PDA

View Full Version : suggestion for the front page

nurvonic
10-20-2006, 01:51 AM
i know we've been getting alot of new members on the site lately and theyve been unearthing some old threads, pushing back the newer ones off the front page. what if you, brad, were to make a second page of 'latest discussions' on the front page, like have little arrows at the bottom of the page so you can go to the second set of 9 'latest discussion' threads?

maybe its just me being lazy and no one else has a problem with this....

Twitch
10-20-2006, 01:58 AM
Maybe adding a only bump up the really old threads if it is really important to the faq might help? :) But your idea sounds interesting nurvonic, I usually just go strait to the forums and start working my way through the new posts.

Spartan500
10-20-2006, 02:01 AM
nurvonic i get what your saying cause i dont usually go to the forums i tend to just use the front page

nurvonic
10-20-2006, 02:09 AM
same here spartan. but when the front page is filled with older threads, or a bunch of new ones are posted, i take the time to look through the forums. it would just be easier if they were right there on the front page

RadioactiveMan
10-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I always use the forum and then I switch to the Forum Spy after I've read everything that is new. That way I wont miss any threads because they aren't all on the front page.

bt_bird_90
10-20-2006, 02:12 AM
I like Twitch's solution

nurvonic
10-20-2006, 02:31 AM
Maybe adding a only bump up the really old threads if it is really important to the faq might help? .

thats great Twitch. maybe we can add some of your clever jokes in there as well

zemasterzzz
10-20-2006, 04:33 PM
hmmm I rarely read the faqs on anything just like most people don't read the instruction manual for games or software. So I think the faq wouldn't help as much but I like the a new function idea.

brad
10-20-2006, 05:47 PM
i know we've been getting alot of new members on the site lately and theyve been unearthing some old threads, pushing back the newer ones off the front page. what if you, brad, were to make a second page of 'latest discussions' on the front page, like have little arrows at the bottom of the page so you can go to the second set of 9 'latest discussion' threads?

maybe its just me being lazy and no one else has a problem with this....

that is a good idea nurvonic, it won't be hard for me to do that... i will add that in there soon.

the forum spy (http://moi-alizee.us/forums/vaispy.php) has the latest 25 posts, and that is really more than enough. i don't think we are really big enough yet to have more than 25 threads active at one time.

General Patton
10-20-2006, 07:59 PM
alizee is pretty.

nurvonic
10-20-2006, 08:11 PM
thanks brad :)

alizee is pretty.

note to self: make obligatory posts to make myself look like an idiot

Twitch
10-20-2006, 08:19 PM
^^That makes two of us, thanks brad :)
And Patton what you first put was just mean and stupid, especially since you're the one who usually complains about forum nazis.

nurvonic
10-20-2006, 08:24 PM
what? what did he first put?

neoteny
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
alizee is pretty.

i like chinese food...

NANAKI
10-23-2006, 06:13 PM
I just go to new post and look through their it is just easier and simple no problem for me