée's in one, but not TDG. Also, it's sort of ironic that my two favorite artists are both under the same label, but are completely different genres and languages! XD

The Gate Keeper
07-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Dude, I see Life Starts Now everywhere in VA. Try Books-A-Million or Barnes & Noble. But I always find it in a little crappy cardboard sleeve, I don't think it's even available in a standard plastic case...:( Stupid jive/epic records... They put Alizée's in one, but not TDG. Also, it's sort of ironic that my two favorite artists are both under the same label, but are completely different genres and languages! XD

Problem is I live in a very small town (15,000 people at most) in West Virgina. Its hard to find anything around here.

VVVACCPLPNLY
07-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Oh... Ouch... Yeah, TDG would probably be hard to find then. That's barely over the typical size of a high school here in VA. I could walk it over to you!:D

AlizéeInspired
07-14-2010, 11:12 PM
Problem is I live in a very small town (15,000 people at most) in West Virgina. Its hard to find anything around here.

Haha. You think 15,000 is small? I live in a town with a population of a little over 2,000

----------

As for how many CD's I own, I've never been much of one to get CDs. In my younger years, I just didn't do much sitting around and listening to music. I had one CD and I have no clue where its at now lol. When I got a little older and started to really listen to music more, I did get an iPod. So nearly all my music collection is on my iPod or computer right now. Its just easier for me that way anyway.

If you take away all my mix CDs that I have burned off from iTunes, I only have 2 CDs at the moment. I never really had any interest in getting any CDs until Alizée. So basically, my first CD that I bought is my autographed UEdS CD :D. I also have the Psychedelices CD. The rest of her music I have on my iPod. I do plan on buying her other CDs though, as well as her singles. As for buying other artists CDs... not sure that I'll be buying any anytime soon.

user472884
07-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Well... within this house I know there's at least two thousand CDs bought in my parent's day

but my personal collection.... recalling from memory

- (11) Alizée CD's (G, MCÉ, MCÉ 2 disc thing, Psych, Psych 2 disc thing, En Concert (cd + cd that came with dvd), autograph UEdS, UEdS (from pre-order))
- (3) not baby mozart, but some other classical cd for kids
- (6) LifeScapes CD's
- (10+) Various soundtrack CD's of various Legend of Zelda games
- (1) Native American Flute CD
- (1) Siesta - Kevin Laliberte
- (10+) Various CDs that are my parents, but I just seem to have in my room

jung_adore_ALIZEE
07-15-2010, 07:11 AM
Nightwish - Dark Passion Play

My favorite Nightwish album hands down. Highly looking forward to Holopainen to write some more new stuff xD.

As for how many CD's I have, well that would take too long for me to count xD. So we'll go with my five favorite purchases last year.

Steel Panther-Feel the Steel
Lacuna Coil-Shallow Life
Sonata Arctica-Days of Grays
Ensiferum-From Afar
Korpiklaani-Karkelo

Regards,

Jung

wasabi622
07-15-2010, 10:07 AM
Gourmandises
Mes Courants Electriques
En Concert
Pyschedelices
Une Enfant Du Siecle
Moi...Lolita Remixes
L'Alize single
JPVA Remixes
I'm Not Twenty Remixes
J'en Ai Marre Remixes
I'm Fed up Remixes

The non-Alizée CDs I own:
American Idiot-Green Day
Again 2002-Red Demons (A 2002 Fifa World Cup album that was released during the craze in Korea. :p)
Various classical music stuff

Marquis<3Alizée
07-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Well I'm about to get "Une enfant de siècle" pretty soon. I can't wait! I own a lot of HIM CD's. As well as Bob Marley.

HIM-
1. And Love Said No: The Greatest Hits 1997-2004
2. Razorblade Romance
3. Drak Light
4. Venus Doom
5.Venus Doom:Special Edition
6. Uneaeasy Listenings Vol.1

Alizée
1.Une enfant de siècle
2. Psychédélices
3. Gourmandises
4. Parler Tout Bas Single

Azhiri
07-15-2010, 12:11 PM
I actually used to have a lot of CD's before I got my iPod, I've burned some of them onto my computer and then sold them all since. They included:

-Lateralus by Tool
-Bleach and Nevermind by Nirvana
-Misunderstood by P!nk
-Surfer Rosa by the Pixies
-Dookie by Green Day
-I know I had something by The Smiths...

and a bunch that I can't remember. I had really weird taste for a ten-year-old! All my friends at the time were listening to Brittany Spears and the Backstreet Boys.

There are two CD's I absolutely could not part with and those are The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. The Wall is my all-time favorite album, ever, and The Dark Side of the Moon is a close second.

The Gate Keeper
07-15-2010, 12:37 PM
My favorite Nightwish album hands down.
Mine too. Nightwish is better without Tarja and Tarja is better without Nightwish.

Människöpesten
07-15-2010, 03:07 PM
entire finntroll discography, entire amon amarth discography, all of alizée's albums, belphegor discography. and a LOT of others. plus various vinyls.

The Gate Keeper
07-15-2010, 08:25 PM
entire finntroll discography, entire amon amarth discography, all of alizée's albums, belphegor discography. and a LOT of others. plus various vinyls.

Note to self I need to buy some of Finntrolls albums. I always forget too.

Chuck
07-15-2010, 11:47 PM
350+ CD's, 1200+ LP's. Not that I'm bragging, started buying the things in '74. Rock, Blues, Jazz, Punk, blah, blah, blah. But now, most of 'em suck, since finding the righteousness of the light of Alizée. I'd love to burn my LP's onto the computer, but it'd take like a thousand hours and 500 gigs o space. And THEN what do ya do? I probably still wouldn't want to part with the album sleeves... :confused:

Big ups to Azhiri for this, though!
There are two CD's I absolutely could not part with and those are The Wall and The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd. The Wall is my all-time favorite album, ever, and The Dark Side of the Moon is a close second.

spysmasher
07-16-2010, 01:35 AM
As an old geezer, I’ve had plenty of time to build up a pretty large collection. Also being an old-school old geezer, I don’t have an iPod so most of the music I listen to is in the form of CD’s. I won’t even hazard a guess at a number, but I’ve got more than I could carry! Lately, most of the ones I’ve bought are in languages I don’t understand --- French, Italian, Russian, Arabic, etc.

Drake498
07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I still buy CD's over buying stuff on Itunes or Amazon as I love actually having the physical medium in my hands. I of couse put all the music on my Ipod as soon as I get the CDs but I just love having the CD itself.

Yes I completely agree, I much prefer having an original physical disc as back up. I'm actually in the process of getting a media shelf because I've run out of room and started piling them up on my desk... which turned into 2 piles... geez

My last count was over 200+ CD's, 250+ DVD's, and 100+ Game Discs to store... I've yet to find a shelf or case that will fit with the space I have, and hold all that media.
And as far as CD's go - I have pretty much every genre except for country.
All Alizée, Beatles, etc. collections like that too...

puffyrock2
07-16-2010, 12:33 PM
I currently own 3,314 CD's. These are all ones I bought, dosen't include stuff I burned throughout the years....I've got binders full of those. I keep an inventory at RateYourMusic to avoid buying the same CD twice.

My collection: http://rateyourmusic.com/collection/puffyrock2/oo

ZshocksZ
07-16-2010, 09:40 PM
i own absolutely no CD's

The Gate Keeper
07-27-2010, 11:06 PM
I bought the Limited Edition of the new Avenged Sevenfold CD today. I like it although it's really different then most of they're stuff. Its a mix of they're old metalcore stuff with their new hard rock sound. It also has a soft song which was recorded 3 days before their drummer died. He sings on that track.

Tchaikovsky
07-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Let's see:

Well, I have UEDS, Psych, and MCE...so three :D...:(

DrSmith
07-28-2010, 03:01 PM
I own around seven compact discs, none of which are Alizée CDs. :( I need money, maaan. I'm so poor.