PDA

View Full Version : A new way of promoting that wont cost us a dime

Scruffydog777
08-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/open-discussion-work-safe/621036-has-anyone-heard-beautiful-singer-before.html#post1751985

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/leprechaun-lounge/54627-have-you-heard-beautiful-singer-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita

Merci Alizée
08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
It's a good idea. Though it won't cost anyone a dime, but it demands another important thing and that's effort.

Ah, the world is certainly round. Everything is back to what was thought at the beginning,

Sachin_22
08-24-2010, 10:35 AM
Idea is great...but the problem is that many forums...doesnt allow to post links....and if you do so...you get banned :D

Merci Alizée
08-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Idea is great...but the problem is that many forums...doesnt allow to post links....and if you do so...you get banned :D

That will never be a problem.

Scruffydog777
08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
68 views for each of these threads in just the first few hours.

VVVACCPLPNLY
08-24-2010, 12:10 PM
I live like 15 minutes walk from most VCU's campus in richmond, and am making friends with a lot of students there. I have slowly begun to introducve them to her. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tomtentp
08-24-2010, 01:50 PM
68 views for each of these threads in just the first few hours.

Could you link the forum threads you've enlightened?
Would like to render your work :p

Människöpesten
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
copy pasta.

User22
08-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Sadly the IrishEnvy thread was taken down:( But o well at least it was seen by some of them.

But yes this is an AMAMAMAZING idea!!! It takes like 2 seconds to join a forum and so I don't see why we all each should pick 5 forums and infect them with the Lilly-Bug....this can really work!

Scruffydog777
08-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Looks like the Irish envy deleted my thread. Don't understand why. It was in a section that was open to anything. Probably because I was a newby there and maybe they thought I was just trying to do some advertising or something along that line.
But in the other forum, it's up over 120 views so far.

Edit:

Could you link the forum threads you've enlightened?
Would like to render your work :p

Here's the one that's still active.

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/open-discussion-work-safe/621036-has-anyone-heard-beautiful-singer-before.html#post1751985

Here's the link to the thread that shows the list of threads

http://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/open-discussion-work-safe/

The title is "Has any one heard of this beautiful singer before?".

User22
08-24-2010, 02:19 PM
Ok Scruff I hope you don't mind me giving a few words about this, but I think we need to hit the forums for the BIGGEST COLLEGES first, cause there are colleges that have over 25k people and that would get alot of views and spread the word even faster. What do you guys think

Scruffydog777
08-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Just a note that one thing I've noticed so far is that some of these universities have several forums. Forums for each type of team they have or forums for different fields that their school is the focus of i.e. engineering, agriculture, medical, etc.

Ronald
08-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Anything to promote our "Lilli" is a good thing to do, but how do you guys feel when some newbie posts here only "off-topic" things?

Personally I hate such posts (most of them are annoying adult links...)

Maybe you'll get more luck by registering anywhere, post a few serious posts, and then start to promote the french girl, I think you'd then have more success...

BlackAnthem
08-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Sweet idea. Knocks the socks off of my idea.

MYGOGT
08-24-2010, 07:37 PM
I like this idea also. One must use caution not to get banned from all the college sites.

Fèvier
08-24-2010, 08:31 PM
you know, I've been thinking.
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Any thought? :blink:

AlizéeInspired
08-24-2010, 08:49 PM
what if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's Got Talent, for example, get many view and I think it would be a great way to promote her here in the US.

Really good idea! However... Should they be really, really good or should they butcher the song? JK lol. Yeah, let's find an amazing singer who would be willing to sing (and possibly perform?) an Alizée song on AGT! That would be great! Personally, for me, I know one girl who has a really good voice but I don't think she'd fit well singing an Alizée song as her voice is more of a powerful opera voice... From the forum, I nominate Rictor! I'm sure he wouldn't mind as he has recently shown us his passion and love for singing with his birthday gift to Alizée :D. Or Mark could go do some sweet stuff on his guitar for it. Or IncliningPizza could show off his amazing piano skills!

Anyway, I think that if someone was willing, that would be a pretty decent way to let her be known to a wide audience of people. Lots of people watch. For the live performances they kept saying things about the thousands and thousands of people watching. I know I really enjoy watching AGT and have been watching this whole season. I do believe there is an episode coming on tonight.

User22
08-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Not to be the Harbinger of Doom, ok maybe I will be:D With shows/competitions like AGT and American Idol, they have auditions before the show which filters out a lot of people, and not all the people get filmed:( So it probably wouldn't work.....But it's a great idea!!!

Jake04
08-25-2010, 01:32 AM
you know, i've been thinking.
What if one of our more musically talented fans here perform one of her songs (vocals or instrumental, doesn't matter) on a talent show! America's got talent, for example, get many view and i think it would be a great way to promote her here in the us.

kayla! Kayla! Kayla!
Take one for the team! :D

Can you imagine her or one of us here performing one of Alizee's song on American Idol?

Edit:

Last week while posting in the "Alizée viral marketing" thread started by Zeerre, I got the idea of going to college forums and posting there to promote Alizée. At that time, I joined the college confidential forum and started a thread there. Just over an hour later, they closed it because it had a link to Youtube, but in that hour, it had 75 hits.

This morning I joined 2 other forums. One called Buckeye planet (Ohio state) and another called Irish envy (Notre Dame). Just about every forum seems to have a open topic section where you can post anything. I figured it was best to post something as if I was a student there and I figured it be best to make up some type of story to get the word out there (Forgive me Lord!).
Here are links to the 2 threads.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/leprechaun-lounge/54627-have-you-heard-beautiful-singer-before.html

It seems like a lot of these forums are sports oriented. That doesn't really matter because like I said, they all have an open subject section.

I did a little research on the net and found out there are over 4,000 colleges/universities in this country. I'm sure there are hundreds of forums out there.

This is a great opportunity to do some free advertising for Alizée. Wont cost us a penny. All it will take is a little time on our part.

If anyone decides to do it, use your own imagination on what to say.

Each forum seems to be different. Some don't allow links. Some you have to embed a youtube code to display a video. Some you just have to post the link that's at the top of the page.

The best time to do this will probably be in a few weeks when most colleges are back in session, but it wont hurt to register or even post now.

EDIT: I added a link to La Isla Bonita

Great one, Scruff! I checked your links and found a couple of pictures I've never seen before that were posted by the members there. :cool:

Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.

PS: Our SS videos are still doing good. Hopefully, we're able to convert a couple of hundreds of them!

Zeerre
08-25-2010, 05:25 AM
I think it's a great idea Scruffy, we have to be careful not to come off as spammers though. As Ronald mentioned maybe we should join the forums, make a few relevant posts here and there, and then make a thread about Alizée.

I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I think the odds of that happening are pretty slim. As Aaronius pointed out already, auditions are set in place to weed out the people, and not all who audition make it to the stage before the three judges. I don't think that an instrumental rendition of one of Alizée's songs would be noteworthy enough, singing would be a better choice. But then again, what song would they sing? The English versions of Alizée's songs are, as Alizée herself commented once, laughable. So, now we would need someone that sings amazingly well in French... or terribly bad.

Let's not forget, though, Youtube is still the best place to post /upload our videos. I believe we could have gotten several thousand hits had we upload our videos a day or two earlier. Timing is everything! Let's keep our eyes on the news and look for another Steven Slater story out there.

I don't really watch TV at all, if it weren't for you I probably wouldn't have found out about Steven Slater until much later, but from now on I'm keeping my eyes peeled for another opportunity.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-25-2010, 08:02 AM
College students + using old alizee videos to promote alizee now + posting what you are doing and how honest you are being on another public forum. Well at least it should be lolzy.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
08-25-2010, 08:56 AM
College students + using old alizee videos to promote alizee now + posting what you are doing and how honest you are being on another public forum. Well at least it should be lolzy.

Regards,

Jung

It's true I'm not being honest, but all I'm trying to do is to get people to view one of Alizée's performances, to find out about her. I think they'd be a lot less willing to read my posts if they knew I wasn't a member of their shool and new my true age. If this is such a terrible thing to do, I will accept what ever punishment Jesus deems necessary in the after life.

So what have you done to promote Alizée?

I joined 3 more forums.
1 for Miami U forum.
2 for 2 different Texas University forums. One I have to wait for an admins approval before I can post. I will probably wait a few days before posting about Alizée. I will make a few replies to other posts first. Hopefully I wont look like such a newb when I do post it and the thread will get less likely to be yanked the way it did on the Irishenvy forum.

BlackAnthem
08-25-2010, 11:21 AM
Are there any preexisting threads where you could casually mention her name? I mean if you can't post links then at least just ask about her

Scruffydog777
08-25-2010, 11:39 AM
If there are sites where you can't post links, I will find a way to mention her, but I'm sure it will not be as affective (or is effective - never could get them 2 straight) as posting a link. Luckily the sites that wont, have been the exception so far. I've found most will.

VVVACCPLPNLY
08-25-2010, 01:11 PM
1st- Technically, effective is not a word, it would be affective. Effect is a noun, affect is a verb. So to make the adjective (or adverb in some cases) form, you take the verb and add the adjective/adverb ending of 'ive'. (What? I love grammar!)
2nd- Whatever your punishment may be, if you are set on doing this, I advise you get someone who IS in college (Wasabi for instance) and let hime look over your posts, to make sure they are college student-sounding. Also, you realise that if someone gets hooked on because of this, and comes here, and sees the real you, well, umm... Or if they just get the urge to help promote, and read this thread. That, and another thing. What if you befriend someone, and they think you're a student, and want to hang out or meet you or whatever? Just saying, not trying to encourage or discourage you, but that's what I do (thanks to the you-know-what!): I analyze every possible situation that may occur. Making sure you've thought about this 100%.

Tchaikovsky
08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
You're one devious bastard Scruffy :D

RobandSandy
08-25-2010, 03:43 PM
All sounds good to me Scruffy, just exercise a bit of the old caution thats all.

Zeerre
08-25-2010, 04:29 PM
If there are sites where you can't post links, I will find a way to mention her, but I'm sure it will not be as affective (or is effective - never could get them 2 straight) as posting a link. Luckily the sites that wont, have been the exception so far. I've found most will.

It's "effective.":)

1st- Technically, effective is not a word, it would be affective. Effect is a noun, affect is a verb. So to make the adjective (or adverb in some cases) form, you take the verb and add the adjective/adverb ending of 'ive'. (What? I love grammar!)

ef·fec·tive fek[/B]-tiv]

[I]–adjective
1. adequate to accomplish a purpose; producing the intended or expected result.

Junkmale
08-25-2010, 09:26 PM
I've been doing just that for a while now Scruffy.
Every forum that i'm on i will find a way to mention her at some point.
If anybody isn't on any other Forums, join one. Doesn't matter what the topic is. Make a few posts (to fool them into thinking your not a Spammer) and then away you go. Most Forums will have an 'Off Topic' section.
Don't just think about it. Do it!

Another idea i've been having is this.
As you probably know i run a UK fansite for Ewa Farna (click the link..you know you want to;)).
Anyway recently i've been making some enquires into releasing a 7" Vinyl Picture Disc to promote the site. It would contain some interview footage. There is no copyright on the spoken word so it can be done.
A limited Edition of 100 Numbered Copies is not all that expensive to do. In fact the more you get pressed the cheaper it becomes. I think it would make a really good Collectors Item as well as something that might catch the attention of local music press and radio? Copies could be sent to them as promotion?
Something similar for Alizee might be an idea?

It all comes down to the usual problem with her? i.e. Making an effort to promote someone who doesn't want to be promoted?

User22
08-25-2010, 11:09 PM

Oh VVV:rolleyes:

But yah can anyone share links to some forums that would be good for doing this? Cause I can't find any forums that will let me post links or anything, or any college forums:( Thanks

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I think they'd be a lot less willing to read my posts if they knew I wasn't a member of their shool and new my true age.

It's not what you are doing there, it's that you are posting on here, a public forum, exactly what you are doing. If you're gonna do it simply do it, or if you are gonna talk about it do it in private. In the long run it is likely to catch up to you. And once again using the old stuff will also catch up to you just like it is in Mexico now.

So what have you done to promote Alizée?

Lately not a damn thing, 2 years ago I'd get more done in a week than you have and probably will get in your life. If you'd like to know how, it was simply by talking to people, you gotta know your targets.

Regards,

Jung

User22
08-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Jung do you mind talking to a few more people? Cause we could really use the help haha.

I NEED SLEEP

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-25-2010, 11:50 PM
Jung do you mind talking to a few more people? Cause we could really use the help haha.

I NEED SLEEP

My time for that has passed. If I'm gonna be promoting it's gonna be for someone who appreciates it.

Regards,

Jung

Merci Alizée
08-26-2010, 01:40 AM
It's not what you are doing there, it's that you are posting on here, a public forum, exactly what you are doing. If you're gonna do it simply do it, or if you are gonna talk about it do it in private. In the long run it is likely to catch up to you. And once again using the old stuff will also catch up to you just like it is in Mexico now.

Lately not a damn thing, 2 years ago I'd get more done in a week than you have and probably will get in your life. If you'd like to know how, it was simply by talking to people, you gotta know your targets.

Regards,

Jung

Same as my way of doing it. I have more faith in talking to people than just posting something somewhere and let people view it. But in my case I know my targets, so it I don't actually interfere with the way most people become a fan, i.e. discovering on your own and falling for her.

My time for that has passed. If I'm gonna be promoting it's gonna be for someone who appreciates it.

Regards,

Jung

Any chances of those days coming back again? Think about it, if you want to.

Scruffydog777
08-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I've done quite a bit of promoting on the local level. In at work, a lot of times workers are called in who specialize at a certain job from another one of our stations in other states, such as when a catering truck smashes into a wing tip which happens all too often, heavy sheet metal workers are usually called in from Tulsa. Another problem we have fairly often is called unwanted fuel migration where the fuel level goes up in a tank during flight, usually caused by a leaking valve inside the plumping of a tank. For this workers are called in from JFK. Everytime I see someone new at work, if I have time, I get my lap top and introduce them to Alizée.

Everybody in my life knows about her. My barber, the guys at the local hardware store , concvienence store, neighbors, the mechanics where I take my truck to get fixed. I've put up flyers in the gym I go to plus many other places. I give away sample cds I made all the time. I know my freinds, family and co-workers are tired of hearing about her. So don't try and say I don't do a lot of promoting on the local level.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why I'm trying to reach people on a larger scale. The more people who find out, the more likely it is that some one will find out who can make a difference. As far as using old material. Moi Lolita was seven years old when I found out about it. Didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the fact I hadn't heard it before.

Does she appreciate us? I have no idea. I think the way she treats her fans is something that was drilled into her by MF, or maybe it's just the fact that she wants to leave her job at the office or sound studio in her case. Once she leaves work, she's just completely devoted to family.

It does seem like it wouldn't take much for her to communicate with her fans more often, but I don't really know why she doesn't and as long as I don't I will give her the benefit of the doubt and keep supporting her in any way I can.

User22
08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Scruff I see what your doing as very good for Alizee. I don't and never will have the guts to go up to people I don't know and tell them about something they are really missing out on. So keep it up man, cause Alizee needs more fans like you to spread her stuff.

So yah I think posting links on forums is great! I mean it's probably part of the reason that we have 50 guests on the forums almost all the time. And guests usually turn into members;)

VVVACCPLPNLY
08-26-2010, 09:09 AM

Oops... My bad! But at least I set you straight on whether to use effect or affect! Right? Or is that wrong too? I haven't read a dictionary in while (yes, when I was a little kid, I used to do that), so I could be wrong on that too.

Tom
08-26-2010, 09:48 AM
So yah I think posting links on forums is great! I mean it's probably part of the reason that we have 50 guests on the forums almost all the time. And guests usually turn into members;)

I had been reading this forum for 6 months almost every day before i became a member. And yeah, i saw that there was almost 90 guests on here at once a few days ago (Could have been on her birthday...but there's always 30+).

On the topic off promoting... none of my friends knows that i listen to Alizée and they probably don't know who she is :blink: Do i dare to tell them about her? :confused: Guess i could link a video over MSN/Skype.

Merci Alizée
08-26-2010, 11:21 AM
I've done quite a bit of promoting on the local level. In at work, a lot of times workers are called in who specialize at a certain job from another one of our stations in other states, such as when a catering truck smashes into a wing tip which happens all too often, heavy sheet metal workers are usually called in from Tulsa. Another problem we have fairly often is called unwanted fuel migration where the fuel level goes up in a tank during flight, usually caused by a leaking valve inside the plumping of a tank. For this workers are called in from JFK. Everytime I see someone new at work, if I have time, I get my lap top and introduce them to Alizée.

Everybody in my life knows about her. My barber, the guys at the local hardware store , concvienence store, neighbors, the mechanics where I take my truck to get fixed. I've put up flyers in the gym I go to plus many other places. I give away sample cds I made all the time. I know my freinds, family and co-workers are tired of hearing about her. So don't try and say I don't do a lot of promoting on the local level.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything. That's why I'm trying to reach people on a larger scale. The more people who find out, the more likely it is that some one will find out who can make a difference. As far as using old material. Moi Lolita was seven years old when I found out about it. Didn't matter to me. All that mattered was the fact I hadn't heard it before.

I can understand why this doesn't work. Most of the people who know you don't take her seriously. Well this is not surprising. Maybe others don't want to become like you(there are always some exception). At least this is what happens to me. I can tell you that there are more than 1000 people around me who know her because of me. They have seen her, many of them like her work also. But they won't become like me and I know that. This doesn't bother me either. There are more than 50 people around me who even know you. At the very begining they had no problem with me liking her, but later they thought I have gone crazy because becoming a fan of a singer is not common here. But now they respect my feelings.

Scruff I see what your doing as very good for Alizee. I don't and never will have the guts to go up to people I don't know and tell them about something they are really missing out on. So keep it up man, cause Alizee needs more fans like you to spread her stuff.

I wonder why you won't be able to tell anyone about her? Do you feel that you are doing something wrong?

I don't believe that people who don't know her are missing something important.

I had been reading this forum for 6 months almost every day before i became a member. And yeah, i saw that there was almost 90 guests on here at once a few days ago (Could have been on her birthday...but there's always 30+).

On the topic off promoting... none of my friends knows that i listen to Alizée and they probably don't know who she is :blink: Do i dare to tell them about her? :confused: Guess i could link a video over MSN/Skype.

You should definitely introduce her to your friends. It would be better if you do it casually. Don't get overexcited while telling about her.

AlizéeInspired
08-26-2010, 12:34 PM
It would be better if you do it casually. Don't get overexcited while telling about her.

I believe that is key when introducing someone you're a fan of to another person, especially if you want to make a fan out of them too. I know that if someone is showing me something or someone that they like, I usually tend to not be as much into it if they are overexcited and all "obsessed" over what they are trying to show me. Because, when someone is like that, it is more likely they are just blinded to that person or things faults. But in a more casual way, I am more into it.

If I ever tell anyone about Alizée, I usually try do it in a way where they will ask more questions. I may be showing someone a drawing of her and they'll become interested in who she is and start asking. I just present the situation to the person instead of forcing it onto them. They will either become interested or not. Or she may casually (somehow) pop in conversation. It's not always best to just go all out, overexcited, and tell too much and not allow the person to gain interest or wonder about her. Introducing her to people is something that takes time, especially if you want to make the type of fan out of someone that most of us here are (lili-crazed :p).

Tom
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
Thank you for the tip, i've wanted to tell someone for a long time :o

Scruffydog777
08-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Thank you for the tip, i've wanted to tell someone for a long time :o

If I might make a suggestion on how you introduce Alizée to your freinds. If you prefer her earlier albums, I wouldn't show them the videos Moi Lolita in Amsterdam or J'en ai marre pour Laurette, even though those are 2 of her best performances to watch in my opinion. I'd show them performances like Moi Lolita at Festival de Alcalá de los Gazules on 5-16-2003 or J'en ai marre at Festivalbar on 6-20-2003. Reason being, I found that people I show her videos to that don't like that type of music or can't apppreciate any music that's not in English, will look at those videos and see her in those skimpy outfits and figure that's what the big attraction to you is, and for those you might show those first two videos to, who aren't attracted by the music but really love the way she looks, their fandom will be short lived.

Show them the latter two versions of these 2 songs and if they like them, then you will have found some true fans. Then you can show those true fans, the incredibly sexy performance of J'en ai marre pour Laurette.

Of course if you prefer her latter 2 albums, it doesn't really matter what songs from those albums you show them. The MF affect was gone by then.

MarkL
08-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Your right Scruffy, the first thing I showed them was an Alizee JEAM dance and they said, you dont like the music you just like her. Yea i loved the way she looked but it wasnt just her that made me love her music. It was its beat, rhythm and sound!

Tom
08-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Thanks Scruffy, that's a good advice. I understand what you mean ;)

Will start to plan my first move :D

Tchaikovsky
08-26-2010, 04:42 PM
I may have to do this on some forums I'm active on.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-26-2010, 09:06 PM
Any chances of those days coming back again? Think about it, if you want to.

Like I said my time for her has passed. When you are helping out, but being lied to constantly it kinda kills things fast.

The thing is this hasn't really accomplished anything.

Like I say you gotta know who to target, just hitting up random people doesn't do it. I'm hardly surprised that your barber or sheet metal workers weren't interested.

Does she appreciate us?

Well has she replied to your letter? Or how about that e-mail? She respond to that one yet? Those may be clues.

Regards,

Jung

Tchaikovsky
08-26-2010, 09:37 PM
Like I said my time for her has passed. When you are helping out, but being lied to constantly it kinda kills things fast.

Like I say you gotta know who to target, just hitting up random people doesn't do it. I'm hardly surprised that your barber or sheet metal workers weren't interested.

Well has she replied to your letter? Or how about that e-mail? She respond to that one yet? Those may be clues.

Regards,

Jung
Are you a fan of Alizée?

Scruffydog777
08-26-2010, 10:02 PM

Jung

What's happened several times at work is I'll be working the late night shift. We have what we call a ready room in the terminal where we typically hang out during the day, but people at night tend to disappear when their jobs are done. It has a nice hd big screen tv with surround sound.

Theres a tech crew chief office right next to it. A tech crew chief is a specialist here who has the most training and the most experience on these aircraft. When a major problem comes up where they call in specialists from another station, they usually arrive late at night. Typically they'll be in the TCC's office discussiing the problem, looking up parts, looking at schematics, whatever they need to. At that hour of the night, usually it's around 2 or 3 am, I'll walk through when I'm done, see what's going on in that office. By that time there's no on in the ready room so I'll put in an Alizée dvd and let it do it's trick. There's been so many occassions where these guys just cant stop coming out of the crew chief's office to see what's going on.

The TCCs know what I'm up too. They've seen it all too often. They get pissed at me in a good natured way. We have three of them here and they all like her music, they've all asked for dvd's of her. But several of these guys who come through are just mesmorised by her and her music. Of course I always have sample dvds and cds to give them. whether or not they ever follow up on that, I have no way of knowing because we seldom see the same guys come back here a second time.

Jung

Well she's recieved thousands, maybe millions of e-mails and letters over the years. Who knows how many if any she has responded to. If she hasn't responded to any, I have no idea why. She might think she's a big star and we're just second class citizens, but like I say I don't know. Probably will never know, but I will like I've said before, continue to believe that she has her reasons for doing things the way she does. In religion, I guess they'd call it faith.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Are you a fan of Alizée?

I believe a better question would be what type of fan am I. Just cause I say the things I do does that make me less of a fan? Or do I have to praise the ground she walks on and stalk her facebook to be a true fan? Honestly there is no artist out there that I like everything that they do.

Well she's recieved thousands, maybe millions of e-mails and letters over the years. Who knows how many if any she has responded to. If she hasn't responded to any, I have no idea why. She might think she's a big star and we're just second class citizens, but like I say I don't know. Probably will never know, but I will like I've said before, continue to believe that she has her reasons for doing things the way she does. In religion, I guess they'd call it faith.

So that would be a long way of saying no to both right? I just happen to know people she has responded on the account you sent yours to. I also believe you guys were supposed to say something to everyone if there wasn't a response.

Regards,

Jung

wasabi622
08-27-2010, 12:33 AM

Regards,

Jung

I fail to see what's wrong with using old Alizée to promote her. Last time I checked, old Alizée is still, in fact.. wait for it.. Alizée.

I know, mind blowing concept right?

Zeerre
08-27-2010, 06:00 AM
I believe a better question would be what type of fan am I. Just cause I say the things I do does that make me less of a fan? Or do I have to praise the ground she walks on and stalk her facebook to be a true fan? Honestly there is no artist out there that I like everything that they do.

I think you are one of few people on this site that are very critical of Alizée, and I do not condemn you for it, I actually think sometimes you're the only that seems to see the light and provide a less biased opinion. Judging by your comments on this thread, I'm assuming that you don't feel the same way about Alizée as you once did, but I'm genuinely interested in knowing: Do you still like her as an artist?

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-27-2010, 07:00 AM
I fail to see what's wrong with using old Alizée to promote her. Last time I checked, old Alizée is still, in fact.. wait for it.. Alizée.

I know, mind blowing concept right?

Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? This holds especially true if the styles are as different as they are between her old stuff and the new. This will hold even more true if you are promoting using video, as the performances are drastically different as of recent.

If you promote the old and the target likes it when they find out about the new stuff they will either like the new or they won't. If they like it fine, however the problem comes up when they don't. if they don't like what is being put out now they will lose interest rather quickly, they won't hang around waiting for her to change back. It's happening in Mexico right now her support is dropping as they were expecting Lolita and MCE days. Now if you promote what is happening in the here and now and they like it and not the old they will stick around. This is because they won't care so much because what they don't like is in the past not the now.

but I'm genuinely interested in knowing: Do you still like her as an artist?

Yes and no, I like that she is doing what she wants to. I don't like UEDS, I however liked Psyche at least good part of it. I've found the performances since her comeback with Psyche to be quite disapointing. None of that however would make me not like someone as an artist. What I don't like is when I am lied to about when she says she will perform and that day comes and nothing or that she doesn't say anything when she knows a performance will be canceled.

Regards,

Jung

RobandSandy
08-27-2010, 10:27 AM
When one reaches a certain point in life, and finds something to have a passion for, one will not allow the opinions of others to chage the facts of oneself. I am a walking Alizée billboard here in Orlando, I tell everyone I can. I have even given promo comps to complete strangers on many an occasion. I do not place judgement upon my efforts big or small on whether Alizée appreciates it or not. She does not even know who I am. I know if she knew she would. And the one true Alizée fan I have gained is my woman, Sandy. Only one has given me 100% negative feedback in all my personal efforts which I call pretty damn good. I promote Alizée for this reason alone, her music and positivity has changed my life forever for the good, and now Sandy too. It is only the least little tiny thing I can do to thank Alizée for what she has done for us. I do not get overbearing when I tell someone about Alizée, but I can say this, everyone who knows me knows I am crazy about her and probably always be.

Scruffydog777
08-27-2010, 11:56 AM
So that would be a long way of saying no to both right?

Jung

Saying no to what?

Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? Jung

That's a matter of opinion. I feel a lot more people would be attracted to her old stuff than her new stuff. That's why I use it so much in my promotions. I could be dead wrong. But if I'm doing any promoting on my own, I'm going to do it the way I see fit. It's a free country. Anyone else here can use the materieal they see fit. If somebody here wants to do promotions of her last 2 albums, I will do everything in my power to help them if they need it. I may make suggestions, but I'm not going to try and disuade them, and I certainly wont criticize them for anything that might benefit Alizée, no matter how much it differs from my views.

RobandSandy
08-27-2010, 12:17 PM
And I have said it b4 and ima say it again. Scruffy, your efforts to promote Alizée are as appreciated now as they were b4. Alizée fans everywhere appreciate anything, any Alizée fan has, or is, or will do to promote her. whether or not its early Alizée or newer Alizée. Does anyone know on this forum that Madonna videos still come in at a consistent rate on MTV top 100 list? And a lot of those are her early work???? HMMMM makes one wonder about this whole early or later Alizée talk, now does it not. All Alizée is simply put, Alizée, who is even better than Madonna herself.

pepelepew
08-28-2010, 02:03 AM
I agree SD and R&S. Promoting Alizee or any relatively unknown is a crap shoot. Old Alizee and new Alizee will appeal to different people. You never know what may trip someone's trigger. Scruffy I love your passion for promoting Alizee and your tenacity. I would never purposely try to dampen yours or anyone elses spirit towards promoting Alizee ever even if I disagreed with their strategy. The same point you made I think. I think the fact that Alizee was willing to do a 50 private Ueds signing for a very small fan base proves that Alizee cares about her fans or people in general. As we all know Alizee has struggled greatly since her divorce from MF/LB to be a relevent artist especially in France. My point is that judging her actions or non actions without all the facts is pointless and unfair. I know there are those that pretend to have more information than they do and are just Fonzy from Happy Days wanta be's lol!:)

MarkL
08-28-2010, 02:51 AM
Yea man, whatever way you promote Alizee is great. Its up to the other person to look up more. You guys just have to remember that not everyone likes every kind of music so some will not be interested in Alizee. I show it to some people and they stare at me while others are like wow thats great. Old Alizee or new Alizee it doesnt matter, pick whatever appeals to your audience the most, and if you dont know your audience well...JEAM them.

Jake04
08-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Yea man, whatever way you promote Alizee is great. Its up to the other person to look up more. You guys just have to remember that not everyone likes every kind of music so some will not be interested in Alizee. I show it to some people and they stare at me while others are like wow thats great. Old Alizee or new Alizee it doesnt matter, pick whatever appeals to your audience the most, and if you dont know your audience well...JEAM them.

That's what I always do! Can't go wrong with JEAM!:D

Rictor
08-28-2010, 12:01 PM
That's what I always do! Can't go wrong with JEAM!:D

JEAM is dangerous. Even after 7 years, I still find it mesmerizing. I was doing laundry and decided to watch one of her JEAM performances to make folding clothes less boring. I ended up just watching it like 4 times without even doing anything. She is very distracting. Too beautiful. :wub:

Aldighieri
08-28-2010, 12:31 PM
JEAM is dangerous. Even after 7 years, I still find it mesmerizing. I was doing laundry and decided to watch one of her JEAM performances to make folding clothes less boring. I ended up just watching it like 4 times without even doing anything. She is very distracting. Too beautiful. :wub:
I did it ten times few month ago;)

User22
08-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes old alizee is still alizee music. However do you promote an artist by what they are doing now and how they are performing now, or by what they did eight years ago? You promote what they are doing now right? This holds especially true if the styles are as different as they are between her old stuff and the new. This will hold even more true if you are promoting using video, as the performances are drastically different as of recent.

You know what, I actually see your point.

It's sort of like you selling hot dogs at a stand and a guy comes up and sees a picture of a REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog. He asks for a hot dog and expects a hot dog that looks like the one in the picture. But no, he gets a cheeseburger.

See the REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog is Alizee from Gourmandises and MCE, and the cheeseburger is the new Alizee. It's like false advertising to people almost. BUT IT WORKS STILL!!! hahahaha

bbk
08-28-2010, 04:47 PM
You know what, I actually see your point.

It's sort of like you selling hot dogs at a stand and a guy comes up and sees a picture of a REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog. He asks for a hot dog and expects a hot dog that looks like the one in the picture. But no, he gets a cheeseburger.

See the REALLY GOOD LOOKING hotdog is Alizee from Gourmandises and MCE, and the cheeseburger is the new Alizee. It's like false advertising to people almost. BUT IT WORKS STILL!!! hahahaha

What the...Alizée IS NOT A HOT DOG. Terrible analogy.

And besides, if the person becomes really into Alizée, he or she might end up liking the new stuff as well. You never know for sure. Varies by the individual yo.

lefty12357
08-28-2010, 04:55 PM
I’m not sure that we have any evidence that promoting Alizée with old material can win over fans to her new material. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn’t. I personally favor introducing people to her new stuff first. I think that's what she would want anyways.

It’s actually a lot easier to promote the current Alizée to my musician friends than the old Alizée. They generally liked the old music but they couldn’t relate to her image as being a serious artist. When I bought the UEDS CD I got an extra one to give to one of my friends along with some current pictures. He sat down and listened to it all the way through 4 times. He was really impressed with her work and now sees Alizée as a mature and serious artist. Since he is a very talented singer, musician and songwriter in his own right, I value his opinion, and he doesn’t give his opinion lightly. So not everyone prefers the old over the new.

User22
08-28-2010, 08:21 PM
It’s actually a lot easier to promote the current Alizée to my musician friends than the old Alizée. They generally liked the old music but they couldn’t relate to her image as being a serious artist. When I bought the UEDS CD I got an extra one to give to one of my friends along with some current pictures. He sat down and listened to it all the way through 4 times. He was really impressed with her work and now sees Alizée as a mature and serious artist. Since he is a very talented singer, musician and songwriter in his own right, I value his opinion, and he doesn’t give his opinion lightly. So not everyone prefers the old over the new.

That really lit me up right there. I like people noticing that she has matured and she's not just a hot singer anymore(she is so hot). Because I have a friend that judged her saying "Wow, you're listening to that stupid French girl?! You're so obsessed with her. Her music is so bad." All he heard was I'm Fed Up at that time. And now I showed him her remixes and UEDS and he is now super obsessed with her music and he is remixing some vocals now with the Apple Logic Pro music program thing he just got. So it's nice to see that he likes her new stuff.

RobandSandy
08-28-2010, 11:25 PM

I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and my computer moniter almost overheated!!!!lolol :D:D:D

Zeerre
08-29-2010, 05:36 AM
I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and my computer moniter almost overheated!!!!lolol :D:D:D

That reminds me of the time I was watching Alizée's performance of "Ella, elle l'a" and the power went out just as she was coming down the steps.

Vista
08-29-2010, 01:24 PM
Hey... I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and I almost overheated!
;)

User22
08-29-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey... I was watching a JEAM performance not too long ago and I almost overheated!
;)

This just makes me wonder, I don't think even Alizee can comprehend how amazing, awesome, nice, and beautiful she really is hahahaha.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Saying no to what?

To whether or not she has said anything about the letter you gave her or replied to your email.

Regards,

Jung

Junkmale
08-29-2010, 10:24 PM
To whether or not she has said anything about the letter you gave her or replied to your email.

Regards,

Jung

Can you two please stop this continual sniping at each other?
It's depressing:blink:

wasabi622
08-31-2010, 12:29 AM

If you promote the old and the target likes it when they find out about the new stuff they will either like the new or they won't. If they like it fine, however the problem comes up when they don't. if they don't like what is being put out now they will lose interest rather quickly, they won't hang around waiting for her to change back. It's happening in Mexico right now her support is dropping as they were expecting Lolita and MCE days. Now if you promote what is happening in the here and now and they like it and not the old they will stick around. This is because they won't care so much because what they don't like is in the past not the now.

Right. Since Tom Hanks recently came out in Angels and Demons, you can no longer enjoy his performance in Saving Private Ryan. :rolleyes:

jung_adore_ALIZEE
08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Right. Since Tom Hanks recently came out in Angels and Demons, you can no longer enjoy his performance in Saving Private Ryan. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying you can't enjoy both, however if you are targeting an audience that will likely not like both you go with what is being done now right? Unless you however know the taste of said audience and use a particular tune that portrays that. From what I've seen being done lately however no one seems to have a clue what so ever what the audience likes. Oh well not my time or money I guess, just my advise from experience of what works.

On a side note I haven't seen a commercial for the original cut of Saving Private Ryan for sale recently, outside of specials a store may be having.

Regards

Jung

ImRawdg
09-01-2010, 12:25 AM
I'd say drop it. Album sales? Pfft. It's really a lost cause.

You see ancient artists still selling their older albums and playing material from their older albums at shows. And it seems like 99% of the time, an artist's older material is more well liked than their newer material, some of which even gets frowned upon. But people still support them as they are, as they still have the old stuff under their belts. It's probably no different here. Yeah, yeah, we've been over that she doesn't do many shows and isn't satisfied with small venues, and that's a huge flaw. And what I have said here so far applies mostly to music, not image. But the image is hardly a drop of what kept me with Alizée anyway.

A star she is no longer. All she should really be doing at minimum is keeping what she's got. It seems she had a lot more just 2 1/2 years ago than she does now.

Rev
09-01-2010, 01:40 AM
...A star she is no longer. All she should really be doing at minimum is keeping what she's got. It seems she had a lot more just 2 1/2 years ago than she does now.

Actually, she is still thought of as a star in France - simply one that had her moment 7 years ago. Many are not aware of her current work, other than her appearances at LE each year. She has to find the "wave" and ride it back to prominence. The trick is to catch the right wave. She is trying. :)

Zeerre
09-01-2010, 05:04 AM
Actually, she is still thought of as a star in France - simply one that had her moment 7 years ago. Many are not aware of her current work, other than her appearances at LE each year. She has to find the "wave" and ride it back to prominence. The trick is to catch the right wave. She is trying. :)

Hopefully she gets it right next time, if there even is a next time:(, because the more she tries and fails, the worse the situation becomes.

Jake04
09-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Hopefully she gets it right next time, if there even is a next time:(, because the more she tries and fails, the worse the situation becomes.

One good about being a singer is it only takes one great or even decent song to put them back on the spotlight -like Kylie Minouge.

Happens to me all the time. I'd be like just watch JEAM......... then, ML........... then, ACC.............. then, JPVA..................then end up watching the entire concert.............then, JEAM................then ML..........well, you get the idea!:wub:

Scruffydog777
09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm still working on these promotions. Making posts here and there to build up some time so when I do make a post about Alizee, they wont think I'm spamming.

I was at an LSU tigers forum today and a thread was started asking people to post pictures of their desk/work area. Well I made up a desktop background that I thought would be an attention grabber and posted it.

Here's how it looked.

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5679/dscf1531x.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/dscf1531x.jpg/)

Here's the image before I edited it for LSU

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8023/alizeedesktop2.jpg (http://img688.imageshack.us/i/alizeedesktop2.jpg/)

Zeerre
09-21-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm still working on these promotions. Making posts here and there to build up some time so when I do make a post about Alizee, they wont think I'm spamming.

I was at an LSU tigers forum today and a thread was started asking people to post pictures of their desk/work area. Well I made up a desktop background that I thought would be an attention grabber and posted it.

Here's how it looked.

*PIC*

Here's the image before I edited it for LSU

*PIC*

That's great. It's subtle enough not to be considered spam, but fairly effective in getting people's attention.

User22
09-21-2010, 07:44 PM
That's great. It's subtle enough not to be considered spam, but fairly effective in getting people's attention.

Totally agreed. That is a very good way of showing alizee without getting banned....clever;)

MarkL
09-21-2010, 11:27 PM
I like the framed Alizee picture in the top right Scruffy

Scruffydog777
09-21-2010, 11:58 PM
I like the framed Alizee picture in the top right Scruffy

Unfortunately it didn't come out clearer. It was from her incredibly beautiful performance at the Eiffel tower, when she san Jai pas vingt ans.

MarkL
09-22-2010, 12:12 AM
Yea I could tell it was JPVA, I have that exact pic on my iPod but of course not framed and on my wall...I wish...but at the same time my parents would be like ???? and consider me odd and creepy

Scruffydog777
09-22-2010, 03:43 AM
Yea I could tell it was JPVA, I have that exact pic on my iPod but of course not framed and on my wall...I wish...but at the same time my parents would be like ???? and consider me odd and creepy

Your parents would consider you odd and creepy for having a picture of a beautiful young woman on your wall? Your not Amish are you?

User22
09-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Your parents would consider you odd and creepy for having a picture of a beautiful young woman on your wall? Your not Amish are you?

Us younger folk are sort of embarrased when our parents know we like some hot singer since they would just think we are weird and creepy. But man once I get my dorm room next year at college....man oh man my Alizee collection is going to rapidly expand:D Lifesize cut-outs, Lifesize blow-up Alizee dolls, Huge posters to put on the ceiling...incense to burn where I will have my Alizee worshipping altar:D

Tom
09-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Us younger folk are sort of embarrased when our parents know we like some hot singer since they would just think we are weird and creepy. But man once I get my dorm room next year at college....man oh man my Alizee collection is going to rapidly expand:D Lifesize cut-outs, Lifesize blow-up Alizee dolls, Huge posters to put on the ceiling...incense to burn where I will have my Alizee worshipping altar:D

Yes that's the case for me... i have hidden my Alizée albums in my room and everything because i just can't imagine the reaction if my parents found out. I'd love to have posters on the wall, being able to buy whatever i want without having to make plans on how to order something and smuggle it into my room without being discovered and also have a shrine to worship her at and all of that. I mean, it's been 2 years and it feels like i'm going to explode any second but the bomb just don't want to go off.

User22
09-22-2010, 07:00 PM
Yes that's the case for me... i have hidden my Alizée albums in my room and everything because i just can't imagine the reaction if my parents found out. I'd love to have posters on the wall, being able to buy whatever i want without having to make plans on how to order something and smuggle it into my room without being discovered and also have a shrine to worship her at and all of that. I mean, it's been 2 years and it feels like i'm going to explode any second but the bomb just don't want to go off.

They know I have the albums and stuff....but they have no idea about this forum and that it's not facebook I'm always on, but instead it's AAm:D And I don't know how they would react when they knew what was in my 40GB Alizee collection hahaha. If they saw JEAM they would freak:D

Scruffydog777
09-22-2010, 07:25 PM
If I had a son, I think I'd be proud to have a son who had a poster of Alizee in his room. At least I would know all his x and y chromosones are in the right places.

User22
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
If I had a son, I think I'd be proud to have a son who had a poster of Alizee in his room. At least I would know all his x and y chromosones are in the right places.

Yeah, and I am definitely going to let my children like whatever they want to like as long as it's ok and they are the right age. Cause man I am introducing Alizee to my children and family once I grow up:D

Zeerre
09-22-2010, 08:08 PM
My parents know that I like Alizée. They don't know about all the hard drive space dedicated to her, or that I spend hours on a fan forum, but they know that I own some of her CDs and En Concert. If I had an Alizée poster I would put it on my wall, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind, they would probably ask me who that is, but that's about it.

Fèvier
09-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah, and I am definitely going to let my children like whatever they want to like as long as it's ok and they are the right age. Cause man I am introducing Alizee to my children and family once I grow up:D

fuck yeah. 5 year old singing along to Alizée songs and Folk Metal songs. jajaja, I can only imagine :rolleyes:

User22
09-22-2010, 08:26 PM
fuck yeah. 5 year old singing along to Alizée songs and Folk Metal songs. jajaja, I can only imagine :rolleyes:

....I'm going to make my kids take French so they can sing her songs perfectly and therefore one day they can be French superstars hahaha. Oh gosh I'm tired...

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-22-2010, 10:34 PM
There is no reason to hide what you like from anyone, least of all your parents. If they don't like they don't like it, that's nothing out of the normal. Most parents don't exactly like their kids music nothing new there. If you don't like it enough that you are ashamed to let others know you like it well you're probably in the wrong place.

Regards,

Jung

Fèvier
09-22-2010, 10:46 PM
There is no reason to hide what you like from anyone, least of all your parents. If they don't like they don't like it, that's nothing out of the normal. Most parents don't exactly like their kids music nothing new there. If you don't like it enough that you are ashamed to let others know you like it well you're probably in the wrong place.

Regards,

Jung

Exactly! Imagine how my parents feel that their son loves listening to Alizée and Folk Metal. especially since they come from a strong Mexican background! I'm the only one who listens to these!

MarkL
09-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Well they know I have a CD of hers and stuff, but everyone in this house is fairly like conservative with their stuff. Like no posters and stuff, everyone downloads their music so even buying this CD my mom was like OK thats fine, but gave me a weird look.

Tom
09-23-2010, 02:37 AM
If you don't like it enough that you are ashamed to let others know you like it well you're probably in the wrong place.

I'm going to blame this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger_syndrome) because i do like it more than anything right now.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Like no posters and stuff, everyone downloads their music so even buying this CD my mom was like OK thats fine, but gave me a weird look.

So do you plan on conforming every time someone gives you a weird look in your life?

Regards,

Jung

BlackAnthem
09-23-2010, 03:46 PM
I know this was brought up multiple times and shot down by the LEGAL ISSUE:

HANDING OUT SAMPLE CD'S

Recently I was invited to partake in a promotion of a local band called ATOMIC TOM. I seized this opportunity as a chance to study up on promotions for Alizee. From the sound of it all I have to do is wear apparel (hat's, t-shirts, etc.). I also found we were going to be handing out CD's in schools and public areas. I asked my other friend what the legal boundaries are concerning sample CD's. I'm awaiting a reply.

I would trust my friend being in charge of all RCA Sony promotions on the EAST COAST. When he replies I'll post the email along with the ATOMIC TOM guy's email BELOW:

"The main goal is to tell as many people in your grade/class/school
about ATOMIC TOM; to put a Demo CD and download card in everyone's
hand. To put up posters for concerts when they are in the area; to
wear ATOMIC TOM apparel (tee shirts / jerseys / lapel pins / hats /
etc. to show support. This is the short answer.... the specific
requirement is below. This is company confidential.

Dear Street Team Member / Leader -

My master plan is to build up a lot of interest at every high school
over 2,000 students in the country - there are 1,468 of them! ... than
those between 1,500 and 1999 (an additional 1,604).

The way to do this is to create a general team with a team leader,
consisting of 5 students from each grade level (class). In turn these
students create all the interest. In short, I want EVERY student at
the school to wind up with (I provide to you) -

Info card - a business size (2"x3.5") with info so they can get info /
album / songs from iTunes / Amazon and participate in the Facebook
dialogue

Club Card - a 4"x6" postcard size that is a little more informative.

Demo CD - a CD in a CD Wallet with "*********" on it and samples of
the rest of he album with a voice-over from Luke thanking them for
listening and directing them to the web to join the dialogue.

Put up posters in allowable places where students gather announcing
concerts and such.

In short, generate a school-full of interest.

The street Team members will get -

- Tee Shirts
- Jersey
- Hat
- Free Full current CDs
- Lapel pins (Street Team member of Atomic Tom)
- Free tickets to two AT concerts per year
- Back Stage Passes
- Special events for Street Teams only (block parties, etc)
- and more as we think of it!

Leaders additionally get tickets to all concerts, and more of the
above stuff.

So your real task to to recruit and share. You have -

2,626 students at ****** High
Grades 9-12

Since you have four grades, we need four teams of five each and a
leader. so 21 total members.

The Street Team is were the rubber meets the road AND where most of
your eventual fan base comes from - we are the marketing arm of the
band. My goal is to sell out every concert that AT does from October 1
on (btw, their next concert in this area is at the "***********"
in DC on October 1st - ALL ages).

I want to have a meeting once per month for status update (free pizza,
discussion, upcoming, etc.) eventually this will be Team Leaders from
the local area.

I will have a website up in about a week called www.************.com
- this is where your folks can go to get, give info, share etc, with
their street team members.

I appreciate your willingness and your interest. We need to create
excitement - that's our goal."

Of course I blocked out any personal info or profanities. Basically that is what we do. Take any and all ideas.

Thanks.

The ATOMIC TOM GUY:

"All music is copyrighted - you would need their (the French band)
permission to make the CDs (GET IT IN WRITING). I own a CD
manufacturing company in *************. If you get their permission to
do it, you will fill out an IPR at the CD duplicator (like us) - IPR -
Intellectual Property Rights form saying you have secured the rights
to copy and then make the discs. If you copy them yourself, you won't
need an IPR form but you should have their permission to protect
yourself."

ATOMIC TOM GUY:

"...posters in public, legal areas..." Anyone up for posters?

User22
09-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Can you explain who each of those email's were from and who they were going to? It sort of confused me...

BlackAnthem
09-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Can you explain who each of those email's were from and who they were going to? It sort of confused me...

Well both of the one's above are from the Atomic Tom guy TO ME.

They just list what the street teams they have do to promote. Basically if we get written permission, by sending her the form BELOW, we can give out samples of music. That might be hard to do, considering only major companies get this type of permission. But for promotional purposes we could do it I think.

IPR: http://www.everisems.com/IPR_IRMA_Form.pdf

TEXT:

Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Form
To be submitted with every order
· Letters of Indemnity are not adequate.
· LICENSED content requires proof of licensing for replication.
· OWNED content indicates the individual/organization completing this form is the IPR owner.
· Must be completed by the organization soliciting replication and not a broker or
intermediary.
Album/Project Title_____________________________________________ ____________________
Distribution Within an organization___ Retail___ Free to public___ Other_________________
Countries Where Distributed __________________________________________________ ______
Are you the IPR owner for the entire disc contents? ____ YES ____ NO*
Complete the section(s) below describing the content that is applicable to the media you have ordered.
MP3 or Enhanced Disc content requires completion of both ROM and Audio sections.
1. CD-ROM / DVD-ROM Content
*If Not IPR owner, list all included non-owned software, freeware, and shareware products.
Attach necessary distribution licensing documentation from the IPR owner. Some shareware and
freeware products require distribution licensing. Consult the software vendor for what is necessary.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
2. CD / DVD Audio Content Check Here if COMPILATION _____
Artist(s) _________________________________________ Content/Music Type _________________
An attached list of track title, artist, and IPR owner is REQUIRED. Sampling/mixing of additional
recordings not owned (regardless of type, quantity, and length) requires licensing of those original
recordings.
*If Not IPR owner, proof of replication licensing from IPR owner for licensed tracks is
REQUIRED.
3. CD / DVD Video Content (if Audio is separately licensed, complete Audio section and
provide necessary Audio/Video Synchronization licensing)
*If Not IPR owner, proof of replication licensing from IPR owner is REQUIRED.
I affirm that all information provided herein is true and that all disc contents indicated as being "licensed" are
properly licensed for replication under the terms of the original rights holder(s) with proof of such licensing and/or
trademark authorization attached. I affirm that I am the intellectual property rights owner for all contents indicated
as being "owned" and approve of replication. I agree to abide by the current version of the Anti-Piracy Compliance
Program procedures and standards of the International Recording Media Association (available at
www.recordingmedia.org). The replicator reserves the right to refuse the processing of any order not complying
with the Anti-Piracy Compliance Program guidelines.
Print Organization Name & Telephone # of Party Soliciting Order __________________________________
Signature of Representative from Party Soliciting Order _________________________________________
Print Name, Title, & Date __________________________________________________ _______________
Rev. 3-14-01
International Recording Media Association
www.recordingmedia.org
APCP-12
CD/DVD-Audio Content Identification Form
(to accompany IPR form, Section 2)
Album/Project Information
Album/Project Title:
Artist Song Title Time Intellectual Property Rights Owner
DISC, INC. reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to investigate the ownership of any and all material provided
for mastering. If DISC, INC. determines, or has reason to believe, that the customer does not have the authority
to reproduce the product or materials provided DISC, INC. will have no further obligation to the customer to
provide any mastering services. By reserving these rights, DISC, INC. does not in any way assume an obligation
to investigate or verify ownership of any and all intellectual property provided by the customer and DISC, INC. will
rely solely on the customer’s representations and warranties as provided under DISC, INC.’s CD/DVD-Audio
Product Identification Form.
I declare that the above information is correct, that I have the right to reproduce this project and that I agree to DISC,
INC.’s standard Terms and Conditions of Sale.
Print Name:
Signature:
Title/Company: Date:

Post all other Questions and Comments at the link below:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=181439#post181439

Another to look at:

http://www.cdsaonline.org/category/map/

Scruffydog777
09-27-2010, 02:41 PM
This forum idea of mine might be a tougher nut to crack than I thought. I've joined sevearl and have been slowly building my posts in them in the hopes of not getting kicked for spamming. Well I had joined the LSU tiger's forum and posted about a dozen time, then I noticed a thread where someone had asked what was your favorite Youtube video? Well I posted my six pack of Alizee video which I thought would give people a good sampling of her music.

Then I noticed a thread where someone had asked what are your favorite 3 songs? Well of course I posted 3 of Alizee's songs. I had noticed an admin who looked to be closely monitoring both threads. I think he connected the dots. Figured out I was trying to promote Lily and banned me. Well that's just one site. I learned something and will be more cautious in other forums.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9168/image1xvb.jpg (http://img517.imageshack.us/i/image1xvb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

MarkL
09-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Yea I dunt think it will really work on forums, you gotta find the right people to spread it too, like people you know.

Me and my friends all listen to each others music and have been doing this for a while so I took this as a good idea to show them Alizee and they liked some of the songs, but going forum to forum may not be the best idea, especially if its like private ones like that.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Yea I dunt think it will really work on forums, you gotta find the right people to spread it too, like people you know.

It would work out just fine, the only problem is someone wants to get attention so he runs his mouth about what he is doing, where he is doing it, and doesn't think that people there will ever see what is going on at a public forum. So maybe he caught someones attention, and that fella looked around. What do you suppose this fella stumbled upon? And you didn't see that coming at all LMFAO.

I think this one in particular will get you in trouble with those fellas at LSU.
http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showpost.php?p=180956&postcount=77

Regards,

Jung

MarkL
09-27-2010, 10:04 PM
hehehe lol Well you still gotta admire Scruffys valiant efforts!

User22
09-27-2010, 10:11 PM
:( It's ok Scruff....keep trying! I am sure you will attract many fans with this clever form of spamming you are doing....

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-27-2010, 10:18 PM
hehehe lol Well you still gotta admire Scruffys valiant efforts!

Why? I have yet to see results.

Regards,

Jung

User22
09-27-2010, 10:33 PM
Why? I have yet to see results.

Regards,

Jung

Well you can admire his efforts, whether they turn up results or not...they are still good efforts...

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-27-2010, 10:39 PM
Well you can admire his efforts, whether they turn up results or not...they are still good efforts...

If you're gonna run your mouth about what you are doing you better get results, or else you are just looking for attention. The people who have gotten the best results go without any recognition. They both get results and don't get all the attention because they don't run their mouth. I won't admire someone looking for attention and doing things with total disregard to advice given.

Well as I originally said this is quite lolzy.

Regards,

Jung

User22
09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
If you're gonna run your mouth about what you are doing you better get results, or else you are just looking for attention. The people who have gotten the best results go without any recognition. They both get results and don't get all the attention because they don't run their mouth. I won't admire someone looking for attention and doing things with total disregard to advice given.

Eh, you seem to have a good point...

Scruffydog777
09-28-2010, 08:06 AM
At least I try. All some people do in here is run their mouth off. I keep updating in here so people will see there is someone who is trying hard to promote her in the hope that it will encourage them to do something. I'm certainly not saying this way is the best way, but it is a way at least worth checking into. I started a thread in a pilot's forum that had 857 views. That's potentialy over 800 people who may never have heard the name Alizee, have heard it now and know who she is. How many people have you spread the word to "recently"? None I'm sure, all you do is just sit back and criticize like a useless piece of crap.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-28-2010, 08:57 AM
How many people have you spread the word to "recently"? None I'm sure, all you do is just sit back and criticize like a useless piece of crap.

Spreading the word of Alizee, well I believe I've said it before in this very thread that my time for that is over. I've moved on to people who appreciate my work. Just cause I'm not gonna promote Alizee in anyway again does not mean you should disregard all advice given. You were told what you've said in this thread would come back and catch up with you, yet you continue to explain in detail what you are doing at each of these forums. To date I've seen what has been said here get you caught at least on two of the forums. If you're gonna talk about dishonest doings do it in private, doing it in public is just gonna get you caught and give you a bad rep.

You don't have to like me in the least bit, but please just take the advice. You've seen how this thread has caused failure. You must have sparked some interest somewhere in at least two places though. If you didn't spark that interest you wouldn't have gotten caught. But like I said if they want to be interested you can damn near bet they will stumble upon this thread here.

Besides I believe you self proclaimed yourself alizee's biggest critic at one point. Sometimes it's nice to think about what you've done before you say what you say about others.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
09-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Dishonest? Give me a break. You make it sound like I robbed Fort Knox. Joining a forum that I would have never otherwise have joined to promote Alizée is such a sin? I'm sure the good Lord will have me burning in hell for that one.

You said this thread has caused failure. In what way? Over 1,000 people so far have heard the name of Alizée through my efforts and I'm just in the initial stages. Can anyone else who has posted in this thread say that they've spread the word of Alizee to any wheres near as many people as I have since this thread was started?

If everyone in this forum put as much time and effort into promoting Alizée as I did, Alizée would be a household name in the U.S.A. now. But all you do is criticize, bitter becaus you think she doesn't appreciate your efforts. So now instead of doing something postive in here, you just put down other peoples efforts. Never having anything positive to say.

I'm sure I am her biggest critic. I think she's done several things the wrong way. But I'm not bitter about it. She still has a beautiful voice and as long as she keeps her career going, there will I'm sure be more songs she sings that I will love. That's why I spend so much time trying to promote her.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-28-2010, 10:24 AM
You said this thread has caused failure. In what way?

http://forums.tigerfan.com/roundtable/101597-lets-see-your-desk-work-area-2.html#post1122341

There's why you were banned from the LSU forum, would have worked fine and all but you posted what you were doing here. now those people will not become involved as they would had you not said anything about it here.

Like I said your method there is not a problem it's that you are saying what you are doing there on this thread. Not only are you saying what you are doing, but explaining in detail.

Over 1,000 people so far have heard the name of Alizée through my efforts and I'm just in the initial stages. Can anyone else who has posted in this thread say that they've spread the word of Alizee to any wheres near as many people as I have since this thread was started?

oooh over 1000 in the month plus you've been doing this. Hardly something to brag about.

If everyone in this forum put as much time and effort into promoting Alizée as I did, Alizée would be a household name in the U.S.A. now.

Remember the people that are hearing about her have to like her too, and that is where you are also going about things wrong. There is a target for Pop and college sports forums aren't exactly your ideal audience. I'd suggest other pop forums.

But all you do is criticize, bitter becaus you think she doesn't appreciate your efforts. So now instead of doing something postive in here, you just put down other peoples efforts. Never having anything positive to say.

I'm sure I am her biggest critic.

So I see this as you calling yourself her biggest critic and saying I shouldn't be so critical of how you are going about things. Sorry if I find that hypocritical in anyway.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
09-28-2010, 12:47 PM
[url]

There's why you were banned from the LSU forum, would have worked fine and all but you posted what you were doing here. now those people will not become involved as they would had you not said anything about it here.

How in the world would the people in that forum know what I am posting in this forum?

[QUOTE=jung_adore_ALIZEE;181857][url]
oooh over 1000 in the month plus you've been doing this. Hardly something to brag about.

Well compared to what you've done in this same time period which is absolutely zero, I'd say it's pretty dam good.

[url]
Remember the people that are hearing about her have to like her too, and that is where you are also going about things wrong. There is a target for Pop and college sports forums aren't exactly your ideal audience. I'd suggest other pop forums.

One thing I've learned about promoting Alizée is that you shouldn't eliminate any group from targeting. I've found fans from all different age groups, people who like all different types of music, different religous views and polititical views and I will target any group I can. If you have any groups to recommend rather than just generalising, I will gladly listen, because I know you wont do a dam thing.

[url]

So I see this as you calling yourself her biggest critic and saying I shouldn't be so critical of how you are going about things. Sorry if I find that hypocritical in anyway.

Regards,

Jung

This is a thread about promoting Allizée, something you no longer do because Alizée did Jung wrong. So your coming here is hypocritical.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-28-2010, 01:04 PM
How in the world would the people in that forum know what I am posting in this forum?

Because this is a public forum that is viewable to anyone and everyone, and it just so happens to be who you are talking about on that forum. You wanted them to look into her and I'd assume one of them did and would you look at what he found. Hmm would have never thought it would be possible eh?

Well compared to what you've done in this same time period which is absolutely zero, I'd say it's pretty dam good.

LMFAO well I'm sure you just lost quite a few of those people.

If you have any groups to recommend rather than just generalising, I will gladly listen, because I know you wont do a dam thing.

I gave my suggestion and I know for a fact it works.

This is a thread about promoting Allizée, something you no longer do because Alizée did Jung wrong. So your coming here is hypocritical.

Just giving advice on what works and what doesn't. Sorry I'm willing to try to help you out.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
09-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Because this is a public forum that is viewable to anyone and everyone, and it just so happens to be who you are talking about on that forum. You wanted them to look into her and I'd assume one of them did and would you look at what he found. Hmm would have never thought it would be possible eh?

To think that someone from that forum discovered this forum on their own in such a short time span is such a stupid idea it's laughable.

LMFAO well I'm sure you just lost quite a few of those people.

Another stupid statement on your part based on absolutely nothing.

I gave my suggestion and I know for a fact it works.

Just like I thought, you have nothing of conrete value to add to the promotion of Alizée.

Just giving advice on what works and what doesn't. Sorry I'm willing to try to help you out.

That's a bunch of b.s. If your willing to to try then do something instead of being a useless lump in this forum.

Orion
09-28-2010, 04:35 PM
most collages and universities have their own radio stations . . . . I know mine does. . . . I think it is expecting too much to get any sort of rise from such "thread mingling" . . . . better to simply search for Spanish and college radio stations in your cities and towns and ask to play Les Collines. That is what I am trying to do in Toronto and Quebec here . . . both French radio stations, I made contact with. The thing is that you need to send them a copy of the album, or they will not have anything to play on the radio ;)

heck even open facebook and twitter accounts can do as much as any ol' college thread can possibly do ( I guess). Either way, it would be great.

But keep in m,ind that over at AF, we have had our share of trying to promote Lili in the U.S and FRANCE even :blink: . . . with the likes of Ben and some other fine folks pitching in from around the world. It is simply a lost cause to imagine that any college campus will suddenly open up the flood gates to Lili land. It just all seems so difficult and too overwhelming . . . especially from past experiences, guys.

As always you have my best wishes.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
To think that someone from that forum discovered this forum on their own in such a short time span is such a stupid idea it's laughable.

Obviously one of them did, it only takes a mere google search after all.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
09-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Obviously one of them did, it only takes a mere google search after all.

Regards,

Jung

Another completely stupid statement out of you.
I was banned less than 2 days after making my posts.
You're trying to tell me that someone saw my posts about Alizée. Did a search on google of Alizee, and it had to be Alizee because I never mentioned this forum and used a different forum name.

If somebody there liked the music and did a search for Alizee, are you really so stupid that you would think they would go to a site like AA when there are so many other sites. They would go to Youtube to see her videos and then they would probably go to wikipedia to learn more. If they didn't like what they saw, they would have never gone to AA. If they liked what they saw, they would have never left youtube. Even if they had by some stretch of your stupid imagination gone to AA, what are the chances they would have discovered this thread. Slim to almost none. Making your statement a completely stupid, dumbass statement, only capable of a complete ignoramous.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Another completely stupid statement out of you.
I was banned less than 2 days after making my posts.
You're trying to tell me that someone saw my posts about Alizée. Did a search on google of Alizee, and it had to be Alizee because I never mentioned this forum and used a different forum name.

If somebody there liked the music and did a search for Alizee, are you really so stupid that you would think they would go to a site like AA when there are so many other sites. They would go to Youtube to see her videos and then they would probably go to wikipedia to learn more. If they didn't like what they saw, they would have never gone to AA. If they liked what they saw, they would have never left youtube. Even if they had by some stretch of your stupid imagination gone to AA, what are the chances they would have discovered this thread. Slim to almost none. Making your statement a completely stupid, dumbass statement, only capable of a complete ignoramous.

Well AAm just happens to be the 5th result on a google search. The fact they are on a forum to start with may mean they may want to look for one to start with. Maybe they just knew about her previously and it kindled something and they did a search then. Honestly I don't really know what possessed them to, and I don't care either. The fact of the matter is it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Regards,

Jung

wasabi622
09-28-2010, 11:22 PM
Jung, you're such an overgrown baby.

Honestly, you really are. I can see that at one point, you were an Alizée fan like all of us here, but something happened, and now you're being all pouty about it. Maybe it was all her canceled concerts, or her not interacting with her fans as much. But whatever it was, it upset you(and yes.. it hurt you.. you poa poa bawbe!), and now you're being all bitter and sulky about it.

Go play with your guns. You're pretty useless around here.

AceTone
09-29-2010, 01:59 AM
Which came first? LSU then AAm; or the other way around?

That Vox is fishy. (Assuming they heard of Alizée only recently.) If Vox was interested enough to search and even read this forum in this detail** they must have started liking Alizée. I don't know why someone would report a guy who brought ~joy to them, rather than thanking them. Not to mention they bothered to register just to call Scruff out. Isn't that just pathetic?!

And in their post they just said "oh now I remember why" as to why they don't trust Scruff. Only a person who is familiar with AAm long before would say it in that manner without continuing to expain why, which they didn't even bother to. Then, in their second post writing "just sayin' it's all there" ... LOL.

And be called out on what? Spammer? For posting on-topic posts? He showed his desktop in a Desk thread. He listed Alizée songs in a song thread.
If Scruff deserved to be banned because of spamming, then so do some members here who post (advertise) nothing but other artists' media (but like Scruff, in an on-topic thread), and say nothing about Lili, except when there's an opportunity to criticize her.
But, right, they shouldn't be.

http://forums.tigerfan.com/roundtable/101597-lets-see-your-desk-work-area-2.html#post1122341
There's why you were banned from the LSU forum, would have worked fine and all but you posted what you were doing here.

He's right, Scruffy, it would've worked fine, but the mistake you made is that you mentioned it here on which forum you posted it on.
From that, it is relatively easy to find your post there and call you out. But not immediately of course ... don't wanna look too suspicious.

** The "News" section, I can understand, but who the fuck would visit "The AAm Project" section on their first day(s). Hell, even this thread. And even go through 8 pages to find Scruff's LSU post (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=180956#post180956).

Zeerre
09-29-2010, 05:13 AM
Which came first? LSU then AAm; or the other way around?

That Vox is fishy. (Assuming they heard of Alizée only recently.) If Vox was interested enough to search and even read this forum in this detail** they must have started liking Alizée. I don't know why someone would report a guy who brought ~joy to them, rather than thanking them. Not to mention they bothered to register just to call Scruff out. Isn't that just pathetic?!

And in their post they just said "oh now I remember why" as to why they don't trust Scruff. Only a person who is familiar with AAm long before would say it in that manner without continuing to expain why, which they didn't even bother to. Then, in their second post writing "just sayin' it's all there" ... LOL.

I find it quite suspicious as well, for all the reasons that you mentioned. I don't want to make any accusations, but I think it's very likely that someone from this forum ratted out Scruffy.

jung_adore_ALIZEE
09-29-2010, 07:31 AM
** The "News" section, I can understand, but who the fuck would visit "The AAm Project" section on their first day(s). Hell, even this thread. And even go through 8 pages to find Scruff's LSU post (http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?p=180956#post180956).

Home page shows all recent threads posted in. If you want to question him feel free to go over there and do so, but don't blindly insinuate.

Regards,

Jung

Scruffydog777
09-29-2010, 02:08 PM
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/1206/123bb.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/123bb.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Here is what comes up when you do a search for Alizee on google.

More than likely, anyone who was interested enough to do a search would probably click on one of the first two, to see her perform or if they wanted more in depth info about her, they probably would have gone to wikipedia. They probably would have even gone to Alilzee-officiel before coming here.

If they did by some stretch of the imagination come to AA first, they probably would have checked out the video section first. The thought that they came here first and found this thread is so ignorant that it's beyond belief.

As far as someone ratting me out, I doubt if that happened mainly in order to send messages to anyone in that forum, you have to make a donation.

DrSmith
09-29-2010, 02:33 PM
Why is this argument still going on?

Here's a post from the link jung posted:
Some guy posted a shot of his computer monitor in an attempt to spam his website. He was posting about how sneaky he is for for doing it on another forum and Vox busted him so I deleted his spam.

It would have worked had he not run his mouth about it.

Sorry scruff, somebody saw this thread and decided to rat you out.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 03:31 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/drink_stare.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4406)
http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=4406

DrSmith
09-29-2010, 03:44 PM
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, Tchaikovsky.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 03:45 PM
I don't know what that's supposed to mean, Tchaikovsky.

Neither do I..

Zeerre
09-29-2010, 04:08 PM

I read that whole thread, but I find it very suspicious that Scruffy posted a picture of his desktop with Alizée as his background, and he never specifically mentioned that girl in the picture was Alizée. Yet somehow, in a very short timeframe, someone that wasn't even a member at the LSU forums decided to Google Alizée, and came upon this website, and then checked this thread, and went through 8 pages, and found the post where Scruffy mentioned his plan, and decided to go back to LSU forums and register just to report Scruffy. Yes, I know it's possible, but I don't find it vey plausible.

Even the guys from the LSU forum find it suspicious.

Thanks, I RA'd.

What led to you being the good samaritan and taking the trouble to sign up to report it/him? He run off with ya wife or sumpin?

Keep in mind that Scruffy posted the picture of his desktop in the appropiate thread, and no one had a reason to belive that it was spam, since he had been making other legit posts, and it's not like he went: "Hey check out the girl in my background, her name is Alizée, bla bla bla..."

So I have to believe that someone from the LSU forums (that wasn't even a member), decided to check the "Let's see your desk/work area" thread at the LSU forums, and from all the pictures posted, he somehow decided that there's was something wrong with Scruffy's desk.:rolleyes:

That's why I think it's more likely that someone from AAm, someone that knew beforehand was Scruffy was up to, decided to go to the LSU forums just to rat him out.

Tom
09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
That's why I think it's more likely that someone from AAm, someone that knew beforehand was Scruffy was up to, decided to go to the LSU forums just to rat him out.

Who would do such a thing? :rolleyes:

DrSmith
09-29-2010, 04:29 PM
Yeah, the fact that Vox signed up specifically to report Scruffy is very fishy. I'd like to think that it's not an active member of AAm. Perhaps someone who was recently banned.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 04:35 PM
Yeah, the fact that Vox signed up specifically to report Scruffy is very fishy. I'd like to think that it's not an active member of AAm. Perhaps someone who was recently banned.

Maybe bbk?

DrSmith
09-29-2010, 04:39 PM
That's who I had in mind.

Junkmale
09-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I can't see what the fuss is all about?
I've done precisely what Scruffy has done numerous times?
So what? I've joined Forums, posted a few times and then started a thread in the 'Off Topic' section (most Forums have them).
We are Fans (or we are supposed to be?). Our aim is (or should be) to get the 'word' out to anyone who is willing to listen. If it works, it works.
It's hardly crime of the century if you upset one or two complete strangers on an unrelated forum?
Jeez.................

Here's one i posted ages ago...and no one had a problem with it?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5180

severianb
09-29-2010, 07:23 PM

Whoever ratted him out, one of their forum members, or one of our forum members (there seem to be some VERY bitter ex-Alizée fans on here), it's no big deal. I think Scruffy's idea is very good, and I will be doing it. I won't use my username here, and I won't say what sites I'm posting, but I really don't think it matters much.

It's a simple thing to do and very harmless. It's how I found out about Alizée, years ago, so I know it works.

Besides, I've been reading old threads, and Scruffy has been blessed by the most high, touched by the angel... and he keeps my airplane from crashing... argument over. :D

Edit:

I can't see what the fuss is all about?
I've done precisely what Scruffy has done numerous times?
So what? I've joined Forums, posted a few times and then started a thread in the 'Off Topic' section (most Forums have them).
We are Fans (or we are supposed to be?). Our aim is (or should be) to get the 'word' out to anyone who is willing to listen. If it works, it works.
It's hardly crime of the century if you upset one or two complete strangers on an unrelated forum?
Jeez.................

Here's one i posted ages ago...and no one had a problem with it?

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5180

Exactly. Certain people on here just like to be negative. Last time I looked, fan boards were supposed to be for *fans*, and just a good time. Stop harshing my mellow, creeps.

wasabi622
09-29-2010, 11:19 PM
You know Scruff, you can do what I did and just put Jung on your ignore list. None of his posts show up. I can understand your anger, but Jung isn't going to change, and by the looks of it, he's not leaving either.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't believe in using the ignore button, but it can certainly be a useful tool for other users, when needed.

wasabi622
09-29-2010, 11:23 PM
I don't believe in using the ignore button, but it can certainly be a useful tool for other users, when needed.

Well it's either that or we're going to continually bump heads and cause this ruckus over and over again.

Tchaikovsky
09-29-2010, 11:31 PM
Well it's either that or we're going to continually bump heads and cause this ruckus over and over again.

Yes, indeed...

Orion
09-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Damn, I wish I was moderator here :cheesy:

seriously, the first person that stops responding in this outrageous "discussion" has my respect. As moderator, I don't think that such foul language should be tolerated on any forum where kids and women, etc, visit and are active members. Stay calm and collected and let facts do the talking, not your temper, no matter what you feel another person has done against you. We all lose it at times, but we have to gather ourselves and take on the trust and duty of being a moderator to benefit ALL members on the sidelines. When it gets personal, we take it to PM. . . and let the thread live on as intended in the first place. It's how we save and administer forums.

peace and health.

Plaz
09-30-2010, 12:32 AM
When it gets personal, we take it to PM. . . and let the thread live on as intended in the first place. It's how we save and administer forums.

this isnt AF....

Jess
09-30-2010, 12:40 AM
This has turned into the likes of MTV, less music and more drama lol :p It's a shame because there's a lot happening in music right now ;-)

This type of behavior or problem is not new though, something similar has happened before. Back in the days when we were voting for Alizée to win on that twitter thing someone was going to a Pink forum and stirring up things and then coming back to report on Alizée forums the discontent that they had because we were fanatics etc for trying to make her win... honestly I never voted for anyone as much as I did then hehe ;-) ;)

I think the biggest problem this forum and others have is the tolerance that it has. Some people who join or have joined in the past quite frankly don't have any respect for this forum, it's members or the artist of which we're a fan of. Why are they tolerated and allowed to continue is beyond my control, crap I just had a Mylene Moment lol. By the way by ignoring a problem it doesn't make it go away, unless of course it goes to a different forum mdr ;-) ;)

Orion
09-30-2010, 12:44 AM
this isnt AF....

^Lucky for some . . . . ;)

anyhoot, back to promoting Lili:

I know it is hard to promote her, and get something out of it in North AMerica, that is why I try to focus more on Quebec. What happens in Mexico will stay in Mexico and die down too. Ben and his posse has tried exceptionally to promote Lili but they can vouch for how difficult it is. As I said before it won't do much to promote her in generic forums or college campuses, etc. . . it's just too easy . . . and overwhelmingly hard to accomplish anything, except a couple people maybe joining a Alizée forum, out of hundreds.

There comes a point where we have to pay more attention to what her record label is doing v. what Alizée CAN do. AS I noted on AF, it is interesting how Alizée does all these appearances and performances ( ie. BB Brunes, Enfoires) BUT when it comes to her album and record label, it is wait and see ( ie 2nd single?? promotion for album etc). It kinda points to something behind the scenes, and maybe her record label is not behind her, and she being free to go on Enfoires, and perform with BB BRunes, will take the ops as they present themselves to her.

I t just makes me wonder.

Orion
09-30-2010, 01:19 AM
Scruffy, if it all went down like you suggest, then don;t you think that you are playing right into their hands. You are falling for the ol "let's get the forum in an uproar, and cause havoc" trick. You take it to PM, but say your peace here.

Trust me Scruffy. It is for the best, because I respect you too. I have MANY miles as moderator over at AF, and I speak up from experience. Let it go . . for now. It's the best thing for the forum. I had to resort to a lot of things to save AF from this type of disruption, and a lot of people that did not know what was going on hated me for a bit, UNTIL they figured it out. And I don't think you have such problems yet here, except in this thread . . because this is where an opening for disruption excels in spreading. As mod, take heed and let your members have a bit of faith in you. . . . as I do.

peace to all.

ImRawdg
09-30-2010, 01:33 AM
As fun and clever as arguing can be, you hear it all the time, it gets us nowhere. That said, if we're really interested in solving this mystery, can't forum admins/mods see IP addresses?

At the root of this whole LSU forum attempt, I don't think the desktop picture thing was destined to work. Nor the radio ads. My conception of human psychology doesn't agree with these as a gainful form of promotion. In all honesty, I don't think Alizee's current status holds enough water to try and promote. It's been leaking out since the release of Psych. I don't think like Jung in terms of treatment of the following she still has, but maybe some things just won't work, especially with the state of things.

This website is starting to remind me of the "End of ze World" video where the "meteor comes by and just says oh f*ck that"

Merci Alizée
09-30-2010, 04:08 AM
I have been following whole discussion from the start. This situation not good for the forum. AAm has been a prominent platform for the Alizée fans especially fans from America. Many people visit the site daily especially new young fans. Most of the people who have posted here are senior members and have been with forum for a long time. You can imagine what kind of impression people will get about this site.

I have deleted posts related to this dispute. I would advise all you to move this to PMs and not to post anything related to it.

If you are really interested in posting something related to the original intentions of the thread then you're most welcome, otherwise leave it for a while.

I wanted to say more, but time constraints won't allow me to do so. You can always send me PM in this regard.

BlackAnthem
10-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Mr. Krabs, I have an idea-a-a!

So, I just saw a thing from Facebook that asked me to create a ad for an event. So why don't we create an AD on FACEBOOK for AAM! ...or did we already do that?

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 08:04 PM

So, I just saw a thing from Facebook that asked me to create a ad for an event. So why don't we create an AD on FACEBOOK for AAM! ...or did we already do that?

Well we created a group for AAm on facebook, which works a little better than en event for our case. It's actually grown quite a lot. :D

(I totally read the beginning in spongebob's voice. :p)

Merci Alizée
10-05-2010, 10:45 PM

one can create fb ads for pages, events etc. I thought about creating ads some time back. If you check, you will find that it provides many options like defining your target age group, countries etc, but it charges you some amount for those ads.

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
Fresh idea given to me by Tosh.0 of all things. :p

Maybe for chat roulette you can just prop up a picture of Alizée with AlizéeAmerica.com written on the bottom or something?

AlizéeInspired
10-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Fresh idea given to me by Tosh.0 of all things. :p

Maybe for chat roulette you can just prop up a picture of Alizée with AlizéeAmerica.com written on the bottom or something?

Umm... Not a horrible idea, but from what I've heard, it seems that a lot of pervy dudes are there (if you know what I mean). Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it :rolleyes: lol

So if anyone plans on venturing into chat roulette to do so, I suggest you get to know or at least pay attention to who you are sharing Alizée with for the sake of those here at AAm and Alizée.

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Umm... Not a horrible idea, but from what I've heard, it seems that a lot of pervy dudes are there (if you know what I mean). Maybe I'm just being paranoid about it :rolleyes: lol

So if anyone plans on venturing into chat roulette to do so, I suggest you get to know or at least pay attention to who you are sharing Alizée with for the sake of those here at AAm and Alizée.

Oh god.. *shudder*

Yeah, there is a ton of pervy dudes working their junk on there.. but maybe they'll just skip over Alizée in search of boobs? Oh who am I kidding.. it's the Goddess we're talking about..

DrSmith
10-05-2010, 11:51 PM
I think it's a bad idea. Nothing but trolls and weirdos on chatroulette.

wasabi622
10-05-2010, 11:54 PM

Trolls? There's no purpose to chat roulette. Some normal person surfing on there might come across Alizée, and well she's fricken hot, so maybe they'll check her out some more.

DrSmith
10-06-2010, 01:36 AM
Trolls meaning people who show animated gifs and pretend to be other people.

Zeerre
10-06-2010, 06:09 AM

Yeah, I don't think we want the people that frequent chatroulette visiting AAm.
If we were to advertise AAm on chatroulette we would be invaded by trolls, and horny guys that would only care about Alizée's breasts.

Tchaikovsky
10-06-2010, 03:12 PM
I've got an idea...that just might work.

We rent a blimp with the words "Google Alizée" on the side and fly it across the country.

AlizéeInspired
10-06-2010, 03:20 PM

We rent a blimp with the words "Google Alizée" on the side and fly it across the country.

THAT'S PERFECT! Advertising Alizée, the feminine form of alizé, the trade wind, by AIR!!! It only makes perfect sense! :D

lol

That would be cool if we could do that though. I'm down if anyone has a few hundred thousand dollars laying around :D

BlackAnthem
10-06-2010, 03:23 PM
Yes! So someone just try it and see how much more traffic we get in here.

Should we have the ad link go to this site or to a YouTube video of her? I'm thinking people aren't going to read about her, they are going to want to SEE HER! You can make her the image too!

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 08:45 PM

The closest thing that I've done to that is that mystery google thing. You just type in a random thing and someone else will get that as their result while you get someone elses. I just repeatedly typed in Alizée over and over again. I figured someone out there ended up getting Alizée.

User22
10-06-2010, 08:48 PM
The closest thing that I've done to that is that mystery google thing. You just type in a random thing and someone else will get that as their result while you get someone elses. I just repeatedly typed in Alizée over and over again. I figured someone out there ended up getting Alizée.

I would laugh so hard if some guy came on here and posted that he found out about Alizee not from youtube, but from Mystery Google...hahahahaha:D

wasabi622
10-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I would laugh so hard if some guy came on here and posted that he found out about Alizee not from youtube, but from Mystery Google...hahahahaha:D

Well Mystery Google's gone now, so I doubt it. Though there is a new "mystery seeker" thingy.

User22
10-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Well Mystery Google's gone now, so I doubt it. Though there is a new "mystery seeker" thingy.

Let's do work!

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g20/deannaadams/DoWorkSon.jpg

Scruffydog777
10-27-2010, 11:06 AM
I finally started a thread about Alizee in one of the forums I joined a couple of months ago. It's had over 250 hits in less than a day. I'd like to post some screen shots from that forum but as you all well know, there is someone here who has nothing better to do with his time than to sabotage my efforts to promote her and if he saw a screen shot, he'd figure out where it was from, and I'm sure he'd do the same.

It's really too bad because when times in here are slow, I'm sure members here would like to see what other people around the country are saying about her, good or bad.

wasabi622
10-27-2010, 08:22 PM
It's really too bad because when times in here are slow, I'm sure members here would like to see what other people around the country are saying about her, good or bad.

You can bet on that. I was about to say, where are the pictures?? :(

Zeerre
10-28-2010, 02:31 AM

Yes, I would like to see what non-fans think about her, but like you said, I think it's better to keep everything under wraps.

Marshal Davout
09-04-2022, 10:26 PM
A Funny ! What you may not know ! At least it works this way on my PC. I used to send people the actual links to alizee youtubes in emails. During the course of this I knew a service type guy in Afghanistan. So I sent him the link to J'en ai marre ( the official video ) which has her dancing and singing in the leotard. I sent it to him for Troop Morale purposes ! Ha! But what I didn't know is that even though it looks like a plain link to the video on Youtube; it also contains some kind of link to your PC or the email in which it was sent ! Thus it was; when I went to play the video again on my PC; youtube told me that I was already playing the video 2,000 times, so I couldn't access it ? In thinking about this, I realized that 2,000 servicemen were playing the video as if it was playing on my PC and/or through my email ! So I never send anybody links again I always tell them to search for it and give them the name. In this way I protect my PC and/or email !