PDA

View Full Version : Tell your friends about us!

justchil
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Tell all your friends about this site!

Tell your mom dad sister brother dog cat bird fish whatever! :D

Jason
06-22-2006, 10:58 PM
Also, guests to this site should join! It is very easy.

brad
06-22-2006, 11:06 PM
i wonder how many American fans are already out there? I can't say that I have really bumped into any fans, but the 'french pop music' topic doesn't come up a whole lot.

Gatchaman
06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
i wonder how many American fans are already out there? I can't say that I have really bumped into any fans, but the 'french pop music' topic doesn't come up a whole lot.

I'm here in America, but I don't know too many folks that know about Alizee. However, more and more people are starting to know who she is because of sites like yours, YouTube, and Vmix. I have linked to your site from my video blog http://alizee.wordpress.com, and I'll continue to spead the word.

Jason
06-22-2006, 11:55 PM
You know, the absolute best way to get the word out is to have Alizee do something in the US. Why won't she, if she wants money the US has plenty!

brad
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
You know, the absolute best way to get the word out is to have Alizee do something in the US. Why won't she, if she wants money the US has plenty!

i don't think she has any desire to become popular in the US

nate714
06-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I told my friends, they told me to STFU along with some other fun comments haha.

C-4
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Thank you Brad for all the fantastic videos and interviews of Alizee.
I found out about Alizee from a friend of mine in Germany and have bought all of her CD's and the video concert.

I mention Alizee to everyone and no one has heard of her! Too bad for them.

I am a professional session guitarist and player and love the way her songs have been produced and how they sound.

I would rather listen to Alizee in french then to listen to any American performer I can think of at this time.
Stephen

Jason
06-23-2006, 11:29 PM
She was married in the US, Madonna is from the US, I mean with so much stuff in her life revolving around the US, why not?

Gatchaman
06-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Unlike most US music artists, Alizee has real talent. Most of the young folks that listen to the crap we have here will not be as open to someone singing in french. They'll all probably make stupid french jokes about her and her country. So I rather see her succeed in her country rather than possibly be critcized here in the US.

But if she does one day decide to try and perform here, I'll be there to support her!

nate714
06-24-2006, 01:38 AM
I've found that about 1 in 8 people who I tell, actually appreciate her music, but none of them become 'fans' =/

RadioactiveMan
06-30-2006, 12:25 AM
I've only met a couple of people who even know of her. I don't really know them since they're more or less friends of a friend. Of the people who I've mentioned Alizee to they generally acknowledge that she's hot but don't like her music.

Selphi3
06-30-2006, 04:47 AM
Well allmost all of my friends and family say thet the name Alizée and the song Moi...Lolita sounds familliar, but that's about it.
haven't really met someone who likes her other songs too

Brianh
07-02-2006, 12:28 AM
As Brad Stated she has no desire to perform here in the US, and I agree very few people here would appreciate her talent or her voice. Very seldom do I turn my radio on anymore because all I hear is the same stuff over and over again, and I surely can't stand rap (no offense to anybody who likes it). I read somewhere the only rap Alizee likes is french rap, but anyways I believe she has no desire to be here, and I hope she stays where she's at where she can be appriciated, and us US fans will appriciate her from where we are at. Oh and not really to prove a point but for example when somebody hears the music I'm listening to they ask who it is I tell them Alizee and they give me the stragest looks. The only ones that understand why I listen are my family for the most part

rwd716
08-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Why is it that when music is new it's cool, but a couple of years later the same good music is gay? I don't believe this to be true, but it seems that for everyone i know, besides one, this is true.

General Patton
08-16-2006, 11:34 PM
Yea most people would hate her music, but if they her dance, then thats a different story...

justchil
08-17-2006, 03:19 PM
:d
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Urb4n
08-17-2006, 04:03 PM
90% of the time, when I mention Alizee, my buddies say "I bet she has hairy pits though. Dumb French."

Bob
08-17-2006, 05:00 PM
90% of the time, when I mention Alizee, my buddies say "I bet she has hairy pits though. Dumb French."

haha lol when they say that show em a sleeveless video =)

RadioactiveMan
08-17-2006, 05:28 PM
Or a video with her wearing the little rain coat outfit with the strategically cut holes to show off her hairless armpits. :)

Matrix
08-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Alizee has said herself she is not greedy, not to bite off more than you can chew. She is extremely cautious, she is very analytical and superstitious about things. She has been interviewed saying she has no desire to come to the USA because it does not match her.

She said she is not a good match for the USA. She said Britney Spears has no respite from the crazed fans over here. She said USA is huge. Alizee knows the incredible demands that would be placed upon her if she came here.

Alizee is very wise and knows what she wants. Time can change everything though, so stay tuned....once she knows english better, she may change her mind.

aFrenchie
08-17-2006, 07:35 PM
"I bet she has hairy pits though. Dumb French."Yet another cliche! Oh well, we (French) have exactly the same about the Portuguese women! :D

DJ_Greg
08-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Yet another cliche! Oh well, we (French) have exactly the same about the Portuguese women! :D

So French women do shave their arm pits?

aFrenchie
08-17-2006, 08:25 PM
So French women do shave their arm pits?
You really thought they don't? :eek:
Damn the French bashing consequences are even stronger than I thought.
I remember those old bad French jokes about the Belgian, I never believed even one of them! (nor the Portuguese ones :D )

Spartan500
08-17-2006, 08:44 PM
hey lets step away from the semi political talk you remeber what happened during the time when brad was in san diego.

brad
08-17-2006, 09:14 PM
hey lets step away from the semi political talk you remeber what happened during the time when brad was in san diego.

lol .. what happened? i must have not discovered it yet.

riva2model64
08-17-2006, 09:40 PM
I read somewhere the only rap Alizee likes is french rap

yeah i read that on some biography of her, but in the Lollytop interview on this site, she says that she like Eminem

Bob
08-17-2006, 10:24 PM

lol cybersoil and....i think it was afrenchie, got into a little political battle...:p

DJ_Greg
08-17-2006, 10:38 PM
You really thought they don't? :eek:
Damn the French bashing consequences are even stronger than I thought.
I remember those old bad French jokes about the Belgian, I never believed even one of them! (nor the Portuguese ones :D )

Nah, I was just kidding.

General Patton
08-18-2006, 12:05 AM
wait I just posted something here was it deleted? Did I do something wrong?

HibyPrime
08-18-2006, 10:47 AM
If anyone shaves anything, their skin looks slightly green, and alizee's pits dont... So that leaves waxing.. FUCKING OW THATS GOTTA HURT UNDER THERE

on a side note: many, many, many people learn of alizee from world of warcraft.. I used to play it and just about everyone knew about the dance being taken from a french singer... and most people have seen the j'en ai marre video..

I say someone else (not me, it takes a hell of alot to quit) infiltrate the game and spread the word.

aFrenchie
08-18-2006, 12:30 PM
You must have missed this Brad (not only politics btw):
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=201&page=3
Sorry for this mess but I don't consider I'm responsible of it.

Other than that, I'm sure I had 197 posts last time I passed by (I even thought to myself: 3 before 200) and now I'm at 186. 11 posts, that's a lot. What did you remove from me since yesterday? :(

DJ_Greg
08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
I think my post count dropped, too. Maybe a bunch of old threads auto-deleted?

vctralca
08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
If anyone shaves anything, their skin looks slightly green, and alizee's pits dont... So that leaves waxing.. FUCKING OW THATS GOTTA HURT UNDER THERE

on a side note: many, many, many people learn of alizee from world of warcraft.. I used to play it and just about everyone knew about the dance being taken from a french singer... and most people have seen the j'en ai marre video..

I say someone else (not me, it takes a hell of alot to quit) infiltrate the game and spread the word.

Yeah for sure, sometimes when i play counter strike ;) i have mi nickname like :www.moi-alizee.us and i have Alizée as my spray logo :D , i enter some random forums with some nice signatures showing Alizée, an of course mentioning this site .:)

Spartan500
08-18-2006, 01:10 PM
yeah greg and afenchie i was wondering about that cause i had like 480 something and now it's 450 something

brad
08-18-2006, 01:23 PM
You must have missed this Brad (not only politics btw):
http://moi-alizee.us/forums/showthread.php?t=201&page=3
Sorry for this mess but I don't consider I'm responsible of it.

Other than that, I'm sure I had 197 posts last time I passed by (I even thought to myself: 3 before 200) and now I'm at 186. 11 posts, that's a lot. What did you remove from me since yesterday? :(

OK .. i just found it. Sorry about your posts, I deleted a few other 'bad' threads yesterday. From now on, when I delete stuff I will not physically remove the thread / posts. That way it wont mess with your post counts. I also removed the thread in question above. I don't hold you (or any of you) at fault ...

Discussing politics and stuff is always hard. The problem with politics is that people do not respect other peoples opinions.

There is nothing wrong with disagreements, and there is no way you can get everyone to agree with everything. I am sure each of us has valid opinions on all of these political subjects. people just need to learn to respect other opinions and leave it at that.

This might sound corny .. but I think Alizee has affected more people than any of us realize. I wouldn't say that I did not like France before I discovered Alizee .. but I was definitly indifferent towards the French in general (meaning i really didnt care). Since discovering Alizee, I have come to know the culture and the people a lot better .. and now I am looking forward to visiting France one day, and have already started studying the language.

I even have my first French friend (aFrenchie) :)

I guess my point is, lets just not discuss politics here .. it is just too hard for people to keep their emotions in check. I mean, I don't want aFrenchie finding out I voted for Bush .. he might stop helping with our translations :p

It is kind of a shame that it is so hard to discuss this kind of stuff, because I actually am interested in getting peoples viewpoints and reasoning behind their opinions .. we may end up understanding each other a lot better. Until that day comes, I will delete anything I don't think Alizee would like to read.

We are all friends here .. play nice :)

rwd716
08-18-2006, 02:23 PM
Well said.

Bob
08-18-2006, 02:45 PM
I voted for Bush

what?!? lol why? and btw, its possible that he be impeached about the whole wiretapping thing =)

Bob
08-18-2006, 02:47 PM

haha how many people play that game anyway? i played it for a little bit and found it rather boring..=)

Urb4n
08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh dear God, for all of your sakes, stay away from that game. There is no quicker way to destroy a social life than through an MMORPG. Lost a friend to that game.. was gruesome. He stopped doing anything with anybody. Just sat at home and "quested". From the time he got off work to the time he went to bed, he played the game. I haven't talked to him in about 5 months now. I've even heard stories of people getting divorced over games like that. I can't imagine how living a virtual life inside the one you have could be any better.

nurvonic
08-18-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey, i was wondering about my post count. thanks brad for clearing that up. We'll keep the political talk to a minimum, if any.

Ive played a game similar to warcraft called Starcraft. that was years ago and it didnt have anything like the JEM dance of any of its characters. I wish it did, cuz i would of discovered her a long time ago. I never did get into warcraft because starcraft was a whole lot of fun. Yes, it did cause disputes among my group of friends because we had some people who wanted to do something else, while other people just wanted to stay home and play starcraft. But it never got to the point where we lost friends.

General Patton
08-18-2006, 07:54 PM
Yea we'll stop talking about politics I thought I did something wrong...

rwd716
08-18-2006, 10:35 PM
what?!? lol why? and btw, its possible that he be impeached about the whole wiretapping thing =)

Yo, Brad just said let's not talk politics. Why ya gonna go stir up the pot?
This is a great site for alizeeitus, so let's not do anything to ruin that, p's.

bt_bird_90
08-18-2006, 10:41 PM
alizeeitus

haha, I like this. I'll try to post it on the urban dictionary or something when I have the time.

RadioactiveMan
08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
What is this? Bob stole it from you, Bird.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=alizeeitus

bt_bird_90
08-30-2006, 05:15 PM
lol, I like it, good job Bob

rwd716
08-31-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm glad I could have sparked such an inspiration. :D

proper
08-31-2006, 03:33 AM
ill be there to suppost her 2 cuz im her #1 fan ROFL ok maybe #2 but in the top 5 never the less :)

christelle
08-31-2006, 03:47 AM
You're so nice guys to support Alizée and french music.
America is so full of artists, talented and less talented yes but they are famous all around the world contrary to us, lot of US people are just focuse on their own music and country, it's like the rest of the world doesn't exists, sometimes americans are so bad and they think Europe is crap....:o

So thanks a lot for your kindeness...:p

My favourite american singer is Jessica Simpson, I think she's really beautiful-sometimes a bit dumb but nevermind-and she has a great voice...

cybersoil
08-31-2006, 04:42 AM
You're so nice guys to support Alizée and french music.

Alizee is very unique. I've shown her videos to many Americans, men and women, and everyone loves her. We've never experienced anything like her before. Of course, after the men pick their tongues up off of the floor (after watching her "J'en ai Marre" live performance video) they all say something like, "Wow!!! Who is that!?!?!? I've never seen anyone like her before." No joke, I've seen it happen many, many times.

Of course, because of Alizee I have also found about Jenifer Bartoli, (I really like her too, she's my second favorite) Lori, Natasha St. Pier, Garou, Pascal Obispo, Marilou, the "Les Enfoires" spectacle and others. I really love the French pop music and entertainment scene. The French entertainers come in second to nobody. Yes, they're that good!

Thank God (and the US government) for starting the Internet in the first place back in 1989, and "George Bush the 1st" for signing it over to public hands in 1992, the reason we could discover Alizee and the others. As time goes bye it can only get better and better and I look forward to learning more about other great French musicial artists.

-Cybersoil

DJ_Greg
08-31-2006, 01:04 PM
Thank God (and the US government) for starting the Internet in the first place back in 1989, and "George Bush the 1st" for signing it over to public hands in 1992, the reason we could discover Alizee and the others.

First of all, the Internet existed well before 1989. Second of all, http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/516.gif.

You don't really think the Internet is owned by the public, do you?

cybersoil
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
First of all, the Internet existed well before 1989. Second of all, http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/516.gif.

You don't really think the Internet is owned by the public, do you?

The Internet came into being in 1989, out of the ashes of ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) which began its existance in the late 1950's/ early 1960's as a response to the Soviet launching of Sputnik.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARPANET

George Herbert Walker Bush (the 1st) signed over the responsibility of maintaining and ultimate control of the network to civilian hands in 1992, just before he was defeated in the Presidential election by Bill Clinton.

*The network gained a public face in the 1990s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet Don't confuse the Internet with WWW which began in 1991 or the Mosaic web browser in 1993. I still remember using Mosaic. Anyone remember the "Internet In A Box" software by Spry Software?

Oh yes, who can forget... Al Gore invented the Internet... or so he said he did.:D
http://resources.bravenet.com/audio_clips/sound_effects/al_gore_-_al_gore_speech_saying_he_invented_the_internet/listen/

-Cybersoil

Spartan500
08-31-2006, 03:26 PM
yeah the internet started out as a way for sceintists to share information without taking long and it was with scientists all ove the world

DJ_Greg
08-31-2006, 04:18 PM
George Herbert Walker Bush (the 1st) signed over the responsibility of maintaining and ultimate control of the network to civilian hands in 1992, just before he was defeated in the Presidential election by Bill Clinton.

"Public" is NOT the same as "civilian." A small handful of private (as opposed to "public") corporations control the Internet.

bt_bird_90
08-31-2006, 05:07 PM
Wikipedia isn't exactly the most concrete source in information.

cybersoil
08-31-2006, 05:22 PM

No, but I read about the history of the Interent back in College. Actually, no one really owns or controls the Internet (although they try) but there a few giant corporations (like DJ Greg said) that own the backbone(s).

DJ_Greg
08-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Yeah, Wikipedia shouldn't be read as the definitive source on anything, but it is an interesting place to go for lots of general information. They do a pretty good job of moderating the articles, checking for facts and bias, but as with any kinda of "wiki," you can't be entirely sure. As with any other Internet source, Wikipedia should always be cross-referenced with another, more reputable source. (But for purposes of message board discussions, that's just not practical).

No, but I read about the history of the Interent back in College. Actually, no one really owns or controls the Internet (although they try) but there a few giant corporations (like DJ Greg said) that own the backbone(s).
To build on that...most of the "control" with the Internet is on the access-side. Obviously, we all have to pay money to gain access, and that has a huge impact on who gets to utilize the service. Contrary to popular belief, most homes in the world do NOT have Internet access. Widespread access is a largely middle- and upper-class phenomenon, mostly limited to Western nations.

There have been some attempts to control content, as well...this is why so many people are up-in-arms over "net neutrality." It's actually a very important issue.

cybersoil
08-31-2006, 07:37 PM
I agree with you but give those assholes time and they'll do their best to try and squeeze every penny out of us that they can.

-Cybersoil.